The marathon continues

The Canadiens’ third game in three nights welcomes Guillaume Latendresse back to the Bell Centre for the first time since the trade.

It would be cool if Gui! Gui! Gui! were facing Benoit Pouliot, but Team A has a not-so-well-earned day off after playing in Ottawa last night.

The lineup:

Brian Gionta – Scott Gomez – Andrei Kostitsyn
Lars Eller – David Desharnais – Mathieu Darche
Max Pacioretty – Dustin Boyd – Ryan White
James Wyman – Andreas Engqvist – Ian Schultz

D pairings
Ryan O’Byrne – Alex Henry
Mathieu Carle – Brendon Nash
PK Subban – Alexandre Picard

Goaltenders
Alex Auld will go all the way

Boone blogs live

• Arpon Basu on the enduring Guy Boucher influence

Kovy II vs. Avery: Round I

I think Carey Price has learned a very valuable
    lesson this camp. While most players were working hard at their
    training most of the summer, it appears Carey was enjoying his summer
    other ways.

Now this is only a guess on my part, but he sure is
    not up to his playing shape at all. It sure looks as he is behind in
    his reflex timing and poisoning. He has a great deal of catching up to
    do with his team mates it appears.

In years long gone by, players
    would enjoy the off season, doing other activities missed while playing
    a long regular and play off season.  At the detriment of their overall
    condition. They use to come to camp to get back their reflex action,
    timing and positioning and to build back their lungs and bodies into
    playing shape. But you just can not do that anymore in this modern
    hockey ERA.

Today you can no longer be a pro living like that.
    You must stay in shape and train everyday all summer long or find
    yourself behind and in the same situation that our number 1 goal tender
    seems to finds himself in this training camp, and that is he is far
    behind most of his team mates conditioning to start this year.

This
    is one of the reasons that some players take so much longer than others
    to develop into professionals and should stay in the minors long enough
    to get the whole picture at becoming a pro. This game today is 80%
    between the ears, and total dedication is needed so as not to fall
    behind the pros that no what they must do.

I have no doubt that
    Price will be able to carry the mail for our club as we go forward, but
    he has much to learn at being a true pro. The first is how to keep up
    your condition mentally and physically with the rest of the
    professionals in this league.

Now I sure do not know if this is
    Carey,s problem or not, but for me he is no where as quick or as agile
    and he is behind the play in his timing.

2. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahah!!!!

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

3. linp says:

You can watch part of the game on RIS live.

4. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahaha

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

5. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahaha

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

6. nightmare_49 says:

Latendresse, Wild hoping breakout year wasn’t one-   time fluke

It’s tough to be hungry when you’re full,” Richards said. “You lose your hunger, you lose your drive if you feel like you’re satisfied. Gui can’t be satisfied.”

7. Danno says:

Rubber is vulcanized. Metal is galvanized. Jacques Martin’s hair is Simonized. And Carey Price is demonized.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

8. Blouin says:

P.K. is definitely going to be a huge contributor this year. He’s noted as a high reward draft pick in this article:

http://sports.unpluckedgems.com/index.php/nhl/130-unplucked-gems-under-the-radar-2010-fantasy-hockey-high-reward-picks (It’s also as a slideshow at Bleacher Report.)

Depending on how the rest of his camp goes, he’s inline to eat up some big minutes out of the gate. He taking it all in stride.

<>sports.unpluckedgems.com – your other source; we always keep it current.<>

9. ZepFan2 says:

The Bell Centre.

*runs away*

————————————————————————-

- Steven Tyler

10. ZepFan2 says:

Lmao

Nice!

————————————————————————–

- Steven Tyler

11. likehoy says:

anywhere to watch this game tonight?

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

12. Danno says:

A training camp for training camp so the guys are ready for training camp.

I like it!

New, you’re not so new anymore are you?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

13. nightmare_49 says:

Sports Talk Radio Exploits Lunatic Fringe

AllHabs | September 26, 2010

by Rick Stephens, AllHabs.net

MONTREAL, QC. — Some time ago, political parties figured out that dumb people vote too. Why go to the trouble of presenting intelligent arguments in support of a platform that would only be fully understood by so few? There is a huge pool of the electorate that is easily influenced by other means.

The politics of division, negative ads, and fear mongering was popularized.

Similarly hard core sports enthusiasts study game footage, pour over statistics, and seek out in-depth analysis. It’s no different in the NHL. But as hockey reaches new fans and diverse markets, those new to the game arrive looking for the mega-mall rather than the specialty shop.

14. New says:

I am skimming the comments (mainly looking for links to hockey stories) and have to compliment HIO on the page hits and comments about training camp. The amount of interest in these partial team practices is incredible. There may even be a market to televise Habs skating drills complete with colour play by play and analysis of the goaltenders performance. I’d like to know whose blood sugar is low from skipping breakfast because they were up all night listening to the ice machine clutter outside their room, and who isn’t putting 100% into practice just to make an AHL player look his best.

What I want is for all my favorite players who have been off since spring to give it their all right from the get-go. I want to see those ACL’s pop! I want those quads  torn! I want recurring groin injuries galore! That’s what I want. Oh and I want some sort of training camp for training camp so the guys are ready for training camp – because obviously they have lost sight of reality.

15. TorontoHabsFan says:

Does this mean that Eller is playing wing on the 2nd line? Hmm, interesting – two games played, neither at Centre.

I wonder, could he be slotted as a 2nd line winger, and not 3rd line Centre to start the season?

16. ooder says:

But Avery said referee Paul Devorksi told him that he had gotten his 10-minute misconduct for going after a superstar.

“He specifically told me I got it because [Kovalchuk] is a superstar, and I can’t go after a superstar,” Avery said of the dialog that took place in the box with 9:07 to go in the second. “I told him I make $4 million. I’m a superstar, too.”

hahaha awesome answer by Avery.. hate the little puke but that’s funny.

what isn’t funny is the super star treatement.. i mean it was very obvious during the pittsburg series how MTL had to paly the pens and the refs at the same time

——————

88 is the new 23

17. habfan4life says:

I think Boone should do a little more research before he posts his comments.  Look it up Boone…. December 17th, 2009.  Played in Montreal.  Lost 3-1 but Latendresse failed to register a point.  Remember it as clear as day. Guillaume got booed everytime he stepped on the ice.

18. Danno says:

Auld the way… to the Cup?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

19. Mikey_39 says:

When I first heard Price had let in all six goals, I must admit I was really worried.  But it’s pre-season.  I’d rather it happen now, and it motivates him to work even harder before the season starts.  Aside from the cap space, the Spacek thing really isn’t a problem.  We’re so deep at defense.  Even with Markov gone, I don’t mind bringing up our prospects to give them a shot. But I think he’ll get his stuff together tho.  Maybe put him back with Hammertime.  They were a pretty good duo last year when Marky was out.

20. SeriousFan09 says:

Roman Hamrlik and Jaroslav Spacek were on hand in MTL to hold the fort down and they signed MAB to boost the PP. Islanders do not that have those options and ‘offensive powerhouse’ would start and end with Tavares if he has his breakout year and Moulson isn’t a 1-hit wonder.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

21. Everlasting1 says:

I filter my fluoridated water. Nazis used copious amounts during the holocaust. I’m far removed.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

22. fbkj says:

… or get a mac

i keed, yes it prompted me to dl a xvid codec… scanning now to make sure

23. aemarchand11 says:

I dont think these line combinations are correct. Renault Lavoie tweeted yesterday that Avstin is not injured and will be playing tonight.

2010-2011