They needed that

4524535

Your Montreal Canadiens finally scored!

Three times!!

Street-dancing continues until the puck drops tonight in Carolina.

Futility ends

Quotes from the room

• Red Fisher: Boos wake Habs up

Quick Hits and About last night …

• Arpon Basu on Scott Gomez

Pierre Ladouceur’s game analysis

1. addween says:

welcome to our website:

——– http://shortlinks.co.uk/3c5r —-

if you like to order anything you like.

More details,

please just browse our website Quality is our Dignity;

Service is our Lift.

enjoy yourself.

thank you!!

——– http://shortlinks.co.uk/3c5r ——-

2. xiaoqinhuki says:

( http://www.urltwit.com//371 )

We can supply series of Sport Jersey.

The detail is as follow.:

Product features:

Heavyweight Mesh Body

Printed Name Plate

Dazzle Side Slits

Drop Tail

Authentic Embroidered NFL Equipment Logo on Neck

Screen Print Numbers on Front, Back & Sleeves or Shoulders

100% Nylon

Sell Details: http://www.urltwit.com//371

3. volcano62 says:

I loved the Gomez stick whack and headbutt… :) We need to get under our opponents skin come playoff time.

4. JF says:

I only saw the game on Canadiens Express, but I liked most of what I saw. After the first couple of minutes, that is. If Price hadn’t made a huge save on Dustin Byfuglien with most of our guys on one side of the ice and Cammalleri’s back to the play, the game could have been very different. The team would likely have wilted and that long-awaited drought-breaking goal just might not have happened.

Once we settled in, we moved the puck well and attacked with much more determination than we’ve shown lately. That first goal, resulting from confusion in front of the net and a goal-mouth scramble, is the kind of goal the Habs don’t score enough of and a clear pointer to what they need to do to win. Go to the net, crowd the crease, use their bodies. Perimeter hockey, with pretty shots from the outside, will get us nowhere.

But it was clear the team was nervous about the scoring drought. There were a lot of missed chances and whiffed shots. We need to bury some of those. In particular, our “big guns” need to get firing.

Maybe Scott Gomez should make a point of having periodic chats with Bob Gainey. He certainly elevated his game, and I’m confident we’ll see more of that aggression and grittiness in the playoffs. He and Andrei Kostitsyn were our best forwards, although Mathieu Darche also had a solid game.

How can four officials totally miss a play involving the puck carrier? What were they looking at? It robbed Price of a well-earned shutout. Pathetic.

5. Shiloh says:

Gomez actually played well last night, which hasn’t happened too often this year. I’m wondering if he would be better with a couple of big bangers on his wings – Moen and Darche. He carries the puck well, but then loses it. With those two corner men we might get some sustained time in their end. We could put Gionta with Pleks and Cammy – might light a fire under all of them.

6. mrhabby says:

24 cups..taking some time off. have not seen you around.

how do you like the team the past couple of days.lol

• 24 Cups says:

Dave – I was down in Florida (gulfside) for the month of March. I can tell you one thing, there’s not much news in that area when it comes to hockey. Aside from Stamkos, there’s little, if any, merchandising going on.

As for the team, we’re certainly not in the same class as some of the other eastern contenders. Except for one important aspect – Carey Price. I think Martin realizes this and that’s why we play the way we do. It’s are only hope in the playoffs. Speaking of which, MaxPac should be shutdown until the fall. It will be a real mistake to let him come back when he should be taking a full six months to totally heal.

Say hello to your two boys for me!

7. notbigbird says:

Sometimes, this site is weird. Just made a comment, but it doesn’t show up. Is it there or not, I wonder.

Another very important game tonight – can Habs rise to the challenge? Come on, let’s get two points and give our nerves a break until the playoffs. Pretty please?

9. notbigbird says:

Reading Red. Apparently, the win doesn’t mean too much because Atlanta isn’t that good.

Also, although I don’t think he said it, but we always bemoan the fact that Carey had to play well. It’s a sad thing, indeed, when the goalie has to be an important part of a win.

10. smiler2729 says:

Grrr

*Perfectly content as a HABS I/O member for 3 years 16 weeks… now forced here, grrrrrrr.

11. AndyHabs says:

take desharnais off pp and put ELLER on!!! thx coach xo

Mtl 514 Go habs!!!!

12. AndyHabs says:

Anyone else find desharnais pp play weak?? He hasen’t been moving the puck well or doing any good really!!! would like to see eller get more then 15 seconds of pp time from coach martin
    #justsaying
    Mtl 514 Go habs!!!!

13. habitual says:

I only saw the last two periods, and boy, what a snoozer. And I can’t remember a sustained shift in Atlanta’s zone during the last two periods. I have to think that Cammie, Gio and Pleks are hurt, cause I didn’t think they brought much last night. Cammie came out of the left corner in the offensive zone a number of times last night, but stayed away from traffic and didn’t generate any good scoring chances.

14. samTHEman says:

Gomez for Hart

15. adamkennelly says:

For some reason I have never had a problem with Gomez…cap hit and all….terrible trade- yes, massively overpaid- absolutely, largely ineffective this year- yup….but a key member of this team..undoubtedly….at least we need him to be for any measure of success…I still think our problem is lack of skilled forwards with size..the d in this league are too damn big for gomez, gio, cammy, pleks, etc to maximize their effectiveness without some skilled players with size on the ice with them.

16. JF says:

I only saw the game on Canadiens Express, but I liked most of what I saw. After the first couple of minutes, that is. If Price hadn’t made a huge save on Dustin Byfuglien with most of our guys on one side of the ice and Cammalleri’s back to the play, the game could have been very different and that long-awaited drought-breaking goal just might not have come.

Once we settled in, we moved the puck well and attacked with more determination than we’ve seen lately. That first goal, resulting from confusion in front of the net and a goal-mouth scramble, is the kind of goal the Habs don’t score enough of and a clear pointer to what they need to do to win. Go to the net, crowd the crease, use their bodies. Perimeter hockey, with pretty shots coming from the outside, will get us nowhere.

It was clear the team was nervous about the scoring drought. Lots of missed chances and whiffed shots. They’ll need to bury more of those.

Perhaps Scott Gomez should have periodic chats with Bob Gainey. He certainly elevated his game last night, and I’m confident we’ll see more of that aggression and grittiness during the playoffs. He and Andrei Kostitsyn were our two best forwards, although Mathieu Darche also had a solid game.

How could four officials totally miss a play involving the puck-carrier? What were they looking at? It robbed Price of his shutout, which would have tied him for the lead. Pathetic.

17. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Comment section ‘aint workin’ for me…dunno…testing !!

18. smiler2729 says:

Comments aren’t working!

19. smiler2729 says:

Hey H I/O people,

Why can’t I REPLY to any comments??

Please don’t tell me the back and forth dialogue has been discontinued in favour of Thumbs Up/Down.

Grrrr…

20. volcano62 says:

Hate to say it but Gomez looked great last night. Can he keep up this playing for the playoffs?

21. RGM says:

I’m still a little sour about that non-call on the Boulton high stick. It could have been a game-changer – fortunately we have Carey Price and they have not – but I’m baffled as to how four sets of eyes whose job is to follow the puck and the play could manage to miss such a blatant infraction.

Carey Price is All Hart! http://on.fb.me/CP31Hart

22. krob1000 says:

That is great stuff by Basu……..I was actually going to write how Gomez was much better at shooting last night in certain situations, not necessarily shooting to score but shooting to get pucks to the net…it was great to see and he played with some urgency. There was one chance where he drove from the left abnd fired a backhander and easily could/should have cut across or at least to the net and went forehand….but it was teh only real shooting situation me passed up…and he still got a shot…at least but I am sure when/if he watches the tape he’ll see.
    I liked his game alst night, I liked that Pleks looks to have most of his jump back too…..his timing still is off a bit and you could tell with a couple of mental screwups and inappropriate decisions…those are just not Pleks. He did look quicker thogh…not quite 100 eprcent but a noticeable improvement over last week so….we know he is headed int he right direction. AK…..I like that guy when he is mean…..might be time to reunite him with Pleks and Cammi soon actually.
    I really wish we would give Pouliot more time right now…he could be a difference maker inthe playoffs and his big body/skill level could come in real handy…but the time to boost his confidence is right now.
    Darche…..great to have him back…after Pacioretty he is probably the best guy to play with Gio/Gomez.
    Price….looked engaged fromt he start…ever notice how Price when he is off is very late getting set….when he is on and the puck is in his corner or out near the blueline…his knees are bent and he is preparing for whatever, when he is off…he is late doing that…he waits until there is an opportunity before he sets or starts too..could tell right away he was on.
    When Hal Gill gets high sticked with his head near the rafters by a guy with the puck and gets cut directly leading to a goal…how in the word is that missed by 4 guys? I would be willing to bet you couldn’t pick another group of 4 people attending the game and find a group in which at least one of them didn’t see it? unbelievable.

23. avatar_58 says:

TEST

(I can’t seem to post?)

24. avatar_58 says:

My favourite moment was after the 2nd goal, when suddenly the team was on FIRE. If they could bring it like that every night…..

25. Habsfan4 says:

Good win, but, 2 goals in 11 seconds and that was it. Other than the en goal. It will be a tough game tonight if they can’t score more than 2. They have to give Price a better cushion. Carolina can and will score more than 1. My bet is they net two. Can we get 3!? Someone needs to get hot on this team. Who will be the one to step it up and start hitting the back of the net?

26. Lafrich says:

Watched the game on DVR late last night. I am sure this has been talked about ad nauseum, but the non-call on Gill???? What the f was that??? It literally took him out of the play so tha tthe goal can be scored! How on earth does that one get by all the refs and linesmen. All I can say is thank goodness we won, because that could have been the turning point in our season.

27. HabsoluteFan says:

Great Gomez article. He had a good game last night with lots of intensity. I hope it carries over in tonight’s clash with the Canes. Sure the overall team game wasnt too pretty but what do you expect after 3 shutout L’s. We saw a team lacking confidance and I’m hoping this was a W the team will build upon. You could see the Habs didn’t want to surrender the first goal last night and the game started with a few nervous shifts. Also tought Pleks had some jump last night and that Cammy had some good shifts. Would love to see them turn it on for the last few games of the season, see them get a few goals to get their mojo back just before the playoffs.
    Looking at the standings, a W tonight would put us 2 pts behind Tampa and the 5th spot,with the Bolts playing the Pens tomorrow night. Who would you rather face in the first round ? The B’s who think they will blow us out every game or the Pens who might get Crosby back ? I’d like to see us face the Bruins, just because we did win 4 games against them this year, and we have lots to prove after last thursday’s debacle. We would also be huge underdogs with all the experts saying there’s no way the undersized Habs could beat the Big Bad Bruins.
    Anyway, let’s start with a W tonight

28. Habfan29 says:

Can someone please explain to me how 4 officials on the ice could not see 6′ 7″ Hal Gill get highsticked in the face? Was not the play right in front of him, where in the Hell were the refs looking then. With 2 officials one should be watching the play and one should be watching the backend for penalties, and the Linesman that was right at the point of the foul must have seen it, why did he not tell Mcreary????? Pure amateur refing and to tell Kirk Muller they did not see it….. What were they looking at then, the blond with the Big Knocker behind the Canadians bench?????? This cost Cary a shutout, pure BS…….

29. careyprice31 says:

wow we scored fianlly

armand

30. careyprice31 says:

wow we finally scored

armand

31. Ton says:

Gainey on payroll forever! Amazing his influence. Gomez played well yesterday. I posted yesterday that this team is built entirely with small players, (especially up front) rarely do we see teams assembled this way! Their scoring chances will come on a fast break. These type of scoring chances can be defended against. Once we get Max back and incorporate a couple more of talented bigger players we should be all right.

I wish Scott Gomez’s overall play this year was as inspiring as Arpon Basu’s article.

The true test comes tonight.

• StevieRay says:

I agree 24 . Words are cheap these days and a ” veteran” like Gomez shouldn’t need a Bob talk spur him on …I’m not a Gomez fan but having said that , if he can rekindle some evidance of his old spark…good for him ..but more so ..good for the team .

• smiler2729 says:

I like Scott Gomez, I want him to succeed here. I just don’t think he’s a true number one center, more a 1(a).

33. JohnBellyful says:

E G D P M F B O

“Eff. See. Oh. Bee. En. EE. Eight. Ex”

“No need to worry, Mr. McCreary, your eyes are as good as ever. Next.”

34. volcano62 says:

I hate to say it but gomez actually looked good last night. How long will it last??