Take a bow, Mr. Gainey … wherever you are.
You have the gratitude of Montreal hockey fans – even those who doubted you – for:
• Scott Gomez instead of Saku Koivu
• Mike Cammalleri instead of Alex Tanguay
• Brian Gionta instead of L’Artiste
• Tom Pyatt instead of Christopher Higgins
• Jaro Spacek, Hal Gill and Paul Mara instead of Mike Komisarek, Francis Bouillon and Mathieu Dandenault
• Marc-André Bergeron instead of Mathieu Schneider
Thank you, also, for Jacques “I don’t have a problem with calmness” Martin.
Thanks for letting P.K. Subban learn pro hockey away from the spotlight until he was ready.
And for kicking BGL out of a tight, proud, hard-working room.
We’ll also credit Gainey, at least in part, for Travis Moen and Dominic Moore – BIG upgrades on Tom Kostopoulos and Steve Bégin.
The sun is shining in Montreal and everyone is smiling.
Bob Gainey has no influence on the weather, but what a playoff team he put together.