The mourning after

Hey, snap out of it.

Lars Eller played great. So did Dustin Boyd.

Carey Price was not shelled.

Three defensive errors, three GA.

No one should feel bad this morning.

Well, maybe Benoit Pouliot …

Morning Tweets from Dave Stubbs: Cammalleri was a very unhappy press-box resident last night, which is a very good thing and ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun: Lars Eller really impressed me in person last night. The kid can play. They got somebody for Halak, folks.

• Canadiens a work in progress

Quotes from the room

Stubbs on P.K.

• Yvon Pedneault on Carey Price

• From a Toronto angle

Jordan Eberle scores a beauty and the Oilers romp

And video evidence to suggest Karri Ramo may not be the next Patrick Roy. The score was 1-1, and a Dman made a desperate clearing attempt in front of Ramo’s opposite number. The puck travelled the length of the ice, and …

2U6GZ5cmBw0

1. LA Loyalist says:

Um, we lost to the Leafs.

“You don’t win The Stanley Cup in the first game” – Carey Price

2. SLONCOLD says:

well 5 mil seems like alot but then again they r paying ryder 4. lots of people in teh league think 5m for pleks is alot of money.

3. krob1000 says:

What is all this about MAB coming back to save our PP? Are you people serious…MArkov is the PP….not MAB….anyone who can shoot a puck from the right point and is a left shot Markov can turn into a pp genius.  He has done it with Souray, Streit, and MAB.  Markov’s ability to make cors ice passes if the forward takes away the point man, his ability to jump down low and his unreal passing ability (always in the shooting pocket) make anyone better.  IF  and this is a gigantic IF……MAB is still without contract….AND…our PP sucks with Markov and Subban because Subban is a righty and they may move Markov to the other point?  I would expect though that with Markov around…then maybe?? .Alex Picard could turn into a legit pp threat though from that side…..unless MAB is Markov’s new nickname there is some weird crap being spewed about on here today. Mike Green mans the right point on the PP as a righty…but they have Oveckins right hand cannon from the other side as the one timer option…be interesting to see how things paly out on the pp….with the whole righty/lefty thing with Markov and Subban….only given that markov usually plays the left side point on the pp like Subban.  The cross ice to Pleks or Cammi or Kovy or whoever has always been key to our success and creates space so I am not sure what they will do…..does PK just amn the 2nd unit? move Picard in there? do tehy switch them? does Pk play the right side leaving our best pp guy in Markov most comfortable but then we lose the one timer from the right side??? some rather serious questions given the importance of the pp to this team…..

4. SeriousFan09 says:

Briere’s the only player to publically turn down a Habs offer, you think the Habs haven’t offered other French Canadians the money so they could bring in more hometown heroes in the last 10 years that could score more than a handful of goals each year?

I’m tired of players saying “Oh I’d love to be here” than they manage to spend their entire career everywhere but Montreal. If they really cared, if the Canadiens were the team they felt his deep overriding passion to play there than hey maybe they would take a little less than the biggest offer because it meant that much to them. So far, no takers.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

5. SLONCOLD says:

totally slick mask…. on another note did anyone notice price changed his pads again lol. he went from epics to v4 velocities….

6. LA Loyalist says:

It Depends ™

7. PrimeTime says:

You make it sound like the games will all be won or lost on Price’s performance. Well excuse, but sure a game can be stolen or lost by the goalie, but the mass majority of games are deciced by the team’s performance. We were missing 3 top players last night and still close to getting a point. I subscribe to the theory if 2 or 3 of your top 11 players (goalie, top 4 D, top 6 F’s) do not play well or are injured you will not win. The games are decided solely on the goalies performance so lay off your inaccurate post game analysis!…………………………………………

People build teams in certain ways. I’ve always traded for futures – not pasts.” – Sam Pollock

The reason we are Hab fans http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1476

8. adam76 says:

The “Thoroughbreds” win loss record in 2010:
    5 – 13 Why worry?

9. SLONCOLD says:

uhm why would a player ever take a pay cut? and why would he want to play in montreal when boston is looking like they could be considered an elite team; also the dude above shuld realise that in recent memory the only player to really turn down a habs offer was briere i believe.

10. SeriousFan09 says:

Wow, I’m agreeing with Shiloh mostly.

Oh damn, here come the Horsemen.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

11. jimmy shaker says:

While we for the most part disagree on most topics, as I posted something similar below….I agree that MAB has to be on this team.  For a team that doesn’t produce 5 v 5, the PP has to be the difference on this team.  I’d take MAB over picard anyday!  He’s still rehabing his knee, but should be ready to go by then end of October.  Bring him back Gauthier!  This is what the D would look like….

Marky/Subban

Gorges/Gill

Spacek/Hammer/MAB  (rotating these 3 guys amongst eachother)

7D with 11 forwards Cammy, gio, AK46, eller, poully all taking a 2nd shift on the fourth line on a rotating system.

Shaker

12. Mr. Biter says:

Did not know about MAB’s surgery. Thanks for the info.

13. Mattyleg says:

Hey everyone, remember the Latvian slugger that was supposed to beat everyone up for us a few years back until Chara smashed his orbital bone and ended his Montreal career?

Here he is again to similar result!

Sorry there’s no sound.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

14. SLONCOLD says:

from a goalies perspective my view on the goals. The first one was stopable but price was down way to early and a little deep. The second goal was a nifty move by kessel. Price did over play kessel to cut across the crease but that’s because kessel came in with a ton of speed. 3rd goal is almost impossible to stop; the defense has to take away that shot. by letting the player cut to the inside, it forces goalies to slide across.

price made 3 huge stops in the game which is very good to see. i think the 3rd line was great yesterday with a shout out to laps. eller showed some flashes which was awesome as well….. gomez? didn’t know he was in the lineup until i checked the box scores…

15. Mr. Biter says:

Agree totally with your post. Posted almosted the same before i read your post.

16. Harani says:

The problem is that MAB also had surgery is only expected to be ready in November. Which is after Markov will be back. So, after Markov returns, if our problem are still significant, we can consider MAB.

“It must be love!”

17. SeriousFan09 says:

New pictures of Price’s mask courtesy of Stubb’s Twitter.

#1

#2

#3

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

18. Mattyleg says:

Good post!

Although I don’t agree with you about AK. He seemed drifty again.

I give all Habs the benefit of the doubt always, but I started getting a bit irritated with Drifty Driftoffski.

Show some heart!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

19. Corio says:

That goal by Eberle was EPIC!  Wow this guy is awesome, I am so jealous of Edmonton..

20. SeriousFan09 says:

His chances at a bigger contract going up in smoke.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

21. Mattyleg says:

Of course he wasn’t.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

22. Natrous says:

Except that getting rid of him didn’t give us a grinding goal scorer back…

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Because Bergeron and most of the French Canadians give the party line to the media that they’d ‘love to play in Montreal’ than go after the money elsewhere. He just passed over his UFA period and took the cash in Boston, I’m sure he’ll give a lovely quote to the media the next time he’s here about wanting to play in Montreal one day but actions speak for something.

The day a Francophone takes a pay cut over the UFA market to come play in Montreal I’ll believe it’s not bunk that they have this real passion to play here right now, I’ll take guys who Plekanec who actually come through on their word.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

24. Bryan says:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with everything you just said.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.