Yeah, but they signed Alex Henry

On the day Dominic Moore signed with Habs South, aka the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Canadiens have announced the Hamilton Bulldogs captain has put his Alex Henry on a two-year contract.

Just be thankful the Bell Centre isn’t Citizens Bank Park.

And to get the weekend rolling, check out the gold standard in goal celebrations.

1. RGM says:

I like Lars, but even his own bandmates will say that he’s not going to be drummer of the year anytime soon.

Josh Gorges for Captain!

2. santeri says:

If it helps you as a fellow metal drummer I can tell you Ulrich was a very meriocre drummer even in his prime.

3. GrimJim says:

Nice find, trips

4. kempie says:

I just downloaded their entire catalog then erased it just to piss off that little twerp. Unfortunately, he’s an awesome drummer and that pisses me off even more.

5. showey47 says:

I liked moore. I had no problem giving up the 2nd rounder if we resigned him. Would have rather given him the money then keeping darche.

6. saskhabfan says:

Wow Wee,the bolts got a new coach, owners,a g.m.,capologist,a 3rd line center and an injury prone winger and that somehow is totally rebuilding their team with a clear balance and direction? Seriously? Didn’t we do most of that last year other then the capologist and injury prone winger? Why throw the leafs in there? They didn’t do anything other then turn the bruins into a cup contender and add a smurf(tm)in versteeg. You want to be depressed,talk to anyone following the leafs for the last 7 years.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

7. Mark C says:

Hard to know what the bonus are, however they only count on next years cap if the bonuses push the team’s final cap number over the limit of the prior year.

8. habs001 says:

despite the playoffs this team needs to rebuild…80% of the time we were outplayed…over 101 games this team in reality is a 500 team..the talent level needs to be upgraded to be a top 10 team in the nhl…goal to be realistic cup contenders for 2012-2013…

9. LA Loyalist says:

Yes, agree. Let’s not ruin him.

10. Storm Man says:

I understand the only flag you fly is the rainbow one. It’s all good you and your bud semi hope the both of you enjoy your weekend.

11. LA Loyalist says:

Why am I so depressed since our great playoff run?  Actually since we dumped Halak for a VERY questionable Price without at least getting a very serious player back.

How can Tampa Bay have rebuilt their team with a clear balance and direction in SIX FREAKIN’ WEEKS?

What’s the plan here? Tampa Bay and the Leafs will be be ahead of us in the standings by Christmas.

Discuss among yourselves.

P.S. Did I mention that Gomez was a Smurf(tm)

NoMez playoff record (what seven million dollars buys)

PTS 14
    G 2
    A 12
    +/- -6
  12. LA Loyalist says:

Price is ready because Gauthier is betting on him?

I don’t even know how to argue with that statement it is so nonsensical, and I don’t want to insult you, but there is no causation there. No cause and effect.

They are betting on Price because he’s untradeable, and they are so deep into betting on Price that they have to double down. It’s the only way to justify how they ruined him in the first place, bringing him up too young into the toughest job in the NHL. I’m not saying Price can’t pull it off, I’ll be thrilled, but he’s now got a very short window – if he hasn’t won the team over to him with great play by Xmas we are done and we’ll have wasted a #5 pick overall for NOTHING. It’s not his fault. It’s bad judgement by management.

Of course we can’t evaluate the team accurately, it’s all smoke and mirrors because they have no plan. If there is a plan I’d appreciate you explaining it to us poor slobs.

13. fun police says:

leblanc signs three year deal with habs, is leaving harvard and playing in the Q!  i think this is good for his development.

14. LA Loyalist says:

Ergo we have ONE top 3 center: Plex

We’re stuck with Gomez and an unknown.

Here’s Gomez’ playoff record in case you’ve forgotten:

PTS 14
    G 2
    A 12
    +/- -6

plus stupid offensive zone penalties at bad times

did I mention that he’s a Smurf with a boat-anchor contract? Eller will have to be Koivu, Kirk Muller and Mike Keane all in one to cover that hole.

Go ahead and defend NoMez. I need a laff tonight and the Leafs aren’t playing. :)

PK Subban has been practicing his shot and is already dumb founding the experts, dents everywhere.!

Unexplainable square-dent appears on ship

Fan Summit Updates

16. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I blame it on the departure of George Laraque.

17. LA Loyalist says:

Bill, with all respect, you are entirely missing the point.

Eller is an unknown. Period. He eats sandwiches with no tops, for pete’s sake. He eats those weird pastries with cream cheese in them.

Give us some Canadian boys that know their way around a Tim Horton’s and the pool rooms on St. Laurent (if there still are any).

18. observer says:

Pronger’s teams seem to go farthur with him than without – a bunch of them – yet fans in other cities dspise him.

19. ed lopaz says:

also, I’d rather have moore than boyd.

we could have started Eller on the 4th line and maybe boyd is an extra body.

I love my country, that does not mean I support the present government.
    I love the Habs, that does not mean I support the present Habs management.

20. LA Loyalist says:

Nicely put. And you know what I would have respected? If they would have just come out last summer and said, “ok, the chemistry in the room is bad, for whatever reason, and we’re blowing it up for kids and draft picks. It’s gonna take 5 years.”

Instead we get a B.S. dog’s breakfast that finally gets on a roll and then they partially blow that up, methodically getting rid of the main guy – Halak that made it possible. It makes no sense, if someone would just have the poutine to make a plan and stick to it, I wouldn’t be so pissed.

“to failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

21. observer says:

Rather have him than Darche.

22. LA Loyalist says:

…and how many KEY goals has Eller ever scored for ANYONE in the NHL? You’re talking apples and oranges. Eller is a risk, Moore is more of a known factor who played great for us in the playoffs. Last time I checked, the playoffs are what count if you’re a Habs fan.

Eller may turn out great, or he may tank like Scott Gomez. Oh, sorry, I can guess Gomez is your favorite player.

23. observer says:

It’s not Eller vs. Moore. It’s who would you rather have on your roster? Darche or Moore who you just happened to give away a possibly high 2nd round draft pick for. There was absolutely no need to sign Darche in June to a $500,000 deal add to that the un-needed half million raise to Pouliot after a terrible near last 30 game performce and you have just about what Moore ended up accepting. Moore could play any forward position. It really was a choice between him or Darche. And Gauthier chose Darche.

In the meantime gave that money away quick and easy to both Darch and Pouliot but not Moore or Price now. What is absolutely unbelievable is that anyone even supports any decision of Gauthier. I can understand not knocking him, but supporting him for these assinine moves? Unbelievable.

24. Storm Man says:

At best he can make 1.3 mil?

25. petrov14 says:

I dont have any links, but my first guess would be the trade of Chris Pronger.

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

26. TripleX says:

Some very well thought out analysis of the subject from Oiler’s fans.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

27. Storm Man says:

That is what I said also today as Yzerman picked up the god of thunder moore.

28. Bill J says:

Unfortunately the only information I have found.

It is a Performance Bonus.

I would dare say though, if after 40 games Eller has not hit 15-20 pts, he will be demoted to the AHL.

And will NOT hit his bonuses. In any way!

So if he does hit 20 pts at 40 games, IMO he is worth going forward for the full 82… and hope he can be consistent through those 82 games, and get 40+ pts.

Which IS an improvement on Moore.

Just saying.