The results are in: Habs fans span the globe

After posting a link to a poll a few days ago, the results are in and they show just how wide the Canadiens’ fan base is.

As a sidebar, our latest stats show we have attracted visitors from 127 countries around the world.

Here’s the breakdown of the poll results:

Ontario 28% (318 votes)         Québec 23% (268 votes)

USA 17% (195 votes)              Eastern Canada 13% (145 votes)

W. Canada 11% (125 votes)    Europe 6% (66 votes)

Other 2% (26 votes)               Asia 1% (13 votes)

Total Votes: 1156

1. Klondike Habs Fan says:

I am from Whitehorse Yukon. Havent missed a game in a few seasons thanks to RDS and Pvr. Neccessary if you work cause the games start at 4 or 430.

I am pumped because yoday in the mail I got my Tix to the game in LA in March. Taking the wife and kids too! Look for us in our jerseys in Sectyion 101 behind the bench! Row 11! YEAH!!!

2. Chuck says:

Don’t you mean the 1980 referendum?

______________________________________
    “All bow down before the Komisaurus Rex!”

3. Chuck says:

127 countries?! On a good day I have trouble counting to 126!

______________________________________
    “All bow down before the Komisaurus Rex!”

4. Wops says:

That’s some amazing results… ! I was thinking it would be at least 50% Quebec!

This is great news ! wow! Sorry if I was blind before!
    _______________________________________
    CH is for Chris Higgins

5. habby_kimchi_guy says:

From Nova Scotia but call South Korea home these days.

6. The Teacher says:

You don’t waste time eh :P

7. wd40 says:

2 more POLLS!

#3 – As the Trade Deadline approaches, what would you like to see Gainey do?

#4 – Ok, Admit it. When the Habs found themselves down 5-0 againt the Rangers you:

8. The Teacher says:

Productivity, Schmoductivity

Go Habs

Roch Carrier and the Rocket..Awesome!

9. Peter Young says:

The real shock would be if the Canadiens did NOT have a huge, widely spread fan base. For decades they not only were the strongest NHL team, but also played by far the most attractive hockey.

I watched them play all over the USA in the old days, and I can tell you that the crowd was always much bigger and much more abuzz with excitement when the Canadiens were in town. The magnetic Richard, the majestic Beliveau, the magnificent Lafleur–any one of these in full flow was a sight no one, wherever they lived, could resist. When the game was over, nearly always you knew you’d just seen the very best the sport had to offer.

If the Canadiens weren’t everyone’s favourite team, they were their second team.

10. Erik says:

add me for Ontario!

11. bigjames says:

i’m in hong kong and watch early morning at the office with a coffee. not great for productivity though!

12. HotHabs says:

I’m in eastern Canada and my brother is on the west coast. He says he finds it would be hard to join the discussion when your not there in “real time” like during a game. When the Habs play a 7 or 7:30pm game EST he’s still at work (3 hours earlier) without access to internet (construction job). So, he misses the bulk of the talk. That could be a reason for the lack of western dwelling fans.

I remember when I lived in Vancouver how tough it was to catch Habs games because of the time zone.

enjoying the high’s & enduring the lows of being a Habs fan

13. Habsville says:

It confirms my belief that the Habs are Canada’s team and us poor soles in Ontario are being force fed the Leafs. Great Poll

Another note. This morning on TSN they said. Now we have to see if Ottawa won to keep pace with the Canadiens for first place in the East. WOW! was that sweet to hear.

14. The Teacher says:

I just thought of one.

“did you turn the TV off or to another channel after the Habs went down 5-0 last night?”

-I was too busy getting frisky

15. The Teacher says:

Good idea

Stand Pat
    Minor tinkering
    Major Trade
    Fire Carbo
    Erect a statue of Gainey in front of the Bell Center

16. habsgod says:

well i’m from western canada i was a habs fan from birth!and i’ll die one!they are the best and most important team in this country!!

17. Stefman says:

I would have expected more people from Western Canada. I guess I’ll have to spread to word.

18. The Teacher says:

Crazy variety.

19. wd40 says:

Teach, i want to do one related to the upcoming trade deadline… what do you think? Something along the lines of: What would you like to see Bob Gainey do?

* Stand pat
    * Major Trade
    * etc..

20. Believe the Hype - The Price is Right says:

Intersting that there are more from Ontario than Quebec, but one reason would be language I assume.

21. habsfan reduxit says:

… it does my heart good to see the high (IMHO) numbers from across Canada outside of PQ. Also a bit surprised at the numbers from the US but with their population, it might not represent what it appears on the surface.

22. the_larry says:

Who woulda thunk it…more Ontarians than Quebecois. Wheres our support from the west though?? Thats rather disappointing. Good to see the Americans have their head in the right place though :P

23. slamtherimtim says:

most of them are quebecers living in places like langcaster and that , same here though relly surprised to see that many americans

24. Ed says:

Do a poll on those from Ontario and see how many were born after 1967. Just kidding! It’s great to see such a widespread fan base, and it’s understandable with such a storied franchise.

25. slamtherimtim says:

wheres the breakdown on the others , who or where are they

26. cautiousoptimist says:

I’m not sure how representative that poll is, but still very cool. Incidentally, http://www.alexa.com says:

Habsinsideout.com users come from these countries:
    Canada84.2%
    Georgia0.5%
    Hungary0.5%
    Israel0.5%
    Lithuania0.5%
    Philippines0.5%
    Sweden0.5%

So which one of you guys is in the Faeroe Islands? :)

27. sadave says:

Who says we’re all Americans down here . . . ;-> ???