What a W!

Did eighth place ever feel this good?

Pat Hickey’s game story

About last night …

Pierre Ladouceur’s game analysis

Boston Globe story

And for your Lord’s day dining and dancing amusement:

iY16w4Z7WeQ

1. JD_ says:

* Man, there’s somethin’ to be said about these kinds of victories, as long as you’re on the givin’ end of things. Although shots were even in the first, the Broonz had far more quality opportunities. Price came through. Quality scorin’ chances in the second were minimal for both teams, with the exception of Bergeron’s first goal. In the third, the Habs owned the bulk of the opportunities and Thomas did not come through. In fairness, both – actually, all three – Hab goals were tough redirections. Also in fairness, Timmy crapped the bed in OT. He looked asleep.

* The only guys who saw more ice time than Subban last night were Seidenberg and Chara. This is despite the fact that PK, who went +2 on the night, has a grand total of 53 NHL games under his belt, includin’ playoffs. Clearly, he’s a fragile l’il thing, hasn’t been properly encouraged to raise his hockey IQ one iota this season, and is f*****’ ruined. This just in: Rice puddin’ inventories are at an all-time low. I repeat: We are runnin’ out of rice puddin’.

* HON: Thomas trackin’ Gomez’s deflected shot through his legs and all the way to the back of the net. Another few inches and Timmy’s head would have been firmly ensconced in a snug zone well familiar to Brian Burkie.

* I really can’t blame Zdeno for losin’ his cool last night. His team’s just been neutered with a dull butter knife, he’s had a number of costly eff-ups, and some celebratory kid who is sorta RookieDissin™ his netminder has the gumption to poke him in the back and shove him out of the way. Were the tables turned, and it was Hamrlik at the receivin’ end, I’d fully expect Roman to take the kid’s head off. Call it pride or competitive spirit, Chara’s got it to spare. And he’s a bright, self-taught dude to boot. Would have made an awesome Hab. Later on today, I’ll look up the Habs GM at the time of Chara’s draftin’ and drop-kick the clearly incompetent little worm.

* At some point durin’ the Wings-Nucks matchup, MacLean asked Milbury to comment on the Habs-Broonz game. Bumblin’ Mike, who clearly didn’t feel like talkin’ about it, obliged in the manner of a drunken bar patron melancholic about his long-ago days as the high-school football team’s star QB and now bitter about how everyone else but he has gone on to great success. I half-expected the failed GM to fall from his stool, puke on himself, and start bawlin’ about some perceived childhood slight. Should be a Canadian Heritage Moment in about 25 years.

* Of the 11 NHL games last night, 9 were decided by 1 goal, six of them goin’ 2-1. The only blowout was a 4-0 decision by Minny over the Crosbyless Pens. Parity, baby, parity.

2. WestHab says:

Seriously, that’s it? Kinda unusual to be removed half way in a game for the flu. Musta been a bad one.

- Who will be at the Heritage Classic?

3. Chips says:

Let’s say that a shot was redirected at the net with a high stick and the goalie gets a piece of it, but it stills goes in. No goal. If it goes in off another defensive player, then I believe that it would be a good goal. It makes sense. Though last night I’m not sure that the puck was actually going into the net until Thomas pushed it in. So…….?

25 in 2011

Dobber’s take on AK46:

“I’m souring on Andrei Kostitsyn. Talented player, but inconsistent and in the wrong coaching system. The consistency will come as he matures (he’s still only 25). But unless he gets into a different coaching system, he’ll never top 60 points. He has five points in his last 17 games and is on pace for 44. I think he’ll end up with over 50, so another hot streak is on the way – but for now I’ve soured on him.

It’s funny how a month ago we were all singing the praises of A.K.46 and dismissing Sergei as a future KHLer. Now Sergei is some sort of superstar and older brother Andrei is in a terrible slump. With Sergei’s goal Saturday, he now has 23 points, which ties Andrei.

S.K. now has 20 points in his last 18 contests.” (Dobber’s Hockey)

5. JohnBellyful says:

Didn’t see the game. Loved the result. Shocked by the comeback. Getting seven of eight points the last four games makes one somewhat optimistic facing the Rangers twice this week, although they’ve on a tear, and Pittsburgh, who will be without Crosby(?).

AK? Trade him. I’m tired of Montreal watching players leave at the end of the season instead of getting something for them at the trade deadline. AK won’t be a part of any Habs’ team that makes a serious run for the Cup but he can be part of the maneuvering to make it possible in the near future.

6. anotherhab says:

Sick from not performing!!!!

7. Storm Man says:

He has the flu.

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

8. Rugger says:

1 unless 2 can’t be refused.

9. HabFanSince72 says:

Question of the day

AK46 is a UFA this summer. As things stand we are not re-singing him, and he’s unlikely to contribute much to the team, especially in the playoffs.

Which of the following three options do you favour?

1. Keep AK46, see how things develop, and decide next summer how much we want him back.

2. Trade him before the deadline.

3. Fire Jack Martin and replace him for a coach who knows how to get the most out of all his players.

10. Kimberly2u says:

Doe anyone know what happened to Cammy last night?

11. Sportfan says:

I would love to see Weber replace picard on D and id really like to see Eller back in the Line up i have a feeling JM isnt being a good coach to him and Eller isnt a bad player i dont want another rookie reuined because a coach isnt treating him right for a guy who people claim that he made hossa and spezza who he is hes doing a terrible job on eller

12. HUDSONHAB says:

I wundered about that. I didn’t see a signal until he went to the penalty box. Did he confer with the other ref or did he just decide to make the call late. It was all kind of shady to me.

….Hab4life….

13. Curtis O Habs says:

Also note that on the way to the penalty box to review the goal, the ref took time to indicate no goal in case the review was inconclusive, the call on the ice would stand.  He waved the goal off some 8 to 10 seconds after the puck crossed the goal line.  Usually speaking the ref indicates goal and then goes to review.

14. mike g says:

Dont look at his salary vs his production.. Look at his effort level and missed/blown oppotunitues/not caring attitude vs his production. Thats how you judge a player, and his value to a team. Cone playoff time, salaries dont count. Effort level, heart and constant production count. And last year in the playoffs he scored in one game out of 19…. Not really the sign of a key contributor to your team. And like ive said on so many occasions, stats dont always tell the truth. Sometimes someone has bad stats but is working realy hard and syill doing their best to contribute in any way, like Gionta was this year. But AK is jist a total non factor, and hes not unlucky, his play this year is an exact reflection of hos effort and laziness level. Gionta is getting results now because hes being rewarded for his hard work, and AK is in the doghousebecause it simply doeant bother him to be there….if it did, he would do sonething about it

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

15. novahab says:

I know some of you have questions about the no goal last night so here is the rule. If the Habs knock the puck out of the air high stick or not and it hit their goalie no goal. If the other team does it against the Habs then it’s a goal. It like, there is always a reply on a goal the Habs score but on goals against Habs something there is ,sometime there isn’t That is rule 102A  called the Gary Bettman rule.

16. Psycho29 says:

Hey the Blues lost again last night…

17. joeybarrie says:

Like i said to the poster below, (I wont repeat it) but your addition of the ‘have control on the puck’ only makes me feel like that is making more and more sense.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

18. joeybarrie says:

This possibility makes a little sense. Hit the puck towards the goal with a high stick and it ends there or something… Interesting. Your memory is good, I think I remember something similar. And the way you explain it (because its against the Habs) it sound like it should be no goal.

I just don’t like the fact that everywhere else its play on. I still feel like the circumstances were puck hit with high stick (barely) and then on its way down it was pushed in for an own goal. But when it comes to MY teams, I usually only see it one way.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

19. Psycho29 says:

On RDS they said that the rule is if the puck is batted with a high stick and goes off the goalie into the net, it’s NO goal. The goalie would have to have control of the puck in order for the goal to be good.

20. joeybarrie says:

Im torn with this. I don’t like his maybe show up maybe not… Attitude. BUT I do not want to see him mature and do well somewhere else. I think his production is not terrible given his salary, I did a search the other day and alot of guys in the 3 million range average 50 points a season and are similar to him in points right now. Maybe a 3rd liner, albeit an expensive one.

I would like to see a trade like Lats where we get something good in return. If we do not sign him. I do not want to see him just walk. I think offer him the minimum we can this summer, hope for an offer sheet, and worse case is another chance.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

21. Psycho29 says:

I forgot about Chara icing the puck, missing the net by inches….Not the smartest play…

22. anotherhab says:

First off great win last night, I was out for a bite to eat with the family and checked on the score at the end of the 2nd to notice 2-0 for the B’s. Later when I got home I was totally surprised that we had won!!! Glad I PVR’d the game. Nothing like playing the Bruins when you need a boost and build some confidence!!  Love how B’s fans are calling for Julian’s head this AM. Two Bonehead penalties is what lost it — oh and having your 4th line players that late is reason to be PO’ed at Julien.

I thought AK46 looked more awake than he did during the Pens game — not sure if he likes playing with Cammy, because when Cammy didn’t return AK46 looked more inspired and quicker!

Speaking of Cammy, when are we going to see some production — still seems to resting on his playoff success! Nine games without a goal.

I would like to see Weber replace Picard next game  – anyone else?

23. HUDSONHAB says:

I’m not sure but if you direct the puck towards the net with a high stick and it hits the goalie it is no goal.

I recall a play in a Habs game where the other team knocked the puck down from behind the net, hit our goalie and went in. It did not count. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Does anyone know the actual rule when it comes to those situations?

….Hab4life….

24. joeybarrie says:

I disagree, the evidence is there. Two things happened. If they did not, the goal should never have been disallowed. In order for the Ref to make a decision either way he had to have seen SOMETHING. Upon replay the two things you see are high stick and Thomas’ glove pushing it in the net.

It makes no sense to me. Thats all. If the play is allowed to continue as long as the high stick team doesnt touch the puck first, why would the play not be allowed to continue here. The replays showed me enough to determine that. The only possibility is a specific rule that deals with this. But that rule would then not make sense.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

25. N.B.habs fan says:

Hope they don’t renew his contract,just a waste of our money…

26. Bugs says:

Boston’t first goal was a fluke. Off Jimmy’s skate. Coulda gone anywhere. Went to Bergo. Fluke.

Tit for tat. 1-1.

2-1 Mtl victory in overtime. Good?

Great.

Happy New Year, signed

L. Bugs Potter, esq., Herzog of ze Abominable Habsuchtig Brigade, Markgraf of ze Fearsome Flanell Flausen Flank, und devoted minion of ze Habsbros Order: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

27. Bugs says:

Listen, we gotta be real. There was NO clear-cut evidence to counter the ref’s albeit bullspit call.

Fersure, if he HADN’T signaled no goal, that SAME evidence wouldn’t have overturned it either.

Just a bullspit call, is all. That we overcame. So fugeddabowdit.

28. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Yes and if the Habs lost the game that way, we’d be saying they didn’t play a full 60 minutes and the other team was oportunistic. But in this case yes, of course the Habs were lucky and no mention of the Bruins easing off the pedal in the 3rd, right?

29. habs-hampton says:

I agree with your argument. Thomas swiped it into the net. The NHL rule book is quite vagueon how the rule is applied.

30. adam76 says:

Well said – its all about results and effort, and AK is bringing nothing to the table.

31. joeybarrie says:

I see what your saying, however to me you can absolutely say the the stick touched the puck and it looked above the goal post, however, you can also say that Thomas pushed it into his own net. The replays CLEARLY showed this to me anyways. Thus a good goal. I am BAFFLED as to why unless there is a specific rule about it. But that makes no sense, as you can continue the play after the puck has been touched by a high stick, as long as your team isnt the first to touch it.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

32. Omit says:

You are just upset because PT didn’t mention your name.

33. otter649 says:

Tough game for Chara (couldn’t happen to a nicer guy) on the ice for all 3 Habs goal – Has Gomez goal go off his bigfoot & ices the puck (going for an empty net goal ?) forcing The Bruins 4th line to stay on the ice and Montreal scores the tieing goal off the faceoff. Then goes after MaxPac for a slight shove after The GW Goal & then punches a couple of Habs including Gomez. I wonder what Mr Gomez said to Chara to make him take a swipe at him……..

34. Omit says:

Gee, that’s awfully nice of you. I guess The Habs have never lost games due to bad luck.

You are a _____________! (optional)

35. adam76 says:

Its all about perception and angles.  I was impossible to know 100% sure when the stick touched the puck.

IT looked good to me, but it was inconclusive (thus the call on the ice stands)

36. punkster says:

I believe PT refers to these posters due to their constant and never ending angry, negative and egotistical attitudes and comments. By all means, point out the flaws, criticise the system, protest when things go awry but try to employ a bit of perspective. This isn’t a government we’re protesting, it’s a hockey team. It’s just a game.

***Subbang!!!***

37. adam76 says:

Yes, only those puck bunny posters who vomit sunshine and poop rainbows are “real” fans.  A true fan would never question the logic or moves of management, or question the heart of a player.

38. joeybarrie says:

The second goal was justice for the first one taken away from us. Montreal did to Boston, what we let many teams do to us. The Habs ABSOLUTELY deserved the game. Boston did not put on a convincing win to me even without the last 3 minutes.

We put up many shots on goal, and created some good opportunities. Thomas played well until the end and kept them in the game. I dont think their goals were particularly great.

We did have alot of giveaways.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

39. PrimeTime says:

Totally agree with your comment, Ed. You are right when you think I am a “1/2 glass full” guy but I do have an open mind and respect others who do also. But I will stand against those to “balance the conversation” who constantly come here just to post criticism and cynical opinions.

Thanks for your reply.

40. joeybarrie says:

Im sure it’s been explained a few times. But for the life of me I cannot understand why that wasnt a goal last night. To me, even when the puck is hit with a high stick it isnt whistled down unless the team touches it again. If Thomas put it in his own net, again to me, that should have ABSOLUTELY been a goal. We didnt touch it again, and it absolutely did not go straight in cause thomas’ glove clearly pushed it in.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

41. mike g says:

Ok, AK…..you’ve been wasting a top 6 spot on this team for too long now. Guys like Pouliot get on average 8 minutes less of icetime per night, minimal PP time, play with guys like Halpern and Darche, but yet have Almost as many points as you. And to make matters even worse, Benny has 2 fewer goals, but has taken 58 shots less than AK. And to make things even more worse, Benny himself doesnt even play consistent hockey and often gets benched for it! All this goes to show is that with all the opportunities and chances AK gets, he cant even outproduce a sometimes lazy/invisible 3rd liner. Can we please all agree that AK is a waste of space on this roster? Hea taking a spot that can be filled by anyone, especially when AK has scored 4 goals in his past 32 gp and has 1 goal in his past 17!!! So can we please stop with talk of him being an offensive threat and physical force? All he is is a lazy player with no heart. Mathieu Darche is producing more than him, simply because Matty cares and works hard every shift; not once a month…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

42. Curtis O Habs says:

We should try to get Shane Doan from the coyotes.

43. adam76 says:

That second goal was a fluke – Montreal did not deserve those two points – but will take em.

We are having a better day today Shane!!

45. adam76 says:

I would love to see Price bust a move, after he wins a Stanley cup.

46. ed lopaz says:

some fans believe that management needs to be questioned and criticized.

many of these fans are equally passionate, and love the Habs as much or more than you do.

look at Leaf fans if you want to see what BLIND FAITH can bring a franchise.

you are a good fan, Prime Time, no doubt.

But the people you mention spend a lot of time and energy here, and they balance the discussion.

I try to have an open mind.

I think you and everyone here should try to do likewise.

I love my country, that does not mean I support the present government.
    I love the Habs, that does not mean I support present Habs management.

47. HABdriven says:

Terrific comeback and sweet victory against the collapsaholic Bruins. Some of the comments coming out of the Boston media sites are hilarious. Definitely made my day and weekend! Love the Wiz acquisition and P.K.’s grit, and am looking forward to an exciting run to the playoffs.

48. PrimeTime says:

And that is likely all we are gonna get for him. We will not get a “top 6″ or a 1st rounder as many here will complain about when it happens. In fact, so little is possible in return for AK in a trade, I say let’s let him play out his contract….he still may have one last scoring streak in him.

49. PrimeTime says:

Reading the fans comments from other team blogs is almost as entertaining as reading the same “cry baby” opinions posted by ManApart, TripleX, LA Loyalist, and all the other “Bill O’Reilly” loser attitude types. Same sh_t….different pile. You can find them on any team site.

50. Storm Man says:

LA could always start a Ducksinsideout.

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

51. SmartDog says:

Good point Ian.  And I was impressed how well PK and others stepped it up last night.

But Price is pretty damn important in this equation.  Too important in a way for my likings.

——-

52. CHsam says:

The mild beef salami i’m going to cook for breakfast has more spice and life than AK46… PG should trade him for a six pack

53. marshx says:

Carey needs to start bustin some moves like this during games!!

As for the game last night .. All I can say is NICE ! I think Gomez could take Chara :P

54. hab_skill says:

AK, Weber and a second rounder to Edmonton for Hemsky and a Third Round pick? Anybody?

Rob, goals against is not a Price stat, it is the only meaningful TEAM stat.  The 6 players protecting their goal together, until they gain possession and go the other way.

Not as exciting hockey for sure, but it is the winning est style, one on one. Every player has to buy in though.!

56. CDH says:

I can see PK and Price dancing up a storm in their next big win!

57. HabFanSince72 says:

We skated with them in the 1st. Maybe slightly out-chanced them.

They won the 2nd we won the 3rd and OT.

Out-shot them by 50%.

58. HabFanSince72 says:

I think he must have meant Saku, Chips and Lappy.

59. HabFanSince72 says:

Thomas actually choked big time didn’t he?

Not for the first time against us.

60. sholi2000.com says:

So happy they beat the Bruins.  I thought Thomas was going to stop everything.

Max Pacs, Great Work on that winner!

Chara, what can I say.  You’re an idiot on a team of idiots.  YOu belong a Bruin, and it suits you.

They Call Me Shane

61. Storm Man says:

When did PK,Weber,Eller, and Poo start playing for the Duck LA?

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

62. LA Loyalist says:

Well all credit to the guys for finally it going and to Martin for giving them rope. Bruins were heading for the Gatorade(tm) bucket an it cost them big time.

But why were we missing (AGAIN) at the beginning of the game? Didn’t the guys get Timex’s for Christmas??

AK, Gio, Go-No-Mo… I would rather suffer the slings and errors and learning curves of PK, Weber, Eller, Poo… and the kids in the hall, as long as the effort is there.

Watching multi-millionaires float around in a mobile coma makes me puke, or is that just me? We’re #8!, We’re #8!

But at least we’re up to 1 and 15 when losing after 2 periods.  Be grateful for small blessings.

63. Storm Man says:

I see nothing odd with manApart and triplex not posting when the Habs win.

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

64. SmartDog says:

So by rank we are worse off in goal-scoring but better in points.   Just goes to show, as Price goes, so go the Habs.

——-

65. Habnofear says:

All Hab fans should get  portable defibulators  from the Molsons so they can come back for the last 5 mins of the 3rd.Hope we don’t have too play the Boooins again cus Chara’s pissed,lol

That was not a  fun game and a great ending but honestly we fluked out. And my Max-Pax– Desharnais–Eller line is goinna happen!

66. Psycho29 says:

I want to see Price dance like that after a big win so a certain poster will implode….

Here are our weekly stats for how we place in the big picture of this 30 team league, compared to where we were last week.

Two wins in a row, great !. But not much separation when you give the opposition a point also.

The most important stat in evaluating a winning teams play, is always the Goals Against stat.

Goals Against—99,   We are in  3rd place.   Last week we were in   6th place.

Total Points  —49,   We are in 12th place.   Last week we were in 16th place.

Goals For     –105,   We are in 27th place.   Last week we were in 22nd place.

Remember this, Goals For, mean absolutely nothing, if your Goals Against, are better than the opposition.

This is the J. Martin defensive and play off winning philosophy.

Just ask Pittsburgh & Washington what happened to them last year with all there fire power. Hang onto your hats folks, we are even better than last year, injuries and all.

The system works well in the play offs.

68. BruinsRToast says:

Great morning everyone!  My cousin’s family lives in Boston.  I LOVE beating the Bruins! But I think I have no fingernails left.

I wonder how many players we can lose and still win some games?

69. Bill H says:

I agree Randy.  The Habs have some serious problems with scoring and with defence.  They were very soft for 2 periods.  But I’ll take the lucky bounces and the 2 points.  I don’t see that kind of luck happening on a consistent basis though.

70. twocents says:

Well, that’s odd. Over the past few weeks there are usually a ton of
    posts by a couple of posters with B&W avatars here. Huh! but last night, and
    this morning I can’t see any from them.

Weird… I wonder if there’s a pattern…

71. gloveside says:

We sleepwalk through 2 and a half periods, get a couple of bounces and pull one out of the fire. I’ve never seen a Habs team look so soft, but a win is a win.

Worried about the mounting injury report, though.

72. petefleet says:

My take on last nite’s game, from my rec room chair.

Darche’s goal was a goal.  I’ve seen it called a goal many times.

AK46 is not with us.  I’m not sure what it takes to get him engaged in the game, but I wish Martin or someone else would find out or trade him.

Although the Wiz did cough the puck up last nite, he’s not the defensive liability I thought he was going to be.  Side note: he’s better offensively than I thought he would be as well.

Gomez is playing better but is still a bit lazy and really should shoot more.  A quick look and there is no one to pass to, take the shot!!!!!

All the new / young guys are playing well.  It’s the vets that are struggling.

I’ve been hard on Price lately but credit where it’s due, without him playing well, 7 of 8 points would not have happened.  Glad he’s got his mojo back.

PK has settled into a more responsible role, good on ya Muller and co.  PK will be great if he can keep his head on.

I like how Martin was playing 3rd and 4th lines late in the game.  Takes guts to do that.

***Habs Forever***

Joey – I share your apprehension.  I can’t stand AK46 but I also don’t want to have him come back and bite us.

74. Rugger says:

How many times have we seen someone score a goal and immediately get crosschecked with no penalty, good on Max-Pac for doing the post goal hitting.

75. Keith says:

I’m still in shock that we won that game last night. Had a hard time going to sleep after this one, but I don’t mind one bit! It’s so nice to be on the winning side of one of these games. Hopefully the worst from December is behind them. On another note… I’M SO GLAD THE BRUINS ARE OUR BITCH LOL! GO HABS GO!!!

76. rocketsglare says:

True, but given this team’s struggles on offense and their injuries on D, winning consistently will IMO be a challenge

for this team. Their roster and past performance does not give me confidence that they can be masters of their own

destiny. Hopefully, this team will prove me wrong and start to finally play up to their potential and begin to win con-

sistently. Let’s hope so.

77. rocketsglare says:

Disagree. Every game in the Eastern Conference are all important now, especially how they may impact this team’s

playoff prospects.

78. TomNickle says:

In all but one regular season since the lockout, 93 points has been the benchmark for which teams qualify for the playoffs.  This team can’t and shouldn’t focus on what other teams are doing.  The team just needs to focus on winning.  That’s it.  The rest will take care of itself.

If they go close to five games over .500 the rest of the way the playoffs will come to them.

79. JD_ says:

The devil’s in the details.

80. Bugs says:

Gotta blend in with the cattle.

*Meeeuuu-ooo!*

Huh? Not bad, eh? Subtlety is the key, mate.

And then I pounce! Rrraaaargh!

81. Danno says:

Don Cherry’s Coat said…

We
    have too many guys who are just floating around and not putting in
    enough effort. The Habs beat us because they wanted to win more than we
    did. Desire and intensity — showing up — that’s what wins games. Not
    mailing in. Charra made too many stupid mistakes and it cost us the
    game. We deserved to lose.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

82. HabFanSince72 says:

Problem with Umberger is he only scores against us.

I am so glad I wasn’t drinking anything while reading that.

84. topher5468 says:

Where did thatstatement come from, NESN, I cant believe they would use that Frog expression publicly. Some people are still like cavemen, but I cant believe a Network would act like that.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

85. topher5468 says:

??????

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

86. drivefor25 says:

#4!BobbyOrr! said:

“Another disgraceful loss to Montreal. Chara sux and should go back to Ottawa or whoever would take him and his pathetic ‘leadership.’ These guys are a disgrace to the players and coaches who bled for the Bruins. Enuff to make grown men like Grapes and Milbury cry.”

Fan since ’71

87. Chuck says:

Bugs posted that statement to needle ‘em a bit, not the NESN guys.

Centre Hice: Bruins to unveil new look vs. Habs

88. Chuck says:

mikey said…

Wake
    up, people!!! The stupid Hab fans are invading this site again and
    putting up posts that are specifically designed to make us look like
    fraggin idiots!!!
    It’s not enough we gotta put up with being humiliated on national tv
    for the umpteenth time but we can’t even gripe about on our own site
    without hearing the mock-complaints of these imposters who are being
    deliberately ignorant so as to make the whole Bruin fanbase responsible
    for their stupidity, sorta like what we do when we blame everyone in
    Montreal for “booing our anthem” when it’s the same small amount of
    clowns found in every arena across the world who are doin it. They put
    a stop to it, so why can’t we?
    It’s sad to see it’s become inbred in our nature now to accept this abuse from those blue-blanc-b*tches.
    Screw you, Habs! Go back to eating your poutines and leave this site
    alone. So what if you beat us one game? It’s one game. Get over
    yourselves. Losers!

Jamaica Plain Johnny said in reply to mikey…

Speak for yourself, Mikey. I for one would welcome a good “french invasion”. ;)

goal_tender said in reply to mikey…

ask them how that last playoff series against the Bruins worked out

Jamaica Plain Johnny said in reply to goal_tender

It worked out great for the Flyers.

89. topher5468 says:

OK, thanks pal, I dont like things like that, not big on prejudices,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

90. Propwash says:

You guys are awesome!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

Tom Da Bomb has been suspended 6 games for hit on Stuart. Anybody seen the hit?

92. DONJUAN says:

T.K. hammered him no blind side shoulder to the jaw.  lights out Stuart. 6-8 weeks I.R. for stuart.

In HABS we trust.

93. j2w4habs25 says:

Wasn’t that a beautiful hockey game – I had always believed anything can happen in Hockey and that was just one of those things anything can happen in less than 1min:57secs.

Carey Price #31

94. DONJUAN says:

Any news on cammy.  After last night.

In HABS we trust.

95. SPATS says:

Saw it during 1st intermission on cbc broadcast. Milibury felt it was a clean hit… he’s such a douchebag

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

He deserved it. However, the big suspension should be going to Downie.  I’d give him 20 games or even the rest of the year.  There’s no question as to his intent, not to mention his stupidity.

97. deuce6 says:

Flu

-Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

98. Danno says:

They said it was the flu on TSN

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

99. DONJUAN says:

Thanks Good news for sure.

In HABS we trust.

100. SPATS says:

History of dance…goalie version. Carson Bonk… wonder if he’s related to Radek. Nice dancing kid. made this old fart smile more than once

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

101. SeriousFan09 says:

If Habs I/O had a subscription price, Bugs posting his work would be worth it all by itself.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

102. Da Hema says:

There is something much more troublesome about Downie. His dangerous play is not the result of stupidity.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

103. SeriousFan09 says:

Just as everyone was praising him for cleaning up his act, he goes and does that. It’s a pity that some people just can’t change. Hope he gets booted long-term, the NHL needs to send some messages.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

104. habs365 says:

I can’t believe you said that

105. Bugs says:

I’m French, Tophy.

Ça nous fait marrer qu’on nous traite de “frogs”, je t’assure. Aucun préjudice.

106. MD says:

Hockey is a beautiful sport

012pw4p4.jpg

107. Bugs says:

To be fair, I was hoppin mad when I wrote that.

Sometimes, we DO go too far.

108. LA Loyalist says:

ESPN says we’re screwed for Jason Arnott :(

“Arnott is a competitive player who wants to win badly, so a move to a contender will likely be welcomed on his part.”

109. adam76 says:

Did he really?  Reason number 4544 I refuse to watch the Communist Broadcasting Company.

2 billion a year?  Are you kidding me?!!??  We need to give Prime Minister Harper a majority this spring, so we can mothball “Canadas Network”.

110. LA Loyalist says:

You’ve not lived until you’ve sprayed eggnogg out your nostrils after reading something on HIO. Really.

111. novahab says:

I don’t know if Gretzky and his family are still living in Arizona if you are get the hello out of there. Wayne come home we need you on the CBC to bring some class to  HNIC which at this time is classless.

112. HabFanSince72 says:

Yup.

Your Ducks ain’t contenders, that’s for sure.

113. newbrunswick troy says:

As i was watching the CBC coverage of the habs last night, i could not help but notice how the play by play ans Analysts were all somewhat nuetral….like wow Glen Healy even had positive things to say about Suban….and even Cherry had a video highlight of Moen…….Its fair to say that with CBC brass getting an earfull the last few weeks…coupled with the fact that TSN is now doing many English games, the executives are finally getting the mesage…( all 33 million Canadians don,t live in Toronto)

114. anotherhab says:

Here’s the link to the Downie hit!

Amazing the homer Tampa announcer couldn’t see that as a charge and intensional head shot!

As a repeat offender I would expect 8-10 games!!!

115. Say Ash says:

Don’t bet on it.

116. The Teacher says:

Agreed. I was really confused watching last night also. Couldn’t believe it! What’s up with that?!?!?!?!

117. Bugs says:

Whoever offered the following…opinion on NESN, I salute you.

Mike Milbury has learnt a lot about hockey since he left the Isles. He’s probably one of the most thoughtful commentators out there. Maybe we should think about bringing him back, either as coach or GM?”

Nice! Oh, you just wanna WALLOW in the smarm, don’t ya?

118. joeybarrie says:

What Cup contender can take on his salary?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

They game was also being called from a Canadiens perspective, as if they were the team whose fans the network was broadcasting to.

120. avatar_58 says:

Haha wow, that announcer is *beyond* biased. Come on, how is that not a blindside?

121. otter649 says:

Thought it was funny at one point when Bob Cole called Glen Healey – Greg in reference to Cole’s regular Greg Millen who normally does games with Mr Cole but was doing The Ottawa Game ? last night………

122. punkster says:

This goes beyond hate. I don’t know if there’s a word in the English language to express the hate someone must have to wish MM on the Bs again. I mean, I like it. I really, really like it :)

***Subbang!!!***

123. punkster says:

Four full strides, elbows up and he lifts as he hits him to ensure a head shot. Bad hit all the way.

***Subbang!!!***

124. anotherhab says:

AS per TSN

NEW YORK – New York Rangers forward Alex Frolov will undergo season-ending surgery, the club announced Sunday.

Frolov suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Saturday’s 2-1 win at St. Louis.

The Russian, who signed with New York as a free agent in the off-season after spending his first seven seasons with the L.A. Kings, has seven goals and nine assists for 16 points in 43 games.

His best season was 2006-07 when he registered 35 goals and 36 assists.

125. punkster says:

An orthodontist’s dream.

***Subbang!!!***

126. Bugs says:

Hey, Yahoo, if you wanna send me eight bucks, no one’s stoppin ya.

127. LA Loyalist says:

Arnott’s fee would be pro-rata, less than half a season, I guess, so calculate that in.

In general, what do you guys think of the “rent-a-player” thing in terms of the overall game.

I guess the union would be for anything maximizing the movement of players, and it’s a good way to test-drive each other (maybe NJ wishes they’d rented Kovalchuk and vice versa, but do you think it hurts the integrity of the game at all? (not that the integrity of the game takes up any of Gary’s brain cells, such as they are).

I can see both sides of the argument, wondering what you guys think.

128. Duracell3 says:

Tampa Bay. Ice Hockey. lol.

129. Malreg says:

Capitals actually have a ton of cap space.

130. shootdapuck says:

Noteworthy also is the relegation of Stock back to the scoreboard with no options to comment!

From the outside it appears that Dec 16 has had some effect on HNIC as small as it may seem.

Now if Boston could only hire Milbury as its coach……!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

131. shootdapuck says:

Please please please please Neely and Chiarelli bring back Milbury!

You deserve each other!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

132. dre1744 says:

And Cole kept calling Patches  Pouliot   and a few times he mixed up Picard with Hal Gill   I have no clue how you make that mistake.

133. bigdave says:

With Neely as President reliving the so called “glory days” the return of Milbury to Boston may not be so far fetched.

“The Allo Police Media – a collection of bitter ex-coaches, players and wannabees whose collective lack of success accounts for their present positions in Sports’ equivalent of a Jerry Springer Show”

134. JSP1990 says:

Just finished watching the Minny-Dallas game. I know Minny got shutout, but man do I ever like to watch Cal Clutterbuck. Would love to see that guy as a Hab.

135. notbigbird says:

57 & 67 both tall, lanky. I do it myself sometimes. Must be stupid.

136. notbigbird says:

They seemed to be trying hard.

137. CHsam says:

Imagine if PG had pulled the trigger before he got injured.

138. dre1744 says:

Patches  and Puliot  isn’t so bad  but picard  and Gill

139. Number31 says:

And only a few steps away from where Downie nearly killed Dean McAmmond.

140. Duracell3 says:

Basically, he’s the offensive equivalent of O’Byrne.

141. weightman25 says:

lol worked at sportchek with that guy for 2 years guys a character

142. weightman25 says:

man u guys gotta be kidding me.. he takes 3 strides tthen glides into him at full speed the angle from above shows that best and he caught regin with his head down clean hit no suspension

143. habs001 says:

carolina now 3 points behind with a game in hand and has played 4 fewer home games…it might go down to the final games with boston…division winner 3rd the other team 8th or worse….

144. bigdave says:

From the NESN website(misspelling was as it was posted):

Quote:

These are all things that are controlled by the coach. maybe it’s time for a coaching change.

Maybe for a guy that will sit some over paid lazy player (LUCIC) for ten games and bring up oh, lets say Caron or choose a P-Bruin.

I don’t care that Lucic is at the top of the B’s with points. NO one and I mean no one puts in less effort than him. I watch that lazy waste of money glide out of the offensive zone and reach with his stick to the opposing player carrying the puck.

Not one F-ing stride. I say fire the coach,trade Lucic, Stuart and Mcquaid and a prospect and get some skating, hitting scoring machine in here as well as a puck moving D.

I wouldn’t even be opposed to sending Chara off into the sunset. If he played the whole game like he did in the minute after the game when he was simply bumped out of the way, maybe we would have wom that game.

THIS TEAM NEEDS A MAJOR CHANGE. EITHER A COACH (THAT CAN CONTROL THE TEAM) OR PLAYER PERSONEL. It’s clear that the team is not going anywhere the way it is now.

I am a b’s fan to the marrow, and I do beleive that there is talent from front to back and side to side, but it doesnt matter if they are going to play this way.

A final thought. How long have the B’s had this lack of 60 minute effort. 4 years? I’m telling you now, and you are all thinking it. this is a straight coaching issue.

You have to wonder why Julien was fired with a winning record heading to the playoffs with Jersey.

You have to wonder.

Unquote.

Trade Luchicken, Trade Chara , Fire the coach! Lack of 60 minute effort!!!

145. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Hey, hey the Thrashers are slumping. The Habs are behind by 2 points AND they have 3 games in hand.

Good opportunity to grab the 7th spot, heck even the Rangers’ spot – as they have played 1 more game than the Canadiens as well.

———————

Check out my new ‘Top 10 Saves of the Year’ video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jWCbVdpow

146. JSP1990 says:

I’ve heard he is! He also happens to be a hell of a hockey player. Would really lie to see that happen sometime. Might be worth giving up AK for no?

147. punkster says:

Oh great. I just posted a comment on NESN using my existing account (I’ve had one there for a while) and I noticed someone has managed to post under the names TripleX, Manapart, Nuna, retromikey and tony242. Just be advised I did NOT post those comments. My only access there is under my regular name, punkster.

(though I have to say, to whoever did it…good stuff)

***Subbang!!!***

148. habs001 says:

win the division and we are 3rd ..the way the team is right now ( hopefully it changes with some scorers by playoff time) the key for any success in latter rounds is to win a couple of rounds fast because if we have to play 13-14 close games there is no chance we will have anything left for the 3rd round,,,the way the team plays now we can win a series fast if we get a few breaks as most of the games will be one goal games but we also have to realize just as easily we can be beaten just as fast unless our scoring picks up…

149. habs365 says:

I don’t know where everyone is getting the big idea cammalleri is a big goal scorer..other than 2years..one with LA he scored 34 and one with Calgary he scored 39..he’s been around the 20 goal range..really that’s a 2nd line winger..the Habs don’t have any big scores..that’s their problem..they don’t have that one guy they can go to whom could put the game away..even some consistant scores, this team would be great..I have to give them credit..they’re hanging in there for now anyway..as for securing a playoff position..unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat..I wouldn’t wanna bet on it..and I hope PG isn’t stupid enough to give away his assets to make the playoffs and be gone in a round or two..they did alright last year..but I can’t see that happening two years in a row.

150. Jbird says:

Huh.  Some there seem to want Kessel back . . . . as ‘f they got a bad deal on that.  . . . .

151. Everlasting1 says:

Courtesy of Brad Winchester. Wished it was Avery lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

152. HabFanSince72 says:

Cheers, bugs. That was me. Old Style Hockey. Bring your lunchpail.

153. Everlasting1 says:

That Anaheim arena rocks :-)

Laps’ a$$ looks fat in black lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

154. Castor says:

Actually. He’s a 30+ goal scorer and has always been. Anytime he has scored around twenty he has missed many games due to injury.

Not to mention leading the league in 13 goals in the playoffs last year.
    He’s off to a rough start by his standards (on pace for about 24 to 26 goals. Which is what he had last year but he missed 20 or so games). He’ll kick in and then he’ll tear it up in the playoffs again.

The problem, in my opinion, isn’t the players. It’s the coach. I don’t think he should be fired but someone has got to talk him out of his system being used 100% of the time. If his goalie isn’t sparkling, his system is really really weak in the new NHL.

155. Castor says:

It’s very interesting to hear the fans in other cities isn’t it? They complain about lack of effort and coaching the same as we do. I have never thought Boston was a weak team (except in the Playoffs last year of course). To me they are one of the better teams. It’s actually encouraging to hear Boston fans rip on their team the same way we do here. Maybe we’re not so different.

156. J Haul says:

You’re selling Cammalleri short. His career low in goals (excluding shortened seasons) is 26. He’s done that twice. In his third year in the league and his first season with the Habs, where he only played 65 games. He then followed that up by scoring more than any other player in the playoffs.

Not only is 26 his low mark, but it’s clearly not “around the 20 goal range”. He can score. That’s where everyone is “getting the big idea”.

157. Everlasting1 says:

Thornton is a goon. Elbows Koivu in the face. takes him down and cross-checks him twice as he’s lying flat on his stomach. Shoulda been at least a double minor.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

158. JSP1990 says:

Cammy is good for 30 to 35. That’s not bad by any means. He can be a very good goal scorer. Yeah he’s havin an off season but that doesn’t mean he’s all of a sudden lost his touch. If he gets 26 or 30 this season, great. But I want him to score like crazy like he did last playoffs. That’s when it really matters.

159. JSP1990 says:

I agree. Not a fan of Big Joe. But maybe that’s because he’s Chokin’ Joe.

160. Everlasting1 says:

Choking is right. The Josers shut out for the 7th time this season.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

161. HUDSONHAB says:

It hurts not tohave a 50ish sniper no doubt. But when you have one sniper and he gets hurt you’re done.

Kinda like only having one guy that can blast from the point.

Or only one goalie that can stop pucks.

These are all presious assets but if you have a deep team that can step up like say Detroit you really have something.

….Hab4life….

162. The Teacher says:

I know!!…….So who has what pictures?

163. wotever says:

Patches 67, Pouliot 57.  Gill 75, Picard 45.  I have no idea whether he’s using the monitors or looking directly from the box, but if he’s using the monitors, remember they’re much smaller than what you and I watch (more than likely).

So Cole made more mistakes than normal, but I still like the sound of his calls.  I just don’t listen to them closely.  I guess the real loss is not having any insight added to the game.

It’s just a game.

164. wotever says:

Koivu _was_ holding the stick… ;-)

It’s just a game.

Somebody nailed it. :) I couldn’t stop laughing reading that stuff. Kudos to the genius behind all that and my hats off to everybody else who participated because it’s apparently more than one person involved.

166. habs365 says:

They’re averaging 33 shots a game and you’re saying they have to talk the coach out of his system..don’t buy that one..only problem the habs have..they can’t put the puck in the net..and I believe that has something to do with skill.

167. Chuck says:

I noticed that Gerry form the West Island got a quick rant in there, too. And can a call for some Bruin NAG be far behind?  :)

Centre Hice: Bruins to unveil new look vs. Habs

168. NoTinFoilCups says:

Old time goon hockey in the former Soviet Union. Whooda thunk it? The world has come full circle.

Goals Against—99,   We are in  3rd place.   Last week we were in   6th place.

Total Points  —49,   We are in 12th place.   Last week we were in 16th place.

Goals For     –105,   We are in 27th place.   Last week we were in 22nd place.

This is the J. Martin defensive and play off winning philosophy.

Just
    ask Pittsburgh & Washington what happened to them last year with
    all there fire power. Hang onto your hats folks, we are even better
    than last year, injuries and all.

The system works well in the play offs.

170. sidhu says:

From Spector’s: “Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson is itching to make a trade and everyone but captain Rick Nash is believed available.”

How about RJ F Umberger?  AK46 + ? for Umberger!

171. TomNickle says:

The goals for always dry up at some point Ian, like you say, the goals against is something that you can do your best to control and keep down by being disciplined.  That’s why Martin is a good coach to teach our young players consistency.

172. Bugs says:

Keepin the ball rollin on NESN.

“Why let one of our sports franchises devalue the rest with their loser mentality? If we’re going to get owned by the Habs all the time, why not just sell the whole organization to Quebec City and be done with it?
    Hockey and Boston just don’t mix; we should all just admit that we stink at it and let those frogs beat on each other instead of us for a change.”

Too much?

173. likehoy says:

anyone with size!

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

174. JD_ says:
    Never one to turn down the opportunity to be a complete juvenile:

Milbury’s Shoe said…

Look, if it weren’t for a couple of lucky bounces, Timmy falling asleep at the switch in OT, and the same lack of heart that lost us the series against Philly last spring, this game was ours. Milbury said so on TV last night and, while he may have been the worst NHL GM in history, he does say stuff on TV. That has to mean something.

I’ve had it with Julien. I have no particular reason for it, I just think new is good. Ok, admittedly, there hasn’t been a worse-dressed coach since the unfortunate Butch Goring and his tan leather leisure suits, but you catch my drift.

Chara yells at that Paceretty dude? Gimme a break. Mats Naslund would have levelled him.

Enough’s enough.

175. Danno says:

The team
    is going down the tubes and into the river. Nobody takes us seriously
    anymore because they know we always let up on the gas and play that
    stupid defensive shell that CJ forces us to play. It’s a recipe for
    disaster — like what happened to us against the Flyers. I’m too mad to
    talk anymore. Bye.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

176. Chuck says:

Joe said…

This
    is disgusting. What a joke of a fanchise this has become. Everybody
    over there talks a good game. But no one has any balls to call anybody
    out in their lack of passion and disire. This town deserves mire than
    this from our home team. The Bruins organization should not b allowed
    to wear the B on the from of their sweaters.

Tony242 said in reply to Joe…

I suggest that they change to an F for ‘failure’.

Centre Hice: Bruins to unveil new look vs. Habs

177. Chuck says:

Way to go stealth, JD! Only a Canadiens fan would know how to spell “Pacioretty”.

Centre Hice: Bruins to unveil new look vs. Habs

178. Bugs says:

So I guess it’s just us, what?

“I hear that every summer, the Habs hold conferences on how to inspire confidence and solidarity within a hockey club as well as how to extract the most effort out of minimal roster talent in order to win games and AVOID bowing out like lily-livered geishas all the time.
    I suggest Bruins management attend.”

179. mike g says:

I love what Max did to Chara after scoring the winner last night. Shows he has character and cares about winning. He basically told Chara ” this is my house, get the F out of here, you and your bunch of ugly Bruins teammates”. Thats the kinda reactions this team needs. And I love the way Gomez and Gill supported him by defending him and fighting with Chara and another Bruin. Character, will and a F-U attitude. Thats what we saw, and if its a sign of what our Habs are becoming, we wont be a walk in the parc to play against anymore….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

It’s a case of somebody getting their MySQL chocolate in somebody else’s PostgreSQL peanut butter. That’s one Reese’s pieces hatchet job. LMFAO!!!

181. Duracell3 says:

At least they got the right teams. I found an error on TSN awhile back, apparently Marek Svatos played baseball for the Colorado Rockies

2008/07/25 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Colorado Rockies to a two-year contract.

182. Danno says:

I don’t get it.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

183. Chuck says:

I particularly like how they’ve already slotted in the Bruins for a 3-2 loss in tomorrow’s game against the Penguins.  :)

Centre Hice: Bruins to unveil new look vs. Habs

184. Danno says:

Try this. Replace the words Bruins with Habs and Julien with Martin and it begins to sound like HIO after a loss!

Better them than us this time!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

185. Bugs says:

Morning. Nice cup’o'coffee. Almond croissant. (miam-miam!) And of course, some delicious NESN action.

What’s great about sites where you don’t have to login to comment is that you can give your…REAL opinion, knowumsayin?

Enjoy.

186. adam76 says:

While the comeback win was exciting, Montreal can not and will not make the playoffs taking periods off.  Gomez, after the Boos played hard.  Andrei Kostitsyn doesn’t even look like he is awake.

187. likehoy says:

for goal scorers, that’s the bottom line..when you’re scoring, you’re a hero.

when you’re not, there’s not much else going for them.

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

188. mjames says:

Gomez has the worst +/- for our forwards at -6. He does not back-check. You know Bergeron was his man on the second. Gomez is one of our worst defensive forwards. He offense is non existent.   He is godd for at least five turnovers a game. Come on guys you have to be objective in your comments.

mjames

189. likehoy says:

2 out of 3 of pacioretty goals have gone off of skates and in just by centering the puck..I dunno how many of those lucky goals he can score in a year…….

I don’t feel he has a dominant net presence yet…which is what I’m assuming we’re expecting from the kid.

also why did we play pacioretty down low and gionta in the slot? isn’t that kind of ironic?

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

190. TomNickle says:

To your last point.  Gionta is great in front of the net and Pacioretty’s been very good on the boards.

I do expect Pacioretty to be great around the net, not immediately though.

Pacioretty has definitely benefited from some breaks, but I don’t mind for a couple of reasons, we need the goals, and he’s working hard.  That’s a lot more than I can say for a guy who only played half of last night’s game.

191. likehoy says:

cammalleri has had a pretty bad season…he’s lost the cockiness he had from last year and is just going through the motions…frustrating to watch

I would have kovalev back at this rate :P. Actually I take that back lol.

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

192. TomNickle says:

I wouldn’t be heartbroken if we had to part ways with him.  Gomez takes a lot of justifiable heat due to his earnings but he at least finds a way to contribute defensively when he isn’t scoring.

Cammalleri is lost when he isn’t scoring goals, effort is nonexistent and intelligent play without the puck is an afterthought.

$6 million could be put to better use.  Somebody needs to have a talk with that young man about whether he wants to be Brett Hull or Jonathan Cheechoo, because if you aren’t going to perform in your role, you need to be able to do something else.  If you perform your role(scoring goals), nobody gets on you about the deficiencies in the other areas of the game.

193. Buster says:

Love this quote from a bruin’s fan on nesn;

We’re not a bad team; we’re just Montreal’s bitches, that’s all.
    Sooner we all accept that, better off we’ll be. I mean, what, 85 years
    now? It’s time we accept it and just concentrate on other teams cause
    we’re never gonna beat these guys. They punk us every time and it’s
    gettin kinda monotonous so to hell with’em. Just bend over and let’em do
    it to ya cause that’s all the Bruins are good for in this “rivalry”, it
    looks like.

Whooooaa baby!!! WHAT is goin’ on in Pennsylvania!!?

194. Bill H says:

Great quote.  Thanks for posting that.

195. Duracell3 says:

IMO, 24-5 is not a rivalry.

196. Bugs says:

Ummm…

Like I said…you don’t have to login…

So I didn’t. That was me.

197. Danno says:

I love this one…

We
    might as well face it. We’ll always be owned by the Habs. They just
    seem to have us figured out and we can never put together a sustained
    solid 60 minutes against them. They just don’t match up with us very
    well with their superior speed and better passing. Plus Martin is way
    smarter than Julien and always seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat. We
    might as well face it. Habs are our kryptonite.
    Every team has one. We just have to hope and pray we don’t face off
    against Montreal in the playoffs. If we even get there this year.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

198. clichabs says:

Unfortunately you’re right haha! You know what, it goes a long way saying all fanbases are pretty much the same!

199. Bugs says:

That’s why I put the word in quotation marks.

200. JSP1990 says:

Oh I know. Sucks that we couldn’t take advantage with their cap problem here shortly.

201. JSP1990 says:

I’m with you bud! Sick of those rumors. I tell ya what though I wish we could get Alexandre Burrows outta Vancouver.

202. thehabsfan29 says:

Would love to see burrows with the habs. doubt the nucks would ship him.  i doubt they would take ak46 for him.

203. HabFanSince72 says:

Poor Eklund. What’s he going to do now when he needs a Habs rumour but is too lazy to make one up?

204. thehabsfan29 says:

don’t worry he will figure something out especially since every rumour he makes up always seems to involve the habs. his next rumour will be  Luongo to Habs for Gomez E5.

205. HabFanSince72 says:

Well done.

206. SmartDog says:

Too funny.

——-

207. HabFab says:

As always Bugsy, YOU are the man!!

208. Bugs says:

Ennh, I have my moments.

209. rocketsglare says:

Cammalleri will not be making the trip to N.Y. and his status for Wednesday’s home game is undecided. Must be a

bad case of the flu. Hopefully, it doen’t spread to the rest of the team. Keep your fingers crossed.

210. rocketsglare says:

Does any one know if Cammalleri will be well enough to play this Tuesday against the Rangers? He seems to

have Lundqvist’s number.

212. thehabsfan29 says:

Finally that ends the stupid rumours of frolov to montreal.

213. Bugs says:

Hmm…I bet you do love that one…

214. thehabsfan29 says:

Bring on the arnott to habs rumours… so sick of hearing this rumour over and over. i for one would not want to see arnott in a habs jersey (UNLESS we get him for a very good price). his best days are far behind him.. and we can for sure pick up someone better then him.

215. avatar_58 says:

Boyd has 11 goals in 10 games putting him just under Pacioretty (17). Seriously??

216. Say Ash says:

Was this one of you guys posting on the Bruins site?

“Okay, here’s the real issue, folks. The Bruins are generally made up of Canadian players. Hockey is Canada’s sport. Do you really think that a former Canadian player, Michael Ryder, is going to allow the Canadians to lose on home ice? I think the league should check into this …”

I hope this guy is for real.

217. Danno says:

Another gem…

TheWadman wrote:
    Every
    year we get sucked into believing. Thank God I’m not stupid enough to
    buy tickets to this train wreck. How can you say this is not Julien’s
    fault? They have the talent but cannot finish. They panic every time
    they have the lead. Ever hear of calling a timeout to settle them down?
    The guy is lost and looks like he’s always thinking he left the oven on.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

218. DearyLeary says:

The better part was when he went into detail that Thomas was American, and yet our three goal scorers were all American.

219. lakechamplain says:

How low can HNIC go?

We’ve pretty well reflected on the game last night.  All the goals except Pacioretty’s laser remind me of Steve Shutt, who after a game where he scored a garbage goal, noted that “they don’t ask how, just how many”.

But my problem is HNIC seems to be in a downward spiral with their between-period shows.   Cherry’s act has gotten so tiresome you can pretty well predict what the old self-centered, narrow-minded jerk is going to say.  Hey, you’re right, I don’t have to watch, and usually I don’t, but I wanted to see his take on the Juniors Tourney.  Now, if Canada won, do you think it would have led his segment, with him taking personal credit for telling us about ‘our boys’ before anyone else had. Duh.  But no, save it til the end as if it wasn’t that big a deal.  And of course, don’t give the Russians any credit at all, just praise our good Canadian boys–at least the English-speaking ones–should be proud of what they did. Which is true to a point, but how classless to ignore the Russians, except to chastise them for celebrating too much and, oh my god, getting drunk.  I’m sure Don would’ve been aghast if his good Canadian boys had had a few ‘pops’ if they’d won.

But then in the second intermission it’s like going from the frying pan into the fire.  Do you think Mike Milbury practices making ignorant, obnoxious statements or do you think it’s just his natural ability.  Let’s see, in a week in which the league’s best player gets concussed with a cheap head shot, Mr. when-I-played-we-were-tough-as-nails Milbury acutally praises the shots to the head they highlighted.  One wonders if he had some brain damage that was permanent when he was apparently one of the toughest guys in the league.  Why does HNIC have this jerk spouting off his idiotic remarks week after week?

Hockey Night in Canada has gotten stuck in a rut while the game it adores moves into the 21st century.  The people of Canada who truly know and love the game deserve better.

220. Danno says:

You said it lakechamplain. That’s why I tune in to RDS. Plus I find la belle Chantal much easier on the eyes than Dan Charra.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

221. avatar_58 says:

That’s why I hope TSN takes over. Say what you will about McGuire but I much prefer their reporting and broadcast style. HNIC is good at hyping up big games and making video montages, but the segments between games are terrible. Biased reporting, Mclean siding with refs, Cherry making bigoted statements and morons like Healey and Milbury being their usual selves.

I wouldn’t watch it on CBC if I could get RDS HD

222. SmartDog says:

In the first period the color-commentator referred to the Gomez line as Montreal’s first line.   And then when Cami went out talked about him ad nauseum as the “straw that stirs the drink” on the powerplay. Not only is this an inappropriate and ill-fitting metaphor but he didn’t seem to know that Cami has been (to use a metaphor) dry as a sun-baked bone of late.  There were other stupid things, too many to count.  These guys are pros?  Is no-one doing their job?  Surely there are commentators out there who actually FOLLOW the teams and would work hard for such a plum job.  Oh I forgot – it’s CBC, where no-one can be fired.  I’m serious (I worked there), that’s the problem.   It sucks like a commentator sucking on a sucky straw in his stirred drink during commercial breaks.

——-

223. jimmy shaker says:

I wonder if Price can shake it like this peewee tender?  I think Price can get down and twist it out.  C’mon Carey give me some moves to go with your vogue.  That would be awesome.  And what do think the chances of Sid making his comeback vs us on Wed.  I’d say it’s about as sure as our three dollar bill.  I mean you can stamp it and then take it to the bank to cash it.  He won’t miss the habs on hab ice twice!

Shaker

224. SmartDog says:

Hear, hear!
    ——-

225. Exit716 says:

Boone’s guru will be the next GM in Ottawa once Bryan Murray is sent packing back to Shawville at the end of the season.

226. rocketsglare says:

From a Habs perspective, I would rather see Carolina win than Atlanta. Atlanta sits in 7th place and is

one point ahead of 8th place Montreal. At the end of 2 periods, Carolina is leading 3-2.

227. TomNickle says:

It’s way too early in the season to have a rooting interest in a game which doesn’t have any of our division foes playing in it.

If you want Carolina to win it should be because Atlanta’s a better team and a much more serious threat should they make it to the post-season.

228. Chuck says:

Just watched the video… hilarious! Imagine Price bustin’ out the Running Man, the Robot, the Lawn Sprinkler, or maybe jamming a little air guitar while the puck is up at the other end of the ice.

As for his poses after winning a shootout, I think his next one should be Dryden’s “The Thinker”.

Centre Hice: Bruins to unveil new look vs. Habs

229. RGM says:

Didn’t enough clowns jump all over him after the last one? The gall of imitating the great Ken Dryden would be too much for some.

230. Danno says:

After Patches scored the winning goal Bob Cole said ” And the Canadiens win the game and take over first place in the Northeast Division.” Not true. Boston still leads the Northeast because of course they got the loser point.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

231. TomNickle says:

Hilarious considering last night was their first loss on the season after taking a lead into the third period.

Granted their fans are justified in being sour with that franchise over last year’s eastern semi-final meltdown.

232. likehoy says:

I’m still not convinced with max pacioretty, feels like all his offensive contributions come from throwing the puck to the net and coming up with something random.

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

233. TomNickle says:

Brendan Shanahan and Dino Ciciarelli.  One player in the hall of fame and the other will be a first ballot entry.  Both made millions and defined their careers by going to the net and scoring ugly goals.

Pacioretty has been very consistent in his play since being with the big club, he hasn’t always produced points, but his play hasn’t had peaks and valleys, a strong indication that he is ready for a full time role.

Also, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Gomez and Gionta have been our two best forwards since his arrival with the big club.  A steady linemate who can maximize offensive zone possession time and give Gomez and Gionta time to get into open areas is exactly what they need to be successful.  He’s essentially the perfect compliment to them.

234. Chuck says:

Check out the result that they have posted for last night’s game…

Centre Hice: Bruins to unveil new look vs. Habs

235. Psycho29 says:

From the NESN Bruin’s site….funny to read the fan’s comments and think about the HI/O site and what’s posted here sometimes….Just replace the Booin’s player’s names with various Habs, Julien with Martin, Chiarelli with Gauthier and replace Neely with Molson….

slater said…

Savard was once again, awol. Ference was once again, lost. Wheeler was once again, stupid. Julien was once again, uninspiring. Chara was once again, passive. I don’t get it.

Does Neely watch these games? Chiarelli must not be, because if he doesn’t see that this team will be a huge disappointment, he needs to go too. The 60 minute game will be elusive as long as the makeup of this team remains the same.

Savard and Lucic, 2/3 of our first line, had no shots on goal. What a playmaker we have. I don’t want to hear about the concussion, because it is not a factor in the bad choices and lack of defensive effort. Shake this team up NOW, before a playoff collapse, because it lacks the drive and guts to survive the run.

236. soperman says:

This is the second time this has happened to Gomez by my count.  Scott!  Fire the puck at the net when there is not a better play.  Don’t assume the goalie will always stop the easy shot.  (Especially when Toronto is the opposition.

The Langenbrunner trade is a win-win-win situation.  A decent article.

I seriously doubt he ever would have come to Montreal.  Not mention we can’t afford a 2nd round pick.