White, Palushaj to Hamilton

Montreal Canadiens center Ryan White fights Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk during the first period of NHL hockey play in Montreal
The Canadiens did not practice Monday.
But the team announced Ryan White – out of the lineup since training camp – would be going to Hamilton on a conditioning stint.
And Aaron Palushaj has been returned to the Bulldogs.

The moves suggest Travis Moen – whose name keeps showing up in trade rumours – will be good to go against Pittsburgh Tuesday night.

1. steve17 says:

I have just read Dave Stubbs article about Gomez. I was, and am of the mind that since the Habs are not built to be stanley cup contenders, they should trade the UFA’s and some RFA’s for whatever they can get at the deadline when their value may never be higher. I have also said that the Habs should trade Plekanec sisnce Eller and Desharnais are progressing so well. The other player I have thrown in that group is Kostitsyn. He is still underachieveing in a contract year and over his career has been inconsistent. After reading the article, I still think it may be better for the long term growth of the team, but for the short term, based on what Gomez has said, it may hurt a bit. We, the fans see what happens on the ice, we are not in the dressing room and chemistry is as important as the type of player and skill. I do think that over all, the Habs would be better off trading Plekanec for a prospect Like Kyle Beach in Chicago. Having said that, Anaheim will be losing Koivu and Selanne after this season and they already have size. Trading Plekanec and Kostitsyn for Bobby Ryan. Anaheim gets a strong 2nd line centre and replaces Ryan on the wing. They have Etem who may be ready next season. I would throw in Weber if Anaheim would throw in Maroon. I would prefer the Habs sign Moen, but if the Sharks are that interested, make them send Petrecki in return, Montreal does not have a defenceman like him, with the exception of Tinordi, naturally mean on the ice with size. Petrecki is the same age as Subban, was a first round pick and shoots left. He would compliment Subban and give Montreal a strong pairing for the future. Beaulieu and Ellis will probably make a great pairing in the not too distant future. With Ryan on the top 2 lines, the Habs would have more size and scoring. Pacman DD Cole, Bourque, Eller, Ryan. Moen, LeBlanc and Pulashaj, Darche, White, Blunden. I would rather send Gill and Camploi to San Jose, or Gill and Nokelainen.

Habfan17

2. jonnyp says:

I say moen gone by end of the week !!

3. club_de_hockey says:

re: conditioning assignment

I never knew that! Thanks for clearing that up;)

4. club_de_hockey says:

Isn’t Ryan White signed to a one-way contract? Doesn’t he need to clear waivers either way? (having trouble finding this info on my phone, and my Google skills just suck in general)

5. CMAC1978 says:

@ aemarchand11: I doubt that PG has the smarts to pick-up Stewart. A player who would help the Habs now and for the next few years. He, White and Blunden would be a nice 4th.

I have a bad feeling that he is going to trade prospects and maybe even a pick(maybe not our first) for a “viable” NHL player to help us make the playoffs… he’s in dream land.

We should take Zach Hamil off the Bruins, they put him on waivers too. Would be a good asset to have in Hamilton.

• nellis13 says:

4th line? Ryan White’s a top 6 forward on this team! I agree PG’s a liability. The game plan’s been to trade for guys that used to be good. He’s probably taking to Mario right now trying to get 87 in a CH jersey.

• roady says:

I wouldn’t let that idiot do a damn thing….Mr. Molson……..paleeeeeze…

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

• thorandresson says:

Great point, like wise, none of the other 29 GMs in the league had the smarts to pick up Stewart either, hmmm perhaps they should all be fired and replaced by H/O posters who obviously know a lot more about hockey…

6. FlyingFrenchie says:

The water just broke on this story in Le French Toast.
    Before continuing I would like to apologize…
    This article has been translated from French to Farsi then English
    so some words may be seem out of place.
    According to beat writer Jack Toddler, inside sources at Kamasutra body massage, have told him that the next coach of the Montreal Canadiens will be Mr. Louie Laboe.
    Louie has been toiling in the old Prison League of Eastern Prussia, since the closing of the steel curtain in Pittsburgh.
    As Jack wisely points out, Louie speaks fluent French
    and has absolutely no knowledge of hockey.
    Which makes him the perfect candidate to hold hands
    with our most respected and excellent General Mangler
    Pierre Goaway.
    According to Jack…Players will love Louie.
    Not only does he award jelly beans after
    every good sh-t (shift)….
    He makes the best apple strudel this side of Dusseldorf.

7. bleedhabs81 says:

Sorry, I should have posted this yesterday. Really, this has no place in todays forum, but any chance to pat Carey on the back.

This one is for Dorval.

If Halak was playing yesterday, the score would have been Habs (3) Jets (-2), right? Because Price sucks… right? right?

Naysayers be damned.

8. Habitant in Surrey says:

…” Are you becoming embarrassed to be a Canadiens fan ?”
    …what a pathetic question

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

9. Rad says:

If we can somehow land Filip Forsberg in June, we’ll be set. Grigor and Yaku are out of our reach.

• nellis13 says:

i disagree. i think we’re bad enough to have a decent shot at the 1st pick.

• roady says:

bingo….one bad team in transition to something better. I look down the road a couple years and we’re gonna be aweright man

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

• HabFan in Edmonton says:

I totally agree about Forsberg, he is a phenomenal talent and Habs have taken defenceman with their last 2 first round picks. I assume Columbus will take Yakupov but they may be a little gun shy about taking Russians as Zherdev and Filitov were complete busts.

10. aemarchand11 says:

Habs have to pick up Anthony Stewart off waivers if hes available.

Cheap, Big and a checker. I like Blunden, but stewart can also handle himself physically. If we lose Moen, hes a guy I think would do a good job.

Stewart – Moen – White or
    Stewart – White – Blunden

11. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Plekanecs = this generations Guy Carbonneau
    …did any of You old enough to remember Guy Carbonneau want to trade Him back in the day ?
    …Pleks is at most a second or third line centre on a very good team, at least one with Cup aspirations …but He is the biggest reason We have the number one PK % in the NHL …the goals He prevents + the goals he scores (20 to 30) = one Damn Good asset anyOne with any common sense would NOT trade

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

12. habs17 says:

so i guess every1 wants to buy out gomez except me the guy is a winner
    I support Scott Gomez

13. tbovs says:

Friggin Darche

I swear if he ever makes a good pass I would die. He can’t put puck to tape if he tried. His hockey IQ is about the same IQ my cat has … deleted

It frustrates me watching him with Plecks and on the PP. I know why they put him there because of the need for someone to bang and dig but they need someone who can do that and have a bit of hockey sense to keep plays alive and pass the puck. Moen has good hockey sense. Noki has good hockey sense. Same with Blunden. Darche…not so much (see cat reference above).

Also for those who say don’t trade Plecks and we are all idiots for saying this. Well, almost but not quite. He can net you a return better than that of anyone on the team except Pk and Price. I still say trade Plecks, Gionta, AK that would leave you with DD and Eller as your top two centres and LL as number 3 and Noki as number 4. For a return on the trade you need to get two top six wingers to compliment MP and EC. That would be my plan or keep plecks and trade eller or DD and get what you can but it won’t yeild the same as plecks.

• Bripro says:

I can’t say that I disagree regarding Darche’s abilities, or lack thereof.
      However, I can’t agree with his hockey IQ. He has it. His problem is exactly that, a lack of natural ability.
      However, considering the talent of other sleepers on the team, I don’t think anyone will dispute his showing up for every game.
      Getting into the corners, knocking some bodies around and generally disrupting is an essential part of any successful line, and he certainly tries his best.
      I’ll give you, if he had (for instance) AK’s abilities, he’d be top 10 in the NHL. If he had AK’s abilities, DD’s vision, he’d be top 5.
      His heart and dedication are worth something, and for all of those who say: “I don’t understand why he’s in the NHL.”, I say, that’s probably why he’s there and you’re not.

• roady says:

Math Darche the new spokesman for the french media and MaxPac….put him in Hamilton and give him the C . He’s not an NHL’er, he never was ,never should have been, and he won’t be next year. Having this slug playing 18 to 20 minutes a game when they say they are trying to make the playoffs is bull and they are not showcasing him, they are tanking…very slick PG….that is a sick joke..Mathieu Darche…ppfffttt !!

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

• Habtastic says:

For a second I thought you were dissing Pacioretty…
        As annoying as Darche is, this season he’s been pretty useful where others have done squat. If only he could finish. He’s not bad at creating turnovers and being physical. Again, if only he could finish.

————–
        The Drive for 25

• boing007 says:

Metropolit was better than Darche. So was Dandenault. Moore certainly was. Even Kostopoulos.

Richard R

14. Habitant in Surrey says:

… “Goon”: http://sbn.to/yADiS8

…for anyOne yet to watch it, give some time to watch Andrew Berkshire’s interview of Jay Baruchel, Director and scriptwriter of the new movie goon

…being an ex-NDG boy Myself and died-in-the-wool Habs’ Fan, I found the interview riveting …the ‘star’ was Jay …I related in so many ways to His journey (although My own much longer) as a Habs’ Fan and a Montrealaise

…agreed with His opinions that Bob Gainey brought more good to Our Team than many given Him credit for today …agree Patrick Roy as Our next Coach will add great interest and passion …agree Our Team does not need to suck for 3 or more years to rebuild (though We must take max advantage of this year’s draft), with 3 to 4 critical pieces We have a damn good Team

…anyhow, congrats to The Berkshire Cat for an excellent and fascinating interview for We Habiholics :)

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

15. habs17 says:

sad to hear about this, i just played there the night before Prayers to family
    I support Scott Gomez

16. kirkiswork says:

The business of hockey is to win the Stanley cup. The business of the Canadiens is to bow to the media.
    If you want to win the cup you must have the best minds coaching and the best players playing. Not just the best french minds and best french players. No one wants to play here unless we overpay them, that is how we ended up with the smurfs.
    That didn’t work out to well did it.
    Hope Mr. Molson puts his foot down and just hires the best available personnel. On and off the ice.

• CalgaryHab says:

Completely agree.
      We aren’t far away as people think. A couple of decent moves and the future is bright. What scares me is PG making the decisions and the organization bowing to media and special interest groups. If Gauthier is still at the helm for much longer it will be more than just one dark year.

• roady says:

the best available frenchman

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

Lindy Ruff had a collision with player in practise today and was taken to hospital for observation.

• RGM says:

Boo-freaking-hoo. A D-man went to make a hit, and when Wheller challenged the D-man to a fight, he lost.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
      “Scott Gomez, a potential Hall of Fame player, has two Stanley Cup rings and a Calder Trophy that says ‘I’m a player whom any authentic NHL coach will rely on to fix a game problem.’” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• Kooch7800 says:

Wheeler is just PO’d that he couldn’t beat up a non fighter. PK didn’t jump him. Wheeler was dangling his gloves while looking at PK. It even looked like PK asked if they were going to take their helmets off and Wheeler declined.
      Wheeler is just being a baby.

• nellis13 says:

watch the replay. wheeler’s full of deleted.

• Boomer says:

wheeler made a motion with his gloves, pk looked at him made a motion with his and they fought… wheeler is full of it

Boom baby!

18. Bripro says:

OK, let’s get a few things straight here.
    For all of you Pleks traders, traitors!
    And for all of you hoping for Nash, add it to your bucket list and hope it might happen in this lifetime, ’cause it ain’t! So stop dreaming!

19. The Dude says:

Grab the Goat by the throat and take him away by boat and lets climb out of this moat !

20. habfan53 says:

With regards to trading Plekanecs the only way I would do it would be part of a package to get a 1st line centre like a Ryan Getzlaff or a Jeff Carter.
    I like Pleks but he is a 2nd line centre much like Saku was both were pushed into the number one slot

to paraphrase Nixon: If the Bruins do it, it is not illegal

So Brady’s wife not so happy with the receivers after the game yesterday.

22. habs001 says:

plecks will be back next season ..you need players like him when you become a cup contender but not as your first line centre

23. manu07 says:

If you are PG who do you want To go after more, Getzlaf, Carter or Nash? I say whichever team wants less. And for me Carter I don’t see being a great fit here in MTL

• habs17 says:

NASH!!!!!!!!!!

I support Scott Gomez

• Bripro says:

I would say, given where they are currently, the Habs won’t be trading up, but rather ridding themselves of UFA’s.
      That would mean Gill and Moen, to teams who want to contend deep into the playoffs.
      I would also hope they try to ride themselves of Kaberle and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Bourque is also gone by the trade deadline.
      If they’re going to rebuild, look for high draft choices, not elite players.

• Lizardking89 says:

Agreed. I don’t think we have enough assets to go after an elite player anyways unless they trade Price and/or Subban. Out of that list though I’d prefer Nash. The guy is a beast and someone you really build a team around.

• SmartDog says:

PG doesn’t have the skill to pick up one of these guys without losing his shirt (and half our best prospects with it). So none.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

24. manu07 says:

Molson could negotiate GM jobs with people who are not existing GMs. I’m sure he has discussed this position with PMcG. Only because I don’t see how a guy like him gets a shot at GM after being out of hockey for so long and working for tsn and NBC. I think this rumor started because discussions have happened already.

25. manu07 says:

If PG is smart. He will try to get rid of Kaberle an Gomez 1st. No need for excess baggage. The. Trade Gill and Moen to contenders for picks. And finally try to get a Big center. For pleck. Obviously package these deals up I am not a fan of trading a high draft choice which we will clearly be getting this year. I think in most cases top 5 picks tend to work out.

• Habfan10912 says:

I don’t think there should be a rush to trade Pleks. He’s having a subpar season for sure but don’t you think his value will be just as high later. Gill and Kabrele should be moved now to a contender looking to tweek their roster for a play-off run. Gonna be fun to watch though, isn’t it?

Agree Jim, there is no reason for this team to start rushing to trade a player of Plex’s value to this team. There are small parts which can be made in the next 3 weeks, but big organizational trades can wait for the summer when either the New GM or current GM know that they are working with the team for the longhaul.

• Mustang says:

Just wondering who you think may be interested in taking Gomez and Kaberle?

26. habs17 says:

could not agree more with the poster below saying darche is not nhl caliber completley agree

I support Scott Gomez

• Les Canayens says:

He’s worse than any token 4th line Québécois in the past. At least Bégin was physical and skated faster. Even Patrick Poulin had 10 goals seasons.

In fact worse than any 4th liners all nationalities included.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
      ❝ I can’t really hear what Jeremy says, because I’ve got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears.❞

• jmsheehy19 says:

He had 12 goals last year.

Darche isn’t great, and he likely won’t be back next season, but the hatred for him here is irrational.

We are not in 14th place because of a hard working, low producing 4th liner.

• Les Canayens says:

True that.

However I think it has less to do with the standing, but rather we are paying NHL money to see a non-NHL caliber player stumbling among other potentially better and more entertaining 4th liners.

Looking at most other teams there are hardly any marginal players whose have Darchism skills level.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

• jmsheehy19 says:

Disagree on that. 4th line wingers on most teams are there to either play the PK and work hard with minimal minutes (Darche) or to smash heads. Sometimes you’ll get a young guy that is trying to prove his way onto the team, but mostly it’s those two type of players.

• RGM says:

It all stems back to the time that people thought he was Martin’s pet or some nonsense like that. People here are funny – they lament the departure of completely replaceable people like Dominic Moore and other 4th liners, but hate the ones that are here and contributing much more than one would really expect out of a guy making the League minimum.

———————–
          GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• Kooch7800 says:

Darche has 3 goals…..Gomez has…..

27. manu07 says:

I agree. I really Hope PG goes. And I don’t want him handling deadline deals. But realistically I think the season ends like this. With PG at the helm and RC coaching. Reevaluate in the summer I guess…scary!

28. manu07 says:

Also, bruins are stacked pretty high. Tough roster to crack permanently so it’s not like we are takin someone else’s scraps. He would probably make any of the other teams in the NHL besides Boston who clearly looks for a certain type of player

29. habs001 says:

The team i believe still has not made the decision on gomez..i dont think they have decided if he is back next year or not…this decision will have a huge impact on the make up of the teams lineup next season…

• shiram says:

It’s interesting to see him getting less and less TOi, from 15:30, to 10:30 last game, but they still trot him out on the PP anyways.
      I think he is gone after this season, the deals made so far seems to indicate this to me, but I could be wrong.

30. manu07 says:

Boston put Zach Hamill on waivers. Maybe he would be a cheap decent 4th line centre. He was a decent draft pick and doesn’t cost much.

• habfan53 says:

We don’t need a 4th line centre for the rest of the season. Or going into next season.
      We have Plekanecs, Desharnais both 2nd line centres, Eller who is a 3rd and probably a second liner next year and Nokeleinen for the next 30 games. As for next year I would like to drop in Bournival 6′ 190lbs and still filling out.

to paraphrase Nixon: If the Bruins do it, it is not illegal

31. blu_blanc_rouge says:

Burlingtonhab… The immediate replacement would be some one who is presently invoked in the league…surely Molson has spoken to some potential candidates already, you would think..
    Look at gauthier’s trading record. Do you want him to make an even bigger mess?

Okay, I agree that the replacement is probably under contract elsewhere in the league. Therefore he would not be available until the offseason. Clearly this team is not making the playoffs and an opportunity will be available for this team to sell some assets to further develop the team. Someone has to be in place now to take advantage of this.

PG’s problems as a GM I think are as follows:
      The Markov Signing – However, I did like the idea of signing him thinking he would be fine this year, but he isn’t and that is on PG.
      Big Physical Dman – Needed to sign someone in the offseason, waited too long and picked up Campoli who has done little to nothing to help
      Needed to address 4th Line – Again waited to long and we endup with the Nokia Cell Phone, who has neither hurt nor helped the team.

Most every other move he has made I am okay with.

Oh yah, his other big fault was being too loyal to JM and sticking with him too long.

BUt I think he is a capable trader of assets, and given there is no clear capable replacement available now, he has the job until the offseason.

• shiram says:

Emelin is a somewhat big physical Dman.

I agree Shiram, and PK has good physicality, and while Gill doesn’t lay people out “per se” with big hits he provides strength. That said, Diaz, Kaberle, Campoli, Weber offer zero strength.

Gorges is unique in that he is unafraid of virtually any situation, but he also will not put fear into forwards forechecking etc…

I love Emelin and he is an absolute keeper as he gets more accustomed to North America. But another big boy in the back would have been nice, and appreciated by Price and others on the team.

• mdp2011 says:

“The immediate replacement would be someone who is presently invoked in the league”, that means they already have a job and are under contract with another team. Molson can’t speak to potential candidates who are under contract to another organization, unless they have permission to do so. It is extremely rare that an organization gives permission to talk to an assistant GM during the season, these things are normally done after the season is over.

32. Interview with Montreal’s own Jay Baruchel about how hockey impacted his life and career, his love of the Habs and his new movie “Goon”: http://sbn.to/yADiS8

______________________________

33. blu_blanc_rouge says:

If the Habs pick in the top five in this year’s draft, I would try trading that pick to Florida for Huberdeau.

34. blu_blanc_rouge says:

Today should be the day to take out the broom… Mr Gauthier your fired!! Gainey clean out office!
    Gainey:
    your a dark cloud to this organization and you are largely responsible for bringing this team to it’s knees and making it a laughing stock. I liked you as a player, but you are incapable of running a ‘professional’ sports team

And who was/is the capable replacement that takes over immediately? I am not a huge or big supporter of PG, but to make the ship completely rudderless as opposed to having a Ship Captain who only drinks when reviewing medical reports of Russian Defencemen but otherwise seems somewhat sober seems a bit more reckless.

• G-Man says:

Calling Gainey a dark cloud? I guess the horrendous management prior to his arrival was what, a bleeping hurricane?

• gismo111 says:

That is right!!! Why is it taking so long for Molson to realize that?
      Ever since Tremblay and companie ( Houle) …… we haven’t had a competitive team on the ice. Everybody is saying about this and that player being replaceable, i agree but i do know for sure that there must be someone out there who can put a better team than those 2 clowns. Always will be a Habs fan but i can’t stand to watch that bunch of losers anymore

35. manu07 says:

PG is a moron. For Nash he will send plecs Ak pK an a 1st rounder for Nash. Which is to much for Nash.

• jmsheehy19 says:

Your like a modern day Nostradamus.

• RGM says:

Did you just come back from a farm or something? Because you may want to try packing a little more straw into the man of that argument.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

36. Chuck says:

Gomez and our 1st-rounder (potentially #2 overall) to Columbus for Nash. Gomez is $150k cheaper, an most importantly, has only one year left on his contract (Nash has 5), which Nashville could bury in the minors should they choose.

This is a reverse-Rangers trade scenario. You’re welcome.

• Les Canayens says:

Gomez’s contract expires in summer 2014.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

• Bripro says:

“You’re welcome”….for what?
      Pie in the sky?

• Chuck says:

But it’s tasty pie! ;)

We talking Pizza Pie or Dessert Pie here? I like Nash, I think he could be exactly what we need, but I always wonder if he truly would be that franchise player and would he be able to take the pressure in Montreal.

There has to be a reason that he has enjoyed playing in Columbus until now and signed that huge long extension. I am always conerned when a guy seems to be happy to play long term for an organization that seems to be destined for non playoff action.

• Habs_101 says:

In my opinion, this years habs two has three glaring holes;

Need a first line center, big fourth line center 2-3 dman.

If there were priorities, my first wouldn’t be targetting Nash, we have actually gotten much bigger on the wings in the last year or so, the guy I would target out of Columbus would be Jeff Carter, Blue Jackets are rumored to be willing to part with IF they get a similar package that they gave up… to me the habs are very compatible. I would suggest Pleks + Weber (or a good prospect) + 2nd/3rd to CLB, for Carter + 4th. Why would Columbus do this? Another chance at a potential center for Nash, EXCELLENT PK player which they need, cheaper, shorter contract, and get additional prospects picks. Why montreal makes this trade, big center outside of this season a perenial 30-30 guy.

The other player who is a UFA I would target is Taylor Pyatt, big strong winger, 15-15 type guy.

And to fill the role on D, i would target any of Sarich, Carle or Suter. With the addition of one of them and Markov its a fastly improved D corps.

potential 2012-2013 season;

Bourque – Carter – Gionta
      Pacioretty- Desharnais – Cole
      Pyatt- Eller – Kostitsyn
      Moen – Leblanc – White

Markov – Emelin
      Gorges – Subban
      Sarich/Carle/Suter- Kaberle
      Diaz

Just my thoughts, I guess that leaves Gomez, Gill gone in the offseason one way or another and Weber Pleks in the trade!

Cheers!
      GO HABS GO!

37. FlyingFrenchie says:

Forget B.G & P.G running this show.
    We need someone with an iron fist,
    A person who can strike fear of bodily harm
    into Scott Gomez
    Someone who makes Jack Todd break out in hives.
    There is only one person for this job.
    JUDGE JUDY!
    Your Montreal Canadien’s -2012
    The stories are real
    The people are real.
    The managements a joke.

38. fuhgawz says:

Aaron Palushaj being sent down and we continue to play Darche — fine he had an OK game against the Jets but please … we have BETTER options Aaron being one. Darche SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING THE MAN IS A HORRIBLE HOCKEY PLAYER

• RGM says:

Still has more goals than Gomez.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• jedimyrmidon says:

Darche is good on the PK (one of the only things thhe Habs have excelled at this season) and is alright on the 4th line. Yeah, I know, he missed an open net yesterday, but he and Plekanec are pretty good at creating shorthanded chances. And the Habs need a 4th line. Palushaj isn’t a 4th line player.

• fuhgawz says:

either is Darche — he doesnt belong in the NHL – you know that. 4th should be made of guys that can crash and bang … nothing that Darche can do. Basically he is a poor skating plug who should be in the AHL and would be if on any oter team.

• sublime19 says:

darche is fine, he does great as a 4th liner and makes few mistakes. is he replaceable? absolutely but he is by no means horrible, he has earned his place.

I don’t want a signature

39. chanchilla says:

also, why is it limited to travis moen returning? if leblanc is still up couldnt this just mean that blundens good to go?

40. WindsorHab-10 says:

My question is to Mr Mike Boone. A lot of things bother me about this season and with the trade deadline fast approaching, is the team planning on keeping Pierre Gauthier?
    If not, keeping him to handle trades does not make any sense. Sure the Eric Cole signing was fantastic but the rest of his moves have killed & sank this team. Just wondering.

41. chanchilla says:

doesnt this mean white can be picked up on waivers upon being recalled to the habs?

42. SmartDog says:

Okay, several people on the other thread made good points about why we may not see another GM now. The most significant being that the guys we would most want to hire are probably getting ready for playoffs now. Good point.

But you have to assume Gauthier is on a short leash and can’t do much without approval.. but from whom? From Gainey? That’s laughable given that his master plan was a total bust. From Molson? Molson’s a beer guy NOT a hockey guy. (He must’ve approved the Kaberle trade right?)

So basically we are screwed. A lame duck GM with advisors who obviously are willing to make the same short-sighted, stupid “hail Mary” trades PG has made. Every time the team seems to have opportunity to take a step forward, we seem to take a step back. I believe in our potential. Sure some of this came from some pretty good trades, but a lot of it was home grown for once too. What I don’t believe is that the morons with their collective hands in the cookie jar will not only be unable to do something positive like trade away Gomez or Kaberle to someone desperate but they also can’t keep from doing something STUPID to make things worse. I’m expecting either a) another lousy contract to come our way or b) the team to trade AK46 and Moen for little value – two guys who should be resigned if there isn’t a lot to be gotten in return. But this is still the Gainey regime right? We don’t sign people mid-season… well, unless it’s to correct a major fack-up we made last summer… and then we’ll overpay in apology.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• shiram says:

Gorges might have a a few hundred k’s more than market value, but not much more.
      He leads the league in blocked shot, is a key piece in the Habs PP (first in the league), faces top line opposition each game.
      Sure it’s a bit much for a D you can’t expect to have more than 15 or so points, but he is a very useful player moving forward.
      They screwed up by not signing for term this summer, for sure.

• powdered toastmann says:

Sure hope you’re wrong intelli-mutt.

43. SmartDog says:

I don’t want to hear about the players. I want to hear about our new General Manager.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• nellis13 says:

…and a real coach

• SmartDog says:

I kind of like Cunneyworth, but regardless, there’s no urgency for the coaching position. We’re done for this year. Even if RC doesn’t stay, he’s at least ‘okay’ and the players seem to like and respect him so it makes sense to let him ride things out the rest of the year while seeing what the younger call-ups can do etc. That’s really what this year is about now – trying out guys like Leblanc etc. to prep them for next year.

————————————-
        Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

So White sent to Hamilton and they have a game tomorrow at 10am with the theme being School Day. Can’t imagine how amped up Ryan will be to have his first game back be at 10am on a weekday.

• Bripro says:

Hey Gerry.
      Congrats on the G’s win yesterday.
      As close and low scoring as I thought it would be.
      Unfortunately, my second favourite team beat my first…
      I still made money on the quarterly draws, so I’m good.

• SmartDog says:

It was a good game except for those dropped balls on that last drive. Oy! I mean, they weren’t all easy, one was tipped, but oy! Tough way to go down.

————————————-
        Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

Hey I do have to admit Bri, that Giants are by no way my favourite team, but there are 2 teams I cannot stand and Pats are one of them, thus my motivation to cheer so hard for the Gmen. Game was good not great in my opinion, but finish was exciting.

45. HabsPEI31 says:

Oye. Don’t go posting a new thread, we haven’t finished discussing the last one!

“Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through.” – Jacques Plante

46. RGM says:

I made a wild and baseless statement on the Internet once. It’s fun eh?

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

47. jmsheehy19 says:

He’s coming back faster to play more games with the team… Because he doesn’t want to play any more games with the team?

So to summarize, you have stopped watching games, you have inside information guaranteeing that the Habs will make desperate franchise sinking moves in a last ditch effort to make playoffs and have an upset tummy.

Perhaps some Ex-Lax and clean out your system is in order?

49. G-Man says:

You must use Orwellian double-think. Figure it as losing is actually winning (you’ve been saying this kind of thing for about a year, so you should be conditioned by now). Then again, you are completely anti-management so every time a player makes an error you can foist it off on them (PG and BG). This way you can cheer for the team on the ice, but not the suits running the thing. Good luck!

50. shiram says:

You’ve been complaining about the team losing for as long as I can recall, I would not say you can stomach the team losing.

51. HabFanSince72 says:

If they win – be happy they won.

If they lose – be happy they are closer to a top 2 pick.

Win win.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

52. shiram says:

Come on HH, after evey loss you’d come on here and make a greatly detailled and well written post about what is wrong with the Habs, and how you have all the information on how to fix all that is wrong with the team.
    Wether it was the center situation, Gomez, the lack of size and grit or whatever.
    So I say my claim still stands, you can’t stomach the Habs losing.

53. shiram says:

I’m talking about more than just this season.