Therrien goes on rant after fantasy loss to Jets

therrien

Suffering Canadiens withdrawal? The Gazette has the answer with the ultimate fantasy experience as beat writer Pat Hickey and Gazette techie Eric Tobon employ EA Sports NHL 13 to produce The Season That Isn’t. Here’s how things might have looked in Thursday night’s game between the Canadiens and Winnipeg Jets at the Bell Centre.

PAT HICKEY

The Gazette

There was an “old” Michel Therrien sighting after the Canadiens dropped a 4-2 decision to the Winnipeg Jets Thursday night at the Bell Centre.

There has been a kinder, gentler Therrien on display this season, but he made it known he wasn’t happy with his team’s slow start against the Jets. The dressing room was closed for 20 minutes after the game, and while the team described it as a players’ meeting, one player said that it followed a tirade from the coach.

“I’m not happy because I didn’t see the effort out there tonight,” Therrien said. “Someone asked me if there was a positive because we came back from  3-0 to make a game, but we shouldn’t have been down 3-0. When they scored their third goal, we only had seven shots and they had 16. There’s nothing to be positive about.”

Bryan Little opened the scoring when he took a feed from Evander Kane at 11:44 of the opening period.

“There was an example of the defenceman getting beat one-on-one,”  said Therrien, noting that Alexei Emelin was late picking up Little.

Chris Thorburn made it 2-0 at 5:00 of the second period and Kane set up Blake Wheeler at 12:37. Wheeler was left alone in the slot and he caught Carey Price going in the butterfly too soon.

The Canadiens finally got on the board when Rene Bourque redirected a pass from Andrei Markov at 5:34 of the third period. Bourque, who missed the start of the season after undergoing abdominal surgery, has points in each of the three games he has played since his return.

Josh Gorges brought the Canadiens closer when he beat Ondrej Pavelec with a shot from the point.

“I really thought we were going to tie it up after that goal,” said Tomas Plekanec, who assisted on Gorges’s goal. “This reminded me of too many games we played last year when we would only play one or two good periods.”

Any hopes of a comeback were dashed when Kane scored an empty-net goal at 19:34.

The Canadiens lost defenceman Frederic St. Denis to an upper-body injury midway through the second period. Therrien said he hadn’t consulted with the medical staff about St. Denis’s condition.

“I had other things on my mind,” he said as he abruptly ended his postgame press conference.

phickey@montrealgazette.com

1. XDDClaraomy says:

Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same
    topics? Thank you so much!

Look at my website; penisforstoring

2. Ron says:

4-1 Crunch with 9 mins left in 3rd. Total of 11 shots by Dogs 28 by Crunch so far. Time to watch the last of the Junior game. Geoffrion took skate in face when hit. In hospital for repairs.
    EDIT: 4-1 final

3. Ron says:

2-1 Crunch after 2 per. Dogs out shot 25/8 so far in game. Mayer realy keeping them in this mess.

4. Ron says:

People wanted the Tinman to get tough, he just fought in 2nd period and it looked like a draw. The almost full house loved it.

5. Ron says:

Geoffrion gone to hospital after big clean hit. Hit boards.

6. Ron says:

Quailer ties it up in 2nd

7. Ron says:

Crunch lead 1-0 end of 1st. Dogs out shot 11/3. Mayer keeping them in this one so far.

8. Ron says:

Elliotte Friedman tweets , NHL is very frustrated by Fehr..they are going after him. The gloves are off now.

He also tweeted that the NHL accused that Fehr with held their offer from the PA.

9. Ron says:

If anyone wants to trust the live stream from AtdhenNet it is on

10. jols101 says:

So sad, Bulldogs are at the Bell Center tonight and there is absolutely no TV coverage, yet you can watch the Halifax Moosehead’s game on multiple channels and in both official languages. Strange.

11. kempie says:

Anybody know if the Dogs are on any network tonight?

12. Bripro says:

So Burly is golfing in Myrtle Beach. I wonder if he’s done. And can someone tell me if John, the Belly man, has joined him?
    Haven’t seen him in a few days, at least.
    We need a neutral perspective on things, and comic relief.

*********************************************
    “I’m here to tell you: Gary Bettman hasn’t felt this alive since he killed Harry Potter’s parents.”

13. Bripro says:

I awakened this morning to Charlese serving me breakfast in bed.
    She told me someone tried to break into our Testarossa during the night, but officer Halle Berry and 007 were there again to….
    Oh, fantasy hockey only…. oooops!

never mind.

*********************************************

14. HabsFanMTL says:

funny how the billionaire owners and the millionaire players are arguing over how to slice up the 3.3 Billion dollar pie that WE THE FANS generated for them………WE PAID THEM …..without fans theres no league!!!!……..the fans are keeping them in business….lets not go back to the dammed rinks and forums when they come back and show them WHO”S BOSS!!!

15. jon514 says:

Therrien said: “I don’t care about St-Denis. He’s too SAUFFFFFT (tm MT 2006)

16. New says:

I wish the fantasy NHL lawyers would file a fantasy restraining order against real reporters fantasizing about fantasy games to fill space. Nothing serious, just that they can’t imagine being within 500 meters of the Bell. The NHL itself has become little more than a fantasy plaything. We shouldn’t encourage it.

17. AntoineSabourin says:

Is anyone else going to the Sarnia Sting Guelph Storm Game tonight? 20 dollars for a ticket behind the glass is not bad to watch Montreal’s future number one center. Let’s see what all this hype is about.

• jmsheehy19 says:

Was going to, but got sucked into a family thing. Let us know how Galchenyuk looks.

Side note, I’ve only been to a handful of OHL arena’s but I love Guelph’s. Great crowd and building, and right downtown.

• AntoineSabourin says:

The arena is great. The concession stands are open and the rink is always visible so you don’t miss a play while out for beers. I am from Burlington and always love to go down for a game. Free Parking and the crowd is very friendly and laid back. Kids and families everywhere.

The game was a solid close checking game. Back and forth. Sitting right behind Galchenyuk for two periods I noticed he is playing left wing but does see the ice so well to play center most of the time after faceoffs. He is a lot bigger and stronger than I imagined and his board play and passing is well above OHL top players. He had a nice niffty board play that led to an assist on the second goal and won it in the third late by being a bulldog. He does not stop forechecking. He is an absolute Beast. I cannot wait until he is up with the big club.

18. commandant says:

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin:
    “Save for some ponctual needs, Habs have decided to make Louis Leblanc a full time winger.”

Personally I’m not surprised by this at all.

• ed lopaz says:

disappointed. he was a much better center – and he seems to be falling to the 3rd line as a winger.

I saw Louis play his first midget AAA game at 15 years old, and I’ve seen him several times since.

Since he moved to the wing in major junior he has never shown the skill that he had as a center.

• commandant says:

I never saw him as a better centre.

His best assets are his work on the boards and his shot which make him better on the wing.

He could use work on his skating, which means its a bigger weakness at Center.

Ever since the WJC where he played Wing, I always thought he was gonna end up a winger, just like Higgins did.

• HammerHab says:

probably better for him. I never really saw him as an NHL center anyway. Not that he’s terrible defensively, just not up to the task at the NHL level.

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

• Hobie Hansen says:

In Leblanc’s defense, he came out flying in the first few games for the Dogs before spraining his ankle. If healthy, he’d most likely be leading the Dogs in points today. Last year he bounced up and down between Montreal and Hamilton and it was his first year of professional hockey.

He hasn’t even had a chance to get settled so we can see what he can do yet. I see him as a 20-goal-scorrer in the NHL down the road.

• commandant says:

I love Leblanc. No need to defend him to me.

I just think he’s a winger.

• neumann103 says:

I was at the game where he hurt his ankle. It was immediately obvious that the move to the wing was not about depth at the position on the Bulldogs. He would probably be the best Center on the Bulldogs, and they actually have decent right wingers. It is obviously about his future with the Habs.

I think it is the right decision for Leblanc and the Habs

“Et le but!”

19. HammerHab says:

Good news! According to the picture above we are in the Stanley Cup finals against the Redwings!

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

20. icky pop says:

This is getting to be enough to bail on HIO. Couldn’t you guys just do bios or relive glorious moments in habs history. Something tangible perhaps? If I wanted to see such a charade, I’d watch the mighty ducks movies.

• Humungosaur says:

Yes Icky. As a long time reader (but not for several months) but not a contributor, I can’t really say what I expected but it was something more than a fantasy game report.

21. kempie says:

This is getting ridiculous.

22. bwoar says:

When is Bergevin gonna wake up and fire this guy? Molson really should have done a better job finding people to run this team. This is all we need – another know-it-all French guy behind the bench to destroy the confidence of all our young players and play boring, loser 1-0 hockey until all creativity is gone from the team. I’ve watched the Habs all my life and I can honestly say Therrien will kill any enthusiasm the players have for the bleu, blanc et rouge. He’s already done it for the fans. It’s a matter of time before Subban, Price and Galchenyuk hit the road and go play for teams that have REAL coaching and actual PLANS for winning a Cup instead of celebrating mediocracy for 20+ years.

Sorry to rant but I have to get this off my chest – one pissed-off Habs fan here!!!!

23. Habfan10912 says:

Donald Fehr’s memo to players last night.

———————————–

• Cal says:

Hate these bs “leaks”. Is that all the players are there to do, be spies for the media?

• commandant says:

Nature of having 700 players in a union.

• Cal says:

The problem with that is that the media runs with it, giving their “expert” opinions based on leaks and half-truths. I don’t care where they are at in negotiations. I will care when they announce they have a deal. Before then, both sides are obstinate idiots.

• commandant says:

The media report what fans want, as driven by ratings and advertising dollars.

• Habfan10912 says:

I’m thinking Fehr knew this would leak. Part of a negotiation ploy?

———————————–

• Cal says:

@commandant- The media reports what they think the fans want. Most NHL fans want and need only one report: the one that says the bs is over and the NHL will drop the puck soon. All else is needless speculation. The media is not privy to the negotiations, no matter how “insider” they claim to be.

• commandant says:

Obviously the fans want the lockout to be over, but they can’t report blatant lies either.

In the meantime, fans are tuning in for the latest update.

• Mustang says:

It sure sounds like the owners and the players are still VERY FAR APART. The good news is that at least they are now talking to each other. I believe that the longer this goes, no more the players are going to cave. They have relatively short careers and losing a full year means that the average player loses 1/7 or 1/8 of his NHL playing life. Some players are probably already prepared to go back no matter what the owners are offering.

• Phil C says:

Thanks for posting, interesting read. I am surprised both sides are so concerned about contracting issues. With salary linked to a percentage of HRR, owners are forced to spend money on players. This drives the salaries up more than the contracting issues. We saw many RFAs get big pay days, as the owners would rather spend the cash on their stars than on some washed up UFA.

I hate the 10 year deals personally, so I hope the owners win on that issue. Even for the players, I don’t see how it is it really good for them that salary is still going to a player like Yashin, reducing their share of HRR.

65 games? There’s still time to Tank™ again!

Come on let’s Tank™ again like we did last summer
    Yea, let’s Tank™ again like we did last year
    Do you remember when we were really bummin’
    Yea, let’s Tank™ again, Tankin’™ time is here

Yeah round ‘n around ‘n down ‘n down we go again
    Oh baby make me know our draft pick’s low
    Come on let’s Tank™ again like we did last summer
    Yea, let’s Tank™ again, Tankin’™ time is here

• commandant says:

Not Winning for MacKinnon (TM, Lastwordonsports)

;)

• krob1000 says:

Lose a ton for Popeye’s son!
        I think Seth Jones is going to be the next Pronger/Chara…a guy who takes away half of the ice for half a game…the Deion Sanders hockey equivalent defensively …you then factor in his offensive game and I think he is the most impactful player in this draft. Given the impact a dman likethat can have on the game I would take him over mackinnon if they remain neck and neck untl the draft.

• commandant says:

From what I’ve seen of Seth Jones, I don’t put him in that category defensively. He doesn’t use his size that way, he doesn’t have the mean streak. He isn’t a Chara or a Pronger where you fear him taking your head off.

He’s more of what Jay Bouwmeester should be… got the size, but its his smooth skating and his offensive game that are good.

Good two way player, and very good defensively… but not at that GREAT level of defense and actually causing fear on his side of the ice.

Just the way I see it, but I think Barkov is challenging him for #2 right now more than MacKinnon is being challenged by Jones.

• krob1000 says:

The fact that his Dad was a no nonsense player in the NBA, is a professional coach,etc I think that the competitive nature of him will take over. Everything I have read about him says he is great defensviely…but does not have the mean streak that Pronger has….but remember even Chara took a long time to unleash that on a regular basis. He was always strong enough but he rarely used his phsyicality in his early years in Ottawa and now as a Bruin has adopted the culture of the Bruins and is even more of a force.
            Bouwmeester is no slouch but he just doesn’t have that mean streak and is not elite offesnively either..he is a star but never did become the superstar he should have….a shame really.

• commandant says:

I don’t know, you just can’t project the mean streak just because of who his father is.

I mean look at Max Domi. Completely different from Tie.

Sure some guys take the same traits, but good genes just means he has natural raw talent to be a good athlete, the genes don’t define personality.

Old Nature vs Nurture argument.

Remember a guy like Popeye Jones, the first generation kid, was probably fighting all his life, and coming from a pretty poor background on the streets. His son had a different upbringing, born with raw natural talent of an athlete, but not given the same environment.

Is it a big surprise that Popeye who came from poverty is tougher and meaner, than his son who grew up in luxury?

• Habfan10912 says:

Would you mind if I waited to join the tank club until we lose a couple games? Great tune though especially for us old farts. :)

———————————–

25. L Elle says:

Some folks are born to wave the Hab flag
    Ooh, they’re rouge blanc et bleu
    And when Bettman plays “Hail to me the Chief”
    Oh, they point the lockout at you, Fan

It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no billionaires son
    It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no fortunate one, no

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
    Lord, they buy NHL franchises themselves, oh
    But when the PA come to the door
    Lord, the house look a like a rummage sale, yes

It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no millionaire’s son, no, no
    It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no fortunate one, no

Yeah, some folks inherit money dazed eyes
    they send you up to nosebleeds Fan
    And when you ask them, “How much should we give?”
    Oh, they only answer, more, more, more, yoh

It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no billionaire’s son
    It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no fortunate one

It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no fortunate one, no, no, no
    It ain’t me, it ain’t me
    I ain’t no fortunate one

26. commandant says:

Did he call anyone Soff?

27. joeybarrie says:

I have been reading a lot of post regarding the season and how it wont happen.
    I can’t imagine why the NHL and NHLPA have been meeting for thre plus straight days for 5+ hours a day if they both dont see a deal in the near future.
    Before each side had an agenda and a goal going tic for tak.
    The NHL wanted to lock the players out before they really started dealing. The players wanted the NHL to lose a certain amount before they really wanted to start dealing.
    I think they are both very close to a deal and need to simply hammer out the fine details, that BOTH sides are carefully trying to get the best of.

I do think we will hear something by Monday about a season.
    NHL lost the Winter Classic, or so it is thought.
    The players have lost enough salary to hurt the very money they are fighting over.

I think we will see a 70-72 game season starting Dec. 1st.

Here is hoping.
    But to me neither side was really talking anything but their own side. Now we hear next to nothing. But they are meeting NON STOP.

Now to be honest if they did this to begin with, it would have been settled, and the truth is I wont forget how both sides basically screwed the fans to meet their own agenda…
    I hope none of us will forget.

Cause the Owners, Players, and League ALL forgot the fans.

I hope they learn a lesson somehow.

• Cal says:

I am thinking more like a 60 to 65 game season if they do start Dec 1.

My ultimate fantasy would be that on the night they are about to drop the puck and the anthems are sung that the crowds leaves for the entire first period. I think a demonstration like that would shake up everyone involved with the league. The reality is going to be a lot of empty seats all over. Idiots.

• Mustang says:

Cal, unfortunately the really high-priced seats and luxury boxes will be full. Many of the people in the arenas today know little or nothing about hockey. They look at it as an evening’s entertainment that someone else is paying for. That “someone else” of course is a company that buys the tickets and gives them to customers and/or friends.

28. Hobie Hansen says:

Is today the day? It now seems like a deal will be done and the only question that remains is when will the season start? It seems highly unlikely that things could blow up again and result in both sides storming off in different directions for weeks at a time?

So let’s say the season gets underway on December 1st. Do we have a Canadiens team here that has any chance of qualifying for the playoffs. There’s always a chance but would you slap down a larger wager that there will be playoff hockey in Montreal in 2013?

I think the only shot Montreal has to go anywhere is to rely on a good defensive system backboned by Carey Price. We’ve seen Montreal be on the lower end scoring scale the last several years but have the knack for scoring timely goals, not so much last year but definitely the two previous seasons.

The Habs have a good scoring line and a half. Many beleive we’re a top six forward or two short of having a good offensive attack. However, we’ve got quite the making of a very good 1st PP unit. We’ve also got a fairly solid bottom two lines that look like they could do a good job of slowing down the others teams top players and get under their skin to boot.

There’s no Hal Gill, Roman Hamerlik or Jaro Spacek to throw a blanket over the opposing offense but Josh Gorges should lead the charge and there’s no reason why PK Subban can’t continue to improve defensively. If Markov is healthy he’s been good defensively in the past. Hopefully the Habs can overcome their mistake of not signing a proven stay-at home defenseman over the summer.

Everyone wants to see fire-wagon hockey, maybe we will when Alex Galchenyuk arrives, but the makeup of our current team requires we load up on the 1st PP unit, load up our 1st line but otherwise stifle other teams 5 on 5 and lead the league in killing penalties, if there’s any change of us making the playoffs.

• ed lopaz says:

I think the stats would prove that most hockey goals (at all levels) are scored when the puck is skated hard to the net and the player gets himself into the scoring area to take a high percentage shot, or all the way to the crease with the puck.

Defending against these drives to the net requires a certain physicality especially from your defencemen – and especially to clear the crease and stop loose pucks or rebounds from going in.

The Habs have TOO MANY D-men that are simply not capable of doing this work effectively.

Instead of Kaberle, Weber and Diaz, 2 (at least 1)of those d-men should be replaced by d-men that can play a more physical, more defensive, more “in your face” hockey.

Price’s crease and around his net will be where we will be lacking.

Maybe it took Gauthier a few years to figure this out, but I expect Bergeron, who played the position at the NHL level, to understand that an NHL team needs to protect their crease area.

“Hopefully the Habs can overcome their mistake of not signing a proven stay-at home defenseman over the summer”

We should not be “hoping” – it should have been done. Period.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Ya Ed I agree entirely. Maybe we’re missing something though? Maybe Emelin steps up and plays solid defense this year?

I’m going to give the defense a chance before stamping them too small, timid and poor defensively.

• commandant says:

Its a major hole in the roster, and I was hoping they would sign someone like Allen this summer, but it seems to me that Bergevin is content to evaluate what he has this season, and maybe look for that big D next summer, or wait for Tinordi and Ellis to be ready (and Kaberle, Gomez off the books).

I think this is a slow process. In fact in some ways I wouldn’t mind a shortened season, missing the playoffs again, and grabbing a Sasha Barkov, Sean Monahan, Hunter Shinkaruk or other top 10 pick.

• Cal says:

I believe the offense will be better than last year with the return of Markov and Gionta.
      The big “if” is the amnesty buyout clause. That would mean Gomez stays in Alaska, opening a spot for more talent.
      On the D front, I was really hoping Pateryn would be able to step up, giving the Habs room to trade Weber and Diaz. I prefer a physical Dman paired with a puck mover (PK is the only Habs D that can do both). Even fearless Gorges is not a truly physical Dman and can’t clear the crease. Some tout St. Denis, but, again, too small for the job. MB will have to engineer a trade with a team that has too many physical Dmen and not enough puck movers.

• Mike D says:

I think you’re bang on when you say that we’re one top-6 forward away from having two pretty good scoring lines, and to be even more specific, we’re one top 6 LW away.

I disagree however when you say the Habs made a mistake not signing a proven stay-at-home Dman. You’re correct that we could use one, and that we are out of balance in that we have too many small/soft puck-moving types (Weber, Diaz, St. Denis), but I think it would have been a mistake for the club to sign that proven bigger stay-at-home type. The type of player you’re describing would demand good dollars and term to sign with any team, and it doesn’t make sense for the Habs to commit to that considering where we are right now and where this team will be in about 2 years. MB wisely did not try to band-aid the clubs current deficiencies just to have a slightly better chance at making the playoffs right away. Instead, he addressed the need on D with Frankie the Bull who is a very cheap stop-gap, and took a flyer on forward with Armstrong who is also cheap and only signed for a year. If those moves work, then great. If not, it’s no biggy because the goal should be to become a strong team in about 2-3 years when guys like Tinordi, Beaulieau, Ellis, Gally, Galchy, etc. are ready to step in and contribute; guys like Price, Subban, Emelin, Max-Pac, DD, Eller are on the upswing or approaching their primes; guys like Plecky, Gorges, Cole, maybe Markov and Gio are still effective and providing the veteran presence and leadership; and guys like Gomez, Kaberle, maybe Gio and/or Markov (if they’re no longer effective or needed) are off the books. All the while, we have our blue collar guys like Moen and Prust etc. that you need to win and who are at good stages of their careers.

As for your thoughts on the lockout, the guys on TSN and Sportsnet don’t seem to think we’re all that close to an agreement being reached, but it is a positive that they’re meeting so much. I hope we can get the game back on the ice ASAP too though.

– Honestly yours
      Twitter: @de_benny

29. Kfourn says:

Anyone have any feedback from the Subway Super Series game between the OHL and Russia last night?

_______________________________________________________
    Well, he’s kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace “accidentally” with “repeatedly” and replace “dog” with “son.”

“It’s sad when our rookies have no NHL experience before they jump up to the NHL.” – nunacanadien

30. SmartDog says:

I must be still going through withdrawl. This picture actually makes me nostalgic for a Therrien rant! Admittedly he didn’t have much of a team to work with so just on that basis alone, he should be a more even-tempered coach.

Uh oh…. I can feel more hockey fever coming on… aaaahhhhhhhhhh… damn Gomez!!!!! What a waste of a sweater, couldn’t score if he was the high school quarterback at a homecoming dance! Kaberle…pfffftttt… why we picked up the league’s softest, laziest supposed top line defenseman is beyond me! These two guys alone make it impossible to put up a consistent effort. Arrrghhhhh!!!!

I feel better.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

31. HabFanSince72 says:

Apologies for being harsh, but this is dumb.

Really dumb.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• SmartDog says:

Agreed. It’s like Dungeons and Dragons for (adult) hockey geeks. “And Cole scores a beaut with his +3 magic stick!” (-shiver-)

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• HardHabits says:

Whoever came up with this idea should be fired or forced into retirement.

• SmartDog says:

Every time I post under one of these Fantasy threads I wonder if I’m contributing to the problem. Some stats guy is going – “hey, these fantasy posts get a lot of comments!” when really no-one gives a crap. It’s just the latest thread. Oh please Fehrman, make a deal!!

————————————-
          Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

32. I wish this Fantasy NHL would get locked out…
    Telio
    The greatest Canadiens and NHL news-site: http://teliopost.com/
    Twitter: @teliopost

33. Cal says:

It’s finally Friday!!! (Perhaps, there is good gnus on the horizon)
    Meantime, I had to steal one from Bripro’s frustration song list (I realized it after it was done- that’s my story and I am sticking to it.)

34. Habfan10912 says:

Does anyone else think it might not be a coincidence that two of HIO Superstar posters, JohnBellyful and Habsinburlington have been missing these past several days? Could they be at THE secret location in NYC lending their hand in the CBA talks?

———————————–

35. Habfan10912 says:

Good morning.
    Tweet from Darren Dreger:
    NHL presented what in essence is its best offer in response to the PA’s presentations on Wed. Still large gap with negotiations resuming.

———————————–

36. Mavid says:

Ooops a big headache…again just wash

37. Mavid says:

ZZTop was amazing but again some nimrod who sat next to me bathed in perfume and this morning I Hab

38. AceMagnum says:

Yo Therrien just set the difficulty level to Beginner…you’ll score 15 goals in the first period.

—————————-

THE KINGS ARE KINGS!! 2012

39. JayK-47 says:

Aren’t the pretend Habs like, 15-1 to start the season? How about a lil slack there Iron Mike?

40. English is not a Crime says:

To each their own, and if you like them, all the power to you. I just think these fantasy XBox scores being reported on like the real thing are just stupid and make Habs fans looks silly by association.

41. commandant says:

Saw comments in the other threads about how bad the Bulldogs played on Wednesday.

Not sure many realize that the Norfolk Admirals who set all those AHL records last season and won the Calder Cup, are the Syracuse crunch today. Conacher, Tokarski, etc… all the Tampa prospects moved with the change in affiliations.

So you had a veteran AHL club, with journeymen stars and good prospects, who are record setting in their winning streaks, and championship caliber, playing the Bulldogs who are talented but inconsistent as the 2nd youngest team in the AHL.

I’m not surprised at all by the result.

• Mark C says:

That’s nothing. I read on other threads that you can judge players toughness by how much time he spends in the sin bin.

• JayK-47 says:

That’s nothing. In some places, Gomez has superstar stats.

• Kfourn says:

That’s nothing, I had a bagel this morning.

_______________________________________________________

42. ProHabs says:

I am sure since 9:50pm this evening, Neumann’s life has really changed for the better Bill. It is a life changing experience to be first on a thread. I hope you time comes soon Bill.
    Ricky Bobby: “If your not first, your last.”

• Bill J says:

I will give you a honorable mention when I get there, thanks for the motivational speech. :D

• neumann103 says:

ProHabs

You don’t know the half of it. Here is my night since then.

9:51 Warming feeling of peace comes over me. Feeling of security that someone is watching over me.

10:34 Sirens. Cops bust down neighbour’s door. Someone watching turns out to be surveillance of meth lab next door.

10:38 On way to the back of police cruiser, neighbour/entrepreneur/future sudden prisoners right advocate drops piece of paper unnoticed by cops.

10:40 I pick up abandoned Bo-Dog ticket with $1000 on the Colts over the Jaguars

11:15 Phone rings. Woman with English accent explains she is professing her undying love and proposing marriage. I hang up.

11:18 Doorbell rings. Special courier hands me notarized package. Marriage proposal and generous pre-nup from Keira Knightley.

11:19 Current wife drops dead from shock of heart attack. I’m an eligible bachelor, just in time!

11:43 Phone rings again. I have been selected for a special offer. A valuable prize is mine. All I have to do is drive four hours and listen to a presentation on the wonderful value of holiday time shares.

And who knows what tomorrow may bring!

“Et le but!”

43. Bill J says:

Oops.

44. ProHabs says:

I knew that hot head Terrian would lose his head again. Did he not learn anything from that playoff series against the Hurricanes years ago. Man, I hate the hiring of this guy.

From his quotes though, it sounds like his h’English has really improved.

45. Mondou6 says:

I know you’re trying to be entertaining during the lockout, but these fantasy columns are really a bad idea. It’s not funny or interesting. And no one wants to read 80 of these “reports”.

Can you just please post the latest lockout news, even if it’s nothing, and maybe the Hamilton results? That’s all your readers are interested in.

46. neumann103 says: