Video shows Kovalev’s stickhandling prowess

It’s no secret that Alex Kovalev has some of the best stickhandling moves in the league and one of the most accurate shots around. Canadiens fans have often marvelled at what he can do with the puck.

In a video found on Youtube, Kovalev shows his best moves in a promotional piece for Warrior, the brand of sticks he uses.

It’s an impressive 95 seconds that includes a demonstration of his stickhandling abilities and shooting accuracy – from the other end of the ice.

1. Infanteer says:

Because, as I have stated before, the vast majority or your posts are evidently written because you like hearing yourself type.

2. Corio says:

Seen this a while ago, it is pretty sweet, he has great control..

3. gfunkdoc says:

You’re silly.

Unfortunately for your argument, who does and does not make the playoffs is not based on head-to-head records. Based on your logic Washington is a much better team than Ottawa.

The fact is that so far this season Montreal has been much better than Toronto. The standings reflect that perfectly (remember, it’s the standings that decide who plays in the postseason). The two teams nearly always play tight games no matter how well they are doing over the course of a season.

I know you only come on here to rattle cages, but try to come up with something better.

4. Infanteer says:

Are you on crack?

If so, there are many resources available to assist you in your struggles.

We – the Habsinsideout bloggers – care. We really do.

5. CHsam says:

L’artiste!!!!!!

6. P St. Pierre says:

Kovy rocks. I realize that it’s a promo video, but the guy is super talented nonetheless. The NHL wants a shootout competition similiar to the NBA’s slam dunk competition. Imagine Kovalev strutting his stuff in that. I’m sure he’d provide some good competition for Kovalchuk, Ovechking, etc.

7. Tearson says:

Wow. All I can say to that video is WOW. Glad he’s on our team. And those idiots in the NHL didn’t want him at the All-Star game ? Makes you Wonder ?

8. gfunkdoc says:

You definately have me there. However, right now the more likely scenario is Toronto and Tampa head-to-head to see who finishes last.

9. sadave says:

Gotta get me one of those sticks!

10. WindsorHab-10 says:

That was awesome. I got dizzy watching it.

11. J Haul says:

Because you go out of your way to antagonize people. If thats what you come here for, don’t be surprised when you get it back. Not to mention, I notice your posts have virtually nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Speaking of which, I’ve seen this video before. It’s available on Warrior Hockey’s website ( http://www.warriorhockey.com/WarriorHockey.html Click on Warrior TV, then Kovy on Warrior TV) for viewing. Amazing set of skills on this guy. I always knew he had a very accurate shot, but it wasn’t until this video that I became fully aware. I think occasionally it can even be his downfall. I noticed a while back that he hits the crossbar a lot (especially in shootouts). After watching this you realize its because he’s shooting with such pin point accuracy that he tries for tiny spots that most won’t try all the time. Either way, just amazing accuracy.

12. Chuck says:

It sure would be a treat to see him in the skills competition at the All-Star festivities…

______________________________________
    “All bow down before the Komisaurus Rex!”

13. Ice Man says:

Never mind the All Star Game. It would be a treat to see him use those skills in a NHL game.

14. Smart Dog says:

Wow.

And this guy’s not going to the all star game?

________________________________________________________________
    Habs Fans! The FUTURE looks bright:
    Plekanec, Higgins, Chipchura, A Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Latendress,
    Price, S Kostitsyn, Komisuarus, O’Byrne

15. Chuck says:

Problem is, they don’t even have competitions for some of the stuff that he can do!

______________________________________
    “All bow down before the Komisaurus Rex!”

16. TommyB says:

A one-man skills competition! Habsolutely loved it.

17. The Teacher says:

Ehh..I’ve seen better Kovalev YouTube videos. This was kind of lame IMO.

Sorry Kevin.

18. Kilgore Trout says:

so link us to them then

19. Mr.Hazard says:

This one’s cool too… It’s been on Youtube for over a year though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYV_7hNZ8E&feature=related

Ex nihilo nihil fit

20. Ice Man says:

Yes he can really handle that puck with his head down. But if he was in a game doing that with his head down he would be flattened.

21. Smart Dog says:

We don’t all spend all our lives at the computer… feels like that sometimes tho!
    ________________________________________________________________
    Habs Fans! The FUTURE looks bright:
    Plekanec, Higgins, Chipchura, A Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Latendress,
    Price, S Kostitsyn, Komisuarus, O’Byrne

22. WindsorHab-10 says:

Oops.

23. Hot_Pie says:

I think anyone who calls himself a Habs fan has already seen this video. Twice. Great video nonetheless though – it never gets old.

24. HotColdHabs says:

Kovy has all the moves – no doubt he dazzles fans everywhere!

But, just to keep things real, I wonder how many takes it took to get those moves down perfectly for the finished product. Remember, this is a promo video for a hockey stick.

enduring the high’s & lows of being a Habs fan in the “new” NHL

25. Shiloh says:

Kovalev is a beauty. I love having him on our team. He is good for the the Kostitsyn brothers and our other Russian players as well.

26. jimbo82 says:

eh I can do that

27. WindsorHab-10 says:

They would if he was a Leaf, God forbid.