Top 10 Hottest Habs

Lists, lists and more lists.

Pre-season predictions, fantasy picks, all-time this, Top 10 that …

Let’s cut to the chase.

Hunkalicious Habs.

Promising out source anonymity, Habs Inside/Out askedsomeone of the x-chromosome persuasion to pick the Canadiens who float her boat.

We asked her to provide capsule descriptions of each choice, along with the player’s best sartorial options and an ideal assignation.

Lest you think Habs I/O has gone tabloid trash or gratuitously prurient, not we’re not alone in featuring sex on skates.

The latest edition of La Semaine, a glossy Quebec magazine, features 12 pages on Alex Kovalev. He’s bare-chested on the cover and wearing a wet tee-shirt – we’re not making this up; see photo – in the giant centrefold.

Is Kovy our girl’s numero uno?

Read on.

1. Mike Komisarek: "Tall, blonde, boyish smile and oodles of charm. What more could you ask for?

Age: 26

Marital status: Single

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Would look good in: "No one waers jeans and a tee-shirt like Komo."

Dream date: "Drinks in a dark corner of a bar, followed by a midnight walk on Mount Royal.

2. Alex Kovalev: "Sexy, sexy, sexy. Add a suit and he’s pretty much James Bond."

Age: 35

Marital status: Married, with children

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Would look good in: "Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, whatever"

Dream date: "Flying lessons and a picnic wherever it’s safe to land"

3. Christopher Higgins: "Smart, funny and gorgeous"

Age: 25

Marital status: Single

Hair: Light brown

Eyes: Dark brown

Would look good in: "As little as possible"

Dream date: "I’d like to oput that Ivy League education (Yale) to the test, so maybe the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, then go the other way and hit a bolwing alley for some beers and serious competition"

4. Guy Carbonneau: "Had to give Coach the number four spot because nothing is hotter than a confident man and Carbo exudes confidence"

Age: 48

Marital status: Married, grandfather

Hair: Salt ‘n’ pepper

Eyes: Gray

Would look good in: "Evening wear"

Dream date: "Cooking dinner together, with great music and superb wine"

5. Bob Gainey: "Cool as a cucumber, style out the yin-yangand irresistible charisma"

Age: 55

Marital status: Widower, adult children

Hair: Light brown

Eyes: Gray-green

Would look good in: "Exactly what he wears: button-down shirts, vests, newsboy cap"

Dream date: "Dinner and a movie – classic, just like Gainey"

6. Carey Price: "Tall, strong and morphing from goofy to handsome"

Age: 21

Marital status: Single

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Would look good in: "Full-on cowboy gear: Distressedjeans, plaid shirt, Stetson … possibly chaps"

Dream date: "Any bar with a mechanical bull"

7. Sergei Kostitsyn: "Yes, he is young .. but So. Damn. Cute."

Age: 21

Marital status: Single

Hair: Light brown

Eyes: Blue

Would look good in: "Dark jeans, tee-shirt, super-soft brown leather biker jacket"

Dream date: "Hit the clubs and see if those moves translate to the dance floor."

8. Francis Bouillon: "Like his play, Frankie’s hotness is underrated. Dark Skin, dark hair, dark eyes … Love it, love it, love it"

Age: 33 next week

Marital Status: Married, children

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Would look good in: "Pyjama bottoms"

Dream date: "Night skiing, followed by hot tub and drinks in front of a roaring fire"

9. Steve Bégin: "Icy blue eyes, heart the size of Texas … ’nuff said"

Age: 30

Marital status: Married, children

Hair: Nope

Eyes: Blue

Would look good in: "Another tee-shirt and jeans stud muffin"

Dream date: "A weekend in Quebec City during Carnival"

10. Patrice Brisebois: "Has that tall, handsome Frenchman thing going on … reminds me of Vincent Cassel"

Age: 37

Marital status: Married, children

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Would look good in: "Rivals Kovy for high-fashion potential … I’d go with a skinny suit"

Dream Date: "Cirque du Soleil, then dinner in the Old Port"

1. princess-of-hockey says:

Carey Priice is soo number one! But I love Komi alot too!:D

2. princess-of-hockey says:

Thank you! I think that too!;P

3. Harani says:

Price at 6? What! He is the embodiment of gorgeousness!

4. S.J. says:

I second that! The hockey’s the thing but it’s nice when it comes in an attractive package! And come on – can you guys actually say you watch women’s beach volleyball for the sport?

5. Thomas Le Fan says:

Nothing at all but this is the equivalent of enjoying music because those Jonas Brothers sure are hot. If that’s anyone’s idea of hockey, the apocalypse cannot be far off.

6. the_larry says:

Boone, you picked this list didn’t you? Don’t lie.. :P

7. Skotbot says:

Lanny Mcdonalds moustache.

( i know he was not a hab )

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

8. Skotbot says:

Is there something wrong with woman enjoying hockey?

Maybe it cuts in on the “guy-time” some males might cherish… but I enjoy having a drink and chatting hockey with women.

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

9. magda says:

the hottest Hab is Kirk Muller!!!

10. HabsGirl3823 says:

I’m with Woah_Dana on this one. The eye candy is definitely a bonus. I watch the sport because it’s amazing… not for the handsomeness.

11. Woah_Dana says:

While there definitely are a lot of women out there who only enjoy sports for the hunky guys (& hey, it annoys me more than it could ever annoy you) please don’t paint us all that colour!

The cuties on the team are just a bonus for me.

GO HABS!

12. ths says:

Ok Who makes the Unhot List ?

13. Thomas Le Fan says:

Ohmygawd! Women and hockey? Is this where it leads? Soap opera statistics and this People Magazine type nonsense? The only hot Habs we should be concerned about are the ones in the scoring race that begins Friday in Buffalo. Me? I like the way hockey players looks in April, when eyes are hanging out and they have stitches on their stitches!

14. Skotbot says:

The rich & famous change wardrobe 2-3 times a day..

for some of us evening wear is what we put on this morning. :P

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

15. Skotbot says:

Speaking of sexy players, did anyone ever find that mullet Jagr sportted back in his Pens years hot?

just a question..

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

16. sailor2963 says:

Where is Max (Lapierre)? My daughter and my girlfriend think he is #1.

17. Thomas Le Fan says:

I guess I do with my party pooper comment but then again perhaps I can tune in to The View for actual hockey discussion.

18. HAB-a-dabba says:

Yes, ma’am! You are in the minority in NHL-fandom, based on all the “Puck-bunny” garbage that seems to litter the net…

Props to ya! Dana

“The drive for 25 won’t be a cake walk, but the team is up to the challenge.
    Let’s GO-HABS-GO!!!”

19. travelsized says:

No way, Carey Price should be number ONE.

20. spirit of the Habs says:

Wheres Saku ? youd think the ladies would be into him

Canadas Team, Gods Team You name it The Habs are it

21. Habs fan in SF says:

i’m not gay (i’m ripping off seinfeld when i say “not that there’s anything wrong with it) but do the ladies get all flustered when they see Viggo Mortensen? all i gotta say is this guy exudes class and he’s not hollywood bigheaded and he’s working class and very political and he’s a HABS fan who wears HABS t-shirts, and anything at the TORONTO movie festivals and sarcastically acts like he “shouldn’t” be wearing that there … knowing the rivalry and you CAN see it in his eyes that he hates the leafs and that’s why he wears it at the toronto film festival. i love this guy. can we get him to drop the puck at center ice this season?? somebody make this happen?

22. Moey says:

On the physical scale I have to go with Komi, but the dream date Carbo wins hands down.

23. GHG33 says:

Exactly what is “Evening wear” ?

Drive For 25 Is Alive!

24. V. says:

Same opinion here. I love hockey for hockey.

But wait, where is MAX LAPIERRE??? He really should be on this list. He is such a hottie. Just look at a pic of him on here, he is standing with Mike Komisarek and Brisebois at the Grand Prix. So hot :) all of them actually, even Brisebois looks handsome in that pic. He’s even hotter in real life.

25. Mike Boone says:

My hand to God I did not.

26. Woah_Dana says:

Puck bunny garbage, you hit the nail on the head!
    My biggest fear is meeting a Hab & them just brushing me off thinking I am exactly that. I don’t want to sleep with them, I just want to shake their hand & if in the right place, buy them a beer! lol

GO HABS!

27. Gary320 says:

I wonder how Gainey gets top 5?…

28. Mike Boone says:

Back in the day, Sam Pollock was Top 3 … behind Jean Béliveau, but way ahead of Jim Roberts.

29. Will Longlade says:

Can’t believe Booner didn’t crack the top 10:

10. Mike Boone: Short, stocky, balding, bespectacled blogger with wry sense of humour, wit to spare and immense following.

Age: Unknown

Marital Status: Married

Hair: White

Eyes: Blue

Would Look Good In: A beer ad.

Dream Date: I’ll let someone else complete the profile, it’s getting late.

30. MikeL says:

Thank god the games start tomorrow….

31. HabsGirl3823 says:

Hahaha. I’ve never posted here on Habs I/O before, but with this one I just couldn’t resist. Catering to the female reader, I see ;)

My list would be different than this one, but I do agree with your anonymous female on a few. Carey Price would be #1 on my list :P

32. ice_queen says:

and, on another note, I too enjoyed this post. I’d agree with most of the Top 10.

33. Moey says:

Just saw the tribute to Luc Bourdon, well done by the Canucks. Don’t know how well they’ll play tonight, I needed a tissue myself along with Luongo.

34. ice_queen says:

Oh my goodness, the montage, the song … a very nice tribute. I won’t lie – I cried. What can I say, I’m a sappy girl…

35. Phil_T says:

I just got home from school, watching the ‘nucks-flames on CBC…GOD I missed hockey!

LOL @ this topic, very interesting choices :)

36. Steiner says:

Sergei Kostitsyn would be my number one, with Kovy right behind him (only falling behind due to the ring on his finger.)
    I saw the guys all this week at the Verdun Arena – I work for the Montreal Juniors and one of our offices are there… and its our arena.
    I’ll be sure to pass on the list next week when I see them… post it on their locker room door.

37. Naila Jinnah says:

ROFL! Oh, you have to wait in the wings and spy on them. I want to know how they react! lol

38. thehuds says:

Way too much thought put into this.

39. Chorske says:

Breeze DOES look like Vincent Cassel! I pointed that out last year.

My girl JMac only has eyes for Carbo, although she did goggle a bit at the magazine cover with a shirtless Kovy.

40. HabsProf says:

A question that immediately reveals me to be a middle-aged fart of the male sex, but who the hell is Vincent Cassel?

_____________________________________
    “Deserves” got nothin’ to do with it.

41. Mike Boone says:

11. Mike Boone: Medium height, stocky, comb-over bespectacled blogger with wry sense of humour and immense ass.
    Age: 60
    Marital status: Divorced
    Hair: White
    Eyes: Blue
    Would look good in: A hallucination.
    Dream Date: Laptop dancing

42. Skotbot says:

Obviously the dream date with Boone would be a Habs game in a shady bar, with too many scotch on the rocks.

Maybe some Karaoke in China Town after, with Boone wearing his tie around his head.

Good times!

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

43. Skotbot says:

“Would look good in: A hallucination.”

Hilarious

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

44. Dieuf says:

Can’t believe they’d leave out Gorgeous Gorges. Shame….

45. Lacky says:

Jimmy Roberts would head the list of candidates on the “unhot” list with careful consideration given to Claude Provost

Trackbacks for this post