White knuckles in Beantown

4840581

Photo by Steve Nesius/Reuters

You just never know what might happen in a seventh game.
Maybe Guy Boucher and the Lightning will pull off an upset.

Bruce Arthur’s game story

Julien whines about special teams

Big Three deliver

• Pat Hickey on Quebec kids and U.S. college hockey

Trevor Linden on the Canucks

Bieksa’s value soars

• Yvon Pedneault on Patrick Roy

1. issie74 says:

JF I said the same thing after watching the game.When Roloson is on he looks unbeatable but when he’s off he is brutal,and that has been his mo through his whole career.

2. punkster says:

Hey, HH. It’s getting old. Your repeated complaints are starting to sound like your tanking campaign of last season. We get the point. Habs not big enough. Habs not tough enough. We get it already. And most agree. We just get tired of the repetitiveness.

Now take this with a grain of salt. It’s meant for a bit of humour, a bit of fun. Don’t read too much into this. Don’t be overly sensitive. Don’t flip out. ;) ;) ;) Smiley faces all around.

I’m HardHabits the 1st I am,
    HardHabits the 1st I am, I am,
    I want size and grit and so much more,
    I go on and on and make you snore,
    And every Hab is a little lamb (little lamb),
    And no one on this storied team has jam (no jam)
    I’m the 1st HardHabits to give a damn,
    HardHabits the 1st I am.

Second verse, same as the first…

***Subbang Baby!!!***

Hilarious and I love it.

Dude! You above all people should know I don’t take myself too seriously.

Nevertheless. Size and grit. Size and grit. Size and grit. Size and grit. Size and grit. More scoring, and an #1 centre. Size and grit. Size and grit. Size and grit.

No need for the smiley.

Besides. A few posters asked for a return of the old HH. I had to change it up a bit. It wasn’t about the tanking per se. It was the scathingly honest evaluations tinged with clever witticisms and sarcasm that were my trademark. And the repetition, philosophizing with a hammer if you will, beating the dead horse until it becomes glue and sticks in the backs of every-one’s minds not un-like some catchy candy ass melody. Once the team is assembled I just might return to the new HH which will parley into comforting reassurances for the faint of heart.

Until then, what doesn’t kill the commentariat, only makes them stronger! ;-)

You included Mr. Deluded. :-P

3. SeriousFan09 says:

Canadiens sign a third player from their 2009 Draft class, 3rd-round selection 6’2″ Joonas Nattinen, a 3-time player for the Finnish World Junior team, their faceoff specialist and with 4G, 6A career.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

• Favorite Son says:

Is he known as a scorer? Or is this another Engqvist that’s awesome on “both sides of the ice”?

• SeriousFan09 says:

Not a scorer really (otherwise he’d go higher in the draft) but a top-notch work ethic and size, could be a solid 3rd-line centre down the line.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
        SF09 on Twitter

• issie74 says:

I am not convinced where you go in the draft is any indication of where you will end up,I watched Hedman all year…and I personally think that P.K was much better (mistakes and all) and everyone knows Hedman was highly touted by all the scouts and that dosen’t mean he will not be the better player in the end but he isin’t right now.The draft order dosen’t always prove correct,look at Perry and Getzlaff,all Knights fans thought differently than the experts.

• pat s says:

and if subban played for tampa nd hedman played for montreal you would say hedman played better

• issie74 says:

I would still say Subban but you don’t have to take my word for it…ask Nick Lidstrom about Subban.

• pat s says:

ok–i’ll ask him when he calls me tonight, but i guess if yzerman or any other player in the league disagree they will be all wrong

subban has all the talent in the world but he plays for himself not the montreal canadians–i mist maybe 3 games this year and there is no doubt in my mind about that

• SeriousFan09 says:

Horse****.

If Subban played for himself, he’d never had changed his game to improve defensively the way he did this season and take on responsibilites in all roles. Players who are about themselves and not the team don’t do those sorts of things.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
            SF09 on Twitter

• issie74 says:

Pat…just google Lidstrom on Subban.

• jew4jah says:

he was drafted as a centre, but is now a defenseman.

chara = חרה

• Sean Bonjovi says:

“a top-notch work” Because he’s Finnish?

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

• HardHabits says:

More like another Engqvist. However players like Engqvist and Nattinen would IMO replace needs that players like Moore and Halpern have provided in the past, with added, wait for it….. you know it’s coming….. size and grit!

• ooder says:

wasn’t he injured for a long time… and do you know if he has any offensive talent?

——————
      Gomez: 36 and counting!

• Hobie Hansen says:

Nattinen seems to get decent reviews all around. Seems as though he’s less valuable or productive version of Eller though.
      Always good to have players like this guy in the organization but i can’t see their being any room for him on the roster with Plekanec-Gomez-Eller-Desharnais at the center position currently…
      Maybe down the road…

4. issie74 says:

Nattinen signs a three year contract with the Habs.YES!!!

• shiram says:

Another big center, interesting, 6’2” and 187 pounds, he’ll most likely need to fill up, but you have to appreciate these small moves.

• LA Loyalist says:

… and we’re adding depth. For injuries, for trades, something that has been sorely lacking around here for many years.

• issie74 says:

To the contrary he is a draft pick.This is just another pick for the organization that had nothing when the Gillette family bought the team and hired Gainey.The team was in ruins and they built a farm system,which posters on this page seem to be unaware of.

5. Mattyleg says:

So this means that despite all the ‘Boucher is Saviour’ talk, the Lightning are at least as good as the Habs.
    Let’s see if they can go one better, now.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t remember anyone saying Boucher was a saviour.

He’s a rare talent – and everyone knew that already when he was in Drummondville.

• Mattyleg says:

Okay, so you’re picking an argument with me.
        (sigh)
        You don’t think that there is an undue amount of worship for Boucher from certain posters on this site? I mean beyond the respect for a ‘rare talent’? I think he’s a good coach. You think he’s a good coach. I disagree with the superhero status that some people on this site give him.

Geez. This site is turning into ‘argument central’ for the chronically disgruntled.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HardHabits says:

Really. You have the audacity to say the TBL are almost as good as the Habs when they are one win away from the SCF and the Habs are playing golf. Sorry that this site doesn’t placate your feelings.

• HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t think there is anything resembling “worship”, no.

• LA Loyalist says:

Let’s look at the views of Boucher:

1. What he’s accomplished and how he’s accomplished it.
          2. His team is still playing, while genius JM is, well, I don’t know what he’s doing.
          3. I will admit that some of the attraction of Boucher is by way of contrast with JM, both personally and in hockey style. The guy has accomplished more with Tampa in one year than JM has in the last two years, would you not say? And for all of you who say “well he has Vinnie, St. Louis and Stamkos” – well – we have Price, PK and Cammi and we’re still playing golf — and he’s turned Steve Downey into a valuable hockey player – and MAB is contributing.
          4. Lost opportunity cost: Boucher isn’t doing this in Hamilton. He’s doing it in the NHL and not for us.
          5. I’m willing to admit a bias not personally against JM but because I HATE the prevent defense, I hate it in football and I hate it in hockey more. I think it’s stupid and it rarely works and I have no idea while people keep doing it.

Boucher is the future. JM is the past. Where do you want to be?

• Sean Bonjovi says:

“he’s turned Steve Downey into a valuable hockey player”
            Somebody wrote this yesterday too. Steve Downie had a good year last year for Rick Tocchet.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

6. Clay says:

If Tampa wins, I’m not sure how it qualifies as an upset Boone. The teams shared IDENTICAL regular season stats.
    GP W L OT PTS
    82 46 25 11 103
    That is the record for both teams…

__________________________
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

7. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

‘You just never know what might happen in a seventh game.
    Maybe Guy Boucher and the Lightning will pull off an upset.’

Really Boone, an upset? Is that because of the seedings? Coming back from 3-2? Honestly, I believe TB is the better team, But at this point I wouldn’t consider it an upset for either team winning.

8. Thomas Le Fan says:

Either way, I ‘m pulling for the winner of this series. EVEN if I have to hold my nose and pull for the B’s. I just really hate listening to … Henrik to Daniel back to Henrik over to Ryan-ee, back to Kevie over to Raffi-ie! Blech on bush league announcers, creepy guys who dress alike, green men and Nucks fans! Go Bolts!

• 123456 says:

You must have missed the video from game 2 in Vancouver. . . Gotta be a Nucks supporter now.

• Jim Edson says:

You are not alone!

Canada’s team? Yeccch!

More Canadians playing for San Jose!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

9. joshua94k says:

Martin St. Louis played a great game last night. Another example of a small forward playing bigger than so-called big forwards. It goes to show that size and toughness may be important but you cannot overlook speed, quickness and heart. I’d take a St. Louis, Gionta and Cammalleri any day over the over-rated big forwards (except Ovechkin) of the Flyers and Capitals who failed to compete in this years play-offs.

These guys have heart, show up for the big games and never give up. Look at Desharnais, when everyone gave up on him, he proved he could play in this league.

• HardHabits says:

I touted DD as having NHL potential for a long while and was one of the 1st here to do so.

As per MSL without a doubt he is an elite forward, however the TBL are not a small team.

Check their roster versus the Habs one:

Small players can be an integral part of a championship team. However small teams IMO cannot be champions in the NHL.

The Habs are a small team and until they get players like Ryan Malone and Vinnie Lecavalier, as the Lightning have, the Habs will invariably be on the outside looking in.

With Desharnais, Cammalleri and Gionta on the Habs, surrounded by either big players who are soft or other smallish and soft forwards you have a recipe for a play-off ouster.

These smaller players need to be insulated and supported by larger crash and bang forwards and by a defense corps that can bring the pain when the opposition tries to get into the Habs dirty zone. That’s hockey.

As it stands the Habs have too many smurfs on the ice.

• HabFanSince72 says:

HH – you forgot to mention grit.

• shiram says:

Really HH? The habs have short players, and you think they can’t make the it to the cup? If it were not for the fact that you post this same statement numerous time each and every day, well I would not have been aware of your opinion!

• HardHabits says:

Joshua is trying to claim that the Habs would be better with the current line up and adding MSL. That’s preposterous. As long as people tout that garbage I will refute it. STFU.

• shiram says:

Adding MSL would help the team, that’s an opinion I share for sure.
            It might not solve the issues you bring about size and grit, but it would definately help with scoring.

• G-Man says:

It’s more like unknowable than preposterous. How a 99 point man wouldn’t help the Habs I have no idea.

• HardHabits says:

@G-Man: You people need to start reading and stop interjecting what your silly minds imagine. I said with the current line-up. Gio, Cammy, DD and MSL will not win you you the Cup all on the same team, certainly not when surrounded by the other small and soft players that the Habs currently have in their line-up.

• G-Man says:

Current roster or not, you are saying a 99 point man would automatically come to Montreal and fail because of his size and his teammates’ shortcomings. I do not believe your assertion.
            They have been telling Martin St.Louis he’s too small for what, about 15 years now?

• HardHabits says:

@G-Man: Again you are misconstruing my arguments. Read below for other comments who mention the same points as I do. He wouldn’t be as successful I would conjecture (he certainly wouldn’t get 99 points as a Hab), but it’s not about his success, it’s about the team’s success. I said the Habs wouldn’t be successful if adding another smurf to the current line-up of smurfs. 2 of the 3 in DD, Gio and Cammy would have to go if MSL joined the Habs if not all 3 of them.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Let’s hold off on “Elite forward” there HH RE Desharnais. That’s a pretty exclusive club in the NHL and he’s not exactly earned membership to that group quite yet.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
        SF09 on Twitter

• HardHabits says:

I said MSL is elite not DD. DD is NHL capable. Big dfference.

I have a question for you. Can you find out face-off stats for centres in the upcoming draft? The Habs still need a #1 centre and it’s not going to come via free agency. I hope the Habs pick a decent sized centre who can score and wins face-offs. That’s been the Habs biggest lack since ’93.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Unfortunately the OHL and WHL do not keep that very handy stat. the Q does, but there are no big centres in the first round out of the Q with a faceoff specialty.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
            SF09 on Twitter

• issie74 says:

They might be able to get Zach Phillips from St John Seadogs.He centers for Jonathan Huberdeau who is projected to go top 5…the question everyone has is … would Huberdeau be as good without Phillips or does Huberdeau,who knows for sure.If you google mock draft 2011…they have Phillips at 18…Habs choose17th. I have been watching his in the Memorial Cup Playoffs…he looks nifty,bu,you never know if these kids can take the next step and be an NHLer.

• HardHabits says:

@issie74: I like Zack Phillips or Boone Jenner. Those kids are in the Getzlaf-Carter-Richards mould.

• punkster says:

DD is elite? When was he crowned? Love the kid and all but…elite?

Ya, ya…size, crash and bang, whatever. “I’m Henry the Eighth I am…”

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• HardHabits says:

Can you people read? Where did I say that? Stop being a dummy for a second and read what I say, not what you what want to hear.

Effin’ Habs fans piss me off more than Bruins fans sometimes.

DD = Desharnais
          MSL = Marty St. Louis

It just goes to prove that you Dave are nothing more than a convert. You are another in the long line of religious adherents here at HIO.

I on the other hand am an enlightened voice of reason.

• punkster says:

“As per MSL without a doubt he is an elite forward”
            How did I misread this? Or was I blinded by your true enlightenment?

Edit: Oh, now I see the problem. It’s your sentence structure. I understand now what you were attempting to say and my response regarding DD being elite was incorrect. So HH if you’re going to harp on and on about the same crap try to be coherent ;)

As to the rest of my response…it still stands.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• HardHabits says:

@punkster: It’s not my fault you have a hard time concentrating. Maybe I should draw you a little picture.

I touted DD as NHL capable, as per MSL I said he was elite. It’s not my fault you jump to conclusions.

I’m coherent. You obviously need some one to hold your hand through all this.

• punkster says:

Get a grip man. The sentence is not clear the way you wrote it. You wrote “As per MSL without a doubt he is an elite forward” when you should have written “As for MSL…etc” to clarify the statement. The phrase “as per” is used incorrectly there. You were not quoting MSL.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• HardHabits says:

@punkster: I was responding to what joshua was talking about, per se MSL, so for the more literate amongst us, “as per what you joshua were talking about, MSL, without a doubt, he is an elite forward.”

as per = in accordance with

Using it the way I did eliminates a few words and few pauses. So sue me. It might have been confusing to you and SF09, but the usage is correct.

Next.

• pat s says:

HardHabits–keeping posting your messages b/c you are one of the few that sees the writing on the wall, montreal has probably the softest lineup in the league and we will never be a threat with this lineup. Peole that don’t see this either do not want to accept this b/c they like that pretty boy, play nice billy, european style of hockey or they are in denial.

2 Questiions

1)Has Montreal won cups with a in your face, rugged lineup?

I say yes, 86/93

2)Has Montreal won cups with this european bs style of hockey?

I say no,they only thing they accomplished is convincing some people to chase a dream.

Now, I’m sure some people will get personal with this post b/c they have no answer to these 2 questions

• Morenz7 says:

Agreed, but I think it’s noteworthy that St. Louis is complemented by big, strong forwards who can play. Cammy and Gionta are centred by … Pleky and Gomez. There’s certainly nothing wrong with Pleky, but someone big and game like Malone would be a nice addition to either of our top duos. Notice how much better Pleky and Cammy do, for example, when AK46 is skating hard and hitting. Or when Pacioretty is healthy. JM keeps shoving Moen into the top six, but he just doesn’t have the tools.

• JayBee says:

I can’t believe Hab fans still think this team full of midgets is not lacking size and grit. St.Louis was non-existent in this series until last night. Lets look at his linemates

Vinny – 6’4 200+
        Purcell – 6’3 200

St.Louis is a great player, but small/skilled guys need bigger guys to create space.

Look at their top 6….Purcell, Vinny, Stamkos, St. Louis, Gagne and Malone.. all larger guys except for MSL

• Hobie Hansen says:

Montreal is already overlaoded with midgets! Adding another wouldn’t really make any sense unless you traded away a couple currrent midgets…

• issie74 says:

If you like speed…wait until you see Danny Kristo.
      Now if he can get his head in the right place.

• LA Loyalist says:

I agree, you can have gutsy small guys – we had Mats Naslund and the Pocket Rocket — but you can’t have an entire team of small softies, that’s all.

• issie74 says:

Danny Kristo is 5″11…same as Crosby and I don’t hear anyone saying he is too small.

• HardHabits says:

5’11″ is the size of elite forwards these days and Kristo’s very tenacious.

It’s also not 5’9″, 5’8″ or 5’7″ either.

It compounds further when you add more and more forwards together of this stature on an NHL team. It’s not just the goonery, it’s the actual physical play, the checking, the mucking for pucks and the hitting that are all part of the game.

JT gives Hab fans something tangible to think about (for next season) in place of all the tedious Bruin hatred that has dominated HI/O the past few days.

• shiram says:

Great read, it’s been posted before, but is well worth the re-read.

• G-Man says:

There is nothing tedious in hating the team that is aided by refereeing and the head disciplinarian of the league. It is to be savored, like the fine whine coming from their coach.

• HardHabits says:

I disagree. The whine coming from that coach is cheap and isn’t worthy of a becoming urine as it already is piss.

I hate the team because of their late game antics and thuggery. They are the new Broad Street Bullies.

• Mattyleg says:

Yes, I find all this Anti-Bruin hyperbole tiresome too.
      Not that I particularly care for them, but it’s boring watching people try to outdo each other’s vitriol.
      Not clever.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HabFanSince72 says:

Sorry but the percent of draws won is more interesting than making fun of the Bruins?

In any case what the statistic shows is that draws were roughly 50/50 in the series i.e. a non-factor.

You really have to wonder about Brian Rafalski retiring a year early and foregoing $6M. I realize he has a bad knee but he could have returned to training camp to give it another try. If he was still unable to play, he would get his salary, the coin would be covered by insurance and Detroit would have the cap space.

With Rafalski gone, the Wings can still bring back Lidstrom for one more year while pursuing a long-term UFA for defense this summer. Rafalski’s salary would cover the new salary next year with Lidstrom’s salary taking over the space the following season.

Team’s are not allowed to do anything under the table, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Rafalski gets a well paying office job with Detroit in a year or two.

• Morenz7 says:

I wondered whether he might be having one of those “rests” that were so popular a few seasons ago. I.e. if he feels up to it, and if Detroit has the cap space, he comes back around the All-Star break. I’m not aware of anything in the CBA to prevent that. Recall the case of Niedermayer, who by doing it thus saved his team both money and cap space (I’m not saying that was his motivation, but it might have been Selanne’s!). In the case of the Wings, it clears space to re-sign Lidstrom if he wants to play and removes all pressure from Rafalski as he attempts to rehabilitate his injuries. If he can’t get up to speed, then no harm done. I know the league frowns on this stuff. But as I say, they can’t really prevent it.

12. MathMan says:

If Boston plays against Vancouver the way they’ve played against Tampa, the SCF will look more like clubbing baby seals than a hockey contest, and it will all boil down to how many games Thomas can steal.

For the sake of hockey, let’s hope Tampa wins game 7. They’re no match for Vancouver, either, but it would be a lot more competitive unless Boston improves in a hurry.

13. olegpetrov says:

What does Julien have to whine about? Taking away coincidental minors, fighting majors, end of game penalties (last minute of 3rd period) and penalties that lead to 4 on 4 for the full two minutes, Boston has a 24-21 PP advantage. There has been only one game in the series where Boston had more penalties than Tampa. Unreal that he can say that about his team that consistently commits horrible acts on the ice. What is also unreal is that the NHL won’t fine the team for their antics at the end of games that they are losing. Once again, Horton, Lucic are going after some of the smallest guys on the ice at the end of the game.

Habs fan…Nuff said

14. nek25plus says:

Julien is most definitely not used to getting the benefit of the calls. The entire Bruins season has been about them playing a nasty, in your face game. They have held the advantage all season. I, for one do not believe that will change. Best example of this is the constant crap at the end of every game…by the same players. Any other team would have been told to cease this by now. They continue, game in and game out.

It pains me to complain and whine about this as it sounds like sour grapes, bit it’s so evident. The league actully thinks fans don’t see it.

I predict they receive the advantage in game 7 as well. So, Tampa better come to score….it’s their only hope. They are terrible defensively.

Makes me even more frustrated…the Habs are better than both these teams.

15. joshua94k says:

Before last night’s game, this is what Tampa Bay coach Boucher said of the officiating.

“24-9 against, right? Yes, I’m aware of it. Very aware of it. Very, very aware of it,” Boucher said. “It has been a part of our discussions quite a few times in the last game, the last games we did have that particular ref. And it is lopsided. But the only thing we can control is what we do on the ice and hope that things will be fair like it is with everybody else.”

Again last night although the stats say the Bruins had only a 5-4 advantage on PP oportunities, they had three straight opportunities on the PP before Tampa had their 1st powerplay almost midway during the 2nd period. The early powerplays usually set the tone for the game.

However Claude Julien has struggled with his special teams throughout the play-offs. Not a sign of a good coach.

• shiram says:

Interesting to get the other team’s perspective.
      I still think will wear the bleu blanc rouge next season.
      As for Halpern, he did not disappoint, but I guess the team is moving with younger more offencive players (hopefully).

• HabFanSince72 says:

That article suggests that Kaberle will get approx. $4.25M.

Not after these playoffs he won’t.

16. J_P says:

So let me get this straight. Claude Julien is complaining that the Tampa Bay lightning got preferential officiating in last nights game, despite the fact that his team had the powerplay advantage, despite the fact that a blatant high stick to stamkos was missed right before a boston goal was scored, and despite the fact that boston has had preferential treatment from the referees pretty much the ENTIRE playoffs and entire season for that matter?

I used to actually have respect for this guy even though he coaches the bruins, but now, what a typical Boston loser…

17. Habfan10912 says:

Bruins complaining about officiating? Really? They remind me of the old USSR. Look you right square in the eye and lie lie lie.

18. TommyB says:

Claude Julien is whining. What else is new? He’s made a career out of whining and baiting refs. You know he has to set it up for game 7. Get any little advantage he can. He whines about penalty calls, but the truth is his team has no discipline at all. And that lands squarely on him.

His little bitch personality shows through his team as well. Again last night at the final whistle a couple of Bruin thugs want to mix it up. This has been a common thread with them all year, and especially in the playoffs, when they lose a game, or are out of it on the scoreboard late in the game. The game is over, we lost, so let’s act tough and show what great Big Bad Bruins we are. Here’s a newsflash for you Bostonians, the Big Bad Bruins died back in the 70′s. This pussified team you have today, lead by that sourpuss whiner Julien, is a far cry from Bruin glories of the past. The truth is, the Bruins were nothing before number 4, and nothing since. And I’m old enough to remember the Bruins prior to Orr.

I’d love to see the Lightning knock off the Bruins in game 7, but another part of me wants to see them advance to the final. Get a real good sniff at the Cup. Get oh so close. And then….whack! See ya next year.

19. arcosenate says:

Claude Julien has no trouble swallowing himself whole night after night. To direct the blame for last night’s loss on the refs is just sad, TBay just plain beat these guys, they had less pp opportunities but they actually have a power play. Maybe Claude should figure out why his special teams suck rather than pointing fingers elsewhere.

• BsFanforLife says:

I agree with you. It does no good to piss and moan about the refs. The fact of the matter is the Bruins special teams have let them down yet again. Up until last night the PK unit in this series has been solid.

20. Marc10 says:

Can’t stand Julien. He’s got zero class.

I would to see the Bruins crushed by the Nucks. I’d like to see Bieksa, Torres, Burrows and co put those piss colored Bears through a good ol’ fashion West Coast beatdown. They deserve it.

But because I truly despise Boston and because I like Guy Boucher… Go Bolts Go!

“To be irreplaceable, you have to be different”.
    Andy Warhol

Go PK Go!

21. RGM says:

Boucher’s media comments are incredibly savvy. He plants a little seed at virtually every presser that gets people talking both before and after the game. He’s pulled the “we expect [opposing goalie] to play the best game of his season” card a couple times and it gets play. He’s pulled the penalty disparity card and that gets play. You can tell that he’s really applying that sports psychology stuff and more importantly, that it’s working.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

22. Hobie Hansen says:

Man you’ve got to love those role players Tampa has. I was just leaning over to a friend and telling him how good Downie or Malone would look in a Habs jersey when Downie setup St Louis on that beauty 2-on-1.
    Malone was battling and standing right in there with Chara all night in front of the net. Guys like Downie and Malone make the Bruins defenders take a second peak before fishing for the puck around the crease after a rebound.
    As we know, our beloved Habs have almost nobody on their top three lines that can put physical pressure on a defenseman.
    If Tampa had Price in goal they’d have beaten the Bruins in four or five games!
    GO HABS TAMPA CANADIENS BOLTS GO!

23. Ton says:

I really like that Teddy Purcell. Come to Tampa along with a 3rd rounder for Halpern!!!! Good deal for Tampa.

24. 44har48 says:

I just want to remind everyone it does not matter how good your team is at this time of year. It matters that you win your last game, usually by playing together, and goaltending is what really does it. Be it a one hit wonder or a stud that does it year after year, goaltending wins championships. I can’t beleive this guy has done this, and over a span of 2-3 years now, but he is, and Thomas is the man this year, flopping around clueless and all – he gets it done.

This is why I was so adamant we keep Price and unload Halak for assets up front. Price will be the man soon my friends. I would argue our goaltenidng is the only real reason we even made the playoffs this year and certainly made the Eastern Conf Finals last year. We can’t score to save our life.

25. G-Man says:

All thug coaches with no class or respect for their opponents say the same thing: the refs robbed us!
    Juck Fulien. Buck Foston. Lose, you smelly shieces of pit that have been on a playoff run 2 rounds too long.

26. Norm0770 says:

Boston’s first goal was the result of an uncalled high stick by the Bruins, they end up with a 5-4 PP advantage through the game and still Julien complains?

27. HabFanSince72 says:

I think the only reason this has gone to game 7 is Thomas has significantly outplayed Roloson. Otherwise Tampa is the superior team.

Last night three of Boston’s four goals could have been stopped, and two should have.

I wonder who will start tomorrow.