The other Kaptain K strikes it rich

Mikko Koivu signs the richest contract in the history of the Minnesota Wild: seven years, $47.25 million.

Maybe Tomas Plekanec was a bargain, no?

In other news, Robert Byrne – all the way from The Rock, with Danny and Sheena in tow –  showed up at the Habs I/O mini-summit with something Patrick V. Hickey can use on his car next time he’s in Philadelphia.

Shout-out to Manoir owner Peter Sergakis and his staff for keeping 20 hockey fans happy for a few hours.

It didn’t get bad between the Price and Halak fans until the very end …

INFgGTs1Dos

1. Kaptain K says:

For some odd reason I get the feeling that this post is not about me…

2. derfab says:

Never mind Mikko, Saku with Cammy gets more points than Pleks and doesn`t disappear against philly.

character is derfab destiny.

3. Mike Boone says:

What can I tell you, Julie? Hick had to get home to the Townships. I’d been chugging since 6:30, as had Stubbs and Mio. We’re a bunch of pussies. Catch you next time.

4. Julie H says:

I’m not gonna lie, I’m a little bit sad that you guys didn’t stay past 10 :(

“I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

5. badangel says:

can we have a girls only summit?

I was too shy to go! Well alone anyway…

6. Bill J says:

Get over yourself!

And if ANYONE is stalking people, it is the A-Hole who keeps on being an A-Hole.

I could care less what you think of yourself.

And the more you defend it the more I realize your just a ARROGANT a-hole.

Want to keep going ? OK – reply to me and tell me what spelling I did that was wrong.

Being polite has nothing to do with Cussing.

The “Pussie” term you seem to be holding onto, was a term among REAL life friends (Boone referring to himself, Stubs & I believe Mio as pussies for not being able to handle their liquor.

The way you come on here and think you own the place correcting people, and being the ignorant poster that you are, frankly is pathetic.  You clearly have nothing better to do, and this is somehow a way for you to make yourself feel better.  Frankly, I’ve had a bad last few days.  And I’m in the mood to call a spade a spade.

Keep on replying idiot, I look forward to it.

7. bwoar says:

How about we keep it simple: you’re an idiot, idiocy ensues.

8. Julie H says:

Trust me, if I could I totally would. That’s very sweet of you :)

9. NightRyder says:

Thanks Willie!

BTW, that would be “you’re ridiculous.”

That one’s on the house!

10. NightRyder says:

You spelled pussy wrong Stalker Boy.

And Stubbs.

And you’re.

All this aside, I’m very sad you’ve had a few bad days. Anything I can do to help?

11. Bill J says:

Does it seem like I care if I spell a few words wrong ?

Clearly you DO get the message, since you have the ability to read through it and find a way to correct it.

12. _Habsoloutly_ says:

What can I tell you Julie?  Come to Florida, all habs fans are welcome for dinner with myself and the wife.

13. Chuck says:

Hey, I grew up in the Townships before being hauled off to the other side of Tronna. Hickey strikes me as a Knowlton guy.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

14. Mike Boone says:

Knowlton it is. But isn’t that the Townships?

15. Chuck says:

It is. I was just trying to be a little more specific. Waterloo was my hometown.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

16. NightRyder says:

So you can call your colleagues pussies and make fun of people with Down Syndrome and I can’t rip on you a little for making a factual error?

17. NightRyder says:

How does it taste?

18. Bill J says:

Has anyone ever told you how much of an A-hole you are ?

Really.  Is this necessary ?

Your ridiculous.

19. NightRyder says:

Still waiting for my e-mail Booner.

So how come we’re allowed to cannibalize each other but apparently can’t do the same with the hired help?

I can slap around your lackey but can’t poke fun at you? I’ll happily admit my stuff is often caustic and condescending, but it is generally Habs/hockey related and all in good fun, no? I call you lazy, you tell me not to read your stuff; I question the making fun of people with disabilities, you call me an a-hole; Bill wets himself… hilarity ensues.

I understand you don’t want to set the precedent for a bunch of keyboard cowboys to hijack the site with endless criticism of you and your colleagues but I’m interested in understanding the thought process behind pulling my comments after you engaged me. Cheers.

20. Mike Boone says:

My best guess in terms of armchair psychology: Too many people have told him what an a-hole he is.

21. NightRyder says:

<Pats him on head>

You thought that up all by yourself, didn’t you little fella? Good for you!

22. Bill J says:

Do you think your cool ?

Why do you bother posting here anymore ?

You clearly want to be an a-hole.

And I could care less if you think your the spell-check police.

MANY here speak french as a first language, and we have our own spelling hurdles.  If somehow this pleases you in laughing at them.  You prove that you are an a-hole.

No wet shorts here, but I dare say if you treated people as you do here in your “real life” you would have wet shorts of your own.

Get a life, and if you don’t like Boone.  You DO NOT HAVE TO READ HIM!  Choose the next blogger, or another site.

23. NightRyder says:

My advice to you Whiny Wee Willie is the same as it was for our esteemed host, and apparently he’s smart enough to take it to heart.

I tend to be an a-hole when it’s called for. I have civil discussions with folks here all the time.

Why don’t YOU (see, I can use all caps just like you!) take your defender of the faith act somewhere else if I somehow displease you?

And again, that would be “you’re cool.” Also on the house.

My posts had no profanity, no racism or anything else that could be deemed as “inappropriate behaviour” (the listed rules of the land here) other than stating my opinion of a particular piece of work. Apparently, that struck a nerve and they were removed, which, regardless of what I think, remains the prerogative of the message board administrators and that’s fine.

I didn’t call anyone a “pussy” or post a video that made fun of someone with Down Syndrome, which I personally find more distasteful than almost anything I’ve seen here since the last time something very similar was done.

I suggest you get a life yourself and stop stalking me.

24. Propwash says:

It was awesome meeting everyone there! I knew HIO would pay off, seeing that Boone, Stubbs, Hickey, and Mio were all driving Mercedes, Beemers, and Bentleys.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

25. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ok, I live in South Florida, Mercedes,  Beemers,  and Bentley’s are a dime a dozen.  But I’m really curious to know which one of the crew drives a Bentley?

26. Bahamut-Prime says:

While Plekanec may have less size and consistency lets just be glad he didn’t have this contract as a comparable when they went to negotiations.

27. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Sweet!  Good for Little K!!!!!

28. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I have quite a few friends in the waste island and they all tell me Le Manior is a great place to hang out.

29. byrneoNL says:

Thanks for the shout out, Mr Boone!

And thanks again to the whole the HIO whole crew for a great time. Real treat for a long time Habs fan!

30. Mike Boone says:

Don’t be shy. It’s a very well-behaved crowd.

31. SeriousFan09 says:

And in a pinch, the dumpster out back is the H I/O Penalty Box.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

32. badangel says:

ah in person it’s better behaved than online ;)

Boone, I miss the About Last Night’s. Made the work mornings slightly better. :(

33. BJ says:

You don’t look too shy in your avatar?

34. The Cat says:

Sounds like a job for Chantal Machabee!

35. Mike Boone says:

ALN resumes when the season begins

36. badangel says:

lol that’s charlie’s angels – cameron diaz. That’s how I want to feel every morning :)

after a few drinks maybe :p

37. crabvader says:

Cedrick Desjardins signs a 1-year contract to remain with the organization.

As per nhlpa.com

P.S.

Where’d Hickey “find” the plate? :P

38. C3P1 says:

good thing we kept him for another year…he has some potential.  especially when auld is so god awful he gets torched out of town. there is a reason the STARS did not want him, pg…

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

39. Mr. Biter says:

Saw him play against the Moose in the AHL playoffs. He has lots of potential. Bonus, a clip from NCIS my 2nd. favorite show after BURN NOTICE (Gabrielle Anwar hot, hot,hot hot etc.)

40. spos080808 says:

Mikko is a much better player than Pleks. To disagree with that is pretty laughable…Points do not tell the entire story. However, Pleks has played with MUCH better players than Mikko has over his career. Pleks has always had Kovalev, A.Kost, Camm, Gionta to play with…Mikko, yah not so much…Mikko is a bonda fide #1 center, Pleks is more of a #2.

41. Exit716 says:

I guess size does matter. Almost $2 million a year more for Koivu over Plekanec with nearly identical career stats.

Too bad Risebrough took Koivu at 6 in 2001 instead of Komisarek.

42. spos080808 says:

Mikko may be the best player in the league that nobody really knows about. He does play in a great hockey marketm but unfortunately the team has not been very good over the years, thus Mikko’s name is talked about across NHL circles, and that is a shame…This kid is a bonda fide #1 and a great all-around player, with great offensive ability…

A little overpayment? Sure, but not by much. He is better than Pleks and better than Kesler so $5 mil per was not enough…Is he worth $7 mil? I do not think so. I think $6 would have been perfect for him…

But cannot blame Minn for giving him $750k more per season considering he is their captain and if he ever went to UFA, he would have received at a MINIMUM $7 million from a team!

43. The Cat says:

I agree. Good post.

44. smiler2729 says:

Auld is better than Aebischer, now that guy was the worst Habs goalie I’ve seen (yeah, worse than Red Light)

45. derfab says:

Saku is much better too. Talk about not having wingers.

A whole career with stiffs that couldn`t even ride shotgun for him while he had his hands slashed, knees clipped, face rubbed and eye gouged. Back from cancer?  Cut loose and his number handed to baked Alaska. Though I am a fan, it is of the players, I am not proud of this franchise.

character is derfab destiny.