Update: Sir Paul latest to get Habs’ No. 1

Five minutes and 35 seconds into this clip, another fan is revealed. With thanks to Inside/Out reader Simon Fraser, who sent along the link to this shot from high up in the Bell Centre at the end of Sir Paul McCartney’s Montreal concert this past week.

UPDATE: Former Canadiens defenceman Patrice Brisebois was classified 28th on a starting grid of 28 today in a NASCAR Canadian Tire Series stock-car race in Trois-Rivières. Breezer didn’t complete a lap, according to unofficial results, listed as having engine problems. Unsure whether he’ll will run on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Aug. 27, on the undercard of the NASCAR Nationwide Series NAPA Auto Parts 200.

vJMCtcNMmEA

1. mrhabby says:

Bieksa for Tinordi???

2010 HIO Fan Summit Updates. Raffle Donations. click here to let us all know what you are planning to donate!

Ron has a pair of red seats from the old forum that he is trying to pry away from his father to donate.

Largest Turnout For Our HIO Fan Summit In 4 years

3. JD_ says:

Well, that would have been me, solo. Don’t be afraid to address me directly, I assure you I don’t bite.

On the presumption “Loafs lover” has somethin’ to do with bein’ a Loafs fan – as opposed to some reference to a sordid relationship with several players on the team – I’m afraid you’ve kinda given yourself away with this comment: “the L[o]afs own the Habs”.

Ignorin’ the factual error contained therein, it is common knowledge that all hard-core Loaf fans live, nay, survive on the notion that winnin’ a meaningless season series against the Habs is somethin’ to celebrate. The underlyin’ problem, my good Loafer friend, is that beatin’ the Habs and perpetually missin’ the playoffs, together with a twonie, only buys you a cup of coffee.

Let me put it another way: I know of not one single Hab fan who cares one wit how the team fares against the Loafs durin’ the regular season. In fact, I’d be surprised if even the most knowledgeable of Hab fans tucks the win-loss information away for future reference. It just doesn’t matter. Odd as it may sound, we really, truly don’t care.

So, you’re a Loafs fan, solo. I’d say it’s nothin’ to be ashamed of, but that wouldn’t be wholly honest on my part. In the end, it’s not much to be ashamed of. There are certainly worse things to be than a Loafs fan, although the list is arguably short. Denyin’ your passion for the team is, however, totally reproachable. Stand up for what you believe in, man, that’s the cool thing to do.

Wimpin’ out is so uncool.

As for the Loafs, and as someone has already pointed out, it is almost theoretically impossible for them to get weaker, so how can I argue your point? Having said that, I said the same thing last year and the overpaid douchers actually managed to pull off the almost impossible by gettin’ even worse.

Your Mopey Loafs are on a road to nowhere. Over-extended on D with what I believe is the highest % of cap dedicated to the blue line in the league, includin’ two of the NHL’s most overrated defencemen, one of whom was a staggeringly ill-informed choice for captain – mark that one down – an unproven, unhealthy startin’ goalie with a past-his-prime, overpaid backup, and absolutely nothin’ other than attitudinally-challenged Kessel in the form of firepower. Versteeg? Just another example of Burke bein’ taken out to the woodshed.

Take this to the bank: Your Loafs will not make the playoffs. Not even close. It’ll be obvious by US Thanksgivin’.

Guess there’s always next year.

Ha. Top 3. Hard to choose. I’ll go prog-rock!!!

Yes – Relayer

Genesis – Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here

5. nunacanadien says:

I disagree on the defensemen, we need to replace some of the defense we have, for size and strength.  Gill showed size and strength is what saves you.  Bob Gainey’s defense of having all your defense basically block shots injures them after a while.  If you can’t block shots with small defense, then the logical thing to do is heck, sign real defensemen, big defense.  I don’t know of any Stanley Cup team that didn’t win because of their solid and big defense.  That and the forwards coming back to help out makes up for size, but look at the small forwards we have, watching the Habs trying to climb up Mount Chris Pronger was pathetic, especially with small tykes like Gomez making it look worse.

6. saskhabfan says:

Really? I thought all of the posts were pretty much accurate. When you miss the playoffs year after year,have an empty farm system and can’t lure quality players via free agency it says alot about an organization. Of course the leafs could be  better they can’t go any lower then last in the conference. I’m sure Peter Chiarelli loves what the leafs are doing.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

7. showey47 says:

Don’t get that channel here in sudbury unless i listen to it online. The only one i listen to from montreal is cjad.

8. solomio says:

Hey RJB that was a really good post. Brilliant in fact.

Chorske, that was pretty good.

You other guys…..not so much.

Remember you heard it here first, Can’t wait ’til Oct 7. What you didn;t hear?….. Auld is starting !!! hahahah.

Anyways guys I’m a big habs fan since before most of you were born ( I imagine ) and can’t wait for the new season to start. I like our core group and I like the additions ( well I hope Auld doesn’t disappoint ).

As for cross Canada music if you had a DVD player in the car I would recommend you catch the Joe Bonamassa: Live At Royal Albert Hall.

Tip: Don’t watch while your driving

Cheers Habs fans..

solomio

9. K-hab25 says:

Dimmu Bogir – Enthrone Darkness / Lamb of God – Ashes of the Wake / Satyricon – Nemesis Devina

10. db says:

Thanks guys for your fave albums!  I figured that this is the online community that I feel the most a part of so here goes:

I’ll be leaving Montreal within the next week and will be driving to Jasper, AB.  My friends all bailed on me, go figure.   I’ll most likely be stopping in Timmins, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg, Saskatoon/Regina, Calgary and Banff.

I’m looking for:

A) a place to crash in said stops (or in between, nothings set in stone)

B) someone who wants to hit the road (and split gas)… and talk hockey :p

So Im asking for help.. if you know someone that wants to hit the road very soon or if you have a driveway I can park my van in for the night let me know!  (ledhed222@hotmail.com) Thanks

11. Habsforlife 1959 says:

THIS JUST IN……… Carey Price ends his last day at the age of 22 with rodeo fans around him.

What a great way to end his 22nd birthday with no ties or ropes attached to anything. Carey Price will be 23 years old on 16th of August. An early happy birthday wish and maybe a nice gift will be presented to him during a special annoucement to his birthday party amongst family and friends? I wonder if Josh Gorges will be there in attendence? A year older could be what the doctor ordered in Carey maturing to the role of being #1. Its BG’s jersey number and that in itself could be the difference maker. Believe!!!! Believe!!!

Go Habs Go!!!!! Happy Early Birthday Wishes to Carey Price.

12. nunacanadien says:

Welcome to the Carey Price Daycare, or otherwise now known as the Habs organization.  Who would have thought signing one young hot goalie would cost so much trouble?

13. RGM says:

For all those of you who suggest that Carey Price should have been at the Lapierre golf tournament to get some of that supposedly much-needed positive press, check this out: http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/sports/Habs+goalie+visits+fair/3394418/story.html

“But Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price’s attempt to snare a couple of calves shone a light on the sport.

Price
    learned the ropes, so to speak, on Friday and Saturday, before giving
    the event a go for real on Sunday. He should stick to hockey; he
    recorded two no-time scores as he was unable to snare the calf’s hind
    leg with his lasso. But despite his lack of team-roping talent, Price
    was a hit with locals, according to organizer Helen Larson.

“The
    kids loved it; he posed for lots of pictures . . . and answered all
    the kids’ questions,” said Larson, who had Price sign her own Canadiens
    jersey, bought specially for the rodeo”

Sometimes it’s good to do stuff a little closer to home. :)

—————————————–
    Josh Gorges for Captain!

14. Rugger says:

I prefered the Lennon Beatle songs but post Beatles I would pick:

Maybe I’m Amazed

Another Day

Give Irleland back to the Irish (still have the 45 rpm)

Back Seat of my Car

That would be something

After Wild Life didn’t care for the Wings

15. RGM says:

Or the Lecavalier rumours that spring up every trade deadline. Or the Marleau rumours that existed for two straight summers. Or any other absurd fabrication generated for hits on the site.

—————————————–
    Josh Gorges for Captain!

16. punkster says:

Miles Davis – Someday My Prince Will Come (the soloists are just about as passionate as any you’ll ever hear in any idiom)

Keith Jarrettt Trio – My Foolish Heart (Live at Montreux)

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble – Live Alive

FREE TIMO!

17. Robert L says:

It wasn’t to make a comparison, but atcs like the ones you mention could play hit after hit after hit. The Stones, Zep, the Boss, Floyd could all pull off six hours shows, no prob.

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Or he’s got one of his 14 Assistant GMs doing all the calls for him.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. habsfreak13 says:

looks like you’re the only one that has the same taste in music as me…

20. Robert L says:

Yeah, Back Seat would have made my top 10. Heck, just play the Ram album, lol!

21. nunacanadien says:

The red white and blue mirrors the red white and blue of the Union Jack, so for Sir Paul, its a natural.  Plus the Habs are a classy organization, always have been, probably always will be.  hey didn’t Paul McCartney come to Canada around the time the Habs were winning all their cups?  Of course that is ages ago now.  And with Gauthier steering the ship with Carey Price, we are guaranteed not to win a cup as long as this duo has our future in their hands, for us habs fans who remember what winning really really means, and when the “we are the champions” was the anthem for the Habs.

22. habsfreak13 says:

I’m a metalhead so here goes:

Metallica – Master Of Puppets

Megadeth – Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying?

Rush –  Moving Pictures

I know Rush isn’t metal but Moving Pictures is incredible.

23. Ton says:

these are my hdden gems

wanderlust

beware my love

back seat of my car

wings of a nightingale

goodbye

the list could go on and on mamunia, no words, tug of war, honey pie, to much rain, etc etc.

24. habsfreak13 says:

Is that sarcasm?

25. Ton says:

elton is a good musician, like neil young, billy joel etc but not in the league of mccartney. he’sout there by himself. elton wrote music played the piano, good performer just like billy joel. Mccartney all insstruments, deeper cataque, lyrics and music, rock, classical, pop, rock and roll, jazz, country, vocal diversity like one one else. no disrespect to all artist but this mccartney guy is a genius.

26. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Brian Burke is currently watching the Rogers Cup match right now. Looks like Kaberle is going nowhere and the poor Leafs fans got hyped up for nothing.

After Bobby Ryan, their latest rumour is Kaberle and Hanson for Turris, Upshall and a pick hahahha

27. Robert L says:

I rembember seeing Elton John at the Forum in 1984. He opened with Tiny Dancer and did about a 24 song set. I used to write down every song played in order as my own little momento to remember the shows by. Once home, I looked over the list, and made a second one of what he could have played instead. Looking at both lists, it was hard to decide which concert would have been the best!

28. Robert L says:

He’s had his slumps, for sure, but after the Beatles, Wings in the ’70’s, how does one top that? I suppose after a musician has done it all, he tends to slip into what pleases himself. I noticed that at the Montreal concert, he followed up “Yesterday” in the encores with “Helter Skelter”. I beg, what other artist in our lifetime, could play such polarly diverse hits one after the other? I just laughed when I saw that. Here’s a quick thread idea…you could have Macca and band play any 5 songs in his repertoire at your whim, what would they be?

1 – Helter Skelter

2 – Wild Life

3 – Live and Let Die

4 – Birthday

5 – Monkberry Moon Delight

29. Ton says:

funny how he’s outlived those critics, there all gone! As much as Mccartney as been recognized for his accomplishments over the years he still remains greatly underrated.  there’s mccartney hidden gems that have never been listened  no one comes close when comparing his body of work. he could actually play 4 concerts in a row and still not play some of his number one hits

30. SeriousFan09 says:

This just in: Toronto announces a trade for a Tomas Kaberle Upper Deck card for a Bobby Ryan AHL card.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

31. SeriousFan09 says:

Meh, still beats “Brule and Cogliano to Montreal” stories we put up with for a year.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

32. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

lol Eklund just reported that “Canadiens and Canucks are in deep conversation this hour regarding Kevin Bieksa.”

I guess that means Bieksa will never be a Hab in his career.

33. Chuck says:

In honour of the recently-departed Richie Hayward, may I suggest funkifying an’ syncopatin’ your trip with Little Feat’s Waiting for Columbus.

34. observer says:

Re: “ole’, ole'” – from sadist spectacle of bull torturing and murdering.

— possibly derived from? — And —

35. Mikey_39 says:

That’s awesome man.  I’ve wanted to go across canada for soo long, but every summer something comes up.  How long are you going for? What are some of the places you want to see?  As for the albums, in light of the Canadian Road Trip, I would go with any album by Our Lady Peace.  They’ve been my favorite band since I was 12.

36. Puck Bard says:

Those who say Macca hasn’t produced anything worthwhile in 40 years haven’t been listening.  His last 3 or 4 have been great.

37. db says:

Not even the team 990?!

38. Robert L says:

Not a lot of people follow the McCartney latest recordings as they used to. He has a collaborative due that goes by the name The Firemen, which Killing Joke bassist Youth. Their last disc “Electric Arguments” was mindblowing. Here a clip of “Sing The Changes” which he played in his set in Montreal last week.

39. Chuck says:

Yep… I’m worried about a team that could have Bozak, Kadri and Mitchell as three of their top centres.

40. RJB says:

In honour of this thread dedicated to a member of the greatest band of all time. I will respond to your comment in this fashion solomio

“You’ve got to hide your love away”, we all know your leafs split the season series with our Habs, but I hardly call that owning. “Tell me why” you think that the leafs will be any better against the Habs this year? Certainly not because of the players they added, third and fourth line guys does not a team make.  “I’ve got a feeling” that the leafs will be on “The long and Winding road” to another losing season this year.

“Do you want to know a secret”? “I’m looking through you” we can all see your love for the loafs plain and true. “If I needed someone” to tell me that the leafs will have a winning year, “All I’ve got to do” is go to the leafs website.

But hey, maybe the leafs will be good “When I’m sixty-four!”

41. WestHab says:

Too bad i missed the show thanks for the clip.  I did get to the Jazz fest this year and I thoght i saw Hugh Laurie walking around, you know, House.

42. RGM says:

—————————————–
    Josh Gorges for Captain!

43. ooder says:

yup, pretty much.

——————

88 is the new 23

44. Malreg says:

You mean Boston will draft high, again?

45. K-hab25 says:

Faith is for sheeps, like religious people. I’m an atheist, I have no faith!!

46. Chorske says:

You seem to like a wide range of musical styles- hard rock, rap, latin… I admire that.

TV on the Radio- Dear Science

The Clash- Combat Rock

Steve Hackett- Spectral Mornings

47. deuce6 says:

It’s just too bad they can’t beat anyone else..eh?

48. ooder says:

the thing is if they finish low they will draft high..

oooo wait.. oops

wasn’t that one clever :)

——————

88 is the new 23

49. SeriousFan09 says:

At the Leafs current rate of recruiting Top-6 forwards, they’ll have a full group for 2015, why am I worried? Giguere is having his Michelin Man pads taken away this year and Gustavsson is highly overrated in Leafs-land.

Toss in the fact that Phaneuf is a paper leader and Komiwreck doesn’t have Markov to clean up for him anymore and it’s not an issue.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

50. showey47 says:

I didn’t know splitting their series every year meant they owned us? We should have won the season series this year but halak was brutal in the last game of the season against them. Isn’t our record all time something like 331-288-and something for ties in our favour?

51. Chorske says:

I’ll take this post to one of these banks, thank you very much.

Suivant, next.

52. Mattyleg says:

Meh. The Laffs always play out of their skins against us, but it’s always a good game.

As for them getting stronger… Well they couldn’t get much weaker, could they?!

A smattering of large, non-mobile defensemen, and a smattering of small innefectual forwards.

Improvement? Hmm…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

53. ZepFan2 says:

Oh, solomio…

Is this thing on??

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

54. K-hab25 says:

“Man I’m tired of hearing about Price” Believe it or not, that’s how most of us feel about Halak. People that give our “TEAM” no chance, because they don’t have the messiah any more. Get over it!! Those are last seasons stats!! They have nothing to do with 2007/08. Which, by the way we we’re in 6th place when we traded Huet, then Price went 12-3 and we finished first. I didn’t include Halak, because he’s not under 25 right now, which was my point. Sorry for talking about the Habs goaltender and not the Blues. I see it seriously offended you.

55. showey47 says:

Satellite radio (i have xm). All the different kinds of music you can think of,comedy channels are hilarious and you get every nhl game. I never listen to local radio anymore.

56. _Habsoloutly_ says:

good luck with that.   Leafs suck and nothing has changed.  they will finish near last again and hand Boston another gift wrapped stud prospect.

57. solomio says:

Who said they can’t wait for the first meeting between the Habs and the Leafs?

In case you haven’t noticed the Leafs own the Habs and that won’t change this year either.

Believe me I’m no Leafs lover but they are getting stronger and will not be the doormat this year.

Mark it down. Take it to the bank.

solomio

58. ZepFan2 says:

I’ll just add two, since you’ve already chosen one of mine.

Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon

and

The Stones – Sticky Fingers

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

59. Top Corner says:

-Something NEW : Eminem-Recovery (beginning to really like this entire album….if you liked Chronic 2001…you might as well)

-Something 90’s: Beavis and Butthead Do America Soundtrack ( …its got some gems…)

-Something CANADIAN !!! : Tragically Hip – Road Apples or Up To Here or Live between Us…(gotta have HIP on your Canadian roadie…..most there songs were writtten on the ‘ol TCH )

60. Ton says:

in retrospect to this thread and in honor of the world’s best singer, songwritter,  performer, living legend and a modern day mozart listen to

Abbey Road

Band on the Run

Chaos and creation in the back Yard

61. Hoegarden says:

JJ Cale/E Clapton- The road to Escondido.

Beatles – LOVE

Blues from around the world – Various artists.

Bon Voyage !

62. Hoegarden says:

JJ Cale/E Clapton- The road to Escondido.

Beatles – LOVE

Blues from around the world – Various artists.

Bon Voyage !

63. Jazz Man says:

Here are five I would definitely take with me on a road trip:

Bill Evans – Sunday at the Village Vanguard

Pat Metheny Group – Bright Size Life

Joni Mitchell – Hejira

Steely Dan – Aja

Talk Talk – Laughingstock

64. Aerobiz says:

I’ve traveled across Canada by car when I was younger while selling encylopedias door-to-door (craziest job ever).

Here is what I would suggest:

Appetite for Destruction – Guns ‘n’ Roses (in the morning)

Achtung (sp?) Baby – U2 (in the afternoon)

No More Shall We Part – Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (in Manitoba)

Have a great time!

“The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.”- Randy Pausch

65. petrov14 says:

I’d say:

BIG SUGAR – Hemi vision

TRAGICALLY HIP – Live between us

MATTHEW GOOD BAND – Underdogs

Bonus: Jon Lajoie – You want some of this? (comedy albums kill time fast)

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

66. J.J. of Turku says:

Not an easy one, but here’s a few of my favourites:

The Roling Stones – Exile on main street

AC/DC – Back in Black

Metallica – Master of Puppets

Faith no more – King for a day…

Peeping Tom – Peeping Tom

Rammstein – Reise, Reise

And for a good and easy feeling: Flight of the Conchords – I Told you I was freaky

67. likehoy says:

I would really just suggest all 3 Arcade Fire albums if you have not heard them and power through them, and then again.

Funeral

Neon Bible

The Suburbs

68. Rugger says:

Since you are driving across Canada, here are my top 4 Canadian Albums:

The Band – Rock of Ages

Rare Air – Space Piper

Gordon Lightfoot – Don Quixote

Joni Mitchell – Blue

69. RiverviewCanadien says:

Nobody is talking about Halak!!! You just keep bringing up Price every (franking) day!

ANNOYING!

70. db says:

Completely unrelated to hockey, but following the music theme…. I’m going on a road trip across canada (I know, leaving Montreal just as the season’s getting started, but Canadas beautiful) and I need some new music so:

I’m looking for 3 of your favourite albums. Ive added 3 of mine, of course feel free to toss as many as you wish.

Led Zeppelin – Physical Graffitti

Dr. Dre – Chronic 2001

Bueno Vista Social Club – self titled

71. Bill J says:

No brainer indeed…. Thus why YOU think it’s a good idea.

No brain at all about the game of Hockey.

IE Bieksa is a UFA next summer.

72. madcap_habsfan says:

some habs fan you are

-“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

73. madcap_habsfan says:

it’s great he mingled with kids and such….not such a fan of his rodeoing( can that be said? ) poor calves

74. RiverviewCanadien says:

Enough with the stats (which we have to see every week) and Price talk. Price would NOT have those numbers without the 07-08 team in front of him…remember THAT team…#1 PP, #1 PK, 2nd in GF over ALL NHL teams!!!

Man I am so tired of hearing about Price!!!

Why did you leave Halak out of this…he only turned 25 in May (so his season was played while being under 25)…he should be included.

I will do him the respect and post his numbers here 2.62/.919

75. madcap_habsfan says:

Amazing clip…I’m not a huge fan of Sir Paul, but to stop and think omg he’s a Beatle is pretty awesome. I’ve always wondered what these celebrities do with the jersey once they get home. Do they keep them or store them away, sell them on ebay? lol

76. Dave Stubbs says:

Somehow I don’t think the Dalai Lama wears his Canadiens jersey too often. I don’t believe he had “Lama” as his nameplate across the back, either.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

77. HabFanSince72 says:

The Habs’ losing streak started in ’94. Macca hasn’t done anything good since ’69.

78. DavidKB says:

In other words, the Beatles were greater than the sum of its parts, or something like that. No argument here. Nothing that happened after they broke up has come close, but there has been some pretty good stuff just the same.

No need to bash McCartney. Save it for the Leafs.

79. Jbird says:

A friend of mine  that works  for PyroTech did the McCartney world tour
    in 2006 and testifies that Sir Paul is a quality guy – not just
    legendary and amazing – and even introduced him to Black Sabbath drummer
    Bill Ward.  But enough about me living through my buddy and back to the
    Habs, or my second favorite topic the Leafs sucking,

I  was
    really hoping the Leafs would trade Kaberle for a more truculent player
    or more specifically a less talented and crappier player.   Amazing how
    poorly this has been handled by Burke. Why would you spend a year
    talking about how much you want rid of a player only not to actually get
    rid of him.  It’s too bad for Leaf
    Haters like myself that he is not trading him because Kaberle is their best
    player and can do less truculent things like score and pass.

This is from Bleacher report – and it details the supposed offers for Kabrele.  http://bit.ly/aLt3Hn

Do the Leafs come in Last in the conference again this year?

80. oshawahabsfan says:

Those deals are so ridiculous, is Eklund in there! None of those players would be traded, with the exception of Clowe, that’s remotely possible, but still unlikely. That Stall one made me laugh, Kaberle alone is worth more than Stall, then they throw in another player and picks for him haha, Burke would be stupid enough to do that, here’s hoping he does

81. SeriousFan09 says:

Bleacher Report lets anyone write, it’s a website that just posts the ideas of anyone who registers an account. I could start a Gomez for Getzlaf trade story on it if I wanted to.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

Get Your Hotel Room Booked At Our Deal Price Before they are Gone.!

Click on to blog Summit page For 2010 HIO Fan Summit Updates–My blog

83. Sportfan says:

I love how when the Habs are involved Ole Ole breaks out lmao ! When UFC was in Montreal and a Montrealer was fighting Ole Ole started haha ! I lvoe the chant and hope we never get ride of it even though i know some people think its annoying.

84. sholi2000.com says:

Totally against the chant.  38 here, so I am betting age has something to do with it.  It’s a soccer chant stolen from Europe (am I right?).  Again, it’s a Soccer Chant.

Hockey the most amazing, fastest, and exiting sport in the world.

Then there’s soccer.

So is it an age thing, or are there veteran fans here who like that chant?  Bored on a Sunday.

They Call Me Shane

85. Nina76 says:

Sportfan , I also like the chant I hope they never stop. I shall never forget the night Mauice Richard  sweater was retired I thought the chant was fantastic, I always get goosebumps when I hear it but then I am a 85 year old women & very emontional when it comes to the Habs.I have been a true fan win or lose since I was a teenager.GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!OLE OLE!!!!!!!

86. derfab says:

Awesome. Born in ’62 I sometimes forget how powerful an attachment I have to everything John, Paul, George and Ringo. Thanks for the bootleg. The Beatles are the only team that tops the Habs.

character is derfab destiny.

87. howtathor says:

He had the name ‘Kundun’ which is the Tibetan word meaning presence by which he is addressed.

88. madcap_habsfan says:

no he probably doesn’t

89. Exit716 says:

Wasn’t the Dalai Lama’s jersey #17 in the guise of Laraque the pacifist?

90. Chuck says:

Hey… I thought that the number 1 had been retired.

91. Bill J says:

Al Gore has been presented this jersey as well with his name & #1

I think it is far more ceremonial, I mean what are they going to do otherwise ? lol

92. JD_ says:

“Think of what you’re saying.
    You can get it wrong and still you think that it’s all right.
    Think of what I’m saying,
    We can work it out and get it straight, or say good night.
    We can’t work it out,
    We can’t work it out.”
    – The Ballad of Jaro v. Carey

* The unabashed, unbridled audacity of Paul McCartney to don a jersey adorned with Jacques Plante’s retired #1. Where is the outrage? We’re on the edge of the abyss, my good friends, and the slope is most slippery. Let this one go and, next thing you know, Gomez will be askin’ to wear #9 next season, the same number he wore playin’ pond hockey in Anchorage. Rise up and let your angry voices be heard! Band on the run, indeed!

* Rumour mill has Loafer defenceman Kaberle headin’ to San Jose. Finally, ol’ Tomas can move from a team that can’t make the playoffs to one that can’t win the Cup. Apparently, Dallas, which has grown quite tired of Mike Ribeiro – imagine that – wants to move him to T.O. for Kaberle. Although Burke won’t go for it, the possibilities are awesome. Heck, if I’m Burke, I trade for Ribeiro, bring back Darcy Tucker, move both him and Mikhail Grabovski to Ribeiro’s wing, and have myself the “Hey! You Three! Go F*** Yourselves!” Line.

* Carey Price hasn’t signed. In other news, fam’s off to the movies. I rarely join them as I’m not one who relishes the idea of sittin’ in the den to watch a movie with 300 popcorn-chompin’ people I don’t know.

* You know, Burkie is threatenin’ to keep Kaberle in T.O. if he doesn’t receive a better offer than those currently in front of him. As you know, tellin’ someone they’re goin’ to stay in T.O. is technically a threat. If I’m Tomas, I tell Brian to put it where the sun don’t shine and go back to my previous gig.

* Still on the Loafs, I for one am lookin’ forward to the Oct. 7th season-opener for both them and the Habs at the black hole that is the ACC. If you recall, the Loafs only managed to eke out one win in their first 13 games last season, only three wins after 20 games. The die was pretty much cast at that point. Must be somethin’ bein’ a Loafer (Loafs fan), knowin’ yer season is done before the snow even hits the ground. On the bright side, there’s somethin’ to be said about the certainty it brings, you know, cause you can go about yer business without havin’ to think about where yer precious Loafs are headed, get all yer Christmas shoppin’ done without the distraction of havin’ to read the sports page in the mornin’…*cough*

93. Aerobiz says:

I wen to the cinema during the day last week and the place was almost empty. It was awesome!

No one was talking or looking at their text messages.

God what’s happened to society.

I say let’s drop the bomb now and start from scratch!

94. ooder says:

in a world full of cockroaches? no thanks

——————

88 is the new 23

95. Chuck says:

No one said that you’d have to live in Toronto.

96. Aerobiz says:

Nice.

97. Chuck says:

I’m just north of you in age and I don’t have a problem with it, though it would be cool to have a chant that was solely Canadiens.

I look at the crowd chanting ole in the same way that I look at a band doing a cover song: I don’t mind it as long as it’s done well!

98. deuce6 says:

The Ole chant came from the song Ole by the bouncing souls, if I’m not mistaken..

The song was played during stoppages in play..The fans adapted it as a way to cheer..

99. oshawahabsfan says:

We need to create a chant for the team, like the fans have overseas for their football clubs. Yes Ole is unique to Montreal for hockey, but it’s hardly a unique chant. Even the MLS teams have chants, I think the Habs are due for some

100. Sportfan says:

thank you deuce ! so much ive been trying tp prove that we didnt jack this song from soccer thanks a lot !

101. oshawahabsfan says:

*Staal

102. oshawahabsfan says:

That’s a good trade! haha