Wisniewski’s rights traded to Blue Jackets

Wisniewski

Canadiens fans hoping to see James Wisniewski stay with the club will be unhappy to learn that his rights have been traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets.

In return, the Canadiens get a seventh-round pick in 2012 and future considerations, the club announced in a release on Wednesday. Those future considerations means the pick becomes a fifth rounder if the defenceman signs with the Blue Jackets, Pat Hickey reports.

1. sally122 says:

I am a 28 years old doctor, mature and beautiful.and now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Andromeda2002 on–s’e'ek’c'ou’ga’r.c óm–.it is the first and best club for y’ounger women and old’er men, or older women and y’ounger men,to int’eract with each other. Maybe you wanna ch’eck ‘it out or tell your friends!
    If you’ve watched Stamkos, he is the real deal. Just as easy to say: What if Markov ends up like Souray, what if Subban ends up like Phaneuf, what if Price ends up like Jim Carey, what if Gomez ends up like Gomez? Hey, wait a second….

2. mrstewart61 says:

If they could get a 5th/7th rounder for Wiz, could they not have gotten AT LEAST the same for Pouliot?? If they got a 4th rounder for him, then they could package that with their own and move up to grab a 3rd rounder. The only logic I can see in that is if they plan on offering him a lower contract on July 1. Why throw away an asset? There have been so many moves like this in the past decade. I’d love to hear PG’s explanation.

———————————————————————————————————————-
    If a man speaks in a forest where no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?

• Doctor Device says:

The logic is that Pouliot is useless and unless there were 342nd round draft picks you would not get anything for him.

• sally122 says:

Yowza, imagine Nash and Carter being fed by Wiz… Is it just me or is Columbus the most improved team of the off-season?

• Tony McLean says:

That’s not logic LOL that’s just a personal bias against a young player who has disappointed. Who’s his coach?

Chara should never mess with our players again. Take him down.

• Mr. Biter says:

I agree with taking out Chara and Lucic,
          but until we sign someone who can do it it’s the same small team from last year minus Wiz and including a i hit away from retirement AM. Bad move. But I still want someone to punish the beaver(opps) Bruins. BTW the Bruins as per my cousin who I had to endure 5 nights of hearing about Bostons new dynasty were/ are waiting to get their claws on WIZ.

Mr. Biter

3. maiolola@comcast.net says:

There had better be some real good UFA signings because the Habs WILL NOT make the playofffs with the team they have now. As it stands right now, they are one of six teams that will be fighting for the last four playoff spots in the East and the other five will be better than last year.

L Train

4. zooziff says:

Wiz was a rental player, the team has more needs like a productive forward.

5. icky pop says:

And as for getting a seventh to fifth when we gave a second up for hi. Remember, we got games out of him for that fifth. Columbus is getting the right to speak to him.

6. icky pop says:

Hey josh, remember the “mistake we made keeping price instead of halak the “playoff hero”?

• Tony McLean says:

Price has never won a playoff series, in fact he just ended a three year losing streak at home and fizzled in the Bruins series leading 2-0 in games. Halak on the other hand is one for one when he was given the reins.

Chara should never mess with our players again. Take him down.

7. Kain292 says:

Losing Wiz for a 7th (perchance 5th) round pick is ridiculous, considering we gave away a 2nd round pick for him. Its like Gauthier wasn’t looking for any significant return whatsoever. I know his asking price was steep, but surely we could’ve gotten something better for him.

Being a Habs fan is a way of life, and a great one at that.

8. josh_14 says:

big mistake you made pierre gauthier

9. Duracell3 says:

Makes you wonder for whom are we are leaving this cap space open….

10. jon514 says:

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

• jon514 says:

Too bad they couldn’t package him with Gomez to bring back Vermette or Umberger… Doesn’t Columbus have too many Centers now?

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

11. Caper says:

Love the Wiz but not at north of $5mill as he is going to get it. PG is going to do some good work.

12. icky pop says:

So this means that I won’t be readÍng a¡out people screaming to overpay him to play on the third line anymore while complaining about other overpriced players on our squad? That’s a shame.

13. tippytoes says:

Hey HardHabits,
    Did you live in a cave during the 80′s??
    There were plently of books and magazines about hockey that showed junior leages, farm teams european hockey etc. I have hockey news top draft prospects mags, nhl almanac etc.

I don’t get you.

• HardHabits says:

No really.

C’mon man. Back then Don Cherry and Coach’s Corner was new.

I was partying.

And if I read it was either Nietzsche, Eastern Philosophy or an arrangement for guitar.

I went to games at the Old Forum and then out for beers. Only hockey nerds knew about draft picks or the farm team. Oh yeah I heard that Claude Lemieux was rumoured to be sent down after they won the Cup in ’86 but I was like, “Who cares?” Montreal was the only team that mattered.

• GrimJim says:

I know what you mean. I knew that the Habs had a farm team in Halifax but once a player was there it was like he had been kidnapped by aliens until Pollack or Grundman pulled him back.

• Kythehabsfan says:

aahhh – the Nova Scotia Voyageurs, or the ‘Vees’ as we called them here in Halifax. Those were the good old days. They were here until 84 till they went to Sherbrooke? Great clubs here for the baby habs back in the 70′s. Great memories watching them at the Halifax Forum!

• Tony McLean says:

Is there a “New Forum?” LOL

Chara should never mess with our players again. Take him down.