Video: Canadiens blank Rangers 2-0

Some video shot in the Canadiens dressing room following the Habs’ 2-0 victory over the New York Rangers.

It was goaltender Carey Price’s fifth shutout of the season, the ninth of his NHL career, and lifted the Canadiens three points ahead of the Rangers in the Eastern Conference standings, Montreal holding two games in hand, with the New Jersey Devils coming to the Bell Centre Sunday afternoon at 3 pm ET.

Here are a few of the comments of goaltender Carey Price, captain Brian Gionta, and centre Scott Gomez, who scored the 30th game-winning goal of his NHL career.

t0vLBC58LJE

1. joeybarrie says:

Whats astonishing is the ones who thought we wouldn’t even make the playoffs not knowing we would be playing without Markov, Gorges and about 10 games without Cammi if not more…

I really wonder how those who really thought that still consider themselves a good judge of a team can still come on here, bash our guys and think they know how to run a team better than the ones who currently are.

It’s a shame our boys had to get hurt cause can ANYONE say we can’t go on a Cup run with our entire roster? Although I do believe we would not be the favorites.

They have done a good job on this team, and I am glad we can still compete.

Just wait till next season when our young guys have a season like this under their belt. Healthy stars and hopefully a new addition…

GO HABS GO

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

2. CanadienBoy says:

who give a shit ? Habs in the play off Hello

3. andrewberkshire says:

It’s NJ, I’m not overly excited for the game, even if I think we’ll win. NJ sucks all the fun out of hockey.

4. Seps says:

1.  If youre truly a Habs fan how can you like Lucic

2.  Sergei’s attitude was apparently negatively affecting the team and he is too streaky. You can’t rely on a player that shows up to play only when he feels like it, that’s not a team player.  Even if he puts up 50 points this year I could care less, like good for him but I still wouldn’t want him.

5. joeybarrie says:

My issue is why that soft headed kid couldn’t make it work in a hockey city… It took him to NASHVILLE where the fans at the Grande ol Opry out number the ones at the Hockey game… I wonder if we are seeing a Cheechoo type of season out of him. But good for him for getting things right.

Like I said, the issue was HE (and no one else) couldn’t get it done here.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

6. fbkj says:

same kid that price had to reprimand last spring

his attitude was horrible

question: the people you surround yourself with in your life, is it because of their attitudes or their skill

7. deuce6 says:

Red Light Reimer..Has a ring to it…

—————— Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

8. aemarchand11 says:

Sergei didnt deserve to play here based on his attitude. It’s too bad he decided to grow up when he got to the hockey hotbed in nashville.

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

9. deuce6 says:

Good for him…He was crap when he was playing here…Crappy as a hockey player and as a person…Let him rot in Nashville, for all I care…

—————— Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

10. scrowe21 says:

You’d like Lucic if he played for Montreal. I like the way he plays, big body and uses it, good shot, big hits, good fights.. Obviously not gunna cheer for him when he’s playing against the Habs though.

11. blu3chip says:

First, as you have mentioned, this is Habs Inside/Out, so we can’t care less what you, or any other non-habs fans think. No ‘but c’mon’, we don’t care, period, go troll somewhere else.

Second, Habs and their fans acknowledged the kid’s talent, we were excited about the Kostitsyn brothers, but too bad Sergei showed his immature side again and again, and it was time to cut him loose. He is a locker room cancer, we gave him chances but things didn’t work out, so out he goes. We are happy that he is doing well in Nashville, good for him, but we don’t regret ever letting him go.

That’s life, things don’t always turn out the way you want them to be. Luck and timing often play a huge role in fortunate/unfortunate events.

12. deggy24 says:

In one important way the injuries to Gorges, Markov, and Cammy have helped the team. Now JM has to play guys even if they make a mistake, and the only way they learn to play well, is to not be in fear of making a mistake. So we ran out of bullets and have had to go with some guys whose talent would otherwise been blunted. Truly enjoyable.

(On Sergei K., make no mistake this kid is a pretty decent talent, the rumors of his ‘poisin’ are the rantings of lazy sportswriters who run out of ideas and resort to gossip instead. There is no way any one guy can negatively impact a group of 25. The players iron all that stuff out themselves)

13. scrowe21 says:

Hahaha..ohh my. Some of you guys on here are SO sensitive. My post was trolling? GTFO.

There is a comments section on here for a reason. I was just starting a simple discussion..its not like I even said anything about why he was traded. Im well aware. I was just talking about his stats. WOOPS guess I’m not a Habs fan anymore. I never miss a game, I follow MTL and cheer for them every step of the way.

14. blu3chip says:

I believe there are a few reasons why people tend to underrate the Habs, even after last year’s playoffs run.

1. Habs don’t have any super star, no big names, no top 5 pick prospects. We have good depth but people (who are ‘less bright’) often overlook/ignore that.

2. People tend to not pay a lot of attention to goaltending, and they think we traded the wrong goalie. A lot of people, including a lot of pro-Halak Habs fans and Nordiques fans, predicted (wished) that Price is going to crash and die.

3. Habs aren’t physical, with a number of key players under 6′. So people assume we can’t compete.

4. People refuse to admit Jacques Martin is a great coach.

15. Cool Ice Price says:

I was KIDDING about sending my daughter to her room Saturday. Some members can’t see that it was a joke other than SmartDog.

MR. BOONE or MR. STUBBS Why do you allow Habsoloutly to constanly insult me? I have never insulted any member in HIO. It seems like your Moderators have their favorite members who can say whatever they like.

Habs Passion unites us all

16. Mattyleg says:

SK is welcome to play in Nashvile. He’s not good enough to play on the top six here. It just goes to show how desperate they are for forwards in Nashville.

And that’s a great Canadiens avatar you have there.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

17. Mattyleg says:

You’re off track on both of your points.

First of all, the beginning of the season is when you sit people out and teach them lessons on how to be better players. Injuries or not, you go with your best players come the second part of the season. The only thing that the injuries have done is prevented us from sending Eller to Hamilton. Which is a shame.

Secondly, SK was a serious problem. From his tantrums to his Mafia links. He needed to get out of a city that made him  a big-time Charley, because his head couldn’t handle it. And when he tried to hold the Canadiens hostage by not reporting to Hamilton like he was told… that’s not for the players to iron out. That’s bye-bye time. And we gave him a chance.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

18. scrowe21 says:

And that’s a great Canadiens avatar you have there.”

Umm…I dont know how you haven’t noticed..but Hockey in general, as a sport..is really fun to watch….and..sometimes….you’re allowed to like other players.

:O

19. SeriousFan09 says:

In complete fairness to Sergei, that mafia junk was manufactured grab by yellow journalists in MTL. Both he, Andrei and Hamrlik were cleared of everything. Not that the media apologized to them or anything…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

20. Mattyleg says:

Sure man, whatever.

Maybe you should be posting on the ‘Hockey In General’ forum. Random players from wherever go down great there, I’ve heard.

…but that would undermine your ‘moral superiority’ stance.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

21. scrowe21 says:

You guys are just so stupid and can’t talk about anything without saying TROLL, its frustrating. I’m done on here. But with my last post…You can call me a non Habs fan if you want. I travelled from Nova Scotia by train and went to MTL, took the bus from MTL to Boston to see the game there in November, took the bus back the next day to MTL, went to the Carolina game, stayed there and went to the Flyers game the next week. Went to 2 games last year. Never miss a game on TV. Trust me, Im a MTL fan, and I’ve been one for 15 years. Im just capable of liking other players..you guys should try it, it makes the NHL a bit more enjoyable.

22. SeriousFan09 says:

Sergei being a jerk and uncooperative? Of course that’s true.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

23. Mattyleg says:

Yeah, I guess. I suppose I don’t really know the whole story (if, of course, there IS a story!).

The other stuff is true though!!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

24. fbkj says:

the mafia story was completely unfounded and when it was disproven the media never recanted they just let it slide

25. Mattyleg says:

Not dumber than Gomez’s. Not dumber by a long shot.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

26. blu3chip says:

Stop pretending. We are not retarded; we know what you are trying to do here. I’m just nice enough to give you the attention you were desperately asking for.

I don’t believe for one second that a true Habs fan would think it is Habs’ fault for SK’s departure. Plus you have Kopitar as your avatar. That’s how I determined that you are not a true Habs fan. Everything is logical, no ‘WOOPS’, no one needs to ‘GTFO’, we are grown ups, we argue with common sense, swearing and shouting are for kids.

27. fbkj says:

forgive me if i see it as obvious

you have an LA KING as your avatar

28. scrowe21 says:

Yes. Kopitar is pretty damn good.

I like your stickman.

29. NCRhabsfan says:

NHL refereeing is a joke. Hockey will never be a big time sport like NFL football or MLB baseball until it upgrades its officiating. Right now it is strictly minor league, if that. Fire half the current officials, put the other half on probation, introduce a proper officiating training program, move the replay office out of Toronto (where every replay is based on the “will this decision help or hurt the Maple Laffs” factor – lets be honest, nothing coming out of Toronto has been even close to neutral in the last 200 years) and you may have something. Until then this is the equivilant of AAA baseball on its best day!!!

30. blu3chip says:

So you think you are capable of liking other players and we are not?

A lot of us are still ‘in love’ with Halak. He did a lot of great things for us. We love him so much some of us even swear at the management when he was traded.

SK on the other hand, didn’t show any appreciation when he was with us. I don’t hate him personally (I can’t speak for all the fans), I just don’t really care about him. I know he is talented, but attitude plays a huge role in this league.

And to be honest, I don’t care how much you love Habs, from my point of view, you are not a true Habs fan. I assume you are one of the weird ones who support multiple teams (equally) in the league.

If you don’t want us to think you are trolling, next time word your comment better. Stop doing “…” and try to be smart and imply stuff. Just say it out loud.

31. Seps says:

Very untrue, have you ever played on a hockey team before.  If one guy can raise a whole team’s confidence and attitude, one can certainly diminish it.

32. savethepuck says:

So 2 pts out of 3rd and only 4 pts out of 2nd place, added that because I don’t think anyone’s mentioned 2nd place which is an extra round of home ice advantage if 1, 2, and 3 all advance.Team’s playing great. First SO for Carey since November, picked a good time to get it, when your team only scores 1 ( and the empty netter).  Fun game to watch, I know not a lot of scoring but for me it’s better to see lot’s of scoring chances and great goaltending at both ends.  Biron played very strong as well.  since our losing streak in December, we are one of the hottest teams in hockey again.  another 2 points tomorrow will be equally as important, New Jersey playing really well of late so we can’t take them lightly and we embarassed them a bit last time we played.

3 afternoon games in the NHL today  and the scores were 2-0, 2-0, and 3-0 with all 3 games having an empty netter. Wish I took the grand salami under today.

33. SeriousFan09 says:

RW Brendan Gallagher with a couple of highlight reel plays

36G, 36A this season in 53GP. He has very similar stats in WHL hockey compared to Jordan Eberle. Albeit Gallagher needs to work on his speed, he’s got the scoring gift and when you have that…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

34. habstrinifan says:

He’s got pedigree too. And sandpaper! He will be in NHL for sure.

35. TorontoHabsFan says:

An interesting comparison:

Kessel – 32 pts

Kostitsyn – 29 pts

36. wd40 says:

I dunno, maybe it’s just me, but watching the Leafs lose is almost as much fun as watching the Habs win.  Almost.

37. SeriousFan09 says:

And Kostitsyn doesn’t have the 3rd-worst +/- rating in the NHL at -22 :D

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

38. Chuck says:

Do you think that we could get a couple of 1st-round picks from Toronto for Kostitsyn?  ;)

39. Chuck says:

Bob Cole sounds like he’s in mourning.

40. fbkj says:

man i remember markie as a rook, he wasnt “impact” but he had some serious flashes of what was to come

sans injuries of course

41. habs365 says:

guys this is a good team and if the offence ever catch fire they’re gonna be a great team..excellent game today and carey is the best..BG knew what he was doing…..

42. SeriousFan09 says:

P.K. Subban with 3G, 8A since the New Year, with 5G, 17A on his season over  48GP. He is 1G from matching Markov’s rookie output in the NHL over 63GP.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

43. Ayan_SB says:

It’s hard not to imagine what this team could do with Markov and Gorges.

44. jimmy shaker says:

WOW, how bad are Phaneuf and komisarek and basically the whole D/team.  Thank you Komi for not taking the habs offer……and you got tuned again in that tilt with McKormick.  Is there anything this guy can do well anymore?  I guess he’s good for a quote or two, but on the ice he’s as bad as they come now!

Shaker

45. Chuck says:

Aaaaaaaand… the Leafs still suck.

46. habs365 says:

tomorrow is a new day a new game, we’ll see how it ends

47. habs001 says:

a very solid win…hammer just does not have the skill set anymore to be effective on the pp…hopefully the wiz is back soon. moen and pyatt have to be able to keep the puck in the opposition zone a lot more than today as that line was dominated badly…ak46 had a strong game…eller once he matures may become a top shut down centre with some scoring ability but probably not too many goals as i believe he has only 68 goals in his last 5 years of organized hockey prior to this year…it is hard to become a goal scorer in the nhl if you hardly ever experienced putting the puck in the net prior to the nhl..

48. SeriousFan09 says:

Water is wet, sky is blue and Don Cherry is a raging lunatic.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

49. punkster says:

Oh well, back to the search for a saviour.

***Subbang!!!***

50. HABZ24 says:

from an entertainment stand point wow that game was a total snnnnoooozer. choppy broken plays ,stick checking, few hits fewer goals, no momentum, but two points!! price is playing solid hockey,even gomer pile scored a fricken goal!!  ok pull the plug allready on this lars eller kid, payin him big bux to go public skating is nuts. eller needs lots of goals in the minors to develop confidence again.send him there.we must have some 5 foot one mini wanna be on the farm beggin at a chance to show his worth. write ak46 s  next pay on a rubber chq cause it deserves to bounce hes useless, bench his under performing azz .  like the way patchs has finally developed into a power forward. play smart vs nj

51. scrowe21 says:

Sergei with 2 goals tonight against Detroit…one was shorthanded. 14 on the year…that puts him above Cammy and Andrei.

52. andrewberkshire says:

Can’t wait to see Subban in a couple seasons.

53. joeybarrie says:

23 Points in 62 games with an average of 16 minutes a game… HOWEVER, PK’s 67 penalty minutes and CONSIDERABLY more than Marky’s 18…

LOVE PK, and his style. But he has got to learn to stay out of the box. He leads our team in penalties and ALOT of them are dumb…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

54. habaddict_andy says:

Montreal on the 6th place and 2 points behind Boston for 3rd place.  At this point they don’t look like a team that was predicted to fight for a playoff spot.  Those who thought for sure this team was weak and are not playoff material should be biting their words but yet they are still trying to make this team look bad.

55. punkster says:

I can’t wait to see him tomorrow :)

***Subbang!!!***

56. punkster says:

Yep, that JM. Doesn’t know how to handle young players. He runied PK. Kid would have had, what, one or two additional points already if he hadn’t been benched. That JM is st00pid.

***Subbang!!!***

57. scrowe21 says:

Me, and maybe other fans of hockey in general? I know its Habsinsideout but c’mon.. If you don’t give a shit or have anything to say about it, don’t reply then. MTL drafted him, clearly saw his potential, and now he’s playing good for another team after a crap trade to get rush him outta here.. I find it interesting.

58. fbkj says:

my dad was as old school habs fan as you could get, coached hockey and was overall one zen mofo

never layed a finger on me nor chastised me in such a manner

different strokes

59. SmartDog says:

Not too smart. You’d end up with a holy bucket.

“It bothers me…there are old coaches in the league today that don’t know how to deal with these young personalities.” – Mike Peca on JM handling of PKS

60. SmartDog says:

Ridiculous. I suppose if I defended taxes it would mean I want the government to take everything from everybody and make people poor.

—-

61. deuce6 says:

meh, my Dad would have gave me a swift boot in the arse..But, the times have changed..Kids are less respectful these days for some reason..heh

—————— Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

It’s like shooting fish out of a bucket.

63. SeriousFan09 says:

Game. Set. Match.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

64. citizenSanto says:

Your one to defend punishments when you’ve got that Mike Peca quotation at the bottom of your posts.

—————————————

Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are. — Augustine of Hippo

65. fbkj says:

oh agreed re: kidding

66. SmartDog says:

Gotta have punishments.  Gotta.  Going to your room is a fair one.  Though she can probalby watch the game on her computer and talk to her friends at the same time.

But I think he was kidding…. I doubt he really did that.

—-

67. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Maturity?? This dude has had like half a dozen profiles here. Dean Dalley, the rock, Priceberg, Habs in the Blood, Newfie Dawg, and those are only the ones I remember.  Same guy, comes on here and goes batsh!t crazy over Price all the time.  He had a profile named Dean Dalley, which is his name, got banned and then made another profile, Newfie Dawg, the name in the Newfie Dawg profile Dean Dalley. So it’s not too difficult two put 2 and 2 together with this guy. He obviously isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.  The fact this moron has procreated is disturbing.

68. fbkj says:

nuthin about bein PC, hate the S word as much as the next guy, but when a fully grown man sends his daughter to her room

his FIFTEEN year old daughter

i just wonder about the maturity dynamic goin on in said household is all

Silly me. The expression is shooting fish in a barrel.

Expression referring to something that is easy and unchallenging, often used when describing a hunt or destroying an enemy.

70. JohnBellyful says:

I’m glad he got his February goal so early

71. light_n_tasty says:

Ian, I think you get a little too excited / drink a little too much when we win.  I’ll agree and say that Gomez’ contract isn’t as bad as Chris Drury’s…but that’s as far as I’ll go!

72. M.Neil says:

His name is Gomaze, don’t you watch RDS.

Gomez is worth every penny every game.!

Nice way to instill superstition and fear into a child.

75. Say Ash says:

It’s true, though. I think Luongo has lost two of them this year within the final 10 seconds.

76. SmartDog says:

Don’t listen to the PC posters below.

Good job! Gotta teach respect for the rules.

—–

77. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Not surprising you love Carey Price more than your own child.  You’re a disturbed individual.

78. habstrinifan says:

You almost as harsh as you know who. Seems you not good with young prospects either. Give the kid a break.. let her outta your doghouse.

She’ll make a GREAT FAN one day mark my words.

79. Propwash says:

I had shutout typed, ready to post as soon as the buzzer went off.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

80. fbkj says:

you sent a 15 year old to her ROOM?

81. Cool Ice Price says:

My 15 yr old daughter burst out with 1:48 to go: “Yeah Price gets a shut out” I said “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” I grounded her and sent her to her room. I told her you don’t say the “S” word with under a min. to go in a game. I let her out when the game was over. I hope she learned not to say the “S” word ever again.

Habs Passion unites us all

James, good coaching takes patience and love. Hope you did not sent her to her room my friend.

83. light_n_tasty says:

Since Gomez is paid more than all three of them, it goes almost without saying that I agree with that point also.  My complaint about Gomez has always been that Gainey needed a #1 centre, but got Gomez knowing he was a #2 centre being paid like a superstar.  With respect to Gainey, we already had a perfectly serviceable #2 centre.

Forget the contracts. Gomez is a better asset to have on a team. Today’s game was a great example. I’d pick Gomez over Gaborik any day. That was the big complaint when the Habs took on Gomez’ salary, that Sather was able to land Gaborik. Who friggin’ cares. Gaborik is an awful player. One dimensional and soft.

Gomez is neither.

85. light_n_tasty says:

Agree.  Drury, Gaborik, and Redden all have worse contracts than Gomez.

Gomez > Gaborik

87. jimmy shaker says:

Guys,as much as I want MAB back here too……we’ll have to wait till next year.  Right now as of an hour ago, the bolts called him up from his stint in Norfolk.  He’ll lace em up for the first time this year tomorrow night vs the blues.  And the Wiz has made some defensive miscues lately as well, albeit not as much as MAB, but MAB can put up the same amount of points if not more for a huge chunck of change cheaper than the Wiz costs.

Shaker

He may just get a shot, but he has not played all year and would be a huge defensive liability

I just want to see MAB wearing CH again. It’s my dream. I can’t help it.

TIMO, Timo, you were doing so well my friend. Is Calgary so boring?

More to life than rumors bud.!

OH! maybe you where just responding to the rumor mill Shaker

I say they should give Spatch a night off every 3-4 games. He will be good in playoffs but he needs to be… umm… preserved.

92. Say Ash says:

If Wiz is good to go tomorrow, maybe keep Picard in and give Spacek a rest? That head shot looked pretty rough.

93. SmartDog says:

I don’t like “rosy-eyed” posts but I DO sure don’t mind it when somone tries to share a little optimiism based on the positives of the team.  So thanks!

—-

ROBERT! Thanks to Mr. Bob Gainey’s fore sight and experience.

95. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs have started building up in areas they haven’t enjoyed in a long time.

Carey Price is a workhorse goalie that can keep the team in every game. Max Pacioretty is the first real power forward the Habs have had access to in many years. A defensive core that can survive injury and has promising prospects, two young rookies in P.K. Subban and Yannick Weber both 21 who are growing more comfortable in the NHL each game they play. A farm system that has tangible prospects in all necessary areas.

It will take time for the Canadiens to truly hit elite status but they’re on the right track.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

The bread one .! I love it!

97. Ton says:

Second that. If it wern’t for the personal tradegy Mr Gainey suffered in his life he would have still been GM and a cup winner with  Pric. He will win us a cup in his playing career,  I recall his words so clearly in that press conference. (the “bread” one)

he said

“when I look at him I see a great goalie for years to come………………” thanks Bob from those whom had vision and not those that can see a week ahead of themselves………many of them on this site.

There is a rumor that a trade is in works – Gomer for MAB straight up.

99. fbkj says:

cool you and everlasting be nice to one another its just a game

100. jimmy shaker says:

Man Gomer is such a funny but weird interview. And I would like to announce MAB is back in the NHL, I’ll be watching him and the bolts tare up the blues tomorrow night. GO MAB!

Shaker

101. fbkj says:

but the pressing question is if the who gives a sh[t channel broadcasts in HD

Pffftt. Halak is injured and MAB is in the AHL.

103. 81frank says:

someone should tell the journalist whose hand we see on the left in the Price clip that the microphone on his iPhone is on the other side, must be getting great audio of his shirt sleeve that way.

104. citizenSanto says:

Most definitely having a good time watching the entire team Ian.

Cary was outstanding! Great game winner by Gomez. Great coaching as well.

It’s been a wild ride so far, and i hope the positive vibes will continue well into the post season.

—————————————

105. DavidKB says:

Gomez got a nice goal, and Pleks is superb. I’m definitely enjoying this ride. Speed, skill and good goaltending! Very entertaining!

Well boys and girls, are we having a good time sitting on the edge of our seats this year.? Until the 3rd round of the play offs, be prepared to sit the same way in every game.

Under the direction of one Mr. DRY Emotions Martin, each and every game will be the same.

For the first time in Jacques coaching career, he has an all star goal tender. Under his system it is imperative to have one of the best tenders in the league, for his system to be able to one day bring home the cup.

It is a damn shame that we have lost our two best defenceman for the year, but this allows the kids to be baptised under fire and they are holding up just fine.

Even without our injured, we are far better than last year folks. We are getting great entertainment and we know each and every game we have a shot at the two points. I for one, are having a lot of fun watching every play in the 60 min. because each play could be the difference.

I sure hope the rest of you are having as good a time.! A lot more one goal games coming up, ENJOY!

107. RGM says:

Thanks for the videos guys!

108. JVF says:

Whatever else he is, Gomez is hilarious!