Yeah, but they signed Alex Henry

On the day Dominic Moore signed with Habs South, aka the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Canadiens have announced the Hamilton Bulldogs captain has put his Alex Henry on a two-year contract.

Just be thankful the Bell Centre isn’t Citizens Bank Park.

And to get the weekend rolling, check out the gold standard in goal celebrations.

AKlucE-5nIM

1. crabvader says:

It has nothing to do with Moore going to the highest bidder, I mean, 90% if not more of NHLers go to the highest bidder.

Moore just has a knack to outprice himself from the get-go during contract talks. He’s known to ask for what GM’s think is too much.

2. RGM says:

I like Lars, but even his own bandmates will say that he’s not going to be drummer of the year anytime soon.

—————————————–
    Josh Gorges for Captain!

3. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Good point :)

And I really believe that Boyd and Eller will replace Moore and Metropolit fairly easily. I think we all knew, that it would be more than difficult for Metro to repeat his previous season’s success.

4. nightmare_49 says:

Very glad to see Alex Henry signed so he can continue to support our new prospects down in Hamilton. Besides being very well liked he shows the new guys the correct steps to follow in the pro ranks which is quiet different from junior or college.

5. crabvader says:

My bad.

Still, what are we supposed to do? Keep signing vets and let our youth linger in Hamilton?

6. Mike Boone says:

Like Moore is the only guy in the league who seeks the best offer. Get real, man!

In fairness, Moore is the first player that Yzerman took from Montreal and he was a UFA (Ellis never played a game for us so it’s a bit of a stretch to say he was a Hab).

I think that guys like Kubina, Gagne, Clark and Ellis are the major new additions to the team.  Yzerman is just being smart  right now and filling out his secondary players by cherry-picking  bottom end free agents such as Moore.  Columbus also went after Boucher so I doubt that he was ever going back to Hamilton.

So far Yzerman has done a decent job  although he did take a bit of a gamble with Connolly in the entry draft.

8. GrimJim says:

Two Habs prospects invited to the World Juniors Development Camp

9. crabvader says:

Oh and that celebration makes Chad Johnson’s (I refuse to call him Ochocinco) shenanigans after touchdowns look like good sportsmanship.

10. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

It’s actually 2.2 M for 2 years. It’s a 1.1 M cap hit.

11. crabvader says:

2.2 for Moore is too much.

I’m glad PG stayed away from that. Loved Moore’s work etiquette… but I mean COME ON!!! 2.2??

Eller will replace him in youth and cost. Hopefully he will replace him in hard work aswell.

12. slapshot777 says:

Everyone who thinks Yzerman will be a good GM, and for all those who think the Habs players and the organization has a whole is not that good. Well Yzerman is trying his darnest to strip down the Habs from both ends of the candle. If his beloved Red Wings were so hot why didn’t he take anyone from that organization.

So far Yzerman has tried to rebuild the Lightning thru the Habs organization. I mean there are 28 other teams in the league. He couldn’t find any players or management people from those teams. I find it rather low on Yzerman’s part to basically go stripping one teams depth chart. We must have had one hell of a management team to lose all of them.

As for Moore, this seems to be his style. He goes to the highest bidder. This will eventually catch up with him and he will find himself on the outside looking in.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

13. santeri says:

If it helps you as a fellow metal drummer I can tell you Ulrich was a very meriocre drummer even in his prime.

14. GrimJim says:

Nice find, trips

15. kempie says:

I just downloaded their entire catalog then erased it just to piss off that little twerp. Unfortunately, he’s an awesome drummer and that pisses me off even more.

16. showey47 says:

I liked moore. I had no problem giving up the 2nd rounder if we resigned him. Would have rather given him the money then keeping darche.

17. saskhabfan says:

Wow Wee,the bolts got a new coach, owners,a g.m.,capologist,a 3rd line center and an injury prone winger and that somehow is totally rebuilding their team with a clear balance and direction? Seriously? Didn’t we do most of that last year other then the capologist and injury prone winger? Why throw the leafs in there? They didn’t do anything other then turn the bruins into a cup contender and add a smurf(tm)in versteeg. You want to be depressed,talk to anyone following the leafs for the last 7 years.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

18. Mark C says:

Hard to know what the bonus are, however they only count on next years cap if the bonuses push the team’s final cap number over the limit of the prior year.

19. habs001 says:

despite the playoffs this team needs to rebuild…80% of the time we were outplayed…over 101 games this team in reality is a 500 team..the talent level needs to be upgraded to be a top 10 team in the nhl…goal to be realistic cup contenders for 2012-2013…

20. LA Loyalist says:

Yes, agree. Let’s not ruin him.

21. Storm Man says:

I understand the only flag you fly is the rainbow one. It’s all good you and your bud semi hope the both of you enjoy your weekend.

22. LA Loyalist says:

Why am I so depressed since our great playoff run?  Actually since we dumped Halak for a VERY questionable Price without at least getting a very serious player back.

How can Tampa Bay have rebuilt their team with a clear balance and direction in SIX FREAKIN’ WEEKS?

What’s the plan here? Tampa Bay and the Leafs will be be ahead of us in the standings by Christmas.

Discuss among yourselves.

P.S. Did I mention that Gomez was a Smurf(tm)

NoMez playoff record (what seven million dollars buys)

PTS 14
    G 2
    A 12
    +/- -6
  23. LA Loyalist says:

Price is ready because Gauthier is betting on him?

I don’t even know how to argue with that statement it is so nonsensical, and I don’t want to insult you, but there is no causation there. No cause and effect.

They are betting on Price because he’s untradeable, and they are so deep into betting on Price that they have to double down. It’s the only way to justify how they ruined him in the first place, bringing him up too young into the toughest job in the NHL. I’m not saying Price can’t pull it off, I’ll be thrilled, but he’s now got a very short window – if he hasn’t won the team over to him with great play by Xmas we are done and we’ll have wasted a #5 pick overall for NOTHING. It’s not his fault. It’s bad judgement by management.

Of course we can’t evaluate the team accurately, it’s all smoke and mirrors because they have no plan. If there is a plan I’d appreciate you explaining it to us poor slobs.

24. fun police says:

leblanc signs three year deal with habs, is leaving harvard and playing in the Q!  i think this is good for his development.

25. LA Loyalist says:

Ergo we have ONE top 3 center: Plex

We’re stuck with Gomez and an unknown.

Here’s Gomez’ playoff record in case you’ve forgotten:

PTS 14
    G 2
    A 12
    +/- -6

plus stupid offensive zone penalties at bad times

did I mention that he’s a Smurf with a boat-anchor contract? Eller will have to be Koivu, Kirk Muller and Mike Keane all in one to cover that hole.

Go ahead and defend NoMez. I need a laff tonight and the Leafs aren’t playing. :)

PK Subban has been practicing his shot and is already dumb founding the experts, dents everywhere.!

Unexplainable square-dent appears on ship

Fan Summit Updates

27. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I blame it on the departure of George Laraque.

28. LA Loyalist says:

Bill, with all respect, you are entirely missing the point.

Eller is an unknown. Period. He eats sandwiches with no tops, for pete’s sake. He eats those weird pastries with cream cheese in them.

Give us some Canadian boys that know their way around a Tim Horton’s and the pool rooms on St. Laurent (if there still are any).

Sheesh.