Teeing up the draft

• No qualifying offer to Pouliot

Emerson Etem is a hot prospect from the golden state – Pat Hickey

Much suspense surrounds Canadiens

TSN’s predictions

• Who the heck is Tyler Toffoli? Scott Cullen’s mock draft

Top Russian prospects

Boone blogs live, at 7 p.m.

And, if your stomach can take it, Sergei sounds off.

1. Storm Man says:

you keep saying the samething over and over again. Get over it your mancrush plays for the Blues now. I cheer for the team not just one player you should try it sometime.

2. Storm Man says:

do you have any clue what the definition of core means? The core of the Habs is still in place.

3. Chorske says:

Did you seriously just use “NAG” in a sentence?

Imma come over and dump some goulash, hot potato salad, and rollmops on yer fool head. Don’t encourage the anti-euro contingent… and Habs-Professor in particular- by adopting that meaningless term. You’re better than that, dude. 😉

4. Chorske says:

So many old saws about hockey have died this year.

The Hawks disproved the notion that Stanley Cups are won on elite-level goaltending.

And the Leafs have disproved (disproven?) that the team that gets the better player wins the trade. Kessel’s good, but how excited would Leafs Nation be about a top two pick right now? And how stacked is Boston these days? Urgh.

5. jbroderi says:

you are the perfect poster, or at least the attitude is.  We should be talking about how to improve our team through personell changes, trades, free agents, coaching changes, etc.  we are here to talk hockey.  We can and should be critical, but not to the point of being critical for the sake of it, or bitching and moaning because we have the same gm and coach again, etc etc.  Let’s all talk about how to improve our habs, not about how PG and JM are ruining them!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

6. Bugs says:

If my new boy Sergei said “Maybe the coach doesn’t like me”, the translation is perfectly accurate, idiomatism and all.

If he said “gimme mustard on my hot-dog”, then, there’s a problem, agree.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

7. Bugs says:

(gasp)

What…exactly are you implying, sir?

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

8. twocents says:

When do you plan your flip flop on this HH?

(you’re really scraping when you use Burke as a model) I remember last year how so many people said the loafs would be better than the Habs. How’d that pan out? Kessel boy and all, how’d that work out?

9. Chorske says:

C’t’en plein ça, simonac. 😉

10. thorandresson says:

Speaking of AK, say he has a big season.  Which wouldn’t surprise me, he has the talent, it’s a contract year and if he doesn’t suffer any major injuries he should be able to score 70 points or more along Plekanec and Cammalleri (disclaimer that’s if he is consistent and plays to his potential).  So if he does this (big if), do you sign him next summer to big bucks?

My point being, that even with the best case scenario for AK next year, there’s still a big question about signing him next summer, so why bother and why not try to get something for him now?

11. twocents says:

Pardon me here Chorske…

Bugs, I think what Chris means is that the Sergei quote you like so much is a translation and given the local flavour injected into it, it would seem the writer is using the same sort of license that the Habs Bros. employ.

12. Chorske says:

Oh HELL no. I’ll bet they can’t stand each other. But I’ll also bet the translator took some… liberties, is all.

13. thorandresson says:

I don’t get these people, if they don’t like it and are suffering why don’t they start cheering for another team?  There are 29 other teams to cheer for.

14. Bugs says:

You think, on the contrary, that Jack Marty LIKES him and is just showin tough love in not playin’m?

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

15. Mr_MacDougall says:

i like your style.. I will say this.. we need help on the Left side.. Pouliot and AK aren’t going to cut it.. everything else looks fantastic.. Pleks and Gomez up the mid, and Gionta Cammy on the right side… Me and my brother were wondering who the team will get to back-up Price and he mentioned Marty Biron… I haven’t heard anything…

16. Chorske says:

GAWD I hope someone got a screencap

17. Mr_MacDougall says:

I really wish we had a real P-R managing the team.. we would have won the cup if we had Kessle instead of Cammy

18. Chorske says:

Exept that the translation “P’t-être qu’y m’aime pas’a face” is a bit TOO aweome, a bit too Balconville for me.

My bullshittometer kinda kicks in when I see that.

19. Storm Man says:

Did the Habs trade 21 players today?

20. jbroderi says:

last time I checked, we are JUST FANS!!  We are supposed to cheer the team no matter what. That is what a fan does!  You aren’t a hockey insider being paid to tear apart everthing Canadien, so just move on, stop whining, and talk future hockey, not the past that you can’t change!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

21. jbroderi says:

move on please.  It’s old news that won’t change, and your whining is not going to change anything

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB