Wisniewski – The view from Long Island

Here are some perspectives about the newest member of the Canadiens, James Wisniewski, from those who have followed his play this season with the Islanders.

From Arthur Staple, Newsday – “Two things are clear from this deal: 1) Garth Snow is already in full
future-planning mode, and 2) James Wisniewski was not going to re-sign
with the Isles given the chance.”

From Chris Botta, Islanderspointblank.com – “Since he won’t be asked to be the man in Montreal, Wisniewski – unable to
shoulder the load when Mark Streit was sidelined with a serious
shoulder injury – should be okay for the Habs.”

From BD Gallof,
HockeyIndependent.com
– “James Wisniewski: point leader on the car
wreck on Long Island, yet also
with a booming -18 that gives the clear indicator that despite his use,
he is not meant for the top pairings. It means he was playing out of
his depth. He is and was not the 2nd coming of Aucoin…

“Isles got great
value here. Sorry to deflate some balloons here, but it
is nothing more than smart GMing. Get max value for a guy who did well
in a pinch, but still has severe and clear limitations and fit in the
longterm….Wiz will be a far better fit in Montreal, where he will be
used on the
powerplay and at the 4-5th man spot.”

Mike Hume, ESPN New York – “Defensive metrics are tricky to pin down and seldom tell an accurate
story, but Wisniewski’s +/- was a very suspect minus-18. Pretty
wretched. But considering he spent 70 more minutes on the ice than the
next closest Islander and his team allowed 3.3 goals per game, while
scoring just 2.3, that’s not as terrible as it could be. There are four
other skaters and a goalie out there with him after all. For his career,
Wisniewski’s +/- stands at plus-1, a figure that stood at plus-19
before he joined the Islanders.”

Dominik, Lighthouse Hockey – “Under two Islanders coaches this year, Wisniewski was seldom put out against top competition. Even still, his even strength play was
often…well ‘marked by curious decision-making’ is how I’d put it. It
may have been simply a matter of too much ice time hurting his game….That’s not to bash Wiz: He
obviously brings some things to the table, which is why many (including
me) were thrilled to get him from the discount bin a few months ago….Wiz is far from a Mark Streit — and that’s not his fault — but
his big shot was a PP threat that must somehow be replaced.”

John Panarese, Eyes On The Isles – “Personally, I think Wisniewski had a lot thrust upon him with the
injuries to Mark Streit and most of the other ‘veteran’ defensemen.  You
can only ask so much of a guy who is not accustom to, perhaps, having
to do it all.  Whether it is excuses or not, he demonstrated his moments
of brilliance out there, but in other instances, it was clear that the
load might have been too much for him.  The bottom line is he has a much
better situation for himself in Montreal, and the Islanders have lost a
veteran presence on the ice and in the locker room.  From my
perspective, I was really starting to like the guy and felt that things
would have gotten much better for him upon the return of Mark Streit.”

More from Arthur Staple, Newsday – “Now he has half a season plus the playoffs to make an impression in
Montreal, where the Canadiens are looking to fill the void left by the
absence of Andrei Markov.

“‘All
the history, the tradition up there, 18,000 screaming diehards every
night,’ Wisniewski said. ‘I just have to do what I can to help the team
I’m with. Now, that’s the Montreal Canadiens.’”

1. shiram says:

He is 26, its not like he is a dinosaur.

2. king ddd says:

gomez have been playing decent lately, plus gomez alone cannot win games just beacuse he makes 7 million doesnt mean he is crosby

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

3. Graves says:

Yeah…I think you missed my point completely.

4. danp says:

The Habs played two months as a team – all the guys worked together and celebrated together. They look more like individuals this month. Perhaps the acquisition of Wisniewski will help bring them back together. At the very least, it shows the team that Gauthier is willing and able to move players.

Dan

5. B says:

Won’t Wisniewski taking a younger players spot make the “aging, crumbling defense” even older?

6. king ddd says:

the problem with our team is we are too small, i dont what it is gonna take for the management to get this. we are not gonna win a cup with the team we have, sure we can upset the likes of washington, pitts and boston in the playoffs, because all we have to do to win against pitts and the caps is shut down their superstar, and boston is basically our b*tch come play off times, but there comes a time where we would have to face philly and the rest is history.

if i were the PG i would get two powerforwards, not necessairly a top 6 but a big bruiser who can score( at least 20-25 per season) who goes to the net and doesnt get intimitated. imo i think AK and pouliot can be trade baits, i mean i dont thinik we are gonna get any more from ak than what we have gotten so far. if we can get some one like clowe to play with plex and cammy and if can get another 3rd line player ala chris  niel , you would have 1 big/tough forward on each line( max pac has work to do but i wouldnt touch that line)

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

7. SmartDog says:

Gomez is also leading in plus-minus.  By leading I mean on the wrong end.  Even if I didn’t like Gomez before (and you do) he’s really stinking this year.  Nothing he does seems to work, the puck rarely goes in the net and often goes back the other way for a rush.

——-

8. joeybarrie says:

Are you drunk? On drugs? I mean this can’t simply be your common sense???

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. OneTimer says:

Sorry I disagree, I think our free-fall lately is due mostly to our aging, crumbling defense. Hope this guy’ll help.

10. Shiloh says:

See my first reaction below – but I also want to address the “Jaro-whining” that you “had to endure”. Poor baby! It must have been so hard on you. I hope you’re over it. The “Jaro-whining” was a lot easier to take for a few weeks than five years of unabashed Carey-love – no matter how he plays.

11. SmartDog says:

LOL

Thannks. You’re decent for a cat.

——-

12. keepthefaith says:

Please pretty please dont go. As for last night, you were the only calling people stupid and telling them to go watch Star Trek when your argument about +/- was shot down. If you cant take a little razzing dont try give it out.

13. Shiloh says:

Such a pompous tone! The acquisition of Gomer was a horrific deal for the Habs. Whether it’s first or fifth-worse is of little comfort – it will hamstring the franchise for half a decade.

14. SeriousFan09 says:

PK was pretty good with Hamrlik in the playoffs and Hamrlik has mentored young defencemen before, he can’t quite do it like Markov would be able to do but he’s probably the best option, the Habs need to go to defence by committee this season to give their 35+ players a rest. I’d go with these pairings to see if they’d work out.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

15. SmartDog says:

Name-calling should just be – boom – your post is gone.   But I don’t know why so many people feel the need to say “you’re a jerk” because you’ve said something they don’t agree with.

——-

16. SmartDog says:

Thanks.  Sanity and civility are getting rarer on here.

They should police it more – I think they need a bigger team of reviewers with clearer guidelines about what they can delete.  I’ve posted things when I’m really frustrated and been surprised they didn’t get deleted.

You’re right about not being senstive. A couple of kids (or jerks) sitting at the keyboard firing shots at people means nothing. It does get frustrating though – like being in a bar full of yahoos when you’re trying to actually talk about something.

——-

17. The Cat says:

As a cat its hard for me to say this but dont leave Dog. Eventhough I still cant quite yet forgive you for this…

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Not even close to the worst trade in team history. This is exactly like the Jaro whining we had to suffer through all summer, the three worst trades in team history will remain Patrick Roy for spare parts, Chris Chelios for a worn-down Savard and Leclair + Desjardins for Recchi. I know Recchi was good, but Habs gave up 2-for-1, giving Philly the final piece of the Legion of Doom and a defencemen they couldn’t afford to drop.

You want to sound like the expert with all the answers, don’t drag out garbage like that.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

19. B says:

Lofty? That sounds a bit funny coming from someone who refers to himself as the Everlasting one :)

20. shiram says:

Gomez will not be sent down, not gonna happen, wether we want it or not, I personally dont want it. Boyd got 1 goal in 10 games, averaging about 8 minutes a game, while being a -6. You can like the guy all you want but he isnt second line material.

Also about worst trade, are you forgetting #33?

21. Everlasting1 says:

Gomez stayz. He’s getting paid big bucks to play and should work to earn it. Win or lose. JM needs to gnash his teeth on him and try to elevate his game.

22. The Cat says:

It bugs me how some people call others trolls. Some of these people get passed for good people because of their unquestionable loyalty but some of them are genuine a-holes.

23. kempie says:

Please let these pairings happen.

24. scrowe21 says:

Guess that shows how big of a difference there is between the AHL and NHL because Boyd was terrible. Looked like he had cinder blocks for skates, and always out of position, especially in the d zone.

25. The Cat says:

Ive defended Gomez a lot, I like the way he carries the puck and I shudder to think what the habs offense would be like if he werent there. But that lines got to get some result. Gomez and Gionta both have to get it going.

26. munch17 says:

I relly hope they play Wiz on the right – he’s a right-handed shot and put Spacek back on the left – where he blongs.

PK – Hammer

Wiz – Spacek

Gorges – Gill

27. Bill says:

hard to know if the decline in conversation here is about age, because we don’t know old everyone is. I think it’s probably more due to the ever-increasin popularity of the site. More posters in general = more rude idiots, of all ages probably. I remember getting insulted and told off and hearing “you know nothing about The Game of Hockey” back in the old days, it’s worth noting.

A few good posters have left for just the reason you cite. I assume they are really sensitive people who actually care what some fools say. I don’t care myself, easy to ignore.

28. Everlasting1 says:

Perhaps, but he’s in Mtl now and Wiz sounds um.. too lofty, a superstar’s nickname. Iski it is then :-)

29. ManApart says:

Someone may have already brought it up, but Dustin Boyd has 9 goals in 6 games in Hamilton. Let’s have him center the second line and in Montreal and send Gomez down. Speaking of Gomey, he’s leading the team with a -7. Can you believe there are still 3 more years with this guy at a cap hit of 7.3 million? By the end of this, it may go down as the worst trade in Habs history.

30. mrhabby says:

he is a addition that the team needs period…..toughness, nasty streak, good shot from the point. playing on long island would make you pissed to….

31. Everlasting1 says:

I am a man of modest means..with only 2.

32. Everlasting1 says:

Ya beat me to it lol

33. B says:

He has had the nickname Wiz for a long time, it was not invented here. He has a non-profit clothing line called
    WIZ Wear to help support his WIZ Foundation. You can get your own
    WIZ Hat
    there.

34. Everlasting1 says:

Some might prefer Wiski :-P

35. Guy-Guy-Guy says:

Any guess at the new D pairing? Hammer-Spacek / Gill-PK / Picard-Wiz ?

36. SmartDog says:

Collectively these are pretty balanced I think.  They state his obvious positives, a few cautionary negatives, and an acknowlegemt that the negatives mostly come from not being up to the burden of carrying the Isles on D – a tough feat on a weak team with a lot of injuries.

his even strength play was
    often…well ‘marked by curious decision-making’ is how I’d put it. It
    may have been simply a matter of too much ice time hurting his
    game….That’s not to bash Wiz: He
    obviously brings some things to the table, which is why many (including
    me) were thrilled to get him from the discount bin a few months
    ago….Wiz is far from a Mark Streit — and that’s not his fault — but
    his big shot was a PP threat that must somehow be replaced.

And this (a fuller view) is what I was getting at last night when I was asking why he seems to have been traded a lot.

Serisously, the way a couple of people jumped on me makes me want to leave HIO.  This place is getting suckier and suckier.  I may be wrong but I think it’s because it’s getting younger and younger.

All in all I like the trade – especialy for the toughness which we need and the booming shot (also needed).  Wiz seems like the right kind of addition, even if he’s not “the 2nd coming of Mark Streit”. LOL

——-

37. The Cat says:

How about a compromise and lets call him Whiskey?

38. Everlasting1 says:

Ribeiro comes to mind.

39. ManApart says:

Gainey will always have his Rivet trade lol! Doesn’t really make up for Ribeiro,Gomez and Tanguay though

40. ManApart says:

I still don’t get it, but Gainey’s policy to not talk contract until the end of the season was not smart in the least. All it did, was give the players the levarage of free agency.

41. habitual says:

… not so fast.  Here is an additional quote from Islanderspointblank:  … good value for Garth Snow considering a lot of people were beating The Wiz.

Not exactly high praise.  This guy is ours now for the season, but he isn’t going to stop the free fall.

42. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Wow, and my wife thinks 8 is too many.

Point well taken.  They also could have signed him for less than he got in New York.

I’ve been reading Keith Richards’ new autobiography.   How many guitars do you think he owns?

If you guessed ‘somewhere around 3,000′ you’d be absolutely right, though the legendary axe man admits he only ever plays a couple dozen of them.

3000 guitars sure is a lot.  That’s almost as many bottles of scotch that Mike Boone has hidden in his basement stash.  Could be a beast of a hangover if things don’t go well for the Habs down in Florida later this week.

45. Graves says:

Here’s one more way to put this trade in perspective: back in the day, Craig Rivet was traded for a first-rounder (Max Pacioretty) and Josh Gorges. For a fifth-rounder and a compensatory second, I think the Canadiens made out like bandits.

46. Everlasting1 says:

Wiz is the best the commentariat can come up with? How about Iski? lol

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

47. ManApart says:

The loss of Streit is still being felt to this day. Management has gone after patch job after patch job and still haven’t replaced him. One of the worst decisions (and there have been many), in the Gainey-Gauthier era.

48. db says:

I wonder what its like being welcomed into a slumping room.  Are the guys still joking around?

49. LA Loyalist says:

then what was the genius plan? A team of smurfs who don’t scare anyone?

There are 2 reasons we got to the ECF. Cammy and a guy named Halak. That was 90% of it.

Explain to me (and no one has, in the year + that i’ve been asking) the conceptual structure of this team. You can’t because there isn’t one.

it’s like that car in the Johnny Cash song, “I got a 56, 57, 58… automobile. I built her one part at a time…”

There was no plan, and Wiz is the first sign of a plan that we’ve seen that makes any freaking sense.

We’re what? 2 and 8 in our last 10? Wake up and smell the road apples. Not good enough, not anywhere close to good enough.

Personally I think Wiesnewski will not make any difference in Mtl. Habs have 2 problems – weak tiny tikes forwards and the coach. D, as suspect as they are, can be quite effective with better support from forwards and some other The System.

51. LA Loyalist says:

Hindsight is of course 20/20, but what Gainey should have done, if the market wasn’t there for what we needed, is stock-piled draft picks and waited and then Sam-Pollack’d other GMs in trouble. Gainey had all the brains and experience to do that.

And he could have said to us impatient fans: We want the 25th cup: I’m not doing a patch job, I’m going to re-build this team (and the underlying system) properly and balanced – I’m going to balance size, scoring, offense, defense and dollars. I’m going to practice risk management and not put us in a situation where 1 player can hang us up. I want 5 or 6 20 goal scorers, I want guys who show up every night and who are willing to bleed as much as is necessary to win a Stanley Cup.

There was a window when Gainey had the credibility and personal capital and we would all have said “Yes, Sir!” myself included.

What happened instead was a combination of people letting him down, his own bad judgements, some bad luck (Markov’s terrible injury history)… his own personal distractions, maybe the 100th anniversary thing made him feel we had to move faster… maybe there is stuff we don’t even know about the Koivu/Kovalev team that alternated brilliance and train wreck and made us all insane.

But the solution was not the 3 smurfs, of whom only Cammy is great. Gomez we all know about and Gionta has disappeared.

I really hope Gainey writes a book one day and explains all this because my head hurts when we suck like this.

52. Gorges_the_great says:

Off topic but I have to vent. Shelley gets 2 games for his sucker punch last night but Lucic gets nothing for his? The two incidents were so similar it was uncanny. On top of that, Lucic punched someone from behind a la Bertuzzi in the same (fortunately not as hard at Bertuzzi). And the Bruins’ reporters think the Habs are dirty?

53. Hockey Socks says:

Niclas Bergfors is on the trade block – I really think the Habs should make a push for this guy. He’ll be an improvement over AK46. Kristo and a draft pick?

54. HabFanSince72 says:

It’s not the end of the world.

We’re slumping ’cause all our players are having trouble.

It’ll turn around.

55. StevieRay says:

he was gliding for 30 yards ….

56. Hobie Hansen says:

It’s very surprising that nobody has ripped apart the long Island or New York media like they do every time the Canadian media comments on something?

Maybe we should start importing journalists from Long Island to work for our newspapers and TV stations?

57. LA Loyalist says:

There was a big expose on Ducks fan site that Selanne is a terrible bowler. Koivu probably didn’t know that, just like Gainey didn’t now about baking bread… ok, where am I going with this?

58. JD_ says:

Effin’ BJ Wizzy.

The deal between PG and GS was done but couldn’t be consummated because of the holiday roster freeze.

So, BJ’s goal on Sunday was effectively an own-goal.

At least OB was good enough about it to wait a good number of games before scorin’ his and he certainly didn’t freakin’ celebrate it.

BJ is a complete a-hole. I hate the guy already. Should be demoted to Hamilton.

In other news, Garth wuz robbed.

59. LA Loyalist says:

Yeah it would be painful to eat that money. But I think it would enable the team mentally and conceptually to move forward to a more balanced model of skill and size and talent distribution.

This is only an example, but a situation where you have a good finisher like Kessel, and a big guy to dig out the puck, and just need a Gomez to distribute it, that might be where Gomez could be successful.

The deal I would do personally, right now, if I were king? Gionta, Gomez and anyone else they wanted back to Jersey except for Price, Plex, PK  and Gorges for Kovalchuk. He is an utter stud, I’ve seen him play live and on a skating team like habs oh my god. New Jersey just have no freaking clue what to do with him and it’s sad, sad, sad – though Lemaire is a thousand times smarter than Maclean and I think he will figure it out.

I honestly don’t know if Gomez is not trying/caring, trying too hard, if we’ve not put the right guys with him, if he’s just done… it’s just inarguable that right here, right now, it’s bad and limiting our options.

If he cost $3/$4 m, and dedicated himself to being the modern day Carbo/Gainey/Mike Keane in our end, then amen, I would be fine with the guy. But $8 million bucks in the cap era for a guy who’s neither fish nor fowl (insert joke here) I just bang my head on the floor.

As other guys have posted, we could have been sitting here with Plex, Koivu, Domenic Moore, Halpern down the middle and money for a big winger. We’d have balanced scoring and puck distribution and character guys who are good in both ends of the rink. But we are stuck, stuck, stuck…

The only cheerful thing right now is that with the Wiz deal it looks like PG is recognizing the re-balancing that needs to be done, just like in a portfolio. He has from now until the trade deadline to re-shape us into a playoff-style team.

60. Exit716 says:

You should just think Gomez is wearing Yvon Lambert’s jersey instead.

61. larisalapointe says:

Well LA Man at least you tried and didn’t skip out like The Rebel Without a Clue, er, Cause.

Where is your detailed spreadsheet in respect to Cap considerations for the next 1-5 years? Being GM is all about the details and boring finances as well. You would need to supply names and salaries, and make sure they all fit, provided you even could get these guys. You would also have to supply a scouting report. What is your plan B?  C?  D?, etc..

Wiz had me at his Mr. Freezie gesture to Sean Avery

62. smiler2729 says:

If me and a bunch of other nerds were having a party, nobody’d want to come BUT if we got Pamela Anderson to come, then probably a couple of her hot friends would come too.

The Habs are the nerds, Gomez was Pam and Gio & Cammy are the hot friends… I like Pam and all but I’d have preferred Diane Lane.

63. Shiloh says:

You’ve got to be Nahlsy – no one else is that obnoxious.

64. spos080808 says:

LOL

Post of the year.

Why is this person not a GM.

LOL

65. LA Loyalist says:

1. Announce that we’re NOT winning The Stanley Cup in June, or May, for that matter.

2. Fire Martin, replace him with Captain Kirk. He can name his own assistants with the proviso that we have to have a defence coach and a special teams coach.

2. Sit Gomez’s ass on the bench for the rest of his contract until he begs to go to Switzerland or the KHL.

3. Trade whomever we can trade at the deadline for draft picks except Price, PK, Gorges and Plex (leaving Markov out of the picture as he’s injured. Re-sign Wiz if he looks good over the next few months.

4. Rebuild the team allowing for future assets to come in gradually (Tinardi for example, make sure we have a Vet in front of him with a year or two left in the tank so he’s not carrying all the water). If we really like a small player (like Desharnais for eg) we go out and make sure we have a big nasty winger to watch his back).

We build from the goal out, strong D, a team that skates hard every night, focuses on the quick transition game and ideally has 5 or 6 20 goal scorers and a killer power play and PK. Most important is competitive spirit and character. Guys that HATE TO LOSE – even in Long Island in front of 1,200 people. Pride.

It will not be easy because our cupboard is pretty bare.

Go ahead and discuss.

66. spos080808 says:

HAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Thanks for the laugh.

I prove you wrong and that is what you say. HAHAHAHAHA.

So sad.

I love making you Habs haters look like absolute morons.

The reason why I said find a list of top free agents who sign here, is because they DO NOT!

Owned like usual Tony.

67. spos080808 says:

How dare Gainey make us the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference.

And after that 2nd round loss, how dare Gainey bring back the entire team and add a top 6 forward and the muscle that everyone said the team needed.

What the hell was Gainey doing. My God, hes awful. Adding players to a team that just was the #1 seed.

My God, fire him, hang him, kill him. Death to Gainey. Death to Gainey.

68. ctony says:

do your own reasearch, i have a life, don’t work for you and don’t owe you anything – let alone an apology for your conjectures. happy new year, “buddy”

69. spos080808 says:

Neither player was going to get that kind of money? Really?

You do know the LEafs were offering Cammalleri a big deal right?

You do know the Habs offered Briere, Ryan Smyth, Shanahan big deals before but they all said no? Why did they say no if it was more money longer years.

You do not think Gionta, was going to get 5/5.5 from a team? Really?

Give me a break but you argument is so awful, it actually made me laugh.

I asked someone else, give me a list of the better free agents, the Gionta’s/Cammalleri’s who have signed with Montreal as a free agent (not resigned) in the last, say 15 years. Go give me that list and you will come back, crawling on all 4s, apologizing, bc the facts will be right in front of your face, that players of the upper skill level do not sign here plain and simple.

Oh wait, but two did in the offseason. Oh and Scotty was just traded here. Interesting.

BUt you are right, it was because the Habs offered insane contracts to them. Uh huh.

70. LA Loyalist says:

I practically cried when we got Gainey. Finally, we are going to get out of amateur hour.

So to acknowledge this train wreck is not an easy thing for many of us. And Gainey is still a hero for what he did over many years with the Habs and his personal courage facing tragedy.

But his restructuring of the team was ill-conceived, hasty and unbalanced. We are too small and too soft, we are too dependent on two or three star players – Price, Markov and Cam-Cam – and look what happens when one of them goes down.

As for Koivu not accomplishing anything while he was here… I’m not even going to respond to that comment as it is not worthy of a response.

71. J_P says:

THe year koivu would have taken us far (because what did we have? Theodore playing like Patty Roy! Just like last year we halak playing like Patty Roy) he almost had his eye ripped out by that high stick artist Justin Williams.

Habs only go far if they have ridiculous goaltending! Even Carey is starting to get fed up that this team cant win him a hockey game that he doesnt dominate.

72. spos080808 says:

By the way, if the Habs did not sign Gio/Cammalleri who the hell would they have been able to sign?

Resign Kovalev? Yah fantastic.

Think please before you write.

73. spos080808 says:

Are you kidding me right now?

Year one of having Gio/Cammalleri = ECF.

How about you wait and see how their contracts play out. Jesus Christ.

Some of you negative nelly’s are so frickin annoying. Just talking out of your arses.

74. spos080808 says:

Give me a list of high level free agents that have signed in Montreal under their own free will over the last, say 15 years.

Once you give me that list, you will come back, and apologize saying, Scotty had no affect on Gionta/Cammalleri signing here.

Yah bc the Shanahan’s, Briere’s sure took those best deals offered.

But really, give me the list.

75. LA Loyalist says:

yeah Smart Dog – you’re right on: we could have had Plex, Koivu, Moore/Halpern down the middle, now the Wiz, and money for a Wiz type winger, and a decent back up goalie.

5 years ago you could have put a gun to my head and I would never have thought that Bob Gainey would panic — but he did, and his short-sightedness is costing us dearly.

And worse, we’re going to float around .500 all year, not bad enough to get a stud draft pick, not good enough to be worthy of the jersey.

And just for the record I’m still freaking furious about Gomez asking for Koivu’s jersey. He doesn’t deserve a Habs jersey let along Koivu’s.

76. Hobie Hansen says:

Backes is a perfect example!

77. Everlasting1 says:

He does it all. A two-way player doesn’t even begin..he’s always in front of the net and is hard to move.

78. king ddd says:

id do ak for backes in a jiffy

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

79. king ddd says:

id also give pouliot, webber and maxwell for clowe and a late pick

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

80. oshawahabsfan says:

You lost some credibility there when you mentioned Shane “I’m high on crack” Corson. Good examples otherwise :)

81. Hobie Hansen says:

I love all the recent talk on this site about adding size
    and scoring punch up front. I’ve been blasting away about that topic on this
    site for many years and usually get heckled by the same group of guys for being
    a goon lover or a supporter of Brian Burke’s style of truculence.

Every serious playoff team benefits tremendously from having
    a power forward, who can hammer a puck, hammer his opponents and crash the net.
    Montreal has zero. As well, a good team needs one or two guys on the bottom two
    lines that paste people in to the boards and can chip in on offence when push
    comes to shove. Montreal may have Lapierre but he’s a coward and he’s often an embarrassment
    to the club.

Whatever happened to the Mike Keane, Shayne Corson, Kirk
    Muller or even Vincent Damphousse type players that used to do that for this club?
    The guys who weren’t afraid to battle in front of the opposing team’s net all
    night long. Yes I know they retired but 90% of clubs out there today employ similar
    type players and the Habs have zero!

Those types of guys are the guys who stir the drink and
    maybe when the tic-tac-toe passing plays aren’t working beautifully, can deflect
    a point shot or plough a goalie into the net.

If the Oilers are seriously rumoured to be shopping Penner,
    make a deal for him, include Stortini to play on the 4th line and
    all of a sudden we have ourselves a team. Nothing is foolproof in sports but that
    looks like a decent blueprint to me. Add those two players to the mix along
    with Subban, Moen and Wizniewski and we have some jam and attitude.

82. Everlasting1 says:

Exactly. The Habs need a David Backes. A quintessential jammer/scorer.

83. andrewberkshire says:

Anyone else find it humourous that beat writers from other cities always think the Bell Centre has 18000 seats. 21272 guys, write it down.

84. Everlasting1 says:

I heard it’s 21,273 lol

85. Exit716 says:

Tell the NHL the Habs only have 18000. That way Molson can pocket the extra money for the team instead of wasting it on revenue sharing.

86. ctony says:

i feel [imho] it’s better to add assets when you don’t need them. the isle fired gordon in the midst of a prolonged slump.  i believe they would have moved wiz and others at the time.  so make the moved when markov was placed on ltir if we couldn’t accommodate the cap hit.

my original point is getting him now adds undue pressure and sets unrealistic expectations for a 4,5, 6 D-man.

87. spos080808 says:

I already told you, Markov was not put on the IR until a few weeks after his injury. Scott Gordon was fired 2 days after Markov was hurt.

You seriously need to do some research before speaking CTony. You are looking a little foolish.

With Markov NOT PLACED ON IR the Habs did not have all the money to spend on Wiz. It is that simple. Once Markov was placed on long term IR, again a few weeks after his injury, that is when the Habs started looking.

It was said the Habs were talking to numerous teams so they were looking while Weber/Picard filled in. This losing stretch came out of nowhere, so I am sure that made the Habs move a little quicker. However, the holiday no trade freeze put a little damper into things.

The Habs did everything right in this situation. I know the haters do not like hearing that.

But based on when Markov was put on LTIR, and how the losing streak came out of nowhere, and the no trade freeze, the Habs nailed this one on the head.

88. LA Loyalist says:

this losing streak was inevitable once Markov was long-term injured. The exact date is irrelevant. That said, even I didn’t think we would be this pathetic.

I am thrilled with Wiz and I wish we’d added him last March spank you very much.

89. ctony says:

I said they should have made the deal 6-8 weeks ago – when we lost Markov.  Just an opinion buddy.

90. spos080808 says:

And when they lost Markov the team was still playing well. The team obviosuly wanted to see if Weber/Picard could fill in suitably. And you do realize that Markov was not put on long term IR immediately right. They actually waited about 2 weeks! So that money was not avauilable at the time. Jesus buddy.

And as for the Isles. It was the middle of November when Markov went down. 2 days later, Scott Gordon is fired. Do you really think Garth Snow was going to trade their top Dman for a 2nd/5th immediately after hiring a new coach in the middle of that losing streak? No way. Come on man, think.

91. punkster says:

Well played.

***Subbang!!!***

92. LA Loyalist says:

Well, lucky Wiz didn’t go to Atlanta to play forward, they would have had the “Wiz/Buf/___ (fill in great ending) line.

93. allantats says:

Hi all,

New topic here, but I will be attending (from Laff Land) the Jan. 15th game vs. The Rangers.

I’m looking for a decent restaurant in the area. Somewhere I can take my wife for a decent pre game meal.

We’re vegetarians, but it certainly doesn’t have to be a veggie resto. PG must eat somewhere, no?

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Can’t take LeCage anymore. lol

94. geo_habsgo says:

Hey maybe check this place out its called Il Focolaio in Philip’s Square.

Amazing pizza, great service and decent ambience. I always enjoy my meals there. Only a short walk to the Bell Centre and an even shorter Car ride. Hope this helps!

you should email Laraque… he’d know.

96. HabFanSince72 says:

Near the Bell Ctr I would suggest Taverne Dominion or Ferreira. L’Assomoir in Old Montreal also very nice, a bit further away.

If you do spicy, Cuisine Sechuan on Guy is awesome and very authentic.

I’ve heard the buffet at Chez Parée is pretty good too.

97. avatar_58 says:

Man….anything else on? It’s almost sad to watch Canada steamroll these poor guys.

What’s the score now?

Khe… Norway actually scored. Olivier Roy – his father he is not.

100. Deano says:

This painful to watch … and Team Canada is starting to exhibit some bad habits against a team that should not be playing in a tournament like this.  Too lnog shifts and a few guys trying to pad stats.

Enough filling the net (although this is the coach’s fault).  In a 3 point scoring system there is no reason to run up the score.

101. habsfansince91 says:

6-1 Second period just started

102. habsfansince91 says:

it’s visentin in goal not roy.

103. canada4l says:

I don’t know who his father is,  I don’t think his father ever played hockey in the NHL.

104. nick says:

Your thinking Jonathan Roy. That was Patrick Roy’s son, not Olivier Roy. Unless that is i have some names mixed up.

105. joeybarrie says:

You don’t have anything mixed up. Olivier Roy is not related to Patrick Roy.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

Oh right… anyway… he is not any good. And he is not in nets anyway, as I can see. :)

107. Aerobiz says:

I’ve met Shayne Corson is a stand up guy. I met him when I was working at a video store. I was in school at the time taking a media course and I had an assignment to interview someone who I didn’t know on a personal level. Shayne came in to the store that night, we had gotten aquainted over film suggestions so I asked him if I could interview him for my class project. His response was “Sure, you’ve got my number in the computer, just give me a call.” Long story short my assignment was late because he was injured, then out of town and then playing at the Olympics. He sent his Mom to the video store with a note for me to give to my teacher explaining why I was late handing in the work. He then called me at work on Easter Sunday and said to come on over and we could do the interview. He gave me an awesoem 45 mins and was a very generous interview.

So yeah, in my books Shayne is a pretty stand up guy.

108. ProHabs says:

That story is Awesome. And I don’t care whether Corson was a stand up guy or not, I would take a player that played his style on my team any day of the week.

109. punkster says:

Hey, maybe we should trade for Kadri? Obviously Wilson doesn’t know how to handle talented young rookies.

Just sayin’.

***Subbang!!!***

110. Bill says:

Trade Subban for Kadri. Each will sink like stones under repressive coaching regimes. Both will be traded to Minnesota to blossom into superstars. Kreskin out.

Full Breezer 4 Life

no trade will make any sense until Habs sign MAB.

112. MathMan says:

Olivier used his statistical skills on Wisnievski: http://enattendantlesnordiques.blogspot.com/2010/12/wisniewski.html

To sum up: He played top pairing opposition at even strength, got mostly defensive assignments, did better than any Isle with it.

His -18 rating is largely the result of weak goaltending behind him, and bad luck of being on the ice when it goofed up — .883 to be exact. A fantastic way for his value to drop so a shrewd Gauthier could fleece a, shall we say, less able GM, but it is not representative of his actual ability.

Great pick-up by Gauthier, and at 26, he could be an interesting addition if he re-signs.

7–1,

Not much of a game, ho hum!!

Down in Florida,

I wonder if PK has picked up O’Byrns purse while on the beach today.

Hope all the boys get a lot of sun while in Florida. They need all the vitamin C they can get. Its good for winning  face offs.!

His career ending injury, he walks around with.!!

115. PrimeTime says:

If anyone doesn’t think that every team, and i mean every team, doesn’t have issues is delusional. After a loss or worse during a losing streak, these issues are magnified. Many who are posting now about all the changes that need to be made to the Habs were not so mysteriously missing from here when the Habs were winning. Take all posts for what they are worth…..nothing but individual opinion based upon their own perceptions and nothing factual (something like Pierre McGuire). Blogs are made for b*tching. This site is no different but sure makes for some entertaining reading sometimes. But anyone who takes it seriously needs a wake-up call as much as the armchair coaches and gm’s who preach their personal disatisfactions.

116. Bugs says:

I’m for it. Always said we should privilege those who had grown up seeing the light. Montrealer, Lebanese or Martian; it don’t matter.

(But of course, not to change my tune, à talent égal, if you got a French Martian and a regular one, please privilege the French Martian.)

Unquestionably unquestionable, I think I’m

L. Bugs Potter, esq., Herzog of ze Abominable Habsuchtig Brigade, Markgraf of ze Fearsome Flanell Flausen Flank, und devoted minion of ze Habsbros Order: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

117. HabFanSince72 says:

C’est un vol pur et simple. Gauthier n’a pas juste fait les poches de
    Snow, il a baisé sa femme, sa fille, son fils, sa mère et son père. Il
    est parti avec son char, l’a vendu pour se payer des putes et de la coke
    et a payé son billet de retour avec la Mastercard de l’autre.

Beautiful!

118. Bugs says:

To prove this, Primer now intends to detail the “issues” Detroit City has.

Floor is yours, Primer.

119. Everlasting1 says:

Isn’t that vitamin D?

120. PrimeTime says:

Ask a Detriot fan…I’m sure you’ll get some answers of what should be done to make their team better….maybe the 100 + goals against??? You don’t think that worries them?? or are they just smarter than Hab fans??

EVERY TEAM as issues and room for improvement.

Your correct, unless they have a glass of orange juice in their hand.!!

122. habs365 says:

would martin have fun with Kadri

123. SensFanSpezza says:

Detroit City has issues alright.  Big issues.  Issues like getting bored of winning.  And like being all old and stuff.  Major, major issues.

124. Everlasting1 says:

The suburbs are dreadful..crime rampant.

125. kevin m says:

Now I’d like to see PG go get Derek Dorsett for the 3rd or 4th line & Ryane Clowe for the 1st line…DO IT!!!!!!

126. krob1000 says:

Let’s all visit OZ temporarily…if the Wiz turns out to be all powerful and he could give one player a heart, one player a brain and one player courage…who would you have him give these great gifts to?….and which player do you think wishes they had ruby slippers and could just go home? if you could have a house land one Habs related person who would it be? who would represent the lollipop guild?

127. Bugs says:

But…YOU said, Primer. YOU said “every team has issues”. No need to ask Detrit City fans; just need you. If I ask a Detroit City fan what their issues are and he or she says “Issues? We don’t GOT no issues. We’re kickin all sorts of azz.”, what will YOU say to that…delusion?

What will you say, Primer, to address that misconception from that delusional Detroit City fan?

128. Bugs says:

Nice!

If they expect to win a Cup over there; plant some trees in the suburbs, ferpetessakes!

129. larisalapointe says:

Bad boy 72  but LOL

Wiz had me at his Mr. Freezie gesture to Sean Avery

130. habs365 says:

Here’s something that’ll depress ya about the Habs..Sidney Crosby has one goal less than the Habs first line..Cammy Pleks AK46

131. Bugs says:

Man, I would HATE it over there, y’all…what with the winnin and the winnin; so friggin repetitve…

132. Bugs says:

Consider that he only learned to score at that pace after the schooling he received from us.

Crosby wouldn’t be HALF the player he is without help from the Glorious Montreal Canadiens, Yearly; never forget that, mate.

133. Bugs says:

Glad we have our issues and not theirs, all I’m gonna say. We need drama, dang it; not the same song and dance every day.

134. PrimeTime says:

If you read the post accurately, or as intended, every “fan” has issues with their team after a loss or during losing streak. Sorry if not clearly stated.

135. Deano says:

What is the number 1 PP unit doing out there at the end of the 3rd period in a blow out.  Cameron … wake up!

136. Everlasting1 says:

They get weeds growing waist high from the cracks in the concrete sidewalks.

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

137. OneTimer says:

That’s awesome.

138. Bugs says:

Maybe we should see Jimmy play a game or two afore appealin to the Vatican for Gauthier’s beatification?

139. Bugs says:

You CLEARLY state that every team has issues in your first sentence WITHOUT mention of the fans.

However…

Since the overall post CAN be conceived in the manner you propose, I will accept your defence.

Nice save, Primer.

140. avatar_58 says:

Aww, kinda hoped Schenn would get it

141. krob1000 says:

Crosby streak is dead…..interesting fact about his 25 game streak…..he got 50 points over that stretch…over that same 25 game stretch the Habs scored 65 goals……

142. Bugs says:

I’ma say it again: the goal-differential rule in international hockey is a friggin farce.

143. SensFanSpezza says:

Yeah, imagine being a fan there.  Just win, win, win all the time.  Yawn.  It’s so much more fun being a Habs fan, with the unexpected success and the hair pulling losing streaks.  That’s exciting shit, man.

144. Bugs says:

Meh…he’s an ok player…

I guess.

145. habs365 says:

whatever you’re smoking, you should give it up..I think you’re brain is history

146. Deano says:

I hope that kind of play does not carry over to Sweden.  Terrible game.  Coaching staff has a lot of work to do.

147. avatar_58 says:

Haha how did Schenn NOT get the award for best player?

148. Bugs says:

Anyone can tell me how our boy Louie did?

149. avatar_58 says:

Agreed, but really – you come here to win. If you can’t keep the goals against respectable you need to fix your coaching. No matter what the teams shouldn’t step off the gas pedal.

150. Bugs says:

I say that because: so what if you don’t score as many goals as Russia/USA/whoever? You’re still gonna meet them in the final.

The talent dropoff is still too great (but thankfully, receding) for the goal differential rule to make any sense at the moment.

151. SmartDog says:

Hey Spezza, I think your haiku got deleted.  One bad word and the pull the plug!  Go figure.

But I like your inspiration:

MY HABS HAIKU FOR TODAY:

Habs are sinking like

Freaking stones in a deep lake

Gauthier takes a Wiz

——-

152. krob1000 says:

lost a ton of respect for him…..the Isles? I mean c’mon last night he gets like 4 points….and what? nothing tonight..against the Islanders…..Pittsburgh should have taken Bobby Ryan or Jack Johnson with that pick…they would have got a point against the Islanders…Chris Conner did.

153. smiler2729 says:

I doubt Doug Wilson will ever deal with the Habs again after Gainey fleeced him for Gorges & Pacioretty.

154. OneTimer says:

My reply to Spezza’s second haiku:

Sens fan on Habs site

Is he lost? Confused? Wrong turn?

The truth: here be trolls

I await your response, sir :)

155. Deano says:

Good solid game … nothing spectacular.  One thing:

He does not stay out on long shifts (like a lot fo Team Canada was doing).  He is a very disciplined player.

The Norway game is a poor test of a player … none of the play is indicative of what they can really do.  Don’t miss the Sweden game; they are a real test.

156. OneTimer says:

If a winning team is so important to you, why are you a Sens fan?

157. Deano says:

90% of deals now will be for UFAs.

Dallas Stars defenceman Trevor Daley has agreed to a six-year, $19.8 million contract extension with the team.

The cap hit for the contract will be $3.3 million annually, and the package includes a no-trade clause that begins next season.

LOL trying to re-sign Gorges.

159. Fab K says:

Let me offer you this… i posted this as a reply to Ali B, before the day of the trade (12/27), here: http://habsinsideout.com/main/42076, at the near top of the page:

hi, like i said it before, i also think that
    this team needs to change, be it this year, next year or even 5 years
    from now… But JM is not a coach of today’s “hockey” he panicks,
    changes everything around, and then punishes kids. In any team today, do
    you really think he is a good coach? Maybe he was the best “french”
    coach at the time, but when it comes to coaches (gms and players are
    different, because if they don’t show up half the times and continue
    that path, i.e. Kostitsyn, who is not constant), we really need the best
    coach available, french english, even russian if necessary (maybe the
    best can be assistants), but if we continue to base ourselves, on the
    popular language of the province, because we have a hockey city in this
    province, and we all really speak both languages (in montreal actually),
    and if the (french) media have a problem with it… then really, stop
    listening to them and hire the best period. If they really care about
    that they would know we need this (i.e. Francois Gagnon, and others).
    Especially now (in a transition period of this team). Now I have no
    problem with JM, but as a coach, he is not the best. Look at other teams
    that have had the same coach for a long time (Buffalo for one), and
    look how the team has performed over the past 10 years (peaks and
    valleys happen along the way, like the habs). But if you try this
    technique, will we eventually succeed? Maybe… Now, Buffalo hasn’t
    really done anything in the past, and we may end up the same, but, maybe
    not recently, they have stayed constant because of this.

Now, if
    we do end up firing him (eventually, they all do get that), we need to
    all opinion or not, have a “better” coach. now i can’t see the future
    and hindsight is always 20/20… but can we for once try that? If the
    media has a problem with that, the team can afford it, hire a
    french/english (whatever it is) translator. Don’t fire the whole team
    and start over… really think about what this team needs, and then make
    a decision. It could be go or bad, as i said (20/20), and we can all
    have our opinions. But can we once try this? Gauthier? Is he listening?

I
    really don’t know, but what i do know is we need better, coach or
    player. maybe trade players who don’t show up contantly for others and
    then make an opinion, i really don’t know.

Now that i re-read it, i think, in perspective of the holidays (which i may and may not) have posted to the best of my ability (including to you bugs), i really think the above makes a lot of sense. If you think a team such as Detroit, is a primer before the paint that the habs need (and we all know we need help to survive), maybe this trade was good, but in all reality here, we gave up a lot for not, and not thought of the FUTURE, because we made the same mistake as we did Dominic Moore, and look what happened. Wisnewski maybe great and all for now… but if he doesn’t sign after 2010/2011, just like (Moore did, our fault or not), and that second round pick ends up (and it really may end up) being a Leblanc/PK/Pacioretty/etc…, for an islanders team who really needs to end up looking to the future to better their team, We really gave up a lot… I don’t know what will happen after the post season, and i really can’t tell what Wisnewski will decide… but for a team that needs to accumulate drafts and rookies as Montreal needs them, for us, and anyone else who loves this team, as i do, maybe this trade will not help us in the long run. I just don’t know. All i know now is that we need help on D and it cost us a lot to get for NOW. I just hope we sign him (based on his performance in MTL) before July 1st… maybe he will end up like a Georges/Hammerlik, or even Markov, but all i know is we will see, and hope for the best.

That is my, agree with me or not, train of thought on what the habs really need.

Does anyone not agree, globally to what I said (i really doubt it)?

Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year to all…

160. Bugs says:

How ’bout Tony Dorsett?

You KNOW he could get to the fronta the net.

161. Everlasting1 says:

Too much respect between Det-Dallas lol

Detroit are 10 for 25 on the pp lately. Sick.

Don’t pollute the water.

Both the Rangers and Carolina won their games tonight.

The noose tightens.

163. habs365 says:

if martin lets him play his game unlike subban..I think he’ll be ok..If you’re looking for another markov, I don’t think so..if martin plays mind games with him..he’ll become another subban..don’t worry about scoring..don’t worry about getting points..play everything safe and you’ll get to play a regular shift..if you don’t you get to eat hotdogs.

164. kevin m says:

You bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He & Walter P. were 2 of my favorites to watch

165. krob1000 says:

that is strange stuff that is…..trevor daley getting 6 years is strange but at that money …even more strange…anyone on here know more about Daley..is he that good? I have never noticed him but then again that is a good quality in a non offenseive dman i guess…..anyone??

166. SensFanSpezza says:

What’s the point of posting anything here.  I’ve never come here with anything more than an extremely gentle tease.  I actually cheer for the Habs when they’re not playing my bro’s team.  But I post something honest and your secret moderators delete everything.  Censorship is a sick thing, and not in a good way.   Maybe I need the Enigma machine so the genii here can’t interpret what I’m writing.   Bugsy’d get it though.

167. Bugs says:

Yeah? Hit me.

But no swearing.

168. kevin m says:

How about Toronto’s approx 4 & 5 mil/yr respectively for Jeff Finger & Mike Komasarek!!!

169. Bugs says:

Would you trade Picard for Tony Dorsett IN HIS PRIME… but not knowing if he could skate or not?

(same salary)

170. Malreg says:

Waybe’s World!

171. Bugs says:

Like Brewster says, Showey, the KEY is to “REFRESH”  after you “submit”.

Once you “submit”, you’ll be brought back to your personal home page with the indication that the changes have been saved and that’s where the confusion sets in. (happened to me too)

REFRESH!

And Bob’s yer uncle.

172. joeybarrie says:

I don’t agree with the censorship. But you are right, I am not sure of the point of you posting anything here.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

173. showey47 says:

with some vodka,i mean some vitamin v

174. krob1000 says:

I still think Komisarek owes us Hab fans a dollar per vote for that all star appearance…..I think I was good for about 300 or so….nah forget it….it was well worth 300 bucks to not have to see him violently and aimlessly swinging at the puck in the corner 2 full seconds after the puck has left his end.

175. SensFanSpezza says:

Well, I did respond, but the Gestapo deleted it.

It said:

Sens losing to Canes.

Who cares? They willl catch Habs soon.

No playoffs for you.

176. Bugs says:

He’s got the whole of Canada and sponsors up the wazoo backin’m up and this is what you get? A shank-job against the Isles?

The guy is totally overhyped. What has he done for his team lately? Nuthin. He’d never survive up here.

I SUPPOSE he’d could battle for a spot on the 4th if we traded Pyatt for’m but that’s it.

177. avatar_58 says:

What did you say?

178. kevin m says:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

179. OneTimer says:

See ya, don’t let the door hit you on the way out

180. OneTimer says:

No, no, my haiku was in response to this very one. New material, please.

181. krob1000 says:

yup ..then I’d flip him to the Als for Calvillo and Ben Cahoon.. Calvillo for BRise like outlet pass and Cahoon…..just because he is 5’9″ and would fit anywhere in our top six….he might even be able to receive a Gomez pass.

182. SmartDog says:

I think you used a verboten word.  I don’t agree but it was an obvious “swear word”.

——-

183. Bugs says:

Pah! It’s been payback time against the Caners for a bit now. Sooner or later, they’ll have to speak to us about consolidatin their position and vee vill crush zem.

The Rags? Bah! If they had any cojones, they woulda faced us already, but they keep avoidin us cuz they’re scared. Fuhgeddabowdit.

Tamper and Florider however…

(gulp)

184. OneTimer says:

Also: yes our mods here are exactly like fascist secret police. Relax yourself, you’re a fan of another team coming here to post negative things about the Habs. That’s the very definition of trolling and you’re not even being subtle about it. And you wonder why your posts get deleted. What fascists! /rolleyes

185. krob1000 says:

The other night agaisnt the Sens they were showing Chris Philips joining a rush and Crosby didn’t backcheck at all…very uncharactersitic for him…..but given the fact he is only 23 I am sure he would have been benched in Montreal

186. Bugs says:

Umm…no. Cahoon, ok, but AC wouldn’t last a shift. Bad deal. I’d keep Dorsett in that instance.

187. kevin m says:

Would that be Robert Picard????????????????

188. smiler2729 says:

My buddy told me Jason Spezza says the whole team can’t stand Daniel Alfredsson…

189. smiler2729 says:

My new mantra for the Habs: HIT THE *CENSORED* NET!

190. avatar_58 says:

Somewhat hockey related – anyone see the Love Guru? The movie with the Leafs winning the cup? It’s on showcase right now.

Wow. I’m a huge Mike Myers fan but this is a steaming pile. Same joke over and over again. I pity the poor souls who actually paid to watch this.  Speaking of which why am *I* still watching it?

191. Bugs says:

Sorry, Fabby, you’ve completely lost me.

The theme of this thread was “The Issues that may be affecting Detroit City since ALL teams have issues.”

What is your point, please?

Less than 1000 words, please.

192. punkster says:

Psst…Bugs. The Florider games are in the bag. Put yer carrots down on the Habs to win both. Big harvest guaranteed.

***Subbang!!!***

193. smiler2729 says:

The Leafs are a joke, throw a waffle.

194. Bugs says:

Oh, snap!

Gotta admit, Spezzy, Timey’s got you there.

195. SensFanSpezza says:

No sweat:

Sens catching the Habs

Before you can say Markov

A good draft pick soon.

196. avatar_58 says:

Yeah but even with the leafs being a joke, it’s still not funny.

197. Bugs says:

HOW many Razzies did that movie win? Even Hollywooders weren’t stupid enough to believe in a winning leafer team, and that should tell you all you need to know, really.

198. SmartDog says:

That one at least has a funny twist at the end.

——-

199. LA Loyalist says:

You know that the movie that made him (can’t remember the name) but where they are playing street hockey and he had some Asian babe running around… that one, almost every location was Toronto re-worked into Chicago. The bar was the Gasworks, the donut shop was Tim Hortons – he’s a huge Leaf fan. And from what I’ve heard anecdotally down here, a dedicated pick-up hockey guy and a good guy to play hockey with.

But yeah he’s slipped. Hollywood teaches that if a joke is funny once, keep beating it with a stick until the money stops.

200. Bugs says:

Yeah?

Convince us then, mate. Why?

Unquestionably unquestionable, I think I’m

Bugs – I’d take Gaborik over Gomez any day of the week.

What about the games he misses due to injury?  They would equal out with all the games where Gomez does squat.

202. LA Loyalist says:

Just re-post without the bad word, duh… either that or they have software that flagged “Sens” — a more likely theory.

203. SensFanSpezza says:

That’s just it.  I’m a Habs fan.  I come here because that’s my team.  My brother plays for the Sens, so I have to support him as well.  I’m SO not a troll.  And I’ve never posted negative things about the Habs.  Look more closely before you throw stones.

204. SmartDog says:

It’s a Myers comedy.  Fart jokes, masturbation jokes, midgets falling down, and the Leafs winning the cup.  All pretty much on the same level.

——-

205. showey47 says:

Question,after 3 years i’m finally going to change my avatar. I keep deleting my current one and uploading a new one but i keep getting the old one back. Is there something i’m doing wrong? Well, i guess that is kind of a stupid question since i’m obviously doing someting wrong. I will re-word it,what am i not doing right.

206. SeriousFan09 says:

I wouldn’t take Gaborik, you can’t build a contending team when you are constantly worried about whether your best player is going to be on extended IR.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

207. OneTimer says:

It is sad, really.

High point of the Sens franchise:

2007.

208. Bugs says:

There once was a cat named Wisniewski

Who was born nowhere close to Rimouski.

“If you go on a run,”

Swore mister Molson

“I promise to drown you in brewskies.”

209. punkster says:

They been in a funk too long. New blood in the lineup and they wanna show the new guy how they roll. Besides, my left big toe tingles the night before a Habs win and it’s literally humming right now. Count on it.

***Subbang!!!***

210. SensFanSpezza says:

Not true.  Jase likes Alfie a lot.  So do most of the guys.  The only ones who don’t get him are the guys who don’t understand you need to empty your ballsack in every game if you hope to win.  There are maybe two or three of those guys on the Sens.  One of them’s your boy Kovalev.

211. LA Loyalist says:

Timo has career ending injury?

212. Bugs says:

Please forgive me, Twofer; your initial post says the Caners and Rags are closing in, but now the point has shifted to the MVPness of Gomie/Gabby.

What’d I miss?

213. habs001 says:

many posters blame martin for the lack of offense on the team…but the reality is martin knows the only chance this team has is goaltending,team d and special teams…the team not scoring should not be a suprise based on the following stats

goals per game this year         carreer goals per game

plecks                        .30                                        .26

camm                         .33                                       .36

ak46                           .27                                       .27

gion                            .32                                       .33

gomez                         .14                                       .18

pouliot                         .19                                       .23

halpern                        .16                                       .18

lapps                           .13                                       .13

moen                           .08                                       .08

darche                          .19                                       .10

pyatt                             .03                                      .05

these 12 forwards combined are scoring at .17 goals per game pace this year…their career pace is .18…there should be no suprise on the number of goals we have scored

214. Everlasting1 says:

Why would Dallas bother to pull their goalie for an extra attacker down 6-3 with 2 mins left? The empty net goal gave Eaves the hat-trick.

215. Bugs says:

Tinglin left big toe, huh?

Well…aw’ight.

216. kevin m says:

I think I’m gonna like this Wiz Kid. He reminds me of a Franky Boullion except with a little more offensive flair

217. piche says:

OK – I’ll bite:

Give a heart to: Pouliot

Give a brain to: AK46

Give courage to: Price

Dustin Boyd wishes he had ruby slippers and could just go home.

Land a house on – hmmmm… have to still go with Tremblay – The Roy incident still stings more than any other.
    L’antichambre represents the lollipop guild.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Cheers,

Piche

218. Deano says:

I have seen a few comments about the terrible goal differential. I do not think it applies in this case. Actually, I believe the 3 point game system helps fix this. Coaches are still too worried (or have not done the math) to change their “Peddle to the Metal” ways. There was no reason to crush Norway today. Only 3 possible scenarios for Friday’s Game(based on what Sweden does tomorrow):

1) THURSDAY:Sweden wins in regulation: Sweden (9 pts) and Canada (9 pts):

Since one team must win the game (gaining 3 or 2 points) … Goal Differential means nothing.

2) THURSDAY: Sweden wins in O/T or a shootout: Sweden (8 pts) and Canada (9 pts):

If Canada wins they finish first (12 or 11 pts) … if they lose they finish
    second with a minimum of 10 pts. If the Czechs have 10 pts (by beating the Russians) Canada will still finish second (without the use of goal differential based on Canada beating the Czech Rep)… Goal Differential means nothing.

3) THURSDAY: Sweden loses: Sweden (6 pts) Czech Rep (6 pts) Canada (9 pts):

If Canada wins they finish first (12 or 11 pts) … If Canada loses they
    hold the tie-breaker versus Czechs (having beat them); even if the Czechs beat
    Russia.  Sweden would finish first (wins
    against Canada and Czechs), Canada would finish second (win against Czech) and
    Czech third (win against neither) … Goal Differential means nothing.

I am assuming that wins versus the opponent a tie breaker before goal differential
    … if so goal differential means nothing.

I did all my math during the game (it was a bad game) so if something is
    wrong, please let me know.

219. punkster says:

Before you hit “submit” on the edit page do a refresh, then hit “submit”. The refresh the “view” page. Usually this wprks but sometimes I have to go back to the edit page again, refresh the page then hit submit again. Try it a few times.

Or

Send me $200 in small bills and I’ll fix that right up for ya ;)

***Subbang!!!***

220. Bugs says:

You like him???

What the heck; have you been watchin him play with the Boys without us???

Unquestionably unquestionable, I think I’m

Just yankin’ your rabbit’s foot, Bugs.  “Come on and be my little good luck charm….”  (Elvis, ’62)

I have to call it a night.  I must place an early call tomorrow morning to Rogers over a billing issue and need all the rest I can get so it will hopefully be completed by game time tomorrow evening.

222. punkster says:

Jeez Bugs, I almost had him with the cash. Woulda split it with ya. 80/20. Ya know, ’cause I’m a nice guy.

***Subbang!!!***

223. Bugs says:

You go too far, Yahoo. You make a solid point but you go too far.

Yes, you WOULD take Gabby. Right?

Think it over. Bottom dollar. Just business. Gabby’s pt-production vs IR risk.

You would take him.

Come clean, please. Won’t hold it against you.

Unquestionably unquestionable, I think I’m

Robert – I hear you but you also could say that you can’t build a Cup team by bringing in 2nd tier players disguised as front line stars.  “You’re the Devil in Disguise” (Elvis ’63)

The computer probably just doesn’t like your face… can you really blame it?

226. Bugs says:

Great, you come in and jab from left field then take off? Convenient, I says:

Gad-zooks!

227. kevin m says:

I’ve seen him play a few times against us & also saw him play a few games on the NHL center ice package. as a matter of fact, saw the game against the Rangers when he was doing his best chimpanzee imitation for Sean Avery.

228. avatar_58 says:

Wayne’s World and Austin Powers are actually funny. This…….isn’t

229. SensFanSpezza says:

Damn…so close, but then you added the “s” to “brewskies.”  Ahhh.   Close, but fail.

230. Bugs says:

“You’ll never be shy of a brewski.”?

231. SeriousFan09 says:

After all the injuries the Canadiens have battled since 08-09, I just can’t stand the idea of another player where they can’t be sure of when he’ll be available to play. I know Gomez is a great pinata for anyone with frustrations this season (And I admit to taking shots at him as well) but Gaborik… if he makes it to 35 in the NHL in a signifanct role I’ll be shocked.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

232. Habnofear says:

Nice…Try a smaller pic?

233. deggy24 says:

Nice work!! Those are telling statistics. As a coach and gm you can either buy into that or suggest the following: if we provide some of these players with better players to play with and/or alter our style of play, can we increase the offensive productivity of these players?

The key position and determining factor for an NHL team is defencemen. Defencemen who can defend, transition, and attack. Up front you need a combination of skills from multiple players to score, and overall you need to vary your systems (agressive forecheck, trap, and risk taking 4 man attack) to be able to win consistently. In every instance, clearing your own zone, productively is your primary asset.

I look at your list of names and I could easily replace Laps, Darche, Moen, and Pyatt with just about anyone on any other team. That isn’t a good sign. But to the real point, who on our defence is best at clearing our zone productively? As our shots on goal for/against this year indicate, we are better than last year so that is a good sign. Other than that I think our problem is a coach who is obsessed with just clearing the zone, rather than clearing the zone productively, with not letting the boys play.

(not that it matters but I haven’t seen a comment on the fact that Gill had clear possession of the puck after Subban fell, and made the mistake of giving it to the other team. Were there other options? You bet. Why did he pick the option he did?)

234. thebigguy says:

I’m not sure you know what the word fascist means.

235. Fab K says:

just read it again… not in the sense of det vs mtl, but for mtl and the matter at hand…whatever it is, you don’t need to reply… ;)

by the way, i hate Fabby, stop calling me that “Bugs Bunny”!

236. The Cat says:

I remember when I changed mine, it seemed to only work the next day, it wasnt immediate. Maybe it has to get approved so as to prevent vulgar stuff.

237. OneTimer says:

He was talking about the Gestapo, what do you want from me. Enlighten me o wise one, what does fascist mean?

EDIT: no, I’ll give it a shot. I’d define ‘fascism’ as a type of totalitarian government with one ruler best characterized by some of the major players of WWII: Mussolini’s Italy, Hitler’s Germany and Stalin’s USSR. Also, the word comes form ‘fasces’ or some such, after a bundle of sticks which was symbolic of power in Roman times. Did I miss anything? But then again, you’re gonna think I looked all this stuff up. Shrug.

I was just kidding. Showey knows I like him.

239. habs001 says:

our group of forwards would really benefit if we had d who can be part of a 4 man attack but right now only subban is capable of doing that but his lack of experience limits his potential…

240. observer says:

Habs are being hurt this year by that 3 point game system. In 37 games so far Habs have only picked up 2 loser points. IUn fact they have been involved in just 3 overtime games(zero shootouts 1 overtime win). Not at least getting those 1 and 2 goal regulation losses to overtime is hurting the Habs right now. They rank near the bottom of teams with least loser points.

241. showey47 says:

lmfao,ass. But you are probably right.

242. showey47 says:

right on thanks,cheque is in the mail.

243. RJ says:

Correct that. The lack of confidence by JM limits PK’s potential

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

244. Deano says:

I have not looked at the other way, but intuitively they would then do better in a 3-2-1 system.  The 3 points is big for a regulation win and helps separate out good teams from average ones.

245. kmk says:

Head-man the Puck!

I say we get rid of the “O/T loser points” thing entirely! I still feel teams are playing for O/T and or Shoot-out which really takes away from the first 60 minutes. Regular season is boring enough. So lets force teams to win it in the first 60 minutes.

IF NOT, we start out with 4 skater O/T for 5 minutes, then go to 3 skaters for another 5 minutes and so on.

The team that scores in O/T gets the 2 points. The team that does not score, gets nothing. Why should we reward a team a point for an “overtime loss” in the regular season when we do no such thing in the play-offs!

If people don’t want that, then go back to the old “tie-game system” where both teams get a single point.

246. Deano says:

I have to correct this.  There is one issue that I believe they are still using overall goal differential to resolve (ALL two way ties can be decided by the game result between the two teams):

A three-way tie.  This will happen if … Czech beats Sweden today and Sweden beats Canada on Friday (both in regulation).

Not sure if they are using goal differential during the three games played by the teams who tie.  That would be better than … total goal differential for the tournament.

247. adam76 says:

I think we can all agree - Wisniewski is a very hard name to spell.

248. Mrhab24 says:

AND……… Say!

…I’m on a horse!

Great post, Stu.  Thanks for taking the time to co-ordinate these viewpoints and give us a wider perspective on the trade and the player who is coming our way.

250. sam says:

those 3,000 are the boobirds. so, no. :)

251. Barts says:

18,000? How about 21,273 James?

252. SLONCOLD says:

we are saved!!!!!!! that is if he’s not benched for the first game for not following/agreeing with the system lol

253. mike g says:

Well people, there we have it…

The opinion’s of all the 7 people who actually follow the Islanders.

And incase you’re wondering how they can still draw a remarkable 3000 fans per game in that arena, well they’re prisoners in the arena. They’re former fans, who were smart to lose interest in such a crap product, but were randomly selected to be locked in a downstairs room and released on gamedays to sit in the crowd.

GOOOOOOO Isles!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

254. Hockey Socks says:

18,000? Try 21,230, Wizzy!

255. j2w4habs25 says:

plus the millions coast to coast screaming through their tv’s

256. MikeMcLaren says:

Are there 43 people who don’t scream? ;)

21,273 is the number both of you were looking for.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

257. mike g says:

Alright, but what do you think, Stu?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

258. Stu Hackel says:

From what I’ve seen of him, Mike, a lot of these opinions in the post have merit. He’s got an offensive upside but his defence can be questionable. He can be too aggressive in his positioning at times, overcommiting, running around, things like that. You don’t want him on the ice too often against the other team’s top two
    lines. He can be physical, as you can see from the video that Kevin posted yesterday on his hit on Seabrook, for a smallish guy, but also undisciplined. But he’s supposedly a good teammate, very good with the puck and should be an asset on the power play, and that’s important. If the Habs use him in the right situations, he can be a good addition, and it will be a bonus if he stabilizes his play in his own end.

259. Favorite Son says:

I hate to bring this up because Gionta is my favorite player, but is he doing much as a captain? He seems very similar to Koivu behavior-wise: too calm, too passive. We need the captain to step up in the room right now and bring the team together. He’s doing a good job leading by example on the ice and that’s great, but what about dealing with these little problems of Subban vs the veterans (Plekanec, Gill, etc)? Is he being vocal? Not sure that’s the case.

I know we have Gill and Gomez who are more vocal, but it doesn’t seem like it’s doing much. The team is in a slump and that’s when the leaders have to step up, but this slump is starting to get a little too long for my taste.

260. SLONCOLD says:

have u been in the room and heard him talk? just wondering.

Leading with wild emotions and talking shit to the press or players is the sign of a bad captain….

261. observer says:

Wrong answer! Habs should have bolstered the 88 point squad. Either that playoff run was an aberration orthe season results were where they made the playoffs with the lowest amount of points to even make the playoffs under this format. Philly beat them easy in those playoffs, yet Flyers strengthened their team last summer.

262. WestHab says:

Got to have a better nic name than Wiz.

- Who will be at the Heritage Classic?

263. adam76 says:

but nobody beats the WIZ,

264. habsfan0 says:

I’m sure Archie Bunker would come up with a VERY colourful nickname for him.

265. punkster says:

Or yet another shameless attempt to garner attention for your site, Jay?

***Subbang!!!***

266. Price_Is_Right says:

A week later, and a lot of your comments, have done nothing but to make me think this is 100% accurate!

267. Favorite Son says:

Yes because that’s what I was advocating in my post “Leading with wild emotions and talking shit to the press”.

Have I heard him talk? No, that’s why I said “not too sure this is the case” and “it seems”. But thanks for playing.

268. punkster says:

What current talent?

***Subbang!!!***

269. PeterD says:

It is now time to make a block buster trade…some of current talent and future prospects for some legitimate power forwards that are willing and able to pay the price needed in front of the net.

270. Hobie Hansen says:

OK, that’s one perfect analysis of one defenseman. Now what do you think about PK Subban and his handling by the Canadiens organization sir?

No, no… Nobody beats the Brick. Wiz… well… Wiz can be beaten.

272. krob1000 says:

nah he’s right there are exactly 3,273 corporate blowhards at every game …they are not diehards…and they do not scream…but they are there. The Wizard knows everything…why he is even going to give Kostistyn a heart, he is going to give Lappy some courage and Spacek a brain.  I am afraid  that PK is going to start clicking his heels though…..where is a good ol falling house for your coach when you need one?

273. Danno says:

Nobody Beats the Wiz! NOBODY!

Except maybe at math. At the Bell Centre, a sold-out capacity crowd is 21,273 people. Still anything more than 3,000 will look huge compared to Long Island.

“‘All
    the history, the tradition up there, 18,000 screaming diehards every
    night,’ Wisniewski said.

I think I like this guy!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

274. rocketsglare says:

The Habs on Dec. 18 were still in 1st place in the Northeast Division and 3rd overall in the Eastern Conference.

I consider the always difficult Florida swing as the test of this team’s mettle, especially as it comes at the end

of a long and weary roadie.

275. arcosenate says:

1812 was a pretty good year to be Canadian, or at least Upper and Lower Canadian.

Maybe the Upper Canadiens will show up tonight.

TB’s beatable, just a decent effort compared to the last week would be acceptable.

Watched the Islanders’ game vs. pittsburgh last night, they showed up to play and busted their asses to every puck.

It worked for them…

276. Bugs says:

That friggin Boudreau; I knew he was a big liar.

We’re friggin done for!

277. OneTimer says:

Don’t burst the Downers’ bubble Bugs, they like it when the team’s doing poorly.

278. observer says:

I also heard that comment by Boudreau in that HBO Series but I checked Chicago’s schedule and results of last year on NHL.com and saw no such thing or anything even close to a 9 game Blackhawk losing streak ?

279. The Cat says:

The worst  they had was 9 loses out of an 11 game stretch.

280. W35T5ID3 says:

Lately we’ve been pathetic.If we dont come outta Florida and Tampa with 4 pts i’ll be dissapointed and then there is truly something wrong with this team.I’d say internally in the dressing room somethings a miss.But who knows.Obviously we lack another horse up front that can score and change the game with a hit or his presence and park his ass in front of the net.But,ya know…we’ll just keep pluggin’ away for now i guess.

281. Bugs says:

What did Boudreau say?

“Chicago lost NINE straight last year.”

282. kevin m says:

The mighty Caps just came off of a 9 game winless streak in regulation time. 3 o/t wins for December until the Canes & Habs showed up.

283. Habnofear says:

Now  we need to trade for Artukin….

284. Bill says:

Just popped in to say that I’ve been looking at the rosters of the NHL bottom feeders, looking for an impending UFA forward who could help the Habs and be had for a draft pick or prospect … and there is not much. Cory Stillman? Brendan Morrison? Anyone? No?

Iginla’s name gets bandied about a fair bit, but here is the trifecta of Iginla pain: 1) two more years after this one at 7,000,000 cap hit (that’s almost as much as Gomez!) 2) Definitely on the downside of his career 3) Would be the subject of an intense bidding war if his name came on the market.

What that means is that someone will give up way too much to get Iginla only for the privilege of watching his production decline while his salary wrecks their cap for a couple of seasons. It shouldn’t be the Habs.

Full Breezer 4 Life

285. Deano says:

Posted this below on Monday, not sure if there are any more UFAs than this …

At the deadline the HABS may be able to get any number of July 2011
    free agents for next to nothing (the going rate has been 2nd round picks
    or AHL prospects).  Depending on how these teams do over the next
    month, the following players (Cap Hit in brackets) may be available
    (pick any two under $7M total and there will ot be much to give up for
    them):

Carolina: Pitkanen ($4M), Cole ($2.9M)

Devils: Arnott ($4.5M), Langenbrunner ($2.8M)

Ducks: Selanne ($4.5M)

Flames: Staios ($2.7M)

Avalanche: Hejduk ($3.0M) … I know COL is playing well … I guy can dream can’t he.

Florida: Stillman ($3.5M)

Isles: Moulson ($2.45M) … great name for a HAB, Wisniewski ($3.18)

PHX: Vrbata ($3.0M)

STL: Brewer ($4.25M)

TOR: Kaberle ($4.0M)

Dump AK46 somehow and you can pick any two.

286. rocketsglare says:

Normally, your ass kickers are not your scorers but a D-man or a highly respected veteran position player.

I don’t see any of the current Habs as being ass kickers and when Cammalleri or Plekanec are on, they do

provide the spark that leads the team’s offense. But, they are unfortunately streaky and can’t be relied to

successfully power the team’s offense on a nightly basis.

Hopefully, the presence of Wisniewski will add a spark to the PP and provide the ass kicking that this team

needs to wake up and begin to play again with renewed focus and intensity. We can certainly hope so.

287. rocketsglare says:

Cammalleri so far has not been that spark or ass kicker that the Habs need desperately to get them going.

288. SnowManHabs85 says:

Why does a team need an ass kicker to let the Habs scoring again, we need to play offense but we end up playing half a period defending our own zone by killing penalties. Team needs to stay disciplined. Hell even againts Isles, we gave them a whole period to attack our zone while being left to kill penalties. When the Habs stay discipline even during our own power play opportunities, we can win.

I’m sure Wisniewski can provide some of that spark Your looking for. Besides, we still have White to call up for that spark if in a deal can’t be made. Cammy fight sure did created alot of spark on the play if you didn’t see the guys on the bench how they reacted on it.

289. rocketsglare says:

With other Eastern Conference team’s picking it up, the Habs are under the gun to do the same. Do they have

what it takes to get the job done? The Florida swing will be the first crucial test for this team and whether they

have the character and leadership to persevere and come out of this slump with two huge wins. We will know

with tomorrow night’s first test against TB. Study hard boys!

290. G-Man says:

First test? All of December and this road trip has been the test. So far, so bad….

291. punkster says:

There once was a guy named Wisniewski
    Who became our new defence appointee.
    He hits like a truck
    And fires a mean puck
    But is he a wiz bang guarantee?

***Subbang!!!***

292. FormalWare says:

Unpronounceable D-man Wisniewski

Leads Habs fans to query: “Wiz-Who-Ski?”

His shot is a cannon

But he’s still no Dave Hannon–

Are the Habs, come next April, bound TO ski?

293. yvresgyros says:

Don’t know if anyone pointed it out yet, but James has a clothing line. Not a way to clothesline opponents, an actual clothing line called WizWear.

His website (www.wizwear43.com) doesn’t say much but I’m sensing a wave of popularity hitting Montreal pretty soon when I look at the Facebook pictures: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62329043008#!/photo.php?pid=5655332&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=62329043008&aid=-1&id=765705724&oid=62329043008&fbid=118379820724

Wiz has found his niche market in Montreal, alright.

294. observer says:

9th place Carolina moves to within 4  points of the 8th place Habs and Carolina holds a game in hand on Montreal. Still think Gauthier/Gainey should have basically “stood pat” with the roster of skaters last summer? A team that earned 88 points all season?

295. joeybarrie says:

No your right, we really should have traded away the players who got us to the East Conf. Finals. That would have been brilliant. It’s bad enough we had to choose one of the goalies, you want to trade some forwards too???

I guess no one has realized that we are still doing better this season than we did last. We just picked up a player, and if we keep this same pace up for the entire season, we will end up with 96-98 points and most likely be 3rd, 4th or 5th…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

296. rocketsglare says:

This team needs two things: a spark and an ass kicker. The Habs need a player who can spark this team through

his play and leadership and an ass kicker who can keep this team focused and intense. Any suggestions out there?

297. SnowManHabs85 says:

We have Cammy, probably one of our stronger players in the team. That Cammy fight was one of the best fights I’ve seen in a long time.

298. LA Loyalist says:

You mean like a leader, a captain… a guy who bleeds literally and figuratively bleu, blanc, rouge on the ice and keeps the other guys accountable…

Yeah, we should get one of those.

299. oshawahabsfan says:

Get it right Wiz, it’s 21,273 screaming die-hards!

300. ctony says:

The Isles reporters make him sound like a piece of a puzzle not someone who can replace a team’s star/leader. Wiz is not going to replace Markov and it he’s joining us during a slump.  That’ a lot of unnecessary expectations and pressure.  It’s too bad PG couldn’t/didn’t make this deal before we NEEDED him.

301. spos080808 says:

Actually, this deal was basically done BUT because of the holiday no trade period, the deal had to be put off. Get your facts straight buddy!