The marathon continues

The Canadiens’ third game in three nights welcomes Guillaume Latendresse back to the Bell Centre for the first time since the trade.

It would be cool if Gui! Gui! Gui! were facing Benoit Pouliot, but Team A has a not-so-well-earned day off after playing in Ottawa last night.

The lineup:

Brian Gionta – Scott Gomez – Andrei Kostitsyn
Lars Eller – David Desharnais – Mathieu Darche
Max Pacioretty – Dustin Boyd – Ryan White
James Wyman – Andreas Engqvist – Ian Schultz

D pairings
Ryan O’Byrne – Alex Henry
Mathieu Carle – Brendon Nash
PK Subban – Alexandre Picard

Goaltenders
Alex Auld will go all the way

β€’ Boone blogs live

β€’ Arpon Basu on the enduring Guy Boucher influence

β€’ Kovy II vs. Avery: Round I

1. W35T5ID3 says:

Thanks Serious Fan09

2. habs-hampton says:

Even the silence is better than Bob Cole!

3. habs-hampton says:

Last week I posted my thoughts on PK fighting Maxwell, and running the chance of getting hurt in a meaningless scrimmage. A lot of people disgreed with me. How do you think the Isles fans feel now that Matt Moulson has crosschecked their best D-man out for months (or longer), during a scrimmage?

4. Puck Bard says:

Wait, got one. Watching Wings right now:

5. SeriousFan09 says:

This is the internal Bell Centre feed that Warhero found on Friday night, hopefully it works since it’s a Bell Centre match. No audio besides the sounds of the arena, but you can always access CJAD radio and use that as well, but it will be either ahead/behind the action (I forget which) so just pretend you’ve got Bob Cole calling the game.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

6. habs001 says:

i think martin likes pyatt and is willing to have him on the team and play him even if he scores about 4 goals a season…darche i believe will be kept for now with the big team…if ak46 and pouliot pull what they did in their last 30 games than i can see some moves on forward but that will not happen for about 20 games and  than these 2 will be moved out

7. Puck Bard says:

Thanks W3, right there with you…  And please, something for us CAN starved ex-pats in the States.

8. scrowe21 says:

Thanks for the video

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

9. Puck Bard says:

Unbelievable… what a franchise.

10. W35T5ID3 says:

Anyone have a working link for tonights game?

11. nightmare_49 says:

C – There you go, proof to validate his point of view.

12. Puck Bard says:

Yup, that’s The Word. Another Sergei in the making.

13. Puck Bard says:

This is interesting?

14. nightmare_49 says:

Your favourite players, in their own words – Brian Wilde’s CTV Scrum before tonight’s match. (OB, Eller and Schultz),

15. scrowe21 says:

I dunno…Darche has a 1 way contract this year.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

16. TorontoHabsFan says:

I’m not so sure about that – I think 1 spot is potentially available. If one of the young guys like Palushaj or Pacioretty make their case, then Pyatt would be bumped to the 13th slot and Darche would go to Hamilton (and be very nicely compensated for it πŸ™‚

Personally I’d like to see this bottom six:

Lapierre-Eller-Palushaj/Pacioretty

Halpern-Boyd-Moen

Pyatt as the spare.

17. adam76 says:

Halak is gone, get over it.

18. ZepFan2 says:

Right here:

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

19. habs001 says:

the forwards that will be on the opening day roster are determined …..there are no openings till injuries,bad performance or trade occurs in the regular season …top 6 set camm,gion,plecks,gomez,pouliot,ak46,,,,bottom 6 …lapps,boyd,moen,pyatt,eller,halpern…extra darche…our future scoring prospects are not nhl ready yet and players that can play in the nhl  like white,maxpac have no offensive talent that is any better than our bottom six…

20. Everlasting1 says:

Do they conflict with your’s? πŸ™‚

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

21. Everlasting1 says:

JM does give the impression of a hardlined militant, heavyhandedly moulding the youth corp for his rigid system with a strict compliance policy.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

22. Danno says:

Price craves to be lionized. Instead he is scrutinized. Soon he will be psychoanalysed.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

23. Bugs says:

Link to these reports, please.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

24. Everlasting1 says:

Yea, there are reports circulating of an unconfirmed purported twit of an unsubstantiated rumour from an alleged source out of la belle province claiming Jaro is to hit the weightroom with a conditioning coach on the day of question at an undisclosed training facility in St.Louis, but that’s yet to be verified by neither Jaro’s camp nor by Blues’ trainers. Allegedly. πŸ˜›

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

25. Chuck says:

I know! The last time Halak sat 4 games in a row, Alan Walsh became a mini-celebrity!

The Blues don’t play again for three more nights after tonight, on the 30th vs. Chicago. If Halak plays that game, it’ll be his first game action in 9 days, which seems a little strange for the pre-season. Maybe he tweaked something in the first game.

26. notbigbird says:

I think I read that he needs an attitude adjustment. Sound familiar?

27. saskhabfan says:

Uh oh,looks like we might see another trade demand through twitter by halak…..um i mean by his agent.

28. HabFanSince72 says:

Are you serious? He didn’t want to play here?

He was too young when he was thrust into the spotlight. And Jack Martin decided from day one that he didn’t like him.

That’s what happened to Latendresse. The failure is entirely the Habs’ in this case.

29. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Many fans are demoralized…

30. Chuck says:

Interesting… The St. Louis website says that Ty Conklin and Ben Bishop will be handling the goaltending duties tonight against the Avalanche. Both of them already have a full preseason game under their belts, while Halak hasn’t played a minute since game 1.

31. yves_on_habs says:

Glad Eller is in the lineup tonight…. Schultz too…

Also wondering what kind of game Max Pac will have.

But as a few others have mentioned… I was really hoping to see a bit of Avtsin.  Wondering why he hasn’t been getting any playing time.

– Yves –

Blog – http://yvesonhabs.com

Twitter – http://twitter.com/yves_on_habs

32. Caballero says:

I am sure he is a marked man. Tenderb*&^s must realize that you can’t start bad mouthing a former team the second you are traded. No class, and now he says he wouldn’t rule out coming back. So tender on his part. Maybe a solid hit will deflate his big head.

33. mrhabby says:

Ian ..iam not sure thats entirely true that he took the summer off. i read various reports over the summer that he went to goalkeeping school and worked on his glove hand in LA.

ps..he would not be the first and last player that an organization tied there line to. I still think the kid has great talent. he did sign a contract with the habs so he did make a committment.

d

34. JIMVINNY says:

I take back everything I ever said about you being a french-player-lover.  That’s just mean.

35. Chuck says:

I don’t mind if he paces himself, but it’s the pylon imitations that I can do without.  πŸ™‚

36. SPATS says:

Well said Ian, he’s down early and then flopping around while the shooter only has to wait a split second for an easy goal. He looks very weak so far and his aloofness only creates more anxiety doesn’t it?

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

37. SeriousFan09 says:

Isles need the kind of defencemen a Top 5 pick can bring in though, long-term this is helping them even if some might not see it that way. While the Habs pick the bill of course on this broken franchise that Mad Mike Milbury annihilated and is now paid as an ‘expert’ analyst on 3 different TV networks.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

38. Chuck says:

Ouch! With friends like Matt Moulson, who needs enemies?  πŸ™‚

Anyways, the Laffs must be breathing a little easier this afternoon. It just got a little more difficult to finish last overall.

39. otter649 says:

Wade Redden makes over 6 million dollars a year does that make Redden a superstar ?

40. SeriousFan09 says:

Islanders are going to be looking at a Top 5 pick for the 2011 draft, Mark Streit underwent shoulder surgery and is out 6 months. Absolutely no defence for them now and their PP is shot. Isles are out of the playoff race as of today.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

41. Bugs says:

I just hope Tendre Guidoune doesn’t have an “accident.”

You know? Guy comes back. Wants to impress. Gives a little extra. Maybe over-extends himself. Former teammates want to stop’m. Give a little extra. Maybe over-extend themselves. That’s how “accidents” happen.

God forbid and everything, but a cross-check in the throat or a skate-slash along the calf can happen suddenly when you over-extend yourself. “Accidents”, you know?

Aaah, I’m sure the guy’ll be alright.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

42. Chuck says:

An interesting perspective, Bryan. And as someone who works in that industry, I can tell you that there’s a lot of truth to it. It’s amazing what some people will believe simply because they “heard it on the radio”.

A host who goes on the air and states that “Carey Price sucks” to get ratings and without doing proper research to back up his point of view is doing more harm to the team that he’ll ever know.

43. Yeats says:

I don’t know Ian. He may be pacing himself. But if you ask me, Spacek looks like he needs a few tugboats to haul him around the ice.

44. coachdoug says:

RIS = French Canadien “Ocho”…Wish RDS was covering this

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

45. habs001 says:

latts did not wish to play here and had a bad attitude ,,,but based on his age his career scoring stats are way better than the players we have on our team in his age group

46. oshawahabsfan says:

It’s too bad Pouliot’s squad played last night, I wanted to see them playing against eachother. I still believe Montreal will come out winners in that trade

47. oshawahabsfan says:

I just read this and was about to post it, not quick enough on the draw

48. aemarchand11 says:

http://www.canoe.tv had the scoreboard feed for the last game at the bell center. Maybe it will have it again, no commentary but its not stop action.

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

Not to worry, these old vets know how to pace themselves and when the games mean something, they know where to be.

50. likehoy says:

i hope gui plays poorly tonight

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

I think Carey Price has learned a very valuable
    lesson this camp. While most players were working hard at their
    training most of the summer, it appears Carey was enjoying his summer
    other ways.

Now this is only a guess on my part, but he sure is
    not up to his playing shape at all. It sure looks as he is behind in
    his reflex timing and poisoning. He has a great deal of catching up to
    do with his team mates it appears.

In years long gone by, players
    would enjoy the off season, doing other activities missed while playing
    a long regular and play off season.  At the detriment of their overall
    condition. They use to come to camp to get back their reflex action,
    timing and positioning and to build back their lungs and bodies into
    playing shape. But you just can not do that anymore in this modern
    hockey ERA.

Today you can no longer be a pro living like that.
    You must stay in shape and train everyday all summer long or find
    yourself behind and in the same situation that our number 1 goal tender
    seems to finds himself in this training camp, and that is he is far
    behind most of his team mates conditioning to start this year.

This
    is one of the reasons that some players take so much longer than others
    to develop into professionals and should stay in the minors long enough
    to get the whole picture at becoming a pro. This game today is 80%
    between the ears, and total dedication is needed so as not to fall
    behind the pros that no what they must do.

I have no doubt that
    Price will be able to carry the mail for our club as we go forward, but
    he has much to learn at being a true pro. The first is how to keep up
    your condition mentally and physically with the rest of the
    professionals in this league.

Now I sure do not know if this is
    Carey,s problem or not, but for me he is no where as quick or as agile
    and he is behind the play in his timing.

52. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahah!!!!

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

53. linp says:

You can watch part of the game on RIS live.

54. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahaha

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

55. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahaha

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

56. nightmare_49 says:

Latendresse, Wild hoping breakout year wasn’t one-   time fluke

It’s tough to be hungry when you’re full,” Richards said. “You lose your hunger, you lose your drive if you feel like you’re satisfied. Gui can’t be satisfied.”

57. Danno says:

Rubber is vulcanized. Metal is galvanized. Jacques Martin’s hair is Simonized. And Carey Price is demonized.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

58. Blouin says:

P.K. is definitely going to be a huge contributor this year. He’s noted as a high reward draft pick in this article:

http://sports.unpluckedgems.com/index.php/nhl/130-unplucked-gems-under-the-radar-2010-fantasy-hockey-high-reward-picks (It’s also as a slideshow at Bleacher Report.)

Depending on how the rest of his camp goes, he’s inline to eat up some big minutes out of the gate. He taking it all in stride.

<>sports.unpluckedgems.com – your other source; we always keep it current.<>

59. ZepFan2 says:

The Bell Centre.

*runs away*

————————————————————————-

– Steven Tyler

60. ZepFan2 says:

Lmao

Nice!

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

61. likehoy says:

anywhere to watch this game tonight?

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

62. Danno says:

A training camp for training camp so the guys are ready for training camp.

I like it!

New, you’re not so new anymore are you?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

63. nightmare_49 says:

Sports Talk Radio Exploits Lunatic Fringe

AllHabs | September 26, 2010

by Rick Stephens, AllHabs.net

MONTREAL, QC. β€” Some time ago, political parties figured out that dumb people vote too. Why go to the trouble of presenting intelligent arguments in support of a platform that would only be fully understood by so few? There is a huge pool of the electorate that is easily influenced by other means.

The politics of division, negative ads, and fear mongering was popularized.

Similarly hard core sports enthusiasts study game footage, pour over statistics, and seek out in-depth analysis. It’s no different in the NHL. But as hockey reaches new fans and diverse markets, those new to the game arrive looking for the mega-mall rather than the specialty shop.

64. New says:

I am skimming the comments (mainly looking for links to hockey stories) and have to compliment HIO on the page hits and comments about training camp. The amount of interest in these partial team practices is incredible. There may even be a market to televise Habs skating drills complete with colour play by play and analysis of the goaltenders performance. I’d like to know whose blood sugar is low from skipping breakfast because they were up all night listening to the ice machine clutter outside their room, and who isn’t putting 100% into practice just to make an AHL player look his best.

What I want is for all my favorite players who have been off since spring to give it their all right from the get-go. I want to see those ACL’s pop! I want those quads  torn! I want recurring groin injuries galore! That’s what I want. Oh and I want some sort of training camp for training camp so the guys are ready for training camp – because obviously they have lost sight of reality.

65. TorontoHabsFan says:

Does this mean that Eller is playing wing on the 2nd line? Hmm, interesting – two games played, neither at Centre.

I wonder, could he be slotted as a 2nd line winger, and not 3rd line Centre to start the season?

66. ooder says:

But Avery said referee Paul Devorksi told him that he had gotten his 10-minute misconduct for going after a superstar.

“He specifically told me I got it because [Kovalchuk] is a superstar, and I can’t go after a superstar,” Avery said of the dialog that took place in the box with 9:07 to go in the second. “I told him I make $4 million. I’m a superstar, too.”

hahaha awesome answer by Avery.. hate the little puke but that’s funny.

what isn’t funny is the super star treatement.. i mean it was very obvious during the pittsburg series how MTL had to paly the pens and the refs at the same time

——————

88 is the new 23

67. habfan4life says:

I think Boone should do a little more research before he posts his comments.  Look it up Boone…. December 17th, 2009.  Played in Montreal.  Lost 3-1 but Latendresse failed to register a point.  Remember it as clear as day. Guillaume got booed everytime he stepped on the ice.

68. Danno says:

Auld the way… to the Cup?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

69. Mikey_39 says:

When I first heard Price had let in all six goals, I must admit I was really worried.  But it’s pre-season.  I’d rather it happen now, and it motivates him to work even harder before the season starts.  Aside from the cap space, the Spacek thing really isn’t a problem.  We’re so deep at defense.  Even with Markov gone, I don’t mind bringing up our prospects to give them a shot. But I think he’ll get his stuff together tho.  Maybe put him back with Hammertime.  They were a pretty good duo last year when Marky was out.

70. aemarchand11 says:

I dont think these line combinations are correct. Renault Lavoie tweeted yesterday that Avstin is not injured and will be playing tonight.

2010-2011

71. SensFanSpezza says:

Saw last night’s game, and you guys are right to worry.  Not about Price even if he had some head scratcher moments, but about Spacek.  Oh man he was brutal.  If this guy is taking a spot making more than three mill a year, the next two seasons are going to be looooong.  I wouldn’t judge Price until I saw him with a real defense first.

72. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Anyone see Avery last night, wouldn’t drop the gloves with Carkner but droped as soon as he was lined up with Kovy, and then pots a goal, I don’t care what anyone says about him, I’d take him anyday.