Weber out, Darche in

There will be one lineup change tonight as Yannick Weber sits and Mathieu Darche rejoins Benoit Pouliot and Jeff Halpern.

The thinking is pretty simple – it’s better to have the Halpern line at full strength in 5-on-5 situations than to have Weber available for spot duty on the power play, especially when the Canadiens don’t get a lot of power play chances and Weber is on the second unit.

Scott Gomez is at his usual spot on the No. 2 line and he worked on his shooting this morning. He and linemate Travis Moen were on the ice for an extra half hour in addition to the usual morning skate.

Goaltender Carey Price makes his 21st start in 22 games.

1. LA Loyalist says:

Wow. What a great adventure. It’s so important that great players like Moore are remembered for what they accomplished, how they conducted themselves and how they understood and honoured to the best of their ability the tradition of the Canadiens.

We can only pray that today’s players do half as well.

What a fabulous memory for you!

2. Say Ash says:

One day, buddy. One day.

3. D Alcorn says:

Thanks for posting this – it works well with a brief delay (satellite ?) from the RDS broadcast.

Question : on air play-by-play was based in LA tonight.  Do the broadcasts follow particular team(s) [eg : Kings] or is it possible to get team of choice whenever / wherever they are playing.  Thanks again !

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

4. twocents says:

So much for your powers of prognostication.

5. JD_ says:

What you got, pal, was my attention.

And I can absolutely guarantee that if you are ever again overcome by another urge to refer to me that way, you’ll once again have my attention.

6. Clay4bc says:

What I have gotten, my erstwhile friend, is your goat.

If that’s what you mean, then yes, I “got it”.

I had some hockey taglines, but I don’t know where the puck I put them.

7. samTHEman says:

3-0 Kings

my 2 cents

8. JD_ says:

“Too bad Gauthier doesn’t believe in winning by scoring.”

Nuna, who finds a way to insult management on a daily basis, lost my respect a real long time ago.

I’ve seen your frequent mood swings, my pedantic friend, so feel free to spare me the indignation. It’s a load of disingenuous shite.

Got it?

9. Clay4bc says:

His point was clear; we need scoring. Do you dispute this point。

This is what bothers me most about this site – the gang mentality. You all just gang up on a person because of his username, and totally disregard the words. Disagreeing for the sake of disagreement, because you don’t like the person. Yet if SeriousFan of Twocents (to use as examples) would have made the same point (which is a true point, BTW), then you would all be clamouring to input your agreement.

I had some hockey taglines, but I don’t know where the puck I put them.

10. twocents says:

I personally thought your post was solid.

It’s a great sign that more of us are noticing this. This represents a real evolution of the team’s approach and capacity. We couldn’t afford to do this even two years ago. And, to top it off, we are able to do it and continue winning.

11. JD_ says:

To be fair, what goes down on here is all well and good. Other than the guys runnin’ the site, nobody’s bein’ paid to write nor is there any expectation that any thoughtfulness is goin’ into it. Everyone’s pretty much entitled to say what they want. And they do.

It’s all good.

An erstwhile professional sports columnist works, at least in my view, to a higher standard. If he wants to cross the line into a personal attack on a pro athlete, he’s set the tone if things don’t quite work out that way. I have an expectation for, at the very least, the writer to demonstrate some level of personal integrity. I’m seein’ none.

Were I in his shoes, I would have handled it differently. Different moral code.

12. Clay4bc says:

My mood notwithstanding (which is great, thanks for asking), I’m sure Nuna cares as much about your opinion as you do mine, and I can assure you that I care as much about yours as well.

The point is about respect. You show none, yet Nuna never insults anyone.Think about that.

Think really hard.

And while you’re at it, think “really” hard about the difference between “real” and really”.

I had some hockey taglines, but I don’t know where the puck I put them.

13. newbrunswick troy says:

i can think of 8 million reasons why i wish you were right>>>but unfortunitly i would sooner bet on my mother getting called up from her church quire group, to sing the national anthem..(in portugiese)

14. Say Ash says:

meh, no biggie, he’s called me names before, no idea why, although he resorts to it pretty quickly

15. Bill J says:

There are a few “clowns” that fit that bill here…

It is frustrating, because it sounds childish to say “I told you so”

But some of the things said in the off-season, where outright outrageous.

16. newbrunswick troy says:

more so importly..its a pretty good scouting staff, that said it would be interesting to know how the Habs scouting staff is doing , you know since the big house cleaning this summer, or did we ever re-hire or is P.G going to watch a lot of Bob Mckenzie on TSN a week before the draft???????

17. D Alcorn says:

There are lots of former and current NHLers where we are now and the same guy who teaches powerskating to my peewee team also works with the pros (Weber, Keith, Gorges – possibly also Iginla) in the offseason – they all have things to work on and improve.

I say good for Gomez : this signals professionalism and desire to improve.  Not sure I follow the reference to crossovers tho’ (joke ?) as, IMHO, one thing he does seem to have going for him is speed and decent lateral movement with the puck.

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

18. Jeff says:

Wow, good for you guys!  Dickie was one of the classiest Habs ever, in the same category as Yvan the Roadrunner, Jean Beliveau & Doug Harvey.  Real players from another era,a great moment for you Hab fans. I won a bet naming Dickie Moore in a photo that nobody else could name. He was a keeper.

19. andrewberkshire says:

Thanks Clay.

20. andrewberkshire says:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Kostitsyn and Hamrlik also deserve apologies for being linked to criminals that they weren’t actually linked to. There was never a retraction.

21. ZepFan2 says:

Nuna has a point?

Sorry Clay, I’ve never seen Nuna make a point.

“Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.”

~Serge Savard~

22. HFX-HabFan says:

For those who missed it earlier this morning:

Continuing the “debut roster” series, here is a roster comprised entirely of current NHLers who made their league debut in a Los Angeles Kings uniform:

Total cost: $54.3million, or $5.1million under the salary cap.  A pretty deep group of forwards, a capable blueline, and a good young tandem in net (a few years ago, the duo between the pipes would have been Huet and Legace…my how times have changed).

23. JD_ says:

Do you really believe I give a flyin’ F what a perpetually angry clown like you would like me to do?

Seriously. Think about how really, really dumb that notion is.

Think real hard.

24. says:

Great story.  Dickie is one of the best Canadiens ever.

I wrote him years ago and his return letter was an honor to receive and read.

He and Jean have the nicest autographs too!

They Call Me Shane