The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video)

The Big Three was reunited Thursday at the Canadiens Hall of Fame, and during the 2014-15 NHL season they will be together again when Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 goes up to the rafters at the Bell Centre along with Serge Savard’s No. 18 and Larry Robinson’s No. 19.

Canadiens owner Geoff Molson made it official during a news conference Thursday at the Habs’ Hall of Fame in the Bell Centre that the club will retire Lapointe’s No. 5 during the 2014-15 season. The NHL schedule has yet to be released.

Savard and Robinson were both in attendance for Thursday’s news conference, with Robinson flying in from San Jose, where he is now the Sharks’ director of player development.

“He’s one of the best offensive defencemen that we’ve had and with Larry it’s very hard to put a No. 1 between those two. Larry was taller,” Savard said, drawing laughs from the media in attendance.

Lapointe, Savard and Robinson made up The Big Three on defence for the Canadiens during their dynasty years in the 1970s with Lapointe earning six Stanley Cup rings. All three defencemen are in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

“It’s a bit of a dream,” Lapointe said. “I never thought that one day I would have my jersey retired. It’s a big day in my life … to be in the Hall of Fame and now this.”

The Canadiens retired Savard’s No. 18 in 2006 and Robinson’s No. 19 in 2007.

“I was very happy and excited when their numbers were retired,” Lapointe said. “I never really thought about it (not happening for him). I just said if it will happen for me, it will happen. But when it does happen you go ‘Wow!’”

Said Molson: “Guy Lapointe is deserving and worthy of being up there with Larry and Serge. I can still visualize him scoring with that slapshot from the point. For over a decade together, they were the best defensive squad in the NHL, by far.”

Lapointe, who is now the coordinator of amateur scouting for the Minnesota Wild, still holds the Canadiens record for most goals by a defenceman in a season with 28 in 1974-75. He ranks second in career goals by a Habs defenceman with 166, trailing Robinson’s 197. Lapointe also holds the team record for most goals by a rookie defenceman with 15.

“Just to have our sweaters up there with all the other great players, it’s a tremendous honour and I’m very, very happy for Guy,” Robinson said.

“I figured it would just be a matter of time, because whenever anybody talks about the great teams they’re always mentioning the Big Three. But every time you looked up there there was only two. So I think it was very fitting and I think Serge said it best when he called me the other day he said it’s too bad that we didn’t get to do it all together. But I’m happy that the Molsons did it and it’s for the right reason. He was a great player and he deserves to be up there.”

Said Molson: “Guy was always on our radar. In a way, he was kind of overshadowed by the Big Three. In points per game he’s one of the leaders in the history of the league among defencemen. He has the numbers. In Guy’s 16-year career, Larry Robinson and Bobby Orr won the Norris Trophy a combined nine times. That was one criterion we looked at with the Hall of Famers when deciding whose jerseys to retire: all of them have won individual awards, except Butch Bouchard, because they didn’t have that award in his day. Guy never won the Norris, but it’s easy to understand why.”

Here’s the complete list of Habs retired numbers:

1. Jacques Plante
2. Doug Harvey
3. Emile (Butch) Bouchard
4. Jean Beliveau
5. Bernard Geoffrion (Guy Lapointe)
7. Howie Morenz
9. Maurice Richard
10. Guy Lafleur
12. Dickie Moore and Yvan Cournoyer
16. Henri Richard and Elmer Lach
18. Serge Savard
19. Larry Robinson
23. Bob Gainey
29. Ken Dryden
33. Patrick Roy

(Photo by Pierre Obendrauf/The Gazette)

Big Three reunited as Habs honour Lapointe, by Gazette Sports Editor Stu Cowan

Robinson praises former teammate Lapointe, Stu on Sports blog

Lapointe living a dream, canadiens.com

Five more numbers the Canadiens should retire, The Hockey News

Subban lands on cover or Maclean’s magazine, Stu on Sports blog

Koivu won’t be back with Ducks, NHL.com

1. Mavid ® says:

@habstrin I tried to reply but apparently it does not like me today..so here it is (copy and paste is my friend)

Yikes..thats heavy metal..no thanks. Your close I drive for Bluesfest, unfortunately I won’t be driving this year our nephew who lives in England is getting married during that time. We will be going there for 3 weeks. I would have liked to seen Foreigner and Styx but I won’t be sad to miss Lady Gaga or Snoop Dog/Lion or whatever he calls himself these days…those two will be total S$%t shows for the drivers..I drove the Snoops entourage and family a few years ago and lets say they are very “interesting” folks to say the least..oh the stories I could tell you..LOL
    Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

• habstrinifan says:

Thanks for the reply Mavid. It’s fun reading your ‘un-gramma’ like experiences. Didnt know this weekend was ‘heavy metal’ WOW! Actually Ottawa has a lot going on this weekend.

You must be excited about upcoming trip.

2. WindsorHab-10 says:

Would love to see Big Bird behind our bench as an assistant next year.

3. WindsorHab-10 says:

Good morning one & all. Just came on to let you all know that the Bruins still suck but don’t mind going after Shawn Thornton & Jirome Iginla if the price is right.

4. Mavid ® says:

I love it when I post a big long windbag reply and it doesn’t work..arg

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

5. JohnBellyful says:

Saturday salutations, one and all.
    My doctor tells me I’ve developed an obsession with overhauling the NHL. He could be right.

This just might work:
    If you’re like me – too bad about the weight problem – you’ve grown exasperated with the National Hockey League’s inability/unwillingness to curb inexcusable behaviour by some players that is a detriment to the good health of others. You know who I mean, I don’t need to name names (which, quite frankly, given the poor state of my memory, I would be unable to provide in any event).
    If the officials won’t uphold the rules the way they should be enforced, if the league won’t administer supplemental justice to the degree required to serve as a deterrent to thuggery (pusillanimous responses to on-ice, over-the-top transgressions that came to be known as shanahanigans), and if the players, through their association, won’t do anything to protect themselves from acts of violence by their brethren, which properly should be labelled ‘hooligan plays’, then, once again, it will be left to the media to effect change. As it has done in the past to great purpose, in bringing about much-needed societal reform, in areas such as public health, governance, labour, education, and so on.
    I’m not talking about launching a massive campaign lobbying for the NHL to clean up its act. It’s shown itself impervious to pleas that have grown hoarse demanding it exercise common sense and decency.
    No, the answer lies with Pierre McGuire, Glenn Healey and their ilk.
    Don’t place them between the players benches during broadcasts, put them where they can actually have a positive impact on the game: in the penalty box.
    Let them interview players serving time for infractions. Two minutes, five minutes, it will seem like an eternity to the interrogated parties.

McGuire: So, Bob, that head check to Grousky, it’s really put your team in a tough spot, especially as it was on a power play and the team down a goal, and it happened well behind the play. Thoughts?

Healey: Well, idiot, that’s your third penalty of the game – and we’re still in the first period. That’s impressive – if you hang out with nitwits. So, how exactly, does a cross-check to the other team’s smallest player behind – BEHIND – their net – THEIR NET — help your club? Did you flunk hockey school? Did you even attend? Why don’t do you something useful and write out lines, your team’s and the other’s, 500 times.

McGuire: Pete, growing up in Middle Brow, north Saskatchewan, population 217, and suffering a broken leg playing chicken with a Canada goose at the age of four which has affected your skating style, how have you coped playing in New York, population 8.4 million, in front of fans who boo you mercilessly whenever you cough up the puck, which, to be honest, Pete, seems to be happening more and more these OHHHH, the Canadiens just scored!!! Pete, you can answer the question the next time you’re here. See you in the third.

If that doesn’t put an end to the goonery in the National Hockey League in short order, well, it’s a lost cause.
    I might have to start watching poker.

And that’s not the end of it. There’s talk of players wanting to join another union. http://johnbellyful.weebly.com/

• Cal says:

Shanahanigans! Comedy gold, JB! :lol:

The new union story is great, as well. We have to keep you searching for Comic gold, and it’s not getting old.

• Mavid ® says:

Love it..lets do it!

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

• JohnBellyful says:

And if the offenders get offended by McGuire and the others with their questions, and choose to reply physically, well, it’s a win-win, no?

• habstrinifan says:

Delightful post John Bellyful. But sh(e)nanigans and governance?

I wince when I see those words. Remind me of a certain “Mother ______” who caught me trying to scale the fence of the Convent school next door and took me into the dungeons of purgatory.

There she made me hold a certain part of my anatomy while she lectured me on ‘shenanigans’ and ‘catholic governance’ over sin.

For those who do not know what a ‘convent school is’. Well it is a Catholic invention.. a high school for girls right in the throes of giggly blossoming puberty where they are were NOT allowed to wear bras and MUST wear white blouses and fairly short skirts.

Imagine matriculating (I know the ‘M’ word what you are thinking) next door to such an institution. White blouses over the predominantly darker skinned girls in the tropical breeze and sun.

No wonder I had very little governance over the shenanigans of my sinful mind.

I shall always rememeber your Irish eyes Mother ________.

• JohnBellyful says:

My apologies for having stirred up memories of purgatory — and of girls not wearing bras clad in oh-so-short shorts. Purge these memories from your sinful mind, Trini.
        BTW, how effective was holding your nose in helping you retain the wisdom of Mother’s words?

6. habstrinifan says:

This weekend is ‘Middle Finger’ weekend in Ottawa. They are closing down a critical section of Otawa’s ONLY HIGHWAY…. really a service road which runs the length and breadth of the Valley.

I shall be driving today… and WILL BE liberally communicating with my Middle Finger… and expecting similar treatment.

Bring it ON!

7. Cal says:

Happy Saturday, everyone!
    I saw mention of trading Brière. He has a no-move, no-trade clause.

• third generation haber says:

Even if he didn’t, without holding a gun to someone’s head, would anyone want him and his 4m cap hit???

j.p. murray

• Bill J says:

Happy Saturday to you as well Cal,

I think Buffalo – Brière is a perfect fit on so many levels. In the sense, both parties should in theory be open to it.

The question is, does MB manage to get something of sustainable value in return for him via the trade? Should trade occur (hypothetically of course)

• Habfan17 says:

Probably no more than a 5th, maybe a 4th round pick. Unless they put together a bigger trade. Perhaps Briere, their first round pick, Beaulieu, Gorges and Hudon or McCarron, for Myers and Stewart

Habfan17

• Cal says:

I believe Brière is happy to be in Montreal and may possibly regret not signing here 7 seasons ago. This season will be his swan song and, despite what many say is a wasted $4mil hit, he has played and not complained about how he has been used. MT putting him with Pleks and Gionta wasn’t a good idea. Like DD, Brière needs two big forwards with him.
        He delivered 7 points in 16 playoff games playing an average 10:05.
        He contributed timely assists- the OT pass to Weise against TBay game 1- and goals- he opened the scoring game 2 against TBay.
        Now, I have to say I’ve never liked him, especially after the way he chose the Flyers over the Habs, but he has done what he could to help the team win. He may be past it, but 1 more season with the Habs for depth isn’t a too terrible for words scenario.

• JF says:

I agree. Brière did well considering the ice-time and line-mates he was given, and he was an important contributor during the playoffs. The expression on his face when he scored the first goal in Game four against Tampa tells you how much it meant to him. I can’t see him wanting to go to Buffalo. He’s at the end of his career; why would he want to spend it playing for a team that is going to take a while to crawl out of the basement? The Sabres might want him for his veteran leadership and cap hit, but why would he want them?

• CJ says:

It would have been ballsy, but based on play in the postseason, especially against the Rangers, I would have sat Gionta and moved Briere up to the third line. White should have been the fourth line centre.

Ah, the value of hindsight……

8. habstrinifan says:

Good Morning everyone. Signd on today and really awakened by the first 3 or 4 posts. Some of the most informative and wiser HIO posters.
    Hobie, Maritime Ronn, CJ, Habfan10912 etc.

Topics: Cap management and Koivu.

They DID NOT mean for me to take their insight as arguments for what I am about to say next.

But reading their posts on ‘Koivu returning here’ and Cap management; I couldnt help think…. why why why do we RESIGN GIONTA now that we have the freedom to simply wipe that salary off our books.

All the arguments re cap management and unsentimentality etc apply fully against resigning Gionta.

Markov fills a SPECIFIC need for the HABS and not resigning him (I wouldnt for more than 3/1) would mean that HABS WILL go into next season ‘betting’ on one of the D prospects filling that hole. There really is NO HOLE left if Gionta (at this stage in his career/ability) is allowed to simply walk away.

Edit: I forgot RHINO. His post deserves inclusion in the great reading list. Soundly written.

• Bill J says:

IMO,

- Sign Saku to a one day contract, let him retire as a Hab
      - Let Gio walk IF he insists on a 3 year deal (must be 1 or 2 years only)
      - Let Markov walk for same reasons as above.

Too many big bridge contracts next year, I can’t see MBe making same mistake he made with Subban if he can lock them up for MaxPac $$ rates, which is still not cheap but long term not as costly also.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Good morning Trin

Gionta ‘may’ be a final default position, or a ‘no choice’ position for the Habs if they are unable to acquire a right wing via trade or UFA.

As for UFA right wingers, there may be 3-4, ( Callahan-Vrbata-Setoguchi-Kulemin) yet the old question arises of does the player want to play in Canada, and more specifically, Montreal.

The depth chart on the Right Side without Gionta looks like this:
      Gallagher (imagine a prolonged injury?)
      Weise
      4th line fillers, then Andrighetto-Thomas-Holland-McCarron…

If the Habs actually do sign Gionta, there cannot be either an NTC/NMC.
      That request should be an outright deal breaker.

• CJ says:

Good morning Trini.

Thank you for the flattering comment. I don’t consider myself as well informed, or as well spoken as the company you have lumped me into, but your kindness is appreciated.

I agree with your comments regarding Gionta. If, and that’s a huge IF, we feel that there are no better options internally or outside the organization available to play RW on the third line, then I just hope we limit the extension to one year. Personally, and I kicked this ball to death, I would rather part company and take our chances without 21 in the lineup. He’s not getting younger, bigger, or better. Nobody on our team gets as many open looks, second chances or breakaways, and misses more often then the Captain. I find it hard to believe that the on ice version wouldn’t be easy to replace. I can’t comment on the value he might add in the room, but, so far as I’m concern, this needs to be a year of transition from 21 to 76 leading this group.

• Loop_Garoo says:

I have no issue with Gionta coming back at the right price/term, as regardless of any other consideration, we still need to fill the roster. One note though, it is true regarding open looks, second chances etc, but part of the reason for this is he is a smart hockey player, who works hard, and usually is in the right place.

9. Mavid ® says:

93 till pre season..Sunday the regular season schedule comes out..let the real countdown begin..

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

10. Hobie says:

In years past some of the inept Habs management might sign a 40-year-old Saku Koivu to receive a pat on the back from fans who are more interested in nice stories than winning hockey games.

Marc Bergevin is far too smart to fall into that trap and I doubt that he’s even considered it for a nanosecond. Koivu would instantly become our worst forward, even behind the 4th liners.

I loved Koivu as an individual. A buddy of mine and me actually sat down with him and Craig Rivet and drank pints of beer and did shots for a couple hours one summer night in Montreal. Amazing experience.

However, management just couldn’t surround him with enough talent to ever get anywhere. Koivu was unfortunately stuck in the beginning of the Smurf epidemic where management surrounded him with guys like Valeri Bure, Oleg Petrov, Yannick Perreault, Andreas Dackell and an old a beat up Doug Gilmour, to name a few.

It’s too bad Koivu never had great success in Montreal. It would have been nice too see him raise the cup here one day.

11. Maritime Ronn says:

@ rhino 514

Respectfully disagree regarding what you stated as “Kings mediocre Cap management”, or that the Habs are the best cap managed team in the league.
    The Habs had to dump a lot of garbage (Gomez-Kaberle) and are getting much better, but they’re not there yet.

The Cap Hit for the Conn Smythe Trophy winner Justin Williams is $3.65M, while the Habs paid an almost broken down 4th line 10-12 minutes Center $4M/year for 2 years.
    Complete waste of a precious $4M of Cap Space.

The Cap Hit for former Conn Smythe winner J Quick – who is now the best money goalie in the NHL, is…$5.8M.
    That Cap Hit is …9th highest for all goalies in the NHL.

Drew Doughty, the best overall Dmen in the NHL, is locked up for 5 more years at $7M (5th in the NHL-same as Phaneuf) as is Slava Voynov at a small $4.16M.
    The Habs have $8M of Cap Space tied up in 2 Dmen – Gorges ( $3.9M) and Emelin ($4.1M) for the next 4 years.

Habs fans will see how well this regime manages that Cap with its decisions concerning Subban-Markov-Gionta-Eller-Weaver-Bouillon-Murray….

• CJ says:

I didn’t touch the comment regarding the Canadiens being quite possibly the best cap managed team in the league. In fact, it could be argued that we are among of the worst (bottom third). Emelin, Gorges, DD, Briere are all on terrible contracts (great from a player’s perspective I suppose). I am almost certain we bring back Gionta, Markov and maybe even Frankie.

The Leafs, Flyers and Capitals have some doozies, but there’s also skeletons in our closet regarding bad contracts.

• rhino514 says:

Briere, ona points per minute basis, was amazing during the past playoffs (can´t look it up but pretty he was the highest on the team). Without Briere, no way the Canadiens get past the Bruins. He produced key goals in key moments, when the Bruins were coming on. He earned his contract in the playoffs, as was pointed out by Boone.
      The habs can buy him out for very littlle if they so choose, because he is a former buyout.
      I don´t buy the view that Mike Richards was an incredible shutdown guy during the playoffs who saved myriad goals, and I honestly believe Briere was definitely more valuable to the habs during these playoffs than Richards was to the Kings.

Gorges routinely gets slammed around here, but he is a pretty good defensive defenceman….the most reliable defensive defenceman on the habs (though if PK were given more defensive assignments, he´d be the best). I think the fact he is looked upn as one of the leaders on the team plays into his contract, as well. I´d say three million and change wouldn´t be a bad contract in his case. Emelin is worth his contract if he progresses from his injury next season; if he stays where he is, agree he isoverpayed.
      Still, no stinkers on the team.

12. rhino514 says:

How does Mike Richards not get bought out? And how do teams such as the Rangers and Kings get to the Cup final with such mediocre cap management?
    This hardly ever gets talked about, but I think the habs are quite possibly the best cap managed team in the league. The only real stinker we have really had in recent memory was the Gomez contract. Sure, some of our players are overpayed, but we avoid having guys who are grossly overpayed, and always avoid getting ourselves into long-binding contracts, which I have always felt affect most players competitive fire. We also have good to great bargains (Pacioretty, Eller, Weise, Plekanec over his first three years, and I would also argue Price in spite of his big salary)
    Having said that, the Markov situation is the greatest contractual challenge Bergevin has faced, and probably will face, for quite a while. Sure, PK is a huge issue, but he is only a RF, young, with his best years ahead of him, and probably will deserve whatever he gets payed.
    What we have in Markov now is a minute filler who can avoid making disastrous plays due to his veteran savvy, but they are no longer (all) great minutes. Becaue we have no one right now beyond PK, however, who can fill those minutes, we are in a tight spot.
    Because of this situation and because of the few good FA Dmen available, it is going to be difficult to not grossly overpay Markov in order to keep him. To me, this is MB´s biggest test yet. If the kids on the blueline were one year ahead in their development, we probably could afford to lose the General at this time, if his agent insisted on playing hardball. As it is we may be forced to re-sign him and regret it in years two to three of the contract.
    This is where the throw-in of Mcdonagh is really coming back to haunt us, 7 years later, forcing us to keep and overpay a guy who´s been a great soldier, beyond his time.
    Still, MB has worked magic up to now, and I wouldn´t bet against him to conjure up some type of passable solution.

• Sutter played Richards in a shut down roll during the playoffs, and he was “most excellent” at it. Any key situation the rags had Sutter had Richards on the ice. So to win a cup and to have Richards as your top shut down guy at 5.75, I guess they feel that’s a bargain. Add that he’s 29 years old they feel that they can’t give up on him yet. That’s pretty much what the GM said the other day on NHL radio. Personally I think the guy is a tool! :)

Shane Oliver
      @sholi2000
      A Little fun during the Intermission
      Brandon Predators End Season Video

• Maritime Ronn says:

You are right Sholi

Somehow Richards got tagged as a “4th line center” when nothing could be further from the truth.

In the playoffs, he played an average of 15:32 and was 2nd Unit on both the PP and PK.

As you mention, he was Sutter’s go to guy and man of confidence.
        Often, Richards played on the 2nd line when the going got a little too nervy for the young guys Toffoli or Pearson.
        In end of game or shut down scenarios, he was the guy Sutter called upon.

• CJ says:

Good morning.

I don’t think the Kings have mediocre cap management. The reason they didn’t buy out Richards is because they likely believe he’s still moveable. IMO, they also may want to try and improve his value prior to making a deal. Richards struggled this year. There is talk surrounding his commitment and I’ve heard reports that he didn’t show up to camp in shape. That theory would explain the poor production this season. Jordan Nolan isn’t yet ready to take over those minutes, so they will need a fourth line centre if Richards is moved.

The Kings are a very well run organization. They are the model by which other teams need to template and build to. I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t be the favorites again next season.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Hi CJ

Richards is only 29 and has 6 years left of a Cap Hit of $5.75M.

What’s interesting with his contract and could become attractive to Bottom Feeders in a few years, is that the actual Salary during the remaining term drops each year from $7M next year, to $3M in the final 2 years.
        There are also no bonus to pay going forward

13. Habfan10912 says:

Good morning all! A little something to put a smile on our faces this morning until our friend Bellyfull joins us.

CHeers!

14. Habfan17 says:

I would think that Gm’s would want to sign the UFA’s and RFA’s they want to retain before the 25th, when teams can start talking to players. Once they do, it would probably raise the cost of signing these players.

I know teams don’t like to make offer sheets, but let’s say, in the case of Eller. A GM says he will offer him 4 years at $4million per and will have him as his 2nd line centre. Would he then sign an offer sheet? Then MB would have to match or take the picks, which at this point would not help the Habs with the loss of Eller! Bob McKenzie has said, teams are looking for centres and they are very hard to come by.

I hope we see MB lock up the players this week.

Habfan17

• Maritime Ronn says:

hi 17

There are probably some quiet subtle conversations bordering on tampering and CBA circumvention already going on by Agents and GMs to gauge stuff like does a player want to play in a certain city…

As for signing before the 25th, some GMs may be sitting back to wait and see how the $$$ market will pan out or the 1st shoe to drop

Offer sheets are a dangerous game for everyone involved.
      Imagine a Habs player signing an Offer Sheet?
      That would tell the fans he basically doesn’t want to play in Montreal.
      If the team matched the Offer, we could expect that player to be jeered…and management would almost have to trade him

15. third generation haber says:

@ UKRANIANhab

suggested that we need to trade DD; I’m definitely not opposed to this, but which team (not a rhetorical question) would be interested in DD, and what would they offer us?

j.p. murray

16. frozengolf says:

I don’t know if anyone has seen this, but HockeyInsider posted this trade rumour with Winnipeg on Twitter: “shopping Kane BIG TIME> offer ON THE TABLE from #Habs Thrower+Plekanec+Bourque+ R2″ . I know this guy is almost always wrong, but interesting trade. I would jump at this. What do you think?

_________________________________________________________
    “We know that hockey is where we live, where we can best meet and overcome pain and wrong and death. Life is just a place where we spend time between games.”

• Timo says:

I think it’s a bit too steep for Kane, no? Especially considering that Bourque had great playoffs and Thrower could be Habs tough guy who can also play hockey.

• frozengolf says:

Maybe a bit steep, but Kane is a big, tough top six winger who is not yet 23 and still getting better. Bourque always seems to be a puzzle, Thrower was traded in junior for possible character issues, so it seems a decent trade to me.

_________________________________________________________

• FormalWare says:

Pleky won’t waive his NTC to go to Winnipeg.

WWSD (What Would SubbieDoo?)

• Newf_Habster says:

You are truly a fool to follow @hockeyyinsiderr. He always makes up crappy Habs rumors. I strongly suggest you to unfollow this fraud.

17. eric says:

P.K. = 76 mil for 10 yrs

18. WVHabsfan says:

Thanks Surrey. I will keep that in mind. Have a good night.

19. WVHabsfan says:

Hey Ukranian Hab. Are you still safe? I know you told me some time ago that the fighting was far from you.

20. WVHabsfan says:

Hey Surrey. I will heed your advice from now on. This is frustrating as hell. Have a good night brother!!

21. UKRAINIANhab says:

Hello everyone.

I was thinking while watching Costa Rica eliminate England without even Playing them (LOL)…that why can’t we trade David Desharnais… Surely, Max can grow up a little and play with a different centre, Lars Eller. This would allow Plex to do the shutdown stuff, and still score 20 goals a year. If I was the GM I would trade Desharnais over Plex, and Lars in a heartbeat. Also, Yandle is a great play but I heard his + – is bad? Right?

…In other news, The USA sending more troops to Iraq and doing nothing to stop Russia tearing my country apart makes me ill. Obama is a joke.

Sorry, since people were talking soccer and ducks (sad story) I thought I would add that. :)

22. Goldenchild says:

Giddyup Bergie!!! Sign Subban NOW before the vultures sniff an opportunity!! Goldenchild knows hockey.

23. Paz says:

Ok, just to shake the tree a bit, here it goes:

If I was the Leafs GM I would be offering Subban 7 years and 63 million, 9 million per.

Subban lives in Toronto, loves the city, trains there all summer, and he would be playing in the biggest market where off the ice he could make a small fortune.

If Subban accepted the offer, the Leafs could then unload salary for prospects and draft picks, and essentially rebuild on the fly, with Subban as their cornerstone for the next 7 years.

Would the Habs match?

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…the more important question, what will Karl think ?

• Bill J says:

Karl will be very happy his son is successful. But as a Hab fan he would certainly be disappointed.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

I have a feeling P.K. will do everything to prevent Karl being disappointed.

• Bill J says:

I believe it too, but as you alluded earlier… I love the Habs more, and I’ll gladly take 4-5 1st round picks from the likes of Toronto or better yet Buffalo.

And once that happens, I hope MB turns around and offers on someone like Gudbranson.

• Bill J says:

I’m equally concerned of Buffalo making a lunatic 7 year 76$Million offer. Buffalo is looking to reach the floor, adding Subban would be a solid foundation for them to rebuild around.

• CJ says:

Keep in mind Subban would need to sign the offer sheet. IMO, there’s no chance he jumps to Toronto or Buffalo.

I’m from Ottawa, but I can’t stand the Senators. PK’s from Toronto and can’t stand the Leafs. I wouldn’t worry about it. A deal will get brokered between Bergevin and Newport Sports. Sadly, it’s not so much about PK and Montreal, it’s the GM and agent. That said, I’m still supremely confident it all works out.

24. ACGM says:

I have faith in Bergevin before October to have a good team in place.

25. WVHabsfan says:

Damn it. I have gone and drunk myself sober again. I hate it when this happens.

I just watched the made for TV movie, The Normal Heart. Highly recommended.

24 Cups

Rumours: Willie Desjardins to the Canucks instead of the Pens? Is this guy nuts?

Kane and Toews to break the Ovechkin 10M barrier? And you think Subban should settle for anything less than 8M?

Could both Florida and Edmonton trade their 1st round picks later this month?

24 Cups

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…I mentioned Desjardins to the Canucks earlier

…P.K. has accomplished half as much as Toews and Kane at this point

…I hope Marc is firm to keep P.K.’s contract within the best interests of the Habs, more than P.K.’s best-interests …$ 7 to $ 8 millions

…if P.K. proves to Me to be only a carpetbagger, I will live with 4 or 5 1st round selections of the Weeds

…I may love P.K., but I love the Habs more

28. Habitant in Surrey says:

Being a fan of England’s soccer team must be very similar to the mental state of Habs’ Fans these past 20+ years …all We have are former glory

O to be a psychiatrist in Britain at this time …I can afford a chateau in the south of France :)

• Mattyleg says:

As Habs fans, we have much, much more than that, HiS.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• PK says:

Talk about France … which (if any) European team is going to match the South Americans.

Germany?
      Holland, Italy, France?

>>>> Les Canadiens sont là
      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

“Une équipe de hockey sur glace de l’île de Mont-Royal va gagner la Coupe de Lord Stanley à 24 reprises dans le 20e siècle et trois fois au cours du 21e siècle.”

– Nostradamus, 1552

• habs1966 says:

The Habs have a lot more glory than England’s football team:)
      They won the WC once in 1966!What else?None

• Habitant in Surrey says:

Disclosure: I am a fan of England’s soccer team.

I am also a 60+ year fan of My Montreal Canadiens.

I KNOW what I am talking about :)

• habs1966 says:

Disclosure:I’m a fan of football (the real one) for over 60 years.

Most of that time England were (still are)not very good at it.
        On the other hand Brasil,Germany,Italy etc do deserve the glory.

29. PK says:

One week until the NHL Draft:

What names do you think are in play for that 26th spot?
    Or does MB move up or down the draft?
    Chris, UCe, Commandant etc etc. would be reasonable sources
    in terms of answering this question.
    Do we have five names that would catch our eye?
    (Yes, I have seen some names thrown around already).

>>>> Les Canadiens sont là
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

– Nostradamus, 1552

Edmonton looking for defensive help… Umm… hello, Mr. Bergevin. Francis Bouillon for Yakupov please. Gorges for Taylor Hall?

31. slyCH says:

I’d understand a Chara decapitating Max Pac tattoo, but this?

They’re not the brightest fan base.

32. One week to go for Draft Day!! Whoa!! MB might be on the war path? #lookingforimprovements

Buffalo has no hope of making the cap floor. They must bring in salary, ideally, short term. With that in mind, Briere to Buffalo makes a lot of sense. I’m not expecting much in return. Briere’s 4M in cap space would be good enough return for me.

24 Cups

34. kalevine says:

#3 was Butch Bouchard, but not also Jean Claude Tremblay? If JC wasn’t close to the equal of the big 3 I’d be surprised. Not to mention it was he who originated the spinarama move

35. Habfan17 says:

I know MB does not like to have negotiations public. I hope we get some news soon on Pk, Eller, Gionta, and Markov.

It seems that those players need to get signed, or not, first, in order to be able to bring new players into the fold via free agency.

Habfan17

• Willy the bum says:

PK goes first, then they’ll worry about the rest. I still don’t know why Bouillon was not on the list of UFAs along with Vanek, Parros, and Murray not coming back with them next season.

—–
      Thank you Les Canadiens for the most wonderful year I’ve seen and cheered for since ’93.
      The future is bright and is on the right path for tradition and glory.
      Enjoy your summer and we’ll be here to cheer next season!

• Loop_Garoo says:

PK will go last as there is no urgency. Likely the basic framework of what each is looking for is already on the table, they may haggle over a year, or a million dollars per year, but it will get done. Markov is the only urgent matter if MB wants to get him back.

• scamorza says:

that’s what pretty well happened last time . Have to admit it hope they don’t go down that path c’est fois- la

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

• Bill J says:

Wadaya mean there’s no urgency?

As of June 25th teams can start showing PK just how badly they would like him on their team, as of July 1st he can accept the offer he wants.

What happens if Buffalo makes a 10million per year offer to him?

I know, MTL can match… But geez!

• HabFab says:

I have got a feeling that all the GM’s are awaiting next season’s Salary Cap which is to be announced any day now.

• Paz says:

If I was Eller’s agent I would ask for 1 year and a fair raise to 3 million.

If he plays next year like he did this past playoffs, he could then sign longer term after next season.

If the Habs want to 2 years I would raise the price to 3.75 million.

• Chris says:

Dvoark is a keeper…he looked very good in the Knights games I saw this year. He’s probably be much more highly ranked had he not missed so much of the season with the knee injury.

• Willy the bum says:

I forgot that Saku is a natural centre, which means it’s too much for the Habs. But hearing that Eller is RFA, is Anahiem one of his choices? Maybe a trade in the works?

—–
      The future is bright and is on the right path for tradition and glory.
      Enjoy your summer and we’ll be here to cheer next season!

• HabFan in Edmonton says:

Way too early to give up on Eller and I can’t see Koivu helping us much, his best years are well behind him and we don’t need another small aging character guy. Having said that I have nothing but great respect for Saku.

36. twilighthours says:

Whoa, Scandinavian Chris, that’s a heavy story you shared.

And I completely agree with you.

37. Sportfan says:

Oilers got the rights to Nikita Nikitin if they actually sign him that would be a decent move on D

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

38. Sportfan says:

For the Philly talk below I wouldn’t put it past Philly offering a deal to PK. They are annoying enough to do that.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

39. Sportfan says:

Arpon Basu said this on twitter for fun

“Proposal to #Habs: trade Markov’s rights for Boyle’s rights, sign him 2 years at $5M per, Emelin plays on his left, bridge to kids”

What does everyone here think?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

40. Willy the bum says:

Dang, Italy was playing like the Habs: fancy passes but no shot on goal.

Heard Brad Richards is buying out from the Rangers, so what that say about Martin St-Louis, considering he traded there to be with his BFF? If St-Louis stays, I’ll bet he’s the newest captain for next season.

Also, according to TSN690, the Ducks is not offering a new contract for Saku Koivu.

So………?

—–
    The future is bright and is on the right path for tradition and glory.
    Enjoy your summer and we’ll be here to cheer next season!

41. Habitant in Surrey says:

According to TSN (MacKenzie) Willie Desjardins new Canucks coach.

42. Psycho29 says:

Nothing says summer like sitting on the deck enjoying the sun, and reading about old Hab trades.

That Sam Pollock was a genius:

January 23, 1970 – Dick Duff traded to Los Angeles Kings for a player to be named later (Dennis Hextall) and a 2nd round pick #20 (Larry Robinson) in 1971

• habsfan0 says:

They should rename a street in Montreal after Sam Pollock.
      Preferably,Rene Levesque Blvd.

• Psycho29 says:

They should change Rene Levesque to Dorchester ;-)

• scamorza says:

ouch. and yes wasn’t Sam the best to make trades at best value, something to be learned by all 30 GM’s, even if times have changes. BTW, your description of summer was almost perfect except for the biere froide or was there no need to mention that

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

43. habs001 says:

So after beer,car accidents and soccer anything new in Hab land?..The Habs may still go in 2014-2015 with a veteran D lineup but by 2015-2016 they have to incorporate some of their D prospects into the lineup…pref 3 to 4….Based on some of the knowlegeable posters on this site it still sounds to me the Habs are at least in the top 5 in the league in D prospects but in the bottom 1/3 in forward prospects…Odds are Habs will have to improve in the next couple of years in forwards by trades and signings

• Caesar says:

Would love to see a repeat of 2013-14 with a healthy Carey in the ecf or a complete tank for Mc David anything else is just more of the same.

• habs001 says:

Probably impossible to tank to that level…

• krob1000 says:

Allwe need is a PK “holdout” until December, Carey to “need surgery”..wink wink and Pleks to have a nagging groin injury all year and Eller to have a return of his concussion symptoms…piece of cake.

• Loop_Garoo says:

Just have Carey need surgery, sign me to a 1 year, 8 million dollar contract so there is no room to sign any other free agents. By the end of the year I’ll be getting some experience behind me, and my save percentage will be approaching .250, but we wont win a thing, including the draft lottery most likely.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Wishful thinking. Pie in the sky stuff for local fans. Driving traffic to the site, generating hits.

• Chris says:

The authors were commenting on Philly’s propensity to target RFA defencemen. Both authors agreed that Subban isn’t much of an option because of the Flyers’ cap issues, although they both wanted him really badly.

• Willy the bum says:

Philly wishes a Lecavalier for Subban trade.

—–
      The future is bright and is on the right path for tradition and glory.
      Enjoy your summer and we’ll be here to cheer next season!

44. Luke says:

Have a great weekend everyone!

It’s been a pleasure as (almost) always.

Non hockey comment, but so happy for the Country of Costa Rica, the people there must be having quite the celebration. Good on them!

46. krob1000 says:

Everyone is trashing BRad Richards…he managed 51 points on a very offensively challenged team….to put that into perspectice…Subban had 53 points and DD 52 points. Only Patches significantly outscored Richards among Habs.

• Chris says:

Richards is a decent player. And the fact that he has ample cash in hand might make him amenable to taking a reasonable contract offer from somebody. I just don’t see him being all that interested in Montreal, for some reason.

• Puck Bard says:

It’s more a question of what he’s paid to produce those results. Almost $7M is steep for a player with 12 yrs of millage. PK is only 25.

47. Luke says:

Thanks for the beer suggestions! I’ve made some notes.

I’ll keep an eye out for the Deschutes when I’m south of the border (in a week) AK, and for the Whistler when I’m out west (eventually) UCe.

I had a beer in Chile called Kross 5. If I saw someone carrying it right now, I’d probably attack them for it.

I’m sure beer is a topic we’ll visit more than once during the summer.
    We’ll need a “Hockey Draft Beverage List” for next Friday…

48. Stev.R says:

Today I was substitute teaching while students wrote a 3 hour final. Needless to say, there was plenty of thumb twiddling. I was productive with my time though, and did my own mock draft.

1. Fla: Ekblad
    27. Chi: Dougherty
    28. Tb: Ho-Sang
    29. La: Bleakley
    30. Nj: Macinnis

Thoughts?

• Un Canadien errant says:

Although I consume them, I seek them out, I find NHL Mock drafts more of an empty exercise, compared to the NFL. With the latter, you’re picking players who’ll start that season, you can match up team needs with appropriate players. So you can mock one team passing on a quarterback and going for defence, since they’re set at QB, etc.

The NHL draft more closely follows the draft rankings, since you’re picking 18 year olds, it’s more of a case where you pick the best player available, with much less wriggle room.

Having said that, I always check to see where personal favourites (Aaron Ekblad, Jake Virtanen) fall, and what will putatively be available when the Canadiens pick.

• Stevie.Ray says:

I use mock drafts to see what type of player will be available when Montreal picks. If you were to group prospects, there are 5 players clearly above the rest, 7-8 in the next tier, then about 13 or 14 that are clear first rounders. After that the difference between a guy picked 60 and a guy picked 27 isn’t too significant. I think Montreal is right at the back end of the “really good” prospects (actually, at first I thought they just missed the cut until I started reading about Pastrnak).

All that said, you can never account for teams personal taste. Maybe Colorado pulls a Hishon. That means to me that then one more top end promising player is made available. Maybe a team really likes Macinnis! Then Montreal could have a shot at maybe Vrana.

All in all, I like the five or so guys ahead of Pastrnak on my list, so the more surprises (or incorrect guesses) that happen, the better chance Montreal gets a guy I really like.

Unless they pull another McCarron…

• habsfan0 says:

I LOVE the Habs’ choice.
      But I do have ulterior motives.

49. Un Canadien errant says:

TEAM 1040 Vancouver’s “Tell Me I’m Wrong” segment, items submitted by listeners.

Tell me I’m wrong, but:

- the Canucks should hire Marc Crawford to coach, and Todd Bertuzzi for the third line. (Unanimous condemnation of that idea)

- Brad Richards would be a good fit at the right price on the second line for the Canucks. (Very wrong think the hosts. Youth, youth, youth.)

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…gasoline hits $ 1.60+ in Vancouver
      …the Great White Shark population increasing in North Atlantic waters
      …young woman found guilty of criminal negligence, deaths of motorcyclists, rear-ending her while she stopped for ducklings on a highway in Quebec
      …American troops returning to Iraq
      …first case of the incurable chikungunya virus has arrived in North America
      …Mark Crawford and Todd Bertuzzi returning to the Canucks

Excuse Me, I’m going back to bed :(

50. Chris says:

Regarding the woman who was convicted for stopping her car to save ducklings, I think jail time is a massive mistake. I hope that the defence is able to make that case to the judge at sentencing.

This is one of those all around tragedies, but at the end of the day it was just a stupid accident. The thing that bothers me about this is that if the car had simply broken down in that lane and somebody plowed into the back of it, there would be no criminal charges. If the car had been involved in a crash and was sitting in the lane, the same thing could have happened, and charges almost certainly wouldn’t be laid.

The quote that keeps getting run in the papers is, “Future and present drivers should know that we don’t stop on highways, and it’s very dangerous. Even if it’s a small animal that we like or that we want to preserve, we should not stop on the highways. It’s not a place to stop.”

That is not the moral of the story as far as I am concerned. Future and present drivers should know that you must always be prepared to stop on highways, so leave sufficient space. Too many drivers drive WAY too close to the vehicle in front of them. If the sun is in your eyes, you leave even more space. You have a responsibility to drive your vehicle in such a way that you can always stop in sufficient time to avoid running into the back of a car in front of you. Too many people drive assuming that traffic will continue to do what it has been doing all along, which it often doesn’t.

I am very sympathetic to the woman who lost her husband and daughter in the crash. My oldest brother was killed at 9 years old by a distracted driver, so I have first-hand knowledge of the pain that an event like this can cause. In many respects, it irrevocably damaged my family. My parents and older brothers were never the same. I was more fortunate, as I was only 1 at the time, but I had to deal with the aftermath.

Jail time does not do anything to bring them back. A criminal record for the driver doesn’t do anything. There was no malice, and there was no intent. The driver that killed my brother was charged with reckless driving, but he never served any jail time. When I was young, I thought this was a great injustice considering the pain it caused my family. As I’ve gotten older, I recognize that it would have solved nothing except to ruin the driver’s life even more than it already was, knowing that his moment of stupidity cost somebody else their life.

This is a case where the legal punishment achieves nothing. Lives were destroyed…don’t exacerbate the problem by destroying another one even more than it has already been.

• bwoar says:

I agree that one must always be prepared to stop, and that people drive way too close (Closer in MTL than in WPG, for damn sure, esp. at high speeds in tunnels!)

Stupid driving resulting in death should mean jail every time, though. If it has to ruin a person’s life, too bad, it’s an example for the rest of the idiots out there to drive safely or don’t drive at all.

(Says the guy who takes a lot of cabs.)

• Chris says:

It does absolutely nothing. Believe me, it won’t make a lick of difference in the grand scheme of life.

Jail time should be used when there is a threat of the individual re-offending, when the individual is a threat to society. Does anybody think for a second that this woman will ever do something like this again?

• bwoar says:

I agree with you that jail won’t ‘rehabilitate’ the woman (or anyone.) And she is unlikely to do it again.

But jail time is warranted when you screw up so stupidly. I think you can and should be thrown in jail for stupid behavior causing death. That’s a blanket statement that covers all kinds of dangerously moronic behavior. Sure, she won’t kill anyone else with her car, we hope, but what other dumbness is she going to commit that kills someone? Thoughtless behavior is often habitual.

If one person, only one, is convinced to drive carefully by putting this woman in jail, it’s worth it.

• shiram says:

A break down is an accident though, while she willfully stopped her car for a plainly stupid situation.

I agree people drive to close to each other, and that’s a recipe for disaster.

• Chris says:

And if she jammed on her breaks to avoid running over the ducklings, an absolutely reasonable response (I grew up in the country, and I can assure you that there are two camps: people who will do anything to avoid running into an animal, and people who will hit the animal), and the motorcycles ran into her, would it still be the same result?

Crazy things happen on the highway. Every driver has a responsibility to be able to bring their car to a stop. Highways are designed in such a way that, even on relatively blind curves, drivers are able to bring their vehicle to a stop if they follow the posted speed limits.

We had a beaver dam burst when I was a kid and take out a 50 foot section of highway, leaving only a 20 foot pit. You just never know when absolutely crazy stuff is going to happen on a highway, so you’ve always got to be prepared to stop on a dime.

• shiram says:

I’m of the mind that you should not stop suddenly just because small wild life is on the road.

Deers or moose are another matter, obviously, but if you can just keep on driving, you should keep on driving.

Sure everyone should be responsible for his own safety, but what she did put others in harms way, for a very plainly stupid reason.

We should not be putting any blame on the victims, unless it turns out they were indeed speeding, which I did not read anything about.

• Chris says:

It doesn’t particularly matter why the vehicle was stopped, as far as I am concerned. As I described, there are a multitude of reasons, including in this case driver stupidity, that could cause such an event.

That was my point. You MUST be able to stop in time…if you cannot, for whatever reason, than you should slow down.

I don’t want to blame the victims either…it was a tragic accident. I just dislike that what I think is the obvious lesson in this story, always be prepared to stop, is being ignored in a rush to exact justice that is largely unnecessary in this case.

I can guarantee you that this woman has 0% chance of re-offending in this way. If people are still not sure about it, then you take away her driver’s licence for life. Problem solved.

• Bill J says:

Chris the lesson to learn is NOT only the woman who is going to jail.

The message sent to all who are discussing this (as we have today) is to leave the bloody wildlife alone…. They chose to cross the damned highway, chicken style…. Let them live or die with their consequences.

As far as swerving to avoid wildlife, that’s just as irresponsible as stopping. The decision must ALWAYS be human life first, animals second.

And that’s not personal opinion, it’s the rules of the road.

• habs001 says:

No malice or intent in many situations where a driver goes thru a red light or stop sign and kills another driver…So that should also be just called an accident with no consequences?…

• Luke says:

He didn’t argue that there should be no consequences, just that there shouldn’t be any jailtime.

• Chris says:

The driver that killed my brother was talking to his girlfriend in the passenger seat, not watching the road. Driving in excess of 110 km/h on an 80 km/h highway, he passed over the centreline, and onto the paved section at the end of a side-road before realizing what was happening and getting his car under control. Unfortunately, my brother was riding his bicycle on that side road and got struck in the back of the head by a long trailer-mirror on the side of the van, shattering his helmet to smithereens. He died in the ambulance as it rushed him to hospital.

If I can advocate for no jailtime in a situation like that, I think I have answered your question. The consequences for that driver were severe…he was convicted, and he had to deal (and my understanding was that he did not deal with it lightly) with what he did for the rest of his life.

So yes, it was an accident. It was an avoidable accident if some common sense had been used, but it was an accident. She will be haunted by that knowledge for the rest of her life.

• slyCH says:

It was a very stupid mistake, some sort of sentence should be served, but not 14 years. Perhaps a home jail sentence where you wear a collar? Go to work and straight to home sort of thing. I mean really, who parks on the passing lane on a highway? For ducklings?

As per speeding and close driving try going through Atlanta on I95…sick.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I agree that there is no benefit to society to see that young lady serve time, but her actions aren’t in the same category as having to park because her car broke down. There’s a fundamental thoughtlessness, a failure to understand her responsibilities as a driver, that does constitute negligence. I’d be curious to know what was going through he mind, genuine concern for animal welfare, complete disregard for human life and basic safety? Was there a narrative in her mind about what a hero she was being? Was a selfie opportunity in her mind, and a Twitter and Facebook post? Obviously, these wouldn’t come out in court, she’d never admit to that, but this is so boneheaded that you have to wonder what was going through her mind.

So yeah, no jail time, maybe a suspended sentence, maybe a light sentence that forces her to attend prison on weekends and be given a weekend pass immediately. But to talk about this may assist in the driver education department for new drivers.

• Chris says:

It won’t make a lick of difference to other drivers.

How many horrific accidents do we hear about because people were speeding, people were texting, people were drinking and driving, etc. and yet that crap still happens.

The justice system should not be used as a deterrent, because that never works. As you say, she was just thoughtless. She did something stupid in the heat of the moment, and unlike the other millions of thoughtless (and frequently dangerously thoughtless!) things that happened that day, her act pulled the unlucky lottery number.

Her concern, from all accounts, was a genuine concern for animal welfare. She saw the ducks, and wanted to save them. I see people do this all the time in areas with a lot of turtles: there are the people who stop to save the turtles, there are people that intentionally run over the turtles, and there are people that just don’t care and keep on driving.

• New says:

The woman was not convicted of stopping her car to save some ducklings. The woman was convicted of criminal negligence and dangerous driving leading to death X 2.

I think it is pretty easy to give this or that hypothetical situation or draw parallels to experiences in our past. I also think those situations or experiences are not the case in point. The woman has supposedly been trained to drive, knows the rules of the road, and yet stopped in the left lane of a highway to rescue ducklings on the meridian. Two people died as the two motorcycles slammed into her parked, unattended, and un-marked with warning devices vehicle.

There needs firstly to be the criminal convictions, because it was a series of criminal offences. Sentence is for the judge to decide but regardless the convictions are there if she gets a suspended sentence or jail time. That allows the court and the province to suspend her license for life should they like. That would mean she will never be allowed to wander down the road endangering the lives of other innocents.

Many people should not be on the roads. Most of them think they are swell drivers. She proved she isn’t.

• Chris says:

It is the fact that she was convicted of dangerous driving leading to death that bothers me. Her driving did not lead to anybody’s death.

I can handle the criminal negligence, although I think it is awfully harsh. But there was a convergence of bad decisions and bad driving at play here. The car driver clearly did something very stupid…parking her car there was idiotic.

My central argument has been that any driver that cannot stop before driving into another stationary object on the highway was clearly not in sufficient control of their vehicle, regardless what the circumstances were for that object being on the highway. People will treat this as blaming the victim, and that is fair. I just think people need to drive more responsibly and a lot more defensively.

• mksness says:

people in front of you, cars in front of you… well if you’re on the highway just hit them. never stop.

• Stevie.Ray says:

That’s the problem with modern bureaucracy. We set down these objective laws, that are meant to control and manage every unique occurrence that happens in society. The world is run by a bunch of dead guys who wrote some stuff down decades ago.

51. Dr.Rex says:

Habs interested in Patrick Sharp?

Pleks would most likely be going the other way. Eller perhaps.

• shiram says:

It would be Pleks + I would think

• Chris says:

Not likely…if Sharp were made available, it would only be because of a salary dump. With Kanes and Toews needing extensions, the Blackhawks are trying to find cap space.

I suspect Eller would be the better fit there, but it would take more than that to get Sharp. He’s signed for 3 more years, and he’s been one of the top-20 scorers in the NHL over the past 4 seasons. His health is becoming more of a concern as he gets older, but he’s still a great scorer that plays soundly in his own end. The Blackhawks should land a pretty impressive return if they deal him this summer.

• shiram says:

Pleks + could mean picks or prospects that don’t count against the cap.
          You really think Pleks has equal value to Sharp? or saying that Pleks is not a fit there

• Chris says:

I am saying Pleks cap hit of $5.0 M is not enough of a savings over Sharp’s $5.9 M to make that trade. Chicago is only dealing if they are in cap trouble…there is no way that dealing Sharp would be a hockey trade. So they would want Eller plus significant prospects), or more likely a top-end ready to play prospect like Brayden Schenn was when the Flyers dealt Mike Richards for he and Wayne Simmonds.

Chicago is not re-building, so they want guys that can help either now or within a year, so that rules out draft picks and recently drafted players unless they are top-end.

• shiram says:

Thanks Chris.

• krob1000 says:

I have wanted Habs to land Sharp for years now…not sure what that deal would entail…interesting though.

52. Un Canadien errant says:

TEAM 1040 Vancouver’s Matt Sekeres and co-host Pete Schad are beating the drums for Guy Boucher as Canucks head coach now. They’re mentioning the hands-on, passionate coaching, the job he did in the AHL with the Bulldogs, the work with young players, the teaching, the sports psychology background. They like the scar.

Again though, they talk about how he “flamed out” in Tampa Bay, and I maintain that it’s more of a case where he didn’t have a goaltender to work with.

In 2011-12, the Lightning got a save percentage of .893 out of four goalies, Mathieu Garon being the most reliable with a .901. Dwayne Rolloson put up an egregious .886. Dustin Tokarski pitched in a .879 over five games. Their goal differential that season was – 46.

Steve Yzerman failed to get Guy Boucher a proper goaltender that season, banking on aging Dwayne Rolloson, who’d put up a .912 the previous year. Every analyst agreed that the Tampa GM stood pat, which was a risky move, and it came back to bite him. He fiddled around, getting Anders Lindback from Nashville in the next offseason, and dealing Dustin Tokarski to the Habs for Cédric Desjardins the next season, but these moves didn’t stanch the bleeding.

So the response to the constant losing was to fire the coach. Jon Cooper came on, still lost a lot of games, until Ben Bishop came on midway through the season, and contributed a .917 save percentage.

This year, Ben Bishop is considered a Vézina Trophy candidate, and everyone is singing the praise of the new Tampa coach Jon Cooper. And he does seem to be a smart guy, I like the way he spoke to the media during the playoffs, but a great goalie helps out a coach immensely. When he had to make do with Mr. Lindback, John Cooper wasn’t quite the wizard any more.

I think Guy Boucher is a great coach, with a proven track record. Now with more experience, he’d be a good hire for most teams, especially one considering a rebuild, or a ‘reset’ as Trevor Linden and Jim Benning say.

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

• bwoar says:

Unquestionable that Boucher was shafted by Yzerman, but the Philly game that “exposed” the all-too-defensive system was a league embarrassment. No doubt the NHL brass was on the phone with TB after those highlights hit the tube. Not saying it was directly responsible for GB’s firing, but, it most likely gave Yzerman an extra push.

I’d take him for asst. coach anytime. Wish he was back in Hamilton.

• Just a Habs Fan says:

Someone said a while back “Show me a good coach, and I’ll show you a good goalie.”

53. PK says:

For those of you who are following the World Cup:
    SPOILER ALERT!!
    Group of Death update:

Costa Rica over Italy 1-0
    England is out.
    Italians on the brink.

>>>> Les Canadiens sont là
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

– Nostradamus, 1552

54. krob1000 says:

Proposed Habs roster moves in fantasty world.

Let Gio walk, Bouillon, Murray, Parros,

Trade Pleks(would prefer Dd but…) and Gorges to Edm for David Perron and 2nd pick next season.

Trade Bourque and Moen to COl for Parenteau and 4th pick.
    Briere to Buff along with Tokarski to take his contract

Offer Paul Stastny 6 years at 6.5, and same money for Subban. Markov gets 15 million for 3 years.
    Eller gets 8 million for 3 years.

Patch-DD-Perron (3.5-3.5-3.8=10.8)
    Chucky-Stastny-Gally(2-6.5-.7=9.2)
    Bournival-Eller-Parenteau(.7-2.75-4=7.5)
    Prust-B Boyle-Weise(2.5-2-1=5.5)
    White-Goon-Andrighetto/Thomas

total at forward 36 million

Markov-Subban(6-6.5=12.5)
    Beulieu-Niskanen(1-5=6)
    Emelin-Weaver (4-1.5=5.5)
    Tiinordi-Pateryn(.8-.8=1.6)

total at d 25.6

Price-Budaj (6.5-1.2-7.7)

Total 69.5

• Bill J says:

Except by trading for Parenteau, you’re giving Colorado cap flexibility to sign Stastny (sorta like when the Habs got Gomez and it allowed Sather to go out and get Gaborik) …

There’s rumblings Col may end up buying out Parenteau! and until we know if were trading “Imposter Bourque” or “Regular season Bourque” it’s all up in the air! :)

• Grimmly says:

FYI there is no way we get Subban for 6.5

• krob1000 says:

good news is there is a cushion if he gets 7 and if markov gets more…I think they should sing him for waht PRice gets…if I am MB I stick to that principle…noone gets more than Carey…worked for Detroit and makes sense.

55. Mick says:

Brad Richards is up for rent.
    any takers? LOL

56. Caesar says:

@ the Corsikov comment below thanks for putting that song in my heaed will be there for a week now

57. Un Canadien errant says:

Trevor Linden was on TEAM 1040 this morning. It does seem that he’ll be the face of the franchise, the media presence, while Jim Benning is running around doing the actual work.

He said they’ve had talks with Florida to move up from #6 in the draft, spoke in general terms when the hosts tried to get him to gush on Sam Reinhart, he replied that he and Sam Bennett and Leon Draisaitl all have great appeal and great skill in their own way. He didn’t tip his hand there, although the North Vancouver connection with young Mr. Reinhart may be hard to ignore.

He said they want to get a coach in place “before July 1.” Didn’t want to talk too much about one of his putative candidates John Stevens staying in Los Angeles.

He said he’s talked with Willie Desjardins, but no formal interview yet, despite NHL Network stating they were ‘close to a deal’. Apparently Willie Desjardins was also close to a deal with the Pens, but then decided he wanted to interview with Vancouver also, media is speculating that the Penguins may not have wowed him with their contract offer. Maybe coaches aren’t happy with three year deals any more. John Tortorella and Alain Vigneault got five years, Michel Therrien gets a four-year extension, maybe that’s the new standard, three years at half a mill per ain’t going to cut it any more.

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

58. Luke says:

It’s almosty Beer O’Clock, so with that in mind:

Tried some new beers this week.

Was impressed with the several I tried from Saranac (out of Utica New York) and Granville Island’s Ginja Ninja but their Raspberry Ale is awful.
    Mill Street’s 100th Meridian is pretty decent.
    Beau’s Festivale is pretty solid as well.

Anyone have anything they think we should know about?

• twilighthours says:

Probably hard to get now but Granville’s Winter Ale is one of my favourite beers ever.

• Luke says:

I like most of what I’ve tried from Granville. Molson-Coors hasn’t crushed them (or Creemore) under the weight of corporate efficiencies yet either. So hopefully they’ll be left tot heir own devices and continue to produce decent product. It’s nice that M/C’s reach has allowed for it to be distributed more widely.

As an aside: There is a 10 mile race in Utica called the Boilermaker. The finish line is in the Saranac Brewery’s parking lot.
        This race is on my to-do list.

• twilighthours says:

I did not know that Coors bought Creemore and Granville. That makes me sad.

Beer runs are the best.

Luke, in speaking with a good friend of mine who works at Molson, they have completely left all the recipe and brewing process alone at Creemore, while they are expanding the brewery, the spring water etc… is all remaining the same. No plans to change it, they realize people who buy Creemore buy it for the distinct and wonderful taste.

• Luke says:

Yep that was my understanding as well, Burly.

And it’s important to note that Creemore bought Granville.
            Sure Creemore is owned by Molson, but as far as direction goes, Granville is run by the same branch that runs Creemore.

They invested in the brewery equipment, add expertise in crafting and marketing the product, but keep their ‘corporate mitts’ off of it.

• Caesar says:

Innis and Gunn has always been a personal favorite

• Dunboyne Mike says:

There you are, Julius. Ave!

I sincerely hope you saw Cal’s re-posting of Mark Anthony on Monday?

• Caesar says:

No Missed it, I’ve been in and out on here the past few weeks. I have no idea why, but I’m addicted to this site. None of us really have any need for it until the draft at best unless PK is signed and yet thousands of comments to peruse day in and day out. Just amazing. This is not a knock by the way I really enjoy this site, I just can’t figure out why…

• twilighthours says:

Word. Belhaven’s standard ale is wonderful, as well.

• BriPro says:

Yup.
      Anyone who tries mixing hops with raspberries should be tarred and feathered!

• Luke says:

KLB did a decent enough job with their Raspberry Wheat.

Should be enjoyed like a Cider. With a glass full of ice on a wonderfully hot day.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Hi Bri

Hops and raspberries?
        Not the worst.

There is also something called an oho rojo that a Cancun bartender introduced me to in my younger days of not smart partying…
        Celery salt or salt around the rim of the glass.
        Beer and clamato + lime juice, Tabasco and Worcestershire…and then noon arrived again.

• Forum Dog says:

If you’re in Ontario and you like hops, Red Racer is a pretty good West Coast IPA (made in BC – carried at the LCBO). Headstock (Nicklebrook) is also not bad. Strong beers that get you pretty high.

For lighter beers, Muskoka makes the “Detour”, which is pretty tasty for 4.3%.

Suddenly I’m very thirsty….

• habs-fan-84 says:

Hacker-Pschorr’s Hefe Weisse is my absolute favourite beer. I highly recommend it!

• Un Canadien errant says:

Don’t know how easy it is to get outside of B.C., but the Whistler Brewing Grapefruit Ale is a really nice, light, refreshing summer offering.

I was as suspicious as BriPro is of raspberries, but a winsome waitress at Citta’s introduced me to it last summer while I was sitting on their patio, brought out a taster, and I was sold.

I like grapefruit, I like beer, but didn’t think it would work together. It does.

• adamkennelly says:

YES..not sure if you can get them in Canada but Deschutes out of Oregon is my favorite brewery on the planet. Mirror Pond is a brilliant Pale Ale and they have a bunch of IPAs that are fantastic (Red Chair, Fresh Squeezed)…check em out…

• Habitant in Surrey says:

Not sure of the brand name, but I tried a chocolate porter that was to die for.

If that intrigues You I’ll find the brand, as I will be buying more.

59. Habfan10912 says:

@Irish Mike. The answer is yes.
    @Brian and Burly. Merci!

Would Brad Richards fit the teams need for a top 6 forward?

Can’t see Sather being GM for Rangers in 2-3 years time. He has just used his last get out of jail free card. He will now recklessly overpay for another player, but this time any buyout will have huge consequences. Given his modus operandi I have to think his end is near.

61. habs001 says:

IF Markov gets 6m and PK 8m along with Emelin and Gorges that is 22m in salaries for 4 D….

62. krob1000 says:

Raphael Diaz is availabe onthe UFA market

63. shiram says:

A woman stopped her car on the highway to try to save ducks, and now she faces a jail sentence from 14 years to life.

Some people are saying she should not get jail time, am I crazy to think she does deserve the jail time? Maybe not life, but still.

• twilighthours says:

It’s a terrible story.

I’m of the opinion that a driver should always be alert for a lane blockage of any time and be in a position to stop the vehicle if required.

But so, so sad all around.

• shiram says:

Some say she parked in a curve, and it was obscured for oncoming drivers.
        She did not put her hazards up either.

• BriPro says:

It happened just outside of Chats, on highway 30.
          10 minutes from here.
          My wife knows the primary witness who just missed her.
          The woman stopped in the passing lane of the 100KPH highway, and the witness is convinced that the sun must have blinded the biker because it was rush-hour sunset.

• Bill J says:

I dunno, if someone was directly in front of the motorcycles and they managed to swerve at the last second to avoid collision (as described in the article) then it is quite possible the motorcyclists never saw it coming till it was too late.

Parking in the fast lane is against the law, there’s a very important reason for this. To avoid idiot moves like trying to save wildlife, while putting humans at risk.

She got 14 years, perhaps a bit harsh. But deserved.

• bwoar says:

Jail for sure.

I don’t know why the motorcycles couldn’t stop in time, but, jail for sure since stopping on the highway and getting people killed for ducks is criminally stupid.

• Luke says:

Some of the details:

On June 27, 2010 Emma Czornobaj, then 21 years old, parked her car in the left-hand lane of Highway 30 in Candiac because she spotted ducks on the median.

She got out of her car and tried to herd the ducks into her car.

Roy and his wife, Pauline Volikakis, were riding their motorcycles on the highway when they were caught off guard by the parked car.

Neither was able to stop in time and they smashed into the parked car, with Roy dying at the scene in his wife’s arms.

Jessie was pinned underneath the car and died soon afterward in hospital, while Volikakis was badly hurt.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Even though the reality is that she jeopardised human lives while protecting those of ducks, I would have thought an education programme and a good dose of community service would be more fitting.

If the Canadian penal service is anything like the Irish, the woman would enter the system as a reckless duck-saver and return to society as a hardened criminal.

[Edit: posted before realising there were fatalities. This makes it not only incredibly sad but a lot more complicated, given that the need for justice to be seen to be done is that much more intense. No winners in this one.]

[2nd Edit: temporarily forgot this was Canada, not Ireland where left-hand lane = the shoulder as opposed to the fast lane. Good God.]

• Cal says:

Stopping your car while you are driving in the fast lane for ducks is criminal negligence. You can’t be a driver and be oblivious to the other vehicles on the road, especially when driving at highway speeds. Her negligence ended up injuring and killing people over a few ducks. Her priorities are so skewed she should never have been behind the wheel.

• sirs81 says:

I am not a 100% sure as to what happen but any time a person is responsible for a death of a human they should spend some time in jail. Unless your defending your self or your loved one!

64. Maritime Ronn says:

Rangers buyout Brad Richards

Cost will be $12,666,667, in addition to $8,000,000 in signing bonuses, spread over 12 years.

Richards will receive a yearly cheque from the Rangers for $1,055,556 until 2026.

He becomes a UFA and can sign with anyone.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Didn’t we all see this coming two seasons ago? That the contract was a disaster, for a nice player, but nothing more than an upper echelon centre who’d get paid like Jonathan Toews, for a decade past his prime?

• Maritime Ronn says:

UCE
        That’s why the CBA changed to max 7-8 year contracts.
        There are few other bad ones out there that will take their toll in the future regarding Cap Recapture

• Un Canadien errant says:

Yep. The cap recapture all but guaranteed that Brad Richards would get bought out, it wouldn’t have made sense not to. Even if he’d been dominant, you’d have had to strongly lean in that direction. With two bad to so-so seasons, and a disappointing playoff, it clinched it.

• mrhabby says:

6 years left @ 6.6m..nice little cheque or cheques he received. can have one major lobster party with that.

• twilighthours says:

I know you’ve got a TBL connection Ronn. Think he’s heading back that way?

I know they would have taken him last summer. Maybe not now, though.

I’ve met the guy, even spent a bit of time with him (not that he’d remember). He looked just like me, which is to say sort of a skinny dude with no noticeable muscular advantage over the average person. Pure speculation, but I wonder how serious he is about his fitness regime. I wonder if he could have prevented this dramatic slow-down with some more dedication.

• Forum Dog says:

Wow. I mean, everyone knew it was coming, but that is a huge buyout.

Be interesting to see what the Rangers do with that salary and the hole in their roster. And it will also be interesting to see who signs him. He does not produce at a $6.66M clip, but he is far from a useless player. Someone is going to give him some dough to play centre for them.

Does this make the Rags a team that will go hard after one of Kesler, Spezza or Thornton? I have to think so….

• krob1000 says:

I am guessing Kesler…wants to play in US and where better in US that needs a center? Kesler also strikes me as a guywho would thrive witht he media there. Rags could improve dramatically with KEsler…

• Forum Dog says:

So then who would the Rags have to send back? They don’t have any roster players that would be all that appealing, other than maybe on defence. I’d be surprised if they were to move Krieder, but maybe.

Their prospect pool has a couple of decent skaters, but nothing blue-chip, and their draft pick this year won’t be a high one. Not sure what Vancouver could really want from them…

• krob1000 says:

? they have tons of guys who are super appealing to trade for…Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin, Brassard , Zuccarello and then there is the Rick Nash scenario. T

• Forum Dog says:

Hagelin and Zucharello are okay, but I don’t see them as the type of roster players the ‘Nucks would want in return for Kesler. Stepan would be, but would the Rags give him up for Kesler? That is a risky proposition…

Nash would be a huge salary commitment by Vancouver, and I can’t imagine them wanting that at this point. Not too mention what Nash would want to do with his NMC.

• mrhabby says:

for sure one of those 3 is on the list.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Kesler+NYR sure looks like a match made in heaven.

I loved the 2004 Brad Richards. The current edition, not so much. Interesting observations, Twi.

• Cal says:

Another Ranger overpayment gone sour. It is to laugh.

65. Mr. Biter says:

Yearly fishing trip begins tonight with warm-up cocktails tonight and continues till next Thursday. Wondering if I should ask Front for advise to continue boozing for 7 days and manage to hammer the Walleye’s. Shore lunch awaits but weather forecast for NW Ontario is rain till Tuesday.
    Proud member of the “Lee River Night Crawlers”
    “Nothing drinks like a Crawler, Nothing Crawls like a Drinker”

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

66. Un Canadien errant says:

As discussed yesterday, Marc Bergevin is considering trading the 1st round pick, 26th overall.

A few observations, as we approach the draft:

1) Mr. Bergevin does say that he could move up or down the draft, it will depend on how it goes.

2) He states that Trevor Timmins and his team are telling him that the draft isn’t as deep as last year’s draft and next year’s draft. I like that he, again, gives credit to his brain trust, his management team, relies on them.

3) It would seem appealing to flip a first-rounder this year for one next year, if next year’s draft is deeper, but that opportunity may not exist, with everyone wanting a ticket in the Connor McDavid lottery. Also, I’m starting to think that we have to consider Carey Price’s, P.K. Subban’s and Max Pacioretty’s ‘window’. These guys are in their mid-twenties, they need help now if they’re going to take us to the Cup.

4) I guess he’s reading my posts. He’s sending up a smokescreen, but it’s blatantly obvious he’s going to trade down for more picks and snap up Alexis Vanier (man-crush, growing…)

5) The GM says he’s not a big fan of July 1, saying you ‘can improve your team, but you must be careful on that date.’

6) An anonymous player agent predicts lots of trades leading up to the draft, due to the poor class of UFA players available, and a crop of new GM’s, some with a win-now attitude (Pittsburgh) or needing immediate results or at least a big splash (Vancouver).

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

67. krob1000 says:

“The Oilers need help down the middle and on the back end, and as Ryan Rishaug reports, Edmonton has the cap space to improve both”
    MacT is your huckleberry MB…..an opportunity to move Gorges or Emelin and DD or Pleks in one foul swoop to a team loaded with scorers which Montreal needs in return. In fact Pleks and Gorges would fit perfectly in Edm and shore them up significantly defensively for next couple of seasons and provide some vet leadership that Edm desperately needs. I could see Habs targeting David Perron and Edmonton taking both salaries on working for both sides. Other parts oculd be exchanged but the general parts being Gorges/Pleks and Habs getting Perron…who is a rh forward somethin HAbs need as well.Plenty of other possibilities but Oil would /should be interested in Pleks/Dd Emelin/Gorges

These two teams make ideal trading partners

• Un Canadien errant says:

Call me crazy, but the most attractive asset in Edmonton is Nail Yakupov. Sure, he’s got some warts, but that makes him ‘affordable’, as opposed to a Taylor Hall. Reasons to roll the dice:

1) Change of scenery, change of climate, go from a foundering team to one on a clear upward trajectory.

2) Strong coaching staff, management and veteran group to give the kid direction. Lots of talk about how the young Oilers were treated as superstars and given big contracts before they ‘earned’ it. In Montréal he’d get better discipline, in the proper sense of that word.

3) A chance to reunite with Alex Galchenyuk, might give him more chemistry with a teammate, re-inforce the fresh start.

4) Obviously a lot of skill there, that meet our needs: skating, offence, scoring. Plays right wing. Young guy, two NHL seasons under his belt, not a prospect who’ll take two more years in the AHL at least.

So yeah, if they’ll take our #26 and Josh Gorges, and the rights to Mathieu Darche, why not…

• krob1000 says:

lol I see he is obvious target but I just cringe at the thought of MT’s first practice working on breakouts and YAk leaving the zone early hanging out in Pavel Bure territory and yelling for the puck, then jumping up and down after a breakaway goal where Price doesn’t move and is there just shaking his head. Desptie that I am not so sure Edm would move him…I thought the idea of Gorges going to West Coast and Perron coming to Quebec would be good as well and he would be an easier target. Edm may not want to get burned by a Yak who does end up working out also..tough to say but Oilers have tons of guys HAbs could use and their needs match our needs perfectly. They should at least be talking.

• Luke says:

Ya I’m in.

I’d add Yak… obviously in an ‘affordable Hab friendly’ deal.
        The guy is a Sniper. You don’t find them too often.
        Sure you don’t win with one as your premiere player (Kessel) but if you can compliment a few great players with one (Keith, Toews + Kane) you get your winner.

A nucleus of Price, PK, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty & Yakupov could be unstoppable (and expensive!).

Plex, Gorges, 26th, and ummm… Nygren – the new Weber/Diaz chip.

• bwoar says:

I’m with you UCE. If a deal could be made that doesn’t include (you know the list!) then it’s a ‘good risk’ in my books. The EDM organization is full of morons. I think MB et cie could make something out of this kid.

Good luck getting their GM to come to our terms, though. Perron would be an easier target.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Yak in Montreal would be all or nothing. Give him 2 seasons and then he’d either blossom for all the reasons Normand lists, or bust, someone not likely to make it in the NHL. Wouldn’t be the first first.

I think I’d take the gamble, contingent on Habs-friendly deal.

68. shiram says:

Nick KypreosVerified account ‏@RealKyper

Sounds like Bylsma price scared off Florida #Panthers. Look for them to go in another direction. More #NHL on HC @ Noon with @DougMaclean

Gallant, don’t sell yourself cheap!!

69. shiram says:

25stanley ‏@25stanley

Matchs préparatoires des Canadiens : 23 septembre BOS/MTL @ CB. 26 septembre COL/MTL @ Qc. 28 septembre WSH/MTL. @ CB. #Habs

Well, they were right for Weise.

70. frontenac1 says:

Hola Amigos!Bass Season opens tomorrow! Big day, almost as good as playoffs. Almost as much Booze consumed. Saludos!