Who takes control in Boston?

BruinsLightning1

The Bruins and Lightning play the pivotal game of their series at TD Banknorth Garden.
Vancouver has taken a stranglehold in the Western Conference.

War of words heating up in the East

Red Fisher on Bruins collapse in Game 4

Jack Todd on Pierre Boivin

Bulldogs stay alive

Who gets the start in nets for TB?

Thomas gurantees a Boston win

Henrik Sedin is killing the Sharks

Cam Cole on Canucks’ win

Larry Brooks on the Rangers and Brad Richards

Ken Holland won’t be chassing UFAs

1. Sean Bonjovi says:

“Ken Holland won’t be chasing UFAs” links to a really weak article. It’s embarrassing to see this on H I/O.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

2. The Cat says:

How many points does Sedin have at even strength? Any nhler can get points on a 5 on 3.

• The Cat says:

I believe he has 3 5on5 points. Not quite impressive.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

And what about his pass on the 2-on-1 to Burrows? Was that not impressive to you?

Bottom line is, the Canucks are a stacked team and the Sedins are producing right now. Kesler is producing. Burrows is producing. Their defense is solid and Luongo got the Chicago monkey off his back.

Vigneault has also played his cards right throughout the playoffs. They are going to win the Cup. At least it’s coming back to Canada.

• habs03 says:

For some reason I hate the Nucks, use to like them during the Naslund days, but I think I just hate their current jerseys but the Sedin’s take too much heat, people call them soft, but play well in the nasty area’s, their board play and cycle game is a lot like Getzlaf and Perry’s.

3. kempie says:

Bruins suck. That is all.

2011 SUMMIT INFORMATION

I received two letters pertaining to our Annual Hockey Inside Out Fan Weekend Summit. One from Anna Gainey thanking us for our donation of $1200 again this past year to the Gainey Children’s Foundation. Hockey Inside Out Hab Fans have now raised over $5000 in total for this charity. We are a very generous group!

I also received a letter from Reg Houle thanking us for our continued support. And that he will see us all at next years Summit

And below I received a letter reminding us that the dates for our next years Summit will be out at the end of July. I will pick the best dates that gives us a game Friday at Hurley’s and Saturday at the Bell Center.
    (give me your suggestions, early in the season or later ?)

So pay attention to the site so you do not miss out on 2011 Summit tickets that have to be paid and ordered well in advance.
    Some disappointed HIO people missed out on tickets last year because they were on summer vacation when we collected for the tickets and ordered them.

Dave Stubbs told me he is going to line up some players to hang out with us this year.

I will repost this a few more times so more people will be informed.

Dear Mr. Cobb,

On behalf of the entire Canadiens organization, I would like to thank you for your support during this past hockey season. Gathering a group of fans for a game at the Bell Centre requires a lot of time on the part of the group organizer. To that end, your involvement is greatly appreciated.

Though our playoff run was unfortunately too short, it was nevertheless exciting from start to finish. Pierre Gauthier and his team are already planning for next season and we feel we can build on a solid core of promising young players and talented veterans.

At the end of July, we will forward to you the official home game calendar for the 2011-12 season and all the details regarding group sales and our ice rental programs. The information will also be available at the same time on our Web site, canadiens.com.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a great summer – I’m looking forward to seeing you in September. Until then, please do not hesitate to communicate with me or our group sales team.

Regards,

Pierre Constant
    Director, Group Sales
    Club de hockey Canadien

5. RetroMikey says:

I can’t imagine another Stanley Cup down south where oranges grow, next thing you’ll know, Bettman will place a team in Cuba of all places than here in my hometown in Hamilton, Ontario….home of the resilient, no name, big, hard working bunch called the Hamilton Bulldogs!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• nek25plus says:

Maybe Thomas should tell Lucic about his guarantee….

• HabsFanInTampa says:

Cuba is not part of the United States of America. So, no NHL team. I, for one as a Habs fan, and hockey fan too am so grateful that we have a bonafide Stanley Cup contender here where citrus trees grow rampant. Maybe you should move to Edmonton and hope the Oilers win a Stanley Cup in the frozen tundra, where in your opinion, Lord Stanley is more deserving.

• Mattyleg says:

To play devil’s advocate, the Stanley Cup was originally given for the best hockey team in the Dominion of Canada. Then the NHL took it and decided to give it wherever they wanted.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

6. HabsFanInTampa says:

Tim Thomas guarantees a Bruin’s series win a la Marc Messier. I’ve watched Captain Messier play for 20 years, and Tim, you ain’t no Marc Messier.

• Ian Cobb says:

Go Tampa Go,” knock these Bean Town Bullies out onto the golf course where they belong.!

• RetroMikey says:

I’m old skool Ian, I’ll root for an original 6 team in the final.
        Let’s go Bruins!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

No self-respecting Habs fan could possibly root for the Bruins.

• Clay says:

I’m rooting for Tampa as well, but that’s a little childish. He can cheer for whichever team floats his boat.

__________________________
            The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Clay:

He certainly can, but really, if you are a real Habs fan, I find it hard to believe you could honestly root for Boston. Especially after all that happened between the two teams this year.

But yes, he can root for Boston if he wants. I just don’t get it personally.

• Clay says:

Honestly, I don’t get it either Jan…but this ‘real fan’ shite bothers me just as much. I don’t think it necessary to deride people for choices they make – at least ones that effect no one but themselves.

__________________________

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Clay:

No need to take it so seriously.

I don’t really care if he roots for the Bruins. But I feel I should be allowed to razz him about it since we are on a Habs fan site (even though they took the Habs out of the name).

If he wants to openly root for the Bruins after they eliminated the Habs and their captain almost ripped one of our players’ head off, he should be willing to take some razzing on here.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Mikey is as much a Habs fan as I’m a Scientologist.

• Mattyleg says:

HFS72:
            How’s that spaceship coming along, btw?
            ;)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HabsFanInTampa says:

So if Hamilton had a NHL team and they were playing an original 6 team in the Stanley Cup finals, you would cheer for the original 6 team? Because you’re “old skool”?