Video: Habs beat Rangers 3-2

A few short video clips from the Canadiens dressing room after the Habs beat the New York Rangers 3-2 at the Bell Centre on Saturday night. Montreal had goals from Roman Hamrlik, Tomas Plekanec and Andrei Kostitsyn, then held off a furious New York charge in the third period to earn the win.

d8UbPsMd8og

Here is where we place in the 30 team league, compare to last week.

Most
    important team stat for a winning play off team is the amount of goals
    that a team gives up against the rest of the league. We have stayed all
    year between 4th place and 2nd place. Martin sure has us play off ready
    defensively.

Now we start to develop the power play and a more
    consistent manner of face off wins and puck control at both ends of the
    ice, producing a few more goals for us.

Not to worry boys and
    girls, even with our injuries, we will peak at all facets of the game
    just in time for another great run into this play off season. Although
    we are sure going to ware out the edge of our seats and our finger
    nails will be a lot shorter.!

Goals Against—107,   We are in   4th place.   Last week we were in  3rd place with  99.

Total Points—– 53,   We are in  12th place.   Last week we were in 12th place with  49.

Goals For——-112,   We are in  24th place.   Last week we were in 27th place with 105.

2. jennifer1984 says:

it does it to me too when i try to change mine…. so if you figure it out, let me know!

3. W35T5ID3 says:

WHY CANT I USE AN AVATAR??HELP!EVERY TIME I PICK ONE IT SHOWS THAT IT WORKED,BUT THEN I’LL POST A COMMENT AND WHEN IT SHOWS UP THE MESSAGE DOES BUT THE PIC IS NOT THERE.VERY FRUSTRATING.

…………Much appreciated if anyone could help me out with wtf is going wrong why i cant pic an avatar.

4. AH says:

Just watched it, your not alone, I laughed the whole way through. Clearly he is completely uncomfortable with the media (not knowing the language will do that). If he keeps scoring I’ll gladly suffer thorugh his bumbling interviews though.

GO HABS GO!!

5. NoTinFoilCups says:

The reporters should know better to keep the questioning simple with him. I am sure he had no clue when one mentions “shooting the puck into next week”.

6. W35T5ID3 says:

LOL i dont know about you but watching that ak46 clip is absolutly hilarious.Poor guy though…probably a little shy,english not too sharp and he a…justa play hockey i assoo veryy happy i just a shoot i score …

7. Dave Stubbs says:

Yes, that was my question. As I was asking it, I saw the look of puzzlement.

I mentioned it to Andrei after the camera was turned off. He laughed. He hadn’t a clue what I meant. I told I him we were even, since I haven’t a clue what he says most of the time, either. He laughed again.

Good guy. Let’s hope this lights a fire under him.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

8. HabFanSince72 says:

We win.

We totally dominate them during the first two and only their keeper keeps them in the game.

They come out strong in the 3rd but we hang on in part thanks to Carey the P.

So of course, some in the H I/O commentariat come on here to criticize the team, the coach, Carey.

In other news, Tampa lost again thanks to an awful night by Rollie the Goalie. I guess picking up a 41 yr old journeyman goalie isn’t a work of genius after all. Leafs lose in a shootout: perfect outcome for us, they get a point to move up in the standings, but their fans are still heartbroken.

9. deuce6 says:

I still don’t understand that trade TB made..Desjardin was playing great, why give up Wishart for, like you said, a 41 year old? I guess Yzerman isn’t as good a GM as every thinks.. ;)

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

10. deuce6 says:

AK’s interviews are like a cookie cutter response from the guy..I shoot, I score goal..I am happy when I score goal..But, I can’t dis it because I don’t know one word of Russian..lol

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

11. otter649 says:

Will soon find out how good a GM Mr Yzerman is when left to deal with Lecalvier 10 mill a year contract which has several more years to go as Tampa is a budget team and not a cap team & needs to sign Stamkos & possibly Gagne for next season……..

12. HabFanSince72 says:

He’ll pay him what he’s worth. Yes it means Tampa will lose money,

So what. They’ll get bailed out by Habs and Leafs fans.

13. jennifer1984 says:

Was anyone aware that The Wiz has his own clothing line?

14. Psycho29 says:

I’M THE WIZ……AND I’M AWESOMMMMMMMMMME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Angela Morales says:

i have to agree with deuce6, andrei’s responces are so funny he pretty much says the same things all the time, but at least he knows how to speak some english!

carey is just adorable

and wisniewski has a bit of a mohawk going, way cool!

16. Willy the bum says:

Should use Andrei’s response as a voiceover message on answering machine or cell phone:

“I shoot, I score goal, I am happy” BEEEEEP!!!

17. Danno says:

I always look forward to a good AK interview. He talk. I laugh. Me happy.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

18. W35T5ID3 says:

Tonight AK46 was the man!I love this way this guy played.If he did this on most nights and used his noggin like he did against the rangers he’d be a 40 goal scoring power forward …..and built like a tank.He’s awesome.I hope we dont trade him or something because this kid has real potential.I would bet my house that if he were shipped out at some point that he’d be a star with another team.But i think he can do it as a hab.

Also, i just clued in after reading the postgame report that next saturday cptn koivu’s gonna be in the house!Man,that’ll be emoitional huh?Cant wait….i hope he gets a ten minute standing ovation because he truly deserves it.

19. habs365 says:

a big two points last night..Warning!..Carolina on the move