Views you can use

While we wait for Big Ben to suit up, a few takes on last night’s win:

Quotes from the room

Arpon Basu

Last season, Price would have lost this game – François Gagnon

Pierre Ladouceur

J.T.

• Larry Brooks on the uselessness of enforcers

And from the Commentariat, some interestng observations by JF:

That was a far more exciting game than Friday
night against Buffalo and, with the exception of a brief lapse in the
second period, the Habs were full value.  But, as the RDS guys pointed
out, the two quick Ottawa goals were the result of individual errors
rather than of poor team play.  For the most part we dominated the
Senators, outshooting and outworking them in the second and third
periods and, suddenly facing a deficit of two goals, the team showed no
quit.  Nor did Price wilt as he certainly would have last year.

I
love what I’m seeing so far from this team.  I think that as a group
they learned a great deal from the playoff run.  That experience showed
them how to play for each other, how to overcome obstacles, and how to
believe in themselves.  They don’t quit, they stand up for each other,
and they never stop believing they can win.

Two facets of the game
that so far look vastly improved from last year: faceoffs and defensive
zone play. Last year we were usually under 50% on faceoffs, but the
addition of Halpern has pushed us well over that, and I think Plekanec
is also doing better on faceoffs this year.  Winning more faceoffs makes
quite a difference in terms of puck possession.  Also, we no longer
seem to be spending long stretches hemmed in our own zone.  There are
still turnovers and mistakes of course, but for the most part we clear
the zone more efficiently than last year and move the puck up-ice more
purposefully.  I’m seeing less dump-and-chase, more well-constructed
attacking.  Jacques Martin said at the beginning of the season that last
year he concentrated heavily on defence because it was his first year
with the team and he wanted to ensure the players learned the system
thoroughly and were able to execute it well.  It took a year, but it
might have worked.  Our defence looks quite solid and the team is
playing a lot less passively than last year, particularly when
protecting a 1-goal lead.  We no longer turn into a shell and let our
opponents pound our goaltender.  This should translate into more
victories, particularly in close games, than last year.  We started
2009-2010 with two OT wins. then, after the blowout in Vancouver, four
1-goal losses.  I think that over the season we were among the league
leaders in 1-goal losses.  Turning some of those into wins will
certainly help our playoff hopes.

AK46’s goal was the highlight of
the night but Plekanec’s, which he set up by driving hard to the net,
ran it a close second.  We’ve only ever seen glimpses of the Kostitsyn
we’re seeing now – strong, intense, physical, going to the net, and
shooting the puck.  Not only is he in better shape than last year, but
he must have done a lot of work on his defensive game.  He backchecks
well and he is not beaten so regularly along the boards.  It was great
to see him get the first star and then skate around offering pucks to
the fans.

I’m glad Gionta got a goal, and such a spectacular one, but we need to see more from that line.

1. Malreg says:

Can we start a counter on how many days its been since the Leafs played a playoff game?

2. LeGrosBill says:

O’Byrne is the 6’5″ white guy, #20. Subban is the 6’2″ black guy, #76. If you did not notice that the former was not in last nights lineup nor thatthe latter was, how do you expect people to take your comments seriously? Hamrlik is coming back from time off and no one can say Spacek had a good game but both goals they were on the ice for were scored by the Sens top line. Top lines will do that, score goals.

LGB

3. TomNickle says:

I love your positive look on things, just remember that the Sens are the laziest team in the NHL.

Gonchar, Spezza, Ruutu, Campoli, Lee, Karlsson, Kovalev.

4. Clay4bc says:

LOL, I forgot all about that.

__________________________

Fighting Ignorance since 1970 (It’s taking longer than I thought).

5. TOEmastro says:

actually, its operant conditioning. Punishment for bad, reward for good. Classical conditioning would be that every time eller hears a bell, he scores a goal…. which is an interesting idea in itself

Olé, olé, olé oleé

6. Clay4bc says:

Yeah, they were not so good, which is why i didn’t get into specifics – trying to stay positive about this team. It’s also why I didn’t mention Gomez or Eller either.

19 shots against though, man! that’s fracking great, especially for this team.

__________________________

Fighting Ignorance since 1970 (It’s taking longer than I thought).

7. TomNickle says:

Hamrlik and Spacek were atrocious my friend.

With a lower case “a” but still atrocious.

8. Clay4bc says:

Yeah, I was too lazy to type it all…and instead type this much explaining. There’s some irony for you.

__________________________

Fighting Ignorance since 1970 (It’s taking longer than I thought).

9. Clay4bc says:

I mean the team D…impressive giving up only 19 shots.

_________________________

Fighting Ignorance since 1970 (It’s taking longer than I thought).

10. fbkj says:

Okay, if you cant man up, shrug it off and still call being wrong, being right… and now call it honest, then I can only wiggle my eyebrows and wish you the best of luck…

11. TomNickle says:

Clay, by “the D was solid” do you mean that Gorges, Gill, Picard and O’Byrne were solid?

12. Clay4bc says:

Wow…just watched the game (thanks to NHLtorrents.uk). Very exciting game, especially for how early on in the season it is. Andrei K. has found his game for the time being at least, and Pleks is on fire. The D was solid again, and even though Price looked a little shakey early, he made the big save at the big time (the 2 on 1) – something he was notorious for not doing last season. It was great to see Gionta get on the board as well. This team looks good, and all this without Markov! That’s the best part of it – we have a great player to insert into the lineup soon. No need to rush him back, but I can’t wait to see him on the ice again.

__________________________

Fighting Ignorance since 1970 (It’s taking longer than I thought).

13. Propwash says:

Looks like it could be a good movie except for the musical part of it.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

14. adam76 says:

I had one HIO member contact me.  He got a sign up bonus of 50 bucks, I got 25.  It was a win win.

Cute little jpg, just fyi

15. light_n_tasty says:

The NHL usually doesn’t have disciplinary hearings on the weekends, and the incident happened on Friday.  Plus, the Rangers didn’t play this weekend, so they’ll still have a chance to suspend him tomorrow.

16. light_n_tasty says:

Have you taken a screenshot of the standings yet?  I realize this is probably the most excited you’ve been in about 20 years…

17. CharlieHodgeFan says:

You think maybe getting benched after a loss of concentration out on the big league ice might be a learning experience worth getting?

There are lots of ways to learn, most of which involve thinking…

18. TorontoHabsFan says:

I seem to remember people getting all up in arms when Martin took Spezza to task for blowing defensive assignments. And judging from his 1.02 PPG career average, I think it’s safe to say that Martin didn’t ruin him :)

You had better enjoy the Leafs for the moment Jeff, they are going to fall off the trees shortly.!

20. Number31 says:

Not only do the Habs not have the cap space, but Bieksa is known for taking stupid penalties at stupid times. He’s aggressive, but more often than not he comes out as TOO aggressive and it always burns his team in the end…

21. ooder says:

i meant i appreciated Ian posting those facts last season..

ya i agree though.. last season had me almost ripping my hair out at some points

——————

88 is the new 23

22. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

You have a point there. At times, the regular season was painful to watch.

23. db says:

They aren’t the same person so benching him can yield different results.  It’s good for him to see the game from there.. the speed of the team, where he should be etc.  I hope he’s learning and not just sitting there thinking about his next mistake.

24. rocketsglare says:

Time will tell if JM is making the right decision to bench Eller and for that matter O’Byrne. You can only go

so far in benching these players before their confidence is affected and is reflected in their play, especially

when Eller needs to build chemistry with his linemates.

25. j2w4habs25 says:

Cammy plays for Montreal.. all EYES are on the Hockey’s Mecca City…theres more attention in Montreal then there is in any other hockey market. For sure they might miss a few things but in the city here – Everything is spottted. But I totally agree with you…

26. j2w4habs25 says:

The power play!!! whats wrong with our power play unit??

do we even have one?? JM has to mix that unit up as well if they’re not scoring PP goals.

27. Chuck says:

And thank goodness that he moved Halak to help ensure that we could keep him.

28. ZepFan2 says:

“Say what you want about me”

Okay. You’re a lying douche who thinks he knows more than every poster on here and cries and whines like a sniveling punk when he’s proven wrong.

I don’t and wont talk hockey with you because as I’ve already said, you’re a lying douche.

That about cover it, Mantroll?

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

29. Storm Man says:

You need a mentor. As I see it you are nothing.

30. ZepFan2 says:

I know Zep was totally against Halak taking over as the #1.”

Load of crap.

Which basically makes your whole post moot. I don’t/can’t believe anything you type after that out and out lie.

Just deal with it. Ian made you look like a punk!

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

31. fbkj says:

you misspelled criticize :)

but if you think thats all i do on these threads then you havent been reading my posts

32. habs03 says:

I have no issue with benching Eller in the 3rd, no need to put a guy in a position to fail, maybe I would like to seem him get some PP time but Pouliot has earned his pp time so far this year. As for O’B, he is 26 years old, there is no future for him, the ship has past for him imo.

33. fbkj says:

you know whats a lot simpler and more admirable than spinning your way out of looking stupid, conceding your wrong, getting off your high horse a little and quit patting yourself on the back

nobody could have predicted what happened, but when you get called out on it and instead of lol’ing at it you proclaim that you were right all along, which is just ridiculous

if you cant see how you come to others, i dont know what else to say

You used to be a level headed poster, way back in your Rebel without a Cause days, but as of late you’ve become a bit of an annoyance. Give it up. You’re more about trying to retrace your steps and prove that you are/were right.

Besides I was the 1st to support Halak as #1.

35. ManApart says:

Still nothing intelligent. Well maybe someday. Say what you want about me, at least I talk hockey and present my reasoning and point of view. Your ignorant a** as well as Sask, Bill J, Stormy, FBK etc, just know how to critsize. Rarely anything original or insightful to refute what I am saying. You guys are a waste of time. Even though I disagree with them at times, guys like Seriousfan, Berkshire and TomNickle at least have knowledge of the game and present their views. When they disagree with me they explain why. I respect that. I think they’re biased at times, but they are pretty knowledgeable. You guys know nothing and offer nothing.

As Martin says, “the Habs are in the business of winning.” He shortened his bench for a reason. And what’s wrong with benching him? It’s classical conditioning.

37. HABZ24 says:

great comeback win. i thought for sure two goals in 24 secs price would fold like a cheap lawn chair but he held his ground after his team mates bailed him out getting even at 3. gomez has got to shoot more.tweek a few things like get the powerplay rolling and we ll be fine or finer.

38. OneTimer says:

Ha ha ha…maybe you should skulk back to your cave before saskhabfan embarasses you again.

39. ManApart says:

First off, when I made the original post last December, the team had Price as the starter. That team would have never made the playoffs and that is pretty much undeniable. I was one of the first calling for Halak at that time to give us a chance. Everyone said no way, I was crazy, Price was the guy to get us to the playoffs etc. I’m sure you were one of those guys. I would look it up, but don’t care that much. I know Zep was totally against Halak taking over as the #1. Finally around the Olympics Halak forced JM’s hand and took over the #1 spot. He played awesome and the Habs still only got in by 1 point. So I think I was fairly accurate in saying that they had a big chance of missing the playoffs. I never stated they would miss them for sure. I was one of the few, who recognized that Halak was our only chance before Xmas.

As far as they could never beat Pitts and Wash. I was wrong. But it was impossible to predict the miracles Halak would perform. Even I, a big believer in the guy, didn’t think he could steal a series or two. If you losers say you would have believed that they would have beat the teams, you are liars. I also posted  When Montreal got dominated in back to back games against the Flyers, late in the season (Subban’s first NHL games), that the Habs could never beat the Flyers in a 7 game series, because they were too small and one dimensional and couldn’t handle the Flyer’s physical game. You don’t bring that up you Hypocrites. Also Don’t even bring up Ian. You want me to pull up some of the things he’s said in the past? It’s not pretty. Even Eklund gets his s**t to stick from time to time.

40. Jeff says:

Good breakdown Ian, here is the 1st place Leaf version!

1st  Total points

2nd Goals for

7th Goals against

2nd place PK 93%

PP well maybe not Ha! Ha!

we’re all hoping

the thing about last season was even barring the 47% finish and 88 points it was a totally new crew

even in the games they lost there was a compete level that was team wide and was lacking for years

it all came to fruition in the playoffs which even though they squeeked into them they certainly roared once in

they finally gave Halak his day in the sun and he scrambled off to a mighty huge payday

in return the Habs got a few good prospects and the gamble is appearing to pay off

I appreciated last season for the reason that the team developed a new identity

is history being made?

42. rocketsglare says:

JM seems to be taking the same course in dealing with Eller as he has with O’Byrne and that is

benching him after every mistake. I know Eller is relatively green and learning to play with this

team, but how is he going to prosper and learn if JM is benching him with every mistake made?

The Habs gave up much to have the services of Eller (reportedly targeted personally by JM) and

to sit on the bench is not IMO allowing this young talent the needed ice time to gain valuable ex-

perience that will ultimately benefit this team later in the season.

I want both Eller and O’Byrne to play as much and gain as much experience because IMO they

are part of the future of this club. JM are you listening?

43. JohnBellyful says:

My Heart predicted the Habs would be 3-2 (6 points) after five games, my Head said 2-3 (4 points). Reality proved otherwise: 3-1-1 (7 points). My Head is hung in shame. I’m giving it a chance to make amends.

Here’s the schedule for the next 10 games:
    HOME: Devils, Coyotes, Islanders, Panthers, Senators, Canucks
    AWAY: Senators, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Sabres
    Heart says 6-4, Head says 5-5.

One other prediction: seven of the games will be decided by one goal. That’s my Liver talking. (I have a very chatty body … Enough with the wisecracks.)

P.S. Apparently when the Canadiens’ game is nationally televised, you really don’t have to spend that much time talking about it in Coach’s Corner, especially if the Leafs played the night before.

I prefer a player like Scott Stevens. He wasn’t known for fighting. The big hit was his weapon. Even Larry Robinson rarely fought. Nobody dared really. Once he took on Schultz and the Broad Street Bullies. Well. Enough said about that. The bottom line is a team needs a few really tough SOB’s that can play hockey.

45. bertuzzisucks says:

Hamrlik and Spacek have been brutal all year and especially last night. Also their combined cap hit is 9.3 million. They could easily be subbed in with some ufa defenceman. I hate to say it but Bergeron would be better than Hammerlick.

These guys get power play time and they cant shoot, dont score and are scary covering the points.

46. Storm Man says:

I guess time will tell.

47. Bugs says:

(this is the repost I was tellin yehs about)

First off, the CBC opening opera intro was absolutely delightful. Best I’ve ever seen from’em.

First 30 minutes of the game, AK was goin strong but I thought my boy Poolio was the best Hab on the ice. And then…well…whatever.

The Kid is doing grrreat. Placed special attention on’m after 3rd goal. That was the moment. First adversity of the season. Saw him slightly boggled the puck behind his net a minute or two later and must admit to have been momentarily worried. But he took it in stride. Water off a duck’s back. Clamped down. Gave his team a chance to win. François Gagnon says that had that same situation happened to him last year, he woulda lost. Would tend to agree, even though not keen on predicting outcomes in alternate universes. That “maturity” thing must have somethin to do with it cuz dang, the Kid pulled it together. Halfway through the first 10-game analysis point, he’s seriously stacking the deck in his favour.

And after the last Senators’ goal, did you see Jack Marty’s motivational techniques on the bench? The way he just stared out on the ice not sayin nuthin and not lookin at nobody? Total zen. The players see that, they go zen too. Boom, we win. It WORKS. Boring and predictable friggin WORKS. Jack Marty rules. And the press conferences he gives afterwards? Hooof, don’t get me started. Thrilling. Thrilling, thrilling stuff.

Now, K Senior. It’s early. No one wants to go off half-cocked. But can it be? Will we finally see all his skills assembled within winning conditions? We want strong on forecheck, physical presence, vision, a rocket-wrister, and execution from’m and that’s what we’re getting. But there’s something else too. It looks like he might want to… uhh…”take over”. If Andrei Kostitsyn “takes over”?

God help us all.

And that’s all I gotta say.

Oh, except to say that we got some stright dope on Markov’s bionic knee at the Central if you wanna.

Decadently yours, I recline as

48. showey47 says:

It would have been tough for him to get a shot with the habs this season when he had already bolted to the khl about 3 weeks before the habs training camp started.

49. SeriousFan09 says:

Martin Brodeur in your Yahoo League? Oh you’re going down buddy.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

50. ZepFan2 says:

Yeah, what he ^^^ said.

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

51. ooder says:

it’s completely mind boggling i agree

——————

88 is the new 23

52. Aybara says:

Seruously, how the flying freak does Avery not get suspended for this and Cammi gets a suspension for his tap on Nied… Wow good job NHL. Makes me sick.

53. Storm Man says:

Manparts you are a deficiencie on here and that is a fact.

54. Storm Man says:

Hmmmmm. Well my Goalies let me down last night but look who you play next in the Yahoo League. Im not worried about week 1 it is all about who makes the playoffs ;).

55. ZepFan2 says:

Damn, missed a T.

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

56. lefreak says:

for the same reason that deharnais will never be a regular for the habs.

57. fbkj says:

Submitted by ManApart on Sun, 10/17/2010 – 12:40.
    They were dead on. montreal with Price in goal would never have made the playoffs like I stated. I used to say ad nauseum put Halak in goal as the starter and the Habs have a chance. Finally JM agreed and the rest is history.

Submitted by fbkj on Sun, 10/17/2010 – 13:19.
    Dead on? Dude the exact opposite of your predictions happened and your calling that dead on?
    edit reply

Submitted by ZepFan2 on Sun, 10/17/2010 – 13:08.
    “They were dead on.”
    Considering you stated that Montreal wouldn’t make the play-offs, and if they did, they would never beat the, “Washington’s and Pittsburgh’s” of the NHL. I’d say you were not even in the same ballpark as Ian and he made you look like a punk.
    About right!?
    Psst, you never mentioned Price. Should saskhab re-post your drivel?
    ————————————————————————– “The Soft Parade has now begun. Listen to the engines hum.”

58. Puck Bard says:

Link for Montreal v Blue Bombers game:

59. sholi2000.com says:

That’s how he trolls.

They Call Me Shane

60. sholi2000.com says:

Please Join my Gambling Site LMAO@U

They Call Me Shane

61. ZepFan2 says:

If anybody knows anything about nonsense, it’s definitely you!

Well Adam76 as well. After all, that’s how he rolls. ;)

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

62. SeriousFan09 says:

Anything to distract yourself from that my team’s about to rise over yours in this week’s matchup at ESPN hmmm?

Getzlaf and Koivu FTW tonight.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

63. ManApart says:

Look who’s talking. You spew a lot of nonsense yourself there Zeppy. Until you post something intelligent maybe you should keep quiet about pointing out other’s deficiencies

64. punkster says:

How old are you?

65. ZepFan2 says:

Never thought you were the brightest bulb.

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

66. Chips says:

Brodeur always plays very well in MTL. He’ll likely be standing on his head again on Thursday, unfortunately!!!!! 25 in 2011

67. Storm Man says:

Im not sure but you’re living in Germany should be some good NFL games for you to watch.

68. SeriousFan09 says:

Lack of size and a ton of competition for spots in the lineup, KHL offered him well over what he’d make in the AHL this season and he decided to take it. The Habs need guys with bulk on the top 6 right now not another under-6′ sniper.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

69. sholi2000.com says:

Attitude problem, plus he’s in the KHL now.

They Call Me Shane

70. halakitlikethat says:

Brock Trotter has 36 goals and 77 points in 75 games last season with the Bulldogs. Why doesn’t he ge even a shot with the Habs this season?

Can he possibly be worse than Pouliot? Work ethic alone puts him much higher on my depth chart.

I really don’t understand the thought process of our management. We just let a guy like that walk! I saw him play numerous times last season during business trips to Hamilton. He’s got real talent.

71. BJ says:

Any internet links for the Alouettes-Blue bombers game?

72. Corporate says:

I know that Spacek starts slow, but man has he done some stupid defensive plays. He was especially brutal against the Leafs and yesterday. He keeps doing the swiffer move which is a big no no for defensive men.

73. ManApart says:

Impressive win by the Habs last night. They played a surprisingly super defensive game that helped Price who really wasn’t very good all night. The Pleks line looked like a real #1 NHL line. Dangerous everytime they were on the ice. A lot of character to come back from the 3-1 hole that they were in. To all those who didn’t want to keep Pleks this summer, calling him a little girl and wanting Lombardi instead, thank God Gauthier at least could recognise Pleks is their #1 player.

74. Number31 says:

That stand tall glove save off Regin on a 2-on-1 near the end of the 2nd was a statement. And Regin’s no slouch either.

75. Mike Boone says:

Stopped ‘em all

76. habsguy says:

yup,  you got me there!!!!

77. j2w4habs25 says:

Last night was the first time I watched the habs since that embarressing lost to Toronto; but things have change, I dunno if its because Cammy is back, maybe the guys feel complete with him there because there was no way we should’ve lost to Toronto, but we can get them back in our own rink ;) with chants up in the air of “Leeafs Suuuuck!” lol…

but when I was watching Tbay news; Thunder Bay Sports announced that the Leafs won the Stanley Cup for going 3-0-0. hehe crazy Leaf fans; cant wait for the Leafs crash :) but besides the stupid Laughs…

Carey Price looks to be on his game. Its kinda to early to say he is but the last 3 games hes been improving. What got into him?? I thought he would’ve been thrown to the wolves by now, after that aweful pre season. But I will be watching out for him (Carey Carey Carey!!)

78. TornApart says:

ManApart is getting torn apart.

79. petrov14 says:

THN.com Blog: Canadiens should have kept Guy Boucher

Nothing we havent gone over here ourselves, but I post it none the less.

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

80. SeriousFan09 says:

Was this written before or after Boucher’s squad got hammered by a 1-line offence FLA team with D just about as bad as Tampa’s?

Habs have lost 2 1-goal games so far, both of which could have flipped with the full lineup. Next week, NHL feels the wrath of #79 once more.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

81. Bob Barker says:

The stat of Carey Price not winning a home game since February is a joke. In between that time he started only 3 games.

March 31st, April 21st,  Oct 13th. Some people made it sound like it was the longest losing streak ever.

82. g says:

Don’t you just love the MEdia-anything for  a story

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

83. SeriousFan09 says:

Louis Leblanc off to a quick start today, a goal and a assist in the 1st period for the MTL Juniors versus the Val-d’Or Foreurs, they lead 2-0 after 20 minutes.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

84. Ayan_SB says:

Habs fans should enjoy this.

The Islander’s home page:

85. TornApart says:

Hmmm. Bashing the fans that are probably going to make up a third of your ticket revenue that night.

86. j2w4habs25 says:

LOL. Thats funny…

87. helluva habs fan says:

Ha! The Sens should try that one out for next Saturday, maybe their fans will outnumber ours for a change.

88. Danno says:

The funny part is there will be more Habs fans than Isles fans in attendance and if the Isles fan start chanting “No Habs No” it’s just going to blend in with “Go Habs Go” and make it that much more louder.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

89. lefreak says:

i don’t know if their ticketing site is broken, but if those are the actual prices i can easily understand why no one goes to the games.

200 bucks for a seat at nassau aka the worst arena in hockey? they are crazy.

90. nightmare_49 says:

More Hockey World – by Jim Matheson.

– The heavyweight sluggers union noticed when Pens defenceman Deryk Engelland dropped one of the league’s true toughies, Colton Orr, the other night. Engelland, 28, who was born in Edmonton and played junior in Moose Jaw, isn’t even the Penguins’ beat cop; that’s Eric Godard’s job description. “He (Engelland) doesn’t just fight, he beats the crap out of people,” said Pens defenceman Ben Lovejoy.

– How is it that the Avs have the lowest payroll in the league and one of the game’s richest owners, Stan Kroenke? They will have to re-sign goalie Craig Anderson, a bargain at $1.8 million. He’ll be in the $4-million range.

– Colorado Avalanche centre Paul Stastny, one of the last wooden-stick holdouts, has given it up.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/More+Hockey+World/3683653/story.html#ixzz12cNcfDOS

91. nightmare_49 says:

From the Catwalk:

–  Is it me or does PK play better on the road than at the Bell Center.

–  Carey Price has learnt from Jaro’s heroics last season, he’s eliminating the lower shots and is tracking the puck much better.

–  Though he hasn’t played bad we need a more consistent effort from Maxim Lapierre.

–  Everybody is anticipating the return of Markov and the pairing of him with PK, this could possibly be an adventure as Marky gambles as much as PK, ask Rivet and Komo.

–  So far i’m really impressed with the competitiveness and hockey sense of Jeff Halpern.

–  Hal Gill should be signed for another year before the end of the season, reasons are obvious as obvious as Gorges resigning.

–  I’m not a fan of JM cuz the teams he builds are not what you want for a run at the cup but this season i.m impressed by his decisions, what an improvement over Carbo.

92. SeriousFan09 says:

Markov’s difference from PK is he’s a lot better at reading when to pick those spots to move on the attack, he’s far less likely to be caught out of position, Subban’s had too much of an attack-first mentality, Markov is better at knowing when to hold back and play D.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

93. joeybarrie says:

I’m guessing the Habs fans going to the NYI game don’t log onto the NYI website.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

94. TornApart says:

They probably would be if they’re looking for tickets, directions to the arena, etc.

95. OneTimer says:

Aragorn, what happened to you? Did saskhabfan’s quotes finally sunder you like Glamdring? I shed a tear… :'(

96. habfan53 says:

Although I did not find last nights win a technical gem I did find it an encouraging one. After Montreal dominated the first part of the second period and the Ottawa scored on their first two shots of the period to make 3-1 I said OK let’s see what Carey has learned and this team is made of. Well Carey price seemed to grow in the net and it looked like he was saying thats it NO MORE TONIGHT and he shut the door.  As for the team like JF said they seemed to have learned from last year that with hard work the goals will come and will the wins.

As for Kostitsyn HE is just flat out playing well. Driving to the net, going into corners and he has seemed to develop a defensive reponsibility. Whether is is not having to look after his little brother or realizing that he did not want to be traded either he has stepped up his approch to the game.

97. habsguy says:

LOL…I’m a huge Price fan but………..he shut the door????…he only faced six shots after that!!!!

98. CBrady12 says:

I really don’t understand what it is with you people…the team is playing well…we have kinks like EVERY other team in the league…yet still 90% of posts are people complaining about everything (mostly the coach)…

Listen I know it’s hard for a lot of you to understand but sitting a rookie with less than 20 NHL under his belt and who is -2 on the day when you are up by one goal is completely normal…it happens all the time…yet here with all of the geniuses who have won the cup in EA NHL 11 think they know what they are talking about when they dont…it’s funny/embarrassing to read many of the comments…

99. lefreak says:

it is a discussion, and without any this place wouldn’t exist.

i agree that many people on here are a little ummmmm blind/misinformed/purebatshitcrazy…just like any other site like this one on the internet. Nothing to get riled up over, because if you do, they win.

also: what you means you people?

oh knaw ya didn’t gurlfrend.

*snaps fingers*

100. db says:

Whats great in EA’s NHL is you always get the same effort on every shift…and your players get better all the time :p

I agree though, it’s easy to forget that we play against another team in different cities several times a week.  It’s easy for us to comment on the unknown lives of all of our heros/zeros… but that’s the beauty of forums/blogs etc.

I don’t always agree with many and find that a lot of people forget how silly they look when they go to the extremes… its a game. And if you’ve ever played a game you know that there are way more variables than constants.

And Eller? Well that night there were probably 10 other rookies riding the pine during the game.. it comes with the territory.

101. CBrady12 says:

oh definitely….Ill ask rivet and Komisarek and theyll tell me they played their best hockey next to Markov

102. nightmare_49 says:

CB – You are correct and i,ve stated that many times before, but if either of them did gamble say at the blueline Marky often wasn’t there to support them. It’s not Marky’s game and he’s not known for being fast.

103. nightmare_49 says:

SF – As i stated below, Marky is not a support D and has better success with a more defensive minded D. BTW when Marky was PK’s age he didn’t read plays better than Parnell.

104. db says:

I was working at the Molson Centre when Markov was earning his ice time… and believe me he left his partner out to ry a couple of times.  He held the puck too long sometimes too… but he ALWAYS learned.  Every game.  And PK does also, did you hear his CBC on ice warmup interview… he put Elliot in his place! lol

The difference is our team truly sucked when Markov made his rookie debut… there was no spotlight on the team.  Now, everybody’s watching and we have a target on our backs.

- When every other team hates you, you’ve done your job.

105. sholi2000.com says:

Like most nights, I watched the game on PVR (little fella plays hockey almost every night).  AWESOME!

Great come back, and the perfect finish.  I drafted Plecs in our office pool.  Got him in the 6th round, that’s Brisk Baby!

When they fell behind 3-1 the first thing I said was “well we aren’t going 80-1-1 this season, hope the fans will be ok”.

People are starting to realize that goals will be scored apon us. That’s Hockey.

17040 fans watched the Panthers embarrass the Lighting, I never seen the game but I bet half those tickets were free and the other half were empty, but great job South Florida.

I see everyone is walking into Long Island and taking them for granted again.  I’ll never understand that.  They are still NHL players, you must play every team like it’s the last game of the season and you need the win.

The Blues had a great game last night, Ty Conklin made an awesome save, it’s a must see.  Darren Pang has to lay off the jolt.

Just checked the Conference Standings, if it stays like that all season, I’ll prance around 35th st in nothing but my cooper-all girdle and a Leafs Halter top.

“Hey Steve, whadda you want me to do with this guy?”

“Book em Danno”

They Call Me Shane

106. HabsFansince49 says:

I fully agree with JF’s insightful commentary on last night’s game as much as I was distressed by Martin’s quote in the Gazette article on Kostitsyn reborn commitment. When asked about AK46, Martin is quoted as saying

“I think it’s the last year of a contract, isn’t it?” Martin said
    A very poor response! Martin’s new book is entitled “How to motivate your players”

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

107. Mike Boone says:

108. notbigbird says:

Your side of the site seems to be MIA, Mike. Or is it just something on this end?

109. Mike Boone says:

It just takes a little while to load. So do I.

110. Puck Bard says:

AK: playing like a bull in  the heather.

111. habs365 says:

I liked what I seen, they outshot and outworked a ottawa team. keep doing this guys and you’ll be playing come april 2010. I like how they’re playing attacking more this year when they have a lead. last year they would lay back and play defensive that’s why they lost a lot of one goal games, never lay back keep pushing the opposition and you’ll win a lot of games, great game “GO HABS GO”

112. TomNickle says:

Very nice to overcome a two goal deficit.  It’s a little bittersweet for me knowing that it was against the NHL’s laziest team though.

Fisher, Foligno, Shannon, Phillips and Alfy are really the only players on that team who work.

113. Julie H says:

I hope they play this well if not better when the HIO group goes to the game the first weekend in November.

“I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

114. SeriousFan09 says:

Okay depressing outcomes for today’s kids, Louis Leblanc and Morgan Ellis each notched a goal and assist to give their respective clubs leads but both the MTL Juniors and CB Screaming Eagles squandered the leads and lost in late-game collapses. Leblanc is the only Top 20 scorer in the Q to play under 10 games I should point ot though.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

115. Danno says:

Great points by JF.

Note to Boone. The customer — and the Commentariat — is always right :0)

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

116. Will Longlade says:

What’s the top storyline of the Hab’s young season?

1. 2010/2011 Habs a mirror image of their captain?

2. Price in the groove and on his way to proving the pundits wrong?

3. Getzlaf who?

4. Not playing like a team that will be on the bubble come April?

5. No PP, no problem?

6. None of the above.

117. KamiDave says:

Now look what you’ve done, you’ve gotten Lashawnda upset! :)

118. TOEmastro says:

At least there are some provocative people here. Try commenting on any of TSN’s posts. It’s like kids fighting over a toy. You actually feel dumber for reading too many. It may not be prefect, but its the lesser of SEVERAL evils.

(PS. not sure if this should have been a comment on the original post, but it followed a flow here) Olé, olé, olé oleé

119. DavidKB says:

I haven’t read many TSN posts. “You actually feel dumber…” Good one. I don’t get too worked up over the negative comments. I’ve learned to identify some of you who contribute the smart comments/questions…

120. Aybara says:

Looks like Booner got in trouble for telling the truth about a couple of his peers. Good job Boone, they are not realists, but pessimists who for some reason have a vendetta with Price.

121. RGM says:

It was fun while it lasted. :)

122. Keith says:

So where did the Sunday Video Theatre thread go? Did Boone get in trouble with his colleges?

123. SmartDog says:

5 “is it just me…” QUESTIONS….

1. KOSTITSYN. Is it just me or does Kostitsyn LOOK better?  I mean a LOT better. As in NOT tired. And two dominant games in a row. He looks a bit like Malkin out there. He must be using Old Spice.

2. ELLER. Is it just me or does Eller look like a deer in the
    headlights. Or is it a deer who was out at Chez Paris a bit too late the
    night before?  Will he survive with the big club until Christmas – yes or no?

3. MARTIN. Is it just me or is Martin actually sounding smart? Or just confusing? His point that he worked all last year on defense so now can work on offense seems either unbelievable and crazy or brilliant. I can’t decide. Can you?

4. HAMRLIK/SPACEK. Is it just me or are either of these guys drunk every third game? Who is more drunk more often?

5. PRICE. Is it just me or has Price been somewhere in the vicinity of pretty f-n awesome?

SD

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

124. J Haul says:

hahaha… gotta love Kostitsyn’s 1st star celebration:

What a character.

125. punkster says:

I see a few of the comments after he insulted you got deleted, mine included, before they pulled the entire thread. I shouldn’t have taken off for dinner. Missed the fun ;)

By the way I don’t consider you a “sniveling sycophant”. More a punchy palooka.

126. SeriousFan09 says:

1. He does look better, involved, focused and picking up loose pucks on the backcheck, it’s a whole new Andrei.

2. He will, a bit of growing pains but he’s not that badly from what I’ve seen.

3. So far the ES scoring is doing pretty well, checkers are getting in some key goals and the Pleks line is flying, provided Gio/Gomez can find the right winger and the club’s fine.

4. Hamrlik’s a bit more excusable as he missed camp and pre-season, Spacek should not be this rusty still.

5. He has, why I always had his back in the last two years. He’s got the tools to succeed.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

127. DavidKB says:

Is there any reason to doubt the sincerity of the puck toss? I don’t think so. This is what this team needs more of. Demonstrating your appreciation to the fans can only lead to more of the same, or better. Well done, AK!

128. SeriousFan09 says:

Nice move by him, good to see he’s more comfortable with being a Hab, facing the public is part of the game.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

129. Danno says:

Who said Andrei doesn’t give a puck?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

130. punkster says:

Good ones SD.

1. AK has had an attitude upgrade, no question.

2. Eller’s a kid and he’s learning. He’ll be fine and here all year.

3. Martin has to be smart to have lasted this long and coached 1200 games with a winning record.

4. No. They’re 36 years old and it takes a while to get going. Hell, look at their histories, the number of teams they.ve played with since the early 90s, the air miles they must have logged. They suffer from permanent jet lag, 5 o’clock shadows before noon, one of the biggest hits of their era was “I’m Too Sexy”, the Chevy Celebrity and Ford Escort were the top selling cars of the time…sheesh, give them a break, they’ve been through hell.

5. Price…YES!

131. punkster says:

Groan….

132. DavidKB says:

It’s not just you…

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6hyCTKx5UA  – dare I quote Pierre McGuire?

2. Can’t tell you much here.

3. The idea of taking such an approach is certainly credible.

4. They can be scary, but I think in a clutch situation you would get their best. Five games into the season doesn’t usually offer clutch situations.

5. f-n right! – the best news yet, and I think he’s the real deal.

133. Vid says:

1. Yes at least for now.

2. Too early to make judgements or predictions on him.  He isn’t meant to be a critical part of the team this year anyway so as long as he learns and improves I won’t be concerned about him.

3. Confusing.  Maybe those were his intended aspirations.

4. It’s not just you.  They can play well when their minutes are managed but Spacek especially seems to get undressed or cough up the puck a lot in the early goings of this season.

5. Still a bit disconcerting the he let in 3 straight goals on the glove side.  Really should’ve plugged that hole a bit earlier but thankfully a lucky goal by halpern spurred the habs come back.  Otherwise he seems mentally tougher so far.

134. adam76 says:

I agree 100% – he seems like a new man this year.  Wonder if his brother playing in the west is a factor?

135. rated_R says:

This team is looking amazing…we could have easily been 5-0…once markov comes back we should have 3 solid D lines. I’ve noticed Pouliot wasn’t as effective as he was when he played on the first line with gio and g-love….JM should put him back there but he probably won’t mess with his winning formula just yet.

136. marlboro says:

thanks for that, i missed it on the center ice package. to me, aK’s enthusaism says a lot. first time  Iv seen that from him.  a very good sign..

137. notbigbird says:

1. AK doesn’t do the language very well, and he’s had to suffer through Carbo, Kovy, JM (his new ways last year), his brother and injuries. Perhaps we have been a tad harsh.

2. Spezza survived JM; OB hasn’t. Let’s hope Eller is more like Spezza.

3. Martin: maybe both of us have been wrong about him. I know being wrong would be a first time for you, but I’m kinda used to it.

4. Me: I’m drunk more often or should be when I  watch them play.

5. Price has been great. I haven’t thought that the supposed recent softies have been all that soft. Some people have pretty high expectations.

138. sag says:

S D quiz below is a good one tonight:

1. KOSTITSYN looks like he is in better shape, frame of mind, and understands the significance of a contract year.  When he is on, he is dominant and as good as any of the players we lament being passed over for him.

2. ELLER’s play including the exhibition season has ranged from peter forsberg to peter frampton.  His upside, like Subban’s will be worth the growing pains and benchable offences in the long run.

3. MARTIN is an inflexible coach.  Most of what he preaches however are solid hockey fundamentals, and the vets that are on the present roster preach the same discipline and fitness.  Muller is there to provide the human aspects.  Martin is The Count afterall

4. Every now I say to my wife, “drunk Hammerlik” is playing – he just looks off sometimes no balance and his cheeks huff and puff much more than the average night.  Overall he a big part of the team and unfortunately cap hit.  Spacek on the other hand is just so out of shape that NHL players can make him look like he is loaded.  They will both be ok

5. PRICE has been excellent.  Frankly, that was all I cared about seeing in the Leaf game, trusting that the other pieces were overall better than last year thanks to improved 3 and 4th line potential.

139. habs-hampton says:

Maybe this has already been discussed, but I’m hoping that Boone or Stubbs or anyone can explain to me how Avery got away with nothing when he 2-handed Komisarek TWICE, the 2nd time bringing him down? Boone, Stubbs, at least you guys are in a position where you can ask the  question? How do you explain it to Cammi? Isit because of Avery’s spotless record?

Stuff like this makes the league look like a joke!

140. CBrady12 says:

I’d say no..he started the year with a broken toe, has played 2 games, no points, -1, 2 pim, 2 shots and second least ice time on the team behind wade belak…but im sure its because barry trotz doesnt know how to handle young players…

141. OneTimer says:

Nice post buddy. I especially like the bits on the two coachs’ different styles, and Hamrlik huffing n puffing. Made me giggle. This begs the question: who would win in a titanic showdown between Hamr’s huffing and puffing and Spacek’s jiggly jowls?

142. OneTimer says:

It’s Chez Parée, SmartDog! Don’t act like you didn’t know… ;)

143. dh says:

Absolutely.  Wasn’t sure about the whole fans picking the stars thing but it seems to be working out.

144. Danno says:

H I/O needs to update its STATS list. Georges Laraque, Sergei Kostitsyn, Dominic Moore, Glen Metropolit and Whats-his-name who used to be in nets are still on the list, among others…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

145. SmartDog says:

A point about the 5 Questions below… talking about Kostitsyn I meant that he LOOKS better… as in his FACE looks better.  He doesn’t look tired in the face.

Totally unrelated… I think the problem with our Power Play is that instead of building on last year they tried some experiments in the pre-season (it sucked there too) and now with some new players, even with PK doing a great job firing rockets, it’s a whole new arrangement.  You’ve heard the expression “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

146. larisalapointe says:

Ok “serious” question. How come every time  I try to change my avatar, it keeps giving me the same picture?

Is this a sign I should stay anonymous?  lol

147. andrewberkshire says:

When I get back to Montreal we’ll have to take in a Juniors game, Dave.

148. petrov14 says:

It might be that your new pic is too big. Either size (300×400) or MBs

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

149. JIMVINNY says:

Your best bet is to make the change, log out, clear your browsers cache and history, and then log back in.  It’ll take a bit of time, but it will change eventually.

150. mbplekfan says:

His wife and daughter are living with him in MTL now. Im sure that makes a huge difference in his everday life. He sees them everyday instead of phone calls, he has a family life now.

Im sure we havent seen the best of AK yet. Getting little brother out of town probably didnt hurt either.

151. andrewberkshire says:

1) He looks great, he’s in way better shape as well.

2) It’s definitely just you, he’s adjusting. As for the bar reference, in my opinion let’s just not BS about that crap. I’m tired of the assumptions that any time a player doesn’t light it up it’s because they were drunk at a strip club. It’s complete BS, and it takes less than your suggestion to start dumb rumours. Keep it to the facts SD.

3) Still not sold on Martin.

4) Just you.

5) He’s been unreal, one of the stories of the season for the whole NHL so far.

152. petrov14 says:

lol Nice jab there.

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

153. andrewberkshire says:

Great point about the family being there. Can’t imagine how rough it would be to have a young kid and a new wife spend most of the year overseas for several seasons

154. ShangaDoo says:

I had no idea Ak was married, let alone, had a child. How did you find that out or is it widely known and I’m just slow on info…as usual.

He’s kinda young no?

155. SmartDog says:

Family stability. And fewer nights out. Makes sense.

A lot of people on here seem to think that personal environment has nothing to do with performance.  But I say it has everything.  Sounds like the reason to me.   I didn’t like JM’s comment “it’s a contract year”.   Might as well have said “and he’s a selfish bastard”.  Just stoopid.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

156. TripleX says:

I agree and brought it up in another thread.  It was a cheap shot and inappropriate, especially when the player in question is one of his best.  I don’t know about you, but it seems JM is a little perturbed that AK is doing so well.  Can it be that JM likes his players to stay in the dog house?  There is no doubt he plays favorites.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

157. G-Man says:

press F5 on your keyboard

158. SmartDog says:

It sounds very cynical. Like something a cranky old man would say (I can hear Cherry saying it now).

Not at all positive.  Shows he doesn’t have a good relationship with AK at the very least.

Hope AK performs well in spite of it.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

159. Willy the bum says:

Or press the Refresh button.

160. SeriousFan09 says:

JM had several complimentary remarks for AK in his press briefing actually, he was asked why AK might be playing so well and just in an offhanded way to move on he said “contract year isn’t it?” it’s not like he’s a master of media manipulation like Burke and soaks it up, he wants it done with.

His relationship with AK can’t be that bad considering we never saw AK backcheck before JM showed up.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

161. punkster says:

Come on guys, Boone cleared this up hours ago though the entire thread was deleted. Innocent jest, nothing more. Let’s not perpetuate the ritual HI/O rumour mill crap here.

And if someone wants to make an issue out of this then by all means, feel free to be an embarassment, it’s you life :)

162. punkster says:

Crap like this will be used by posters in the coming months every time the Habs lose a game and someone wants to blame JM. There are a select few here who will file this one away and pull it out as “proof” of some JM slight or failure hoping the rest of us will forget about the actual situation. Sheesh!

163. Bryan says:

Some people just can’t let go.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

164. matmacat says:

Mmmmmm… I dunno… maybe he was making a joke? Don’t do what the media does… blow things out of proportions. JM just sayin’ that to be funny. It was a fail… granted… but who cares?

165. rated_R says:

I did agree that JM’s comment about AK wasn’t appropriate but we don’t know what he was asked exactly. This is what boone said this morning

“You’re taking the remark out of context. Martin was fulsome in his praise of AK46. It was only when asked to expl,ain the change that the coach offered the totally plausible theory that professional hockey is played for money. What’s the big deal?”

Makes a difference no?

166. Bill says:

I doubt it’ll get brought up much. I’m not JM’s biggest fan, but I found the remark funny, which I think was his intent … it was a joke. A joke based on the evident fact that players always seem to find another gear in their contract year. I thought it was refreshing to see Jacques display a sense of humour. He’s always so “scowly penguin” on the bench making notes every time the opposition scores; I always wonder what he’s writing. I think it’s usually “LACES OUT” or something like that.

Full Breezer 4 Life

167. larisalapointe says:

Tks for all the advice guys but system got jammed and I couldn’t even post. Picture must have been too big? 3648 x 2736

168. joeybarrie says:

Paul Mara getting 3rd most ice time for Anaheim right now… I really liked him.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

169. SmartDog says:

These suggestions are all good ones to try. The thing is a little finicky.  Sometimes it takes a few tries.  Eventualy it happens. Usually about when you are ready to give up.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

170. punkster says:

The notes? For his memoirs, titled “Bad Suit, Bad Hair, Badass: Two Out Of Three Ain’t Bad”.

The comment is definitely humourous but it brought something else to mind. We sometimes forget that this is a professional league and not a high school divisional tournament. The number one reason these guys play is the money, It’s their livelyhood, supports their families, their lifestyles and the vast majority would be unable to earn anywhere near the cake they do on the outside world. The team, the crest, the cup, they all come down the list of priorities. So it’s a contract year you’re damned right the guy’s gonna step it up.

171. punkster says:

It’s like starting a family.

No…wait.

172. SmartDog says:

Thanks Serious. This is a good reply.

Punkster, you know I value your ideas, but if the comment was made in total just and after valid praise then it’s up to the JOURNALIST to put it in CONTEXT.  It’s not up to us to say “oh that Jacques is such a kidder, I know he was smiling  from ear to ear when he said that”.  I agree people freak out here over nothing.  But the way a coach talks about a player doesn’t have to be nothing.  It should have been made clearer by the guy who is getting paid to report fairly and accurately to us.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

173. Chuck says:

Larisa, the maximum dimensions that you can use for an avatar on HI/O are 80×100 pixels and the maximum size is 40 kB.

174. punkster says:

Cool :)

Another Milkbone comin’ your way.

175. larisalapointe says:

tks Chuck. It’s all Greek to me. lol

176. Jbird says:

Imagine they played the 3 stars selections on CBC, or RDS, instead of going to comercials, or worse Ron and Don.

177. CharlieHodgeFan says:

If O’B had a tenth the talent of Spezza, he could survive any coach. Unfortunately, while he’s big, he’s marginally talented. He’d be having similar problems on any team.

Eller will be fine. He needed to be benched and he was. Now he’ll get himself unbenched, and take it from there. I’m sure he’s smart and has an understanding of what he does for a living, and how he should do it. You screw up, you pay. Then you learn and move on.  Look at Price right now. It’s a learning curve.

Ten games from now, we may still be discussing Andrei. Or he may be back in the woodwork where he usually lurks. If he could get his act together, it would mean a lot for this team. But if the Leafs keep going the way they are, they’ll have an unbeaten season. It’s early days.

I wish Sergei were still in hamilton. I used to enjoy everyone calling for him to be brought up so he could score dozens of goals.

178. Bill says:

Oh, yeah, I don’t blame them at all. If I worked on contract, I’m sure I’d work my ass off in my own contract year too. Of course, I’m a workaholic and do that anyway, but still. From what I can tell by cursory internet research, the average length of an NHL career is four years. Obviously, the better players play longer (barring injury), but still, they have to make hay while the sun shines.

Full Breezer 4 Life

179. habs-hampton says:

I liked Mara too, but you gotta realize,… it’s Anaheim…

180. St.Leo Habs Fan says:

An interesting quiz I found its about the NHL Top Scorers/Team: East (2000s), brings back some old names, some good and some bad, lol Mariusz Czerkawski anyone?
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Anyone taken as an individual is tolerably sensible and reasonable — as a
    member of a crowd, he at once becomes a blockhead.
    —Friedrich Von Schiller

181. Ayan_SB says:

How do you know his family didn’t live with him in MTL before?

182. megagoten says:

i really wished mara could have stayed with us, but i guess it wasn’t meant

183. The M says:

i hope they deleted Shiloh’s account

184. otter649 says:

I heard Martin talking on the post game show on CJAD when he said AK was in a contract year – I took it as a joke since JM was in a good mood taking two wins from divisional rivals in sucessive nights…………

185. sprague cleghorn says:

It’s like learning to play defense.  It happens eventually.

186. Bill says:

1) I haven’t noticed a HUGE difference in Kostitsyn. Meaning, I firmly believe he could disappear off the radar for the next 20 games nore easily than not.. Please note that I hope I am really wrong about this, and that he plays wicked hockey for the entire season.

2) Eller looks a little in-over-his-head sometimes, but no-one is pushing his spot. When he looks good, he looks very good, and I think he’ll figure out everything he needs to by Christmas. Look for a strong second-half by him.

3) It’s just you. Well, you plus all those people who give him the credit for Halak’s two miracle rounds in last year’s playoffs.

4) They’re not drunk, we are.

5) Price has been right on. Pretty effin awesome,

Full Breezer 4 Life

187. MikeMcLaren says:

Okay folks, I need some “Name that tune” help here.

There is a french song that is super catchy that they play at the Bell Centre during stoppages.

It also was featured in a Quebec tourism commercial they would also show in the Bell Centre.

The main hook of the song starts “Yeah, yeah, yeah” and is then followed by a bunch of french this anglophone can’t quite make out to quote here.

Anyone have any ideas?

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

188. Bryan says:

I liked the guy too, but he had a brutal year last year.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

189. TorontoHabsFan says:

you should lie back and think of England?

uhhh….on second thought…nevermind.

190. ProHabs says:

Because I am sure his wife probably wouldn’t have wanted AK to be out on the town 7 days a week last year and the year before like he was doing with Sergei.

191. Bill says:

Holy ****, things really went off the rails there.

Full Breezer 4 Life

192. sprague cleghorn says:

Please, an important piece of hockey knowledge — it is Chez Paree, not Paris.

Actually, the original club of that name was a peice of Montreal history, back in the “open city”  days of the 40’s and 50’s , when it featured celebs the likes of Frank Sinatra.

193. habsfansince91 says:

what happened?

194. joeybarrie says:

Let’s not get carried away. They had more points than we did in a tougher West Coast Conference. More goals than us and have a decent team.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

195. JIMVINNY says:

No such luck, hasn’t happened yet.  Though if it did, it couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

196. JasonM says:

Need more clues! Man or woman singing? What kinda song is it? Techno? Soft rock?

197. Da Hema says:

Sweet Jesus! The HIO server is already the most overworked one on the planet. Don’t punish it more by trying to add images of that size!!

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

198. HFX-HabFan says:

Nice one!  I got 129/150.

199. MikeMcLaren says:

Definitely “poppy” – yeah, soft rock.  Actually sounds like a group, like men and women singing, mostly a woman before the chorus though.

The commercial was kind of like a pied piper sort of thing where it ended up with a whole crowd singing the main chorus.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

200. Bred says:

Pretty sure that this is what you’re looking for, and yeah, excellent track.

201. Chuck says:

Maybe Pension Plan Puppets could start a clock for that one.

202. ooder says:

from what i heard JM said that jokingly

——————

88 is the new 23

203. MikeMcLaren says:

Nope, sorry that’s not it, unfortunately!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

204. rocketsglare says:

Classic.

205. andrewberkshire says:

Anaheim also has undoubtedly the worst defense corps in the NHL this year. It’s remarkably bad.

206. naweed235 says:

I think you are talking about the track from les cowboys fringants… not sure which one tho…

207. SeriousFan09 says:

Lydman’s done alright since he got back and provided Fowler’s okay from tonight’s knock that gives them something, I’d say the Isles without Streit are in the worse situation.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

208. nightmare_49 says:

Inside the NHL – by Bucky Gleason (tidbits).

* Alex Kovalev visited Sens coach Cory Clouston’s doghouse after averaging 1:02 per shift over his 17:36 of ice time in a loss to Washington. Kovalev played 12:40 against Carolina the next game but still averaged 54 seconds. Apparently, the message isn’t getting through. If the Sens could trade him, they would.

–

Pavelec suffered a concussion when he smacked his head off the ice and didn’t remember anything beyond the national anthem. Les Thrash was waiting for him to be cleared from the head injury before throwing him back in the crease. His fainting remains a mystery.

“I would like to tell you [what happened],” Pavelec told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution from the hospital. “The last thing I remember was the lights going on after the [national] anthem. I don’t remember anything until I woke up in the ambulance and saw the doctor looking at me.”

209. Captain A-hab says:

O’ Burn!

210. JF says:

It seems that every year we have a five or six day break early in the season.  While it’s nice to be able to savour our back-to-back victories on the weekend, I think this long break could hurt us.  We have some momentum going, and AK46, who seemed comatose through long stretches of last season, is fired up.  What if the layoff breaks our momentum and sends AK46 back to sleep?  No matter how hard you work in practice, it’s not the same as playing, and any team is likely to come out flat after a break.  I hope it doesn’t take us more than about half a period on Thursday to get our rhythm and intensity back.

211. notbigbird says:

Got there after switching from Firefox to Chrome this morning. Twitter also seemed to be crashing Firefox. Go figure.

212. TOEmastro says:

I am going with a bus tour with 59 other habs fans to the ottawa game. Long story short: I render your postulation moot. Olé, olé, olé oleé

213. JustSomeguy says:

I think you need a better word than “fulsome” — it has a couple contradictory meanings: excessively or insincerely lavish” or “ abundant or copious.” When I first read your post, I automatically defaulted to the former :)

214. HabsFansince49 says:

Unless you are party to the whole conversation, it’s impossible to place in context and you react to what you read in the media.

I also think it is a big deal. Not this particular incident per se but its reflection of the wider issue of coaches relating to their players.

Anyway thanks for commenting on my comment. I trust you are right and this was not the whole picture

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion