Certainly no fun for Patrick V. Hickey, who had a worse night than the Canadiens.
The Gazette’s intrepid beat man parked his Honda Civic – 564,000 km and purring like a kitten – at the Wachovia Center.
Because the car has Quebec plates, Flyers’ fans slashed the tires – and stole the plate!
Two Canadian TV trucks were vandalized as well.
And Marc-Antoine Godin of La Presse Tweets: “2 PHI fans yelled at TV guy ‘go back home, you
f@#$#& French-Canadian!’ One had Briere jersey, the other a Gagné”
• Canadiens have tough hill to climb – Stubbs
• “We just didn’t have it” – Gill
• No credit for Gainey – Todd
• Stubbs on Michael Leighton
• A new bully on Broad Street – Roy MacGregor
• Flyers mojo carries over from Bruins series – Michael Farber
• No signs of Philly letdown – Scott Burnside
• At least the Bulldogs won
And Hockey Night in Canada ran a nice Elliotte Friedman feature on Brian Gionta.