The nerve centre of the Montreal Forum’s ice-making plant, mid-1970s. Not a computer in sight.
From CSNwashington, a look ahead to the Canadiens season. The Habs will finish 12th in the Eastern Conference according to these guys – who see the Toronto Maple Leafs finishing 11th. They see only Atlanta, the Islanders and the Florida Panthers finishing lower than Montreal.
• Without letting the facts clutter its view, bettor.com wonders whether the price for Price is too steep.
• Pierre Boivin reportedly to name his son, Patrick, as Canadiens’ director of hockey operations.
• Habs prospect Louis Leblanc wasn’t in the lineup last night as the Montreal Juniors beat Gatineau 7-5 at Cynthia Coull Arena in Greenfield Park. It was the Juniors’ preseason opener. Michael Clark had two goals and an assist for the winners, who scored five times in the third.
• Here’s an upcoming event they likely won’t be celebrating in Quebec City.
• From The Hockey News, Adam Proteau’s thought-provoking look at the business of covering hockey 13 months a year, providing an “infolanche” of things that often aren’t news at all.