Who are you?

Gazette marketing wizard David Klimek sends along this statistical profile of Habs Inside/Out’s 60,000-plus unique visitors.

Note that women, who have edged up toward 50 per cent in previous surveys, are down to 29 per cent. The change is a mystery that cannot be fully explained by Timo’s personality.

Note also that of the 17 per cent whose household incomes exceed $100,000, surprisingly few have offered to send Stubbs, Boone, Hickey and Mio all-expenses-paid to Barbados during the All-Star break.

1. HabsProf says:

Unfortunately, you’ve just described the entire web.  There are trolls everywhere, not just under bridges.

And they do make life less fun for the rest of us.

_____________________________________

They brought their f____ing toys with them!

2. New says:

Your stats are surprisingly close to your targets. Yay. Don’t put your own money into it.

3. badangel says:

less women might have a great deal to do with thos not being a very friendly place for a woman to be… it’s a lil too combatitive and I find some users to be downright crotchety and starting arguments just for the sake of it.

so I am guessing more women are just looking from afar and not wanting to participate anymore.

like myself

4. punkster says:

But it doesn’t have to be this was, does it?

***Subbang!!!***

5. Iceberg84 says:

ha ha, well played.

6. Mike Boone says:

It’s great that women can make multiple visits.

7. VancouverHab says:

Groan.

8. jennifer1984 says:

i’m a woman….love this site. visit it multiple times a day!

9. itpf says:

That is a non scientific poll. If I were an admin at HIO, I wouldn’t base any policy on the results of this polling. I would know because I’m the director of customer relations and propaganda at a very large, profitable oil firm and I make well over 40,000,000$ per year, plus an expense account, and I’m only 25. I got a job right out of University. Just look where a BSc took me!

10. adam76 says:

Look at the amount of people who visit compared to the handful of “regular” posters.

11. Iceberg84 says:

Yep, I seldom post these days because I don’t like getting roped into childish debates with people who aren’t interested in sharing opinions and instead prefer bickering and insulting people they disagree with.

12. adam76 says:

I feel the gender pie chart is a fair representation of women who would be passionate enough about hockey to visit habs inside out.  I think the trolls (those who do personal attracts instead of debating ideas) keep both men and woman form posting.

13. soperman says:

“…not fully explained by Timo’s personality.”?  I would have thought that Timo was a chick magnet.  :o)

14. thebigguy says:

I doubt it’s from the survey, that information is hardly reliable. At a guess, the gazette hires data mining companies who provide a matrix to guage this. Lots of websites do this.

15. jennifer1984 says:

there was a survey a couple of months ago.

16. Iceberg84 says:

Where do those numbers come from? I’ve been a member of this site for a few years now and I’ve never given away that kind of personal information, nor been asked for it.

17. newbrunswick troy says:

With nall this great “negative” coverage of Timo,s dark views of both the world and this team…i,m surprised that the La Presse news paper hasn,t  tried to teach him french….( so he can go work there)

18. misteral says:

You guys get free tickets to every game – and I have to pay for my tickets. I think *you* should be sending *me* to Barbados.

I’ll buy the drinks though :)

19. avatar_58 says:

Great now I have THAT song stuck in my head

20. habitual says:

Ok Mike Boone, and writing compatriots, I’m making the long journey from the west coast to see some Habs games in early Feb.  I won’t send you to the All Star games, but I will buy you (nearly) all you can drink – in one sitting.

So, no All Star company, no warm weather, but … contact if interested.

21. Mattyleg says:

I’m ALWAYS interested in drinking all that I can.

Which is a problem, I imagine. Buuuuuuuut whatever. We’ll see if we can have a mini-summit in Feb.

Pints at least.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

22. mon_chums says:

Does this mean we’re going to see more ads with half naked women on expensive yachts drinking expensive booze?

23. Kooch7800 says:

after watching the game last night and appreciating the effort I have to admit I was fuming at the officiating.

Patrick Kaletta (sp?) needs to be suspended. There is no room in the game for players like him.  Harlpern may have a concussion and it is 100% intentional from Kaletta.  Honestly, I would love to stap on the pads for one game against buffalo and break his freaking legs and end his career.

Didn’t like the push from behind on cammy in a vulnerable position.

The ref’s in the NHL are always bad but last night it was blatently obvious.

Right after Wiz gets run from behind in the third period I knew we would be getting a penalty and sure enough Gomez got one.

The boys battled hard and with a short bench did great but they also had to battle poor officiating as well.

24. SLONCOLD says:

not as bad as the hit on crosby(winter classic one)…. but as all the hockey experts will say… it was a “hockey play” and list 12 other reasosn why cheap hits are alright…

i’m with you though…

25. Gibson Classic says:

Only 17% over 100k.

What about over 200k?

26. Kooch7800 says:

I hear you. I don’t mean to whine about it. I just really hate Kaletta and bad reffing