Video: Subban on Price’s perfect night

Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban comments on the perfect work of Habs goaltender Carey Price, and on his team’s overall play, following Montreal’s 3-0 shutout win over Philadelphia tonight at the Bell Centre. Video recorded by Stubbs.

UZb6CpSVM5g

1. careyprice says:

PK is amazing when it comes to dealing with the media.

11-5-1, 2.05 GAA, .930 SV%, 3 SO…Amazing

2. Rejean says:

Dave,

Nice job adding video post-game interviews.. more compelling!!!

3. W35T5ID3 says:

Dude the day he was drafted i knew this…..

4. KenD29 says:

Wasn’t Halak  Shalaked the other night?!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

5. light_n_tasty says:

Halak has more PIMs. Price is such a sissy.

6. j2w4habs25 says:

Halak Whooo? lol…. screw him!

7. W35T5ID3 says:

shhh….you’ll wake up the halak-e-ites…

…………..aye..yaye yaye…

8. Bill J says:

Speaking of Numbers…. Did anyone else notice the # of shots on Price ?

33 after two periods…

41 after three periods.

Pure coincidence of course, but in a Shut out Game… was mildly interesting to note this.

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

9. habsfanonthewestcoast says:

did you notice that all of carey’s number are better that jaro’s

10. sholi2000.com says:

To be honest it doesn’t really matter.

Platinum Blonde 1984

But yes

They Call Me Shane

11. Hockey Socks says:

Haha is that Arpon reaching in there?

12. HabFab says:

Yes, but me thinks he is just trying to cuddle with Andie…not that I blame him!

13. Brassmonkey says:

Halak,who?

14. NightRyder says:

Boone, Stubbs, other experts… how much, if any, of an influence has
    the arrival of Subban – another future superstar of approximately the
    same vintage – had on Price?

Someone else who battles huge fan expectations, but keeps it loose and appears to have a nice rapport with Price.

Also,
    some of us were bleating for a veteran backup/mentor/non-threatening
    old guy for Price (see: Olie Kolzig etc.) for some time now. How much of
    an impact, if any, has the non-threatening big, bald Auld had on Price
    as well.

Looking forward to your answers…

15. SmartDog says:

Good post.  I think Subban has had a good effect on the team generally.

Rookie or not, he has good energy, very professoinal, hard working and driven to success… good guy to have on your team.

———

‘The purpose of Habs Inside/Out is to teach people how to spell “traditional”.’
    And Bonne! goes the dynamite!

16. Propwash says:

Lovin’ the moxy between Price and PK.

This is from a few days ago, but to me, it speaks volumes.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

It was never in doubt ! again.!

Team
    defence is the way to championships. We are a very solid team boys and
    girls. Our speed and team play, carry the day again. We are having fun
    now, it has been years in the making.

But I have two things of
    concern. The first is Pouliot, he does not buy into Jacques game plans.
    When he took that late stupid penalty. I saw visions of OByrne’s last
    puck shot over the glass, and I knew he was done with Jacques, and that
    he had blown his last shot with the Habs. I saw the same look from the
    coach when he took that dumb penalty. He just might be gone.

One
    other point of concern is with the way Price handles the puck behind
    the net. He has to be much quicker in moving the puck to an open man.
    He is waiting far to long and it creates problems. He gave a very slow
    suicide pass to Georges that nearly caused a major injury.

Not
    being picky here, just saw a couple of things that need work is all. It
    was another great win and 2 more points. Best hockey in 20 years.

18. TomNickle says:

Team defense has always been our strength.  Being able to translate that into being a tough team to play against is another story, that’s what we’re seeing.

Pouliot will be fine Ian.  They gave up a kid who didn’t work hard and had a big head for a kid who does work hard and has confidence issues.  Bottom line, he can be coached, he’s here until the end of the season at least.

Price’s puck handling has been less than crisp.  However, goalies holding the puck often draw an extra forechecker and that can lead to odd man rushes or at the very least more room to work on the rush.  I think it’s been by design considering how consistent he’s been in holding it for a couple of extra seconds here and there.

This team can be dominant with a couple more pieces put in place.

19. sholi2000.com says:

Carey Carey Carey

They Call Me Shane

20. Propwash says:

You’d figure that Thomas, Miller, and Brodeur would be at the top.

What a difference a season makes.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

21. J Haul says:

Oh, do I ever hope the I/O guys put the whiney Richards post game interview up. He went on and on, crying about PK’s lack of respect. Whaaaaaaaaaa!

22. TomNickle says:

Haha.  Did they really expect Powe to run all over the ice taking cheap shots at players without retaliation?

Looks like the intelligence of the Philadelphia area is rubbing off on them.

23. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I hate Richards, he’s a dirty douche.  He fits in well on the Flyers.

24. St.Leo Habs Fan says:

Completely agree P.K has been phenomenal, on a defense filled with veterans [Gill, Hammer, Spaceman] he really sticks out but in a very good way. His presence on the ice is always felt, whether its for sticking up for teamates, getting in the opponents faces, his offensive zone rushes (lol he looks like a running back sometimes with those 1 hand on the stick stiff arms he gives people). If I didn’t know any better I would have thought he was at least a 5 year vet the way he composes himself on and off the ice

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Anyone taken as an individual is tolerably sensible and reasonable — as a
    member of a crowd, he at once becomes a blockhead.
    —Friedrich Von Schiller

25. sholi2000.com says:

Devils, and Sabres having a terrible start.  That’ll change I imagine, but for now………..the future so bright I gatta wear shades!

They Call Me Shane

26. light_n_tasty says:

Did you just discover the link feature?

27. FormalWare says:

Stubbs, this is great! Really enjoyed watching the videos. I hope this’ll be part of your regular postgame routine.

28. habsfan321 says:

Agreed, much more interesting than listening to the audio… but it should take up 1 post, not 5. The homepage is flooded.

29. since1988 says:

I know its only mid novembeer but this team has me too excited to sleep…great story from Pierre LeBrun about the game

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

30. HabsTrueBlue says:

:-)  Hopefully you won’t be able to to sleep again until July. Eventually you’ll look like Christian Bale in the Mechanic but won’t it be worth it if the Habs win it all  :-)

31. NightRyder says:

I’d take Richards in a heartbeat.

So would you.

32. NightRyder says:

Giving up 41 shots is not exactly a stingy defensive effort and I don’t necessarily buy into the “well, they came from the outside” mantra.

I’d normally say any team that relies on its goalie to make 40+ saves on a routine basis is destined for disaster, but given last year’s showing, anything is possible.

I fear, however, as I did last year, that our spectacular goaltending is masking a lot of faults.

But one thing spectacular goaltending does do is it enables the players to perform without fear of mistakes, which is a huge part of team chemistry, which is one massive intangible that can go a long way.

33. j2w4habs25 says:

I was just thinking that when I got on here. I was like holy! lol

34. since1988 says: