The morning after the night before

More pressure on Price – Pat Hickey

• Arpon Basu not impressed by Auld signing

• Neither is Yvon Pedneault

François Gagnon’s take

You must be Jokinen – Eric Duhatschek

• Scott Burnside grades the signings

• Jim Kelley: Huge bucks aren’t out there

1. Storm Man says:

It is called history. Time to move on and see what his stats will be this season.

2. Bill H says:

Very good point Jean.  These kind of things are often overlooked by the arm chair GMs around here.

3. Bill H says:

Why doesn’t Moore seem to fit into the plans?  He was great when he came
    over.

Good question.  How much is Moore askng?  What term does he want?  We don’t know, even in the age of the tweeting twitter.  It seems Boyd signed for less than Moore could be had for.  And its a one year deal.  I was pleasantly surprised at what Moore brought to the team last year. Too bad he had to go.

4. TripleX says:

Last season in 41 games Price was 13-20-5.  My math is bad so is that .500?

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

5. TripleX says:

I have a question?  Will that 2 or 3 million dollar player that it buys replace what Halak brings?

6. TripleX says:

Saying that Price will win 35 games could also look very embarrassing for you looking back.  So what is your point?  Everyone makes predictions that is what we do on HIO.

The Dominic Moore acquisition was bashed because PG gave up a  2nd round pick and many thought it was too much for a player that was available for nothing earlier in the season.  Now that is looks likely Moore is not coming back it makes the move even more suspect.

So after 20 games we are allowed to make critical comments?  Why thank you.

ps people are upset about Halak leaving because of what he accomplished a couple of months ago but maybe you missed it

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

7. KenD29 says:

Where he was offered $500k more plus an extra year. Will not have to pay extraodinary taxes, and more importantly, have a LEGITIMATE shot at starting more than 20 games!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

8. TomNickle says:

It looked like the words of a frustrated man, but no worries.

On the defensive play.  I have no doubt the team will be better defensively with another year of Martin.  But Roman Hamrlik to me is the biggest liability we could have.  For the record, I’d be upset if we were paying that guy the league minimum on our team.  I’d rather have Weber with the big club in all honesty.

I hear the argument that he logged big minutes when Markov was gone.  And it is accurate.  But he logged big minutes on a team that was bad defensively without Markov and went 6 games under .500.

If you’re logging big minutes in a ton of losses, it stands to reason that you’re more valuable off the team than on it.

9. Ground Chuck says:

I know you are, but what am I?

10. Max_a_million says:

Young players get better by playing.  That’s why I wanted O’Byrne to play more.

I don’t think Auld was at all the best value they could have gotten for a million bucks, but playing Care y 60+ games is the way to push him to fulfill his potential.  I am not a fan of the back and forth hot goalie technique.  You learn by making mistakes, and taking chances.  Let him swim or get out of the pool.

11. Ground Chuck says:

“Like I told you, what I said… Steal your face right off your head…”

12. pic1983 says:

Its one of those “damned if you, damned if you dont type ordeal”.  Price bargaining position increased because we traded halak, but if we signed CArey price to an extension first, the writing would have been on the wall that we were moving halak, and halaks value would have plummeted.  The habs have hitched their wagon to price, and i dont see why they wouldnt pay him like a franchise #1 accordingly.

13. Storm Man says:

Guess you did not go to any home games in 1999-2001. That was a very bad team.

14. aemarchand11 says:

Because i’m allowed :)

15. habsguy says:

I saw that last night,  he even said goodbye to the players saying he wouldn’t be back!!!