Video: Cammy, Sopel question marks?

Canadiens forward Michael Cammalleri and defenceman Brent Sopel took therapy days, not skating at Brossard practice on a rotten Montreal winter’s day.

Questioned about their status for tomorrow’s game vs. the Boston Bruins, head coach Jacques Martin waffled a little, not coming right out and saying both are fine and would be available. Audio to come on that soon.

Most of the Habs were on the indoor soccer field a few ticks past 10 am, the practice schedule putting all but Cammalleri, Sopel and Mathieu Darche on the Brossard rink.

Renaud Lavoie of RDS reported that Darche, said to be rehabbing a groin injury, was back on the ice for the first time in 20 days, well before the team. Darche wasn’t on the rink by the time we arrived at 10 am, but the blue line was heavily scratched. Whoever had skated wasn’t using the whole rink.

1. mrhabby says:

i feel like being a shit disturber today..all in good fun of course.

2. mrhabby says:

kind of thought so….threw it our there anyway.

3. SeriousFan09 says:

As was indicated, messed up the links a bit

Saint Patrick, Fixed –

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

4. HabFanSince72 says:

As Woody Allen said about L.A. (in comparison toe New York): “I don’t want to move to a city where the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light.”

Actually  you can turn right on red except on the island of Montreal.

5. The Cat says:

Sure we can, thats been changed a while ago.

6. mrhabby says:

sorry you can’t take a right hand turn on a red light in quebec.

7. lavie says:

Sopel as a Hab played 4 games; Habs had 4 games winning streak.

At least, he is a lucky guy.

8. fbkj says:

psssst: saint patrick needs a edit

9. The Cat says:

I was too slow.

10. usversusthem says:

Price deservedly one of the three stars of the week, along with Iginla and Sekera.

11. CBrady12 says:

Sorry to both of you that you have to live in Ontario

12. mrhabby says:

sorry you live in Ottawa.

13. nickster13 says:

I say.. take out chara’s knees! And throw your elbow pad at Campbells son, that would make me happy

14. Shiloh says:

Tons of snow falling here in Thunder Bay – and we’re supposed to get two more days of it. There’s been more snow this year than the last five years combined.

15. Chris1138 says:

I lucked out. I was in TBay last year for school during the unseasonably warm winter and I’m back in Toronto now. Good luck!

— Chris

16. habsfan0 says:

Is it snowing in Montreal? Absolutely gorgeous here in Toronto..not a cloud in the sky!

17. SeriousFan09 says:

The NHL will be doing another year of “History Will be Made” ads for the playoffs this year.

For memory lane

Mr Orr

Super Mario

Saint Patrick

Stevie Y

The Moose

Great One

Canadiens 2010 Run:

Cammy V Penguins

Cammy v Flyers

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

18. Hobie Hansen says:

Nice that you’re enjoying good weather but so sorry you have to live in Toronto!

19. Captain aHab says:

They should dress White and show him video of how Bégin used to get under Chara’s skin and tell White to emulate.

20. Say Ash says:

Hal Gill!

21. matraque says:

I feel bad for everyone living in Ontario.

Canadien en 5! Never go Full Retard

22. SLONCOLD says:

this hit would have been a lot worse if the first point of contact was the head. richards kinda hit his leg first  and then jumped on him.

it’s an open ice hit. i don’t have to much of problem with it. It’s when u target the head; i guess that’s more of the question here and with Richards reputation of playing on the line it wouldn’t surprise me if he had the intention of hurting someone because his team was getting spanked.

But overall i have to say the hit was clean

23. Jordio-oh says:

Yeah the skies are blue in TO this morning. Sunshine coming in through my office window.

I don’t want to start a pissing contest, but I love this city.

Hate the leafs, love the city. Don’t confuse the two.

24. The Cat says:

I agree. Those are dangerous hits very similar to the way Daneyko would guide the victim onto Scott Stevens. The media has to stop calling those good clean hits, theyre very dirty hits.

25. samTHEman says:

And I was planning to go see practice during my break…yeah not happening

26. matraque says:

Of course he had the intention to injure Dubinsky.

It’s the action that should be punished, not the results.

Canadien en 5! Never go Full Retard

Just one month to go, and it is a race for all the marbles now. We are in it this year and we are coming together at the right time of year.

Here is where we fit in the 30 team league with only 1 month to go. Compared to where we were last week.

I am giving the same stats for the 15 team conference as well.

Goals Against–167.  We are in   8th place.  Last week we were in  11th place with 164 Goals Against.

Total Points—- 79.   We are in 10th place.  Last week we were in  12th place with  73 Points.

Goals For——176.   We are in 23rd place.  Last week we were in  25th place with 165 Goals For.

Goals Against–167.  We are in   5th place.

Total points—- 79.   We are in   6th place.

Goals For——176.    We are in 11th place.

28. mrhabby says:

29. mrhabby says:

i use to live in montreal also. 85-87 loved it but not the politics and taxes to name a few. love the history and culture there..great city.

Been to Calgary lots of times..not much culture but the rockies and the great outdoors make up for it.

from halifax orginally..nice little gem..lacks jobs.

toronto.. not overly friendly…but so much  to offer.

30. adam76 says:

Raining in Cole Horbour!

31. wd40 says:

unless you have Ontario plates, I’ve noticed. 😉

32. The Cat says:

I spent like 8 months in Ottawa in a two year span moons ago, it is a great city. I cant say anything bad about Toronto either, well except for the people. I kid I kid. I never understood how Toronto got the rep for being boring.

So how do I click onto your links, Robert.?

34. krob1000 says:

our last call is 2 am,

corner stores…you guys must go broke….

sure they are

was not a fan of Schwartz’s….tried once..won’t go back..and there is one in toronto

35. observer says:

If it wasn’t for thousands of former Canadian-residents now living in Phoenix, Atlanta and Raleigh, N.C., practically no one would even go to NHL games in those cities. The lowest 11 teams in attendence right now for this seaso , all are American-based teams, the bottom 10 of those all averaging less than 15,999 per game. PLUS who knows how much cheaper NHL tickets cost Americans compared to what we are forced to pay in Canada to see a game here?

Help please

OK so we cannot put up links anymore that you can just click on, I get it. But when someone puts up a link, how do I get to click on it now. I could copy and paste, but where.????

37. savethepuck says:

Far from a computor genius, but I open a new window and paste the url in the whichamacallit( where the http: or www goes.

38. Curtis O Habs says:

Beat him with a helmet.

39. savethepuck says:

i use internet explorer. The long one at the top.

40. canadiens26 says:

Basu’s articles are becoming a must read for me

Thanks Dale.

You mean like in my google bar or yahoo bar and click on search.?

42. mrhabby says:

sorry ur income taxes are way higher.

sorry for ur property values are lower (could be wrong)

peeps always come to TO for jobs/careers.

ya got me on schwartz’s/beer.

we have TIFF.

pro baseball , basketball.

TO women are hot..well i married one.

i could go on all day tooooooo.

43. SeriousFan09 says:

Unfortunately they still haven’t restored linking on the site, you have to copy + paste them into the address bar in your web browser after deleting what’s there. (Where it starts http://…)

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

44. notbigbird says:

There should be a  bar at the top of your browser that shows where you are now. For example: Copy and paste any supplied link into that same box. In a new window preferrably so you can also stay here on this site.

45. punkster says:

Wait a minute, wait a minute MH…don’t you mean you married the ONLY one?

46. mrhabby says:

47. punkster says:

Best part about living in Montreal? During a snowstorm when you have spend 30 minutes digging your car out to get it off the street only to find when your reach the trunk, brush the snow off the Nissan logo and realize you drive a Honda. Just did that. Feel like a fool. An exhausted, sweaty, wet fool. Oh well, maybe the Nissan owner is the pretty blond who just moved in down the street.

48. derfab says:

Basu acknowledges that the Bruins out hit the habs last game but then says it doesn’t matter. Pretty close to pandering. Anyone who saw that game knows that our defence caved under physical pressure from Lucic and co. and that, if we are to improve as a club, we need to be tougher. That is why we got Sopel and Mara, me thinks and why they seem to be playing ahead of Weber and Picard.

49. savethepuck says:

Sounds better when he says it. That’s what I was trying to say.

50. punkster says:

No, no…I cleaned and moved mine after the dumbass mistake. What do you think I am, an idiot? 😉

51. savethepuck says:

So are you saying you cleaned off the other car and then came inside to go on this site, instead of cleaning your car after the mistake?

52. habsfan0 says:

Did you know the Province of Quebec is the ONLY provincial or state jurisdiction in North America that doesn’t have a personalized (vanity) plate program? The reason it doesn’t is rather obvious..the powers that be would be terrified that English (Mon Dieu!) would be used on a lot of these plates. Here in Ontario, over 500,000 personalized license plates have been an average cost of $265 that’s $132,500,000 for provincial coffers. If Quebec instituted this program…what do you think..might be able to pave a few roads or hire a few more doctors?

53. punkster says:

54. Topham says:

Sorry was testing the html tags…

Gone it seems.

Lions in Winter:

55. Hobie Hansen says:

I noticed a couple of you guys talking about injuries and hits.

I think the NHL and its players are pretty much going to have to deal with injuries rising year after year unless they really adjust the rules.

The guys are huge, the equipment is made from extremely hard plastic and the game is ridiculously fast. Injuries can’t be avoided.

In the NFL there are guys being carted off the field all game long and I think the NHL isn’t much different. Except we play almost 10x the amount of games.

Years ago our buddy Don Cherry suggested that the NFL an NHL are similar so it’s absolutely crazy that they play a game a week and we sometimes play four.

With the amount of games, the size of the players, the speed of the game and the armor players wear, injuries can’t be avoided and will only increase.

56. rocketsglare says:

Arpon can’t deny that the Habs also need to get bigger, stronger, and physical if they are to go deeper into the playoffs.

57. The Cat says:

I copy it and right click the copied part and I have a ‘go to web address’ and so it opens a new tab with the address on it…Of course Im using Opera, a superior web browser.

58. HabFanSince72 says:

sorry for ur property values are lower (could be wrong)

THey’re certainly not low for anyone trying to buy.

59. HabFanSince72 says:

Posters in Boston …

You mean Neanderthals.

60. Bugs says:

Just chimin in to let everybody know that tomorrow, I plan to link Jennifer Lopez’s “Waiting for Tonight” video on the site, question of gettin us into the spirit of things.

Soooo.., best if y’all get started gettin that song stuck in your head now, knowumsayin?

From all of my sadness,
    The tears that I’ve cried,
    I have spent ALL of my life…

61. G-Man says:

Drag your mouse over the link so all turns blue. Hit the CTRL + c at the same time to copy. Then, click the tab on top of your page, but below the address shown. Once new tab opens, go to the blank address bar and hit CTRL + v to paste it. Then hit enter. Hope this is a simple way for you to do it, Ian.

62. The Cat says:

Isnt that what twitter is for?

63. G-Man says:

Don’t insult the Neanderthals.

64. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

It’s true, I remember Bégin being all over Chara, took him right off his game.

65. SmartDog says:

Just a quick note to say thanks for digging out my car.

66. ed lopaz says:

I was watching Pittsburgh and Boston this weekend.

Saw Michael Rupp – who is a 6’5 230  winger making 850,000

He took care of Thornton on Boston pretty easily.

Matt Carkner – who is 6’4 238 d-man for the Senators is another guy like that. 700,000 #6 d-man

they both play a regular shift and do not hurt their teams

those are the types of players the Habs need to target.

We can’t simply go another summer signing undersized players.

1 forward and 1 d-man.

67. CBrady12 says:

Your bars close at 2…Last call is usually 15-20 minutes before the bar closes

i don’t get the second one

no they aren’t…not even close

Well if you don’t like Schwartz’s then there is something wrong with you…

68. CBrady12 says:

It’s funny that a guy whos avatar is a vanity plate from Ontario that says Montreal on it is raggin on Quebec.

Let me school you on some knowledge. First of all Quebec isnt the ONLY province that doesn’t allow vanity plates. Newfoundland and Labrador don’t either.

Second, I think your reasoning behind it being that they are afraid of people putting english on it is pretty weak. Heres why. Unlike Ontario and many other Canadian provinces, Quebec doesn’t require a liscence plate on the front of your vehicle. Because of this, a person can put whatever they want on the front of their car, whether it be in English, French, Itlaian of Chinese.

Finally, vanity plates are lame. I love Quebec and I’m tired of people who know nothing about Quebec ragging on it with some holier than thou attitude.

69. G-Man says:

C’mon, Bugs, JLo is so 10 years ago…

70. Bugs says: