Therrien reaction mixed

Therrien1

Here’s a broad sampling of reaction from hockey writers around the league to the Canadiens’ hiring of Michel Therrien as coach.

First is Pat Hickey’s Gazette story which summarizes Therrien’s hiring and the press conference.

Also in The Gazette, Mike Boone wrote, “Gone is the notorious mustard-coloured jacket, replaced on this occasion by a subtly pinstriped blue suit. And gone, at least on Day 1 of his second coming, was the stressed-out demeanour of a 38-year-old coach trying to wring wins out a bad hockey team, which is what the Canadiens were in 2003.” And Boone went on to explore his success in Pittsburgh, especially his handling of Kris Letang, who Therrien converted to a defenceman with excellent result, alluding to how the new coach might help P.K. Subban further his career.

On his blog, Gazette sports editor Stu Cowan notes Therrien championed the talents of Francis Bouillon, who he coached in junior, when no one else in the organization believed he’d even be an AHL player.

And Dave Stubbs in The Gazette recognized, “Therrien has fans and detractors in equal numbers, quite possibly more of the latter.” He added, “One prominent unrestricted free agent I’ve spoken with since regular-season’s end could be a nice fit in Montreal at a decent price and would fill a Habs need. But then I floated the name of Therrien among potential Canadiens coaches, a suggestion that drew 30 seconds of stone-cold silence. Finally: ‘If that happens,’ he said, ‘I’ve got 29 teams I can play for.’”

Here’s my thoughts on SI.com – Will Therrien’s second time be a charm?

In La Presse, François Gagnon writes Therrien deserves a second chance, “because Michel Therrien will be much better than he was during his first stay behind the bench for the Canadiens. It will be even better than he was when he left Pittsburgh, where he took a last place team in the lead to two Stanley Cup victories.” He believes Therrien was a better choice than Marc Crawford or Bob Hartley, who each won a Cup with the very talented Avalanche but should have each won more than one, considering the talent on that club. He adds that if Therrien shows up behind the bench in that yellow jacket, he will not defend him.

At RDS.ca, Renaud Lavoie likes the fact that Therrien has a longer history with the Canadiens than anyone else in the hockey department and believes it will be an asset for Marc Bergevin and his staff. “But the real reason that Michel Therrien was hired is because he was one of the best coaches available. If you look at what he accomplished with the Penguins, it’s a masterpiece.”

Also at RDS.ca, Bert Raymond acknowledges Therrien has the reputation as an emotional coach, “capable of calling a spade a spade before the cameras.” He believes some members of the Canadiens may not be too happy with the hiring. “It will be up to him to change their perception towards it. Therrien has matured. He is probably a different coach. But he is also an emotional man, hard but fair.”

Mario Tremblay said on RDS, “I loved to hear him say that there would be no complacency in his team and he wants a working club. He wants to restore the team to fans who like nothing better than having the right to a good show. Win or lose, fans want to leave the Bell Centre with the feeling of having witnessed a good show.”

Don Brennan in The Ottawa Sun wrote, “T’es pas sérieux? Yes, it’s hard to believe the Montreal Canadiens really have hired Michel Therrien to be their coach again. Mario Tremblay must have been busy….There must be a reason Therrien hasn’t been a serious coaching candidate with any team since the Penguins cut him loose. Might have something to do with the fact that his style is more suited to handle juniors or minor leaguers….But what about Marc Crawford? That’s the man who should have been introduced as the new bench boss to the Montreal media Tuesday.”

On CBC.ca, Tim Wharnsby writes, “He’s an in-your-face coach who in the past has worn down his players to a point of no return…The Canadiens head coach portfolio may be the most difficult in the NHL. The fan base is loyal, but it yearns for success like no other. The media is the most severe in the league….This was far from a safe choice for Bergevin. Maybe Crawford or Carbonneau would have been better. But we’ll see how much Therrien has changed once the season begins and if he can follow the path of success travelled by Julien, Burns, Robinson and Lemaire – only this time in Montreal.”

Damien Cox of the Toronto Star says, “It’s a safe choice, but a risky one at the same time….(He’s safe) because he’s bilingual, he’s connected to the Bergevin-Luc Robitaille-Pat Brisson-Mario Lemieux circle of trust and because there are many in Pittsburgh who would argue it was the structures and discipline that Therrien put in place that ultimately paved the way for the Pens to win the Cup the following season with Dan Bylsma behind the bench. He fits, to some degree, with the latest pattern of pre-enjoyed (recycled) coaching hires, which includes Ken Hitchcock (St. Louis), Randy Carlyle (Toronto), Darryl Sutter (Los Angeles) and Bob Hartley (Calgary)….(And he’s risky because he) wasn’t successful last time, and why would you bring back a coach who didn’t win?”

On The Hockey News website, Adam Proteau believes, “His hiring has the stench of a stopgap measure, a consolation choice that will suffice for a couple of years before an ideal candidate becomes available. Maybe that candidate is current Lightning bench boss Guy Boucher; maybe it’s Alain Vigneault, who signed a two-year contract extension in May to continue coaching the Vancouver Canucks; maybe it’s Patrick Roy, if NHL expansion or relocation to Quebec City doesn’t pan out as many expect; or perhaps it’s Hartley, a rumored favorite to take the Habs job before he accepted the same position in Calgary….If it feels like he’s the equivalent of the person you ask to the prom after the rest of your high school is busy going with other people and/or washing their hair, it’s because he is.”

Jonathan Willis blogging on The Cult of Hockey in The Edmonton Journal writes, “My initial reaction to Montreal’s hiring of Therrien was surprise; like most people, Pittsburgh’s improvement under Bylsma was the first thing that came to mind and it did not incline me to think charitably of the choice. Looking at his whole record, however, I’ve changed my mind. Montreal was lost last season, and Therrien has over his career been surprisingly good at squeezing the most talent out of underpowered teams. I’m not convinced that he’ll be the long term solution for the Canadiens, but I’ve come around to the idea that he’s an excellent short-term hire.”

Louis Jean writes on Sportsnet.ca “The initial reaction to Therrien’s hiring hasn’t been overly positive. Truth be told, it’s been pretty negative. Some fans and observers have been extremely critical of the move. The main reason, of course, being that if it didn’t work before, how could it possibly work this time? To me, there are many flaws in this overly simplistic theory. For example, take a look at the roster Therrien had to work with in his first tour of duty and you tell me who could have done better? Sure he made some mistakes. Sure some of them were costly. But I think to suggest Therrien hasn’t changed or evolved as a man and a head coach would be completely unfair.” And here’s the link to Louis Jean interview with Therrien on Sportsnet.

TSN’s Gino Reda interviews Therrien here, giving his views of the team he takes over.

Scott Burnside on ESPN.com
writes: “Will the Canadiens, no strangers to underachievement, have an easy time with Therrien? Don’t bet on it. We expect there will be lots of sharp words and long practices if the Canadiens start next season playing as they did through much of last. But we don’t expect some of the public lashings that marked his early days in Pittsburgh, where he once wondered aloud to the media if his players were actually trying to become the worst defensive team in the NHL. No, this time around the Habs will be getting a more refined Therrien. Not necessarily kinder or gentler but refined, seasoned.”

1. slimjim111 says:

RDS’ pro-Therrien attitude is starting to tick me off. How much more can they suck up to this guy and try to justify his acquisition?

Mind you I am not against Therrien’s acquisition but come on!

Then they had a whole debate about having a Quebecois coaching staff… Who gives a rats ass how many Quebecois there are behind the bench? I hope Quebec gets a team so the Quebecois media can look elsewhere and have other matters to occupy themselves with.

2. chicgoods123 says:

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( http://www.chic-goods.us/ )

3. Badwich says:

MT can help Subban???? Really Boone. A.) Subban doesn’t need much help. B.) Did you hear MT’s constant harping about Subban’s play on L’antichambre?????

Subban will be traded or demand a trade when he’s told to be a stay at home reliable guy. Most fans thought JM played a boring style. Wait until they get a load of don’t take any chances MT.

I’ll take exciting over put us to sleep dull anytime.

Taberwitt

4. Cam_1 says:

From Gauthier and Martin to this ??? Wow (shaking head in disgust). Everyone and I mean everyone wanted the dream team of Maguire/ Roy. The whole world new this. Who do we get ? Bergevin/ Therrien *Puke* – I am so disgusted and disappointed it’s not funny. Bergevin I could live with…but Therrien ? I swear from day one, when I heard all the candidates I said please PLEASE PLEASE …anybody but Therrien !!!! We had Hartley (if we wanted him), Crawford (who cares about Bertuzzi distraction) Carbonneau, Robinson, Roy all great great candidates.

Who do we end up with ? Therrien ? **Puke** my brains out. I can’t believe this !!! My worst nightmare come true. The only thing I can hope for now…and I swear I hope it happens…is for the Habs to start off 0-8, 0-9, 0-10 and Therrien is fired ! and then we get on with business…make a comeback…and make play offs…god I hope that happens.

I want Therrien gone !!!!!!!!!! Now !!!!

• dallyd31 says:

“dream team of Maguire/ Roy”

Was that a joke…seriously. Especially Maguire. I can only think of a misguided few who thought Maguire was anything more than a blowhard.

No offense dude, but your are getting a bit too worked up about this. Reassess at Christmas and see if their record warrants you feeling this way. I don’t like Therrien either, but it’s pretty over the top for a team that hasn’t played a game yet.

• foghorn11 says:

i concur how stupid could they get the gauthier martin fiasco was bad enough but this i cant believe this boycott molswons i know the fans arnt always right but they are right on this one therien is bad second coming of mario roy carboneau and robinson qthere is your coaching carousel therien wont be there at xmas and i hope molsons dont sell a case of beer till hes gone

t lett

5. NCRhabsfan says:

I’m not for or against this hiring. It didn’t seem any of the other coaches being discussed looked any better and I trust MB knows what he’s doing. It does seem to me that MT has something that JM did not have, a proven track record of working well with young players. Since the Habs are going to be a very young team for a few years, it seems sensible to hire a coach that seems to be good at developing young players. If the Habs veteran players, particularly Gomez, Kaberle and Pleks, don’t like a no-nonsense coach, oh well.

• mchenske4 says:

I think ultimately the players decide if they want to win or play for a coach. Marc Crawford would have garnered that respect, plus he really wanted the job. I am so disappointed right now I want to mail all my Habs stuff to Mr. Molson and say thanks for the memories :(

6. DorvalTony says:

Gino “Reda.”

tony-mclean.blogspot.com

7. steve17 says:

I will give Therrien the benefit of the doubt. I wish the media had asked him directly, what he has done in the past 3 years to be a better coach? Be specific, not just ask how have you changed?

They should have asked him if he has taken or participated in any coaching clinics, done some reading, something other than watch games for RDS and give his opinions.

The last thing the Habs and us fans need is a one dimensional approach to the game that is passive defensive hockey.

Habfan17

• nunacanadien says:

What superstar is gonna wanna come and play for Therrien? What player in their right mind would want a nasty puppet like Therrien, knowing he is only hired to basically destroy the team.

Now we see the handwriting on the wall, the Toronto based real owners of the habs have the Maple Leafs talking as if they own the habs draft picks. This is probably the case.

Wake up Montreal! Your hockey team is owned by your biggest rival of all time, you are owned by Toronto owners who are destroying your team and the media is just eating it up!

• NCRhabsfan says:

What complete nonsense. Get a life!

• nunacanadien says:

Oh great, another year of Therrien butt kissers, as if enduring the time of Martin butt kissers on HIO who changed their stripes when it was politically correct. Well Therrien, as a man who calls a spade a spade, you are a bigot Therrien, you crap all over the only black player on the habs like he is some plague….when Subban is the future, or so we’ve been told. All I know is Subban has skill, he can hit when he wants, but his spinorama and give away all but throws that away. Why not just come out and say that instead Therrien? But no, we need to endure another go around with a different version of Gauthier/Martin/Cunneyworth this time the label is Bergevin/Therrien who report to a bunch of Toronto owners. Like as if they would be allowed to win. Win only enough to ensure gate sales, ok Montreal you got your man. As if enduring 50/50 with Carey was not bad enough, now we have a coach who can also only win half the time.

• habaddict_andy says:

I think he is referring to your nonsense comments you have been making over the years. Your comments are not half empty, they are empty cups.

Go! Hockey! Go!

• alfieturcotte says:

Great post and the Price 50/50 could not be more right.

• murfdog says:

Buddy, you have to go on something else, I ‘ve seen you write this crap over and over. This is the way it goes, there not doing anything for the leafs. Nobody would buy a NHL team to sink them to hopefully boost another team. Your outta your mind, careys not bad, he cant go out there to score and that was there problem they counld’t put the puck in the net. therrien will acually show emotion behind the bench, if the ref makes a bad call he’ll let them know unlike martin or cunnyworth carbo, crawford would have been nice but dont forget back in the day when the gold medel was on the line in the shoot out he put 2 D’s in to shoot before gretzky, the greatest goal scorer ever. no body wants to hear that crap your writing about toronto based owners blah blah blah.

8. Hali_Hab says:

This game is BORINGGG!!!!!!

9. Coach K says:

I can’t say that I was a huge fan of Therrien getting a mulligan but after giving it a bit of thought I figured hey … why not? After all, who could possibly have more to prove to everyone in Montreal than Michel Therrien? That alone should be all the motivation he needs to get the most out of this collection of misfits. Fearless prediction: Next season will be highly entertaining!

—–”This is the only thing that has seen more parties than us.”—–
    Steven Tyler, Aerosmith’s lead singer, after admiring the Stanley Cup…

10. Trackpants says:

Well there you have it.. mixed reaction indeed….. So what we need to is bring in a heavy to fix this team? He will whip them right into shape…. because we all know, it wasn’t the extreme lack of mismanagement at the top of this organization that led us to this point… I suspect Cunny did not want to stay… who can blame him. I love the habs… I just hope MT remembers what it is like in Montreal when the habs aren’t winning. Remember what Ron Burgundy had to do before they would serve him??

=TP

11. sreuel says:

So if the habs start out slow and fall behind a lot then will Crawford or Roy take over. Who will be the assistants as they just fired them today

12. Rainrocket16 says:

The stubbs paragraph was interesting. Makes you wonder who that free agent was/is. Frankly I don’t care. It is an improvement from last season already, sit back and enjoy come fall.

• topher5468 says:

I would love to know who that was. My thoughts are that it had to be a former Penguin. Oh well, I guess we’ll never know.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

• steve17 says:

I look at it this way, he may have been one of those slackers who’s butt, Therrien had to kick. People with a solid work ethic and professional outlook don’t mind task masters who push them and insisit they work hard. It is the floaters who hate them. Keenan was one of the toughest task masters and Pronger credits him with saving his career!

Habfan17

13. Un Canadien errant says:

Hey all you quitters on this thread, we got to 2000 on the previous thread no thanks to youze guys.

Jimmy is out of ER and recovering nicely.

———————————
    In the very long view, it is important that kids growing up in Québec love the Canadiens and recognize themselves in the team, and a bit of the team in themselves. There must be a strong, visceral, emotional connection between the fans and leurs Glorieux.

14. jrshabs1 says:

As long as the French media is happy..that’s all that really maters. Apparently the 2nd coming did come in 2012. Water to wine and miracles are sure to be forthcoming.

Go Habs Go!!

15. ogilthorpe says:

If it’s true that Staahl won’t come to play in Montreal if Therrien is coach then that in itself proves that it was a bad hire and a missed opportunity…..PLEASE prove me wrong in my opinion……

16. Bill H says:

I think Therrien is an excellent hire. He will get the most out of players and take us deep into the playoffs. Maybe even to our glorious 25th Cup.

On the other hand, I think this is the worst that can possibly happen to our team. The players will revolt and we will never make the playoffs.

Hey, I’m just laying the groundwork now so that I can say I told you so later on. Are there any other bases I need to cover, just to make sure I make a correct prediction?

17. habfan53 says:

With everything I’ve heard in the last 2 days I have not seen or heard of an alternate choice.
    Forget Hartley he’s signed, That leaves Roy, Carbo, Crawford maybe Robinson, Sutter, Murray, Wilson my choice Denis Savard.
    If you take these coaches and leave language out of it:
    Wilson and Crawford no playoffs in last 5 years each (losers)
    Robinson don’t think he wants to be Head coach stepped down twice in N.J.
    Sutter will probably end up in Edmonton but still did not do much with Calgary.
    Denis Savard Probably little short on NHL experience
    Roy NO NHL experience
    Look what happened to the last 5 Mtl. coaches with no NHL experience.
    That leaves Carbo and Murray and I’ll take Therrien over both.

If you have someone else please because I have not heard anybody put another name forward.
    Like the DODGERS “Wait till next year”

• LizardKing12 says:

Unfortunately the truth is that there was not much available in terms of experienced NHL coaches. I think I would’ve liked to see Gerrard Gallant get the job, he has experience as a head coach in the NHL and since he went back to junior he’s won the OHL championship twice in three years and been to the finals in all 3, he’s been to 2 memorial cup finals and won one. His winning percentage in Junior with the Sea Dogs is .790 and from what I’ve seen he coaches a pretty exciting system (although I’ve seen very few sea dogs games).

Back to the main point, there weren’t really any coaches with NHL experience that are by far and away better than Therrien. However, I think the majority of fans were excited about a new group of management and a fresh look/approach to the team and bringing back a link to previous failures is tough to swallow. He’s been out of a job since early 2009 and since he has been fired 22 teams have changed their head coach at least once and he only got consideration in NJ and Minnesota. NJ went with a coach who had never made the playoffs and the Wild went with one of MT’s former assistants.

Above all else my personal beef with Therrien is the fact that he is not a players coach. He is an old school disciplinarian and in today’s NHL that does not work very well. Sure he might be able to whip the team into shape initially but that act wears thin pretty fast. Players nowadays play harder for Kirk Muller type coaches who are friendly and get involved with their players. Especially after the tight lipped regime of JM and PG I think the players needed a coach that was more player friendly.

• habfan53 says:

Gallant is the first alternate that I have heard and you might be right Thank you for expanding the list.
        As for Therrien I think you will see a VERY different man behind the bench. He will be demanding but I also think he will be more player friendly. Watching him last night he said he had been talking to a sports psychologist and planned to continue so he could handle players better.

Like the DODGERS “Wait till next year”

• LizardKing12 says:

If he is seeing a sports psychologist that is very good news. Although he wasn’t my choice and I’ve never been a fan of his I would love for him to succeed because that means the Habs will do well. If he is truly trying to become more of a players coach and get some insight on how to handle each individual differently this is very good news. A guy like PK needs to be handled differently than Josh Gorges, if Therrien firgures that out and pushes the right buttons he might be successful. Either way let’s hope the Habs turn things around and make there way into the leagues elite within the next few years!

• boing007 says:

Just what we need, a basket case for head coach.
          Perhaps he should consider a couple of months at a Zen monastery instead.

Richard R
          Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

• murfdog says:

Your 100 % right, back in the day thats how coachs were, if they didnt like ya most of the time still played for you. you hear guys that scotty bowmen coached and they said he’s a great coach but hate his guts. you have to be 1 with the players now, they dont like ya it will show and you ‘ll be out the door.

18. Gumper Knows Best says:

good bye Randy and Randy

Suite à mon embauche, j’ai pris la décision de mettre en place un nouveau personnel d’entraîneurs adjoints. Par respect pour Randy Cunneyworth et Randy Ladouceur, je considère qu’il était important que je les avise de cette décision sans délai, de manière à leur permettre d’entamer rapidement la recherche d’un nouvel emploi », a indiqué Michel Therrien, nouvel entraîneur-chef du club, via communiqué.

Fire Therrien!!!

(is it too soon?)

20. derfab says:

Good choice. He is experienced, credible, tough and will insist on commitment. One more key hiring has to be a talented assistant-right hand man.

21. Captain aHab says:

Cunney and Ladouceur both out.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

22. Un Canadien errant says:

Nice job done here compiling all the articles and comments on the Michel Therrien hire. I guess I got my bedtime reading lined up.

———————————

23. HabFanSince72 says:

Here in all his racist glory is Bertrand Raymond:

“S’il avait fallu qu’il opte pour Marc Crawford après que ses deux premières embauches aient été anglophones, en la personne de Rick Dudley et de Scott Mellanby, c’en aurait été trop aux yeux des amateurs …”

“If he had dared to pick Marc Crawford after having hired two anglophones, Rick Dudley and Scott Mellanby, it would have been too much for the fans …”

This guy is really a cancer.

If Molson and Bergevin were influenced by his ilk they’re very weak indeed.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Kooch7800 says:

Sad part is i am sure that had something to do with it. My problem with the hiring is i think we are even less attractive to free agents now then were already were……

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• Big Ted says:

There’s no doubt in my mind either that Bertrand Raymond is racist and values hiring someone who speaks French above all else. Good on Tony Marinaro for calling him out on it. With people like Raymond and Chantelois and Brunet pressuring the team publicly to put language first, it’s no wonder we start out at a disadvantage in terms of options. Then the very same people chastise the team for not winning, when their own bigotry and impatience are what direct us their in the first place. Give me Houde, Lavoie, Damphousse, Denis, etc. any day, but someone needs to put a muzzle on those other idiots doing their best to put politics ahead of winning.

• boing007 says:

Better still, give them their own hour long show and see how long it runs. Something that I suggested should have been done with Ann Coulter several years ago. Give them free rein to spew out their vituperative venom at will and we’ll see how much their popularity rises or falls. If it falls, great. If it rises, then we have a serious problem on our hands.

Richard R
        Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

24. Leucotome says:

A healthy team will make any coach look like a saint next season.

25. LizardKing12 says:

So according to Francois Gagnon Therrien is a better option than Crawford and Hartley because with the talent on those teams they should have won more than one cup? That seems to disregard the fact that Therrien couldn’t even get it done once with a team equally as stacked…

• shiram says:

See all these agendas? They are getting pushed.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Gagnon is a lapdog and he would have said the same thing about Hartley.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Marc10 says:

Dude. They lost to the Detroit Red Wings – a better, more experienced team. The Wings have made the playoffs 17 odd years in a row. They are consistently a contender. This was the first year the Crosby Pens got their act together and made it far and you expect a win right out of the gate? Come on. That’s completely unfair and you know it.

Look, I agree when you question the whole language thing. But you’ve got to stop putting on the blinders. When guys say Therrien is a failure as a coach because his young Pens went 6 games in the Stanley Cup Final against the Wings and then he wore out his welcome (he’d been at them for 3 years), it’s a bit much.

No wonder francophones want to protect their homies… I get it after reading stuff like that.

• LizardKing12 says:

Did you not read my comment at all? I’m saying that Gagnon is being a bit ridiculous when he says that Therrien is a better coach than Crawford and Hartley because they should have won more cups with the team they had. At least they were able to win a cup with their stacked teams. Yes Detroit was a very good team and making the finals that year was a big accomplishment for Therrien. To say that he is better because Hartley and Crawford only won one cup is not taking into account that Detroit, NJ and Dallas all had very good teams in the Years that Crawford and Hartley coached the Avs and the fact that Therrien despite having a very talented team does not have a stanley cup.

26. Sir.Plekers says:

This therrien guy is a tool……………….I hope LA can win the cup so we can move on to the Euro cup which will probaley produce more scoring then these cup finalls.Go ukraine in euros!

GO HABS GO

Habs played without a captain last year… maybe a better choice than Therrien would have been playing without a coach this season.

28. Habsolutely says:

‘If it feels like he’s the equivalent of the person you ask to the prom after the rest of your high school is busy going with other people and/or washing their hair, it’s because he is.”

bahahahahaha.

29. Captain aHab says:

So based on last year, what do y’all think would be a good performance this year?

A) Just missing the playoffs
    B) Squeeze in in the 8th spot
    C) 4-5 spot in the East
    D) Tops in the East
    E) Win the Cup
    F) Tankorama baby – McKinnon or Bust

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

30. Mattyleg says:

There once was a coach nicknamed ‘Therry’
    Whose after-game outbursts were scary.
    Will his Habs ‘D’ be ‘soff’?
    Will he stay? Be shipped off?
    I guess those are all up to Carey.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

31. Here’s what will make the new coach a success.

He’ll have Markov a full season.

Subban will have an outstanding third year.

Kaberle will hit 40 points.

His number one line of will be 30 points better than last year.

Plekanec will bounce back.

Gionta and Gomez will be better.

Carey Price will hit 45 wins.

and none of it will be Therrien’s doing but he’ll get all the credit. That’s what I see happening. Now back to summer! :)

They Call Me Shane
    “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
    Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

32. JohnBellyful says:

Good gawd, another thread on Therrien’s hiring. Aren’t we all commented-out?

33. Captain aHab says:

Quite frankly, I don’t care who the coach is as long as the team performs.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.