Teeing up Game 2

>Raffi Torres of the Vancouver Canucks (centre) celebrates with his teammates after scoring the game-winning goal on Wednesday in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final. Torres scored with under 19 seconds left in the third period to give the Canucks a 1-0 win a

Photo by Harry How/Getty Images

Boston tries to bounce back in Game 2.
The Bruins have lost the opening game in three of the four series they’ve played this spring.

Canadiens have some holes to fill

Red Fisher is enjoying the final

Stu Cowan on Randy Cunneyworth

Saturday EEEEE-mail

Top prospects at scouting combine

The history of biting

Burrows has to be smarter

Cam Cole on Burrows

Malhotra should be back for Game 2

Winnipeg ticket drive is halfway there

And Robert Rice, who posts as SeriousFan09 and writes Habs Future for HIO, weighs in on development camp.

Top 5 names for me at Camp: RW Alex Avtsin, RW Brendan Gallagher, RW Danny Kristo, C Louis Leblanc and RW Aaron Palushaj. Avtsin is a project, but I think a 2nd season injury-free with the roster spots opened up in HAM offer an opportunity for him. Gallagher has the best natural instinct for scoring in the organization. Kristo’s speed looks great to transition to the NHL, as he can make plays even when he’s going full out. Louis Leblanc’s playing through shoulder problems for close to half a year shows a ton of grit in the young man, along with solid two-way talent and Palushaj may be jumping to the big club in 11-12.

Top 5 Long-Term Prospects: D Jarred Tinordi, LW Steve Quailer, RW Gabriel Dumont, C Joonas Nattinen and C Michael Bournival. Tinordi is the dream for the blue line, a potential Hal Gill with a mean streak but has solid skating to back it up. Quailer has two more seasons in NCAA To regain the form that had him score 25 points in his first season at Northeastern before a blown ACL knocked his development off course. Dumont showed an uptick at the AHL playoffs when he scored 6 goals, trailing only Dawes and Palushaj on the squad. Nattinen projects as a two-way centre with a fantastic faceoff instinct, he had a 73% faceoff efficiency at the 2010 WJC and a 63% efficiency at the 2011 WJC.

Top-5 “Of Interest”: LW Alain Berger, RW Ian Schultz, C Andreas Engqvist, D Brendon Nash, D Morgan Ellis. Berger was the overage Swiss forward signed out of the Oshawa Generals, he has the potential to be a grinder who will plant himself in front of the net. Ian Schultz has a similar quality to Berger, but with the added benefit of having a hell of a knack for fighting. Engqvist could be a 4th-line C, best D-forward in Hamilton last season, but skating has to be improved, as does his strength. Nash, I really, really like his poise on the ice, tends to have an solid instinct to be at the right places during play. Ellis, it’s hard to tell when a defencemen is on a terrible team, but I think he’s got something to him.

1. Un Canadien errant says:

It looks like Gomez did spend some time in the gym last summer, so he didn’t totally dog it.

One of my problems with sports journalists is that they tend to not tell us what they know, for fear of losing access to players and their sources. So this season everyone was piling on Gomer, but nobody would come out and say if he’s just getting old, if he doesn’t have the will anymore, of if he’s just out of shape.

Anybody out there know?

• Hoegarden says:

Just put yourself in his shoes. He is in his 30s, has his name on the big mug and his bank account should take care of his family for the rest of his life. He is a finesse player (paid to set up his line mates so we’re told) as opposed to a crash the net type.
      He is a nice person but I see no reason why he would change his game in 2011-12.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I’m certainly not expecting him to be a ‘crash the net’ thug, if he was the Bruins would have traded for him.

I do understand that the passion cools in some players once they’ve won and/or signed a fat contract. I guess what I’m wondering in his case is which is it, lack of skill (older player maximizing his rapidly diminishing talent) or lack of will (failure to train hard during the off-season, lack of passion for the cause during the season).

• Hoegarden says:

Hard to tell from my living room….. If I have to choose one it would be lack of passion.
          I only hope that he decides to go and have fun playing in Switzerland or Austria this fall.

• habstrinifan says:

There was one show where Tony Marinaro from team990 intimated some specific things.

Before I continue let me say that I listen to Tony a lot, that he has really hit Gomez hard during the season (not at the beginning as if he was anti-Gomez to start) and that I believe that Tony does have some in-room sources.

Tony for instance was one of the reporters to steadfastly report the Markov/Price incident despite Gionta’s denial until Price himself confirmed it in an interview early in the season.

Tony said that the perceptions re Gomez were as follows:

That he carried too much body fat and did not really work out as he should have in the off-season. I saw the picture with Subban/Cam/Gomez long long ago (before the season started) and I was excited too. I havent examined the picture since then but I think that close observation of Gomez’s facial features during the season would indicate some fat I will go back and look at the pic after I post this.

Second thing that Tony said was, based on remarks from Gomez himself, that Gomez did not want to play with the pressure of a top goal scorer.. he wanted nothing to do with it.
      I remember posting many times that Gomez’s main problem was lack of focus on goals in his play…. that he just skated as if he enjoyed skating. And the goals of a tops six forward should of course be GOALS.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Yeah, I don’t expect Gomez to be the top-scorer, but to win faceoffs, feed his linemates and backcheck like crazy when he doesn’t have the puck.

I know that players who don’t have a lot of upper body strength tend to not be goal scorers (Wayne Gretzky being a notable exception), they just can’t bend the stick and generate velocity, the puck flutters and wobbles to the net when they shoot. Kaberle is a prime example of this, all the lunkheads who say he doesn’t shoot enough don’t understand that he himself knows his shot isn’t any good, and that’s why he doesn’t use it much. Maybe Scott is the same, he let his fitness slide and now he knows he can’t generate velocity when he shoots. I saw late in the season a couple of knuckleballs he sent at the net when he was out of options, my thought was that at least he got us a faceoff in the offensive zone.

I hate the Bruins more than the Nordiques, who I hate more than the Flyers.

2. Bouleau noir says:

Good work Robert,

Has 5th rounder Maxim Trunev ever attended development camp ? this fantastic Russian skater oozes talents, any chances of seeing him one day wearing the CH ?

• SeriousFan09 says:

Not to my memory, Trunev is in my longshots category of players ending up with HAM and than MTL, he’s signed for another year in the KHL and I haven’t heard a thing about him being interested in leaving Russia.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• Rusty says:

Trunev scored 1 goal in 39 games for Severstal in KHL, He is almost 21. This is not the development you want. But as opposed to Avtsin he plays in the KHL which is a good thing. They practise more and better than most AHL teams. He may take many years like Yemelin. Just stay away from AHL.

Rusty Stubb

3. habs001 says:

we have had 2 years of finishing near the bottom of the league in scoring…for 2011-2012 unless there is a trade made it is unlikely we will get a player that can put the puck in the net regularly..if we come back with basically the same line up where will our scoring come from? gion,plecks,ak46 will probably score the same number of goals as this year…we have 5 potential forwards that could increase our scoring…camm ..it is reasonable to expect him to score at least 12-15 more goals next year…the other 4 maxpac,dd,eller,pouliot have potential to really increase their outputs but all have some type of issues…from injuries to size and experience to motivation..since free agency and trades probably will not be a factor for the habs we will have to increase our goal production from our own assets..a mobile offensive d would also help

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Our scoring wasn’t nearly as dire as some have said. If Montreal had scored 23 more goals (or 1 extra goal every 3.5 games), they’d have been in the top 10 in the league.

• RGM says:

Yeah but they didn’t, which is the kind of the point that he’s trying to make. If they’d scored an additional 23 goals they probably would have had 5-6 extra wins under their belt and been a division winner instead of the #6 seed.
        These are all what if’s and therefore irrelevant.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

• TorontoHabsFan says:

I get that, my point was that Total Goals is a bit of a misleading stat as most teams tend to bunch within 15-30 goals of each other. Saying a team finished 10th or a team finished 20th doesn’t really tell you a whole lot. (I can see now that my point wasn’t really made all that clearly…my bad)

It’s like how Toronto kept harping on how they finished 10th in scoring in 2008-2009 (the year before they traded for Kessel), when in reality they finished closer to 24th in the league than they did to 2nd.

I wonder – has anyone ever done a sabrmetric style study of how many wins a modest increase in Goals Per Game would translate into? 5-6 wins seems a bit high to me…2-3 wins feels more likely.

cheers

• habstrinifan says:

It was and any member of management who operates under your claim is failing the club. Our 5-on-5 scoring has been atrocious in the past two years and I think it finished it’s lowest last year.

If you ever can go back and listen to JM’s response to a question on his post-season presser you will find his insight into the cause and solution for this problem to be troubling.

Just as troubling when he said that Subban was not an ‘offensively gifted’ defenseman because all his scoring had come from the POWER PLAY… not realising at the time that he (Martin) was coaching a squad where basically ALL the scoring were coming from the power play.

• Bouleau noir says:

Good post habs001

A full season from Pacioretty should improved our lot, he was on a pace for 30 goals last year and yes, Cammalleri will be expected to give us a dozen more goals.

Depth lines scoring should increase, Pouliot’s 13 goals were our highest coming from these lines last season and I think we can expect around 10 goals from Eller next year and substantially more from Desharnais who will also be getting some PP time…. in fact, if those 3 were used as a single line all season their individual output could even get better than that.

The main key to make our scoring better when playing 5-on-5 would be to upgrade our D-Squad’s mobility and puck managing hability and to give them more offensive responsabilities…. just like what they have done in Vancouver with the Canucks.

So far we have 2 Dmen ( Markov, Subban ) in our D-Squad which even exceed any of the individuals you might find in Vancouver but we drop way bellow Vancouver’s accross the line standard when we look at two of our other permanents in Gill and Gorges with their total lack of offensive stimulating habilities.

Our D-Squad is not yet completed while trade could also effect the final picture, whatever it is, IT WILL have an effect, wether positive or negative, on the scoring capability of our forwards and that of our team.

4. Un Canadien errant says:

I read an article recently about a high performance training centre for hockey players in which the head trainer rattled off a number of NHL’ers who attend his facility. One name which stood out was our friend Scott Gomez, the trainer said in what I can only imagine was a snide tone that he had stopped attending the last two summers.

Does anyone remember this article and have a link?

From way out here in BC I assumed that Gomez was just a guy who had a few good years making the most of his moderate talent, and was in the twilight of his career, but now it seems that SG just isn’t putting out the effort that modern-day topflight NHL pros need to expend.

Any chance that his end-of-season mea culpa is a sign that he will get back to the gym instead of a golf and BBQ summer? Even if he did, what could we reasonably expect? 20 G, 50 assists? Would that level of production obviate the need to slip him into a Bulldogs jersey next season?

5. SeriousFan09 says:

Should also mention, MTL invites notable NCAA Goalie Aaron Dell to their Development Camp. He went 30-7-2 with a .924 Save % and 1.79 GAA with North Dakota last season. If we want a premium goalie prospect in the system, he is our man.

And I forgot to add a note for Bournival, silly me: Bournival projects as a checking line C much like Engqvist or Nattinen, but has potentially better scoring talent and clutch play. He wears the C for his team and was their top playoff contributor in terms of key scoring.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

6. habsfan0 says:

All 13,000 season tickets have been sold in Winnipeg. What took so long? lol

• Jim Edson says:

and that two faced little rodent Buttman’s reply”

“While I had no doubt the ‘Drive to 13,000′ would reach its destination, the remarkable speed at which it got there certifies the fans’ hunger for NHL hockey and their commitment to True North’s initiatives,” said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman in a statement before Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final in Vancouver.

What a crock! You got your sunbelt initiative shoved where the sun don’t shine Gary!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Where does the line to boot Bettman in the behind start? It is only one of the ways I can imagine could wipe that supercilious smirk off his face.

7. Rusty says:

You read it here first – Avtsin will not be a player. Forget him, waste of time. When was the last time you saw a Russian player become a NHLer, when:
    a) Never been a regular in the top Russian league.
    b) Never played in the Russian national junior team.
    c) Made the trip from zero to hero in the AHL.
    Anyone, just one? The Canadiens management are hoping for miracles, but they don’t happen often.
    Leblanc should have stayed in college, not Harvard but in a good hockey college. I am afraid that LL will not become a regular.
    I just saw an English football player score. Miracles do happen!

Rusty Stubb

• SeriousFan09 says:

A) Avtsin only played for 1 season in the KHL, in which he was injured and very few 18-year olds get to play at that level. (Pavel Datsyuk couldn’t stay on his Superleague team in his draft year, or ever made the WJC team btw)

B) National Team is not make-or-break for an NHL career. Angelo Esposito played for Canada at the WJC but Logan Couture did not. Whose pro career is going better for them right now?

C) I didn’t say Avtsin would score 80 points did I? I said I think he can make a positive leap forward next season and I like his skill set. It’s raw and needs work and 19-year olds don’t exactly rule the ice in the AHL.

Leblanc could not transfer to a school like North Dakota or Michigan without sitting out a year first due to NCAA rules. He’s now had a taste of a harder schedule in the Q and showed some of the best grit any prospect did this season with what he battled.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• Rusty says:

Datsyuk played four seasons in the top Russian league before transferring and he didn’t go to the AHL. He went directly to Detroit. Avtsin is not close to that. If Avtsin were a prospect he would first be a valuable player in the KHL. Thank you for clarification about Leblanc.

Rusty Stubb

• SeriousFan09 says:

No he didn’t, but he also wasn’t a Superleague standout in his early seasons. Not saying Avtsin will be like Datsyuk but there are all kinds of roads for players to take to the NHL. Dismissing a 20-year old is pretty shortsighted from a development perspective, especially when he’s a later-round pick.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
          SF09 on Twitter

8. Rusty says:

Before the series I was reading about the Canucks’ depth. I can’t see that depth. Their fourth line is of much lesser value than the Habs’ fourth line. Tambellini, Oreskovich are stiffs who are not getting any minutes. Depth? Bruins have Ryder, Seguin.
    England is so bad it’s laughable. Don’t English football players practise? And their goalies – bah!!

Rusty Stubb

• TorontoHabsFan says:

FWIW – Ryder and Seguin are on Boston’s 3rd line, not their 4th and the only reason Tambellini and Oreskovich are playing is because of injuries to Samuelsson and Malhotra.

9. Rusty says:

I am watching one of the most embarrassing sports spectacles possible. I am watching England try play football = soccer, vs. Switzerland. England, who invented this game, is so incredibly bad that it makes you cry. There is not a single English player who can handle the ball, never mind make a pass. If I would be an English football fan, I’d shoot myself.

Rusty Stubb

10. TorontoHabsFan says:

If Boston plays tonight like they did in the 3rd period in Game 1 – it’s gonna be a pretty short series.

(which would suit me just fine!)

11. olegpetrov says:

Cammi is losing to grabovski in the tsn play of the year showdown. can’t let him win. cammi’s goal is much nicer and should go to the finals. vote for cammi!

Habs fan…Nuff said

12. JohnBellyful says:

If Vancouver doesn’t win tonight, the odds of the team winning the series certainly diminishes. The Canadiens showed it’s possible to pick up a pair of wins in Boston but Price is better than Luongo, and the Sedins need to pick up their game, so duplicating that feat is no easy task. Vancouver might have had the better of the play in the first game but it took until the final 19 seconds for the Canucks to emerge the winner. Maybe it’s the ex-Canadiens’ effect coming into play — teams find it hard to score.

On a side note, I see where various HIO contributors are reporting problems with their posts. I’ve been experiencing the same thing. For some reason my posts keep ending up under Odder Comments.

13. HabFanSince72 says:

I think an important addition to the Habs is a backup goalie who can play more than 8-12 games.

And that person doesn’t have anything in common with either American Airlines or the best starting hand in Texas Holdem.

• HardHabits says:

The best starting hand in Texas Hold’em is an Ace and a King of the same suit. Royal (or any Straight) Flush beats 4 Aces.

• J_P says:

Very incorrect.

In Texas Hold’em, A/A is 88% favorite against suited A/K before the flop.

K/K is a 66% favorite against a suited A/K pre-flop.

A/K suited could be considered the third best starting hand in hold-em behind A/A and K/K, although any pair is still slightly favored against A/K suited pre-flop.

• HardHabits says:

I checked it out and you’re right. AK suited is 4th on some lists.

I prefer the AK suited combo over AA though. I’ve seen many an AA starting hand fall to two pairs.

• G-Man says:

Don’t those As need more scoring and grit? :)

• HabFanSince72 says:

“I prefer the AK suited combo over AA though.”

Where do you play?

I’d love to play against you.

• J_P says:

Well a lot people dont realize that A/A are just a pair, but you still have to get all your money in pre-flop because you’re an overwhelming favorite. However, once the flop comes down, its not hard to fall behind with A/A. An 8/10 could crack A/A. In fact, if im up against A/A before the flop, I would rather be in with 8/10 than K/K.

When you play online, you start to lose your faith in A/A cause there’s so many bad players who will call anything and than crack you. Considering how many more hands are actually played online in a given timeframe than would be played in a live game, you’re bound to see A/A get cracked more often. However, it’s still an overwhelming favorite pre-flop.

• HabFanSince72 says:

AK is sometimes called Anna Kournikova. Looks good but always loses.

It’s also referred to as “Walking Back to Houston”, in that if you’re from Houston but playing in Dallas, you might lose all your money and have to walk home.

Habs fans should refer to it as Andrei Kostitsyn: despite early promise, rarely plays well.

14. mrhabby says:

The green men of Vanocouver are taking there act to Boston…sitting behind Thomas..lol.

15. geo_habsgo says:

Has nothing to do with anything but I thought that I’d point out that in my ancient NHL 08 game Brendan Shanahan is now 44 years old, playing for the Habs with 45 goals and 43 assists in 77 games. Age matters not in video game land.

16. Neutral says:

we have to look at the bright side, lets say Vancouver wins the cup, it took them 41 years to do so which means we only have to wait 23 more years for the Habs. just thought I’d throw that out there…

Down goes Brown explains the job interview process before Hiring Shanahan.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

Jagr rumours continue to float about. Supposedly his agents are talking about Montreal…..

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

• Clay says:

And if they get him, the next headline will read something like ‘How-long-will-it-take-the-leafs-and-their-culture-of-losing-to-ruin-richards?’

__________________________
      Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Winston Churchill

• HabFanSince72 says:

Of the four teams listed (Detroit, LA, NYR, Toronto) he would help the most in Detroit. They are already a cup contender and would become a favourite.

I think the other three are a long way from contending.

If the wings find a way to fit Richards into their cap, will continue to prove why Ken Holland is the best GM in the league all alone at the top. Year in Year out this guy just keeps making Redwings permanent contenders.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

• SeriousFan09 says:

Red Wings are in the hunt with the new cap space, but I don’t think Ken Holland is ready to leave his D weakened with the retirement of Rafalski by committing all his cap space to Richards.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• TorontoHabsFan says:

He’s apparently made it be known that he’d love to go back to Tampa Bay…Have no idea how they’d be able to fit him in with Stamkos and Lecavalier though…

• SeriousFan09 says:

They realistically can’t, Stamkos is probably looking at least 7 million, folded in with Vinny, that’s about 15 million invested in 1C/2C, than add in St Louis’s 5.6, Malone’s 4.5 and the raise Victor Hedman gets next year… unless they go absolutely bare-bones on D it’s not really possible.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
        SF09 on Twitter

Funny thing about hockey, you win a 1goal game and all you hear about is how good one team was and how much the other team needs to improve. Thankfully it was those bruins who lost the game. Have a hunch the nucks may kick the door down tonight and give the flopper a short night!

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

20. Habs-royalty says:

With Price and Subban probably getting huge raises next summer, wouldn´t next season be this group’s “window” , just like it was chicago’s window last year ?

Even if it would mortgage the future, which realistic moves would makes us an instant bonafide contender for one year ?

• Clay says:

If they want to be a contender, the Habs need to bury our 7 goal man in the minors, and use that salary to pay someone who earns it.

__________________________

Winston Churchill

• G-Man says:

Resign Markov, Gorges, AK46. Overpay for Laich to make him a Hab. Try to get a better backup for Price at a lower price- McIntyre for 650 – 750K?
      A lot of things would have to go right for the Habs to have a shot- like, no season-ending injuries to the top 6 players on the team. Price, Subban, Markov, Gionta, Cammy, Pleks have to be healthy for this team to compete. The role players (not only Gomez) must improve their scoring to make the Habs depth pay off.

• 24 Cups says:

Habs don’t have a Toews or Kane which is a huge difference in terms of a window opportunity.

• Habs-royalty says:

Our G and D should be good enough for a stanley cup contender.
      The only impact winger maybe to be traded by any team anytime soon could be Jarome Iginla.

Would Calgary do :
      Iggy for 1rd 2011, 1st rd 2012, Tinordi, Leblanc , Spacek ?

or another combination not involving Price,Subban,Max, Cammy?
      (we need cammy if we want to be a contender this year)

• habstrinifan says:

Man oh Man if we could get Iginla onto this team as it stands plus get one more BIG BODY.. maybe Schultz I think the Habs should be a contender.

If the habs could swing that deal and have Calgary throw in a Sutter type player they should do it.

I cant come up with a name off the top of my head but you know what I mean by Sutter type.. someone who adds the ‘backbone’ element along with Iginla who will bring his own too.

• Don Carnage says:

LOL give up all that for you insane dude thank god your only an armchair wannabe

• Don Carnage says:

Your insane

• habstrinifan says:

I think the HAB’S window is certainly within the next TWO YEARS because of the young players like Price and Subban and Pac and Eller and of the ‘core’ veterans like Gorges, Markov, Cammalieri an Gionta. They should really go for it 2011-2012 season (with right signings and additions) and may have a second chance the 2012-2013 season to do so too.

But after that the core veterans get too old, and some of the young players may have to be moved or may become ‘dissafected’ or injured.

Also I think the parity that was the league last year and should be in 2011-2012 will change. Some teams that now have a bucketful of young players in their line-ups will be developing into powerhouses and prohibitive favourites for the cup.

21. HabFanSince72 says:

RDS is reporting that Sidney Crosby may never play again:

I hope it isn’t true, but if it is will it force the people in charge to finally radically change the game to reduce head injuries?

Big stars have previously seen their careers shortened by head injury (Eric Lindros and Pat Lafontaine) with not much happening to make the game safer.

• The Cat says:

That would suck if he never played again.

• Clay says:

It would suck even more-so given that I always had the feeling he was going to come to Montreal to play eventually…hate to see a great players career end like that.

__________________________

Winston Churchill

• Neutral says:

what sucks more Crosby only played 412 games Gomez has played 864 Crosby is only 103 points behind him being paid not a whole lot more…

• punkster says:

What sucks more is someone taking the opportunity to make such a ridiculous comment and thereby belittling the impact of the injury on fine young man and on the game losing its premiere player. If it was said in jest then then try to indicate that somewhere in your comment. If not then buzz off.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Clay says:

Unlike him, I see you are NOT ‘neutral’ ;)

__________________________

Winston Churchill

• issie74 says:

NorthTOHab
          Silly comment.

• G-Man says:

That would be a big blow to the league if the face of the league has lost his career over this.

• kempie says:

I bought a hotdog from a street vendor yesterday. The guy started making conversation about the Canucks, wondering if they would be able to close out the Bruins. I told him that I had no doubt that they would. He asked if I was a big Canucks fan and I told him, “Not really. They’re a really good team but I just have a very deep hatred for the Bruins”. He told me that he had to be careful what he said because Marc Savard is his next door neighbour. He was completely convinced that Savard would never play again. Now, I hate the Bs top to bottom but Savard is an excellent player and the game is a better one with him in the league. Anyway, nice guy, and we had a good chat about the situation. I came away pretty depressed thinking about how guys like Savard & now Crosby may never play again but Matt POS Cooke will be at camp in September with a smile, ready to ruin a few more careers. Let’s hope that Shanny has the stones to do what’s needed.

• Clay says:

So you’re saying that a street vendor can afford to live next to a multi-millionaire? Time for a career change, I think…
        __________________________

Winston Churchill

• habstrinifan says:

That would be horrendous for the league. Incredibly bad news.

• Malreg says:

Wow, was that ever a misleading title for an article. It’s Mario Tremblay, SPECULATING that Crosby might not play again. How is that RDS reporting something?

The only thing that is news in that article is Tremblay saying Crosby also had 2 concussions in junior. I hardly find that breaking news. I don’t think there’s a single competitive hockey that has made it through junior hockey without at least 1 concussion.

I also like how they dont mention that Crosby was just cleared this week to begin work-outs again.

22. G-Man says:

Great news for Winnipeg.
    Tear their hearts out again tonight, Canucks!