Video: Canadiens defeat Kings 4-1

Canadiens’ Lars Eller shows much happiness after his team’s 4-1 win over the Los Angeles Kings, which included the hard-working forward’s first goal as a member of the club.

Scroll down for goalie Carey Price talking about his team’s ‘perfect’ game and his own lush mustache; Scott Gomez discussing his rented goal and the effort of rookie Lars Eller; and Michael Cammalleri, talking about the night and playing against the Kings, his NHL home for five seasons.

1. Habscat says:

Love these videos after the games. The team looks like it has a great chemstry this season

2. habs4_25th says:

Too bad the rest of the fans on here, haven’t always agreed with that Price is the better of the 2 ( Halak) we had.  Price just needed some time to mature and grow, now he is the reason we are winning most our games.

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be it yours to hold high.”

3. Rad says:

Go Lars Eller!!

Go Ian Schultz!!

Go P.K. Subban!!

Go Max Pacioretty!!

Habs future looking bright!!

4. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Just watched some youtube clips of Ian Shultz and I LIKE WHAT I SEE!! He could be our Lucic!

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

5. Velavok says:

Great effort tonight guys. I was ecstatic to see Lars net his first for the habs. Hes been working hard and deserves it, especially after the heartbreak of missing that near empty net against philly. Hoping he breaks through and starts scoring more consistently. Love the reaction of his line mates.

6. DavidKB says:

The “We haven’t won anything yet” tag seem to fit right about now. Here’s hoping the boys are feeling it, and keep repeating it to themselves. Go Habs.

7. DavidKB says:

I predict that Auld will start on Friday against the Thrashers.

8. Habsone says:

Great job Habs!!!

9. dh says:

Here in Canada we have excellent commentators:  Don Cherry, Benoit Brun-nez, Gord’s buddy Pierre – LOL.

10. Julie H says:

Not bashing all American’s, it just seems to so happen that their announcers don’t have the same love for hockey that our announcers do and therefore make mistakes and don’t care. It’s a shame, really.

“I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

11. Hobie Hansen says:

The only thing I’ve ever said about Martin’s coaching style is that it’s annoying when he plays a defenseman on the forth line. Otherwise I’ve been seriously impressed with his coaching methods.

When you’re a body or two short from having your ideal group of 12 forwards you’ve got to juggle the lines. Once Gauthier and Martin get together and fill the holes we’ll probably see less line juggling after the deadline. Martin is the only coach we’ve had with NHL experience since we won the Stanley Cup. It sure shows with our record this season and our strong playoffs last year.

And what can you say about Carey Price? This guy looks unbeatable. He’s big, confident and highly skilled. There’s nothing to shoot at when you’re going in on him, he’s awesome!

He’s the best goaltender in the league when taking his age, salary and especially his abilities into consideration.

GO HABS GO!!!

12. habs33 says:

I had a feeling about last night’s game. I knew it was going to be a good one…

The boys played well, rolled four solid lines and got the best out of the best! My god Pleks is scary good when he’s on. He was shakin’ and bakin’ big time last night. He’d cross the LA blue line and just torch whatever D was on him. More than once he pulled out a move I didn’t know he had.

Price was his usual calm, well-positioned self. His rebound control was superb and he’s seeing the ice well. That should have been his 5th shutout of the season in my opinion. Had the puck not have gone in I can see letting Ryan Smyth’s goalie interference go, but when it’s directly responsible for a goal you’ve gotta call that.

Let’s keep the momentum riding for this weekend. Two big games. Which one does Auld start?

Follow me on Twiter:jrosshfx

Mark Recchi recorded his 1500th career point in the NHL last night.  What a fantastic accomplishment.

14. Nilan4Pres says:

Almost fell off my chair after seeing that pic. Lol

15. says:

Right now there are a whole pile of fans hanging from the “why didn’t I see this coming tree”.

And the “I can’t even post anymore list”

Where are these guys now?  Haven’t seen some from our list in weeks.

They Call Me Shane

16. Johnny_D says:

I’m hoping he snags a Conn Smythe + the other one that normally accompanies it 😉

17. Da Hema says:

Are you surprised by poor US commentators? What is remarkable is they didn’t claim Carey Price was a member of the Communist Party. After all, he is a Canadian–and all Canadians are socialists.

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

How’s about a trifecta? It’s just the be-Jennings of greater things to come.

19. Say Ash says:

I can say it with Hart.

20. Chuck says:

The scary thing is that if Price got some semblance of goal support during his seven regulation losses, he could easily be 16-4-1… or better.

Centre Hice: documenting one fan’s attachment to the Montreal Canadiens

Can you say Vezina?

22. Laramy87 says:

That was a solid team win, and awesome for Eller to get his first goal, the way he was playing the last virew games he deserved it, he is getting better game by game.

So i was watching the game on the Kings feed, because i guess TSN didnt pick up this game and i noticed 3 blatant mistakes by the kings announcers:

1) one of the guys stated that Montreal is in thier 96th season, then later they flashed a stat saying they originated in 1909…. ahhhh do the math there, i guess they dont teach simple subtraction LA. Plus didnt these guys notice the big 100th logo at centre ice at all last year lol.

2) They mentioned Lars Eller was from Sweeden. Then later when talking about his first goal said he was Danish. Okay so i guess they didnt do ANY research and jsut assumed with a name like Lars Eller, you must be from Sweeden.

3) The guys were talking about Price’s maturation and how he is more focused this year compared to last. Then one of the annoucers said Price got into it with a few fans last year and even made some gestures after making a safe. Well that was 2 years ago, again thanks for coming out lol

These guys were not smart at all, and clearly did do research on the team before the broadcast like every other team does…

oh well, not important i just thought it was funny and worth mentioning. GO HABS GO

23. Chuck says:

Officially Price is 5th with a GAA of 2.00, but of the four goalies above him on the list, none has played more than 14 games.

Same thing goes with SV%; at .933 he’s 4th, but again none of the 3 guys above him have played more than 14 games.

There are 20 goalies who have played at least 15 games. Of those, Price is #1 is wins, shutouts, shots against, saves, save percentage, goals-against average and minutes-played.

Centre Hice: documenting one fan’s attachment to the Montreal Canadiens

24. Ayan_SB says:

Carey Price stats:

GP: 21 (#1)

Wins: 12 (#1)

GAA: 2.00 (#5)

SV%: .933 (#4)

SO: 4 (Tied with Thomas at #1)

And 1 assist lol

Edit: I noticed someone else has already posted the exact same thing. *Sigh*

25. 21BIGGionta says:

How CUTE is he !? (had to sorry)