Will there be a Game 6 at the Bell?

Capitals seize command of series: Hickey
Game of inches, says Ovie-burned Gill: Hickey
Playoff days numbered for Price’s Habs: Stubbs
Can’t pin this loss on Price: Fisher
About last night…: Boone

The Canadiens hold a team meeting late this morning at their practice facility in Brossard – there’s no practice – then depart on a charter flight for Washington, where they could well play their final game of the 2009-10 season tomorrow night.

Game 5 is scheduled for the Verizon Centre Friday at 7 pm, with Game 6, if necessary, back in Montreal Monday at the same time.

Updates and audio post-meeting coming here later.

1. Olay Olay Olay says:

The only way I believe the habs can win is if they play a perfect 60 min game, last night was a close to perfect as this team can get, we only made a handful of mistakes and got burned for each one. The caps only need to play well for 10-15 mins and they win games just because of their offense. How many times have they come back from a 2 or 3 goal deficit this year to win?

This is not a knock on the habs, I don’t think there’s a team out there who is fundamentally sound enough to play a perfect 60 mins in the playoffs.

2. slapshot777 says:

You say that your not going to bitch and ” you must stand by them no matter what ” yet here you are bashing Price and calling him over rated. How two sided can you get.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

3. Cam_1 says:

Here we go with bias Price is over-rated BS again bashers. He is 22 and gonna be an elite goalie. I am positive he eventually is gonna shine and reach his potential…unfortunately I am not sure Montreal is the atmosphere for him to reach his potential because of fans like you.

Peace out

4. KGB_AKA4787 says:

Well i for one am not gonna wine like a little Bitcccch and say I’d rather them loose in 5 and not at the bell center in 6, Be proud of your organization, be tough, and believe in your product you buy or sell or else everything fails

You must stand by them no matter what, for those who say that Hammer was the cause of the 2nd period goal is BS since bergeron had the puck and was playing around with it behind the net instead of skating foward the last seconds of the period, that damn Bergeron should of never been playing with hammer on the same line but what the heck,

Price OVERRRRAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD thats all I have to say

HALAK WILL get the job done from now on in this team, next year bring up Desjardins, the kid has shown wonders this year and make him play back up to halak

trade Price

the end

5. DarthWade says:

I think what we need is another piece of merchandise. I introduce to you, the loyal Habs fan, the official “Habs Mourning Shirt”:

It is to be worn whenever a beloved former player passes away, we go on a losing streak, a trade goes horribly wrong for us, we get humiliated in the playoffs, and a draft pick fizzles out on us.

I don’t think there will be a game 6 and frankly I am not sure if I would want one anyways. If we are going to lose the series I think I’d rather lose it in Washington than have it come back here and lose at home. I’m trying to keep the faith, but it’s a lost cause.

6. KC64 says:

They need to play with more abandon and start crashing Varlamov. At worst we’ll be penalized and the league will expose its bias for all to see. It was nice to see O’Byrne actually knock a few Caps over for getting too close to Price in Game 4…….why was this guy watching from the press box the first three games?????

7. HabsBlogger says:

Or hope the caps get the type of goal tending  they should be getting… who would of that it was the caps goaltender that steels the show?

8. Shublips says:

We have to remember that the Habs barely qualified for the playoffs and are playing against the team with the best regular season record.

Like all season long, the Habs have simply failed to capitalize on their chances throughout this series and it is coming back to haunt them.

Re: the Caps, I personally don’t see how they can win the cup.  The Habs are exposing them as a defensively weak team, with sick offense.  Ok, so what happens when they play against a REAL team like, say, the Pens, or The Canucks, or Detroit.  I don’t see them winning.

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

9. Olay Olay Olay says:

For what it’s worth, I think we can all agree that this team was greatly overachieving the year they were top in the east.

10. Olay Olay Olay says:

I agree, this team needs an official leader, it’s a joke that we still don’t. I think our 3rd and 4th lines have been our most consistent hard working lines all year. That being said they’re not going to score a whole lot but they’ve done a good job in my opinion.

Hindsight is always 20-20 in terms of could’ve should’ves. I don’t see why everyone gets so bent out of shape when SK sits, he’s ok at best. I would say he’s adds very little to the line up whereas Bergeron adds far more to the PP at least and can play a little defense  .

11. namgel says:

And then you end up with a bright sparkling…….ball of crap.

Coach Martin say’s one…..one little forward…two….two lit..

12. MontrealAtheist says:

Well, I have a ticket for game #6, but given the way the Habs are playing these days I don’t really expect this series to go beyond game #5.

13. terrygain says:

Oh ye of little faith.

14. Tis Himself says:

Please, put the bong down now!

15. FuzE_gus says:

The Habs’ effort so far in the series has surprised me.  I didn’t think they had it in them but the letdowns in third are simply because they are just not skilled enough to compete with the elite teams in the NHL.  Their lack of size wears them down over 60 minutes and their lack of a game breaker prevents them from putting away their opponent when they do have the chance to do so.  There are some good players on this team.  Some great support role players.  Gomez has proven to me he knows what it takes to win in the playoffs.  Gionta is a warrior and Cammy is an asset.  Not to mention Markov…I think he should be captain.  However, there is a lot missing on this team and a middle finish once again doesn’t provide much of an opportunity to grab a star in the making.  Wether or not we get a game 6 is irrelevant.  The Habs management have a lot of work to do.

With Regards from FuzE_gus

16. terrygain says:

The team should vote for the captain. You can’t impose a leader, if you want him to be followed. Montreal used to vote for their captains and the Leafs used to appoint them.

We’ve played much better than I expected. IMO the future is not as bleak as some think. I’m reposting my edited thoughts from yesterday’s thread.

Metropolit is a good 4th line centre. Ryan White can play on his wing. We need another big defenceman to replace 44, who has to go, and a policeman with some skill to replace Lapierre.

But for Darche’s uncharacteristic brain cramp with the score 4-1 in game 2; Cammy’s brain cramp on the PK goal in game 3       (after racing back he stood beside the net and made no attempt to check Gordon); 44’s multiple brain cramps; Martin’s insistence on playing 47 on defence, sitting 20, playing 40  ahead of 74, and using Cammy in the last 2 minutes while trying to protect the lead, we could be ahead in this series.

I would try Boucher as coach before blowing up this team.

17. Caballero says:

There won’t even be a game 5…

They say you can’t polish a turd but you know, I actually think that the core of this team has some potential. It takes time to put a good team together and I am seeing some hope here. I actually think that most of the players who are problematic are the ones who were here last season. This team just needs to get younger and meaner, which is probably the same thing.

18. Malreg says:

Sorry, the Mythbusters proved that you CAN polish a ball of crap :P

19. Laramy87 says:

I certainly hope so. We play so hard but just cannot finish.

20. namgel says:

Stick a fork in ‘em.  But we have a good draft pick coming….no we don’t….we have a stud in the Junior System….no we don’t…..injuries screwed us up…….no they didn’t……Price played terrible……Nope….Halak should have been in net….Wouldn’t of mattered…….

We suck and we are not going to get any better soon…..PG and Ears are gonna Florida this franchise.

We should officially rename the team to Maple Leafs North..  Or for the Francophones

Les Leafs Nord Du Montreal

Freaking embarassing…

Go Dogs Go !!!!

Coach Martin say’s one…..one little forward…two….two lit..

21. Cam_1 says:

Trends …giving up a late goal in second period crushing our momentum and giving it all to the other team. Washington scoring empty netters in last minute of reguation when they don’t need it. Washington taking advantage of our mistakes (and there is lots of them) and Washington running up score if they have the oppurtunity. In the end tho…we are not the 8th seed for nothing, thats where we belong ..after all those years of Gainey at the Helm and we are no better off than when he first took over if not in even worse shape.

Anyway sad day to be a Hab fan…the future does not look bright and the Laughs are poised to surpass us ..and the time is now…and the time frame will be for some time to come. We have come a long way from two years ago when we won the conference, had the team, just needed a little tweaking and we were almost there…fast forward to this year…blow up team project …failed…backfired ..and at the point of no return ….we have hit a major low. Grammar police welcome.

22. Jbell10 says:

Yes, there will be a game 6 in MTL. Which the Habs will win.

We have had the lead in 2 of the 3 games and unfortunately we shot ourself in the foot. Mistakes happen, sometimes at the worst possible time.

We will win game 5 friday.

23. oshawahabsfan says:

They could use some practice on getting the puck deep when needed *cough cough* Hamrlik!