VIDEO: Habs end regular season with 4-1 spanking of Leafs

eller

Canadiens centreman Lars Eller, who scored once and had two assists, speaks to reporters in Toronto dressing room.
Stubbs video capture

The Canadiens convincingly ended their 2012-13 regular season Saturday night at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, spanking the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-1.

Now, the Habs must wait until Sunday night, around 9:45 pm ET, to learn who’s they’ll play in the first round of the playoffs, beginning likely Tuesday in Montreal. If the Boston Bruins beat the Ottawa Senators, the Habs will face the Maple Leafs in the Eastern quarterfinal. If Boston earns just a single point or loses, Montreal will finish second in the Eastern Conference as the Northeast Division champion, their opponent to be determined Sunday night.

Some video shot postgame in Toronto:

Canadiens leaving Air Canada Centre ice, quite businesslike until P.K Subban arrives on the scene. The Habs are just learning that Boston has lost in overtime in Washington:

Lars Eller:

Peter Budaj:

Brian Gionta:

1. jon514 says:

4 Question for the HIO community:

1) Which players have outperformed their season expectations?
    2) Which players have underperformed their season expectations?
    3) Which players have just met their season expectations?
    4) Can we say that MT’s system/style is more suited to certain types of players?

Happy Playoffs! Go Sens!

2. Danno says:

4-1 Habs over that despicable team in Toronto.
    Statement Sent In Fine Fashion

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

3. Bozo McBozo says:

My wife put a Dos Equis ad on the fridge this Friday that kinda sums it up for us Habs fans, “When his odds are 50/50, he has a 98% chance of Victory!” Stay thirsty my friends!

4. donmarco says:

Still think the Leafs are salivating over playing the Habs? Best for them, and us, would be for Ottawa to win tomorrow. Boston will sweep them in 4 based on how they played tonight. We’d take them in 5.

5. Clay says:

Game reply here, in case anyone missed it – or just wants to enjoy it again.

__________________________
    ☞ “And yet not choice but habit rules the unreflecting herd.” ~ William Wordsworth ☜

6. HabsTrueBlue says:

I have seen the future (and the present) and his name is Lars Eller – the big skilled #1 center for whom we have pining for years.

7. Chuck says:

I asked my two year old daughter before the game who was going to win… she responded with a resounding “C-H!!!” The game was never in doubt.

8. habsfan0 says:

“If Boston earns just a single point or loses, Montreal will finish second in the Eastern Conference as the Northeast Division champion, their opponent to be determined Sunday night.”

I believe Habs will definitely play Ottawa under that scenario.

9. habs001 says:

Now the habs have to get the PP going…

10. Bim says:

Keep Tinordi up. He looked great tonite. In a couple of years he’ll fill out even even more and just be a monster out there. Good for you Mark and welcome aboard!

11. Bim says:

Hey..anyone want to play the Rangers? If Boston loses tomorrow night that could happen>

12. HammerHab says:

random thought of the day…..I wish we had Bieksa….

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

13. blu3chip says:

1 shot in 2nd period with 3 powerplay… HAHAHAHAHA

sorry can’t stop laffing

14. habstrinifan says:

Eller is a freakin Dane!

15. Bozo McBozo says:

Solid win! Statement win! Kinda shows that judging a hockey club is like gauging a neighbor’s marriage: you have no Idea what goes on behind closed doors. I want the Leafs in the first round like sex with a world-class model. It’s tough to take a leak on Bay Street from Westchester Country, NY, but my bladder is full!!!

16. HNS says:

PriceBot Dilemma Alert.

17. Bill says:

Anyone else think the Bruins might tank their last game tomorrow so they can face the Leafs?

I would if I were them.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• showey47 says:

Plus the sens avoid the pens. Works out for both teams.

• Habilis says:

I agree in principle. But, I just can’t see it actually happening. Rask is playing, they want that 2 seed as much as we do. The B’s have been through this before and they know the value of having game 7’s at home.

I know that players always say “It doesn’t matter who we play”, it’s a cliche for sure. But I think that most teams, especially previous Cup winners, really do feel that way.

• habstrinifan says:

I am all for that.. Habs-Sens would be my 1st rnd pick. But then again I live in Ottawa and can handle Ottawa fans much better than Leafs fans who really think they own the game.

• le but says:

Yeah,my thoughts exactly. Best way. le bbbuuuttt

18. Da Hema says:

How did PJ Stock ever get a position at CBC? The one thing I want Harper to do — end CBC television — he won’t. TSN wouldn’t even interview PJ Stock.

• otter649 says:

What Stock pulled tonight on Freideman should be more than enough to show Stock the door – Immature & very unprofessional…..

• JohnBellyful says:

I’d like to see Friedman do 30 thoughts about Stock, no holds barred.
        The thoughtful talking about the thoughtless.

• hab fan in leaf jungle says:

Friedman may be a nice guy and a great broadcaster and a gentleman etc. but P.J. Stock is a former NHLer and a former fighter who put his body (and life) on the line every game taking on some huge opponents. I value his opinions and his analysis more than those of a guy who has a pear-shaped body and looks like he can’t say no to doughnuts and french fries. I am sick of analysts who have never played the game even if they are obnoxious like Milbury. Having said that, Cherry is an idiot who never played in the NHL but he did coach a great Boston team and that makes his opinions worth considering.

• Clay says:

Anyone have video on that? I missed it.

__________________________

• otter649 says:

No sure if there is video but Freideman had news about Dallas firing their GM & hiring a new GM Detroit’s Jim Nill so Freideman had it as news for CBC but Stock interrupted him & made fun of him because the news was already out on Twitter but was news to me and I’m sure alot of other people – Stock needs to be fired from CBC as he just aggravates people (Weekes & Healy) should have been left in that little room just showing game highlites which he was doing originally in the past…..

• HabFan in Edmonton says:

They should replace Stock with Claude Noel !!

19. naweed235 says:

Ahahahhahaha did anybody else see M.T lose his s%^* in the locker room during the 1st intermission vs flyers? It was just on 24CH

20. Danno says:

4-1 Habs over that despicable team in Toronto
    Statement Sent In Fine Fashion

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

21. Habitant in Surrey says:

…has anyOne noted recently that da Weeds suck ?

22. Danno says:

Sloppy second…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

23. JohnBellyful says:

JohnHancock – first person to sign the Declaration of Independence
    JohnFairfax – first person to row solo across an ocean
    JohnFitzgeraldKennedy – first Roman Catholic to be elected president of the U.S.
    JohnLocke – first person to define the self through a continuity of consciousness
    JohnBellyful – first person on this thread