Former Canadiens centreman Glen Metropolit in his wild jersey and “flame bucket”, with Switzerland’s EV Zug last week.
© Thomas Oswald, hockeypics.ch
Do you think they could squeeze another corporate logo on Glen Metropolit’s EV Zug uniform?
Memo to Metro: Don’t try wearing that on the Plateau.
Given his fight record, if they ever go this route in the NHL, the primo spot will be the bottom of Tom Kostopoulos’s skates.
• Coming later today: Habs Inside/Out’s first Puckcast of the new season, beginning with Patrick V. Hickey’s speech from the throne.
• P.K. Subban’s trainer, Clance Laylor, drops Stubbs a note this morning to tell him that P.K. was mistaken when he told the media this week he put on seven pounds of muscle over the summer. Seems it was 15 pounds (maybe P.K. meant kg?); Subban left the gym at just 9 per cent body fat, which the HIO crew carries in its pudgy little finger. Note to Bulldogs: See ya…
• Metro yodels to Dave Stubbs
• This was great: Hal Gill visited Mitch Melnick’s show yesterday
• Five goaltenders with something to prove. Guess who’s number one?
• J.T. on the newbies
• The Louis Leblanc hype
• Damien Cox takes a dim view of rookie camps