Today’s news roundup

Here’s a look at some of the Canadiens news.

Goaltending still the big question mark: NESN

Gazette sports editor Stu Cowan chats with Mario Tremblay

Desjardins trade by Habs makes sense, Mathias Brunet says in La Presse

Juniors’ Vincent compares Habs prospect Leblanc to Mike Richards

1. Storm Man says:

The breakdown would be 2 pre-season games ( it is 4 right now) and a 18 game season. Still playing 20 games but 2 would now count for something.

2. deuce6 says:

Says Plex’ numbers will falter slightly, but he will have 2 wingers that will score 30 and 25 goals each..I think that that is being a little counter productive and a flaw in this analysis…

3. newbrunswick troy says:

Well it looks like the team is all in place:::  In my opinion the habs look as good as any other team in the east …  no great super star but good depth in skill dept. Now that said how far they go i am sure will depend on just 3 simple things:::    1)  as NESN said Price having a true ( top 10 goalie year ) .920 save% or better

2) All the skill players need to stay heathy (may be hard to do at an avg 5ft-8

3) We need an  ( X ) factor like Ben Pouliot breaking out and getting 75 + pnts

those are my thoughts , tell me if i,m in left field or not????

4. SeriousFan09 says:

I think Koivu and the organization parted ways because it was time to change the team and Koivu was not confident he could see the team through it’s rebuild and development of a new generation of prospects. Koivu, while he is an embodiment of the kind of attitude that got the team through the 2010 playoffs, had played here for close to 15 years, expending his prime years lifting a team that couldn’t cut it. I would guess Koivu and Gainey talked off the record, they tended to have a similar approach to the game in terms of attitude and work ethic and I suspect they got along well enough. Gainey asked Koivu how he felt about taking another swing with the rebuild and Koivu said while he probably can play for 1, 2 years as he is now, he didn’t think he could for 3-5 with certainty as the team was reloaded and Gainey decided he needed to go younger, more durable with his future lineup. Just a guess, but that could have been what happened. Koivu at 34 had injuries piled up, possibly the most demanding tenure as a Habs captain in team history, expectation to bring a club to victory that had little hope of doing so while dealing with a hostile press and at times, a very disruptive locker room. He might have told Gainey he did not feel he could continue in his role as he had in years past for longer than a couple of years and guarantee it.

It’s only my guess, but I think the situation was something like that.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

5. Bill J says:

Brad, RE: us not knowing what the plan is ?

Quite honestly, teams that keep their plans secret tend to have more success at getting their plans put into place.

Do you think Burke is doing a great job in Toronto for example ?  Telling the world what his plan is ?

As a fan – Hell YEAH I would love to know the plan, but IF fans knew the plan.

It would mean OTHER GM’s would also know the plan, and would we not have to pay more to achieve the plan ?

If the plan is to trade Price for example, would it not be better to keep that quiet.  Allow other teams to make their offers, likely better value then the Habs would receive if say PG announced “Price is available for a trade”

As far as signing players, classy players do not say anything about negotiations.  Classy Management also follow that rule-of-thumb.

Disgruntled or classless players, speak publicly about things.

No matter WHAT the talent level of the player, or the GM… I prefer the classy side of things.

It is a fans right to “judge” Habs Management, however.  I think it is unfair to judge them, when we as fans have NOT seen failures from their decisions.

These same people DID after all find a way to build a ECF team.  I think they deserve our patience to see how this next season plays out…

6. LA Loyalist says:

that’s very funny. In fact, I think it’s an opportunity – there are film critics, ballet critics, art critics…  go for it!

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

7. SeriousFan09 says:

So would a 90-game NHL season but I doubt the PA is up for that in the NHL either. Players sooner or later have to choose how much of the year they want to spend playing the game and I wouldn’t blame the NFL players to keep it as it is now.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. LA Loyalist says:

thank you for an interesting argument. two follow ups, if I may:

1. Why was Koivu not coming back this year anyway? Was he worn out from being on a crap team and not seeing any progress or commitment to winning?

Or was the message sent that he wasn’t wanted? I sincerely don’t know, I’m not trying to be a smart ass.

2. Your point is excellent that we paid draft picks for moore,tanguay,schneider and lang and then dumped them. Lang was our freakin’ leading scorer when he got hurt. How is that his fault? God knows we could have used Schneider last year when Markov went down, even a bit past his “best before” date he is a smart player and would have been far better than one dimensional MAB. With respect to Moore you and I are on the same page there. We could have kept him and prospects. You and I would have found a way.

I wonder if that is what makes me feel like Habs management is always just knee-jerk reacting and not following a plan (and yeah 300 posters here will happily tell me there is a wonderful plan but it’s a secret and only Carey Price has a copy).

I made the point the other day when Owen Nolan’s name came up. If we all knew what this wonderful plan was it would be clear to everyone whether or not player X, Nolan, for example, might be a fit. The amount of debate any possible name mentioned on this site generates proves to me that the structural model for this team isn’t clear at all.

Maybe because we are just the poor slobs that pay the bills we’re not entitled. thank you for playing. Pls answer about Koivu. I don’t understand that.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

9. RGM says:

Longer season would translate into bigger contracts, wouldn’t it?

Josh Gorges for Captain!

10. RGM says:

UFA eligibility hits at age 27. Price will turn 27 on 8/16/2014, so I’m a little fuzzy as to whether he would have to wait until 7/1/2015 to have UFA status or whether he’d get it on 7/1/2014. Fortunately the 7 years in the NHL benchmark comes into play, as he’d have wrapped up his 7th NHL season after 2013-14 ended. So, July 1, 2014. Hopefully it will not be a dark day…

Josh Gorges for Captain!

11. Storm Man says:

ESPN just emiled me. HIO Unlimited league is now full. That is 2 HIO league’s with 20 teams in each that are ready for the season now. I want to thank all that joined and look forward to the live draft’s.

12. _Habsoloutly_ says:

just got the last spot.

13. showey47 says:

All because you don’t know what the plan is for the team,it doesn’t mean we don’t have one. Sure,trading halak was tough but it was eithr him or pleky walks and there was zero guarantee he wanted to be here and would have signed for the same money. My personal opinion on the trade was that we should at least swapped 1st rounders with them moving us up from 27th to 14th or something. Before this past summers draft central scouting had eller the 2nd best prospect not playing in the nhl next to eberle, at that point subban was 3rd i believe. I think thats pretty good company. There is also no guarantee halak will have a strong season with a 60 plus workload either. Especially since a real weakness of halak’s game was exposed in the flyers series. If you look back in history,the failures outweigh the successes. In other words,there are more theodores,huets and thomas’ then there are ryan millers.

Every team has question marks, look at the goaltending situations for just about any of them. Every team has questions in every position it just never gets talked about here because this is a habs site and is mainly about the habs not about other teams. I don’t think there a “ton” of unknowns. There are obviously some like ak,pouliot,if markov is going to miss any time and if he is how much and of course the goaltending situtation. Honestly i’m more concerned ak,pouliot and markov then about goaltending. Despite how his haters say he sucks,his personal stats like save percentage still ranks him in some good company. His win/loss record is more of a reflection of how little we scored goals for him not of his personal play.

Koivu was not coming back this year regardless, and for the first time since probably the first couple of years in his career. He is playing the role he should have been playing all along,as second line center. I do miss moore though and feel not bringing him back was a mistake. I don’t like the way we traded away high picks for guys like moore,tanguay,schneider and lang only to get one year or less of service. This is probably my biggest beef with habs management.  But at the same time we are far from the only team that does this. Sure we have let quite a few ufa’s walkaway for nothing like kovy,komi and koivu but its not like we’ve been in a selling position at the trade deadline like the islanders,florida and the leafs are virtually every season. Its easy to stack up draft picks when you never make the playoffs and are dealing away players every year. I agree there is some questions this year,but i don’t think its not the over dramatic doom and gloom that is perceived here on a daily basis.

14. Bugs says:

Again, I say: ridiculous.

“Oh, no, coach, don’t put me on the ice against Gretzky, Semenko is there and I’m scared. I know I’m being paid to a job in the NHL but nobody ever mentioned Semenko would be there and now, I’m too scared to hit Gretzky because Semenko might come get me. Please don’t put me out there, coach, please.”

Yeah, right.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory:

15. punkster says:

I’m of the “catch me if you can” mindset when it comes to court ordered injunctions. The fake beard and moustache ploy usually works well in crowds. You’re backing me up, of course?

16. GrimJim says:

I’m pretty sure he has four more seasons (including 2010=11) before reaching UFA status

17. Storm Man says:

The point is Tony. The hockey Finals will not be on the sameday as the Superbowl.

18. Captain a_HAB says:

Hi y’all

Sorry, this is off topic, but I am looking for the member here that had the avatar picture of a tattoo that says “I bleed bleu, blanc, et, rouge”. Does anyone here know who that is, are they still a member, or where I can find that pic?

Thanks a bunch.

19. observer says:

The point is – firstly it is in 2014 and both leagues would be past the labor problems that each league will have in the next 2 years – the point is olympic hockey got great tv ratings in the usa for the olympics but if there is the competition of the super bowl for part of the time including super bowl day – those ratings will surely plummet. btw – the 2014 super bowl is being held at the meadowlands – the first time ever it will be held in nyc metro area the capital of the us media.

20. LA Loyalist says:

certainly Gretzy was unique as a talent. BUT he always had bodyguards (Semenko, Sorley) and was a bit hypocritical in decrying rougn play in a game where he had his own personal thugs.

that’s all.

I also still bitterly resent his announcing his “retirement” the day after Habs beat the Kings for the cup in 93 and pushing habs off the front pager of the paper. What a sore loser. He could have waited a week.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

21. LA Loyalist says:

“we have very competent management that are dealing from a position of strength”

huh? with all respect due to an obviously dedicated fan and good poster, I am stunned at that statement.

At best, and I’m trying to be fair, we have a team that is a work in progress with an unclear plan (if any) we have a new manager who let two excellent assets, especially Halak go for unknown assets that may or may not work out.

The supposed tent-pole of our team on whom we are pretty much betting the farm (that would be rodeo boy) is unsigned, which I agree in August is not a big deal but we have no plan “B” if a horse steps on his foot (i know horses, even if he is doing low risk events and is competent it happens) – or if he chokes again. Alex Auld? Please.

At most I can say that we HOPE all these moves work out, but there are no knowns here. Will Price grow up and fulfill his potential (which I don’t argue with). Will Eller be what we hope? Will Pouliot be what we hope? Will either of them be willing to go to the net on a consistent basis and take a beating to score?

Will Markov come back quickly and fully recovered?

There are a TON of unknown factors at work here, which is normal in sports and I can live with it. Good management tries to minimize the variables. But to state that these are all known facts that Price will be great, Eller and Pouliot will be great, everything will be sunshine, lollipops and poutine I think is crazy.

If we still had Saku instead of Nomez, Halak instead of Price, Moore instead of… my point is not to bag on any individual (well, it often is but not right now), but to evaluate what is known based on past performance and what is unknown.

We have a lot of unknown ahead of us, guys, that’s all. In 20 games we’ll have a better idea certainly, but I wouldn’t be planning the parade just yet.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

22. Bugs says:

Ridiculous. So what if Semenko was about?

Is it your implication that players were “afraid” to hit Gretzky for fear of running into Semenko or McSorley or whatever?

Coaches would tap these guys on the shoulder and say “aim for Gretzky” and these guys would reply “Nooo, I don’t wanna go out there; Semenko is there and I’m scaa-aared. But please, by all means, keep paying me my money.”? Something like that? Really?

Because I highly doubt it.

Gretzky was spaghetti; you couldn’t hit him. If he didn’t see you comin in the reflection of the glass and avoid altogether, he’d roll with the blow when checked. Semenko had nothing to do with that.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

23. Dennis says:

Maybe Jacques Martin likes a team that fights – like this –

24. skoalbandit says:

what year is price eligible for urestricted free agency?

25. Storm Man says:

If the players strike( I dont think it will happen) it will be for the 2012 season and no way it goes 2 years.

26. derfab says:

I think so. Most decent prospects go pro after 2 years like that.

character is derfab destiny.

27. JD_ says:

PK, you still good to go what with the restrainin’ order ‘n’ all?

28. derfab says:

Granted, good point about avoiding injury. Though I think a certain Semenko-ness helped as well. Few people dared to hit Wayne. And don’t tell me they weren’t able.

As to their skating, I saw both guys play close up. As a Bantamn, (Gretzky in a Kitchener tournament)and at the ’78 World’s in Montreal; Kariya on a trip to Boston where he blew by everyone the whole game.

Gretzky was uncanny because he was invisible until the puck was on its way in; perhaps the most clever player to ever play. But he was only a very good, rather unorthodox and hunched over, but not great skater who wore his back out on his own, whereas Kariya, more like Messier or Anderson or Coffey or Orr, or… was much more fluid and explosive, until concussed.

The league was very nasty in the 80’s.

character is derfab destiny.

29. SeriousFan09 says:

That’s if the NFL players go along with this of course, they might just strike over this attempt to extend their season.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

30. Storm Man says:

It is not going to be that big a deal. The olympics are in Russia in 2014 so most networks will show the events by tape delay. The NFL is king of the hill that night and it is 3.5 hours. I like the moxy the NFL is showing the IOC :).

31. habstrinifan says:

Plekanec’s projection I think is wrong. If Gomez, Cam, Gionta stay healthy, then I think the addition of Eller and Boyd will allow for a much better top six including Pleks who will be the benefir the most and will have a great season. His ‘checking’ burdens will not be as great and he will have more points.

Gomez I am afraid he probably has predicted correctly.

I agree with what he says about Auld. I think Auld will like Mtl and Mtl will like Auld.

Hope White is on the team.

32. RGM says:

Slow news day update – a friend of mine out in BC tells me that Carey Price was in 3rd place at this week’s BCRA Team Roping event in Smithers. That may not be the final placing but it’s where he was when she left.

Josh Gorges for Captain!

33. punkster says:

Not to mention the fact that any establishment that would admit the likes of Punkster, JD, Berkie and Chorske is under dire threat of having their license revoked.

Just sayin’.

34. Storm Man says:

It is a snake live draft. H2H scoring. The draft order will be detemined by the ESPN computer 1 hour before the draft starts.

35. Psycho29 says:

The team has to be out of the Leafs area 🙂

36. likehoy says:

what’s the league type? keeper? rotisserie?

i’m only kidding with the comments but with all the bashing BG and PG gets and the loving that burke and holand get…it would be fitting if someone would bash the fantasy GMs as well.

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

37. likehoy says:

most of this was very objective and fair…but the only thing that is a little stretched is gorges becoming captain…with so many good candidates, i can’t see how anyone can be confident on the selection.

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

38. Storm Man says:

You should join if you want to comment on how other’s run their team. If you don’t join you won’t have any fun in beating Mike G :). If you want to follow it the league name is HIO Unlimited.

39. likehoy says:

i don’t want to join the league, but can you post the links periodically so i can comment on how the others aren’t running their team properly??

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

40. showey47 says:

When a buddy of mine troy mallette was playing for the bruins a couple of us went down to see him for a couple of days. We took in a game in boston when gretzky was a ranger. You have no idea what his on ice vision is like till you see him live. Not only could he make a pass without looking at you its almost  like he could anticipate where you are going to be and put the puck in that empty space of ice before you got there. I was also wowed by the amazing hands on this young guy named kovalev.

41. K-hab25 says:

I agree Ericson, Gretzky was called the “Great One” for a reason. He was the best player to play the game in my lifetime. I mean seriously over 200 points in one season. People hate him for the same reasons that they hate Crosby, the whining, the finesse play, the golden boy image, ohh and the whole they’re the best player in the game thing.

42. observer says:

Posted almost 2 full hours before (below) on this blog.

43. Clay4bc says:

You will be able to find it here…

You need to register, but you can get all of the games you want.

Search Canadiens Bruins on the “torrent” page….

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell —

44. Storm Man says:

Only 4 spots left in the ESPN HIO Unlimited. I see alot of talk on here how some of you would run a team, so show us what you got in a 20 team league as you draft your own players. The first league filled up in 24 hours… I did another one for people that missed out on the first league. Enjoy your Sunday. 🙂

45. JD_ says:

Ian’s just workin’ with locations that are a very easy on-foot jaunt to and from the Bell Centre and are willin’ to offer special consideration to the group despite the number of people involved. This is meaningful to the extent both places are always jampacked on any given game night.

From what I saw last year, lots of people not only do their own thing, but also make a longer weekend of the whole affair. There are plenty of opportunities to hit Montreal’s awesome restaurants outside of the events which are, in the end, mostly about the camaraderie rather than the food.

You’d have an absolute blast.

46. habinypsi says:

I have been reading the 30 in 30 on and apparently every team is going to make the playoffs.  Its going to be one interesting post season.

47. Bugs says:

Paul Kariya was a force when he came into the League, no doubt about it.

But he was no Gretzky. Wasn’t “like him” at all. Not on the best day of his life. If he WAS, he wouldn’t’ve been hacked, pounded or concussed, would he?

Folks often forget to consider the Avoiding Injury Skill when evaluating talent. A skill at which Gretzky was a master.

That’s also WHY he surpasses Orr and Lemieux in the Holy Greatness department.

No, Kariya wasn’t “Gretzky-like” at all, sorry to say.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

I have mailed
    out all the Summit game tickets to you.

Don,t lose them or misplace
    them or forget them like some people did last year.

Your seat tickets are not in your name, so if you lose them, trouble!!

Let me know on the Summit page when you get them please.

USA Summit goers, allow 10 to 12 days or so to receive them.

We would like to offer you the following rates : $109 CAD per room
    per night, plus taxes, single or double occupancy.

Book your room at this # and tell them you are with Habs Inside Out Group or HIO to get the deal rate everyone.

The hotel  number for Novotel reservations is: 1-514-871-2138

Nov. 5th, We are watching the Habs vs  Sabers game at Hurley’s Pub
    1225 Crescent St.  on big screen around 6pm. Name tags will be given out.

SAT. morning, Breakfast will be at Chez Coras 1240 Drummond St. at 8:30am

at 10;30 Bell Center tour and Habs Hall of Fame tour. The “Rockets”
    granddaughter Cathrine Richard is putting on the tour for us this year.

at 2:45 Pregame meal and The Children’s Foundation Raffle at The Baton
    Rouge Rest. 1050 Mountain St.

Don’t forget to bring along something to
    contribute to the raffle please.

Across the street at 7pm our Habs take on Kovalev and the Ottawa Senator’s

game celebration. We have the second floor of Hurley’s Pub reserved for
    us. And like every year our Gazette leaders will be there to celibrate with us.

A password will be given to you at the pregame meal to by pass any
    line up and entry to our HIO celebration room.

SUNDAY farewell breakfast to be announced.

See you all in Montreal,!! And don’t forget to list your events on the Summit page that you are attending.

Just another chess game Harani, not to worry, we have very competent management that are dealing from a position of strength.

Where do you live? why not join us at some of our events, meet some new friends from this great HIO site.

Check out the Itinerary on the Summit page and come meet your HIO community.

51. adam76 says:

Just like they did with Theodore, the announcement will come at the golf tourney.

Price is the franchise, for better or worse.

52. nightmare_49 says:

Nice reads:  Eric Duhatschek

Nurturing hockey’s roots  ……

James Mirtle …..

Canadian hockey suffering from stunted growth …..

53. Harani says:

For some reason, today, I’m officially freaking out about Pricey not being signed yet!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

54. HabFanSince72 says:

I know it’s none of my business, but you summit people are coming all the way to Montreal for the weekend and you’re going to Baton Rouge and Hurley’s?

55. DavidKB says:

No argument. Will he be back this year?

It’s time for Bob to retire. I switched to RDS on more than one occasion last year because of frustration from listening to him, and my French is really bad.

So no one realy knows anything until the club announces it.

Just like any business, you hold your cards close and you feed false information or at least different information to retain the strength in negotiations and transactions.

The media and the public just continue to surmise, guess, and  predict using there imagination to fathom all sorts of speculation pertaining to the business of our Mtl. hockey franchise.

I have learned a long time ago that nobody outside the top brass, knows anything for sure and that as long as we have great owners and they in turn hire great management, this franchise will continue to put a better product on the ice every year.

For far two many years in Mtl. we had very poor owners with the wrong philosophy about this business, and in turn hired inferior people to manage and coach this hockey club.

For the last few years things have drastically changed and this franchise is once again becoming an elite franchise in the NHL.

We are not yet at the top of the mountain, but are we ever an exciting team again, and becoming stronger with every chess move. We are going to be treated to a very exciting season this year again. So just sit back and watch each piece fall into place as our fantastic managerial team grows our next Stanley Cup, which is not that far away now.

57. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Northern Ontario???

58. Habs fan in SF says:

“I think he is more likely to get bored and frustrated with the level of play”

so one year in the USHL and one year at Harvard makes this kid above and beyond the QMJHL? umm, people, lets stop hyping this kid even more. lets let the kid play a year in the Q and see what he does…

59. derfab says:

Kariya was amazing (Gretzky-like with better wheels) when he first came into the league but was hacked, pounded and concussed by expansion bums and the parity movement. Koivu and a number of other talented players also got beat up and diminished in a similar fashion.

character is derfab destiny.

60. nightmare_49 says:

New Jersey Will Have To Clear Salary If Kovalchuk Is Indeed A Devil

from Mark Everson of the NY Post,

It is believed Lamoriello already has some moves ready to make should the Kovalchuk contract be accepted. Sources said important defenseman Bryce Salvador ($2.9 million) was on the market, and that Dallas might be a possible destination. Dainius Zubrus is another with a significant cap hit ($3.4 million) who may be outbound, both Salvador and Zubrus are vulnerable because they lack no-trade clauses.

Patrik Elias (no-movement), Colin White, Jamie Langenbrunner, Jason Arnott, Brian Rolston, Martin Brodeur, Johan Hedberg and Anton Volchenkov all have no-trade deals, though each could agree to a trade.

61. nightmare_49 says:

How Steve Simmons sees it.

– The Ice Edge group has a news conference set for Monday in Thunder Bay. Here’s hoping they announce they are buying the Phoenix Coyotes and moving them to Northern Ontario

– Can’t you just feel that Maple Leafs excitement building: Matt Lashoff on Friday. Clarke MacArthur on Saturday. What’s next? Wayne Primeau resigning?

– Wonder if the NHL throws the Mark Bell suspension punishment at Nikolai Khabibulin on top of the time he will be doing for drunk driving. Maybe the Oilers did know something when they went out and signed the redoubtable Martin Gerber.

–  If the Ilya Kovalchuk saga is, in fact, coming to a conclusion, it means the New Jersey Devils are $3 million US over the salary cap and have just more than a month to get their financial business in shape. Also over the cap: Vancouver, Boston and Calgary

– Once he takes over the NHL Players’ Association, we must change the spelling of his name: From now on it’s Donald Fear. And NHL owners be warned. There is reason for fear

– Paul Kariya is one of the least appreciated, efficient, effective, players in hockey history and the fact he will miss the season, and we don’t know his future, because of post-concussion symptoms is nothing short of troubling. A quick Kariya stat: He is the only current NHL veteran — with more than eight years in the league — to be scoring at a point-a-game clip

Read more from Simmon’s sports article:

62. derfab says:

I don’t buy this Mike Richards stuff. I hope Louis is able to keep his enthusiasm playing with teens at a level he has already surpassed, but I think he is more likely to get bored and frustrated with the level of play and will want to be in Hamilton (or Montreal!) with the big boys after the Worlds.

character is derfab destiny.

63. derfab says:

Cool. Doesn’t he have 2 brothers that play, one a goaler? Are they any good?

character is derfab destiny.

64. Bill J says:

Louis Leblanc notched an assist in his first QMJHL Pre-season game.

Slow news day, took a while to dig this one up lol

65. Puck Bard says:

It’s real? I thought it was a joke!

66. Puck Bard says:

One step closer to the Duff-Duff fantasy.

67. smiler2729 says:

Had a playoff game Thursday at Westwood arena in Etobicoke, we won. That’s not the cool part, some fella named PK Subban rented the ice after us to workout with his younger brother… I’m his warmup act.

68. bus driver says:

I know this isnt what the site is about but im looking for a copy of the Canadians 100 annivesary game agianst Boston, my cd went missing and need to replace it, if you have a copy or know of someone that has one willing to pay a fee for it

69. RGM says:

Mike Comrie and the Oilers have cut ties! Let’s sign him immediately! Hilary Du…, er, Comrie sightings at the Bell Centre!

Josh Gorges for Captain!

70. KSS says:

Random question, but does anybody know if this Habs toaster is available anywhere in Montréal or just available online?

71. ooder says:

you know what.

sure he has no idea who has the puck.

sure he cheers for the leafs.

sure he has no clue wahts going on.

but man Bob Cole’s voice is legendary!!!

88 is the new 23