What can you buy for $405?

dollar-signs

A lot of groceries.
Or a Platinum-level ticket to one of the “optimum” games on the Canadiens’ home schedule.

The most expensive seats at the Bell Centre sell for $249 per game. That jumps to $409 for optimum games: about a dozen per season, including visits by rivals Boston and Toronto.

Corresponding numbers last season were $232 and $345.

Top price in Toronto is $430.50.

Let’s hope the games are worth it.

NHL.com assesses the Canadiens

Number 26 turned 27 yesterday

EotP on Brock Trotter

Kevin van Steendelaar on AK46

Ranking the NHL IIHF style

Bell Centre ticket prices for the 2011-’12 season:

1. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

The owners, along with GB are first in line to be blamed for the state of this watered down new NHL…I see them as being like an addict…all they want is more and they care not how they get their fix. Today’s player’s, not all of them are lined up at the trough also, and are no better than those running the league. Show me the money ! The justifiable excuse they use for their high salaries…”we have short careers and have to feed our families to survive after their playing days are over” doesn’t cut it with me. Do they think we are that stupid to believe that shit ? Unfortunately and sadly, millions of people are sucked in to that lame justification. How much $$$ do you need ? The average joe makes 50 grand a year before taxes, and would have to work 10yrs to make still less than what these over paid half- assed player’s make in 7 months if they don’t make the playoffs…and those are the 4th line slugs who are lucky there are 30 teams in the league or they’d be workin’ at some bar bouncing, or a damn car wash making minimum wage !!

I would love to take my two son’s to a game but I just can’t do it. I certainly don’t wanna take em’ to see the Florida Panthers or some other welfare funded team that Canadian franchises support through paying high ticket prices in Canada to keep these garbage teams in a so-called elite league.

I worked hard all my life to put bread on the table for my kids and I’m not going to spend it on these slugs so they can eat caviar and drink Champagne ’till they puke !!

I could go on and on with this but, it is making me nauseous just typing it. The league, owners and players will eat themselves in the end game !! Something has to give sooner or later ! My 46″ HD Sharp Aquos LED which we slaved to buy will do just fine. Hey,uh… Molson Bro’s Geoff, in particular…. I may be dumb, but I ‘aint stupid !!

2. EricInStL says:

Professional sports cannot sustain itself in it’s present form.

3. I blame Gomez, the Aliens, and the Molsons. In that order.

4. Hobie Hansen says:

I guess my days of going to watch my favorite hockey team in person are finished with those prices.

Sitting in the nosebleeds stinks compared to watching the game on a giant sized HD television at home with food a beer that are a fraction of the price.

And paying $500 for two seats in the Reds, plus food and beer at completely stupid prices..forget about it.

Sure I could afford it once in a while but you feel like a complete sucker paying those prices.

What a joke.

If you make 50 grand a year or a million, you have to feel like a complete loser paying those prices.

Imagine paying $500 to $800 for a 1-0 snoozefest. you should have just flushed the money down the toilet?

Or maybe went gambling or gave it to a crackhead on the street.

• Everlasting1 says:

Yea, but have you noted the price of a movie and the #1 popcorn combo at SilverCity without a ScotiaBank SceneCard?

——————————————————————-
      “God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: “How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Psalms 82:1-2

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• scenecards are free ya cheapskate!

• Everlasting1 says:

After signing your life away ya tool.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• yes, beware the scenecard and flu vaccines

• Everlasting1 says:

Your confidence/trust in banks and govt officials is admirable.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• and your confidence in prisonplanet.com and loose change isn’t

• HardHabits says:

Neverlasting1 links his handle to infowhores.com

• Everlasting1 says:

Woah there kiddo. Keep your head up crossing the blueline or you’ll get flattened to the ice heh

• Everlasting1 says:

HH, TMZ is not a legit news source for world events.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• sad thing is, there are concerns and validity at infowars (mired in a LOT of bewlsh[t) and suckers like E1 trigger a honeypot to the cause, its funny, sad AND meta

• Everlasting1 says:

And Howard Stern is a journalist with integrity tackling core issues that concern us all.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• howard stern isnt a journalist

nice awkward deflection though zippy

• Everlasting1 says:

Certainly not, but he’s your inspiring radio-wavey bubble-gum idol. Time to changedachannel.

• i can multitask

look into it

n00b

• Hobie Hansen says:

I stopped going to the movies years ago.

In general, I hate lineups and especially lining up to be completely ripped off.

I could not possibly bring myself to pay $10 for a coke and a popcorn.

And I wouldn’t want to imagine how much two adult tickets to the movies are today?

The best thing that ever happened to me was losing a high paying job and having to suffer for a year. I had to account for every penny to say on top of bills and still have a little fun.

Now that I’m doing pretty good again, I would never waste money on those ticket prices at the hockey games or movies.

I refused to get f&^k’ed up the #$% and make somebody else rich. To the best of my ability. Some thing are unavoidable I guess.

$10?? Try $20.

• Hobie Hansen says:

So $20.00 for a pop and popcorn that in reality costs .10 cents.
            nice purchase.

• Everlasting1 says:

Two pops, and butter. Gotta add the butter.
            Needless to say, I download a lot of movies.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Oh yeah for sure.. Netflix is a pretty good deal. The cost of a pop at the movies pays for Netflix for the month.

Throw in the price of pop, popcorn and two regular price tickets and you could pay for Netflix for the year.

• Bripro says:

My wife and I went to Guzo on cheapie tuesday, and it cost us $11.00.
          For both. I almost dropped dead right there. Finally, a deal.

Habs signing Woywitka can’t be good news for Diaz, Nash and Mitera.

• RetroMikey says:

It’s a 2 way contract….stock up the farm with some big D help they need in Hamilton and Woywitka can help the Dawgs.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• TorontoHabsFan says:

I would suspect that he’s only above Diaz and Nash on the depth chart if Gauthier decides on going with a defensive defenceman as an injury call-up.

He absolutely pushes Mitera down the depth chart though.

6. secretdragonfly says:

Not hockey-related but to anyone who is in the vicinity, show your support for the owner of Le Manoir in Pointe-Claire, who is fighting the city’s rezoning of that venerable institution from commercial to residential

• oh that sucks, manoir is one of the few places in the west-island that doesnt leave me covered in douchechills the size of nipples

• JD_ says:

Ok. Bit of a scare there.

Accordin’ to the article, the owner – Peter Sergakis, who seemingly owns every pub/bar in Montreal – is havin’ his kitchen expansion plans blocked. No threat to the actual business.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing: In the almost 30 years I’ve been frequentin’ the place – it’s still only a five-minute drive from my house – the food’s been consistently sub-optimal. Haven’t really spent a lot of time eatin’ there, although it is relatively cheap.

Prime rib’s pretty good, though.

• secretdragonfly says:

Hey JD_, I don’t think it’s ever been known for its fine dining but when I lived in Pointe-Claire, it was a good place to hang out to watch a game and have a pint (or two).

• JD_ says:

Maybe that’s why city council is blockin’ his kitchen expansion plans, you know, for the greater good.

The key thing is it isn’t gonna close. Sergakis is just tryin’ to play hardball.

Won’t keep me from hittin’ the place for hockey games, beerses, and s***s ‘n’ giggles.

7. HabsFanMTL says:

from what i saw, Mike Komiserik can fight better than Jeff Woywitka, i’ve yet to see a video of Woywitka winning a fight or coming close to winning one…….

8. Feraco says:

Who ends the season with more points:

Emelin or Weber?

Molson Ex mon ami

• Emelin because he’ll get more ice time.

• 24 Cups says:

Weber. He’s more of an offensive Dman and should also get extra ice on the PP & 4th line.

• Talik Sanis says:

Weber, if he is used on a regular basis, rather than being a healthy scratch, as he’ll receive power play ice time. Even if we’re decimated by injuries, I’d rather have two forwards playing the point than Yemelin. He has a serviceable outlet pass, but no offensive vision or creativity. I would say his playmaking skills are below average due to below average offensive hockey sense. Further, while he has a quick release on a solid wrist shot and his slap shot is strong, it’s inaccurate. Weber is superior with respect to his overall shooting ability; for a man his size, he has a bomb and can aim it properly.

I also expect that Yemelin will have to suffer through being benched and scratched in the near future. His positioning and penalty problems will irk Martin. This will lower his point totals on the season.

9. el heffe says:

we just signed Jeff Woywitka. Another very solid shutdown D-man. Sorry Spatch, looks like you’re being phased out.

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

• HabsFanMTL says:

the habs just signed another Dman??? i’m not seeing it anywhere?

• el heffe says:

TSN, Habs World, Sporstnet, RDS. try those first

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

• el heffe says:

1 year. 1 way contract. So He’s playing. He’s a big body and a plus 5 on a crappy Blues team, I like it alot!

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

• TorontoHabsFan says:

According to the Canadiens press release it’s a two-way deal. Basically he replaces Picard.

cheers

• Kooch7800 says:

actually it is a two way deal

What are you smoking?

• el heffe says:

to all the perrenial experts, the innumerable punditst that make this site impossible to enjoy. Your boundless knowledge in everything Habs related has made it an absolute pleasure reading your constant criticisms of each other and personal attacks to drive your opinions home. It makes my day, every day, reading the vicious insults that the regulars on this site banter back and forth at one another. Keep it up fellas. You make all Habs fans proud!

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

• Everlasting1 says:

Your all-time fave is Gorges?

• el heffe says:

Gorges. you bet. I could choose Richard or Robinson or Naslund and try to pretend i was paying enough attention at 5 years old to enjoy watching these guys play. But really, it’s the new generation Habs that i am cognizant of. I liked Josh when he played in Kelowna, saw him play there a few times and i was happy when Rivet went to San Jose for him. I was one of the few and many disagreed with my opinion when i said i liked the trade back then. Now, he’s a heart and soul guy on this team.

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

• Woywitka isn’t a shut down defenseman. He’s a good depth defenseman who can put the puck in the net at times. He has a good shot and solid skillset, but he’s not anything close to a shutdown D.

• el heffe says:

He’s not a shutdown d-man? at plus five on a minus team like the Blues. Ok, lets argue his role now just to argue. Who gives a rat’s ass what he does its’s a big body and solid signing. People will find fault though, won’ they. We could sign Alex Ovechkin and some folks would crap all over the deal. Read the tag line. it says it all!

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

• Uh, I have no problem with the signing, but what you said was wrong. You should calm down.

Paul Mara was a +2 in 20 games with us, is he a shutdown defenseman? +/- doesn’t show what kind of game you play.

And Woywitka hasn’t played for St. Louis in 2 years. He played for Dallas.

• el heffe says:

his best years were in St-Louis. Like when we signed Halpern we all said his best years were in Washington. Mara was a shutdown d-man. What else was he, an offensive d-man. And trust me, i am calm.

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

• actually for most of his career paul mara was considered an offensive d-man, he had a 47 point season

• el heffe says:

not with us he wasn’t. it depends how you define “shut down” d-man. if you consider a shut down guy to be a top four d-man who is responsible for shutting down top four players than NO neither Woywitka or Mara are that. But if you consider any stay at home type d-man who uses his defense first mentatlity as a shut down guy than Mara played that role for us. Not saying he’s a typical shut down type just that he filled that role for us. Woywitka played 7th d-man minutes in DALLAS and was used mostly as a physical presence and “shut down” type player. I watch many DALLAS games on center ice because i am a huge Brad Richards fan and in my humble opinion Woywitka played shut down type minutes.

nobody knows the pain of being a Habs fan in a world of Habs fans…

10. Chuck says:

Wheelchair tickets to the high-priced games are $61, while folks in the rows around them pay $200. Must be because they bring their own seat.

11. Viruk42 says:

Something people might be interested in…somebody did all 30 NHL teams in a soccer/football jersey style:

Habs two are okay, but I think my preference would be for Calgary and Carolina.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Before I even open the link I hate the idea.

…and now that I’ve opened it it confirms my dislike. I hate sponsors’ names on jerseys. I won’t cheer for corporations. And I will never, never buy a team jersey that has corporate logos on it.

———————————
      For my training camp surprise, I want the second coming of Mike McPhee. And maybe Kent Carlson.

• Chuck says:

The CH is a corporate logo…

• Viruk42 says:

Then you will never buy a team jersey. They always have the manufacturer’s logo on it, Adidas or whoever.

Besides, it’s not about cheering for corporations. You cheer for the team, but if they get more money from corporate sponsorship (which they would if the NHL jerseys had the corporate logo front and centre instead of the team logo) you might see cheaper tickets or something. Higher revenues across the league, so higher salary cap, which helps the Habs get better players?

It is more relevant in a non-drafting and non-salary cap environment like European football though.

• Un Canadien errant says:

There is a difference between a small trademark logo and an advertising logo. A discreet Nike Swoosh or Adidas logo on a piece of performance apparel is expected nowadays. I do not wear a t-shirt or hoodie with a huge swoosh though, or any other corporate logos. My chest and back are not billboards.

As far as more corporate sponsorship revenue leading to lower ticket prices, that’s a pipe dream. Every team in every league will charge as much as they can for tickets, as they will for beer and hotdogs and parking and whatever else. If they manage to get advertising on jerseys, they will maximize that source of revenue and pocket the profits after sharing with the NHLPA. They won’t take that money and deduct it from the cost of tickets. The NHL and NHLPA are avowedly a partnership trying to grow the game together.

I really hope that we don’t open the floodgates on advertising on jerseys. The jerseys we have now look great. I always think it looks awful when I see the World Championships and see NHL players with a Skoda sticker on the front of their helmets, it’s ridiculous.

———————————

• Un Canadien errant says:

I agree that with the salary cap and revenue sharing, the owners’ excuse for overcharging for everything, and for demanding that cities build them a new stadium at taxpayers’ expense no longer hold water. Once a team is profitable, ‘maximizing revenues’ essentially means soaking the fans.

If the NHL puts advertising on its jerseys, it will do nothing for enhancing the fan experience, it will be a cynical moneygrab. If anything, it might detract some fans from purchasing said jerseys.

———————————

12. Back when I moved to MTL in 2005, I swear tickets in the blues were like 22 dollars or something. Crazy that in 6 years it’s doubled.

Never mind about the price of seats at the Bell Center. Check this out. Tax the rich players and the super rich.

On Monday August 15, 2011, 9:05 am EDT

BANGALORE (Reuters) – Billionaire Warren Buffett urged U.S. lawmakers to raise taxes on the country’s super-rich to help cut the budget deficit, saying such a move will not hurt investments.

“My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress. It’s time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice,” The 80-year-old “Oracle of Omaha” wrote in an opinion article in The New York Times.

Buffett, one of the world’s richest men and chairman of conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway Inc , said his federal tax bill last year was $6,938,744.

“That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income – and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent,” he said.

Lawmakers engaged in a partisan battle over spending and taxes for more than three months before agreeing on August 2 to raise the $14.3 trillion U.S. debt ceiling, avoiding a U.S. default.

“Americans are rapidly losing faith in the ability of Congress to deal with our country’s fiscal problems. Only action that is immediate, real and very substantial will prevent that doubt from morphing into hopelessness,” Buffett said.

Buffett said higher taxes for the rich will not discourage investment.

“I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone – not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 – shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain,” he said

“People invest to make money, and potential taxes have never scared them off.”

• Feraco says:

Great post.

Tax rates in Canada can run up to 50% while Mr. Buffett paid 17%!

“agreeing on August 2 to raise the $14.3 trillion U.S. debt ceiling, avoiding a U.S. default.”

The United States essentially revamp their monetary policy on a daily basis to maintain consumer confidence and to avoid default. In English, its a bad situation. Ex – Greece which recently defaulted.

In summary, lets appreciate Canada and how far we have come.

Molson Ex mon ami

• REB says:

He is free to write a cheque to the IRS any time he feels like he isn’t paying enough in taxes. Somebody please tell that moron to leave other people’s money alone!

• bleedhabs81 says:

Really? Really? I am refraining from calling you the moron, but only because I hate it when people quible and name call on here.

He is basically saying that the government should not consider additional taxes to those that are poor and go after those that live with excess, such as himself. He is asking why the rich seem to be excempt from tax hikes and why he does not pay the same percentage as the poor…. he knows the rich make the rules and they are just protecting themselves and their wealth.

I applaude his candid assesment

It’s all PR bs.

14. JD_ says:

* We’ve now gone what seems like a whole week without a piece on Erik Cole projections. How am I supposed to get through the day without yet another PIM forecast? HOW, BABY?!

* I like Kevin’s piece on AK46, reason bein’ we see eye to eye on the reality that K-Tit’s complainin’ is hardly a new notion nor of special importance. And, of course, I only like people who agree with me. Every coach who has ever coached – be it at the NHL level or just special needs U10 co-ed soccer – has dissenters. Every. Single. One. You may not like JM, and many have put forward supported arguments for not bein’ a fan, but somehow massagin’ AK’s comments into an indictment of the maligned coach is just plain ol’-fashioned intellectual laziness.

* Employin’ the term maligned in conjunction with coach when discussin’ a Habs coach is the most redundant of all redundancies. Win the Cup or you’re a loser. Plain and simple. Doesn’t matter if you’re Kirk Boucher, Guy Muller, or Sofia Vergara in a sheer teddy; big chunks of the fanbase will always eventually turn on you. Remember: New is better.

* This just in: Scotty Bowman is the worst NHL coach of all time, based, of course, on how players felt about him.

* When I type Brian into Google, the first suggestion that shows up is Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys fame; in third place is Brian Burke. No coincidence, then, that Wilson penned the followin’ songs: Better Get Back In Bed, Busy Doin’ Nothin’, Chug-A-Lug, Cuckoo Clock, Ding Dang, Don’t Talk, Gettin’ Hungry, God Only Knows, Hang On To Your Ego, Heads You Win – Tails I Lose, I Get Around, I Just Got My Pay, I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times, I Went To Sleep, I’m So Lonely, It’s Over Now, Let The Wind Blow, Male Ego, No-Go Showboat, Punchline, Shut Down, That Same Song, and When I Grow Up.

• I’ll have you know, that my soccer coach in Moose Jaw when I was 10 had zero dissenters.

• punkster says:

There was another well known Brian on that Google search, a bit further down the list but still apropos. Brian Eno penned a few interesting classics such as “Strange Overtones”, “Backwater”, “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” and an unusual little ditty titled “Seven Deadly Finns” which if you have never heard you really must check it out and read the lyrics.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Music for Airports is an all-time favourite. Listening to that in headphones while walking through the financial district at quitting time (as the people rush around you trying to catch their GO train) is just about the coolest feeling you can legally find!

• JohnBellyful says:

You learn something on this site every day. Guaranteed. Some of it’s useful, some of it’s weird, some of it I’ve used to invest in stocks and plant gardenias.
      So what did I learn today? There are TWO Chug-A-Lug songs out there. J.D. mentioned the one penned by the Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson, which I don’t remember but I might if I heard it played. The other one I’m familiar with, Roger Miller’s ’64 composition about his experiences with the evil alcohol.
      (Chug-a-lug Chug-a-lug
      Makes u wanna holla hidy hoe,
      Burns your tummy don’t you know
      Chug-a-lug chug-a-lug)
      Now that’s a tune I could get behind if the Hab fans made it their anthem, and got rid of that stupid — sorry, st00pid — Ole, Ole.

15. Propwash says:

Pretty soon, one would have to sell human organs in the black market for Habs tix

16. HabsPEI31 says:

NHL.com posted link doesn’t seem to work. FOr those of you trying, this one does…

“Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through.” – Jacques Plante

17. daveho29 says:

Living in BC as long as I have I’ve never seen a game at the bell centre but went to plenty of games at the forum growing up, loved standing room drinking beer… Working in the oil patch in N.Alberta for the next 6 months and making an obscene amount of money, think I will have to fly to Montreal during the winter and catch a couple of games.

• HabFanSince72 says:

It’s not the same.

The Habs organization have turned the game experience into a typical North American sports extravaganza, with mascot, cheerleaders, stupid little competitions during play stoppages, t-shirt cannons, jumbo screens, rock music & overpriced beer.

The magic of the old forum is gone. In particular, the intense focus on the game that there was in those days has completely disappeared. Now it’s all flashing lights and loud noise for the ADHD generation.

Some blame the disappearance of the overshoe as a fashion accessory. I blame Pierre Boivin.

• sorry, but the production level that is put into habs games is what makes it the best barn in the league to play in, you may miss the days of the forum but the reality is, had we had the same technology then and the competition being pushed by other forms of entertainment, you would have had the same treatment at the forum

if you need a reminder as to what a game without presentation is like nowadays, i would suggest seeing one at MSG to give you a little bit of perspective

• HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t need a reminder of what it was like – I was there at the old forum.

I remember they did not hand out white towels, and instruct fans on when and how (clockwise) to wave them.

I remember they didn’t have train sounds when a goal was scored.

I remember they did not tell you when it was time to “make some noise”.

I remember they didn’t simulcast the game on the jumbotron (what is the point of that other than to increase sensory stimulation in case the kids forgot their ritalin?).

I also remember the fans were much more individual, and that they generated the experience without being directed by the corporate shills. There was a guy with a big cowbell (which would be confiscated nowadays), and another guy with a booming voice who would start the Go Habs Go chant .

To each his own of course.

• i was there too, but in a world where everything is louder, more colourful and shinier, its going to be reflected at sporting events

sure its easy to say that back then we didnt need a jumbotron, but what helps that argument is that the forum didnt have room for a jumbotron lol

• avatar_58 says:

You’re old, gotcha

• Mattyleg says:

I’m with you on this one, HFS72.
            What bugs me the most is the loud music and distractions that are played after every whistle.
            A number of years ago I went to a game and was trying to get under Ray Emery’s skin because I was sitting just above the glass behind him, but after every stoppage, I could hardly hear myself yelling over the inane, ear-splitting Nickleback.

People don’t think things through, you see. They think that loudness creates atmosphere. This is the opposite of the truth. A quieter atmosphere is capable of slowly generating great noise through better communication between people.

Look at Chez Norman, the sports bar on Mount Royal. It used to be the best place to go to because of the atmosphere. People used to go nuts in there, and there was a fantastic feeling of cameradery during and after the games. Now, after their renovation, it’s freaking terrible. They play music so loud during commercials that all you can do is sit in silence watching the TV instead of talking with your friends or joking around with the other people around you.

It’s depressing.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Bripro says:

Get rid of that damn foghorn, bring back the organ player and the trumpet player, and with the usual crowd’s ruckus, the same magic still exists…

• Ron in Ottawa says:

You are right. Anyone who watched games in the Forum saw that the energy and excitement was caused by the intense focus on the games. There was the old organ that tired to rev up the crowd but the games that i attended there, no reving up was necessary.
        I cannot say the same thing about the Bell Centre. the game is overwhelmed by all the stopages- blame the tv networks- and mangments notion that we have to be entertained by noise, games and mascotts every moment. i know i sound like an old fart, but i do miss the wonderful excitment of goiung into the old building and watching magic on ice.

@mike Dunboyne, posting fromm bberry can’t reply. No Burlington ON

So I am thinking Woywitka gives more NAG than Picard, this may be a signing just to pacify the NAG needed fans!

19. Frank Labarbotte says:

I’m reading a lot of negative comments towards people in the reds… as someone who has had season tickets in the lower reds for years, I can tell you that there is no better place to watch the game than there. People know their hockey and yes, while a game against Atlanta will be full of corporates, EVERYONE and I do mean everyone who owns the seats is there with their wives/kids/friends and not business associates for those Premium games. Just because people dress up to go to the game does not mean they aren’t into it or aren’t fanatics. You don’t have to be in a jersey and painted face to be a diehard

• HabsPEI31 says:

Not only that, but going to a game used to be seen as an outing, no matter what economic class you belonged to.

Spectators dressed up, wore clean shirts and ties, sports jackets, and the ladies wore skirts and a hat. The men also wore fedoras.

When I got tickets to games as a kid, it was almost a prerequisite for me to dress up, or my mom wouldn’t give me my birthday present. I still wore my jersey, though :)

And I’m only 36, before someone says, but back in your day, gramps…

“Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through.” – Jacques Plante

• HabFanSince72 says:

Nowadays the only people who wear fedoras are hipsters.

By the way, aren’t you supposed to remove your hat indoors? In those old black and white photos of the forum a lot of the men are wearing their hats. Kinda dumb really.

• HabsPEI31 says:

Considering many saw (and some still see) the Forum as a building akin to a cathedral, they probably should have!

“Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through.” – Jacques Plante

We are all being sucked in. Every one of us. To the last drop. And we all love it.

Just call this place Stockholm Syndrome Inside/Out.

• Gerry H says:

Stockholm Syndrome to describe August optimism for the Habs forthcoming season? Really?

You’ve just exited Curmedgeonland and entered the Drama Queendom.

• HardHabits says:

For paying ridiculous mounds of money on a perennial middle of the pack team all the while being duped into buying into their glorious past as an indication of where they’re at today.

So stay put in Idiotville while your glued to re-runs “Dumbass and Dumbasser”.

21. mike3131 says:

We just signed Jeff Woywitka. THN player bio says:

“ASSETS: Has great size and strength. Displays a nice all-around package. Can produce points at lower levels.
    FLAWS: Struggles with confidence issues at the NHL level. Lacks defensive polish and makes too many mistakes with the puck.
    CAREER POTENTIAL: Depth defenseman.”

• Kooch7800 says:

Just saw that. I can’t figure out why they didn’t go for Scott Hannen at 1 mill a season.
      Woywitka is just a depth D man. We knew they would sign one more. He is no better than Picard though

• TorontoHabsFan says:

I suspect that Hannan wouldn’t have signed a 2-way deal, and if Mirtle is to be believed, Hannan wanted to play closer to his home in BC this late in his career.

• Kooch7800 says:

Maybe, I am not sure. I like Hannan though. Good D man and was surprised he signed for a million.
          Woywitka is fine for what he will be used for. Lets just hope we dont’ have a ton of injuries on the back end.
          I would like to see PG add a gritty forward who can pop in some points but I think he is going to leave it as is until the season starts

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Trent Hunter’s name has been bandied about since he was bought out by NJ. He’s coming off knee (?) surgery so he might be risky, but when healthy he certainly hits a lot (averages 150-220 hits/year) and scores a bit too.

His last contract was $2m/yr. so I’d think he’d be available for less than that on a 1 yr deal (he’ll has to prove that his injury is healed)

Then again, there are some intriguing names in Hamilton who could challenge for that last spot (Palushaj, Engqvist, Trotter, Dumont).

• B says:

Hannan had something to say about it and I don’t doubt that Gauthier was talking with Hannan’s camp. It takes two sides to make a deal and Hannan sounds very happy to be close to home and more likely a starting player in Calgary. It doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Woywitka was signed so quickly after Hannan signed with Calgary and closed that door for the Habs.

• HabFanSince72 says:

” Struggles with confidence issues at the NHL level. Lacks defensive polish and makes too many mistakes with the puck.”

Sounds like he needs Jack Martin’s magic touch.

Oh oh.

• slapshot777 says:

Just read it to:

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• avatar_58 says:

Do they really need another D-man? It’s already a logjam

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Pure depth signing in case of injury. A 27 yr old with 250 games NHL experience and is willing to sign a 2-way deal is never a bad asset to own.

• avatar_58 says:

I wish Spacek was 2 way….

• TorontoHabsFan says:

I think Spacek is going to be a pleasant surprise this year. He shouldn’t be forced to play the big minutes he has in the last 2 years.

A bottom pairing of Spacek-Yemelin or Spacek-Weber could potentially be very capable.

22. kempie says:

Somebody was posting the other day that they were going to watch some games from last season and was considering which ones to pick. It got me thinking that I’d pick the CHI game, maybe the DET game, or one of the VAN games, or that MIN game, I even remember a good SJS game. Then I thought, is it me or does this team match up well against the western teams? They’re good, entertaining games and I can see the Habs maybe getting by pretty much any western team in 7 games.

23. Frank2468 says:

Hi need some advice? Planning on trying to get tickets for one of the games this year. What I would like to know is what seats are decent that won’t break the bank. I’m taking my 9 year old daughter for the first time to the Bell Center and yes the wife is coming along as well lol? I know theres the family fun zone but is it worth it or should I get try other seats instead?

Thanks

• family zone is lame, if your gonna be in the nosebleeds at least go to the molson zone

• HabFanSince72 says:

I suggest the upper Whites. Higher up you have a high risk of Yahoos.

• GenerationYHabs says:

The last game I whent to, I had seats in the upper whites and trust me there are plenty of yahoos there aswell. The section I was in pretty much lead the “F%^& you Boston” chant.

If you’re going with a couple of Buddies the Whites or Molson Ex zone are great but if you plan on going with your 9 yr old daughter, then the family zone wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

• Frank2468 says:

Thanks for the suggestions but I was looking at the Family Fun Zone and there is a rule of which is.

The number of “Adult” tickets must be smaller or equal to the number of “Child” tickets purchased. Limit of 4 tickets per person. Limited quantities.

So I guess this mean that since I have one daughter only one adult can go?

• HabFanSince72 says:

Or bring an H I/O contributor.

• Malreg says:

For what it’s worth, they really do not enforce that policy.

I sat in the family zone for game 3 of the playoffs last year, and there were maybe a handful of kids in the entire section. I took my 10 year old brother.

However, just the fear of not being let in is enough to make a lot of people not risk it!

24. deimers says:

The worst part about buying season’s tickets is that you have to buy all of the pre-season games. My tickets are in the Whites, 4th row of the upper bowl, and I pay the same for those seats in the pre-season as I do in the regular season. That’s bullcrap!

If anyone is planning on shelling out $160 for a pair of pre-season tickets you should contact me first. I rarely go to any of those games and I’d be willing to accept substantially less than face value, especially from a die-hard fan.

Tue, 20 Sep 2011 Stars – Canadiens
    Wed, 21 Sep 2011 Sabres – Canadiens
    Sat, 24 Sep 2011 Senators – Canadiens
    Mon, 26 Sep 2011 Bruins – Canadiens
    Thu, 29 Sep 2011 Lightning – Canadiens

Contact me at deimers@hotmail.com if you want to save some cash on one or more of those games.

25. Pants Buzzed.;

Habs sign free agent d Jeff Woywitka

o_O

26. RH says:

A couple of months ago, I was trying to remember the name of that grumpy, sometimes very rude guy I’d occasionally listen to on the radio late at night, while I studied. That was, I don’t know, 18….20 years ago.

Ted Tevan…….huh….

My condolenses go out to the family of Mr. Tevan. I didn’t know he had such a legacy until I read the full article about him. RIP!

27. t1tan5 says:

For $405, you can easily watch 10 games at La Cage aux Sports.

• TorontoHabsFan says:

For $405 I can get 2 Blue tickets, a hotel for 2 nights, and two tanks of gas (to get from here to there). For the cost of a second ticket – I could have the most legendary weekend in the history of legendary weekends! :D

Unless you get them free, the expensive seats really aren’t worth it :)

• Mattyleg says:

What I find irritating is that those expensive seats are essentially paid for by the government.

There’s something called a ‘corporate gift’, which means that if you and I do business together, I can give you a corporate gift of two tickets to see the hockey game in the Reds. The government will then reimburse (a large amount, if not all of) the ticket’s price because it’s encouraging business and driving the economy.

Thus, the government is paying for those seats.

This burns my ass.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Precisely, which is why most professional sports franchises can charge so much for their premium seats – the entities that are buying them can afford to front the money it costs to purchase them knowing full well that it won’t cost them nearly as much at the end of the year…something the average individual cannot do.

bah!

• G-Man says:

Correction: we taxpayers are paying for it.

Thanks Gman! Exactly, hate when people say, oh we have free medicare! Ahhh no we pay through our freaking noses for it! The only people in Canada with free medical are the people living off cash income not reported to the Government.

• HardHabits says:

The government is not technically paying for the seats. The company deducts it from expenses so they pay less tax. The bottom line is the company generates income (and creates jobs in many cases) and the seats are paid for from that income generated. The government doesn’t write a check for the seats.

I got a tax return. I don’t see it as the government giving me money but rather that they took away less.

• also in fairness the government has cracked down on what can and cannot be expensed

yes you can expense hockey tickets but you must fill in every minute detail about who went, for what purpose, etc

ticket stubs no longer suffice to qualify

• mr92243 says:

That sounds swell, which box do I check on my tax return so that I too (a blue-collar working class schmuck) can send my friends to a Habs game in exchange for paying less taxes? Those tax breaks adds up and I’m sure that had it been paid in, it could be put to better use (for the public good) that instead being used to give the wealthy free perks that they could afford to pay for themselves.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

• G-Man says:

Yada yada yada creating jobs yada yada yada bullshit yada yada yada grit and sand seats…..

• HardHabits says:

@G-Man: once again you make no sense.

• Frank Labarbotte says:

I don’t think you understand the meaning of expensing things on corporate accounts.. the governments are not paying for the seats in any way shape or form, they’re simply taxing less on the purchase price

• Frank Labarbotte says:

I disagree. Sit in the lower reds right above the player’s entrance and tell me that’s not the best place to watch the game. Seriously. I’ve sat pretty much anywhere in the Bell Centre and there’s a reason people pay to sit close to the action

Further to the Leaf/Habs Rivalry. So couple years back (may have been last year actually, life is beginning to roll into 1 memory with no dates) I won tickets to Orig. 6 Leaf/Mtl game at Bell Centre. So i took my buddy, huge leaf fan. Mtl stunk the joint out, from the drop of the puck we were awful. My buddy said, wow, i now understand the difference between Mtl and Toronto. From 2mins into the game almost the Hab fans were all over the Hab players. He says, I have never seen a crowd get on their team so quick. In toronto there would be some mild booing towards the end of the game. He especially noted how angry/frustrated the Hab fans were.

Bottom line, he said you hab fans just don’t accept losing well, and demand your team be competitive. He now cheers for the Habs except when they play the leafs. I figure another 5 more years of leafs fulility and he will be fully eradicated of Blue ink in his veins and become a Hab fan!

29. Mattyleg says:

Ha! “White Center First Row”.

I think they could go even further with seat specificity.
    How about:

“Grey Not Next To A Big Fat Guy”
    “Blue Nearest The Gaggle of Hot Chicks From Quebec City Come To Montreal To Party”
    “White Kind Of Off Toward The Side, But Where The Beer Vendor Always Starts His Tour”
    “Molson Ex Zone Just Out Of Earshot From the Guy Who Screams a Lot And Always Gets The Players’ Names Wrong”
    “Red C From Halifax Don’t Really Support a Team And Want to Talk Business With The Guys You Brought For Entire Game”

That’s what I’d like to see.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

30. well for what its worth my season tickets didnt cost me much this year…

if only because they credited the playoff tickets to this year… (if you guys think regular season is expensive, having to fork over for EVERY playoff game is jaw dropping)

31. TorontoHabsFan says:

That’s the 2nd or 3rd person I’ve read that’s very high on Brock Trotter. I must admit, he always seemed a “career AHLer” in the Corey Locke mold (mould? I can never remember) to me…

(well that and the fact that he has the best ’70s pornstar name ever…)

If so, there actually could be a pretty interesting battle in camp between Trotter, Palushaj, Engqvist, and possibly someone else for the last roster spot.

I *did* appreciate the Ratatat song accompanying that second highlight video though :D

32. TorontoHabsFan says:

$58 for Greys is getting pretty steep guys – even moreseo when you factor in the in-house service charge for each ticket ($7/ticket if I recall).

Oh well, I’ll continue to pay it and they know it – which is why they can raise prices every year.

• HabFanSince72 says:

My favorite scam is the internet convenience fee.

• TorontoHabsFan says:

If I recall correctly from last year, tickets are bought directly from the Montreal Canadiens – so it isn’t even like the money is going to Ticketmaster or another 3rd party. It seemed to me to be a covert way of raising ticket prices without really raising them.

I wonder the same with plane tickets. I had posted a few days ago, how a plane ticket was $49 each. For the pair return, instead of being $200 plus a normal tax, final price was $495. How much of these taxes are actually going to the airlines, is the seat sale price a complete load of Hooey?

• TorontoHabsFan says:

The airport fees in Toronto are some of the highest in North America…it’s very annoying – the only way to get anywhere for relatively little money is to wait for a Porter 30% off sale – and even still you’re looking at $200ish round trip for a flight to Montreal.

I really wouldn’t be surprised at all to find that the airlines are getting a significant chunk of those fees – if they weren’t I would think you’d hear them complaining about it more.

• Mattyleg says:

A lot of those ‘taxes’ are actually airport fees, which are a set price, if I’m not mistaken. It doesn’t matter how much you spend on the ticket, the airport fees are the same.

Because Toronto City (or whatever it’s called) airport is small and close to downtown, the airport fees will be higher. Mirabel’s airport fees used to be significantly lower than Dorval. Just like Stanstead is cheaper than Gatwick, which is Cheaper than Heathrow.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Can’t believe quiet me is responding to a non-hockey comment. However, I urge you to check out this song about “low-cost” flying on this link. (Starts slow, gets better – trio of classically trained singer-comedians, simultaneously poking fun at Irish traditional music as well).

HabinBurl — is that Vermont?

Cheers

• Malreg says:

The Canadiens used to sell their tickets through admission.com, but when they noticed all the money admission was making through “service fees”, they decided to create their own site and sell the tickets themselves for all the extra “service fee” cash.

What really gets me is how it’s something like $7 for them to e-mail you the tickets…

• TorontoHabsFan says:

That e-ticket service fee literally made me laugh out loud last September…that’s one of the most brazen b.s. cash grabs I’ve seen yet :)

I would like to see an actual year end study of what a person pays in taxes each year % wise when you add in all these items like hockey tix, Plane tix with all the various taxes on them. Like gas we have so many things which get taxed at rates way above HST (here in ON).

33. Iceberg84 says:

Anybody know how wheelchair seating at the bell center works? What if you’re one person in a chair and one person helping that person? Do you buy two seats in that section? Or one and the other person has to sit somewhere else?

• you can accompany someone in a wheelchair, they will bring out a foldable chair for you

• punkster says:

Gonna tag you The Answer Man.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Im only speaking from experience ;)

Back when our seats were in my fathers name, he wanted to bring my grandfather to a game (who was in a wheelchair), so he aquired two handicapped seats.

About a week before the game, my grandfather had medical issues so he couldnt make it, all 3 of my brothers were around so my dad said “you 4 go”

My twin and i took the handicapped seats while the other two brothers took the regular seats.

I will say this, they are some primo seats, we beat ottawa that night, although i felt bad that we were the only two standing up and cheering in that section lol

• punkster says:

Can’t decide if this is a cute or a strangely disturbing story ;)

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Iceberg84 says:

haha, that’s a good story.

I wasn’t sure how it worked exactly. I didn’t THINK they’d make me sit somewhere else if I was with someone who was handicapped, but I just wanted to make sure before I considered it.

Thanks for the replies!

Summit game tickets also include the cost of the Bell Center and Hall of Fame tours.

35. Malreg says:

Why are people freaking out over that price? That’s for the first 2 rows and for “optimum” games. It’s not like it costs $405 to go see any game in the reds.

I always try for the whites (about $80, and the first row of the whites is one of the best places to watch a game). Or you can get the Molson Ex zone for about $40. It’s not like YOU HAVE to pay $405 to go see a Canadiens game.

• FishOutOfWater says:

how are the yellow corners? im thinking about going to the home opener and probably the capitals when they play in january. i like the idea of being near the goal line to check out prices moves.

• Mike D says:

If you mean the Red B Corners, they’re great seats. Saw the Habs/Ducks game last year in that section (on the side of the ice where the Habs shoot 2x) and had an excellent view of that zone. You can see the other zone but it’s a bit difficult to follow the play well and because they’re somewhat “better seats” it’s not as noisy as you’d hope for b/c the fans aren’t as hardcore.

If you want good seats (specifically for the zone where you’re located), then they’re a great option. If you want the experience of being surrounded by other hardcore Habs fans that provide the majority of the noise you hear when you watch games on TV, then go with the Molson Ex Zone. I could hear those guys all game long and they were on the upper deck at the opposite end of the ice!

A little side-story about that game last year. With the seats I had got to watch Saku take the pre-game skate and was in a premium spot when he got his standing-O! Same thing when he got his second standing-O as the games 2nd star (I swear he saw my “Welcome Home Saku” sign and nodded at me before he stepped off the ice). I was also in prime view of Max-Pac’s tying goal at the end of the 3rd period to send the game to OT!

Probably more info than you wanted, but thought I’d share an awesome memory of my experience. Nothing like being at The Forum/Bell Centre for a gool ol’ fashioned Montreal standing-O. Wish I could have been there the nights where The Rocket got his 10 min. one and when Saku returned from cancer. Those would have been something!

– Honestly yours

• Mike D says:

Not sure if people are really “freaking out” but I understand their concern. No matter how you slice it, even $200 is a lot of money for a 3 hour event. Especially one where you’re not guaranteed your team is gonna win.

And ticket prices are going up way too much. Last year, the Molson Ex Zone was only $30 and now I see it’s up to $40. Up 33% from one year and they’re the worst and cheapest seats in the house in terms of distance and location. Not to mention the email convenience fee which I think ran me $9/ticket last year. I mean seriously, almost 10 bucks to send an automated email?!?!?! WTF! At least if they called it what it really is (“Gouging Fee”) then I’d give credit for being honest.

– Honestly yours

So in reading EotP on Trotter, it states that if he does not make the Big Club’s roster he must clear waivers in order to get back to AHL Hamilton. I can’t see him clearing as teams like Nashville/Wpg would be wanting to pick up guys for cheap who are on the bubble to making NHL clubs. Is the reason for this because he spent last year in the K?

37. RGM says:

I find it entertaining that games against one of the worst clubs in the NHL are considered optimum games, based off of a rivalry that exists only the minds of a select few marketing agents and those who think it’s 1968 and the Leafs still have a chance.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

So my brother back in the Peg purchased season tix along with all his fellow teachers at the school he works at. Turns out he gets 4 games. My brother fell off the Turnip truck early in life and is a big Leaf fan. So when all the teachers got together to sort who gets what tix, he asked for both Leaf games…. no one else wanted them lol! He tried to get a Hab game for me to come home visit and go to game, not a chance did he get a sniff after wasting his early pix on the Leafs.

• avatar_58 says:

That has nothing to do with it. People want to see that game so they charge more, knowing it will ALWAYS be filled. If people pay, they will charge. Simple business decision

• Mattyleg says:

Plus, there are billions of Laff fans who can’t get tickets to see their own team play, and will come down the 401 for a bit of Mtl nightlife and hockey.
        Gotta make them Hogtowners pay!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Chris says:

If there is no rivalry, why do so many people waste so much brain sweat comparing the Habs to the Leafs?

How many times do we see Habs fans gloating about beating the Leafs, even if we don’t make the playoffs?

How many posts this summer have focused around Brian Burke?

It IS a rivalry, whether we choose to admit it or not. Montreal and Toronto have always been rivals in pretty much every sport, as the largest two cities in Canada.

Boston Montreal is a pure Hockey Rivalry. Toronto Montreal is a city bragging rights rivalry. While similar, there is a difference. Of course part of the difference, is we have no playoff history with Toronto since the 70’s. If indeed we ever start to meet Toronto in the Playoffs in any consistent manner this rivalry will change/improve.

But for now, in my opinion, the Boston/Montreal games are still diffferent, especially to the players.

• punkster says:

The pure hockey rivalry between Montreal and Toronto goes back even before my time as a Leaf fan in the 50s and 60s. The Bruins clearly sucked through those times and were not much of a threat to anybody. It wasn’t until the 70s that the Boston rivalry really heated up. Being over 50 I remember those original 6 days…when I remember anything at all about the 60s ;)

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Based on the number of gloating texts I get every time the Leafs are lucky enough to beat Montreal, I’d say the rivalry is still going strong. :D

Besides, the games always seem to end up 4-3 or 3-2. Regardless of how crappy the Leafs have been* – the players seem to rise to the occasion.

*the same was true during The Dark Years in the late ’90s – those truly awful Habs teams always seemed to put up a good fight against those very good Leafs teams.

• RGM says:

For Leafs fans that have NOTHING to cling to, sure it is. When I walked out of the ACC on April 9th happy to see a Habs victory I wasn’t thinking of rubbing it in their faces, I was thinking about the other playoffs teams and the likelihood we’d be playing the Bruins. Many drunks in blue sweaters were yelling obscenities and Mrs. RGM and I, but they were losers and their comments were as relevant as their team to my thinking.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Let’s not get too cocky now – it wasn’t that long ago that Toronto knocked Montreal out of the playoffs on the last game of the season :)

(I desperately hope that Toronto can get their act together – this town is a helluva lot more interesting when the Leafs are in the playoffs. And a Leafs-Habs playoff series would damn near kill me…in a good way!)

• RGM says:

That was four years ago now, and yeah it was a miserable feeling. How many key games have there been since? When was the last one before it? One important event that comes around as often as the Olympics doesn’t sustain a rivalry in my eyes when it is surrounded by matches defined as a good team taking on a bad team and occasionally playing to their level.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

• TorontoHabsFan says:

I see your point, and I agree…Boston has surpassed Toronto as their key rival (no doubt). But I still think that there’s something special about a Habs-Leafs game on Saturday night.

• RGM says:

Yep, Boston and Philly are the two big ones as far as I’m concerned. Washington & Pittsburgh are the second tier, based in part on 2010 and also because they house the two best players in the NHL. It’s so easy to get into watching these games because they’re all potential playoffs opponents and therefore a measuring stick for how the team’s doing at any given time.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

• RGM says:

Excellent question – I have no idea. I don’t consider Toronto to be Montreal’s rival. These are the terms I set forth when I evaluate a rivalry:
        1. The teams play each other in important matches that have serious consequences for one team or the other.
        2. The outcome is always in doubt, until the final whistle.
        3. There is on-ice hostility.
        4. The fans are into the rivalry as well.

To me, Montreal-Toronto fails to meet the first and most important criterion. They have not met in the playoffs since 1967. For the past several years, Montreal has been a contender while the only thing the Leafs have contended for is a lottery selection. The bar has been so lowered now that an “important game” between the two determines where Montreal’s playoff seeding is while there is nothing at stake for the Leafs. There is nothing more important about a Montreal-Toronto game than there is a Montreal-Anaheim game.

Why the obsession, then? A lengthy history where point #1 was at one time the key centrepiece of the young 6-team NHL, and the media continuing to make a story out of a supposed rivalry than Ken Dryden declared dead in 1983.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

• JD_ says:

It’s not a rivalry; it’s target practice.

Gotta keep sharp, man.

• punkster says:

I’ve been to a few at the Phone Booth and the target practice is usually up in the 400 sections where the Loafer fans fling full beer cups at the Habs fans below. I kid you not, full beer cups! Now that’s st00pid.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• no games have the atmosphere that a leafs/habs game at the bell center has

regardless how either team is doing

• RGM says:

This is true. Having been there for one–the night in April ’08 that the Habs clinched first in the East–it was a ton of fun. The night concluded with Gorges beating up Darcy Tucker, the latter never being seen again. It was cloud nine for Montreal as we were going into the playoffs as the #1 seed while the pathetic Leafs were decidedly not going anywhere.

For my money, though, I would LOVE to be at the first game against Boston this coming year.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

38. RetroMikey says:

Professional sports will be hurting and it’s coming to Canada folks.
    The Bell Centre is going to feel it to and sold out games will be a thing in the past.
    The average Joe Blow or Joe Family cannot afford to go to games anymore.
    So save your money and enjoy the game with family and friends at home or local pub or the single guys, $405 can get you better entertainment going out on a date or with your loved one by whining and dining her than watching these overpaid athletes milk your wallet and pay for their cottages, boats, cars, mansions, etc..

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

Is there any mandate from Mgmt that on Optimum game nights the players must produce Optimum efforts?

Linda set this to me.

So good Marketing for The NHL- in the USA- eh!

So first, the song that inspired a movie-

Then the humour eh…

Same dude eh-

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Meanwhile over in The Peg- Canada eh-

Then we have Goon-

A live audition-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i0qlXg6q1U

Actor. co writer, producer….non NHL player….

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0SOq2rByjw&feature=related

And how to be a Coach-

41. G-Man says:

So, $250 isn’t enough for a regular season game? I guess rich suckers are born every minute if these tickets sell out.

42. habaddict_andy says:

nhl.com reports on habs preview for this coming season. The author have similar view that I have in which there is no reason why we should not compete for championship this year.

43. slamtherimtim says:

what a rip off , we get gomer and 400 dollars tickets , and tampa get stamkos and 40 dollars tickets , threr is something wrong with this picture , a team should be able to spend on how much they bring in , not included what the other rich teams give them ,

44. centre hice says:

The only reason the Leafs are considered an *optimum game is because many Leafs fans travel here to see the game and are willing to pay.

I love Saturday night Habs vs Leafs. But who would pay almost double to see an awful Leafs team, other than Leaf Nation minions?

45. Haligonian-Hab says:

Is it safe to assume that the home opener will be an *optimum game? **sighhhh $$$$$$$$$$$$$