Tinordi in Habs lineup vs. Sens; Beaulieu a healthy scratch

The Canadiens held an optional morning skate in Ottawa as they prepared to face the Senators Friday night (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690).

Peter Budaj, who will start in goal, was on the ice along with Carey Price and they were joined by defenceman Josh Gorges. It marked the first time Gorges has skated with his teammates since being sidelined with a broken hand in early March.

Nathan Beaulieu, who was called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs, also took part in the skate but will be a healthy scratch. Jarred Tinordi, who also took part in the skate, will take the place of Douglas Murray, who will serve the first game of his three-game suspension.

Coach Michel Therrien said he plans to use Beaulieu at some point.

“The goal is to make sure he’s ready,” Therrien told reporters in Ottawa. “For sure we’ll get him into a game, but I can’t tell you right now exactly when that will be. We’ll make sure that when he does play, he’s ready. If we think he’s ready to help us from now until the end of the season or into the playoffs, that’s when we’ll put him in the lineup.”

Others taking part in the skate were George Parros, Lars Eller, Andrei Markov, Brian Gionta, Michael Bournival, Mike Weaver, Brendan Gallagher, Tomas Plekanec, Douglas Murray,  Daniel Briere, Rene Bourque, Ryan White, Alexei Emelin and Alex Galchenyuk.

Here’s how the Habs lines and defence pairings are expected to look against the Senators:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Briere-Gionta
Bourque-White-Bournival

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver

(Photo by John Mahoney/The Gazette)

Habs vs. Senators preview, NHL.com

Game Day Report, Canadiens.com

Game notes

Morning skate interviews (video), Canadiens.com

Senators Extra, Ottawa Citizen

1. Habilis says:

FYI for anyone sill here: You can access the live blog through the play-by-play tab up top. Boone is online now.

2. Harditya says:

Okay glad I am not the only one. Can’t comment on the new thread!

3. jimmy shaker says:

Okay good, ur all still here….I thought I was a goner.

Shaker out!

4. Habitant in Surrey says:

…killing some time, I just looked at a couple biographies on Glibert Perreault and Gump Worsley

…in ’69 We drafted Reggie Houle and Marc Tardif, both linemates with Gilbert Perreault on the junior Montreal Canadiens whom had won 2 consecutive Memorial Cups

…I remember those dayz like yesterday following the score stats of those 3 …dreaming Pollock will certainly find a way to steal Perreault as well in the following 1970 draft

…but I was ultimately greatly disappointed it was the fugly Buffalo Sabres whom turned out to be the lucky batards that picked him

…oh, what could of been

• BJ says:

I saw probably every home game of the Junior Canadiens for those seasons. They were amazing. I would that Gilbert Perrault is the all time best junior forward I’ve seen playand that includes Lafleur, Cournoyer, Dionne etc. He would wind up at least 2-3 times per game and go coast to coast. He was virtually impossible to stop.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…if he had been a Hab, Gilbert would be more a household name than Guy Lafleur in My opinion

…He was the most exciting and highly skilled player I ever had the privilege to play the game of hockey

…he was right there with Lafleur, and Lemieux

5. temekuhabs says:

Glad to see Tinordi in
    Would rather Cube wasn’t, but we need him in to score the game winner..

6. Danno says:

How come the new thread won’t load but it already has one comment????

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

7. dhenry1234 says:

Habs need to prove that they belong in the playoffs tonight. This has to be a big win. Bring it on.

4-0 Habs.

8. Habitant in Surrey says:

…can someOne in Montreal send 911 to Boone’s house ???

9. BJ says:

The new blog show two comments but when I try to enter it still shows fatal error? Anyone else getting that?

10. jimmy shaker says:

AHHHHHHHHHH………I’m afraid I’m fatal! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shaker out!

11. Habcouver says:

No fatal error tonight.
    Habs win 5-3.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

12. monmick says:

Fatal error is not playing Beaulieu…

13. CJ says:

So the new thread is up, but when I tried to post it indicated that there was a fatal error. Should I be concerned?

14. B says:

Montreal has the best “last 10 games” record in the NHL with 8 wins and 2 loses:

–Go Habs Go!–

15. monmick says:

Well, off to the game. Look for me behind Budaj’s net. I will be wearing my beret as usual…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

16. Habitant in Surrey says:

…actually, after listening to Therrien, I can understand He’s saying to Beaulieu nothing is going to be given to You …You will have to earn it

…likely with a guy like Beaulieu this is the right way to do it

17. Habitant in Surrey says:

…just 2 opinions Youze Guyz don’t give a rat’s azz ’bout

…Pierre Gauthier, if only he had been a scout in Our organization, and not Our GM …just do his vegan-thing behind the scenes where he won’t pizz anyOne off …he was a very good evaluator of hockey talent, in My opinion

…finally, Nathan Beaulieu HEALTHY SCRATCH !?! …WHAT ??? the … ???

…playoff berth CONFIRMED !!! …PERFECT time to find what He can do, and give the older nags a rest ! …maudit !

…err…
    ……maybe I shouldn’t get so emotionally involved :(

…whadda Ya t’ink ?

• BJ says:

I think the organization is pretty piss poor about young player development and has been so for many years.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…maybe there are certain head issues Therrien is trying to iron out with Beaulieu BJ

…unless We are behind the scenes it’s hard to know

• BJ says:

Best way to fix his head is to let him show what he can on the ice. Personally having listened to Therrien many times he seems like a fairly nice person off the ice but certainly does not impress me as someone that has too much upstairs when it comes human psychology. He seems easily overwhelmed with anger and frustration.

18. Any predictions about tonight? Will we be hungover from the sun and surf? Will MT make more excuses why we played lackluster against a team that has nothing to play for? Or…

Will the Habs remember how poorly they played against the Lightning and try to make up for it after a couple of days of R&R? Never know which team will show-up…

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

19. B says:

3 of the top 8 in points in the league right now were traded away by Boston.

–Go Habs Go!–

20. Luke says:

Well, I ate half a sandwich with my lunch soup today and have yet to find myself in a convulsing pool on the floor.

I’m going to give it the ol’ Pint(s) test shortly.

If I pass that, I deem myself Beerfest ready.
    I’m a team guy. I’ll drink hurt. I think I can give it 100% and stay within myself. As long as I drink my own game, I should be competitive.

21. SuperHabFan says:

Can someone explain to me why they can possibly think Eller, briere and gionta can be a line? Forget about what you think of them individually but they’re styles of play will not work together. Having bourque or Bournival on that line will be more effective, instead of Eller. Gotta keep Briere at center too, he has been playing much better than Eller.

22. Butterface says:

Beaulieu in press box.

Ridiculous.

***********************
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
    ***********************

23. The_Truth says:

Since Jan 1st

Markov +2
    Murray -1
    Subban -10

• Habfan10912 says:

Confirms what we’re seeing on the ice. The question is why?

• The_Truth says:

Good question. No simple answer, but various explanations are possible.

Murray has been pretty solid overall (since Jan 1st) and Markov has been up and down.

As for Subban, I can only say he is going through a rough stretch and had 3-4 very bad games that skews the results somewhat.

Guys like McDonagh and Weber had similar rough patches earlier in the year.

• CJ says:

Jim, I agree with you 100%. The fact that other’s are ready to back up the truck and award PK with $8 – $9 million a season for 8 years is concerning. No other defenceman in the league carries that kind of salary cap hit. We have also all but accepted the fact that Markov will get $6 million plus.

We laugh about Toronto signing Clarkson to a seven year deal. What if we sign Markov for 4 more years at $6 million or more a season? How is he going to look in 3+ years?

Again, at this point we have lost all leverage, so we either A – sign him for dollars and term advantageous to the player, or B – walk away and get nothing back. Both scenarios are bad, in two different ways. We mismanaged the portfolio. Just my two cents…

• Hobie Hansen says:

Ovechkin?

• Luke says:

That’s what I’m worried about too.
        Awesome player, that Ovechkin, but Yikes from a team concept perspective.

I would certainly entertain the thought on draft day, if Ekblad is still available at #2, giving Edmonton a quick shout and seeing what’s on their mind. y’know what I mean?

• Say Ash says:

What about points over that timeframe?

• jimmy shaker says:

ouch….gorges will help that come wednesday.

What about frankie boo?

Shaker out!

• Mutt says:

Plus/Minus is the most misleading and quite frankly useless stat in sport.

His Corsi and Fenwick numbers tell a different story, especially in the T.B. game which makes the lake of icetime in that game even more frustrating.

Unless of course you think Murray is a better defenseman than P.K.

• The_Truth says:

Like any stat, +/- isn’t the end all, but just one indicator in a broad view of analysis.

Without many exceptions, I find a low end – rating and high end + rating do reflect actual on ice play if you watch the games and contrast/compare to the numbers.

Of course you are not alone on the ice, so it is only a starting point

• jimmy shaker says:

yes, but can he bring home the bacon and fry it in the pan?

shaker out!

• dhenry1234 says:

WHat about Bouillon?

24. CJ says:

I just realized, at the cottage we don’t have the hockey package or RDS, so I will be watching tonight on, gulp, CBC. That in itself is bad enough, but to add further insult, Gary Galley and Dean Brown are doing the game.

Not cool, whatsoever!

25. monmick says:

Should be a nice showcase of arguably the 2 top offensive/exciting lines in the NHL recently. Max-DD-Vanek and Michalek-Spezza-Hemsky.

26. Cal says:

Book of Hab
    Chapter 14
    And in that time,
    Called the End of Days by some
    and a New Beginning by others,
    It came to pass that the Blessed Ones
    Did suffer to trespass the Capital.
    They came across the Lawgivers there,
    But did not abide them for they were full
    of false hopes and promises.
    And the Prust did pluck out the tusk
    from the carcass of the big fat walrus.
    So sayeth the Book of Hab.

27. Le Jadester says:

RE: JT and NB poll question…….that’s a tough one ?
    I’m hoping that will be the case next year ?

Habs, OLE !

28. UKRAINIANhab says:

Hello fellow Internet friends. Looking forward to the game tonight, hope we beat up the sens for all you Hab fans that live in Ottawa. I wish Beaulieu was playing over the TinMan tonight. I just feel that Nate is the better player at this point in time. Also, hoping Eller and Galchenyuk can get some momentum before we play Tampa.

• Habitoba says:

I figured Beaulieu would play in a game where it didn’t really matter much. Sens are playing the spoiler role so what better game than this one? But in all honesty, I would prefer Pateryn getting the call just to throw the poor guy a bone

29. BriPro says:

The moderators are in overdrive today.

30. BriPro says:

For those interested, the new Montreal hero, Genie Bouchard has eliminated Jankovic and is moving on to the semis.

31. Mattyleg says:

Re: Ovechkin’s response, below…

He’s got a point, really.

If you watch the video closely, you’ll see that Orlov gave up on the play by checking the Dallas player into the boards, Beagle gave up on it when he went in to put extra pressure on that player, and Green gave up on it too when he drove to the front of the net to cut off the play.

Ovechkin wasn’t the only one who quit by drifting through the neutral ice zone, allowing the Dallas player to skate past him and score, but ONCE AGAIN, it’s all on Ovie.

Gosh.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Hobie Hansen says:

Ovechkin: One of the greatest shooters but worst hockey players off all time!

• The_Truth says:

He is an awesome hockey player that will probably end up wih 800 goals and be a hall of famer. So, he isn’t Toews on the backcheck. Doesn’t mean the guy isn’t awesome.

• Hobie Hansen says:

He needs a coach with enough job security to grab a hold of him and straighten him out. until someone does, I don’t think you’d find many teams the would want the headache of acquiring his massive contract and terrible work ethic. Maybe a bottom feeder looking to draw fans.

I’m not being a jerk, I do think and hope he improves his overall game. Just being honest.

• The_Truth says:

I have a feeling there are 29 teams in the league that would take him without question, but maybe it’s just me.

Calgary once traded Brett Hull, saying all he could do was score goals. Not the best move I ever saw.

• frontenac1 says:

I’ll bet Big John Erskine would gladly sort him out.

• Kooch7800 says:

Bruce tried to and Ovie had terrible numbers and everyone was talking of him falling from elite status

• Hobie Hansen says:

The Boston Bruins sent Seguin and Kessel packing because they were class “A” douches. Many teams rate Ovchekin in that same category and would rather a player with less talent and a better attitude. It’s a team sport.

• Mattyleg says:

I’m not sure that other players on the team would appreciate working their butts off every night while he gets a free pass because he can only score goals.

I’m not saying that’s right or wrong, but teams are made up of a lot of different personalities, and I’m sure that lots of guys in that locker-room dislike his attitude.

There has to be something behind the fact that his team has never won anything significant.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• The_Truth says:

So Ovie is the only one in Washington that misses a backcheck? Ovie isn’t perfect, but the guy has passion to win and when he is on can dominate a game like very few others.

I can see some Kovalev comparisons, but Ovie is a lot better player. Montreal loved Kovie and if Ovie was here they would all be 100% behind him, just like with PK when he gets flack for some of his play.

In a 5-0 loss to single out Ovie when the guy has scored 50 goals for you wasn’t right IMO.

Price’s team has never won anything either. Only one playoff series in his career. There must be something to that.

• Da Hema says:

Truth — I am re-posting this from below because it was partly intended as a reply to you too.

No one ever doubted Ovechkin’s immense talents and skills. That said, what can one say about a 225 pound man who assaults fans in an airport? Or who calls his coach a “fat f*ck” on the bench?

And what has he ever really done in terms of elevating his teams? In the past two Olympics for his Team Russia he varied between utter disinterestedness and throwing childish tantrums. His NHL playoff totals are 58 games played with 61 points. Hardly the stuff of which legends are made.

I wouldn’t have this prima donna on my team, but you and others who like him are entitled to your opinions too.

• The_Truth says:

I can’t comment on these anecdotes because we don’t have context. I think Ovie is a guy who cares and a guy who has passion for winning.

Prima donna? Maybe somewhat, maybe not. I don’t know, I don’t play with him. He has scored over 400 goals at the age of 28 and for me, I think he would help my team win (being the Habs). You don’t do that if you are a Prima Donna like Sergei Kostitsyn. Pretty much my point.

He is not beyind critisism, because he does do some wrong things, but I think it’s overblown because of his personality, his happy go luckiness and him being Russian. Some comparables to Subban here.

• frontenac1 says:

I’d take Toews over Ovi in a New York Minute.

• Habfan10912 says:

Here’s my point. A coach should never and I mean never publically call out a player. Its amazing the number of these guys that do that. MT did it in Pittsburgh. Torts does it about once a week. Carliyle, although in a softer gentler way, did it a couple weeks ago.

Those comments belong behind closed doors. Bad job on Ovie and the Caps. Worse job by their coach.

• Mattyleg says:

I would speculate that the coach has probably said that to the player in private, but it hasn’t sunk in.

The coach then says it in public to get the player’s pride working for him.

If it’s done that way, as a last resort to get the player going, then it’s the right thing to do.
        If it’s done without talking to the player first, then it’s crap.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Un Canadien errant says:

Great minds, Matty, great minds…

• Mattyleg says:

Fools seldom differ either…
            ;)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Un Canadien errant says:

I’m going with the former.

• Mattyleg says:

Me too.
            Who said that other thing?
            Must be an idiot.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Habfan10912 says:

Sorry. You’re both wrong. Now there will be a s##t storm in Washington that won’t go away until both the coach and the Franchise player are gone. The message needed to be delivered privately. Even if he’s done it before. Nothing good will come from this. Nothing.

You may have great minds but in this case you’re wrong. :)

• Un Canadien errant says:

You have to wonder though, how many closed-door meetings, how many quick chats on the bench happened with no results occurred, before coach Oates felt he should call out his player? Further, it’s not a ‘secret’, the video doesn’t lie. It’s not like the coach aired out the dirty laundry, it was already out there for everyone to see.

I agree that it’s usually a bad idea, but sometimes in desperate circumstances, it can shock a player or team into a change in behaviour.

In Ovie’s case, you have to wonder though, he’s been ragged on for years about his effort level, and got demolished by Mike Milbury on-air a few months ago. It doesn’t seem to have much effect.

In fairness, I don’t think any player gives a crap what Milbury says. Loved that Bissonnette called him a zero on twitter the other day.

Agree with you and Matty. Jim is correct about coaching calling out players in public, but as you and Matty point out, this has probably been talked about in private since Oates took over.

• Un Canadien errant says:

You certainly have to consider the source, but in this case, Milbury just went Mad Mike and said plainly, forcefully, what everyone else was thinking. So you can discount him, but the message, with video support, would have been hard for any player to shrug off.

• habcertain says:

we got one of those

• Mattyleg says:

Who has Therrien called out publicly this year?
          He was asked about PK a couple of times, but he’s never called anyone out…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habcertain says:

take the blinders off Matty, veiled references to fancy plays, nailed to the bench for mistakes many others make, geez I didn’t even name a player and you came right out with it. yes. yes, we all understand if he pulls a Torts, he is done in this league, so he pulls the other bs.

• Mattyleg says:

I’ll leave the blinders on, mate.
            Seems I can see better with them on than some can with their eyes open.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habcertain says:

I think you see what you want to see, not what is happening, stay tuned to the future.

• BriPro says:

I never called out my players.
        Just the parents. They’re all idiots! :D

• Habitoba says:

Beefs in private, bouquets in public. That’s how I learned it

• shiram says:

You’re not wrong, but as a captain, I just don’t feel that it was appropriate answer, or action during the game.

• Phil C says:

Even if Ovechkin’s right and there is lots of blame to go around, it doesn’t change the fact that he still quit on the play. He could have been the difference, but was not. He is still accountable. You can’t win a championship with a guy like that.

Therrien: “Our challenge is to stay focused.”

Hmm… perhaps if they practiced a bit more it would be less of a challenge. Just a thought.

• Mattyleg says:

Practicing? Practicing?
      Why we talkin’ bout practicing?

Not a game, but practicing.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HabsPooch says:

The extra rest will pay dividends I feel. If you’ve read some of the comments from the players, it seems they really appreciated the days off to recharge their batteries. I understand working on a few things, and fine tuning but the season has been long and it’s rare to get a chance for some sun and feel good vibe.

Pizza is back tonight in the Sens lineup. Franky Boo will shut him down.

So Laffs have Ranger to thank for getting Bernier out of the lineup. What a dumb play that was.

35. Hobie Hansen says:

The interview everyone has been waiting for: Douglas Murray speaks to the media for the first time since being suspended for three games. WATCH -> http://goha.bs/1jbck9N

Rest up for the playoffs Doug, you’ve been fantastic and deserve the rest!

Go grab a few pints and some steak with Prust and discuss how you’re going to pulverize the Lightening!

36. DipsyDoodler says:

So I looked up the Masterton Trophy because I agree it is odd to nominate DD.

Here is what the trophy is about:

“The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey. It is often awarded to a player who has come back from career– or even life-threatening illness or injury.”

DD overcame the mayor’s tweet. Which isn’t exactly life threatening.

Other Hab winners are Pacioretty, Koivu, Jarvis, Savard, Henri Richard and Claude Provost.

It isn’t necessarily awarded for overcoming injury however. Henri Richard won it in recognition of 11 Stanley Cups, for example.

Other bizarre awardees include:

Ed Westfall New York Islanders Awarded for being a good leader.

Butch Goring Los Angeles Kings Made the NHL despite his small overall stature and weight, and had consistently good seasons.

Al MacAdam Minnesota North Stars Rewarded for his perseverance after scoring a career high 42 goals and 51 assists for 93 points.

Glenn Resch Colorado Rockies Awarded for perseverance, as he gave his young team more confidence while he served as goaltender.

Dave Taylor Los Angeles Kings Played all his 17 seasons with the Kings, and was honored for his dedication.

Ken Daneyko New Jersey Devils Overcame alcoholism.

The Butch Goring award kind-of justifies DD I suppose. it’s still a bit of an odd award.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• The_Truth says:

It just is an award that recognises a player who wouldn’t usually be, for having the right attitude and who could be an example to other players.

I think DD is a worthy nominee.

• shiram says:

It’s a nice nod towards DD, but he won’t win it.

• Mattyleg says:

That’s taken from Wikipedia, which means that “a player who has come back from career– or even life-threatening illness or injury” is not a stipulation for nomination or winning, just a past trend, which shouldn’t be part of the ‘definition’ of the award.

Philly put Hal Gill up for the award for the mentoring work he’s done with the team.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• bwoar says:

I didn’t find his selection odd at all. Who should the team’s nomination be, based on this amazing research?

37. Habcouver says:

Beaulieu must be chomping at the bit with being patient. He’s called up, goes through a practice, and then he’s scratched tonight. Yah, I know he’ll probably play before the end of the regular season but why do this to the kid? He’s suffered enough…. let him play some rock n roll (a la Doucette).

Go Habs! Destroy the Turds.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

38. byebyegomez says:

Looking forward to a big win. Hoping Pleks, Chucky and Gally lead the offence. We are going to need more than one scoring line going into the playoffs

39. HammerHab says:

damn new threads….repost!

It doesnt get a lot of talk around here but O’Byrne for Bournival was a very very very good trade for us….perhaps Gauthier’s only good move….did I say it was very good? cuz it was very good….like very….

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

• Say Ash says:

Gauthier’s only good move?

Dom Moore, James Wisniewski, Eric Cole, trading up for Tinordi

• HammerHab says:

Tinordi I would say is a Timmins move, and Bounival will have much more impact on this franchise than Moore, Wiz, or Cole

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

So I guess nothing other than an injury will get Bouillon out of the lineup?

• Bob_Sacamano says:

Gorges will come back… It´s still quite sad that Beaulieu doesn´t get a chance tonight.

• jimmy shaker says:

He’s in for frankie tomorrow night!

Shaker out!

• Timo says:

When Gorges comes back, Tiny will sit. When Murray comes back, most likely Weaver will sit. COY will never get his boy out of the lineup now. What a joke.

• jimmy shaker says:

I think when MT has all the bodies available…..Tinordi, Beaulieu, Frankie will be the extra’s

Marky/Emelin
          Gorges/Subban
          Weaver/Murray

The three extra’s might come in and spell Murray once in a while. Who MT puts in? Not sure. Thinking Tinordi would be first choice, than take your pick with nathan and frankie.

Shaker out!

• Garbo says:

Based on MT’s record this year, I’d say he knows a thing or two about putting together a winning lineup. More so than you at least.

41. CJ says:

Hi Dipsy, I replied to your post on the preceeding thread. Cheers, CJ

• DipsyDoodler says:

It’s disappeared.

Along with your suggestion that we pick up David Clarkson this summer.

That was you, wasn’t it?

—–
      Moving. Forward.

• CJ says:

Haha, no, not me.

• CJ says:

Just confirmed, the post is still there. Regarding Clarkson, I joined the blog in December, so that was before my time. To reiterate, I thought it was a terrible signing. I just hope they do the same thing with Bolland. Five years, $5.5 million dollars. It should all but ruin the Leafs.

Ovechkins response to Oates calling him out the other day.

@kcarrera
    Ovechkin on Oates saying he quit: “He’s the head coach and I get the blame from it, but in that moment I think everybody quit on the play.”

• shiram says:

And people complain about Gionta as a Captain.

• mdp2011 says:

Can you imagine Crosby or Toews saying something like that? I used to love the way Ovi played when he came into the league, but that play was unbelievably lazy.

• Da Hema says:

And to think some people here want Ovechkin in Montreal. The guy truly is a “locker-room cancer.” I feel sorry for those who must coach him. He’s such a prick.

• frontenac1 says:

Just waiting for the day Big John Erskine ragdolls him in the dressing room.

• The_Truth says:

I don’t think the guy is a cancer at all. I would take him on the Habs in a heartbeat. He will end up one of the best goalscorers of all time and has a lot of passion for the game. His playoff output is also very impressive.

He has not been good defensively this year, no doubt, but has generally been fine to very good in his career. A +45 a few years back. Like many elite offensive players, he doesn’t backcheck as some would like. On the right team (Like Montreal) I think he would be more than fine. It would be awesome to have him here and he would be a fan favorite as Kovalev was. Probably more so.

He gets a bad rap, like PK, because his personality is kind of flashy.

• Garbo says:

The nerve of those people. There’s no way we would want a consistent 50 goal scorer on this team. NEVER.

• Da Hema says:

No one ever doubted his immense talents and skills. That said, what can one say about a 225 pound man who assaults fans in an airport? Or who calls his coach a “fat f*ck” on the bench?

• TheCanadianDagger says:

I feel like anytime we’ll hear that he is jumping ship for the KHL.

• krob1000 says:

Note to Ovie…the head coach is not able to play anymore…he relies on his captain to lead by example on the ice…
      this reminds me it has been a week or two since I googled “Ovechkin controller disconnected”….always makes me feel better about the Habs

43. Buzz Lightbeer says:

Any news on the rest of our walking wounded? All’s hush hush as usual.

• jimmy shaker says:

Prust, still hurt…till playoffs
      Weezy, still hurt
      Moen, still hurt
      Gorges, still hurt till wednesday night at 7:44pm

Clear as mud!
      Hope it helped.

Shaker out!

44. 24AW says:

If The Habs can’t beat Ottawa tonight, They can forget about beating TB in the playoffs!

45. Sean Vasei says:

So MaxPac Subbie DD Vanek Frankie Boo skipped practice?

46. BriPro says:

What’s going on with this site?
    I post and it disappears….
    But I found Matty’s “Jumpin’ Jayses…. I’m stock, mawther!”

47. JUST ME says:

Jonathan Bernier will miss at least the first week of his vacations because of a strain MCL…

Can`t wait for the game tonight. No more mister nice guy…Git er done…killer instinct…It`s now or never…Just do it…
    What else…Finger lickin good ?

Oh yeah ! Go habs go !

48. Habilis says:

Really hoping that Tinordi seizes this opportunity and forces MT to keep him in the lineup. It’s time.

49. Un Canadien errant says:

Eugénie Bouchard alert: she is playing right now on Sportsnet, about to win her match and move to the semis.

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

50. CJ says:

Go Tinordi! Go Habs!

51. CH Marshall says:

What the hell is this Bs?

52. GrimJim says:

The over-under on the number of cups of coffee Frodo has had so far today is

53. BriPro says:

You take one more dose of whatever that is, and we’ll be asking for the address of the funeral home to send the wreath…. or maybe not.

54. JUST ME says:

I don`t even want any of that stuff ! There there sir, come with the men in white please…

55. Da Hema says:

I suggest you either reduce or double, as appropriate, whatever medications you are taking.

56. Savardian Spin-o-rama says:

I think it’s some kind of gangster rap. Hate that stuff.

~~ You’ve been spun ~~

57. jimmy shaker says:

And were out! BOOM goes the dynamite!

Shaker out!

58. Ummm. Frodo: give the ring back to Gollum and seek some professional help.

Defense wins championships

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” St. Thomas Aquinas

59. BJ says:

Hopefully we don’t live through another similar game as the one we lost all 5 fights at once during last years Ottawa series. That was brutal to lose the game and the fights.

60. dhenry1234 says:

Tinner will kick some Ass. Guarantee that.

61. B says: