To practice or not on eve of Game 82?

The Canadiens have an 11 am meeting scheduled in Brossard, following which they might or might not practice for tomorrow’s final game of the regular season against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The players might be deciding where to gather tonight in a prayer group for the Rangers-Flyers game, needing the latter to win so the Habs can at least back into the playoffs.

The Leafs have ice booked for Brossard at 11:15 am, but it’s uncertain
that they’ll use it. Everyone’s kicked out of the Bell Centre today with Nickelback performing there tonight.

1. Harani says:

Insult to injury that it’s freakin’ Nickelback! PU!

2. TomNickle says:

But we have a system Ian.  It mainly consists of sitting back on our heels until we’re trailing, and then not knowing what to do with the puck down low because we aren’t allowed to have two forecheckers below the oppositions goal line.

It also consists of benching players like Sergei Kostitsyn who work their asses off and are dangerous offensively.  Tom Pyatt has been getting takeaways left, right and centre but we’ll give him 3 shifts in the third period.  Why don’t we put a guy with no scoring touch up on the first line when we’re a goal starved team?

With Jacques Martin at the helm, we are doomed to be a good team instead of a great one

3. Harani says:

You know what? 2 wins by Halak, 2 losses to the Isles and Canes and a convincing WIN tomoro and I’m sure everyone here will shut up and think about the playoffs. This is also a chance for us to see what the Flyers are made of. If they lose both their games in regulation, they’re out for sure. I better see more urgency than I saw with the Habs. I think I will. And Habs better realize that everything is on the line or it will be a LONG summer for them.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

4. SLONCOLD says:

i could but you really ticked me off. Like many let’s blame the goalie for the night. If the Habs were to bring this into overtime, you needed 2 more fabulous saves from halak. i know i would have loved for that to happen. However you have to be realistic.

we are competing for a playoff spot because halak and price have kept us in just about every game this year. Yet the minute we lose posters here pin it on them.

5. Lafrich says:

Denis Savard?!?!?! Really?!?!?!

6. crabvader says:

What a terrible band, too.

There are many a great things from Canada…Nickelback is not one of them.

7. Rudy says:

I hope JM gets pounded in the press up there.

8. crabvader says:

Neither is Guy Boucher.

I don’t really fault the Habs organization with hiring JM. I mean look at his track record. It’s pretty damned good.

Still, his “system” doesn’t work in our team nor do I think it does it the new NHL.

We need to cut our losses and get Guy up here next season if at all possible. Unless the Habs somehow make the playoffs and SOMEHOW do well, I wouldn’t want JM next year.

9. fofe510 says:

That’s kind of the Bell Centre staff to kick everyone out before Nickleback starts playing.

10. crabvader says:

Two words: bag skate.

I have a couple of left over fire crackers that might fit!

12. Matt_in_TO says:

All this talk about practice

- Priceians and Halakites need to unit against the real enemy, J.M.

Hard work without implementing a system is waisted energy!

14. habssince1909 says:

Practice?? How about a good old fashioned arse kicking instead??

15. TomNickle says:

Larry Robinson, Denis Savard, Bob Hartley and Ken Hitchcock aren’t coaching in the NHL right now.

Hmmmm?

16. habsguy says:

I’d bag skate them…..make them understand, you don’t skate in a game,  you’ll skate at practice.  And how in hell could they be tired,  they haven’t put out an effort for a while now…

You are not smoking Aces my friend!

18. TomNickle says:

Motivation isn’t the problem.  Andrei Kostitsyn is the only guy not trying.  I think everyone else is trying too hard.

Halak is the only one that has kept this team from being blowen out every night.

20. SLONCOLD says:

if the 7 figure salaries (8 figure for gomez) aren’t enough to motivate them, nothing is….

Practice! Practice!…Putting or iron shots??

Are you kidding me! Practice, more like a visit to a motivational or shrinks office is needed.

We have a much better team than what they are showing on the ice. Need to get them out of neutral. The stick shift is between the EARS!

22. SLONCOLD says:

awwww… group hug? :-p

23. SLONCOLD says:

bloody hell, halak sucks… he didn’t get a shutout yesterday. By the way smarty going high blocker side or glove side is the key to beating every goalie in the league… WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

i didn’t see bad goals last night, i saw countless odd man rushes, bad defensive pinches, no offense

you’re a crappy fan… looks liek you’re hoping for halak to crash…. by the way retard, should we expect more from our goalies or from the 18M on the first line?

maybe your wife should stick with baking bread….

24. jimmy shaker says:

Apologies go out to Deuce and slapshot this morning as I overstepped my boundaries last night and got into some verbal jousting after the loss.  I’ll argue more diplomatically next time.

25. TommyB says:

A meeting?  Yeah, Jacques, that’s going to fix it.

26. jimmy shaker says:

Wow, that could start off one of the biggest riots that Montreal has ever seen, and maybe a bench clearing brawl to boot.  Wilson would pummel Martin but I think Muller could throw down and kick some skulls in.  To the ice brawl, I think we get handled as well, but it will be very entertaining.

27. Danno says:

His Truculence loves the way you think.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

28. C-Dawg says:

I agree with most, but we have a sniper in Cammy, what we really need is the big center, as Pouliot hasn’t been filling that role very well lately.

BTW, Greetings from across the Lake, I live in Burlington :)

29. TomNickle says:

As for the easy schedule.  I consider the Canes and Leafs tougher teams to beat this time of year than the Caps and Sharks.  The former are motivated to make rosters the following season while the other two have nothing to play for.

Gionta and Cammalleri have proven to me that they can score 40 goals in a season when healthy.  We need a huge improvement over our current 3rd defenseman(Hamrlik) and Andrei Kostitsyn’s roster spot needs to be occupied by somebody who cares.

30. C-Dawg says:

The System is broken!!!! I just don’t understand JM….to play with a shortened bench like that, when Sergei has been one of the players really giving an effort lately, and the team is physically tired from a long season. Moves like that just make the players play tight, worrying about making a mistake and getting benched. This is the time of year that you want your team loose and playing as a team, not looking over their shoulders, worrying about their place. The last couple of games, you could see with the missed passes, missed open nets etc that the team is playing too tight, and that’s the coach’s fault.

JM is not the answer….we need another Pat Burns, a coach that the team wants to go to war with. I hope they offer JM a front office position in the off season, and either bring up Boucher or find the best coach they can hockey-wise.

31. Maketheplayoffs says:

Question of the Day:

If the Toronto game is tied late in the third, knowing that MTL needs only 1 point will they pull their goalie in hopes of getting the w?

32. HabsFansince49 says:

The lost last night had nothing to do with goaltending; even Cam Ward didn’t have much to do. The Hurricanes could have won with an empty net all night.

You know something is wrong when

- you’re juggling lines this late in the season while playing a basement team

- you bench one of your starting D’s for half the game.

- a player who did NOT have a job in the first two months of the season is your main D-man in the 3rd period.

- when your $8m player couldn’t make the 3rd line of the Halifax Mooseheads

- when the “coach” (using that word loosely) concludes that they didn’t follow the plan

- when you have the worse (tied) 5-5 goal scoring record in the league

- when the men standing behind your team’s bench have the same ”oh-my-what’s going on?” expressions on their faces.

Finally, to suggest that the Habs should be praying for a Flyers win tonight is utterly repulsive and a sorry reflection of how this organization has fallen in recent years.

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

33. lakechamplain says:

Sure, we all hope the Habs make the playoffs, and then hope that the team will miraculously play at a level not seen this year and win a round or two. And of course that means there’ll be much more of the posts here and on call-ins sharing our wisdom.

But as has been noted here earlier, the Habs have the easiest schedule to end the year, and if you can’t beat even one of three teams that aren’t in the playoffs, I mean, where does this team deserve to be?

Here’s my two cents:  Martin is competent but incapable of getting this team to play at a higher level, short term or long term(Carbo wasn’t any better((and is a terrible announcer to boot)) ).  Here’s why the team has to trade Halak or Price;  because we’re so lacking at other skill positions. We have two very good goalies and we need to get some strength in other areas.  Speaking of other areas, a SNIPER is needed.  Even when we put up decent shots on goal totals why do we seem to make most of our opponents goalies seem like Martin Brodeour?  Finally, our defense is neither quick nor fast, and that is one of the main reasons why we have so much trouble controlling the puck and getting it out of our own end.  Does anyone have the guts in this organization to let a bunch of veterans go and bring up the kids, understanding that this means next season would be a wash?  And oh yeah, do we hab fans have the guts to tolerate that and not drive the young guns out of town?

34. Matt_in_TO says:

What he said.

- Priceians and Halakites need to unit against the real enemy, J.M.

35. TomNickle says:

Don’t tease me with comments like that, it isn’t Christmas for another 8 months. :)

36. Shublips says:

I think the noose around Jacques Martin’s neck might be getting tighter and tighter.  He just doesn’t fit with the players he has and ha can’t adapt and is asking them to adapt.

Recipe for disaster, imo.

Montreal-Carolina: Habs Fail to Clinch in 5-2 Loss to Canes:

37. Harani says:

Should I go jinx the Leafs before I leave for Toronto? And bring luck to my Habs. I just might do that. I still believe we can check in at 6th place. Rangers win 1 in regulation, Flyers win one in regulation, we win tomoro and Bruins win 1 of their remaining two (Carolina and Caps). We still check in 6th. BELIEVE!

38. Danno says:

The decision to practice or not should have been made clear to the players prior to the game against the Canes. Win and you get tomorrow off. Lose and you will bag skate. Maybe that would have made a difference. Maybe offering a new Mercedes to whoever scores the winning goal. No, that won’t work. They’re all millionaires. Can’t motivate them with the carrot or the stick.

Sergei benched, Jaro throws his arms up in disgust, Gill has a verbal fight on ice with Lapierre. The 8 million dollar man invisible. Are the wheels falling off the wagon yet?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

39. BJ says:

1) Yes

2) Plekanec

3) Neither

4) Yes

5) The heart says yes the intellect says no

40. TomNickle says:

I guess I misunderstood your comment BBQ comment then.  Sorry.

41. TomNickle says:

Almost everything about that post is not ok pal.

You don’t bag skate your players this deep into the season.  They’re kinda tired right now.

Teams have found a spot on Halak but that doesn’t mean he isn’t the #1 right now, justifiably or not.  I would say that him staying on the ice when he lets out a rebound has got more to do with the last two losses than his weakness on the blocker side.

To your last point.  Halak hasn’t created a mess, it isn’t his to clean up.  Ultimately the Coach is responsible for having the team prepared to play.  He hasn’t had them prepared to play in the last two games.  This is on him.

42. notbigbird says:

The big one is too far away to worry about right now, but a little win or two might be nice.

43. HABWARRIOR says:

Yo take the time and answer my morning survey…just cuz im bored :
    1)Is K.Tkachuk a hall of famer?
    2)Who would u rather have as a UFA?:T.Plekanec or P.Marleau
    3)Right now who would you rather have behind the habs bench?
    J.Martin or Guy Carbonneau
    4)Would you bring back Metropolit at 1 mil to 1.5 mil next season?
    5)Will we advance to round 2?Assuming we make(and we will) the playoffS?

44. jabber39 says:

The Canadiens need Jesus!

So what now we sit around waiting for Philly to send any of their next two games to overtime? Tie Bitches Tie!!!! This SUCKS!!!

Knowing is Half the Battle…

45. Danno says:

Bowling. That’ll work. Then golf. Lots of golf.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

46. Storm Man says:

The Coach and Hammer would be a good start

47. Say Ash says:

He’s my favourite guy on AC.

48. crabvader says:

My bad. I don’t have a 1000-year-long memory like you do, oh master. :P

49. nunacanadien says:

Remember it right, the Big Bird was going through some medical issues and he stated he did not want to coach anywhere at that time, he did not specifically slam Montreal. So who knows, maybe when Larry Robinson is healthy, he could be part of a senior management cleaning sweep that the Molsons are probably pondering at this time.

50. nunacanadien says:

Larry Robinson would trade, sign, draft real NHL players, unlike Gainey/Gauthier who seem to have a scientific experiment going on, to see if small forwards can win a stanley cup.  Well Gainey/Gauthier, small players cannot win a cup, not when they get pushed around like Gionta/Gomez like in last night’s game.

51. TomNickle says:

Actually Ron he had penalty killers on the ice for the first goal(I know Moore was one and I think the other was SK74) and then put Pleks, AK46 and Cammalleri on the ice for the 2nd one.

52. crabvader says:

My bad, I meant to say conference finals.

53. crabvader says:

So you want to be an NHL coach?

Suck it up and find a way to find success in the NHL like in lower leagues.

Same thing goes for players.

These guys are paid to do a job. There is no reason, at this point in their lives (coaches & players) to suck when they demonstrate the ability to win.

Simple as that. It isn’t cruel, it’s just the way it is.

54. riazp says:

Bob Hartley speaks french too which is the NUMBER ONE requirement for a coach in montreal.

55. TomNickle says:

When did Jacques Martin make the Finals?

56. crabvader says:

I agree.

57. crabvader says:

Hi Ron. To answer your question, Earth.

Ottawa wasn’t rated an amazing team at the start of the year when they made the finals.

In fact, they were pretty much a surprise like Buffalo are this year. JM did great with them. Florida, a great team? Hardly.

His numbers speak for themselves though. He’s one of the winningest coaches in recent history.

Had you taken the time to read everything though, you would’ve noticed that I said HE IS NOT FIT FOR THE NEW NHL. I guess I should’ve worded it exactly like that.

Sorry for the mix-up, Ron.

58. TPlow says:

A meeting? Isn’t there a good bowling alley anywhere in Montreal?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ “Put your hand on the record player and say, ‘I’m gonna get my freedom!’” — King’s X

59. crabvader says:

Overrated, completely full of themselves (see beer toss incident on youtube) and well, they flat out suck.

Then again… I can’t really stand alternative rock… just preference.

Still, most people I know hate them, regardless of musical taste.

60. Ron in Ottawa says:

What planet do you live on? In Ottawa, where JM was handed a series of really strong teams year after year, he wasn’t able to motivate his players for the big games. So year after year they choked in the playoffs, and when they didn’t choke, JM got out coached. I still think back to the Buffalo game that the habs lost in the last three minutes. When Buffalo stormed backm the habs needed a break and a line change- they were still winning 2-1. But JM kept the same tired troops out there and they lost. Same thing last night: Bergeron was wasted and needed a break. So what did JM do- he kept Marc Andre on the ice and the team got burned. The habs will never win anything big with JM in the mix, And thanks to BG, he is signed for another 3 or 4 years.

61. crabvader says:

I could live with Spacek for another year. He’s still the leading +/- on our team.

Gill is our leading PK’er.

Moen is a great plugger.

MAB is our leading PP guy.

SK has loads more potential and could be signed relatively cheap. AK needs to step up.

Basically I only agree with Hamr and Laps in your clean up.

MAB will leave to get better money somewhere else. That’s about all that will happen with those guys unless we get lucky enough to dump Hamr’s salary onto another team.

62. Say Ash says:

Disagree. Getting hungry kids to skate their bags off for a chance to make it to the show is a lot easier than motivating 30-something millionaires. That’s not to say Boucher doesn’t eventually warrant an opportunity. But there are guys here turning him into the Carey Price of coaches.

63. slapshot777 says:

Agree Harani, the Habs need to show that sense of urgency that has been mssing from their game for the past couple of weeks. I don’t know how a team who reeled off 6 straight wins and played good defensive hockey along with good puck movement and offensive scoring goes straight into the toilet with crappy defensive play, a pretty much non existent offensive with no passing. Just plain out sucks

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

64. crabvader says:

Who needs the stress at that age, anyway?

You want to live out your golden years. He has a family to think about and he already did enough for this organization.

One of my all-time favorite Habs.

65. TomNickle says:

I can’t really say that I blame the Big Bird for not wanting to coach here.

66. Say Ash says:

Wow, that’s pretty sobering. But, yes.

67. crabvader says:

Don…Lever was his name?

People were mad.

Lol.

68. crabvader says:

With all due respect, Hamilton is not the team that we watch 82 times a year.

We need wins up here. Coaching the AHL, while not an easy job, is far from the hardest. Boucher knows how to get the best out of his players.

I consider him the PK Subban of coaches; he excels with every new challenge.

I wouldn’t mind that he stay in Hammy for a while, I just think he’s a better option than Hartley or Savard. I didn’t mention Robinson because he doesn’t seem to want to coach in Montreal anyway from what I heard.

69. TomNickle says:

Better than the guy we’ve got now.

70. TomNickle says:

I think bringing Boucher up would be a mistake.  He only has one year of coaching professionals under his belt and he’s doing a great job in Hamilton.  Why not keep him with our prospects?  It looks to me like a bright future is ahead with him developing younger players.

71. jimmy shaker says:

Okay, I understand what you’re saying, I just don’t see it your way.  From what I see, Jaro loves the team/city and the guys, and vice versa.  I don’t see your angle of him being a selfish guy.  I understand what you have laid out about Jaro over this whole year, but I just can’t put any glue to it all and make it stick.  I know he wants to be “THE” guy but I can’t really find any fault in his actions or reactions throughout this year.  Believe me, I hear what your saying, but again I think it may be digging to deep, or could be that I’m not digging enough.  Either way, I think Jaro is good for this team!  But I totally support getting rid of AK46…..ship him!

72. TomNickle says:

Oh I’m not saying to get rid of Jaro; although I think the goalie that nets the best possible return should be dealt.  I’m saying that if I’m Hal Gill today, Jaro and I are having a sit down and talking about what it means to be a professional and a good teammate.  I’m saying that if he does that to my team again, there’s going to be consequences.

73. jimmy shaker says:

Okay, I guess I’ll give you that, (grinding my teeth).  But there are much bigger issues that need to be dealt with going forward, I mean backing in…LOL! as we all can attest to!

74. TomNickle says:

I’m not saying that he’s not justified in being frustrated Jimmy, but here’s the difference.  One goalie waits until he’s at the very least in the hallway while the other does it on national television in the middle of a game.  Considering we’re one game removed from the playoffs, it wasn’t the best time to show up your teammates and act like you’re above the team.  I’m fairly certain that wasn’t his intention, but that’s not the point.

That’s something you address in the room.  Not in front of millions watching on television Jimmy.  Price doesn’t rely on the fans for wins.  And if anyone’s justified to be upset with the rest of the team, it ain’t Jaro.  Just my opinion.

75. jimmy shaker says:

I’ve seen Carey give his fair share of glares to his D after goals…..is it right or wrong?  I watch alot of soccer as well as hockey, and the goalie in soccer berates his team on the field if they screw up or miss an assignment.  I don’t mind a goalie showing he’s pissed.  IF it was Carey or Jaro.  The goalie is basically our leader out there on the ice, because he’s out there the whole 60 min watching the game unfold.  Frustration, anger etc.  I don’t mind it one bit.  That really has been the only time we’ve seen Jaro come out of his shell his whole career maybe.  So, I agree again with Jaro, and if it was Price, I’d back him too.

76. TomNickle says:

If you see a goalie glare at one of his defensemen, that’s a far cry from throwing your arms up in the air Jimmy. That’s not something that everyone will see and it doesn’t embarrass the team.  This thing is a two way street.  How do you show up guys like Gill, Hamrlik, Gorges and O’Byrne that take shots in the head, face, stomach, thighs and arms for the team?

Guys at this level know when they’ve made mistakes and don’t need to be shown up by a teammate for them.  I don’t see guys shaking their heads at Jaro or Carey when they let in a bad goal.  Emotion is fine, frustration is justified, but he doesn’t need to do that to his teammates with their friends, family and fans watching.  Not only is it not something a good teammate does, it isn’t the time or place for it.

I would be even more upset if this were Carey Price by the way.  The team covered for him when he got into a scuffle with Markov.  But at the same time, Jaro’s trade request shouldn’t be ignored.  That’s two strikes for me Jimmy.  Requesting a trade early in the year when the team is playing poorly is one sign of a bad teammate, this is another.  One more strike for him with me.

77. Matt_in_TO says:

If I remember right, Jaro didn’t ask for a trade because the team wasn’t playing well but because he wasn’t getting any playing time.

- Priceians and Halakites need to unit against the real enemy, J.M.

78. TomNickle says:

I didn’t say he asked for a trade because the team isn’t playing well.  I said he asked for a trade when the team wasn’t playing well.  Trying to jump ship because things aren’t going your way is a very selfish thing to do and it signifies that you put yourself before the team.  I’m not saying Price is any better but I haven’t seen him put himself first.  I haven’t seen him complain about playing time, I haven’t seen him show up his teammates, I haven’t seen him request a trade.

79. jimmy shaker says:

I see guys all the time on the bench look down and get dejected when we get scored on, no matter who’s in net.  It’s a natural reaction….dejection.  What you do with that dejection is another thing.  I think as Pro’s you need to have thick skin and a quick memory or quick forget button.  I think we’re looking too far into this.  As for praise for what a guy brings to the ice like you mentioned, blocking shots etc….that’s great, you always here carey or jaro saying after a win that the guys played great, they blocked shots, cleared the front of the net, cleared the rebounds and kept everything to the outside.  Jaro is the first guy to say thanks to his teammates, to the post and to lady luck!  I don’t think his teammates even noticed or at all cared after the game for what Jaro did.  Is it being talked about anywhere else?  I’m not coming down hard on your view, I just want to know if the media is talking about it as well.  And as far as his so called trade request….that was all hyped up from his agent, who I hope Jaro scolded harshly.  That stuff has to stay inside, and his agent did a poor thing in how he let it out to the media.  Jaro downplayed it quite well, I thought.  I like Price and I like Jaro, can this young goalie tandem  and the marriage between themselves, the habs and the fans work together in harmony?  I don’t think so.  But I am one of the few who wish it would.

80. TomNickle says:

Are you getting my point Shaker that what Halak did last night shows up his teammates in a grand fashion and that having a sour look on one’s face after getting scored on isn’t showing anybody up?

It’s easy to say that because the media doesn’t talk about something that it isn’t a problem but that’s not always the case.  There’s a small pattern of behaviour developing or in place with Jaro with regards to how he reacts when things don’t go his way.  I’m not saying that it’s causing any problems in the locker room.  I’m saying it was something that a player who puts themselves before the team would do.

I was of the opinion, as you know that both goalies should be kept, but I, like others are now sick of people on this team occupying roster spots that don’t care about the team.  Andrei Kostitsyn needs to be gone, bottom line, he doesn’t try, and I can’t put it any more simple than that.  If you happen to catch him on a night where he does try, it’s one of few, and that isn’t acceptable.  How does that look to guys like his brother, who have battled adversity, busted their asses, played BETTER, all in an effort that means nothing to their self-serving coach who appears to think his coaching and system are above tinkering or adjusting?

Jacques Martin needs to man up and say that Sergei has done a great job, he needs to commend him for battling back, growing up and playing the way that Jacques wanted all along.  And putting that player up in the top 6 where he belongs would be a good start.

Why are we rewarding players that don’t care and benching players that do care?

81. BoomBoom says:

Agree..Lats should watch what he says because in the modern NHL of salary caps they’ll tell him to get lost. This guy lets a lot of things go to his head and inflate his ego. I am sure he heard from family and friends how the french media still talked about him and worshipped him. The guy is classless and a d-bag. I am glad Minny was out of the playoffs a long time ago.

By the way, I am tired of hearing Bergy say that Laprierre s*cks this year because Lats keep telling him how great Minny is..that is a sh*t theory.

82. WindsorHab-10 says:

Who cares.

83. Habscore says:

Yea agree with Pouliot’s non scoring makes somehow Lats look good…wtv

By the way I’m latin…lol

84. UziMTL says:

Oo…my fault. D shades were hiding yer eyes. so im assuming ur a Gomez fan? Dont mean to be racist lol. So how u like T.O. being a Habs fan? I LUV IT! Esp. when we beat em at the ACC and all the Habs fans back me up chanting Oléééééé, Oléééé, Oléééé, Oléééééééé…. Haha. U see all the Make Beliefs fans rushing to Union Station tryina get home ASAP.

85. The Teacher says:

THE ICE WILL SUCK TOMORROW NIGHT, NOT GOOD, IT WILL SLOW THE GAME DOWN TO THE lEAFS PACE.

86. TripleX says:

I don’t know how many will get your inside joke but I for one love it dude.  LMAO

87. Storm Man says:

I think we should call up the 6 Slovenia hockey players and put them on the ice with JM, That should be the best practice to have today.

88. TomNickle says:

If Brian Gionta isn’t the Captain of this team I don’t know who is.

Everyone was quick to blame him for the Larose goal last night but I didn’t see anyone commenting on how he was the only one backchecking.  Our best player and on ice leader by far in my opinion.

89. nunacanadien says:

Only reason why Gionta has to backcheck is hey he is so small any rookie of any size in the league can take the puck away in the middle of his rush, and it happens more often than we realize.  Gionta spends a lot of time chasing after the puck he just gave away….hmm…didn’t we have a certain Finn player similar in size also was one of the Hab’s best backcheckers?  I guess when you can’t hang onto the puck, you end up chasing after the guy who stole it from you…

90. nunacanadien says:

91. TripleX says:

Brilliant analysis!  Please forward this to Geoff Molson.

92. krob1000 says:

I understand the benching of O’Byrne although I wouldn;t have done it…he made a bad decision, but to make things worse he didn;t move his feet coming back after guys tried to bail himout and it was his trailer that scored….BIIIG MISTAKES…..BUT….he has been playing about the best I have ever seen him lately aside from that one error…to strip the confidence he has had building for that one mistake, as big as it was was unnecessary and hurts the team more than it helps it.  Lately he has been very physical, and has actually generally been making very good decisions about when to pinch along the wall and hold the puck in, I have even seen him on occasion lately venture into the corners…..but at appropriate times.

Pouliot…..I feared thios would happen with him playing with Gionta and Gomez…..I really don;t think he has done anything really differently……he appears to be left out of the play altely and the chances in front of the net he buried for a while are not going in…..definitely not benching owrthy for an offense starved team.  I still think he should play with Sergei and Moore and be the go to guy on that line and everyone would benefit…..Martin teased us by playing them for one shift and then benched both POuliot and Sergei???

Sergei Benched? perhaps the most outrageous move since, well….since Lapierre went first in the shootout the other night….Sergei has been a rock as a defensive forward and has been creating offense every game…..if the guy had linemates who could bury he would be far better statistically but the kid is actually good enough defensively that he has been making an impression in that regard……very Plkes like actually and that move could not have sat well with players on the bench…maybe he was hurt? I don;t know but that was weird…..and with Martin’s prior relationship with Sergei it sure didn’t look good to anyone who has watched this team.  With our dismal pp over the last stretch and Sergei creating chances even in a defensive role at 5 on 5 or even shorthanded we don;t ever let him see pp time? bizarre? no….a personal vendetta? starting to look more likely…..did Martin get upset that his public scolding early in camp made him look bad to his new city? It didn;t it made him look  like he may try to get somethign out of Sergei but then once Sergei once sent down it started to look different and since it has only looked worse.

This teams brightest moments have come when we get scoring fromt he depth areas, when guys like these three have stepped up……to pull the chute on all three in a must win game was one of the more foolish things I have seen in a long time from a coach…..poor MAB then played an 8 minute shift because of this (was he being punished a la KEenan/KOvy or was it a reward to be overplayed until he couldn;t breathe?).

I am happy to see Lapierre has been bringing some energy but seriously? in the dying minutes when we need to generate offense we go to Lapierre? with Sergei sitting on the bench.

The Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri thing is not the solution…it just weakens the rest of the lineup IMO.  The only forward who deserved to be benched was Andrei K and I would’t do that either because with him you know what you get…he is what he is and we are better off having him than not.  That was ridiculous coaching and I am not solely blaming coaching as a number of players have got to be giving better efforts….

The players on this team need to look around that room at each other…..say FCUK our coach, FCUK our fans, let’s do this for us! Guys like Gorges taking pucka fter puck to help out, PLasdtic Snail man Gill lying on the ice to block shots, Gionta going full speed into corners forwards 40 pounds heavier wouldn’t dare go, Halak battling night in and night out, Price getting crucified despite actually playing well, Sergei playing responsibly despite being ostricized, O’Byrne stepping into a tough guy role that would have ben laughable as recently as last year, Travis Moen whose heart is bigger than his skill set unfortunately, Pleks who is teh ultimate glue guya nd does everything above average but nothing spectacular…….to me this leaves a significant core of our better players with something lacking during this stretch of important games.

Markov, he hasn;t beent he same since his return and in his case I am not blaming effort as I think his problem is quite the opposite…he appears to be trying to do too much, too often and is wearing down as a result…..he is getting frustrated and starying from his robotic personality which one might think is a positive thing….for him….it is NOT. HE needs to return to being the machine like player he has always been and I really hope the vacant captaincy has nothing to do with it.

Cammallerri…..another guy who is struggling after injury….and again not effort related.  He just doesn;t have his preinjury jump and he appears to know it.  HE is paassing in shooting situations and when he does shoot he appears to be content to just direct the puck at the net and cross his fingers.  This guy is a sniper…playing like a grinder and just “getting pucks to the net”…Damn I hate that expression…..in many cases it is true but when you are Mike Cammalleri…you don;t get pucks to the net….you hit the inside of posts and crossbars…..he needs to regain his sniper mentality…he has that ability…guys with that ability need to utilize it….I’d rather he miss the net twice and score once then hit the goalies chest three times…he’ll come around but it is all in his head right now!

Andrei……yeesh….this guy is as frustrating as Kovy was….all the skil in the world but plays a different game than the one we all want him too.  Looking at him and his size and from the glimpses we have seen we want him to be what he is not.  Unfortunately at times he is painful to watch….I’s still play him but I think maybe Martin got the wrong Kostitsyn when he decided to glue ass to bench.

Gomez……ahhh the 8 million dollar man…..and top five finisher in the nhl players poll of most overrated…right up there with Redden and Phanuef.  Gomez brings a lot of skills to the game but he is as predicatable as the Leafs playoff hopes.  HE never drives hard to the net and is easier to defend than Jon Gosselin (man that poor guy was nearly henpecked to death).  Gomez could be better if he would go to dirtier areas offensively…the irony here is the guy actually goes into corners willingly and defensively gets his hands sirty…I don;t know if someone told him when he was younger that his team could only score if he passed or what but it is killing us….he enters the zone a million miles an hour with ease, he then looks to pitch a tent in the nears vacant spot on the perimeter  where he looks once, twice and tree times for Gio…..if he is unavailable…turnover.

Hamrlik/Spacek…..pretty similar guys here…..both older guys playing younger guys minutes and tough ones at that.  They are also both having tought seasons. Both have flashes of brilliance and then senior moments.  Both have the ability to be competent number 2 guys and I have no idea what is going on with either of them.  Hammer just doesn;t seem crisp this year ( lingering effect from Vodkagate?) Spacek, who used to kill us as a Sabre on the pp and as a trailer on the rush hasn;t been able to hit the end ofthe rimk let alone the net.  It is really too bad because if these guys turn things around our d is in pretty good shape….another to a long list of ifs heading into the playoffs.  The good thing is veterans liek these two should be able to step up at crunch time…..mentally at least…now how are the bodies holding up?

Not really sure why I am posting this mess of random thoughts…more for sepf therapy I guess but since I did it I might as well post it.

93. jimmy shaker says:

Wait, let me get a cup of tea before I get at this one……NO disrespect intended!

94. SLONCOLD says:

do u have a title for your book?

95. crabvader says:

Bang on analysis. Love the Pouliot one most of all.

He is the go-to guy. Teams like ours need to understand that. Having him on a line with Moore and SK, while improbable, is, in my opinion aswell, the best course of action. Those guys would SHRED. Sergei being the set-up man he is, Moore digging in the corners and going in with speed… Very nice.

Gomez is still (despite his passing) too selfish a player. He takes bonehead penalties at very ill-advised times and doesn’t seem to want to include anyone other than Gionta in his playmaking. I’ve seen him make passes to Gio when he was tied up by two guys while Pouliot or a d-man was wide open.

The shrimp line isn’t good. The only saving grace is that Gio can basically play with anyone.

To Andrei’s credit, he’s been slowly picking it up (maybe not last night as much) but he’s been more aggressive and willing to fight for the puck in the corners. Again, though…not perfect and far from it.

Very good post.

96. TomNickle says:

Well done!  Agreed on almost all of that.  Very truthful analysis.

97. Say Ash says:

Wanna be coach?

98. AH says:

Krob, bang on! Especially the analysis of Gomez. He frustrates the hell out of me because I truly believe he could easily get 30 goals a year if he would gain the o zone like he easliy dones, and then just SHOOT THE FRICKIN PUCK!!!

99. nunacanadien says:

Well typical Gomez and Gionta, for the big money we are paying them, we end up with a fizzle at the end of the season, waiting to see if our loss to Toronto tomorrow regardless of if you play the Floater or the Halarock.  We have way too many small tikes on the Habs, we get pushed around, we can’t rush their goalie, we can’t win along the boards going in most of the time and we depend on our rookies to win when our overpriced Yankee help doesn’t show up half the time.  So what type of Year did Gainey/Gauthier give us?  Its like watching a movie with no ending and all of a sudden someone turns on the lights.  What the F*CK happened this year?  Why are we waiting to see if we clinch a spot?  And again this year Toronto can spoil our year again.

100. TomNickle says:

I maintain that if you believe that Gionta gets pushed around, you don’t watch the team.  Sorry, that’s just my opinion, I haven’t seen him bullied at all this year.  I would be willing to bet that he’s scored at least 20 of his 27 goals within two feet of the blue paint.  You’re just way off on this.

101. krob1000 says:

“Habs, can’t live with em’, can’t live without em’ …..but sure wish I could”

102. SLONCOLD says:

i approve:-)

103. mike g says:

“Simple Jack’s Simple Thaughts On The Habs”

Andrei the giant: Just about the only thing that Andrei Kostitsyn is big at is doing nothing. He’s such a giant dissapointment, it’s not even understandable. I’ve never seen a player with so much skill, talent, and wicked shot not care and be as clumsy as him. You may think Kovalev was like this, but he was so different. He didn’t miss every single pass destined for him. He didn’t get knocked off the puck like a 4 year old girl like Andrei does. He didn’t miss or juggle with the puck every time he tried to take a shot. Andrei does all this, and is really starting to piss off many in this city. If only he was at least showing some desire and work ethic, but in his case that’s like asking the city of Montreal to fix all the pot-holes…Ain’t gonna happen.

Halak-having some support: Jaro must love having some support from his defenseman, and from his offensive teammates. Heck, all goalies must love that! But that’s not the case right now, as we saw clearly last night. While he played a decent game (making some very big saves early on), his much-discussed rebound control was put to the test. I’m not going to say he failed, because hockey is a team game, so the whole team failed. He left alot of juicy rebounds, the Canes took advantage of some and the rest went unnoticed. But in the end it’s the players’ job to clear the front of the net. The goalies job is to make the 1st save, and I’ll defend Jaro on that even though I prefer Price. When you know a player of yours has a weakness, you do everything to help him not struggle with it. The defenseman didn’t help him last night, and he showed those same facial and “body language” gestures as Carey sometimes does, with good reason. But yet, we only use that against Carey. Jaro’s starting to realize what it feels like to be left out to dry, and he’s not liking it either.

JM stands for Jungle Monkey: Give him all the credit you want for coaching this crippled team all year and having them fighting for a spot. Clap Clap. Alright, enough with that now. The fact of the matter is he is not a good coach. Argue and defend all you want, the latter is sadly the truth. When your team needs one point to clinch a spot and you lay a stinker like they did vs NYI, it’s a wakeup call. When your team gets outshot 15-5 in the 1st period vs the Canes last night, it’s another wakeup call. If you still haven’t woken up, stay in bed at the hotel. Don’t wait to be down 2-0 to call a timeout. And when you call it, don’t fix your tie and talk for 5 seconds to your players in a nicer tone of voice than Cinderella uses. Behind that bench he shows no character, no fight, and absolutely no will to win. Remind you guys of something? Oh yeah, the Habs on the ice!

Lets Go Flyers: I am proud to say that while the Habs are #1 on every single list of things in my life, I also enjoy following the Flyers and Kings. Call me wtv you want, but I am a fan of the game of hockey. And I appreciate the style of play of these 2 other teams. That is why I’m wearing my orange Mike Richards jersey today, hoping for a win vs the Rangers tongiht. If anyone has a chance, watch that game. It will make you understand and appreciate a team that cares, and one that makes every game tough to play in. The Flyers don’t let you walk all over them and take the 2 points. If you want to beat them, it’s gonna hurt. That’s something I wish our Habs had.

Your thaughts?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

104. SLONCOLD says:

would you start halak against the leafs? i suppose it depends on what happens tonight in the rangers game.

i agree with 90% of your post except on the rebounds….

1. low shots always produce rebounds

2. 80-90mph shots off your chest will create rebounds as well.

3. although rebound control is important, making the first save is always a priority.

4. defense men are supposed to clear rebounds.

5. when a shot happens in traffic rebounds are more likely to happen

6. when defense men collapse you have less time to react to shots which can create rebounds.

Playing as a goalie the scenarios above are how rebounds happen. It should be no surprise to anyone when u want to beat a goalie, shoot low and battle for a rebound. this is hockey and usually how u beat goalies.

105. Tis Himself says:

Does it matter? They’d all be better off hangin’ at Ye Olde Orchard tonight and cheering for the Flyers!

106. Habs_Juve says:

I think it’s completly embarasing to have to rely on other teams to get a playoff spot for you, if that doesn’t fire Montreal up than they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

MD

107. SLONCOLD says:

indeed, gionta never gives up, hardest working guy on the team in my eyes. gomez is MIA sometimes though

108. CHCanadien says:

I’m having flashbacks to 2007.

109. SeriousFan09 says:

Practicing holding a 3rd period lead 1 more time surely can’t hurt…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

110. TomNickle says:

Sorry, try again.  He has 26 giveaways in 60 games.  You’ll have to try to find another reason to bash him.

You’re manufacturing reasons to hate on our smaller players with no real cause.

111. HABWARRIOR says:

CAN WE PLEASE SHOW A LITTLE FAITH!!!??? YA we lost but cCArolinas been on fire last half of this season…..we’re saving the best for last.An all out asaault on the hated MakeMeLaffs Sat. nite,aiiight? CHILL we’re gonna make the playoffs…. THEN…we creep up as an underdog unexpected Habs team that does massive playoff damage. Trust me,the cup is ours.

112. Chorske says:

Why practice? The team has been executing beautifully. I see no evidence they need extra practice. I say send em off for a pedi and a movie, maybe have them get toegther after over some nice merlot and chat about the Twilight books. Then gather at Gill’s place and make crank calls to Carbonneau. Conclude the evening with marshamallows and campfire songs.

113. Storm Man says:

JM is that you?

114. krob1000 says:

you bet! but my sons Spring league team already has one! …and I’ll tell you it is killing me though after only one game watching from the stands ( I have coached all but a couple of his sports teams)…he got a hat trick in his first game but was out of position defensively, never tied his center up on a single draw and for some unknown reason took faceoffs without actually looking at the refs hand…needless to say he lost far more than he won.  I couldn’t say a thing to him from the stands! The other kids on the team all played street basketball and tried to go end to end every shift, half of them hung out at the red line , 3 forwards and a d behind the other net nearly every time the puck went there? ….I wanted to pull my hair out! Never again will I not coach a team of his I have the opportunity to….never again!

115. mike g says:

Only if he speaks French…..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

116. TomNickle says:

The rebounds are coming from high shots though, not low ones.  And that’s not good.

However, I from this point forward won’t even discuss the play of either goalie unless we’ve scored 3 goals or more in a game.  Their play shouldn’t be part of the discussion unless this is the case.

117. mike g says:

Trust me, I know about rebound control. My whole life I was a right winger who shoots left. I played the off-wing, so if I didn’t have a clear net to shoot at I shot for a rebound…I understand you explanation above…

But what it comes down to is this; directing your rebounds. Some goalies are great at this, they’ll stop a shot with their blocker and direct it out of the slot. It’s hard to do, but some excel at not leaving juicy rebounds. To Jaro’s defense, he may be trying to to this and it’s not working. Or, maybe it’s an area he needs work in. But whatever the case may be, the team should know this and help him out. They should slash or lift sticks after the 1st shot to prevent a rebound opportunity, but they don’t. They’re letting Jaro expose the rebound aspect of his game.

So the rebound issue may not be Jaro’s fault, nobody knows for sure. But one thing I do know is that teams know our defense is bad, really bad. If they crash the net they can score between 2-3 goals every night just on rebounds. It’s something we don’t do, and then we wonder why we can’t score. Our defense is so soft, I wouldn’t mind playing against them. They don’t instill any fear into the opposition.

As a hockey player, when you are not scared of the opposition, the battle is already won for you..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

118. SLONCOLD says:

lol well i hear ya. halak still has to work and imporve on rebound control. liek as long as it hits you and bounces in the corner, then let your D handle it. I think it’s something that all goalies get better with in time.

119. SLONCOLD says:

good post. my info above was more of a general comment for others as well. but like i said below he still has to improve on it.

120. TomNickle says:

Why didn’t you just cut to the middle and move the goalie?  WUSS!

Played every position other than goalie competitively for twenty years and loved nothing more than being on the right wing as a left handed shot.  You were given a golden opportunity, SUCK IT UP MIKE.

121. TomNickle says:

I’m interested in what Sergei Kostitsyn did to get benched for the 3rd period.   And more importantly, why his brother wasn’t benched instead of him.  People will rag on Benny Pouliot today for picking up the wrong man on the backcheck for Staal’s second goal, but at least the kid played hard, his teammates will respect that at the very least.

Anyone else think it was very immature of Jaro to embarrass his teammates last night by throwing his arms in the air after the 4th goal?

122. Kooch7800 says:

I agree it was not cool for Jaro to toss his hands up but on the flip side I think it shows how competitive he is.  I think both our goalies may be getting a little sick of getting hung out to dry.

I won’t hate him for it.

On a side note, I wonder if anyone has called out Markov?  He had some choice words for Price earlier and now I would say Markov has sucked since the olympics.

another crazy stat, MAB has 2 goals since his return and Cammy has 0.

123. jimmy shaker says:

Nope!  Just like I didn’t mind Price giving it to the fans last year.  Jaro was 100% justified, the team was/is playing like a deer in headlights right now!

124. Kooch7800 says:

I think he still maybe injured.  Since he sat out  a couple he has not been the same

125. Kooch7800 says:

Can they teach heart in practice? We sure have not had much of it lately.  Habs came out flat again last night.  What will motivate this team?  It obviously isn’t JM.

Gio is giving his all though

126. HABWARRIOR says:

Its not a question of heart….rather the teams a little nervous and hence squeezing the stick a little tighter and making bad plays…..hey they’re human,and not perfect.They are what they are…weve seen em playing great at times …we know what they can do.Lets support them,OK?!?

127. TomNickle says:

Maybe a correlation between the time he said fans pay good money and are entitled to their opinion and the team’s poor play.  Just a thought.

128. jimmy shaker says:

Mayday, mayday, mayday….we’re going down, I repeat we’re going down!!!!  Guys we won’t win anything if Gomez and Cammy continue to struggle and if Markov continues to do the same.  Markov has sucked the last 2 games….which is very uncharacteristic.  Usually if he’s going (getting points) the team wins…so Marky’s got to get his head out of his arce in my opinion.  Hey Metro, howz the hyperbaric chamber?  Are you ready yet?

129. HABWARRIOR says:

The answer isnt Metro,rather its another who’s right there in front of our goddamn faces and we dont even give him the credit.Carey Price.He’s the one that’ll right this ship and lead us to the promised land.

130. TomNickle says:

They get paid to score, but why isn’t Andrei skating Jimmy?  At the end of the day you can say that the two you mentioned are trying to win.  Andrei looks like he’s got a flight booked to Belarus on Monday.

131. TomNickle says:

Nobody will call out Markov because they know how valuable he is.  We’re getting a lottery pick if he doesn’t come back this season in my opinion.  His play won’t be back to normal until at least next year’s training camp because of that injury, it’s very likely that Cammalleri won’t have his burst until then either.

132. jimmy shaker says:

I called Marky out…but I’m just a small little fan writing here on this site….if your talking about the media calling him out, your right…that’ll never happen!  Is that wrong or right though?

133. TomNickle says:

Haha, if I’m Gauthier or Martin I’m sending the media flowers and bottles of scotch and signing Andrei’s name to it.  With him approaching a contract year I want no ill will between him and this city, NONE.

134. jimmy shaker says:

I thought AK46 showed some more umphhhh in his game yesterday, battling and taking the body a little bit more than normal.  I’ll gladly get him on the first flight out of town after the season and if the right trade comes a  callin.  I have no problem whatsoever.  But for now, he here and he’s at least a threat on the ice, and has to get going as well.  Add him to my list I guess! And to add…. I just knew that Ward’s save on Moen was going to come back and bite us!

135. TomNickle says:

I suppose I’m selfish.  I’d like a coach who isn’t afraid to take a penalty if it means getting the other team’s goalie off of his game, it’s part of the game, no?  I said it here yesterday, Ward is going to be Ward, and if you aren’t willing to send a Max Lapierre or Moen out there to give him a not so gentle nudge, you’re going to let him get comfortable and he can do, well, what he did last night.

I don’t think the Habs were outplayed to the extent that people seem to think but that’s just my view.  I thought our scoring chances were quite good and that Ward did his thing.

As far as AK46 goes.  Is he a good teammate?  He has made what appears to be no effort to learn the language his teammates speak and does what to make his teammates better?

I can point to every other player on this team and give you a reason how they make their teammates better, except for him.

136. SLONCOLD says:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like crash the bloody net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but moen on the first line i dunno about that. he had an empty net and he shot on wards pad… still good effort from him though.

AK must has so much talent but meh why use it…… SKATE!!!!!!!!!!!

137. jimmy shaker says:

Carey will get his shot again next year…C’mon now….you and I all know that.  Jaro hasn’t been the problem and Carey’s play of late has been stellar….but Jaro is the guy going forward or going backwards into the playoffs.   Carey will get in if jaro lays an egg, but let’s all get behind Jaro who is undeniably our MVP this year I believe!

138. AH says:

Some thoughts as I walked to the office today in -7 wind chill weather on April 9!!…It seems to me that for the most part the only players who have consistently showed up to play all year have been Jaro, Carey (for the most part I think he has been trying to play well), Gionta, Gorges, and Plekanec. So, with that, coupled with Jaro’s obvious frustration last night, and Gill seen giving it to Lappy, are there dressing room ”divisions” happening again, have they ever “gelled” at all this year?

They need one measly point to make the playoffs, they have had the easiset reamaining schedule of all the teams fighting for the playoffs. They have lost the last 2 games to 2 supposedly “much” weaker teams. I have to assume that JM, Muller, and Pearn, must know SOMETHING about preparation?! So, given their results, and where they are at today, is it safe to conclude the players have stopped playing for JM and/or the coaching staff, or realistically did that happen many games ago?

I’ve been a diehard Habs fan since the late 60′s, I’m absolutely appalled that this organization has fallen so far…sad, sad, sad.

139. TomNickle says:

I think it’s worth noting that Lapierre had his best shift of the game following Gill talking to him.  I think you have something with the players not showing up for Martin.  He does nothing but blame them after every loss it seems.  Looks like he’s just trying to get out of the way of bullets.

140. Chorske says:

Whooops!

I am SO busted

141. Habscore says:

So what is this 11 am meeting about???

In the meantime, here’s Lats on what he thinks about MTL…on RDS website:

142. Danno says:

Not a class act. Minny should be careful with him. Another guy who only performs only when it suits him.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

143. cautiousoptimist says:

A telling quote from Lats:

« J’ai besoin de la confiance pour performer et si l’on m’accorde un
    contrat d’une saison, je vais trouver la situation difficile. Je ne
    voudrai pas me blesser et je ne pourrai pas me concentrer uniquement sur
    le hockey. »

Basically, it says that he wants a long-term contract, and if Minny gives him just a one-year contract, he won’t be happy with it, he wouldn’t want to get himself injured (with the sous-entendu that he might not play with a level of intensity that might get him hurt), and he wouldn’t be able to concentrate just on hockey.

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  144. UziMTL says:

Ouch! Thanks for the post…good read. I was waiting for him to say something along those lines: « Quand je vais retourner à Montréal cet été et que je vais voir tous ces gens qui croyaient que je n’étais pas assez rapide ou que je n’étais pas assez agile, ça me fera plaisir de leur demander ce qu’ils pensent de moi maintenant. »

Kinda pisses me off cuz Pouliot has been going down the drain. Another thing that pissed me me off was that he says he wants a long-term contract instead of just a 1 year deal because he would perform better!? Buddy…take the 1 year deal and show MIN what ur made of next year. I agree with buddy below me, he should def. watch what he says.

Hey HabsScore…r u Asian? Sorry i cant see ur pic properly.

145. jbroderi says:

WOW!!   This is a good sign.  Nickelback will provide all the suck and talentless efforts tonight, leaving the Canadiens to take care of business on Saturday…

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

146. Habscore says:

He’s a selfish bastardo..Never liked his “I’m the Sh**! ” attitude.

147. Bugs says:

Canadiens fightin the fear. All it is. Just as foreseen.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/