Will there be a Game 6 at the Bell?

Capitals seize command of series: Hickey
Game of inches, says Ovie-burned Gill: Hickey
Playoff days numbered for Price’s Habs: Stubbs
Can’t pin this loss on Price: Fisher
About last night…: Boone

The Canadiens hold a team meeting late this morning at their practice facility in Brossard – there’s no practice – then depart on a charter flight for Washington, where they could well play their final game of the 2009-10 season tomorrow night.

Game 5 is scheduled for the Verizon Centre Friday at 7 pm, with Game 6, if necessary, back in Montreal Monday at the same time.

Updates and audio post-meeting coming here later.

1. KC64 says:

They need to play with more abandon and start crashing Varlamov. At worst we’ll be penalized and the league will expose its bias for all to see. It was nice to see O’Byrne actually knock a few Caps over for getting too close to Price in Game 4…….why was this guy watching from the press box the first three games?????

2. HabsBlogger says:

Or hope the caps get the type of goal tending  they should be getting… who would of that it was the caps goaltender that steels the show?

3. slapshot777 says:

You say that your not going to bitch and ” you must stand by them no matter what ” yet here you are bashing Price and calling him over rated. How two sided can you get.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

4. Cam_1 says:

Here we go with bias Price is over-rated BS again bashers. He is 22 and gonna be an elite goalie. I am positive he eventually is gonna shine and reach his potential…unfortunately I am not sure Montreal is the atmosphere for him to reach his potential because of fans like you.

Peace out

5. KGB_AKA4787 says:

Well i for one am not gonna wine like a little Bitcccch and say I’d rather them loose in 5 and not at the bell center in 6, Be proud of your organization, be tough, and believe in your product you buy or sell or else everything fails

You must stand by them no matter what, for those who say that Hammer was the cause of the 2nd period goal is BS since bergeron had the puck and was playing around with it behind the net instead of skating foward the last seconds of the period, that damn Bergeron should of never been playing with hammer on the same line but what the heck,

Price OVERRRRAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD thats all I have to say

HALAK WILL get the job done from now on in this team, next year bring up Desjardins, the kid has shown wonders this year and make him play back up to halak

trade Price

the end

6. Olay Olay Olay says:

The only way I believe the habs can win is if they play a perfect 60 min game, last night was a close to perfect as this team can get, we only made a handful of mistakes and got burned for each one. The caps only need to play well for 10-15 mins and they win games just because of their offense. How many times have they come back from a 2 or 3 goal deficit this year to win?

This is not a knock on the habs, I don’t think there’s a team out there who is fundamentally sound enough to play a perfect 60 mins in the playoffs.

7. DarthWade says:

I think what we need is another piece of merchandise. I introduce to you, the loyal Habs fan, the official “Habs Mourning Shirt”:

It is to be worn whenever a beloved former player passes away, we go on a losing streak, a trade goes horribly wrong for us, we get humiliated in the playoffs, and a draft pick fizzles out on us.

I don’t think there will be a game 6 and frankly I am not sure if I would want one anyways. If we are going to lose the series I think I’d rather lose it in Washington than have it come back here and lose at home. I’m trying to keep the faith, but it’s a lost cause.

8. Shublips says:

We have to remember that the Habs barely qualified for the playoffs and are playing against the team with the best regular season record.

Like all season long, the Habs have simply failed to capitalize on their chances throughout this series and it is coming back to haunt them.

Re: the Caps, I personally don’t see how they can win the cup.  The Habs are exposing them as a defensively weak team, with sick offense.  Ok, so what happens when they play against a REAL team like, say, the Pens, or The Canucks, or Detroit.  I don’t see them winning.

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137