White back in action; Beaulieu listed as day-to-day as camp continues

The Canadiens were back on the ice Friday in Brossard as training camp continued with the second intra-squad scrimmage in two days.

Defenceman Nathan Beaulieu, who suffered a shoulder injury during Thursday’s scrimmage, did not take part and is listed as day-to-day. Ryan White, who left Thursday’s scrimmage after suffering a cut above his right eye from a high stick, was back in action. He needed seven stitches.

Team Red beat Team White in the scrimmage, with Rene Bourque, Martin Reway and Alex Galchenyuk scoring the goals. White, with his new scar, scored for Team White.

While coaches normally experiment by mixing lines at training camp, Michel Therrien has wasted little time putting together veteran trios that are likely to face the Toronto Maple Leafs in the season opener on Oct. 1 at the Bell Centre.

“I’m a true believer in combinations that work,” Therrien said Thursday. “There are other little plans (if things don’t work out), but I have this vision and I hope it’s going to work. I might try other things, but what you saw is the vision and we hope it’s going to work.”

That vision includes having Lars Eller at centre with Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher; David Desharnais between Max Pacioretty and Daniel Briere; and Tomas Plekanec with Rene Bourque and Christian Thomas, who is filling in for captain Brian Gionta as he recovers from offseason biceps surgery.

On Saturday, the Canadiens will play an informal Red vs. White scrimmage at the Bell Centre, starting at 1 p.m. Tickets cost $5 (taxes included) and are available at canadiens.com and evenko.ca or through the Bell Centre’s ticket office. Each ticketholder will receive a free hot dog, a bag of chips and a soft drink. The doors to the Bell Centre will open at 11:30 a.m. and proceeds from the game will be donated to the Fonds Avenir Lac-Mégantic.

Therrien plans to make a major cut after exhibition games Sunday against Buffalo and Monday against Boston at the Bell Centre. Some prospects will be retained so there are bodies available to scrimmage, but the number of healthy bodies will probably drop from 50 to 30.

“After we make those cuts, we’ll concentrate on the main team,” Therrien said.

(Photo by John Kenney/The Gazette)

Habs roster spots limited for youngsters, by Pat Hickey

Therrien sticks with same lines at camp, Canadiens.com

Photo gallery from Day 3 of camp, montrealgazette.com

Budaj adjusts to smaller pads, new coach, by Dave Stubbs

New Habs Parros, Murray have a lot in common, by Stu Cowan

Canadiens take advantage of continuity at camp, NHL.com

1. habs-fan-84 says:

yay video!

2. Trisomy 21 says:

I have sound but no picture!

3. habs11s says:

NHL Gamecenter subscription, NHL preseason starts tonight, and the excitement of the regular season on the horizon, live is good….

_____________________________________________________________

4. johnnylarue says:

Beginning to feel like Linus in the pumpkin patch over here.

5. HabFab says:

Sound just kicked in but no action.

6. habs-fan-84 says:

There’s the sound, now where’s the video lol

7. Puck Bard says:

Ok, It’s after one. Ready to throw a Full Court Hard-Habits any moment.

8. johnnylarue says:

Oh wait… 1pm? Could it be? A Saturday morning miracle??

9. johnnylarue says:

@UCe: Going outside is fair punishment for getting my hopes up with this streaming scrimmage business. Here I was thinking I had a perfect excuse to stay in bed until 11…

10. habstrinifan says:

It is ok to be optimistic and excited about our HABS as the season starts. But some of the comments about expected excellence baffle me.

“Considering playing against Plekanec… isn’t a cakewalk”… sorry just don’t see many enemy pre-season camps with Plekanec’s pic on the wall as motivation to be battle ready.

Therrien reunites DD with Pacioretty (ok) and inserts Briere on the line and calls it a ‘vision’ of combinations that worked. Like Gallagher worked with DD and Pacs last year? Where is the vision to find IN CAMP the combination which DID work… and which included a hard driving up-and-down player like Cole for that role.

I am going to take solace in Ian Cobb’s gentle reminder that I should wait until first cut on September 17th. But I cant escape my nature and right now I am coming out the gate dismayed that I am not seeing a real search for new offense line combinations.

Hopefully, Therrien and the HABS can escape theirs and ice a more forceful and consistent goal scoring team. Focus all we have on our weak defence of last year… it is our inability to score the demoralizing/comeback goal which worries me the most.

11. habs-fan-84 says:

Hopefully the sound gets corrected in time for the game.

No live feed I guess!!??
    Am I not on the right link???

13. Phil C says:

My live stream is Habs propanganda, where’s the hockey?

14. Puck Bard says:

So do any of these streams work, or am I condemned to watching 2 hours of Ice Follies ads?

• Un Canadien errant says:

Same problem, we’re getting the scoreboard feed obviously, not the scrimmage. Bummer. Kind of planned my Saturday around this.

Does this mean I’m going to have to go outside?

• Ian Cobb says:

Listen! No live feed from the Bell Center!, Winnipeg and Washington are playing here tonight.
        I am going to speak to Geoff and get the Bell Center moved to Belleville. Here they can ware what ever kind of helmet on their heads. We can even put crosses instead of face off dots on the ice.!!

15. SKHab says:

Live stream doesn’t seem to be working for inter squad game not working.

16. Hobie Hansen says:

Just bought Leafs and Habs tickets for Saturday Nov 30th!

Non Premium price for that game too!

17. Cal says:

Go All Habs Go!
    There, now I’m all set for the game. :)

18. jedimyrmidon says:

Something I’m liking about this current iteration of the Habs team:

- Last season, people were saying that DD and Pacioretty will need to watch out because of their success the previous season, that more teams will be aware of them and try to counter them.
    - This season, people are saying the same about Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher.

Considering playing against Tomas Plekanec (who is perennially among the top scorers on the Habs) and his line (usually the shutdown line that can also produce good offense) isn’t a cakewalk… other teams are going to have to watch out for 3/4 lines.

19. HabFab says:

From the Hockey Writers, Top 10 All Time Underrated Habs;

20. HabFab says:

The writers at HabsWorld looks at getting Extension Contracts signed and priorities. Hint most get stuck real fast on “you know who”

21. Marc10 says:

Interesting observation by Dany Dube on 98.5 after watching the kids play for two days.

Says McCarron is going to be an NHLer. That yes, as he’s a gigantic guy, his skating needs serious work, but believes he’ll get there. There’s a couple years of work to get the explosive training to catch up to his huge frame.

Likes what he saw from a player smarts perspective, skills and general attitude… Said the Habs didn’t make a mistake in drafting him. Said the kid would round out into a… get ready for this… Keith Primeau type player! (And here I thought at best we’d be looking at Turner Stevenson…)

Hey, it’s not close to a done deal, but if we get a Primeau (pre-concussion) out of this… I’m dancing down La Maine!

Also said some nice things about the usual suspects including Hudon, Super Gally and our budding superstar Chucky.

How bout that Reway kid, eh? He showed up to play and even Mr Subban praised his ‘NHL skillset’. And to think the Commentariat was bagging that draft pick. Sounds like Timmins and co are doing it again. I’m liking the depth and it’s nice that we have the odd big frame in there too.

Go Habs Go! (Might just have to pull an all nighter and check out that scrimmage… Thanks for the link homies!)

22. sheds88 says:

anyone know if Tremblay and Roy are talking ?

DD seems to be having it too easy and relaxed on that picture. Yeah, I am buying that he is going to be that much better this season.

Good morning, everyone, btw.

It sure is too bad there isn’t a training camp for coaches. Get JM, Therrien, Cunnyworth and Bobo Gainey battle it out for the position. I’d watch that show.

Carbo too

25. Bill says:

Downloaded the new Canadiens app … is it supposed to do something? Or does it actually just sit there and say it’s the new app? Follow up question, how dumb am I?

26. kerrgte says:

Thomas is an excellent pick-up. I think he’ll be one of the pleasant surprises this year.

cheers

27. ProHabs says:

With the roster pretty well set, the guys that I am most interested in this camp are Leblanc and Pateryn.

I was really impressed with Leblanc’s play when he played on the big team 2 years ago. As a first round pick, he obviously has talent. I really hope his injury last year has not ruined his career and that he bounces back. I’m rooting for him.

As for Pateryn, he is big and seems to have come into camp with the attitude to be more agresive. If he can be a tough 5-6 defenceman, that would be great for the team.

I am also very high on Tinordi, but as a first rounder who played well last year with the Habs, I have no more doubts about him. He will be a solid shutdown defenceman for our team for years to come.

• Hobie Hansen says:

The Habs are either going to have to trade or at the minimum not resign some players to make room for some of these defencemen.

the contracts of Markov, Diaz and Bouillon expire after this season and Murray is also on a one year deal. Is it possible that all those guys are gone next season and Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn are in the lineup? I wouldn’t mind that at all!

• ProHabs says:

You could be right. Lets hope that Bergevin has the vision of trading some of these guys (Diaz, Markov) and getting some solid assets for them instead of just letting them all walk at the end of the year for nothing like Gainey would always do.

• Old Bald Bird says:

Which is why I believe that at least guy has to be moved up this year. We don’t want a whole corps of rookies next year.

• Timo says:

Question is – will Tinordi be in the starting lineup instead of ancient, aging and less than effective home boy feel good story of Francis Bouillon or softer than swiss cheese melt Diaz?

28. von says:

Just snagged a couple tickets and a hotel for the Habs Nov. 27th game in Buffalo. Any fellow HIO posters going?

_________________________________

“Obviously it would be great, but they don’t really hang conference titles in this rink. They raise Stanley Cup banners.” – Carey Price

29. Chuck says:

Does anyone know if the scrimmage is going to be televised? Thanks.

30. Sportfan says:

Lol “New Habs Parros, Murray have a lot in common” Yeah they are two of the tallest players on the team :P

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

31. Ken Dryden leaves the Habs Ver 1.0

___________________________________________

Exploring the Habs history at Le Tir, et Le But! Follow me on Twitter

I am reserving most of my comments about the roster until I see what players make this cut on Sept. 17th. Then they will be down to about 30 players. A more manageable number to start the chemistry and team bonding process.

Sure hope Rene Bourque has left his injuries behind for this year.

One player that I find interesting is Thomas. I had not seen him play before, but he looks like he will make a noise in Hamilton as he matures this season.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Thomas turns out to be more than just a guy we got in return for Kristo because Bergevin didn’t like his attitude. Some fans are acting like we got stuck with Thomas and lost a better player in Kristo. I am not one of those people.

I didn’t mind the deal the moment it happened and I like it even more now. Thomas seems like a scrappy little guy, like a Gallagher, with a nice scoring touch.

People mentioned he’s smaller than Kristo but I don’t think two inches in height is going to make a world of difference. He plays the game with an edge that’s the most important thing.

33. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Patrick Kane displaying ridiculous stick-handling:

34. H.Upmann says:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall

35. kerrgte says:

morning all

I had a great summer !! I hope everyone else did too.

I’m very pleased with the potential of the new players to the system. Very clever drafting that will impress us all. I fully expect Hamilton to be much stronger this season than last year – with a few very pleasant surprises.

I do think this is the make or break season for LL. I hope he can really light it up this year as there are some very hungry and talented young players who would like to get the call.

Too bad about Gionta, Emelin, and Parros. I’ve always considered Gionta to be a most effective leader, and for a team of younger players, his presence will be sorely felt. So, I think the team’s success rate will improve as these veteran players return to the line-up.

This will be an exciting season with lots of good surprises.

cheers
    George K

36. JohnBellyful says:

Many things go into making a team great.
    Talent, intelligence, fitness, dedication and leadership are obvious key ingredients.
    But there’s a sixth element, team chemistry, that’s often talked about and is no less important but can be difficult to achieve and easy to disrupt.
    Dr. Ricky Pedia explains:
    [Draws a C on chalkboard, adds a small 8 beside it]. Player C, who wears number 8, is a canny veteran. Solid, heady, makes good passes, defensively responsible, great in the faceoff circle.
    [Draws an H on the chalkboard, with the number 17 beside it]. H17 is a heavy hitter, finishes his checks, drives hard to the net, sticks up for his teammates.
    Now, in chemistry, C represents carbon, H represents hydrogen. Join the two together and they form one of the strongest bonds found anywhere. With CH, you get hydrocarbons, [waggles quotation marks with his fingers] “a primary energy source for current civilizations.” And [waggles fingers again] “the predominant use of hydrocarbons is as a combustible fuel source.”
    So you’ve got a lot of energy on that one line but you need something to combust it, a spark to ignite its offence. So you go out and trade for the guy you think can be that person, someone who has a history of scoring but doesn’t seem to stick with any one team for very long.
    But your club is one sniper shy of a championship team so you pay no attention to the doubts whispering in your ear and sign N, the new guy. Pay big money, agree to long term.
    Too late you learn the new guy’s toxic – he snipes alright but not the kind you hoped for – and putting the three together turns out to be a disaster. They quarrel, they sulk, and they end up hating each other.
    And the coach keeps sending them out, hoping they’ll patch up their differences and produce as expected.
    By the time management realizes what is happening C8H17N – what chemists know as hemlock – has poisoned the room. Paralysis sets in, [waggles fingers] “the lower limbs are affected first.”
    The team stops skating. Starts taking stupid penalties. Loses all heart.
    Hopes of a championship season die a slow, agonizing death.
    C retires a bitter man, H suffers a series of debilitating injuries that cut short his career and N is traded to a team with inflated Stanley Cup ambitions that agrees to extend his contract.
    All could have been avoided had they traded for O. They would have ended up with carbohydrates, a vital source of energy for athletes.
    Do it, MB.

37. TheMostCupsPeriod says:

Pre Season Tickets Available

I have Club Desjardins A tickets (2) Sec 223, Row F, for the last three preseason games available for $150/pair.
    You must be able to meet me on Monday in Mtl, preferably at Bell Centre before game vs. Bruins.
    Games available are:
    Sept 21 vs Hurricanes
    Sept 23 vs Devils
    Sept 26 vs Senators
    Email me at 3drealty@sympatico.ca if interested… Thanks

Go Habs Go

38. Un Canadien errant says:

So I wanted to get up early to get a couple of things done this morning, and be ready for the 0930 hr PDT puckdrop of the scrimmage. And I’ve been up since five. Great. It’s still dark out.

39. Habfan10912 says:

For those on the road today the Canadiens app has a link to today’s streaming of the scrimmage. I believe its available for both IPhone and Droids.

40. Habfan10912 says:

Morning everyone. Visiting the North Country, or what us Yanks call the North Country, and its chilly. Hockey-like weather.

If Louie L and Thomas both make this team someone is getting moved or cut. Am I wrong to suggest that White has a bullseye on his back?

41. Mavid says:

11111111111111111111 one more sleep..hehe

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

42. SPATS says:

Really liking our character this year, my only worry is with so many leaders, will there be any followers?

Parros ranked 4th smartest pro athlete and smart enough to figure out how to excel in a supporting role and earn millions. Give him an A on his jersey to match the straight A’s on his report cards :-)

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

43. JF says:

36 (hours, not days)

44. HabFab says:

From Therriens comments, first cuts to come after Boston game.

45. habs001 says:

Two glaring problems from last year need to be solved…1) 23 rd pk…i am confident this can improve…2) faceoffs….a yearly problem that probably will not be resolved….

• Hobie Hansen says:

The reason I’m hoping Tinordi plays well in the exhibition games and sticks with the team is partially for the PK. His skating is good, he’s huge and his wingspan will allow him to get his stick in in the shooting and passing lanes. Murray should help provide the same qualities as well.

Face offs, too bad Desharnais is playing center instead of Galchenyuk.

• Landof10000lakesHab says:

The Habs have unfortunately been a horrible faceoff team for several years. Please explain how replacing DD with Galchenyuk is likely to improve the Habs overall faceoff %. DD s not a two-way C, but he was 50% on the dot. Alex will be a great C in a few years, but we have no idea how good/bad he may be taking faceoff’s other than what little we have seen. He was not so great last year (43%) with the limited number of draws available. Lars Eller needs to improve in this area as well if he hopes to move up to 2nd line C some day. Bottom line — if you don’t start with the puck, most of your 30-40 sec shift is trying to win it back.

• Bigdawg says:

Despite recent events there is still much unrest in the middle-east, too bad DD is still on the roster instead of a younger player

• Habfan10912 says:

Perhaps with an increase in ice time for Eller the faceoff % will improve.

As for the poor pk stats, how bout adding our best defenseman to the pk rotation?

• Hobie Hansen says:

Absolutely, the penalty killers should be: Gorges, Tinordi, Subban and Murray.

• Mark C says:

Maybe, but that would entail Eller improving his face offs. He’s never had a season average higher than Montreal’s season average this past year. Also, DD has had a higher average every year. Good news is Eller has show year to year improvements so maybe this year face offs become a strength.

• NoTinFoilCups says:

Another way to reduce GA on the PK. Stay out of the box! We took far too many dumb penalties last year.

46. HabFab says:

From Stubbs, live streaming of the Habs Intersquad Scrimmage today thru this link;

Team rosters for the scrimmage;

47. Habitant in Surrey says:

…again, thanks to RDS, a thoroughly intelligent, mature PK Subban responding to a gaggle of reporters …man He impresses more each time I listen to Him

…I use to dismiss PK being captain-material, but that is very much changing

…I’ve been trying without success to get a feeling of which of the young prospects has most impressed, …in PK’s opinion (seconded by Therrien and Eller) He noted, first being impressed by Reway especially, then McCarron, Bournival and Thomas

…I will take PK’s evaluations more seriously than a scribe’s as He actually is competing on the ice with Them

…another RDS guy rated the top-10 young prospects in camp from 1 to 10 as; Tinordi, Fucale, McCarron, Collberg, Beaulieu, Bournival, Thrower, Hudon, Bozon and Fournier …for whatever that is worth

48. Habitant in Surrey says:

…this squarehead went undercover at rds.ca

…found this http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/le-r%C3%AAve-de-jouer-pour-le-canadien-1.658986

…the X-Factor …’le reve de jouer avec le canadien’ …with Habs’ shrink Dr. Sylvain Guimond introspective of why French-Canadian kids dream of playing for the Canadiens …with Daniel Briere looking on

…I wish I had a translation to better understand the gist of the discussion

…Norm ?

49. aHabGrowsInBrooklyn says:

In all of this talk of Frenchmen on the Habs, has anyone mentioned Cristobal Huet and Tim Bozon? Both from the country where stop signs say ” STOP”.

50. Lafleurguy says:

Debate: “Be It Resolved That Randy Cunneyworth Was the Only Habs Coach Who Gave Francophonic Players Who Could Fly Preferential Treatment.”

“May you live in interesting times.”

51. JohnBellyful says:

@UCe. Wow! Bravo on the quiz.
    First time I’ve seen multiple essay answers to multiple choice questions. Absolutely breathtaking. Actually, breadthtaking. Once again, you’ve demonstrated a wide-ranging knowledge in stringing together your thoughts in a most pleasing fashion.
    Okay, you’ve got an A, no problem. But here’s your shot at earning an A-plus:
    Was Henry Burris an idiot for throwing an interception deep in the Stampeders’ end, with his team up three points and less than five minutes to play, and defensive back Dee Webb equally culpable of costing the Tiger-Cats the game with a face-mask penalty that put the home side in a position to score the winning TD?
    Wait, wait, don’t answer just yet.
    Here’s the cruncher: Yes or No?
    If Yes, insert one emoticon (these things, :) :) :) )
    If No, insert two emoticons.

52. Feraco says:

I feel like they are going to be very patient with Leblanc. Very. Actually…he might be lost in the management switch, plus his injuries to slow him down, and mentally he seems lost (from the video posted here). The team has changed, attitude has changed and he is realistically a 3rd liner at this point of his career.

Does he stay a year in the AHL to get stronger and get his touch back? I say yes unless he takes over at camp and grabs a position. I liked his game under Cunnyworth and he was great in the World Juniors.

I hope it works out for him as a Canadian as 1st rounder. But I think he sees Thomas, McCaron, Colberg, Bournival…I’m sure I missed a few guys as well…above him on the Depth Chart over close behind and sees there is not room for everyone.

Imagine if he was traded…would the French media go nuts?

• Lafleurguy says:

It looks like McCarron needs a few YEARS of development. He’s going to play at the junior level somewhere this season. I’m going to watch Louis closely this season, ’cause I’m pullin’ for him to make it to the NHL at whatever age it happens for him. May be (maybe) a Plekanec process.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Lafleurguy says:

McCarron also took the time to show off the rubber bracelets he wears around his wrists in homage of certain people in his life.

“[The green one] is for a London player who was drafted but passed away in a car accident last year,” shared McCarron. “[The tricolour bracelet] represents the colors of the United States, as I played for the national program last season. The red bracelet was given to me by the coach of Western Michigan University, whose son is suffering from muscular dystrophy. His motto is ‘no bad days’. It reminds me that everyday is a good day [to be in Montreal playing hockey].”

Jack Han is a writer for canadiens.com.

“May you live in interesting times.”

53. ProHabs says:

Is Therrien looking at Louis Leblanc at all to make the team. Therrien seems to be pretty high on Thomas and is giving him every chance to make the team by putting him with very good linemates. Anyone know who Louis Leblanc is playing with on a line in these games.

54. somtawyer says:

Re: time machine. To be able to see the Big Bang ( if true ) from a safe place. Space fascinates me, but I’m not a nerd – to me it’s just cool

• Say Ash says:

Makes no sense. You’d be in it and part of it.

• Bill says:

There would be no place to watch it from …

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Lafleurguy says:

Guitar Man does a nice Rocket Man.
        We’re actually witnessing the Big Bang in real time right now.
        Cheers.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Un Canadien errant says:

Aside from matter not existing, so ‘you’ couldn’t be there, as well as space not existing, so you couldn’t find a vantage point, time also does not exist prior to the creation of the Universe, you couldn’t be there ‘before’ the Big Bang. At best you’d come into existence being flung at very high speeds away from all other matter all retreating away from you at breakneck speeds, with a crazy ringing in your ear. “What the heck was that noise,” you’d think, before it would occur to you, “wait a minute, I am thinking, therefore I must be amming?…”

• Bill says:

Haha, Douglas Adams-worthy!

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Lafleurguy says:

Trying to get those Cartesian coordinates on my GPS.
          Now, THAT was a Frenchman!

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Un Canadien errant says:

And also, since sound is a wave propagated in a medium like air or water, there would actually be no sound. And since photons don’t get created for seconds after the Big Bang, you’d miss the best part.

So there we have it. We couldn’t attend the Big Bang since we couldn’t be corporeally or chronologically, and couldn’t find a seat to watch, and even if we could there’d be nothing to see or hear. Pretty poor show, I’ll stick to fireworks.

55. Lafleurguy says:

Interesting slow night on Friday the Third Day of Training Camp and One Day After the Twelfth.
    You’re right, UCe, the new age should have us referring to Les Glorieux, past, present, and future as the “Flying Francomen.” Torch bearers say what?
    SmartDog, guessing you have laryngitis ’cause normally, your “Aroooooo….” is heard loud and clear all the way over here.
    HabFab, I’m not going to quit tryin’ to get one past you one day.
    Me and Chivas bid you all a good night.
    “May you live in interesting times.”

56. sreuel says:

Aren’t players to come to camp healthy and ready not get injured after 2 nd day

57. HabFab says:

Chuckies goal today… you have to be quick to catch all the moves;

Reminded of a reporter doing an interview with Yakupov and saying he had the best hands in the upcoming draft. Yakupov quickly responded “Not me, Gally has the best hands”. Thank God that Timmons believed him!

58. JO says:

No DD news. He must be good to go!!

• Say Ash says:

Good to go, indeed.

• JO says:

Say Ash – I don’t care what other fans have to say about DD. He had 28 points in 48-games last year. Whats wrong with that. If a few more Hab players had 28 points we probably would have Beaten Ottawa in the playoffs. He was a 500+ player. Good job DD.

• Say Ash says:

Eller put up the same numbers with considerably less ice time, particularly on the PP. And Eller is considerably better in the defensive zone. Maybe he should change his name to Laurent Ellere.

• JO says:

I’m not gonna go there. It would come down to who had the better wingers plus the same amount of ice time. Eller will have 82 games to prove himself this time around. I’m not sold on Eller yet. Prove this year he’s a 500+player and I’ll give my opinion than …

• Timo says:

Are you implying that francophone Canadians get preferential treatment from Michael Therrien?

59. D Mex says:

Ivy League Dustup – meet the new Habs :-D

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

60. JohnBellyful says:

Okay, so time travel isn’t so absurd after all.
    Which choices would you make if you could journey into the past?
    Would you:

a.) Break bread with Jesus Christ?
    b.) Spend time in a cave with Muhammad?
    c.) Make small talk with Confucius?
    d.) Trade grooming tips with Rocket Richard?

a.) Hear Lincoln’s Gettysburg address in person?
    b.) Hang out with Da Vinci while he painted Mona Lisa?
    c.) Moon the Earth with Armstrong?
    d.) Go ‘Woo hoo!’ on Boone’s very first live game blog?

a.) Invest in IBM?
    b.) Invest in General Motors?
    c.) Invest in Apple?
    d.) Invest in the Montreal Maroons?

Find out:
    a.) Who was Jack the Ripper?
    b.) Where is DB Cooper?
    c.) What is Bigfoot?
    d.) Why was Grundman hired?

a.) Bet on Cassius Clay stunning Sonny Liston in 1964?
    b.) Wager the U.S. beating Russia in 1980?
    c.) Put money on the Jets defeating the Colts in 1969?
    d.) Back the Canadiens finishing first in their division last season?

a.) Take videos of the dinosaurs?
    b.) Pick up souvenirs while on holiday in Atlantis?
    c.) Check out a few dozen scrolls from the ancient Library of Alexandria?
    d.) Get front row seats to the New Year’s Eve Canadiens-Red Army game?

a.) Prevent Oswald from assassinating JFK?
    b.) Stop Hitler from taking power?
    c.) Impale Vlad the Impaler?
    d.) Give Sather an unlisted number?

a.) Apologize to Mary Louise for pulling her braids in public school?
    b.) Tell Andrea you’re sorry you got her pregnant
    c.) Tell Bobby, ‘You don’t have to marry me, the baby’s not yours?’
    d.) Videotape the game so you can make it to what would have been your 25th anniversary party?

– “A little song, a little travel, go back in time, the past unravel.” –

• johnnylarue says:

Um, I think we were told this wouldn’t be on the exam…

• Habitant in Surrey says:

Find out WHY ???; d.) Why was Grundman hired ?

• HabFab says:

A psychiatrist would have a field day with that last series…
      Do you want to talk?
      So why do you like to surprise the Coach in his shower?
      Did you have any feelings towards Andrea?
      Was Sister Mary Louise aware of your fantasies?
      How did you manage to impregnate Bobby with another women’s child without her being aware?

The questions are endless!
      Please lay on the sofa and get off the floor.
      Here is some Kleenex, we will continue after you compose yourself.

• JohnBellyful says:

Ah, Frank, Frank, Frank.
        We do have ladies post on this site so choice c.), Tell Bobby, ‘You don’t have to marry me, the baby’s not yours?’ was offered as an option unique to them, so they wouldn’t feel ignored.
        Mind you, they were also free to pick either a.), or d.).
        b.), on the other hand, sounds rather Machiavellian for someone of a distaff inclination. Exactly how did she arrange for the impregnation to take place?

• Eddie says:

“hey Maurice, two minutes for looking so good”

• Un Canadien errant says:

Well, since you didn’t number them, here are my responses in no particular order:

c) Like Norm MacDonald says, there are 12 human beings who have done this, but we can only name Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. We can name all the Kardashians though. In any case, this would be the biggest trip, in every sense of the word. Also, according to a doc I saw on PBS, a) kind of fell flat at the time, it followed an hour-long harangue by some other minor politician, people were exhausted, and were only starting to focus when Honest Abe finished. Newspapers apparently felt it was a little short.

a) I guess, to see London at that time, but the options here don’t really entice me. c) doesn’t exist, a large mammal like that couldn’t not have been discovered by now, its range would be huge, and anybody who thinks there is a lot of the West that is unexplored has never flown over and seen the logging roads and cut blocks. Plus, for a population to persist, you’d need a lot of breeding pairs, you couldn’t have just one or two hiding in a remote corner. d) is because Scotty Bowman wasn’t considered to be ready by Sam Pollock, even Jean Béliveau recounts how he spent a lot of time talking him down after games when he wanted to trade away half the team. They thought he was too impulsive.

a) just to be able to debunk the whole thing, maybe bring back some pictures and show he wasn’t a dreamboat Caucasian hippie. I’d kind of want to do the same for b), but in the interest of personal longevity, I also wouldn’t.

b) because I lived through it, and was sure that Bill Baker would make it a Big 4.

e) and I’m not going into details, but man I wish I could e).

b) because that’s the most proper use of a time machine. First you b), then you go and check out Cleopatra. Distant second would be a), mostly because I just saw the “Mad Men” episode where they show the impact that had on everyone, how everything stopped for a few days, phone lines were jammed, people weren’t going to work… Sad event.

c) Really tough one. a) would be awesome, and would put some serious clicks on the chronometer I guess, minimum 65 million years, and you’d not want to shave it so close to the meteorite smacking into the Yucatan, and want to check out earlier epochs as well, but overall, I’d have to go c). Think of all the arguments and scholarly debates you could solve with a few armloads of those. We analyze the Cynics and the Stoics and the whatevers based on scraps and fragments and satires about them written hundreds of years after the fact. Imagine being able to put that record straight. I’m a nerd, but I’ve always dreamed of c).

b), then a), then c), of course, in the proper order and at the appropriate time. Then buy the Canadiens outright, never mind the Maroons. Hire you, Bellyfull, to handle all press releases and communiqués. Timo would be my press liaison, and I’d encourage him to be extra surly. I crown myself as player-coach-GM, but in deference to the fans would only be on the third defensive pairing (with the biggest bodyguard I could find, like maybe I’d teach Ndamukong Suh how to skate) and take the second wave of the penalty kill, no sense drawing attention to my weak slapper and exposing myself to the ridicule of the community. But mostly I’d try to not impede our firewagon, Flying Francomen playing style, just have fun playing and watching the game from the best seat in the house. And man I’d have fun. There wouldn’t be cheerleaders, but there would definitely be auditions. I’d make sure the boys could have a beer after the game in the dressing room, but no dorky reporters milling about ruining our fun, screw the fines, I can afford them. I’d have Nuna followed, just to feed his paranoia, mess with him a little, but Gary Bettman would have cause for legitimate concern. No loud canned music during breaks in the action, just a classy organ. Maybe have performances at intermission, Robert Charlebois, Leonard Cohen, Beau Dommage, The Nils, My Dog Popper, Jerry Jerry, Arcade Fire, Men Without Hats, The Doughboys (a lot), Bootsauce (even more), heck, maybe even Céline, she’s a good Charlemagne girl, and Voivod, have some variety. Have a checkin system so that anyone buying a ticket has to show valid ID at the door, and it has to match with the name of the ticket holder provided in advance by the purchaser. No whining, and no more scalpers. Have the people close to the ice and in boxes pay through the nose, but have entire sections for school groups and community groups and hospital patients, at minimal or no cost. Spend lavishly on minor hockey in the province of Québec so kids have a chance to play the game. Decree that Nickelback shall never be allowed to perform on the premises. Use our home ice advantage to our, um, advantage when the Bruins visit, and the Nordiques eventually. Nothing too toxic or devious, it would all be non-lethal and undetectable. Well, maybe Brad Marchand might succumb, that’d be a shame, but what can you do? Repatriate Larry Robinson, goldarnit. Investigate if I have “Droit du Seigneur”, I’m sure Brandon would understand that I sign his paycheques, that comes with certain privileges. Remove Canadiens’ broadcast rights from TSN and HNIC, launch my own network with Elliotte Friedman as host, and have my intermission panel show with Brent Butt and the aforementioned Norm MacDonald and Peter Kelamis and Daniel Lemire.

———————————————————————–
      … you know, because there’s no way hundreds of overcompetitive stars with massive egos would ever cheat to gain an edge with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake..–Bill Simmons

• habsfan0 says:

Oswald had nothing to do with JFK’s assassination.
      If you went back in time,you’d see that for yourself.

• Lafleurguy says:

Break bread…?!!…how about breaking wind?

“May you live in interesting times.”

61. Habitant in Surrey says:

The Gazette’s Terry Mosher (Aislin): http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/09/13/drawing-conclusions-aislin-on-the-pqs-charter-of-values-syria-and-how-to-draw-a-squarehead/?postpost=v2#content

PQ’s Charter Of Values; ‘PQ To Ban > Turbans >> Kippas >>> Facial Scarves >>>> les Tête carrées

…hmmm, I thought number 4 were already extinct ? :)

62. HJ says:

UHmmmmm MT keeping the same lines together at training camp. Could be interesting!!

63. Habitant in Surrey says:

…the video showing Parros racing the Zamboni, and the Zamboni winning means what ?

64. On this day in 1962, the Habs traded for…

Ah, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.

___________________________________________

Exploring the Habs history at Le Tir, et Le But! Follow me on Twitter

65. ZepFan2 says:

“Did you check out Lashoff’s music up above?”

Yes I did, not bad. Maybe he should stick to music. At least then the only hits he’ll get will be less painful then the ones he’ll get playing hockey

———————————————————————-
    Ka is a wheel.

For Your Life

66. D Mex says:

Nick Tarnasky : 6’2″ / 224 lbs – knows how to find the penalty box.
    Tell us a bit more, Pat !

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

67. Mavid says:

Well we did it..we ate at the A& K Lick A Chick..yes that is the correct name..beside it is the Lick A Treat ice cream bar..I would be more than happy to post a pic if someone can tell me how..

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

68. Hobie Hansen says:

69. Habsolutely says:

Must be really crappy seats. My tickets to see the Habs at Florida are a lot more expensive than seven bucks.

70. Habsolutely says:

Ya. I live here in South Florida, originally from Montreal. The seven dollar thing is a bargain basement season ticket package for nosebleed seats. Basically designed to get people to come to the rink and try some hockey games for cheap.