Video: Habs react to 2-0 loss to Toronto

Carey Price

Video culled from the Habs dressing room following their 2-0 season-opening loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre. You’ve got Carey Price, Michael Cammalleri, Tomas Plekanec and head coach Jacques Martin.

1. eeffvv says:

Good news: this website ((http://itshrunk.com/cd9649) ) we has been updated and add products

and many things they abandoned their increases are welcome to visit our website. Accept cash

or credit card payments, free transport. You can try oh, will make you satisfied.

2. VintageFan says:

Sure it was only one game, but it was THE FIRST GAME OF A NEW SEASON. There should have been some emotion.
    Is it just me, or does this team appear to have quit on Martin already?

3. Danno says:

Talking about the power play Jacques, is there any reason why you don’t use Erik Cole much in the power play?

“I think it doesn’t matter who you use. People have just got to do the job. We work with different people and they just got to do the job.”

Can somebody explain this please?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• habstrinifan says:

While they are at it please go back to another one of JM’s gem from last season.

“Everyone thinks he (P.K) is an offensive defenseman but really most of his goals have come on the power play” I couldnt help yelling out “Most of your team ONLY scores on the power play”

4. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I know when I whine about Jacques Martin, it is not that if I was Molson or Mr. Gauthier I would fire Martin (unless the wheels completely fall-off) …I mean what’s out there to replace Him ?
    …Maybe, Kirk Muller ? …possible, but Kirk is an unknown quantity as an NHL coach at this time …and Jacques has proved He is a solid, if unremarkable, coach over 15 + years
    …Jacques has what is needed as a motivator and strategist to turn the talent We have around
    …We had Our chance at an exceptional coach, but did not seize the moment
    …I stew about it, but it’s water under the bridge (although, I maintain the right to ‘whine’ about it again at My pleasure when the gas in My esophagus is just too overwhelming to control)
    …and that gas gets pretty hard to keep down when I know a Habs’ Boucher coached Team would not be as offensively challenged as We must endure with JM
    …that vision, in fact, after a sorry game like tonight, makes Me feel a SERIOUS burp comin’ on as I tickle My keypad

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• The Cat says:

I get what youre saying but its PG’s fault. If you take Hamrlik out of that D-corps, theres only so much a coach can do. This D was kept at respectable levels – at best- by Hamrlik last year, and now this is one of the worst D in the league because the GM didnt plan on ‘rainy days’, instead he planned and crossed his fingers and hoped things would go right.

• habstrinifan says:

I asked earlier in thE pre-season and do so again.. Did this team lose more than we know when they lost Kirk Muller. Based on our pre-season and the first game and comments from Hal Gill and Gionta and Cammallieri during summer…. the answer might just be a huge YES.

5. HabFanSince72 says:

- It’s only the first game of the season. Means nothing.

- Yemelin is still learning how to play on a smaller N American surface. He learned a lot last night.

- Jacques Martin knows more about hockey than you do.

- Our best player is injured.

- What you want to fire the coach who took us to the EC final?

(Have I missed any?)

• Philly-Poo says:

Yes Yemelin is learning, but, sorry… How did Yemelin learn a lot last night? That staying focused in the press box can be difficult?

• HabFanSince72 says:

I was being sarcastic. Obviously this should be the end of the road for the PG/JM tandem. Bringing Yemelin over and benching him, signing a still injured Markov, building a meek no-offence hockey team, continually messing up the development of young players.

Right now the Habs look like a bottom 16 team.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Third season of mediocrity.

We’ve been the roughly the 15-17th best team in the league for two seasons going on three now. When only 20 teams spend the cap, that is very poor.

This year we got worse. Our D was already weak last year, now it is pathetic. Only one player has any hope of contributing offensively. We are a team where the attackers have to help out the defencemen, rather than one where the defence can jumpstart the attack. Always on the backfoot.

• V says:

You must love it when the Habs lose. A loss lends a molecule of credence to your baseless overstatements.

• swannyboy says:

I agree,and Darche on the PP and Cole on the bench,Martin has too go,the players are not playing for him.

6. Habitant in Surrey says:

…well, learning the Detroit Dodgers whupped da Ugly Yankees 4 games to 1 to win the ACLS series was My novacaine to a stinkeroo Canadiens’ loss

…(Detroit Dodgers ??? …yup, You see I’ve been a Brooklyn Dodgers Fan almost as long as I’ve been a Habs’ Fan …and, YES I know they don’t ‘exist’ anymore, at least in Brooklyn :( …but I consider ANY Team dat BUST da Yanks as a metonym for My Brooklyn Dawdgerrs :) )

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

7. The_Franchise31 says:

I have to agree. Why did we sign Cole if not use him on the pp in front of the net. Sure his numbers sent great but mtl has always had a good pp so maybe he will get better here. And I do not understand JM’s obsession with DD. Way to much ice time for a guy who had a terrible preseason

8. habsfan0 says:

I don’t understand why our kindly old coach keeps scribbling notes. Hasen’t he heard of an iPad?

• Habziefan09 says:

Paper and Pencil don’t break when dropped or hit by a puck… and if dropped or hit by a puck, you still have all the information you jotted down..

Behind the bench is NOT the place for electronic gadgets of that nature… like really.. did Bowman or Blake need an iPad? I think not.

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

• habsfan0 says:

I never noticed Bowman or Blake scribbling anything behind the bench.
        Blake chewed on gum.
        Bowman chewed on ice.

I guess that’s all they needed.

9. Traf27 says:

I’d love to know which reporter asked Carey about what happened on the 1st goal. When it goes in he’s been pushed into his net and is lieing there helplessly. The reporter at the end says “You just kinda lost it”. I bet the reporter couldn’t find a buck if it was sitting on the a table infront of him.

The struggles of today will make the victories of tomorrow that much sweeter.

• Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

Was it John Lu? He’s a Pullitzer contender that one.

____________________________________________________
      They lost me 2 quarts of rum, better make it up next year with a cup!

10. Jocko says:

I really hate seeing the habs loose to the Laffs. It brings out the Jeckyl and Hyde in me. Hyde tells me it is one game and that it is definitely not the end of the world, nor a clear indication of what the team is.

Jekyl, well he is a talkative fellow! He says that Markov will be a drain on our cap, how many games will he play this year? 20 if the Habs are lucky. He also goes on to say that the spare parts of the Habs (third pairing D, fourth line0 are pathetic AHL’ers who need to go away. Why did we let moore and Halpern escape. He also goes on to say that maybe this idea of getting Artyukhin(spelling?), is not so bad and that Martin should just tell Emelin to hit whatever moves.

As Captain James T. kirk would have said, “Feel…so…conflicted!”

Here’s to sunday and a much better result (this beer’s for you all, my fellow HIO followers).

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

11. SeriousFan09 says:

Canucks-Pens going to shootout, couldn’t even get through opening night without a faux ending.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

12. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

Jaques Martin is a fool. Put cole on the pp already. WTF> Only 13 min of ICE? DD with 18 min plus? something isnt right here. Darche over cole on PP too? huh? am i missing something?, and oh yeah, get PLEKS off the point, that experiment was a failure. He dosnt belong on the point, use the strenghts of diaz, and weber, kause these “d-men” are not here for their defensive abilities, but rather for the offensive abilites they were drafted for. right?

However, we will get over this ,pulling off a win agaisnt winnipeg will be tough, but I think we’ll do it.

peace.

• Propwash says:

According to the numbers, Cole on the powerplay never really worked out for him in his career.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Cole is not a good PP guy. He’s had 10 PPG in the last 4 years and last year, he had 3x as much PP TOI as Darche and scored 1 more goal.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• Timo says:

It all may be true, but all these other Habs on the PP works just wonders.

• Hockey says:

Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could actually make people laugh with your “witty” posts? I suppose it would. Too bad you don’t have the knack for it. Oh well, I guess the important thing is you get all the attention you need to get out of bed in the morning. Giddyup!

• The Dude says:

Maybe not you ,but Timo cracks me up daily and I look forward to his postings.On top of that he know’s what he’s writing about”keeps it real”. After all 93 was a loooooooong time ago,eh!

• Hockey says:

Fair enough. Problem is, after lurking for ages, I have never actually read anything of his that indicates any real deep understanding of the game. That is ok. Not everybody has one. But, at least, many posters who don’t pretend to be knowledgeable add value in other ways. He doesn’t seem to be capable of that. Just shows up after a loss and screams for attention. I would be curious to know what kind of psychological condition triggers this.

• Traf27 says:

These are fair arguments, but they also prove that Cole performs best 5-5… So why was he playing 3rd line minutes. You can throw all sorts of stats out but Jacques martin blew this one like a pro.

The struggles of today will make the victories of tomorrow that much sweeter.

13. Muckbringer says:

if youre going to be winless, nows the time!

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
    — John Quincy Adams

Game one of the 20 before The Gelling is complete. Nothing to worry about.

• habsfan0 says:

Campoli out apparently for 3 weeks. Is Breezer still in game shape?

• Timo says:

MAB is. Will tampa trade him for Gomer?
        Who cares if Campoli’s out? In 2 games he managed to get nailed and then trip over his own feet and break whatever. Some player.

I am surprised he still has a job in the NHL after he gave Canucks the victory in the playoffs in game 7.

• govenah says:

went to the depaneur after the game.
      the clerk asked “paper or plastic?”
      I thought about it. Would I rather suffocate myself after losing to Toronto? Or just hide?
      “Weil, its only the first game” I said. “I will take the paper”

• Muckbringer says:

but next time, try laughing out of a TO BP!

— John Quincy Adams

15. habaholic68NJ says:

DEATH TO THE SYSTEM

*Listen to my instrumental tribute entitled “Habs at War” at http://web.me.com/ptolias/Music/OtherOriginalMusic.html

16. habsfan0 says:

Yankees eliminated. As a result, Yankee payroll next year increased to $1 trillion dollars.

Is PK Subban still injured? He sure played like it.

As long as vegan and JM run this team it will always be a bunch of perimeter pu$$ies. That team sucks. It is almost comical watching them trying to lay a body or be physical. They are as physically intimidating as a 12 year olds ringette team. Ah well, not like it’s a surprise. If anything, with departure of Hammer and Wiesnewski this team only gotten worse.

• Kristopher7 says:

Again, I’ll say that I am vegan and take offense to people using the fact that Gauthier is vegan, as a means to make joking nicknames about him.

• Timo says:

really? that sensitive? I mean, my hair is a bit red, I never get my panties twisted in a knot when I hear some being called carrot top…

• Muckbringer says:

i take offence to your not experiencing medium rare.

“in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one – no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.”

[Points to sword]

This you can trust.

• habsfan0 says:

You’ve just insulted all 12 year old ringette teams with that comment.

• Timo says:

Yeah, I know… I realized that when I pressed Submit Comment. And I am deeply sorry.

• Muckbringer says:

glad to see you back, if thats really u.

…left eyebrow askew

— John Quincy Adams

• nunacanadien says:

Even ringette teams know how to blow their team budget, here we waste it on speedy gonzelez’s cousin sleepy gomez who hasn’t scored a goal since he was in kindergarten.

• Muckbringer says:

doomed i tells ya, doomed!!!
      thank frigg you dont get paid for your analysis, or is timo really PM?

— John Quincy Adams

• The Dude says:

Hey Timo ,my cats are totally offended…..

18. Muckbringer says:

ontario holds libs off on the last seat by 600 votes!!!
    can you say coalition?
    now i can sleep….

— John Quincy Adams

19. Propwash says:

Doomed I tellz yah, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
    Where’s my friggin’ beer….

20. Muckbringer says:

beer stopped at 2nd inter.
    rum and coke dude!

— John Quincy Adams

21. Propwash says:

I coulda whipped out the scotch, but I gotta work tomorrow…

22. Muckbringer says:

yeah, gotta work tomorrow, GD, what a bummer!

You scurvy shyster bastard.

23. habstrinifan says:

You almost got me LOL! Didint recognize the sarcasm for a minute or two.