Video shows Kovalev’s stickhandling prowess

It’s no secret that Alex Kovalev has some of the best stickhandling moves in the league and one of the most accurate shots around. Canadiens fans have often marvelled at what he can do with the puck.

In a video found on Youtube, Kovalev shows his best moves in a promotional piece for Warrior, the brand of sticks he uses.

It’s an impressive 95 seconds that includes a demonstration of his stickhandling abilities and shooting accuracy – from the other end of the ice.

1. gfunkdoc says:

You definately have me there. However, right now the more likely scenario is Toronto and Tampa head-to-head to see who finishes last.

2. J Haul says:

Because you go out of your way to antagonize people. If thats what you come here for, don’t be surprised when you get it back. Not to mention, I notice your posts have virtually nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Speaking of which, I’ve seen this video before. It’s available on Warrior Hockey’s website ( Click on Warrior TV, then Kovy on Warrior TV) for viewing. Amazing set of skills on this guy. I always knew he had a very accurate shot, but it wasn’t until this video that I became fully aware. I think occasionally it can even be his downfall. I noticed a while back that he hits the crossbar a lot (especially in shootouts). After watching this you realize its because he’s shooting with such pin point accuracy that he tries for tiny spots that most won’t try all the time. Either way, just amazing accuracy.

3. Corio says:

Seen this a while ago, it is pretty sweet, he has great control..

4. gfunkdoc says:

You’re silly.

Unfortunately for your argument, who does and does not make the playoffs is not based on head-to-head records. Based on your logic Washington is a much better team than Ottawa.

The fact is that so far this season Montreal has been much better than Toronto. The standings reflect that perfectly (remember, it’s the standings that decide who plays in the postseason). The two teams nearly always play tight games no matter how well they are doing over the course of a season.

I know you only come on here to rattle cages, but try to come up with something better.

5. Infanteer says:

Are you on crack?

If so, there are many resources available to assist you in your struggles.

We – the Habsinsideout bloggers – care. We really do.

6. CHsam says:

7. P St. Pierre says:

Kovy rocks. I realize that it’s a promo video, but the guy is super talented nonetheless. The NHL wants a shootout competition similiar to the NBA’s slam dunk competition. Imagine Kovalev strutting his stuff in that. I’m sure he’d provide some good competition for Kovalchuk, Ovechking, etc.

8. Tearson says:

Wow. All I can say to that video is WOW. Glad he’s on our team. And those idiots in the NHL didn’t want him at the All-Star game ? Makes you Wonder ?

9. sadave says:

Gotta get me one of those sticks!

10. WindsorHab-10 says:

That was awesome. I got dizzy watching it.

11. Infanteer says:

Because, as I have stated before, the vast majority or your posts are evidently written because you like hearing yourself type.