The marathon continues

The Canadiens’ third game in three nights welcomes Guillaume Latendresse back to the Bell Centre for the first time since the trade.

It would be cool if Gui! Gui! Gui! were facing Benoit Pouliot, but Team A has a not-so-well-earned day off after playing in Ottawa last night.

The lineup:

Brian Gionta – Scott Gomez – Andrei Kostitsyn
Lars Eller – David Desharnais – Mathieu Darche
Max Pacioretty – Dustin Boyd – Ryan White
James Wyman – Andreas Engqvist – Ian Schultz

D pairings
Ryan O’Byrne – Alex Henry
Mathieu Carle – Brendon Nash
PK Subban – Alexandre Picard

Goaltenders
Alex Auld will go all the way

Boone blogs live

• Arpon Basu on the enduring Guy Boucher influence

Kovy II vs. Avery: Round I

1. W35T5ID3 says:

Thanks Serious Fan09

2. habs-hampton says:

Even the silence is better than Bob Cole!

3. habs-hampton says:

Last week I posted my thoughts on PK fighting Maxwell, and running the chance of getting hurt in a meaningless scrimmage. A lot of people disgreed with me. How do you think the Isles fans feel now that Matt Moulson has crosschecked their best D-man out for months (or longer), during a scrimmage?

4. Puck Bard says:

Wait, got one. Watching Wings right now:

5. SeriousFan09 says:

This is the internal Bell Centre feed that Warhero found on Friday night, hopefully it works since it’s a Bell Centre match. No audio besides the sounds of the arena, but you can always access CJAD radio and use that as well, but it will be either ahead/behind the action (I forget which) so just pretend you’ve got Bob Cole calling the game.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

6. habs001 says:

i think martin likes pyatt and is willing to have him on the team and play him even if he scores about 4 goals a season…darche i believe will be kept for now with the big team…if ak46 and pouliot pull what they did in their last 30 games than i can see some moves on forward but that will not happen for about 20 games and  than these 2 will be moved out

7. Puck Bard says:

Thanks W3, right there with you…  And please, something for us CAN starved ex-pats in the States.

8. scrowe21 says:

Thanks for the video

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

9. Puck Bard says:

Unbelievable… what a franchise.

10. W35T5ID3 says:

Anyone have a working link for tonights game?

11. nightmare_49 says:

C – There you go, proof to validate his point of view.

12. Puck Bard says:

Yup, that’s The Word. Another Sergei in the making.

13. Puck Bard says:

This is interesting?

14. nightmare_49 says:

Your favourite players, in their own words – Brian Wilde’s CTV Scrum before tonight’s match. (OB, Eller and Schultz),

15. scrowe21 says:

I dunno…Darche has a 1 way contract this year.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

16. TorontoHabsFan says:

I’m not so sure about that – I think 1 spot is potentially available. If one of the young guys like Palushaj or Pacioretty make their case, then Pyatt would be bumped to the 13th slot and Darche would go to Hamilton (and be very nicely compensated for it :)

Personally I’d like to see this bottom six:

Lapierre-Eller-Palushaj/Pacioretty

Halpern-Boyd-Moen

Pyatt as the spare.

17. adam76 says:

Halak is gone, get over it.

18. ZepFan2 says:

Right here:

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

19. habs001 says:

the forwards that will be on the opening day roster are determined …..there are no openings till injuries,bad performance or trade occurs in the regular season …top 6 set camm,gion,plecks,gomez,pouliot,ak46,,,,bottom 6 …lapps,boyd,moen,pyatt,eller,halpern…extra darche…our future scoring prospects are not nhl ready yet and players that can play in the nhl  like white,maxpac have no offensive talent that is any better than our bottom six…

20. Everlasting1 says:

Do they conflict with your’s? :-)

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

21. Everlasting1 says:

JM does give the impression of a hardlined militant, heavyhandedly moulding the youth corp for his rigid system with a strict compliance policy.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

22. Danno says:

Price craves to be lionized. Instead he is scrutinized. Soon he will be psychoanalysed.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

23. Bugs says:

Link to these reports, please.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

24. Everlasting1 says:

Yea, there are reports circulating of an unconfirmed purported twit of an unsubstantiated rumour from an alleged source out of la belle province claiming Jaro is to hit the weightroom with a conditioning coach on the day of question at an undisclosed training facility in St.Louis, but that’s yet to be verified by neither Jaro’s camp nor by Blues’ trainers. Allegedly. 😛

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

25. Chuck says:

I know! The last time Halak sat 4 games in a row, Alan Walsh became a mini-celebrity!

The Blues don’t play again for three more nights after tonight, on the 30th vs. Chicago. If Halak plays that game, it’ll be his first game action in 9 days, which seems a little strange for the pre-season. Maybe he tweaked something in the first game.

26. notbigbird says:

I think I read that he needs an attitude adjustment. Sound familiar?

27. saskhabfan says:

Uh oh,looks like we might see another trade demand through twitter by halak…..um i mean by his agent.

28. HabFanSince72 says:

Are you serious? He didn’t want to play here?

He was too young when he was thrust into the spotlight. And Jack Martin decided from day one that he didn’t like him.

That’s what happened to Latendresse. The failure is entirely the Habs’ in this case.

29. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Many fans are demoralized…

30. Chuck says:

Interesting… The St. Louis website says that Ty Conklin and Ben Bishop will be handling the goaltending duties tonight against the Avalanche. Both of them already have a full preseason game under their belts, while Halak hasn’t played a minute since game 1.

31. yves_on_habs says:

Glad Eller is in the lineup tonight…. Schultz too…

Also wondering what kind of game Max Pac will have.

But as a few others have mentioned… I was really hoping to see a bit of Avtsin.  Wondering why he hasn’t been getting any playing time.

– Yves –

Blog – http://yvesonhabs.com

Twitter – http://twitter.com/yves_on_habs

32. Caballero says:

I am sure he is a marked man. Tenderb*&^s must realize that you can’t start bad mouthing a former team the second you are traded. No class, and now he says he wouldn’t rule out coming back. So tender on his part. Maybe a solid hit will deflate his big head.

33. mrhabby says:

Ian ..iam not sure thats entirely true that he took the summer off. i read various reports over the summer that he went to goalkeeping school and worked on his glove hand in LA.

ps..he would not be the first and last player that an organization tied there line to. I still think the kid has great talent. he did sign a contract with the habs so he did make a committment.

d

34. JIMVINNY says:

I take back everything I ever said about you being a french-player-lover.  That’s just mean.

35. Chuck says:

I don’t mind if he paces himself, but it’s the pylon imitations that I can do without.  :)

36. SPATS says:

Well said Ian, he’s down early and then flopping around while the shooter only has to wait a split second for an easy goal. He looks very weak so far and his aloofness only creates more anxiety doesn’t it?

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

37. SeriousFan09 says:

Isles need the kind of defencemen a Top 5 pick can bring in though, long-term this is helping them even if some might not see it that way. While the Habs pick the bill of course on this broken franchise that Mad Mike Milbury annihilated and is now paid as an ‘expert’ analyst on 3 different TV networks.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

38. Chuck says:

Ouch! With friends like Matt Moulson, who needs enemies?  :)

Anyways, the Laffs must be breathing a little easier this afternoon. It just got a little more difficult to finish last overall.

39. otter649 says:

Wade Redden makes over 6 million dollars a year does that make Redden a superstar ?

40. SeriousFan09 says:

Islanders are going to be looking at a Top 5 pick for the 2011 draft, Mark Streit underwent shoulder surgery and is out 6 months. Absolutely no defence for them now and their PP is shot. Isles are out of the playoff race as of today.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

41. Bugs says:

I just hope Tendre Guidoune doesn’t have an “accident.”

You know? Guy comes back. Wants to impress. Gives a little extra. Maybe over-extends himself. Former teammates want to stop’m. Give a little extra. Maybe over-extend themselves. That’s how “accidents” happen.

God forbid and everything, but a cross-check in the throat or a skate-slash along the calf can happen suddenly when you over-extend yourself. “Accidents”, you know?

Aaah, I’m sure the guy’ll be alright.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

42. Chuck says:

An interesting perspective, Bryan. And as someone who works in that industry, I can tell you that there’s a lot of truth to it. It’s amazing what some people will believe simply because they “heard it on the radio”.

A host who goes on the air and states that “Carey Price sucks” to get ratings and without doing proper research to back up his point of view is doing more harm to the team that he’ll ever know.

43. Yeats says:

I don’t know Ian. He may be pacing himself. But if you ask me, Spacek looks like he needs a few tugboats to haul him around the ice.

44. coachdoug says:

RIS = French Canadien “Ocho”…Wish RDS was covering this

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

45. habs001 says:

latts did not wish to play here and had a bad attitude ,,,but based on his age his career scoring stats are way better than the players we have on our team in his age group

46. oshawahabsfan says:

It’s too bad Pouliot’s squad played last night, I wanted to see them playing against eachother. I still believe Montreal will come out winners in that trade

47. oshawahabsfan says:

I just read this and was about to post it, not quick enough on the draw

48. aemarchand11 says:

http://www.canoe.tv had the scoreboard feed for the last game at the bell center. Maybe it will have it again, no commentary but its not stop action.

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

Not to worry, these old vets know how to pace themselves and when the games mean something, they know where to be.

50. likehoy says:

i hope gui plays poorly tonight

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

I think Carey Price has learned a very valuable
    lesson this camp. While most players were working hard at their
    training most of the summer, it appears Carey was enjoying his summer
    other ways.

Now this is only a guess on my part, but he sure is
    not up to his playing shape at all. It sure looks as he is behind in
    his reflex timing and poisoning. He has a great deal of catching up to
    do with his team mates it appears.

In years long gone by, players
    would enjoy the off season, doing other activities missed while playing
    a long regular and play off season.  At the detriment of their overall
    condition. They use to come to camp to get back their reflex action,
    timing and positioning and to build back their lungs and bodies into
    playing shape. But you just can not do that anymore in this modern
    hockey ERA.

Today you can no longer be a pro living like that.
    You must stay in shape and train everyday all summer long or find
    yourself behind and in the same situation that our number 1 goal tender
    seems to finds himself in this training camp, and that is he is far
    behind most of his team mates conditioning to start this year.

This
    is one of the reasons that some players take so much longer than others
    to develop into professionals and should stay in the minors long enough
    to get the whole picture at becoming a pro. This game today is 80%
    between the ears, and total dedication is needed so as not to fall
    behind the pros that no what they must do.

I have no doubt that
    Price will be able to carry the mail for our club as we go forward, but
    he has much to learn at being a true pro. The first is how to keep up
    your condition mentally and physically with the rest of the
    professionals in this league.

Now I sure do not know if this is
    Carey,s problem or not, but for me he is no where as quick or as agile
    and he is behind the play in his timing.

52. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahah!!!!

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

53. linp says:

You can watch part of the game on RIS live.

54. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahaha

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

55. filincal says:

aahhahhahahahaha

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

56. nightmare_49 says:

Latendresse, Wild hoping breakout year wasn’t one-   time fluke

It’s tough to be hungry when you’re full,” Richards said. “You lose your hunger, you lose your drive if you feel like you’re satisfied. Gui can’t be satisfied.”

57. Danno says:

Rubber is vulcanized. Metal is galvanized. Jacques Martin’s hair is Simonized. And Carey Price is demonized.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

58. Blouin says:

P.K. is definitely going to be a huge contributor this year. He’s noted as a high reward draft pick in this article:

http://sports.unpluckedgems.com/index.php/nhl/130-unplucked-gems-under-the-radar-2010-fantasy-hockey-high-reward-picks (It’s also as a slideshow at Bleacher Report.)

Depending on how the rest of his camp goes, he’s inline to eat up some big minutes out of the gate. He taking it all in stride.

<>sports.unpluckedgems.com – your other source; we always keep it current.<>

59. ZepFan2 says:

The Bell Centre.

*runs away*

————————————————————————-

– Steven Tyler

60. ZepFan2 says:

Lmao

Nice!

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

61. likehoy says:

anywhere to watch this game tonight?

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

62. Danno says:

A training camp for training camp so the guys are ready for training camp.

I like it!

New, you’re not so new anymore are you?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

63. nightmare_49 says:

Sports Talk Radio Exploits Lunatic Fringe

AllHabs | September 26, 2010

by Rick Stephens, AllHabs.net

MONTREAL, QC. — Some time ago, political parties figured out that dumb people vote too. Why go to the trouble of presenting intelligent arguments in support of a platform that would only be fully understood by so few? There is a huge pool of the electorate that is easily influenced by other means.

The politics of division, negative ads, and fear mongering was popularized.

Similarly hard core sports enthusiasts study game footage, pour over statistics, and seek out in-depth analysis. It’s no different in the NHL. But as hockey reaches new fans and diverse markets, those new to the game arrive looking for the mega-mall rather than the specialty shop.

64. New says:

I am skimming the comments (mainly looking for links to hockey stories) and have to compliment HIO on the page hits and comments about training camp. The amount of interest in these partial team practices is incredible. There may even be a market to televise Habs skating drills complete with colour play by play and analysis of the goaltenders performance. I’d like to know whose blood sugar is low from skipping breakfast because they were up all night listening to the ice machine clutter outside their room, and who isn’t putting 100% into practice just to make an AHL player look his best.

What I want is for all my favorite players who have been off since spring to give it their all right from the get-go. I want to see those ACL’s pop! I want those quads  torn! I want recurring groin injuries galore! That’s what I want. Oh and I want some sort of training camp for training camp so the guys are ready for training camp – because obviously they have lost sight of reality.

65. TorontoHabsFan says:

Does this mean that Eller is playing wing on the 2nd line? Hmm, interesting – two games played, neither at Centre.

I wonder, could he be slotted as a 2nd line winger, and not 3rd line Centre to start the season?

66. ooder says:

But Avery said referee Paul Devorksi told him that he had gotten his 10-minute misconduct for going after a superstar.

“He specifically told me I got it because [Kovalchuk] is a superstar, and I can’t go after a superstar,” Avery said of the dialog that took place in the box with 9:07 to go in the second. “I told him I make $4 million. I’m a superstar, too.”

hahaha awesome answer by Avery.. hate the little puke but that’s funny.

what isn’t funny is the super star treatement.. i mean it was very obvious during the pittsburg series how MTL had to paly the pens and the refs at the same time

——————

88 is the new 23

67. habfan4life says:

I think Boone should do a little more research before he posts his comments.  Look it up Boone…. December 17th, 2009.  Played in Montreal.  Lost 3-1 but Latendresse failed to register a point.  Remember it as clear as day. Guillaume got booed everytime he stepped on the ice.

68. Danno says:

Auld the way… to the Cup?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

69. Mikey_39 says:

When I first heard Price had let in all six goals, I must admit I was really worried.  But it’s pre-season.  I’d rather it happen now, and it motivates him to work even harder before the season starts.  Aside from the cap space, the Spacek thing really isn’t a problem.  We’re so deep at defense.  Even with Markov gone, I don’t mind bringing up our prospects to give them a shot. But I think he’ll get his stuff together tho.  Maybe put him back with Hammertime.  They were a pretty good duo last year when Marky was out.

70. aemarchand11 says:

I dont think these line combinations are correct. Renault Lavoie tweeted yesterday that Avstin is not injured and will be playing tonight.

2010-2011

71. SensFanSpezza says:

Saw last night’s game, and you guys are right to worry.  Not about Price even if he had some head scratcher moments, but about Spacek.  Oh man he was brutal.  If this guy is taking a spot making more than three mill a year, the next two seasons are going to be looooong.  I wouldn’t judge Price until I saw him with a real defense first.

72. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Anyone see Avery last night, wouldn’t drop the gloves with Carkner but droped as soon as he was lined up with Kovy, and then pots a goal, I don’t care what anyone says about him, I’d take him anyday.

73. fbkj says:

fold

well played

74. Zepphead says:

1- WHERE THE F*CK IS AVTSIN

2- Does anyone know where to catch the game online? I’ve got RDS at home but not RIS.

Thanks.

75. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Does anyone have that ranjan link working yet?  I’m still getting the “it’s not up yet” message…just want to make sure it’s not just me

76. Ghosts of the Forum says:

77. SeriousFan09 says:

that site is terribly unreliable I find, I’ve found that link for other pre-season games and it’s produced nothing.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

78. jamieboy333 says:

Any streams that actually work?

79. The Cat says:

Not working here either.

80. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Yeah, it’s not working for me.  Neither is that CanoeTV feed….guess I’ll have to sit this one out.  Thanks anyway though!

81. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Got one:

Working for me, enjoy!

No links tonight but do you want the link to CJAD live radio???

83. JSP1990 says:

So am I the only one who doesn’t have the Canoe TV feed workin?

84. jamieboy333 says:

Nah…I can “watch” that on channel 953

85. JSP1990 says:

Thank you very much Ghosts!

86. fbkj says:

RIS feed… meh…

better than nothing for those that dont have it though

No  links working as yet. O well I am going to have to watch RIS, frustrating!!

88. Everlasting1 says:

Same here.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin Don’t pollute the water.

Well our new Russian kid just scored.

90. MTLForever says:

works for meeee

91. j2w4habs25 says:

Go HABS GO!

I thought Avstin was Russian!

93. SeriousFan09 says:

Engqvist, not Avtsin scored.

Avtsin was scratched tonight.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

94. Lancer says:

he is but Andreas Engqvist scored

95. Mikey_39 says:

He is but Enqgvist scored

96. Bash says:

Has the steam started on Canoe? I am on but not getting a feed…

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

Its a bugger when the ears get older.!

Nothing working, we are listening to CJAD and making our own live blogging

99. Ghosts of the Forum says:

It’s an RIS feed, but you see the game at any rate.

O’Byrne is wearing an A…thought that was kind of weird until I looked at the rest of the lineup…guess the only other option was AK46, which would have been laughable

can not click on this, can you put it up as a link please.?

101. Everlasting1 says:

102. Bash says:

Thanks…

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

103. gino93 says:

this feed sucs thay talk more then they show the game

104. Say Ash says:

the only feed working and you’re complaining – truly a habs fan

105. slapshot777 says:

Whatever happened to Ryan Russell ? He seemed to have fallen off the map after he had that fight with Subban.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

106. JSP1990 says:

Anyone got the link for the radio feed?

107. oldrrty says:

Dandenault has retired. Just heard it on CJAD

I don’t care who wins as long as Toronto doesn’t!

108. aemarchand11 says:

cjad.com

2010-2011

109. HabFanSince72 says:

it ain’t the ears.

110. jimmy shaker says:

Ahhhh, you beat me to it!  A huge mistake the brass made in letting this guy go.  I’d take Dandy over Hammer or spacek any day of the weak.  He was/is all heart and blead for the habs and wanted to stay at the league min……but the jabroni’s thought other wise.  He would still probably be one of the top five skaters on this team and was my favourite player.  Sorry it ended the way it did but cheers to the rest of your days dandy.

Shaker

111. dre1744 says:

OMG Auld  has let in 1 goal on 4 shots.  How in the world do we expect to win the Stanley Cup with this kind of goaltending.  This just won’t cut it.

112. MTLForever says:

man, i loved dandy. he could play forward too.

113. JSP1990 says:

I was a big Dandy fan too! Happy retirement to him!

114. jimmy shaker says:

Why is RIS only showing the game……an hour late for that matter and basically were watching the two stooges talk instead of watching the game.  What kind of setup is this?  ANNOYING!

Shaker

115. oldrrty says:

He was good no doubt about it and the fact that he could play both forward and defense was a huge asset. I wonder what he is going to do now?

I don’t care who wins as long as Toronto doesn’t!

116. JSP1990 says:

RIS is not liscensed to show all of the game.

117. A. Berke says:

Especially Spacek!

Ali B.

118. jimmy shaker says:

I guess that’s a good enough reason.  Still very annoying though!

Shaker

119. Caballero says:

Indeed hehe

120. fbkj says:

just to give you all a heads up about how unimportant the pre-season is

i just remembered this… early/mid 90’s, saw a pre-season game where oleg petrov had a 5 point night… against the red wings

brain fart, had to share

oh and anyone else flinch seeing 43 on the ice?

121. Bugs says:

Nothing to do with hockey, but a delightful trailer about a cyborg going back in time to get back to the future.

And when I say “delightful”, I mean SQUEALING with delight.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

122. Da Hema says:

Oleg Petrov.

Shudder.

————————

“There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge….”

123. fbkj says:

he was so the poor mans juha lind

124. Da Hema says:

“So why don’t you make like a tree and get out of here.”

Heheh.

125. Bugs says:

That’s the one that really got me. Perfect final words.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

126. Da Hema says:

Or a rich man’s Andrei Bashkirov.

127. fbkj says:

i see your bashkirov and raise you a patrick poulin

128. Everlasting1 says:

This one is good too..

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

129. Da Hema says:

Call. I’ve got a Miroslav Guren.

130. Da Hema says:

Merci. You were a formidable opponent.

131. fbkj says:

de rien, if anything this exercise just made me way optimistic about this years lineup lol

132. Da Hema says:

I believe you have said it all.

133. fbkj says:

im sorry but that was an amazing goal

134. mike g says:

Yet another monster performance for Guillaume “Poutine-face” Latendresse…..

I heard he had 2 pizza’s during the 1st intermission, and a whole 20-piece bucket of KFC after the 2nd period.

Man it’s guys like this that I, and all of the RDS staff, wish we kept on this club.

And to think some of us chanted “Guy,Guy,Guy” to this guy……OMG, I just barfed.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

135. fbkj says:

im sorry but if they had PFK at the bell center id be happy

fibber

136. blu3chip says:

Holy crap, 2 goals on 7 shots! Alud is awful!

Halak could have stopped AT LEAST 62,000 shots before giving up a goal, and if we didn’t have useless players like Gill and Gorges blocking all those shots, Cammalleri scoring all those meaningless goals, we could have EASILY won the cup with Halak playing alone, stopping shots, scoring goals, taking penalties (yes Halak is so good he can stop goals by staring at them).

137. Seps says:

lmao, great

We’re not winning the Stanley Cup in the first exhibition game – Carey Price

138. Da Hema says:

I have heard that Auld has the occasional beer. Shocking, but true.

139. smiler2729 says:

Carey Price sucks, man, he hasn’t scored any goals so far this pre-season… and while I’m on it I watched Schindler’s List the other night, crap, it wasn’t even funny, I didn’t laugh even once!

“Look what I can do!” – Stuart, MadTV

140. LA Loyalist says:

You’ve blown your cover blu3chip,with your lame sarcasm. Everyone will know your real name is Holden Caulfield.

If that’s all you can bring…

“20 games to a new tagline.”

141. HFX-HabFan says:

Reading this hours after it was originally posted made me laugh.  You guys are awesome.

142. ooder says:

i really wanted to see Avtsin…

i’m surprised that other then Boone’s mention of what he heard on CKAC there is nothing more on the kid and why he isn’t playing.

can someone else please be outraged with me :)

——————

88 is the new 23

143. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m ticked too, I wanted to see him get a little pre-season in.

Guess he’s going to have to work his way up from the Hammer.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

144. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Anyone have any idea if the game is being streamed anywhere?

145. SPATS says:

Try this at game time http://www.canoe.tv/endirect/?type=LCN2 this was showing the scoreboard feed the other night. No audio, kinda like being there, just crowd noise. Shout out to I believe “war hero” for posting this the other night

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

146. MTLForever says:

Finally Schultz is in! but I agree, I want to see Avtsin.

147. ooder says:

I believe Shultz played the first game against ottawa.

I personally have trouble figuring out who’s who sometimes on the ice because i don’t know some of the numbers.

I know Shultz is 45 however

——————

88 is the new 23

148. HabFanSince72 says:

Looks like Avtsin is going to be this season’s Sergei K.

I wonder if Martin will ever learn.

149. blu3chip says:

Yes I’m sure you know a lot more about the habs and the current players than Martin.

150. filincal says:

it’ll be interesting to see Eller on this line…I wonder what he can generate without Gomer and Gio.

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

151. Born in a Bad Year says:

How is it that this defensive corps that does not even consist of a full season of NHL games last year, actually looks better than our “stacked” half NHL regulars that we dressed last night?

152. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Great, will do.  Thanks!

153. HFX-HabFan says:

Billy Tenderness:  our “power forward” that never was.

154. matraque says:

Is Pouliot going to be a “Power Forward”?

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

155. KamiDave says:

HDRDS tonight? I just paid an extra eight bucks to get it, I hope so.

156. SeriousFan09 says:

Not until tommorow with Habs-Panthers unfortunately, you’re a day early.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

157. habs permanent bandwagon fan says:

Price not playing tonight?

that means habs win.

158. HabsfaninMA says:

Amen brother….

159. sh00n says:

The trolls are still out?

That means the real fans all lose.

160. dockturtle says:

Not if they play like they did last night. Price was a factor, but he had a lot of company.

RIS has to be the most frustrating station to follow. My french is not very good I have to admit, but to listen to two or three reporters interview each other at nauseum is just rediculas.

162. TorontoHabsFan says:

According to Mirtle, Mathieu Dandenault announced his retirement. Not to sound sarcastic, but I thought he already did that.

Still, he sure was a useful player to have.

163. SeriousFan09 says:

He played in the AHL last season under a Rangers contract but couldn’t generate any interest going into this season, guess he decided that was enough and will go on to other things.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

164. HabsfaninMA says:

With Auld in net we have a chance to win this baby. Go Habs Go!!

165. Willy the bum says:

I made this avatar for luck…

166. G-Man says:

He is the Habs fall guy.

167. Bugs says:

As long as he’s a power SOMETHIN, I’ll be happy.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

168. dockturtle says:

Pouliot looked stronger and more take-charge last night – for 30 minutes, like the rest of the team. I say he’ll be fine with his new hefty-strength legs.

169. rated_R says:

Live, Love, Habs

Follow me on twitter. @habs4lyf

170. sholi2000.com says:

They are destroying this great site.

They Call Me Shane

171. Bugs says:

Aaaaargh! We’re being destrooooyed!

(falls to knees raising arms in supplication)

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

172. ooder says:

they should be destroying foot lockers and cars instead… man these trolls don’t even know how to do thier jobs

——————

88 is the new 23

Shane, no big deal to ignore them my friend. And besides, we still have all the guns.!

174. Da Hema says:

And they better be registered, young man!

175. Chuck says:

No worries, Shane. Good always triumphs over evil.

176. G-Man says:

“Evil will always triumph, because good…is dumb.” – Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

177. Da Hema says:

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

Edmund Burke.

178. Everlasting1 says:

So true.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

179. adam76 says:

You people need to understand this, a person is not a troll just because they post something you disagree with.

Unreal.

180. Bugs says:

It does??

Where you from? Hawaii?

Move to a CITY, why dontcha!

Weirdo.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

181. Bugs says:

“Or try to do something but get their azzes kicked by evil.”

Reggie Doofenberger.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

182. Da Hema says:

Ah, the wise Reggie Doofenberger!

183. Bugs says:

I have all his pamphlets!

Visionary stuff.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

184. Da Hema says:

Can we anticipate a Doofenbergian Revolution–in the literal sense?

185. Bugs says:

Hope not.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

186. Da Hema says:

I will say this: your photoshop skills far exceed those of Boone.

187. Chuck says:

Meh. That ain’t saying much.  :)

188. Danno says:

Mr. Auld. Please take out your Magic Eraser© and wipe away last night’s game.

It kills germs. And it cleans and disinfects leaving a fresh lemony fragrance behind.

That game stank like shinola. It could use a good scrub.

Thanks

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

Puck Bard. Got it tonight thanks. Can I enlarge the screen or will it always be small in the center. Either way, thanks.

190. fbkj says:

yes you can enlarge

191. Zepphead says:

Where?

Thanks.

192. ifitwasnt4kovalev says:

any links for tonight’s game, i knows its on RIS but i dont have it.

Got it, right now I am watching the Detroit game

194. KamiDave says:

Ack. Thanks. Will try the link that I see thrown around here.

195. LA Loyalist says:

Quote from Latendresse.

“When I got there they (Wild) put me in a situation where I could succeed and it went well.”

That’s not a slam of Montreal by him, but it’s damning just the same. Have we put Price in situations where he can succeed? Did we handle Latendresse properly? Go back to the archives and read how Robinson, Lapointe and Savard were brought up – carefully, patiently – with discipline, yes, but patience.

Bob Gainey you of all people should have known better.

196. fbkj says:

come again? latts was given ample opportunity to succeed here moreso than price

197. fbkj says:

also the only reason latts made the team when he did was because management folded to fan and media opinion

198. Chuck says:

I’m guessing that it ws a lot easier to be patient when bringing up youngsters back when the team was winning craploads of games and Stanley Cups. It’s only natural to want to rush up talent when your team isn’t winning. It’s not exclusive to the Habs.

199. Da Hema says:

I would be careful not to take too seriously what he said. That is Latendresse attempting to rationalise his trade. Frankly, he was given ample opportunity–especially under Carbonneau–to develop. He even had power play time. The problem with Latendresse is that he is thick as a brick. Pearn had to physically grab him in practice and prop him in front of the goalie to show him where to go when on the ice. Being stupid can be a great hindrance.

200. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Haha, funny post on TSN

“Auld is 11 on 14 (0,79)while Price was 24 on 30 (0,80). So Auld was even worst than Price!! OMG alot of chicken wings will be eaten im the east this year!”

201. Chuck says:

That only works when the Habs score 5 goals.  :)

202. fbkj says:

also wings at cage suck

203. Chuck says:

Agreed. Then again, I don’t think that they’re really known for their food.

204. fbkj says:

brie fondant, waitresses, batonnet de fromage, feces covered popcorn, in that order

205. Chuck says:

I’ll stick to the waitresses (and the beer).

206. fbkj says:

im all about the brie and the feces, no particular order

207. Chuck says:

Man, that just sounds wrong.  :)

208. fbkj says:

hence why i said it

wrong ftw 😛

209. fbkj says:

his other problem was he was the only player on the team still living with his parents 😉

Aaahh Chill out!
    Don’t lose, no sleep!!!
    Aaahh Chill out!

Have you heard about pre-season games?
    The games don’t count, but people are insane
    Big shoes to fill to prove that you don’t suck
    It’s up to you, to stop that f*ckin’ puck
    Young and old are booing you I am told
    Just one slip, if you let in one weak goal
    Don’t lose no sleep! They’re booing since in the day
    Fans make a fuss, until you take them all the way

Aaahh Chill out!
    Don’t lose, no sleep!!!
    Aaahh Chill out!

211. Chuck says:

Deep breaths, HH.

212. LA Loyalist says:

good posts guys – my underlying point is that when Bob Gainey took over I was hoping for the wisdom and experience and judgement to handle those situations – even if it meant short term pain.

With respect to Latendresse yes it’s the opportunity for ice time but it’s our responsibility to use him well.

It’s also playing the cards that we are dealt. Martin was brilliant in the playoffs at devising schemes the players he had at that moment in time could execute.

He won me over with his adjustments on the fly in the playoffs.

That was Carbonneau’s inexperience, I guess, he had a way he wanted that team to play and he juggled like he was auditioning for Barnum & Bailey and it just didn’t work. Carbo (whom I loved as a player, he’s one of my all-time heros) should have adjusted to the players he had.

Sure Latendresse bears responsibility, as does Price (like my position on that is a secret) but ultimately management and the coaches have to be able to adjust.

That’s how Pat Burns could be coach of the year 3 times – did he have the same team 3 times? No. He was able to work with what he was given. He adjusted.

As critical as our handling of Price is this year (this month!), in the bigger picture it’s even more important as we have apparently some good talent in the pipeline.

What’s the Montreal Canadiens youth culture going to be for them? Not everybody can handle being up here very young. Subban seems just fine. Does that mean Tinordi should be up here for Christmas?

Hell no!

We are going to find out what Gauthier is made of and it is going to determine if we are going to get back to being the Montreal Canadiens or just a generic middle of the pack happy to get a couple of playoff gates see you in September kind of team.

“20 games to a new tagline.”

good post!

That’s what I’m sayin’!!!!