Weary Habs get day off after loss in Phoenix

Coming off a 5-2 loss to the Coyotes Thursday night in Phoenix, Canadiens coach Michel Therrien decided to give his players a day off Friday in San Jose as they prepare to face the Sharks Saturday night (10 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690) in the final game of their four-game West Coast road trip.  The Canadiens also announced there would be no media availability on Friday.

Fatigue seemed to catch up with the Canadiens Thursday night in Phoenix.

“We started the game like a team that had played last night (in Anaheim), travelled and got in here at 3 a.m.,” Therrien told reporters after the game in Phoenix. “We looked like a team that was playing its sixth game in nine nights. By the time we got our legs under us, we were playing catch-up.”

Thomas Vanek, who was acquired from the New York Islanders at Wednesday’s trade deadline, made his Canadiens debut in Phoenix, playing on a line with Tomas Plekanec and Brian Gionta. Vanek had 15:34 of ice time, including 4:11 on the power play, produced one shot on goal and was minus-1.

“They’re two great players but it doesn’t happen in one night. Practice will be important tomorrow,” Vanek told reporters in Phoenix about his linemates after the game and before Friday’s scheduled practice was cancelled. “Gio found me a couple of times out there. For me it’s just about studying their habits and getting to know their routes so I can contribute with them better.”

Defenceman Mike Weaver, acquired from the Florida Panthers this week, also made his Habs debut, getting 15:22 of ice time and finishing minus-1.

The Canadiens will return home after Saturday’s game and face the Boston Bruins Wednesday night at the Bell Centre.

(Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

Habs vs. Sharks preview, NHL.com

Habs’ Stanley Cup odds get a boost, by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey

Habs get day off in San Jose, by Pat Hickey

Fellow Habs fan found in India, Letter to the Sports Editor

Canadiens run out of steam in Phoenix, by Pat Hickey

Habs rue ‘mental mistakes’ in loss, by Pat Hickey

Habs vs. Coyotes photo gallery, montrealgazette.com

Mix and match for Habs, Canadiens.com

Wounded rearguard Gorges heads home, by Pat Hickey

Good first day on job for Tokarski, Canadiens.com

Sabres fan club growing in Greenfield Park, by The Gazette’s Stu Cowan

1. CJ says:

My two cents regarding WJC’s comments below;

IMO, I think WJC has made some valid points. The reality is, we will not fully appreciate the scope of this trade for another 3-5 years. We may flip the rights to Vanek for a pick, who could end up being another Galley. We might not make the playoffs, in which case Collberg is the only asset to leave the organization. The second round pick could unearth the Isles a franchise player. Collberg himself could become a consistent 50 point guy…… We simply don’t know.

What I do know is this; We have put the hockey world on notice that Montreal is once again on the map. We have sent a very strong message to the players within our dressing room that the time to press forward is now. We have sent a message of confidence across the league indicating that Montreal is willing to support their players and is unafraid to take a chance and make a move when opportunity knocks.

I had a conversation with a former NHL player this summer and asked him about Bergevin. He told me he was regarded as a nice guy, perhaps the funniest man in hockey. I asked him about drawing players to Montreal and he told me that it was not a preferred destination. IMO, this move improves that perception. If the cost is Collberg and a second round pick to shift the perception of NHL executives and players alike, then I think that it is worth the risk associated with the deal.

Truth is, we may not resign Vanek. We hold a trump card as the only franchise who can offer the 8th year. I’m not suggesting that we use it, but it is there if needed. Two weeks ago I advocated for a move to bring in Shae Weber. I wanted to make a splash and put the league on notice that Montreal was a premier destination. This move, although not as significant, has helped to send the very same message.

In closing, I hated the idea of the conventional approach. When I thought that Weaver was going to be our only move I was dissappointed, if only because it reeked of the status quo. I have spoken openly about going against the grain, which I believe is the only way to win now. To acheive the greatest reward (Stanley Cup) who must be willing to accept a degree of risk. All those who are applauding Buffalo (including myself), there is zero guarantee that they will be a great team in 3-5 years. They have taken steps to improve their chances of building a franchise, but a prolonged losing record has considerable risks, especially when it seeps into the fabric of an organization.

This is bold, this is different. I applaud our new direction. Cheers, CJ

2. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

why not try

vanek- briere- Gally top scoring line
    patch- DD- bouruqe scoring line #2
    moen – pleks- geo checking line
    chucky- eller- prust 4th line

weise white parros

There is a whole new canvas up, and it is Collberg free!

Edit: Appears I lied, oops sorry.

4. CJ says:

I just wanted to share information regarding the draft lottery as there were posts within this thread that ommitted changes introduced last year;

Again, following the ratification of the CBA last year, all non playoff teams now have a chance at the first overall pick. Previously this was restricted to the bottom five teams.

5. Slackman says:

Been lazily reading today’s posts and the only thing that confuses me is the fact that wjc isn’t the GM of the Montreal Canadiens. He obviously knows more about hockey than anyone else ever has. The Habs would win the cup every year with this guy at the helm.

“When the going get’s weird, the weird turn pro”

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Ha Slackman!

You just insulted us 2999 OTHER GMs here on the site! Why would you single out just one?!

• RockinRey says:

Its an opinion. He believes what he writes. I just happen to disagree. There is an argument to be made that this could fail. In the even the Habs bow out quickly, which is just as likely to happen as them upsetting and getting to East final.

To suggest Collberg will be in NHL next year and a star at that is a complete stretch.

The second rounder? MB will likely get that back…..

——————————————————————————————————
      You are entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong.

6. Storm Man says:

Hmmm so football players are not very smart? Interesting

7. Slackman says:

“You know nothing, Garth Snow”

“When the going get’s weird, the weird turn pro”

8. theox_8 says:

Colberg for sure leads the NHL in points next year , book it !! You heard it here first .

9. Storm Man says:

I wish I was in Calgary had to fly to Fort St John as one of the rigs is having problems. Guess for sure the Habs game won’t be here.

• Phil C says:

Almost any sports bar will have the centre ice package and will usually put the game on at least one TV for you. I was in Raleigh once at a sports bar showing only football and basketball convinced them to put the Habs-Bruins on the big screen. We even got the sound on after my good friend Andrew Jackson asked them nicely.

10. ProHabs says:

If you HAD to go into the playoffs with one of these players, who would you pick

Rene Bourque or Benoit Pouliot.

11. jols says:

Jets/Sens about to start on CBC.

Go Jets Go!!! Put another nail in the Sens’ coffin.

12. jols says:

Is Tiny staying up with the Habs for the rest of he year?

With the injury to Gorges I don’t see him being sent down any time soon. But, when Gorges returns, does Weaver grab a seat in the press box?

I know Tiny made a mistake on the one “Yotes goal the other night but other than that I think he has looked real good. His skating has really improved and he is much more confident with the puck not to mention he brings size and physicality that is much need during a playoff grind.

• Phil C says:

I would have Tinordi ahead of Weaver in the depth chart.

• wjc says:

Tinordi will be great, even Robinson took a few years to become Robinson, if you follow.

Some think Robinson was great from the beginning. The way I remember it he took awhile to find his game. Was even booed a few times, now he is a legend.

Tinordi can skate is big and tough, shot needs work but he needs a year or so.

wjc

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Good memory, wjc.
          We could probably also include Lafleur and Gainey as slow out of the blocks.
          So yes, let’s be patient for Tinordi (and others). But we don’t do patience so well here.

• CJ says:

Larry Robinson was cut from the Morrisburg Combines. Your point is valid. Robinson took time to develop. In fact, many local people point to his brother Morris (Moe) Robinson as being the much better player at 16 to 18 years of age.

13. Storm Man says:

What is the late HNIC game going to be? Habs or the Flamers vs Nucks?

14. Storm Man says:

Real men play golf and watch it? Who plays and watches Football and Rugby?

• joeybarrie says:

Real men when its cold out and there is no golf on TV, of course.

• 24 Cups says:

Storm – Real men play golf because not only is it a fascinating game but it also builds character and let’s a person challenge their inner soul.

Football does not relate to character or higher thinking. Men who play rugby have character and guts – not so much when it comes to brain power.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Yikes, 24! You best delete that quick! Before rugby went professional in 1995, the vast majority of rugby players came from privileged backgrounds and were highly-educated and almost entirely professional, including many doctors, dentists, lawyer, architects etc.

• 24 Cups says:

I wish I knew how to post one of those yellow smiley faces.

I only allude to the sanity of rugby players because only people off their rockers would play such a tough and demanding game.

P.S. – Are lawyers still considered to be professionals?

• Blondie says:

Type a colon and a right round bracket with no space between them for a smile :) or a colon followed by a left round bracket for a frown :(

15. BJ says:

As mentioned a few times regarding the Moore/Bertuzzi incident here is an interview worth listening to.

• ProHabs says:

Colorado coach, I think it was Tony Granato at the time was an idiot for putting Moore on the ice in an 8-2 game. Everyone on earth knew the Canucks wanted a piece of him. Stupid stupid stupid coaching move. Stupid.

• Frozen Village says:

Agreed, putting him on the ice was not smart. Does not change the fact what was done to him was criminal. Also dont think that Burke, Crawford, nor Bertuzzi would have been satisfied without a significant hurt on Moore.

I was one of those people that thought Moore’s play on Naslund was deep dirty; still when you play eye for an eye, nothing ever gets resolved until it crosses the line.

More Swedes for the Lions in Winter

16. GL says:

Habs will be tested tonight. Win this one and they’ll be for real. I hope Vanek gets a Hat trick.

17. wjc says:

Similarities between Gomez trade (Gainey never lived down) and Vanek trade which could be the beginning of the end for Bergevin.

When McDonagh was traded for Gomez, it was stated by some that McDonagh had been over rated.

Gomez came in and had a 60 point season and was a part of the Canadiens run to the third round. After that it was all down hill.

Vanek was traded for Collberg, and a second round draft choice. Some will say he is not that great (only time will prove them right or wrong.

Vanek will test free agency, and the bidding will start, Minnesota has the inside track.

Collberg will be in New York next year as a 21 year old and Yanek will be playing somewhere else in all probability.

The 2nd rounder will take a couple of years to either fail or succeed.

The Canadiens at least got a full good year out of Gomez and McDonagh has blossomed, he just scored his eleventh goal last night.

The crying and nashing of teeth over Gomez goes on to this day, and Gainey is long gone.

The crying and nashing of teeth could begin as soon as next training camp if is found out that something good was just given away.

The Canadiens will have to go to the finals to justify what just happened. Denial is useless, the facts speak for themselves.

wjc

• GGtheHab says:

are u going to keep flogging this until somebody agrees with you? the trade was well received on here and you arent going to change anybody’s opinion, let it go…

• wjc says:

Not looking for agreement from you or anyone else. That is my take on the trade. When you wake up July 1st, remember your stand and then you can say “well done, it was worth it”. If Collberg becomes a star, just say ” Oh well we did our best, it was not invain.”

Your opinion means nothing to me, you just follow the mob and talking heads.

wjc

• GGtheHab says:

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion but how many times are you going to post it?

• RockinRey says:

Very very premature that Collberg will be a star. There are only 2 Stars on the Habs as it stands. PK and Price. Even Patches is not a star!!!

——————————————————————————————————
          You are entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong.

• Mark C says:

Collberg has 9 points in 40 games in the SHL, yet you’ve got him in the NHL next year?

You really did get into Ford’s pile.

• wjc says:

I don’t have him anywhere, I have no idea the competition level of SHL. I do have him in New York at their training camp and Vanek in some training camp, somewhere not named Montreal. Vanek could be in Toronto for all I know, wouldn’t that be a laugh.

wjc

• D Man says:

To which facts are you referring regarding the Vanek trade? I would like to check them out but you don’t seem to have listed them. Facts about Gomez and McDonagh don’t count you know. I feel stupid even responding.

You can’t be both a Habs and a Leafs fan

• wjc says:

Vanek is a rental, they gave up Collberg and a second…fact.
        Gomez was traded and had one good season and a good playoff run, he was traded for McDonagh.

Posters went nuts when they realized what Gainey gave up, even though Gomez had some success.

What will happen if history repeats itself….Vanek leaves (almost certain)…this is a well known fact and Collberg blossoms.

Don’t feel stupid, because you think you have many peers backing you up, this does make you right. The thing is Montreal ends up with nothing in a couple of months and New York has a couple of good prospects.

If Vanek signs with Montreal then Montreal wins, if he doesn’t the Montreal loses unless they make it to the finals.

wjc

• RockinRey says:

The second is not guaranteed. Collberg has had concussion problems. Projected at top 6….but they have 4 or 5 others with same type of skillset has he brings.

Personally I think they should have lopped off Markov, giO, Briere, Murray, Gorges, DD, Moen, Parros, and maybe one or 2 others.

They believe the East is wide open. It shows how shiddy the quality of hockey is.

——————————————————————————————————
          You are entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong.

• rhino514 says:

“If Vanek signs with Montreal then Montreal wins, if he doesn’t the Montreal loses unless they make it to the finals”

I actually agree with this, though I know most don´t.

Still, I get the trade. The way the team was looking, I wasn´t confident they would get past the first round. Eller´s off year has impeded us from having 3 threatening lines and it is tough to win with only one good line and one good defensive line that scores once in a while, and pretty much nothing from the third line.
          I think Bergevin was also banking on preserving home ice advantage, especially during a week when due to significant injuries we could have lost a lot of ground. If we get a point tonight and Price is back in one or two games, that disaster is averted.

• johnnylarue says:

Excellent piece of satire, wjc.

• wjc says:

Johnny, I expect so much more from you, you disappoint me.

You could explain the ‘satire’ idea, but I don’t think you can actually challenge my facts.

wjc

• scamorza says:

The trade is worth it they have a shot to go further this year , they didn’t give up a heck of a lot even if he is a rental – but you are entitled to your contrarian view

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

• wjc says:

If a second round draft choice is considered ‘not much’ then why bother keeping any draft picks.

If you are only going to keep your prospects until they are 20, then trade them all for older players.

Don’t get me wrong I shall enjoy the run and appreciate Vanek for what he contributes, I think he is a fine player. It is too temporary for me, I like to see a player play for a few years not a few months.

wjc

• HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

Jacob de la rose is better, plus we have lots of young forwards and prospects, now we have management who is going for the CUP!!! when was the last time we had that. Its a good trade, you have to give up something to get something and honestly we have alot better on the way,

• wjc says:

Law of averages says “YOU CANNOT HAVE TOO MANY PROSPECTS”.

Now you are hoping Collberg fails, if he does you will say ‘see I told you.

If he succeeds….you might say ‘damn’…..or be very, very quiet.

wjc

• Blondie says:

The act of acquiring Vanek itself is really all the justification required.

It shows confidence in the team and has to be a morale booster. Well, aside from the guy who’s going to be sitting more often because he’s here.

Most of the gnashing of teeth had to do with Gomez’s massive contract that lasted damned near forever. If Vanek leaves in free agency we won’t have to pay for not getting production from him. I believe, too, that McDonaugh was a much more highly rated prospect than Colberg.

The second round pick? They weren’t going to just give us Vanek.

• wjc says:

Should have went after him in July. McDonagh was tagged as a stay at home defenceman. I heard they were disappointed in his progress.

This is all hearsay, I do not pretend to know anything about Collberg, just that Timmons usually hits the nail on the head when it comes to drafting. I have never seen Collberg play and I never saw McDonagh play, so I have to wait an see.

2nd rounders are valuable as are prospects. If it is worth it to you for a couple of playoff rounds, so be it. Therrien will get blamed anyways.

wjc

• Blondie says:

Sure it’s worth it. There are no guarantees. “Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances”. Our chances for playoff success have been improved by this acquisition. Bring it on.

18. Frozen Village says:

Gally – DD – Pac
    Wiese – Pleks – Gio
    Vanek – Chucky – Eller
    (Eller is F1 and B1, draws-Chucky and Vanek stradle the circles).
    Briere – White – Prust

Emelin – Subban
    Tinordi – Markov
    Beaulieu – Weaver

More Swedes for the Lions in Winter

19. Commandant says:

A long interview with Sam Bennett

A scout for an NHL team told me last night, He will be gone before the third pick in the draft. Best forward in the OHL easily. Wouldn’t let me say what team, but its Western Conference.

Another KHL playoff preview from our new KHL writer, this time an eastern conference series.

• CH Marshall says:

My guess is Calgary

• 24 Cups says:

Right now 1st overall pick seems to be a race between Buffalo and Edmonton. Florida, NYI and Calgary would be the next grouping.

Buffalo doesn’t necessarily need to pick a Dman. That means they could go for Bennett. Edmonton would have to pick Ekblad, they have no choice. A stud Damn who is 6’4″/220 and looked good in the WJC. If still available, the next grouping of teams would also have to take Ekblad.

20. jols says:

Man, it’s been 10 years today since the Steve Moore incident and there still hasn’t been any resolution. What a shame.

The incident itself is the biggest crime but having to wait over 10 years to get some justice and financial compensation is almost as big of a crime.

I hope Moore and his lawyers take Bertuzzi, Crawford and the NHL to the cleaners and get a huge settlement. It won’t bring back his career and all the life experience he missed out on but it certainly would be a vindication of sorts. Trial is set to start in September. !0 years and 7 months after the horrific incident, that is just brutal.

21. Habfan17 says:

Some have posted it may be time to move Galchenyuk to centre and put Vanek on one wing. Some have him playing left. I know he plays both, but is a righty. Does anyone know where he prefers playing and on what wing he produces the best?

By the way, I think it is high time they put Gal27 at centre!

Habfan17

22. Psycho29 says:

‘turds vs Jets at 3PM on HNIC…

Washington just made the 2nd best playoff run acquisition in the NHL.

This kid is a real talent who is just 21 years old and has KHL experience. Major boost for Washington who now sit three points out of a playoff spot.

Man, daytime TV sucks, even on Saturday.

25. BJ says:

Avatar test. MAGIC!

26. Laramy87 says:

Max-DD-Gally
    Vanek-Galchenyuk-Briere
    Bourque-Pleks-Gio

Then put together a 4th line with the extras. It may be me but i dunno if i like Pleks Gio and Vanek. It seems Gio and Pleks are more a shut down line now and Vanek is a scorer, put him with other scorers

27. RockinRey says:

Just read Tim Bozon induced into a coma as a result of meningitis. Thoughts and prayers with him and family.

——————————————————————————————————
    You are entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong.

28. 25 cups says:

I have refused to upload my avatar as a form of protest to the new site format… alas, nobody cared… so, at long last, Statler and Waldorf return!

29. habsfan0 says:

Carey Price hasn’t played since the Gold Medal game in Sochi,Russia.
    That was 2 weeks, 8171 kilometres, and 9 time zones ago.
    I’m beginning to think there’s more to his injury than meets the eye.

Based on the speculation of what he has injured, I’m surprised you’ve had your eye on it?

• Gehlsen says:

It’s probably the same injury he had last year during the playoffs.
      He tuffed it out during the Olympics cause well….it was the Olympics.
      I can see Budaj taking the load for some time and have price healthy for the playoffs.

Les Habitant!

• CJ says:

I think the team is exercising extreme caution. We are in the fortunate position where we have built up a bit of breathing room, so there has not been a major rush. We need Price 100%. If that means leaving him out another week or two, then we must do it. Once we get through the next four games, our schedule turns in our favor.

• New says:

Wow…it seems like he has been out forever! Was it just two weeks ago they sat him down and told him to heal up? Two Olympic shutouts, semi-final and final. Three goals in five games. The puck would hit him and stop. Best goal tender in the Olympics…I can see why the Habs are taking no chances…it isn’t like it was Bernier or that other guy the Leafs have…this is the best goal tender in the world we’re talking about.

• Timo says:

He is on the trading block, I tell ya.

30. doogie says:

Perhaps the perfect time to move Galchenyuk to centre- along with Vanek on the left side and Gallagher on the right side. Who knows, maybe they knock in a bunch, enjoy playing together, develop a little chemistry and …….TV20 comes back next year. ???

• Phil C says:

Yes please! Vanek could be the enabler Galchenyuk needs to take the next step. I would leave the Gallagher line alone though, too risky to disrupt the one line that works. Vanek-Galchenyuk-Gionta.

• CJ says:

Absolutely. After this evening, we do not play again until Wednesday. Let’s use that opportunity to practice and begin to develop some chemistry. As previously noted, the NHL today works with pairs, moreso then it does with lines. Here are the pairs I am proposing;

Vanek and Chucky
      Max and DD
      Gio and Pleks
      Weise and White

Find four wingers to fill in the blanks. If everyone was healthy, I think Prust or Moen fit best on the fourth line. Galley seems to have chemistry with DD and Max (although I honestly think he fits almost anywhere). Moen has a Stanley Cup and could be used in a third line shutdown role. Otherwise, Bournival (again, assuming everyone is at 100%) looked great on this line earlier in the year. Finally, I would try either Eller or Briere with Vanek and Chucky.

As a result, we have two scoring units, a shutdown line and a checking line.

Lets go on the offensive and take the fight to the opposition and force them to defend something new. When Boston beat us in seven games it was not because of their first line. If you recall, the first line was held in check. Additionally, we were able to eleminate their PP. Their third line killed us. If we roll with Pleks and Gio on a third line, we create some major match up issues for the opposition.

Just my two cents….Cheers, CJ

• Sportfan says:

That line sounds like god haha :P

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

31. BJ says:

How do you place an avatar on here? I know Commandant has explained it a couple of times. You go to http://www.gravatar.com and what do you do after that?

32. billylove says:

Have great tickets for tonight’s game and would love to see Price return but wonder if subjecting Price to a bombardment in his first game back is worth it because there will be lots of shots directed at whoever is in for this one.

33. naweed235 says:

My most sincere thoughts and prayers to Tim and his family. I hate to be the one even asking this, but can someone with a little more medical background let us know if this can (god forbid) be potentially fatal?

34. chanchilla says:

really sucks to hear about bozon, i hope he pulls through! i can’t imagine what his family is going through

35. Phil C says:

Tinordi looked both really good and really bad at times last game. Ideally he should have more time to develop on the third pairing. However the Habs could really use him in the top four, especially with Gorges out. I think he is physically ready, he just needs to get used to NHL decision making. I would be tempted to keep riding him for a few more games. If he shows some learning curve and improvement, then keep it going. If he starts to struggle then you know he is not ready. Worth the risk IMO.

• Timo says:

Tiny needs more babysitting but in the NHL. Hopefully someone on the team who’s name is not Gorges can take him under the wing. Markov? Murray?

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

What counted is that he looked really good WITH Subban. I just find that there is no chemistry between PK and Gorges and only offensive chemistry with Markov. I don’t see why they can’t experiment with trying to have three balanced D pairings. The more Tinordi plays with PK, the more confidence he will get. It also forces PK into a more leadership role which he will have to assume with his new contract next season.

• Phil C says:

Well said. Therrien plays it so safe. I guess when people yell for your head after every loss, it harder to be bold. Ironic Montreal fans really appreciate unsafe hockey played with skill, speed, and aggressiveness. We get trapping and grinding and Gorges shooting it in the corner.

• CJ says:

IMO, I though Tinordi looked very good with PK. Sure, he made a few mistakes, one of which ended up in the back of our net. That said, he did things that I have never seen Gorges do. He holds the line, rushes the puck and gives out hits. I like Josh a great deal, but you can only take so many violent hits before things start to break down. I am not sure if there is another player in the league who takes as much of a beating as 26 does. He is a warrior, no doubt, but its time to play the role of hunter and not the hunted.

36. The Juice says:

Amen Slackman!

37. Slackman says:

Man I didn’t know so many posters here were clairvoyant… They KNOW Vanek won’t be here July 1st. They KNOW he’s going to Minnesota. They KNOW that Collberg is going to be a dynamo of a player. They KNOW these things as facts. I wish I could see the future so clearly :(

“When the going get’s weird, the weird turn pro”

38. Commandant says:

Tim Bozon is now in a medically induced coma to try and slow down the meningitis.

So sad.

39. boing007 says:

5. Who knows? His wife may not actually like Minneapolis in January.

She might not like January in Montreal either. I didn’t.

Richard R

40. BJ says:

Any updates on Tim Bozon? It bummed me out when I heard that and still feeling bummed about it when his name comes up. I knew his father when he played here in Germany (Mannheim) and I also photographed him when I was doing hockey card photos in Switzerland (Geneva) real nice person. One of my son’s name is Tim and man I don’t even want to imagine what waiting for an outcome like the Bozon family is going through. Sending good thoughts their way and hoping for the best for the young man and his family and friends.

• Habcouver says:

Couldn’t agree more on the effect of feeling bummed out with this tragedy. I hope there is a happy ending to this and strength is given to him, his parents, and connections such as you.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
      Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

• CJ says:

Feeling the same way gents. Bummed out big time.

41. The Juice says:

No Price tonight confirmed.

• BJ says:

Hopefully Tokarski. I was not inspired by Budaj’s last performance. Coming back with a win would be great, but it will have to be a 60 minute effort. I hope they have had enough time to re-charge as they looked out of gas for a lot of the last game.

42. Garbo says:

Picked up a sweet signed Gallagher giants jersey at a charity auction last night. Looks awesome with Gallagher on the back.

43. ZURF says:

whats prusts status injury wise??Anyone>>>>?????

“If ya ain’t wasted, the day is!”