Will Canucks end it?

4787596

Vancouver has a chance to punch its ticket for the Stanley Cup final.
And Boston needs one more win.

• Pat Hickey on salary cap going up
• Dave Stubbs on Elmer Lach, 93 years young
• Bruce Arthur on Boston’s win

1. sampson12 says:

I’m pretty gutted about the bulldogs… they had a chance to pull off something huge. Good on them to get that close to begin with, they showed a lot of character.

Here’s something that’s sure to piss off the people who think the Habs are not a small, soft team.

Why the Montreal Canadiens Need to Sign an Enforcer During the 2011 Offseason

I disagree that all is needed is one enforcer. The Habs need 3-4 BAMFs that can play hockey as well. Until then prepare for more of the same.

EDIT: Hilarious that two bloggers discredit the premise because it comes from another, competing at that, blog website.

• Linking to the bleacher report now to support your narrative? Weak.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Using Bleacher Report to back up an argument? Oh HH… you’re usually way, way better at this stuff. Why don’t we call in the Boston Globe and Boston Herald to give some analysis while we’re at it?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• hablifting says:

To be fair, all of these blogs and papers are full of bovine feces anyways. No offence boys ;)

• pat s says:

HardHabits–I completely agree with that article. I don’t care where it came from, it is the truth. Montreal should get Eric Boulton or Cam Janssons–either one can play on the 4th line –why should we always have to take a beating from the flyers or bruins

no doubt in my mind that plays a factor in whether a UFA wants to come–why should he come on a team where he is going to get bullied

we can thank gainey for this–hopefully Gauthier changes this

• hablifting says:

This team does not need one of those types of knuckleheads. What they need is overall team toughness. There is very little on this team in that regard.

• Mike D says:

Other than fighting, do either of those guys bring anything else to the table? I honestly don’t know much about their game other than the fighting so I’m genuinely asking.

Can either of them win faceoffs like Halpern, or kill penalties as good as Pyatt, Moen, or Halpy? If not, what good are they?

- Honestly yours

• The Cat says:

I lean more toward big D men, you cant have a dman get his ass kicked a la Spacek by other teams’ forwards, you just cant. If youre a dman and you cant win a fight, you shouldnt be on the team, I dont care if you move the puck really well. They all should be able to skate with the puck, if not, they shouldnt be pros.

• Bugs says:

Anyone who uses a Bleacher Report as supportive evidence in their argument loses all credibility.
      It’s like someone from THAT “competing website” using one of OUR posts as supportive evidence for THEIR argument, Double-H.
      Totally Mickey Mouse.

Gone figuratively fishin filibusts L. B. Potter, esq.

• HardHabits says:

No Bugs. Anyone who uses http://habsbros.blogspot.com/ as supportive evidence is Totally Mickey Mouse.

It’s just another person’s opinion. Like you or I. This isn’t a court of law, however if said author is sitting on the jury I can guarantee you the Habs would be convicted of being too soft and too small.

I posted it to see the reactions and considering that 2 bloggers and a blogger wannabe responded, no, reacted the way they did, well, that’s all the testimony I need.

The Habs are pussies, pushovers and wimps. The whole world knows it. Everybody is talking about it. As a Habs fan I am ashamed of it but I have no shame in admitting it.

Another thing, even if the Habs beat the Bruins in round 1 they’d still be golfing now. They don’t have the physical presence to make it through 4 rounds of play-off hockey. Until they do, they wont win the Cup.

That’s what this article says. To discount it just because it’s on Bleacher Report is actually a sign of a weak mind. It’s another ad hominem argument. Discredit the web site rather than discredit the argument.

Therefore the article’s premise is correct, and you Bugs, Berskshire and SFO9 are wrong.

• thorandresson says:

it’s funny how people are arguing about this, cause the simple matter of the fact is (despite what your opinion is) the Habs will not get an enforcer because it’s not how Martin and PG think. They had an enforcer in Laraque and JM didn’t play him, so what’s the point. And so long as JM is coach, what’s the point in arguing this.

3. Say Ash says:

Wow, it is so friggin’ loud outside right now! Girls goin’ wild…