Therrien puts end to Subban-Price post-game celebration

P.K. Subban  is back with the Canadiens, but his triple low-five, post-game victory celebration with goaltender Carey Price is history.

Coach Michel Therrien confirmed after practice Friday that he has outlawed the move because it doesn’t fit with his team-first philosophy. Therrien said the entire team will mark victories by raising their sticks and saluting the fans.

“I always like teams that are humble,” Therrien told reporters after practice. “And it’s a team concept. It’s starts with that. In life I think you have to be humble. And we have to respect the game. We have to respect the other team. And we have to respect our fans. And the way we decided to celebrate this year when we win a hockey game at the Bell Centre is to at least to salute their fans. They deserve it.”

Subban said he’s starting to get more familiar with Therrien’s new system as he watches videotape and is on the ice with the coaches.

“Obviously, I’ve been extremly anxious for a long time to get back on the ice,” Subban said. “I was talking to (teammate Brandon Prust) today about how good I felt out there and just to be back on the ice.

“I think that we’ve got a great opportunity this year,” Subban added. “It’s a shortened season. It’s anybody season to really go out and make the best of it. It’s a sprint. It’s not a marathon. So the quicker I can get back on the ice and feeling good and being a part of the team, the better off I’m going to be.”

Therrien wouldn’t confirm if Subban would be in the lineup Saturday at the Bell Centre against the Buffalo Sabres (2 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN 690 Radio).

“You can practise game situations, but being in a game is different,” Therrien said. “You can’t just say: ‘He’s a good athlete, let’s throw him out there.’ It doesn’t happen like that.

“We’ll make the decision on what’s best for the team and what’s best for the return of a defenceman.”

(Photo by Peter McCabe/The Gazette)

1. gumper says:

I agree that the low five has grown old and should have been dropped about the same time Price had lost his enthusiasm for it. Quite some time ago, in other words. However, I’m not thrilled with MT asserting some sort of authoritarian ban on how players celebrate. Would have been much better if Carey had just taken PK aside and said, “Enough with that already.” I imagine it wouldn’t have been too hard for MT to make that happen. This just smacks of “Mine’s bigger than yours.” Only people who feel insecure about their level of control resort to pulling rank.

2. Bill says:

Michele Therrien Job Interview – The Lost Transcript

Bergevin: Good afternoon, Michelle.

Therrien: It’s “Michel”, actually.

Bergevin: Oh, sorry. Thank you for coming in Michel, I am truly grateful for your time, however I have to say I have no real interest in you, so I will ask you only one question out of politeness before I give this job to Patrick Roy, okay?

Therrien: Fair enough. Make it an easy question though, after all that time on l’antichambre, I am somewhat soff in the head.

Bergevin: Okay, here it is. What do you think is the biggest problem the Montreal Canadiens have right now?

Therrien: Oh, that IS easy. It’s PK Subban.

Bergevin: Ok, that’s all the time we have, I need to call Patrick now, thank you Michel … wait, what did you say?

Therrien: PK Subban. He’s the whole problem with the Canadiens right now. Everything is because of him.

Bergevin: Are you saying that as head coach of the Canadiens, your top priority would be to solve the problem of our incredibly talented, immediately successful second-year defenceman, who led the team in ice-time last year and also led our defence in scoring?

Therrien: Exactly. He’s a phenomenal player and I hate his guts and he must be stopped.

Bergevin: OMG, I feel exactly the same way! Denise, hold my calls!

Therrien: He ruined everything. I mean, just look at what has happened to Scott Gomez since PK arrived in Montreal. His non-stop effort and youthful enthusiasm have taken all the joy out of poor Scott’s life. Gomez used to love rushing the puck up the ice and turning it over at the opponent’s blue-line. Now when he does it, he can barely crack a smile. It breaks my heart.

Bergevin: Okay, I’m interested … but how would you handle this.

Therrien: Well, first thing … we gotta keep this real quiet. We gotta be professional, right?

Bergevin: Of course. The Montreal Canadiens are synonymous with class.

Therrien: Ok, so first thing, you low-ball his contract offer and tell him if he doesn’t like it he can just stay in Toronto.

Bergevin: Done. Next?

Therrien: I’ll tell the press he’s not a team player and that when he comes back the first thing we gotta do is sit down and have a long talk about how he can be a better person.

Bergevin: Wow, that’s so subtle.

Therrien: And then when he signs, I’ll act like I didn’t get the memo and I’ll tell the press I don’t know when he’ll play, even though it’s a lock-out year and none of the other players are in game shape either.

Bergevin: Won’t that make you look incompetent?

Therrien: Not by the standards I established the FIRST time I had this job. Besides, if the journalists weren’t dumber than me, they’d be in here with you right now, not me.

Bergevin: Well, you’d have to play him eventually …

Therrien: This is the best part. When I finally let him practice with the team – after our publicly announced private meeting to go over “team play” – I put him on the third d-pairing with Bouillon!

Bergevin: Third pairing? But he led the team in ice-time last year.

Therrien: I know, what a slap in the face, eh? That’ll teach him a lesson.

Bergevin: Is there anything else we can do to publicly undermine him and turn what should be our best asset into a public controversy and a pariah?

Therrien: Sure. We tell him and Price to stop flashing those gang-signs after a win.

Bergevin: Are you sure the triple low-five is a gang sign?

Therrien: I think EVERYTHING those two guys do is a gang sign. I could be wrong, but I could also be white … er, right.

Bergevin: So basically, as coach of the Canadiens, you want to show everyone who’s boss, make it about you, and squash the ego of our best young player to prove yourself?

Therrien: It’s all about humility, Marc.

Bergevin: Wow, I am sold. You’ve got the job, Michel!

Therrien: Call me “Mike”.

Full Breezer 4 Life

3. mdp2011 says:

Tomorrows game can’t come soon enough so we can get off this ridiculous topic. Lets go back to whining about DD not being big enough, making up a million excuses for Eller, and debating whether or not Markov’s knee will hold up.

4. Danno says:

Attention -

Any fans caught shouting PK! PK! PK! will be escorted out of the Bell Centre and have all future access privileges revoked.

We thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.

The Bell Centre Management Team

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

5. ed lopaz says:

what are the chances Therrien is still coaching the Habs 10 or even 12 years from now?

what are the chances that Bergevin is still the GM 10 or 12 years from now?

But unless the Habs are stupid, Price and Subban should still be Habs 10 years from now.

So I could care less about the superstitious high five, low five, or the head butting the other players do after a win. Its really all the same superstitious stuff that athletes do because they believe it will help them continue the winning streak to next game.

What I care about is that Price and Subban want to remain Habs through 2023 and beyond, because I believe they both have the potential to play that long at the highest level at their positions.

So whatever “changes” you plan on making Therrien, make sure the PLAYERS understand them and are not holding long term grudges against you and the team over them.

Keeping Price and Subban happy is just as important as keeping them humble.

6. Habilis says:

I see alot of posters angry with this and I just don’t get it.

This is not like the Yakupov celebration in any way, shape or form. Therrien is banning something that was pre-planned and only happened at the end of a game, not goal celebrations.

Now I have no problem with celebrations for big goals, as long as there’s no taunting involved. But if I’m being honest, watching Price and PK do the mini hot-dog thing after each win got old fast. It’s great that they are excited, but especially on a team that won as rarely as they did last year, it started to look kind of sad.

If they had done it on the way to a Cup, I’d be ok with it. I bet Therrien would too. But they are trying to change the culture, not reinforce last year’s habits. The new fan salute involves everyone, it’s an extension of the coach’s team concept. I think it’s the right move.

Just my opinion.

• twilighthours says:

I would agree with you if this was a one-off. But Therrien is on record as wanting to improve PK the person, and everything that’s happened with PK so far this year has been about breaking him down.

• ed lopaz says:

Bergevin chose Therrien knowing this, Twilight, so the organization is supporting Therrien all the way on this project to change Subban.

Subban is not a kid anymore. He will have to decide for himself whether he likes the organization’s philosophy to change his character or whether he doesn’t.

• Don Carnage says:

You are right on that, I was listening to team990 tonight and they were talking about PK asking each other what they thought was behind what Gorges and Markov had said about PK being back and they all agreed that where there is smoke there is fire and that if Markov or Georges wanted to nip it in the bud they both as veterans could have simply said oh we are glad PK is back and it would have ended, but NEITHER one saw fit to nip it in the BUD knowing all to well here in Montreal we would see the message they wanted to put forward, Bergevin and Therrien are both on the same page and so are the OLDER guys PK has great RAW talent but needs to do some serious growing up and I am sure this is all part of the plan , he has 2 years to fit in and put the team first if not he is will shipped off simple as that.

• mdp2011 says:

not quit, Therrien might have said those words but it was not what he meant, it got lost in translation. In French, what he said had a completely different meaning, something along the lines of growing as a person, not making a better person.

• JF says:

I’m glad you pointed this out. People have been harping on Therrien’s so-called desire to make Subban a “better” person, when he didn’t actually say that at all. It’s so easy for meanings to get lost in translation – like last year, when Cammalleri’s comment that the Habs had a losing mentality was mistranslated as the Habs were losers.

• ed lopaz says:

JF,

Therrien believes Subban is flamboyant and too flashy. Therrien wants to “change” Subban into being more reserved, and more humble.

In French or English, it’s the same.

I saw Therrien on Antichambre several times and I understand French perfectly.

• K-hab25 says:

Come on Ed, Subban, is to full of himself and could be a better player if he thoght of his teammates as highly as he does himself. Well in my opinion anyway.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Good point, mdp. Any chance you can find the French and post it here? Then we could all exercise our amateur textual analysis and bilingual deconstruction skills for a while, providing a welcome break from our amateur psychoanalytic and socio-anthropological evaluation skills.

• Danno says:

This is exactly what Michel Therien said in regards to PK in English:

“I want to make the player better. But I want to make him a better person.”

Source: Transcript of the interview by Dave Stubbs from the Gazette:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. showey47 says:

I’m guessing PK is playing tomorrow if he is paired with boullion in practice. Otherwise he would have be paired with either weber or kaberle who would be sitting if PK plays.

8. Habfan10912 says:

I see both sides but for me its not such a big issue. I think our friend k-hab said it best. A celebration excluding the entire team is what the issue is. Other then that its a “who cares” issue for me. I’m guessing its a non issue for PK and Carey as well.
    ———————————–

• JohnBellyful says:

Agree, Jim. Just some much-needed fodder for comment after all the other subjects have been exhaustively examined.
      I must say, I hate it in soccer and football, when the person who scores races away from his teammates as they move toward him to offer congratulations. Now that’s being self-centered.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

So, so true.
        And so often, the guy who deflected it in represented only 25% of the play-making that went in to setting it up, losing the defender, sending in the cross.

Mind you, in a sport that features so very little scoring, we should probably make allowances for the utter elation experienced by strikers when, surprise surprise, they put the ball in the back of the net.

9. showey47 says:

Lucky for ths avs therrien isn’t their coach. I’d like to see him try to stop this winning celebration.

10. Buzz Lightbeer says:

Mountains out of mole hills. I’m sure the players don’t care,probably a little more concerned with winning games.
    Is Ferrence still allowed to give us the high 1??

11. Strummer says:

What did Price have to say about it?
    He never looked a enthusiastic as PK did about the low-five.

Anyway can they ban PK from jumping into the glass after he scores a goal?

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

12. Mr. Biter says:

Me thinks MT and PK are going to have an interesting relationship this year and next.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

13. JohnBellyful says:

The main thing is, Therrien is still allowing guys to pat goalscorers on the bum after a goal. Imagine what Cherry would say if MT had banned THAT celebration.

14. Chris says:

Michel Therrien telling P.K. Subban to be more humble and a better person strikes me as somewhat akin to Keith Richards telling kids not to do drugs.

Hey Michel…when P.K. Subban’s “antics” cost the Habs a playoff series, maybe you can start lobbing rocks at his greenhouse. Until then…

15. Habs will also be told to stand at attention like the Cold War Soviet players did. They didn’t flinch. You think Subban can stand still?

___________________________________________

Exploring the Habs history at Le Tir, et Le But! Follow me on Twitter

16. Dunboyne Mike says:

Anyone remember how the Soviets celebrated goals in the Summit Series? I wonder who banned that. (Or do they still celebrate that way in the KHL?)

17. RiverviewCanadien says:

Good.

That is all.

Carry on with your whining.

18. sCOTT1243 says:

So did MT also ask the players not to celebrate after scoring…. “Lets all skate back to the bench with our heads down, be humble”. Kill the kids enthusiasm before his first game back…

I say ban everything, especially the ridiculous cirque du soleil torch ceremony! They should have taken that torch and burned a leafs jersey at centre ice, now thats entertainment.

Concentrate on stuff that matters, like winning games. Raising a stick to the fans after a game…overplayed and weak.

19. First the Habs low ball Subban, then they take away his triple low.

Did Therrien ban any Penguins victory celebrations? What’s next, no raising a stick or going to the bench to celebrate a goal?

Whether done in private or not, you know Rick Moffat would probably be the first to question why it didn’t happen and we’d find out anyway.

I’m not sure where Therrien gets the idea that it disrespects the fans though.

___________________________________________

Exploring the Habs history at Le Tir, et Le But! Follow me on Twitter

20. K-hab25 says:

It’s individualistic, a celebration between two players, not a team celebration, why is that hard to understand. No matter how good those two are, it takes 17 other guys to succeed, I’m sorry, but I get it.

• ZepFan2 says:

After most football games you’ll see a few of the guys get down on their knees saying a prayer. Not everyone on the team is involved. Should that be banned?

———————————————————————-
      Ka is a wheel.

For Your Life

• K-hab25 says:

I’m an athiest, wrong guy to ask!! :-)

• ZepFan2 says:

It’s still a legitimate question. Except for atheists that is.

———————————————————————-
          Ka is a wheel.

For Your Life

• K-hab25 says:

I don’t think spontaneous celebration is the issue, it’s the “planned” celebration between two guys.

• twilighthours says:

Kinda like that “planned” stick wave at the end of the game.

• ZepFan2 says:

Spontaneous??

It would be spontaneous if it rarely happened. These prayer meetings happen after every game.

———————————————————————-
            Ka is a wheel.

For Your Life

• Mr. Biter says:

Mostly players from both teams kinda group around together after the game. Cannot ever see this happening in hockey espiclly after say a Habs vs.Bruins game. Game officials would have to oversee the prayer meetings before a fight broke out.
          Actually it’s interesting they do it after football games which is the most violent game around. Seems that football players after almost all college and NFL games even go and shake hands and talk with their opponents when the game ends.

Mr. Biter
          No Guts No Glory

• twilighthours says:

Makes you wonder about hockey, eh? If football players can all be friends at the end of the game, why can’t hockey players? As you say, football is more violent.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Likewise rugby players. After Six Nations matches (Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Italy – tournament starts this weekend, always intense), the two teams sit down for dinner together.

Twilight, I have also often wondered about the absence of this in hockey, on the ice anyway. Could it be to do with the amount of grey area there is in the game as regards contact?

• ZepFan2 says:

Not every football player is friendly with their opponents. Just take Lyle Alzado or Dick Butkus for example.

———————————————————————-
            Ka is a wheel.

For Your Life

• Mr. Biter says:

Not talking about all football players. Nitchke and Butkas would have bought out the roit police after a Packers/Bears game.

Mr. Biter
            No Guts No Glory

21. Dunboyne Mike says:

TSN is quoting Don Meehan:

“I know everyone thought the holdout was because PK was asking for too much money. But in fact, it was about the triple low five. When Bergevin insisted on banning it, we were able to point out a safety clause allowing for a double low three. In fact PK waived his no-trade-clause in exchange for this one.

“So now the Montreal media is hyping the ban on the triple low five. But if fans watch closely, they’ll see PK and Carey engaging in contractually acceptable double low threes, and there will be no disagreement from Therrien.”

Go Habs

22. JohnBellyful says:

It’s good thing Therrien nipped this in the bud.
    I heard Price and PK were planning to slide down the ice after each win, with their hands clasped together, held high.
    It SHOULD be a team celebration, done subtly, with each player giving a little nod to the crowd accompanied by a modest forefinger salute that starts with touching the right eyebrow.and then lifting off slightly.

23. Bill says:

For once it would seem that of HIO agrees on something: the stick-raise “celebration” to the fans after a win is embarrassing and lame. I can’t believe we finally achieved unanimity!

• Chris says:

Put me in the minority on this one: I actually don’t mind that gesture at all. The Guelph Storm have been doing that for almost a decade, and I’ve always thought it was a nice gesture, as a paying fan.

In general, most of the players just mail it in, but you can see some that really are appreciative.

• Bill says:

We were so close … but there’s always one, isn’t there?

Full Breezer 4 Life

• K-hab25 says:

I’m only responding because I respect your opinion so much, but can’t you see the no individualistic celebrations POV, win as a team, lose as a team POV.

• Chris says:

I can see it, but I honestly think it is largely irrelevant.

I never actually cared for the triple low-five, but a lot of kids just loved that thing. My analogy would be Jar Jar Binks. I couldn’t stand that character, nor could anybody else my age who grew up with the original Star War trilogy. But I was coaching 8-10 year old boys soccer when The Phantom Menace came out and the kids just LOVED Jar Jar. It was at that point that I realized that I’m old.

If Subban and Price do something that the kids in the audience love, so be it. They’re the next fans of the team.

I just think Michel Therrien is crossing over into micromanaging with this type of thing. There is really no need to go there. Fight the important battles…this isn’t one of them. Therrien just comes across looking like a fuddy duddy. :)

24. Saintpatrick33 says:

What kind of mickey mouse bullshit is this? Low fives banned seriously? This is akin to a teacher in grade school saying no running in the halls. Just suck all the fun out of the game. Anyone else think that this is completely idiotic?

25. 100HABS says:

I have no problem squashing the low five, but this should have been done in private IMO.

MT and MB felt they had to take PK down a notch. Fine. But just a notch! The signing. The waiting to play. The public humiliation – really, they are confirming the rumours of PK being too exuberant and publicly bringing him down. You don’t want to demoralize him or give him a grudge to carry. Truth is, his exuberance is part of what makes him great on the ice.

You bring him down too low and you can lose the player.

My opinion. Enough is enough. Now let him play.

• Danno says:

Agree 100%

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• Habilis says:

It was done in private. Price was just answering a reporter’s question about it.

• 100HABS says:

Watch Therrien’s speech on TSN.ca.

• Habilis says:

Also a response to a question. I get what you’re saying, but it’s not like Therrien strode to the podium and announced it. He was asked about it, so he answered honestly.

I still have no problem with this, and I don’t see why anyone would. The Devils don’t allow facial hair for pete’s sake.

• 100HABS says:

OK that facial hair thing is extreme. Thanks for putting it into perspective, as they do manage to win anyway – at least two cups with Lamoriello.

• Danno says:

Either Therien wanted the issue aired out in public or he did not. If Price took it upon himself to discuss it (without approval of Therien) then there is another needless controversy over a matter that was badly handled. If on the other hand Therien wanted to send a message to PK via the media then the coach is showing extremely poor judgment.

This is not the way to gain confidence of a player or to turn him into a “better person”.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• CanadienBoy says:

Let him play x2 we all had to be take down a few notch and only the strong come back stronger my feeling ,it won’t kill him and yes it not only him and Price but it was a full of himself Martin that let all that happen

26. Danno says:

test
    ________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

27. twilighthours says:

After every win, the players congratulate the goalie. The gesture is usually a head-bump or a face wash. But the players congratulate the goalie.

When Subban low-fives Price, he is congratulating him. It just isn’t quite as stoic, boring, go-thru-the-motions. For some reason, this irks the hockey establishment.

This move by Therrien is pathetic.

“I want to make the player better. But I want to make him a better person.” Coach Michel Therien on PK Subban

28. Say Ash says:

Wait. Wait. Surely, Cole is still allowed to high-five the ref.

29. Dunboyne Mike says:

Halak NEVER did the triple low five with PK. The more you look at that trade…

30. twilighthours says:

Players say they don’t watch the news or read the papers. Well, every player should, as his next coach might be a media talking (writing) head (hand) just licking his lips in anticipation for how he will deconstruct the player and help the player become a better person.

31. Thomas Le Fan says:

I have to say I prefer players who are cool and act like they’ve done it before. A little tilt of the stick after a goal unless it’s the cup winner or something big but they’re young, they’re having fun and winning is a good thing. Therrien always struck me as a bit of a dick, anyway. If he wins, I’ll give him a pass.

32. forskis says:

The no triple low five thing is silly…it is just because it is PK…why didn’t Therrien say it at the beginning of the season that he would ban Price from doing it? Fans and some media complain of boring, vanilla players who all say the same thing and here we have SOME personality and they need to stamp it down. One thing I will give Therrien credit is that his media opinion of what should be done is not changing now that he is behind the bench, so at least he is being consistent….but there goes some of the fun for the fans.

Does that mean the high fives down the bench after a goal are out? Is the individual fist pump also banned as well as the group hug? Acting like “been there, done that” can also be taken as arrogant as any individual or different celebration.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

• Danno says:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

We had an unbelievably crappy year last season, and maybe the low 5 was entertaining in desperate times. It was the first two or three times, way back when, and it didn’t get seen enough last year, since the team didn’t win enough.
      It’s clear that PK is going to be brought into the team. Good. It’s clear that his tendency to showboat /seek the spotlight is unpopular with the coaches. Good. The low 5 was a 2 man routine, from the 2 young stars. Celebrating with the team seems fine to me. The salute is boring, but they could all ride their sticks gangnam style if they wanted – as a team.
      Mmm, maybe not.
      They may need the over celebration in the NFL, because 75% of the game is guys lining up for little bursts of action. If they didn’t showboat, the drunks would pass out before it was over.
      But hockey has its ways, and I find Yakupov and Ovechkin and Subban a bit over the top. You thank the guy who passed to you before you thank yourself (or you thank the guy who protected you from the rush before you thank your football loving deity a la Tebow).
      I really don’t care about individual quirks and ceremonies in hockey – I prefer a beautiful three way set up for an open net goal over some guy celebrating his genius because another player’s slapper bounced off his cup and into the net.

It’s a team game and I am excited to see PK playing it again. He got a little lost last year, but he’s smart enough to find his way back.

33. This won’t last long.

I didn’t lke him back then. I didn’t like him when he coached the Pens, and not even a Canadiens Stanley Cup will make me like this guy.

He is all wrong, all the time.

Every fan at the Bell should turn and triple low five after every win.

Stupid rule, it would be like telling players not to cheer after a goal.

stupid stupid stupid

But man this will create a ton of click :lol:

edit: removed extra content by repeating myself :lol:

They Call Me Shane
    “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
    Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Get yourself down off that fence, Sholi!

• hehe, I’m a bit slow, what does that mean?

They Call Me Shane
        “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
        Shane Oliver
        Twitter @Sholi2000
        Custom Sports Figures

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Not slow at all! Probably a transatlantic thing — typically, over here, say over pints, and someone goes on a major rant about someone/something, someone else will say, “Go on say what you REALLY mean!” Or “Get off the fence!”.

I’m laughing because everyone else here is giving Therrien a bit of a honeymoon, especially with more Ws than Ls so far. And me, I actually AM on the fence, waiting to see how it goes.

But you are pure! It’s great.

• Ahhhhh I see. Yes I have been waiting for his first stupid act, because some people don’t change. There will be more. :lol:

They Call Me Shane
            “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
            Shane Oliver
            Twitter @Sholi2000
            Custom Sports Figures

34. twilighthours says:

Excellent. I prefer my hockey players emotionless, uncharismatic, and full of cliches. This move by Therrien gets me one step closer.

35. 100HABS says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like the sticks lifted at centre ice at the end of game?

It seems fake. It’s like forcing a kid to say “Thank you” when they don’t necessarily want to. Let them get off the ice smiling and congratulating one another.

UNLESS it was a team decision to do this. But I think it was imposed by management.

36. The Cat says:

Doesnt Price do a chest pump after winning a shootout? Will Therrien be forced to ban that too, so as to not look like he was discriminating toward PK?
    (Yes Im assuming the triple low 5 was PKs initiative).

• Danno says:

Some of the players smile after they score a goal. Is that still OK?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• nbhabs says:

This no low five thing reminds me of something Mario Tremblay would’ve said and we all know how that ended. As far as I’m concerned Subban is a young guy with alot of passion which can excuse him for acting like a jacka$$ sometimes, whats Therriens excuse.

• K-hab25 says:

Who does he chest bump, the invisible man? He’s out there by himself, PK and Price have their own celebration, separate, from the team. Why don’t you get that?

• savethepuck says:

I would bet that Therien has also talked to Price about the Hulk Hogan pose after a shootout win etc…this has nothing to do with singling out PK. It’s about a coach wanting his team to look professional.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price

37. JayK-47 says:

If this is the best drama we can come up with, I’m liking this year a LOT

38. The Dude says:

So no celebrating goals like Nail or Williams either? I have an idea for Therrien…instead of worrying about two real good hockey players and their Hi-5 ing ,why don’t you find a replacement for Armstrong and Kaberle “send them back to the laffs” and get us a big boy “a la Scott” so we don’t get beat up anymore!

39. Dunboyne Mike says:

Ok, here’s a question about the Buffalo game and John Scott. Is a particular fight already pencilled in for him? Does he have to seek out each team’s toughest guy and prove he’s tougher? Or does Ruff keep him chained up and release him sparingly, old-style enforcer?

Might be a good poll: do the Montreal Canadiens want/need a John Scott?

• nbhabs says:

I find it hilarious that the Bruins fans are complaining about John Scott, their the biggest goon sqaud going. Karma is a biatch mr.thorton, what goes around comes around.

• The Dude says:

Or a Paros or even better a Lucic type big boy

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Thanks gents. Myself, I prefer to see a winner built without recourse to a goon/enforcer. It is possible, isn’t it? We have a lot of different appetites on this site, and I accept that lots of people would prefer to have someone to take care of the Lucics (and dream about someone to take care of Chara). But I’d be part of the minority (?) who believe that there are other paths to victory. It’s partially why I was asking about the whereabouts of Un Canadien Errant who has been MIA. He is a much more articulate advocate for goon-free hockey than I am.

• The Cat says:

I would say old style.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

You’re probably right. So maybe if Emelin puts a couple of good clean hits on Vanek, say, we might expect Scott to lumber out and try to start something? It’s a bit sad how predictable it looks.

• The Cat says:

You got a point. I dont see Ruff being petty like that though, he seems like an honourable guy to me anyways.

• Phil C says:

Man, that Boston beatdown really got into the heads of Habs fans. The reality is that the Habs had owned Boston up to the point with one of the least tough and smallest teams in the league. In 09-10 the Habs won 5 of 6. In 10-11, the Habs won 4 of 6. The The Boston beatdown was really an expression of frustration for being owned by the Habs. Boston simply had no answer for the Habs’ speed and lethal PP, so they resorted to intimidation tactics. In the Chara hit incident game, the Habs won 4-1.

Even in the Bruins Cup winning year, the Habs took the big,bad Bruins to overtime in game seven. Claude Julien later said that the Canadiens were their toughest playoff series. In fact, Montreal should have finished them in game 3, but let them back in it. Boston were lucky to get out of the first round.

So the real question is: given how Montreal has owned the Bruins recently with speed, skill, zero toughness, and a good power play, why would they change anything?

My opinion is that you don’t try to out goon a bunch of goons, you are playing into their hands if you try. You beat them on your own strengths. The Habs are tough enough now that intimidation tactics will not work as well. That’s all the tough you need.

• twilighthours says:

The flip side of all that is that the Bruins totally gooned the President’s Trophy winners, and embarrassed them en route to winning the Cup.

I don’t think you need to try to outgoon the bruins, but we can’t ignore the fact that the Bruins won the cup by using a goon strategy.

• Phil C says:

“We can’t ignore the fact that the Bruins won the cup by using a goon strategy.”

I think the Habs have not ignored it by bringing in Prust, resigning Moen, and giving White the 4th line centre job. This should be enough.

The best lesson to learn from the Bruins is that your goons need to be able to play hockey as well. Chara is a perennial Norris finalist, Lucic can score 30, and Thornton can take a regular shift. John Scott does not fit that mold. Prust does.

FWIW, I think the Canucks would have rolled over the Bruins if Kesler had been healthy, but who knows.

• twilighthours says:

Yeah sorry I didn’t read your last paragraph the first time, which put the whole thing in perspective.

Re: finals, I don’t know… how many times can you get punched in the head before you do something about it?

• Phil C says:

I know, letting a little puke like Marchand treat your head like a punching bag should never be tolerated.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Healthy Kessler and Luongo being able to keep his nerve in Boston.

But you’d also have to negate whatever the League/Referee undertaking was to allow the Bruins to play so far outside the rules. I actually think obscene is the word for how those finals played out.

(And yet, while I’m ralphing into a tea-pot watching the Bruins celebrate, the Vancouver fans are acknowledging Lucic. It just shows you what a broad church hockey is).

40. nbhabs says:

Therrien is trying to play it old school, which will work as long as they win. If they start losing his coaching style will be put under the microscope. Coaches these days that try the old school approach works for a couple of years then players start to ask to be traded, then the old school coach gets fired. Therrien should stop worrying about being a life coach and stick to coaching hockey.

• B says:

It seems like his coaching style is already under the microscope, not a surprise in Montreal. I believe he is taking the approach he indicated he would in his interviews and which won him the job. I’m not sure how much leeway he will get from management if / when the team goes through lengthy struggles although I don’t think they had too lofty of expectations for this season. I suppose it would not be such a bad thing if he manages to get the team performing above expectations yet burns out his welcome quickly in the process. It will be interesting to see how things unfold and I expect no shortage of opinions along the way.

–Go Habs Go!–

41. The Jackal says:

I agree that this issue is a bit overplayed, but here’s my quick two cents on it.

If it really is MT thinking it has no place in hockey, and is not an attempt to change or constrain PK’s personality, then fine.
    However, if MT is doing this as part of his project of making PK a better person, then, it’s not ok.

Personally, I like the triple low five, and I don’t think it’s above the team. I like the attitude PK brings and I see him and other young stars as the future of the NHL. I think in a few years, there will be an attitude shift towards this.

Today though, the old-timers still run the show, and as we know, flashy celebrations by players from Ovi to Yak to PK have all been criticized and asked to be toned down.

So if MT is part of that crew, and it is not “personal,” then… I can live with that, and I think that those days are coming to an end either way. But if MT is actually trying to change PK, then that is worrying because I don’t think that will work, and I have a bad feeling that their personalities will end up clashing.

Time will tell!

42. pmaraw says:

this is one thing they should have kept behind closed doors. nobody would have been the wiser.

43. shootdapuck says:

Therrien would be better off banning the opposition goal scoring celebrations in his end!

=================================================
    The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
    “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”
    ” I have a pet peeve”

44. L Elle says:

L’affaire PK is getting dumber and weirder by the minute. Next we’re going to be discussing the guys’ choice of tooth paste. He must be bad in the room because he uses Ultra Brite, and we all know, only self-absorbed people use that brand. ;)

Let them work their crap out in the room, and let the kid play tomorrow. Give him limited minutes, who cares. Enough! I’m Pked out.

Two tough opponents coming up. Go Habs Go!

45. savethepuck says:

An awful lot of opinions here on a coach putting a stop to a celebration between 2 players. I think it’s nothing more than him stopping something that goes against the tradition of the sport. I see similarities between hockey and baseball, they have similar cultures, it is highly frowned upon to do over excessive celebrations or show boating. In baseball, for example when a player shows up a pitcher after a home run, it means there will be a bench clearing brawl or the next batter will have the next one thrown at his head. Showing an opponent up in hockey usually results in a punch in the face or a bench clearing brawl. These activities have become acceptable in football with ridiculous end zone celebrations, and basketball with the uncontested dunk turning into a player’s invitation to make a hi-lite reel like he was in a slam dunk contest, but these things are still not tolerated in hockey or baseball because of tradition.
    This is not a punishment to 1 or 2 players, it is simply a coach saying that it has no place in the sport.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

46. CCL says:

Let’s talk about the game tomorrow. Gonna be a good one with the Habs starting another winning streak.

• Andy and the habs says:

Let’s hope, after a bump in the road they get right back to where they were playing as a team and get back to winning. Back to back games against Buffalo and Ottawa are gonna proof to be tough though.

• Ehabs9 says:

I predicting a split of the weekend games. I suspect an up and down season as they play the new system (which I like for the most part so far). Could be pleasantly surprised and find them finishing with a good record though.

47. Dunboyne Mike says:

There’s a mental experiment we all need to do.

Imagine a non-hockey fan in your life who means something to you. Imagine them looking over your shoulder now and asking what you’re doing. You tell them you’re posting on a hockey chat site. They want to show interest, find a way into your world and what’s important to you. So they ask, what are you posting about? Imagine yourself explaining about the low-five thing, or trying to, trying to convey the profound importance of this issue and how there are 100s of posts from a great many people, been going on for a couple of hours.

Imagine trying to sell that. Imagine them struggling to get it. Imagine yourself beginning to wonder what the fuss is about.

Then they will accuse you of internet dating and file for divorce.

48. Andy and the habs says:

People are over reacting. PK is a young kid who is still growing up. I’m sure he’s gone through worse than being told not to do low 5. This is another learning experience for him. Maybe he learned that sometimes the team means more than a person, or he learned that Therrien is a tool had just wont do the low 5 no more. But that is all it is.

49. youngwun says:

I like what therrien is doing with this team first mentality. Team comes first no doubt!

50. Danno says:

It’s a mistake for Therien to try to turn PK into a “better person” by shaming him via the media.

While he claims to be trying to eliminate distractions, he is actually generating even more controversy.
    ________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• K-hab25 says:

Don’t think he is “shaming” him, as much as showing him how being team first, is more important than being a showman for the fans. Man I hate these conversations. PK is in my top 5 favorite players, yet everyday it seems I’m against “him.”

51. Da Hema says:

I can’t believe the legs this “issue” is getting, and the responses to it.

Thirty days ago, practically everyone here was condemning Subban as a “selfish, egoistic, individualist” for trying to negotiate the best contract he could. “Trade him to Florida for a bag of pucks,” people screamed. Today, Subban is a “poor, oppressed, star,” a victim of the Evil Tyrants in control of the Montreal Canadiens. “Free Subban!” people are screaming.

If tyrants and dictators around the world wished to justify their rule by showing the incoherence and dangerousness of the masses, they should use HIO as their definitive proof why mass democracy does not work.

52. Habfan17 says:

Let’s talk about something more fun!

Let’s say the Habs win the draft lottery and pick first. Would you;
    A) Pick Jones and then trade the 2 second round picks, Eller and Weber to get the 2nd overall pick and take Mackinnon?

B) Pick Jones and trade the 2 second round picks to get the 3rd overall pick and take Drouin?

C) Pick Mackinnon and trade a second round pick and Eller to get Droui at 3rd overall

Or something all togther different?

Habfan17

• Andy and the habs says:

Us getting the first over all? Maybe. But second over all by a trade consisting Eller, Weber and a second round pick to get Mackinnon? Straight up I would. That would be a terrible trade though for the other team.

• K-hab25 says:

Anyone with a brain does (A), but not sure any of it is realistic. Good post though.

Until Edmonton doesn’t win the lottery, I can’t imagine us or any other team winning it.

• Habfan17 says:

I think the NHL should call Edmonton for “diving” Maybe they should put a rule in that you can’t have a top 3 pick for more than two consecutive years! At this point the Oilers should be doing a lot better than they are!

Habfan17

• ABHabsfan says:

The 1st pick will henceforth be known as the “Oiler Pick”, followed by the 1st pick for the rest of the league and so-on

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
        Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• ABHabsfan says:

I would pick Jones 1st but I don’t think oyu can get 2nd or 3rd overall with Eller and 2 2nds. 2014 1st + a 2nd + Eller and maybe it works; and I would do it to pick MacKinnon or Drouin. Though I would pick NM over Drouin for no other reason than he just seems a little stronger.
      Including our allotted 2nd rnd pick, the Habs have 3 picks in the 2nd round this year

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• Habfan17 says:

Makes sense, I would find it hard to believe that if the Habs did win the 1st pick, that the team at 2nd would trade it with MacKinnon there, so I went with Drouin.

Habfan17

• jedimyrmidon says:

I don’t think 2nd round picks are gonna cut it for a Top 3 (or heck, even a Top 15) pick.

• Ehabs9 says:

Fun topic. Eller and a 2nd would fetch a low first rounder at best though. Even that’s doubtful.

If anything I’d say if we somehow end up with the 1st overall, you trade down to 3rd grab something in the process and take Drouin. As much as Jones would be great, the team is still thinnest up front prospect wise.

53. Habs_4_ever says:

In similar news, Gally(Brendan), will have to loose the smile. As a rookie he can not show more excitement than stodgy veterans. It’s just not acceptable.

————————
    “Leave the gun, take the cannoli.”

There were numerous articles involving interviews with Spacek, Gill and I think another former player this past off season. It seemed clear to me from these reports that the coach (JM) had virtually no communication with the players. Seems to me the dressing room became a place where there could have been all kinds of cliques, we hear over and over how Gomez and AK were so good in the room and got along so well.

I don’t know, but I think passengers were allowed to be passengers. I like that every player on this team is now being held to the same standards and is accountable. Yes perhaps the banning of triple low 5 sounds trite, but this is all part of the early stages in selling the buy-in for everyone to be part of this team.

Often a leader may need to go overboard to the opposite end of the spectrum when trying to change the way something like a team is to operate. I would think over time things will lighten up, but this is about an entire team having a cultural change to how they work together. Is it a bit extreme for now? Perhaps, but the goal behind this is to get all the players on the same page. I appreciate the change, and so far I enjoy watching the product on the ice moreso than how last season started, so I will give MT the benefit of the doubt.

I also think decisions like this involve MB, I highly doubt MT made this decision without MB being aware, so perhaps more scorn should go his way, for those that don’t agree.

• Don Carnage says:

Stop talking sense ! Where do you think you are ?

• Habfan17 says:

Great post!!

Habfan17

• habstrinifan says:

If you were in a position of leadership wouldnt you be sitting in your office saying enough is enough. Get the team together and show public support for Subban. I mean really what has he done that brings on this excessive focus on correcting him BY THE TEAM. It is not the media creating this. It is the team now!

How would this come across! “P.K came in and we talked and even laughed and went over many things. P.K is doing everything we hoped he would be doing..skating, studying the tapes, interacting with the coaches etc etc. And as a coach I like his effort and look forward to his contribution to our team.

I am not convinced the media isn’t creating most of this Trin. (By the way, I trust you don’t mind me refering to you as Trin, I know you often type habinburlington when referring to me, let me know and feel free to shorten my name to burly, Gerry or Gerald.

CHeers habstrinifan

• habstrinifan says:

Gotta tell you I hate Trin! Sorry! Trini on the other hand is great. I take pride in being a HABS fan from Trinidad ever since I learnt the day the difference between a hockey puck and bison toad.

And as per your wish I shall use Burly as short for HabinBurlington.

• K-hab25 says:

You seem like a really good person Trini, but it’s obvious you have a high opinion of Subban, maybe higher than everyone else on the team.

• habstrinifan says:

What?
          Have you been reading my posts?
          Sometimes it is best to bite one’s tongue. I will treat this as one of those times because I think you meant well.. although I am not usuallly at my best when ‘assured’ that I seem like a good person!!!!!!!!!!!!

• K-hab25 says:

Let me first say if I was wrong, I apologise, but you definitely seem to put Subban, above the team. If you feel he was “wronged” in any way.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

As someone posted yesterday, they resent how PK invaded Poland and wrote all those songs for Air Supply. You simply could not do those kinds of things and expect it not to be reflected in people’s attitudes to you In The Room.

• savethepuck says:

Well said.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price

55. Ehabs9 says:

I really doubt it’s that big of a deal to either PK or Price. Fans and media are sure to speculate on tension and discontent that likely isn’t there though.

56. K-hab25 says:

I for one, like it. I used to think the low five was intriguing at first, but began to be just a played out ploy. Glad it is gone, hopefully for good. It should always be TEAM first, not we first. Saluting the fans seems a more appropriate jesture. Just my opinion anyway, hope me having one is allowed.

Funny don’t see people freaking out when a team like the Yankees tells their players no facial hair, but God forbid the Habs ask two players not to do a triple low 5.

I really am amazed how this is viewed as bad by so many.

58. Hockey Bob says:

Atta boy MT, put an end to the juvenile Hi-Jinks of Price and the Subbanator, oops guess that is out also. Have a nice slice of humble Pie PK and just play Hockey.

Has there been any announcement on whether or not Max Pac is playing this weekend? While I respect and admire his healing powers, would hate to see him return to early and risk any injury related to surgery.

Should be a fun weekend of hockey to watch.

The more and more I read comments on this site the more and more I realize that hockey fans are a few fries short of a happy meal.

61. Don Carnage says:

I wonder if PK will openly disrespect the coach in the room as he did with Randy when he said “it does not matter what he says he wont be here next year anyways”

62. CCL says:

If we don’t want any score’s on our 4th line. how about John Scott from Buffalo. Neil wouldn’t go looking for him.

63. The Cat says:

I find it amusing that Therrien likes humble teams, wasnt he flapping his mouth and guaranteeing fights when he was coach in Laval? I know you could say it was putting asses in the seats but still…

64. axxerd says:

This is ridiculous. I think it is silly to ban it, and even more silly to make it public.

I can’t help but think Therrien will drive Subban out of Montreal.

Hockey needs personality IMO. Plus, I’d say the fans loved the ‘real’ triple low 5 more than the salute the team is told to do.

65. chinahab says:

Personally I think it’s great. It was always embarrassing to have them do this retro Blues Brothers gimme-five schtick. It was getting old anyway and made it seem like they had a special clique going on. I’m glad Therrien just stated it flat out that it’s gone. For those who say he shouldn’t have said it publicly, consdier this: the first game after they didn’t do it, the media would ask Subban and Price and then there’d be all these stories and distractions. Therrien gets it out of the way now before a game. It’s history. Smart.

66. Bill says:

Mike wants the Habs to be HUMBLE? Wasn’t the Senators game enough to accomplish that?

I want the Habs to be bad-ass, myself. Humble does not win you Stanley Cups. Was Patrick Roy humble? Are the Boston Bruins humble?

Now it all makes sense. Mike wants a team of nice guys. You can win or lose, as long as you do it humbly.

In that case, let’s just get rid of PK and call up Frederic St. Denis.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Andy and the habs says:

I disagree with you Bill. We don’t have to be like Bruins to win The Lord Stanley. Yes we do need toughness, but not Boston Bruins toughness. What the bruins are can be more described more as gutless. I saw the video again the hit on Halpern. That is a gutless hit.

• Bill says:

The Bruins are indeed dirty, gutless, pukes. For those who disagree I cite the game two years ago when the whole Bruins side basically jumped the Habs at the end of the game. Martin had Plekanec’s line plus Hamrlik and Spacek on the ice, and Julien sent out his goons and they just pounded on them, Hamrlik and Spacek in particular. These guys are not fighters, and that is gutless.

So not arguing that. I’m saying a championship team isn’t humble.

Full Breezer 4 Life

67. otter649 says:

After John Scott’s fight against Thornton his price as an UFA for next season just went up unless Buffalo signs him before July 01….

• Habilis says:

I think both parties have to land a punch for it to be considered a fight. That was a beating.

• Bill says:

It was a bad beating, but should’ve been laid on Lucik. Thornton never ran over Miller. The Sabres may have John Scott, but Lucik has never paid for running their goalie, and probably never will.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Habilis says:

Yeah I agree with you there. The only Bruin who would dare fight Scott from here on out is Chara.

They’ll need to find Lucic in the open ice. If Tyler Myers wasn’t so soft, he could put Lucic through the boards and into next week with his size.

• otter649 says:

The way Sabres coach Lindy Ruff is don’t be surprised if Scott goes after Lucic in Buffalo before the hometown fans. Ruff loaded up a fourth line against Sens first line after The Drury hit premeditated since Sabres had the last line change & everyone on the ice got into even the goalies…..

68. remi_10069 says:

I like the humble team idea but to publicly ban it is insane. Strike one. He should have encouraged him to stop privately and keep it at that. How about John Scott almost killing Thornton…I bet Prust is shitting his pants. I would dress white and get him to fly across the ice and elbow scott out cold when he’s not looking. Take the suspension …only way to deal with a beast like that.

pipes

69. Chuck says:

Would it be a team concept if everyone was to pair off after a victory and low-5? :)

___________________________________________________

SPECIAL is Humble pie for millionaires! I get it!
    As they stick there hand in your pocket again. Who are they trying to kid??

71. secretdragonfly says:

Ve vill not talk about zee fun!

72. Habilis says:

I have no problem with this, at least now the “pre-planned” victory celebration will involve everyone. Will they do it on the road too? Did they do it in Washington? I don’t recall.

Also, I’m reposting this from the last thread because it’s way more relevant here:

PK’s already been added to the team photo on display in the dressing room, as per MA Godin.

Nice to see. I guess this “team” stuff works both ways.

73. Say Ash says:

I can’t believe this got its own topic

• Chuck says:

It’s Montreal. believe it. :)

___________________________________________________

74. lavie says:

Interesting. :(

75. K-hab25 says:

I think individual excitement, about individual success, is fine. Two players being above the team, is not.

76. The Cat says:

I thought it was about being a humble team. Posing certainly is a no-no…My point is MT is leaving himself open here…

77. Dunboyne Mike says:

However, he was occasionally seen doing triple low fives.
    With Red Fisher.

78. K-hab25 says:

It’s a planned celebration between two guys, not spontaneous.

79. Dunboyne Mike says:

Do YOU know where Un Canadien Errant is? Aren’t you and he both Left Coasters?

80. Saintpatrick33 says:

LMAO!

81. K-hab25 says:

So is the triple low five, atleast one of them involves the entire team.

82. Mr. Biter says:

I really don’t care about the low3′s however if MT’s “Team effort” approach has everyone doing the head butts i’ts okay with me as the other only had 2 players. Does anyone know of any other teams where only 2 players are involved in a post game celebration?

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

83. Saintpatrick33 says:

Well Subban obviously needs to be taught a lesson and needs to be taken down a peg or two as if being low balled wasn’t enough.

84. K-hab25 says:

Sorry you feel that way, still respect your opinion. PK is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite player, but no one stands above my morales.

85. Mr. Biter says:

Bolt?

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

86. Bill says:

Good thing he’s not a UFA in two years then.

Full Breezer 4 Life

87. K-hab25 says:

That’s a weak a** accessment. Price Mr. goody, goody two shoes is involved aswell. It’s about no one, or two people. No one is above the team. I know it’s a bit of a communist or socialist idea, but it made sense to me.

88. Mr. Biter says:

I’m start to guess that there may be more things at play here than on the ice performance. Prehaps there were “locker room” issues with PK (just speculation) in the past which we have no knowledge of. hopefully for the team’s sake (and the sanity of the mob on this site) MT and PK can play nice on the ice and locker room.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

89. Saintpatrick33 says:

It’s BS Therrien already has it out for Subban he made it clear on antichambre how he feels about him.

90. K-hab25 says:

Well I’m sure if you really believe that, you’re beyond reproach.

91. 100HABS says:

Obviously not true. Leafs Players can’t do anything “honourably”.

92. Dunboyne Mike says:

By St Patrick’s Day there will be no Leafs left.
    Maybe it’s a rather elaborate and fairly extreme tank strategy?

93. Mr. Biter says:

Just playing with you. I make more spelling mistakes than most posters.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

94. Dunboyne Mike says:

Cheers, LA.
    Ravens or Niners?

95. K-hab25 says:

Yup!! A mountain out of a mole hole for the doubters.

96. Danno says:

My next question:
    What are you on and where can I get some? :-)

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

97. HabFab says:

We might have a winner here!

98. Dunboyne Mike says:

Was quite a young follower in the 70s, really only knew the Als and, strangely, the Ti-Cats (Jimmy Jones, Johnny Rogers).

But you are so right about the corporate clone thing.

So enjoy not watching the Super Bowl. I always end up with heart-burn.