Two sleeps, then a HOCKEY GAME!

Counting down to Wednesday night, when the Bruins will be at the Bell Centre.

Winning all that matters – Stubbs

Schultz making his mark – Hickey

• Habsworld rates the prospects

• Bruce Dowbiggin throws down with Damien Cox over the Pat Burns debacle. Cox Tweets several comebacks, eg. “When people with no respect from anyone in the biz like Dowbiggin take cheap shots, it actually makes me feel better about entire episode”

• Arpon Basu’s first piece for NHL.com and his feature on Lars Eller

• François Gagnon on Louis Leblanc and Andreas Engquist

• Marc de Foy on David Desharnais

• Mike Cammalleri #79 with 27 goals? Really? Scott Cullen’s Fantasy projections

And a tribute video to get the week rolling

rVb1gLZdlK8

1. mtlhbsfn says:

Yay – getting my tickets today for Wednesday’s game – sweet seats to boot! Can’t Wait!!

2. Rugger says:

Russell?  Never heard of him before but seems to be doing well in scrimmage.

3. SeriousFan09 says:

I think Leblanc might be around long enough to play a pre-season match along with Lefebvre, but the junior kids and the remaining NCAA guys are getting sent back to their clubs today.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

4. HFX-HabFan says:

First cuts today, any predictions out there as to which longshot might surprise us and stick around a bit longer?

5. Storm Man says:

Maybe that is why you got cut from your football team :)

6. Habziefan09 says:

Ummm… I didn;t say much about Rugby other than I hated the sport.  Rugby is NOT AFL (Aussie Rules Footy).  I do suggest youtubing both sports.  When you see the hits, action and the occasional brawl on the AFL footage, you will understand what I mean when I say it reminds me of hockey.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

7. Storm Man says:

Hmmmmmmm guess you missed the ps part of my post. My cousin plays AFL I don’t need to watch it on youtube he told me what the game is all about and I have watched him play live a few times. The high marking is the part of the game that you have some good hits but that is the only time. Baseball has the occasional brawl also but that does not make the sport tough.

8. Rob says:

are you seriuosly comparing the toughness of a sport where people are equipped essentially from head to toe, with a sport where the players where nothing but a jock strap?  come on.

9. Storm Man says:

Football players hit with a avg of 4807 pounds of force Rugby players 1600 pounds of force. Alot more vicious hits in football and in rugby you only get hit when you have the ball. So as far as toughness goes best you leave your jock strap at home.

ps. my cousin plays down under for the Swans Jude Bolton and when he came to see me play div 1 football in the states he said we have nothing like that on the pitch guys that big running that fast and the vicious hits are unreal.

10. Habziefan09 says:

Hated the sport in High school and still refuse to watch it here.  Aussie Rules Football is amazing though.. Once you get a hang of what the hell is actually going on down on the field.. It’s like Hockey.. CFL/NFL have nothing on these crazy Aussies!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

11. Storm Man says:

Cough Cough……. Aussie rules football is a cute game….. NFL players can hit harder any day of the week.

12. Psycho29 says:

Any sport where you can run out of bounds isn’t a real sport

:-)

13. Habziefan09 says:

BTW, anyone know where I can watch the game online wednesday?  It’s not like I can tune into RDS or NHL Network over here in Melbourne Australia.. Trust me.. this is the ONLY thing that sucks about living over here :D

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

14. SeriousFan09 says:

http://www.atdhe.net usually has all the relevant links to the game.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

15. Habsman1970 says:

This is also a great place to watch them. It’s what I use when traveling so I don’t miss a game.  http://channelsurfing.net/

ONCE A HAB, FOREVER A HAB!!!

16. andrewberkshire says:

The ONLY thing that sucks? Isn’t Australia like the mecca for excessively poisonous and aggressive spiders, snakes and sea creatures? That’s gotta suck just a little.

17. Rugger says:

Yes, but you get to watch Rugby on TV,  I am usually reduced to watching online in an unknown language.

18. Bugs says:

Yeah, but you got Radha Mitchell. What an absolute hottie.

And tough as nails, judging by her ability to survive a 5-metre-long croc attack.

Which was friggin a-maze-ing, by the way!

Aussies rule, man.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

19. Habziefan09 says:

The Bruce Dowbiggin/Damien Cox issue I think is getting out of hand.  Don’t get me wrong I like other people’s drama like anyone else.. but when is enough?  As both are professionals in media, they are subject to public scrutiny like anyone else who is puts themselves out there.  Yes, the events in question were failiures in basic reporting.  However why should one person’s mistake become someone else’s national column?

For anyone to chose this unfortunate error as a piece to write about shows a lack of ethics that makes the error in question look like a non issue.

Personal feelings aside, Damien made a mistake.  He is human.  Though for him to carry on on twitter this morning like he did is nothing more than fuel on the fire magnifying his error.

They both need to get out of the sandbox and go into timeout cause they are BOTH guilty of not playing fairly.

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

20. pic1983 says:

If Damien Cox wasnt the piece of work that he is (and use your imagination for what I really mean by “piece of work”), than I might be inclined to agree with you.

21. Exit716 says:

Geoff Molson attended St. Lawrence University. He never made the varsity team, though. He had a two game stint with the Brockville Braves Jr. A team and spent the majority of the 1988-89 season with the Jr. B Brockville Tikis.

22. RGM says:

This is a quote that would have a big red “awk” beside it on a term paper:

“We scored big goals when it was time to score big goals, and we know that Carey Price will do the same thing for us this year.” Maxim Lapierre

C’mon Max, isn’t it enough to ask Carey to just make the big saves instead of having to score the big goals too? Not pointing the finger at Arpon for that, he’s just writing what Lapierre said. But it’s my Monday morning chuckle.

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Price has an 85-MPH slapper, it’s time he stopped slacking off and used that thing :p

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

24. Mike Boone says:

Not fair. Arpon spoke to Max in French, and the sentence structure was a victim of translation.

25. Rugger says:

Cullen also has Pleks dropping all the way to 59 points, Gianta 53.

26. madcap_habsfan says:

Can’t wait for Wednesday night, it is the night i have been waiting for all summer, GO HABS GO…even if it is only the preseason :) I’m jazzed beyond belief.

-“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

27. RGM says:

I’ve heard that he’s got a pretty good shot. If only Carbo were still coach…he’d occasionally move Carey up to 4th line forward and maybe 2nd unit on the power play.

28. Habziefan09 says:

Thanks Mate :D

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

29. HabFanSince72 says:

Watch out for spyware.

30. SeriousFan09 says:

Dowbiggin’s the hack who thinks bloggers granted access to the press box need to post a 10,000$ bond. Really, it’s a war of the hacks.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

31. Habziefan09 says:

I do agree with what you mean.  I could not stand living on the same continent as he does..  Though.. for Bruce to use this as an opportunity to hang him nationally makes me sick to my stomach, no matter what I think of Cox.  Then for Cox to tweet about it like a mad hatter instead of ignoring him like Boone and Hickey do with us (LOL!).  He made a mistake… He apologized.. He should have left it alone.. no matter what was said about him.  Eye for an Eye is so school yard.

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

32. RGM says:

It’s a good way to prevent a fellatio festival.

33. pic1983 says:

Im not sayin dowbiggin’s any better, I’m just saying I have no sympathy for Damien Cox.

34. Habziefan09 says:

thanks Mate, Love the avatar :D

_________________________________________________________________________

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

35. JF says:

I can hardly wait for Wednesday.  I’ve been literally counting the days all summer, now I’m down to counting the hours – 58 as of ten minutes ago.

I’m really excited about the team.  I love what I’m hearing about our prospects, especially Eller and Schultz (I’m not counting P.K. as a prospect).  In recent years, there has been a lot of concern about our lack of size, lack of toughness, lack of depth.  Now it seems that all those issues are being addressed and that we’re beginning to see results.

From what I’ve heard, Maxim Lapierre is the biggest surprise of training camp.  He seems to have added a real edge to his game and a whole lot of determination.  Long may it last!

And I’m glad fans are showing support for Carey Price; it should boost his confidence, and he’s going to need as much of that as he can find.  The team is behind him; fans, regardless of how many felt about the Halak trade, need to be also.

Does anyone know which pre-season games RDS if showing?  I can’t imagine them not showing the opener, but what’s happening after that?

36. SeriousFan09 says:

Starts this Wednesday for the Bruins, than 27th for the Panthers, 30th for the Sabres and Oct. 2nd for the Islanders.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

37. Habziefan09 says:

LMAO.. That it is.. but to me, that is not a “Suck-point”..

__________________________________________________________________________

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

38. andrewberkshire says:

Yeah I guess it’s more of a badass point.

39. RGM says:

That would do it. It’s still much better than 3/4 of what I see when I pop a La Presse or RDS article into Google Translate – some truly atricious sentences come out of that.

40. rocketsglare says:

Cullen seems to think very little of our Habs and is expecting this team to struggle based on

his predictions of a down year for our boys. Let him think what he wants. I believe that this

team has the heart and fire to succeed beyond any pundits predictions,  including Cullen’s

own ridiculous numbers.