Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs

Some Canadiens fans have been worried about what the impact of going to an arbitration hearing with P.K. Subban will have on the defenceman, who had to listen to management express what the club doesn’t like about his game during the process.

But Subban told Bob McCown of Sportsnet 590 The Fan radio in Toronto on Tuesday that it was no problem for him, even after the Canadiens presented an offer of only $5.25 million for one season two days before the hearing, while he and agent Don Meehan asked for $8.5 million.

Subban and the Canadiens eventually agreed to an eight-year, $72-million contract before the arbitrator had to make a decision. It is the biggest contract in Canadiens’ history.

“Yes, I was in the room,” Subban told McCown about the arbitration hearing. “I was in the room for the whole process.”

Was it difficult to hear negative things the club had to say about him?

“No, I don’t think so because a lot of what they said is probably what people have already been saying about me over my career,” Subban told McCown. “So it wasn’t really anything new for me. A lot of the stuff, I said: ‘Well, I’ve heard that before.’ But at the end of the day it was never about tearing my confidence away or trying to deter me from wanting to play for them.

“Listen, that’s arbitration … that’s business,” Subban added. “If I’m the Montreal Canadiens, I want to get any player on my team at the best value that I can for our team moving forward. It’s a cap system and the less you have to pay out the players the more flexibility you have in terms of making your team better. So you have to understand that … you have to understand that process. But at the same token, when you’ve got Donnie Meehan and Newport Sports on the other side, their reputation that they’ve earned in this business has been on situations like that and how they represent their clients. And I don’t think I could have been represented any better than the way they did.”

Subban added that there was a long-term offer on the table from the Canadiens before they went into the arbitration hearing.

“It was just finding the right deal,” he told McCown. “The right deal that was both comfortable for myself and for the Canadiens. And in the end I think we got that deal.”

Subban told McCown that he has had discussions with general manager Marc Bergevin, owner Geoff Molson and coach Michel Therrien since the $72-million deal was reached on the weekend and that “everybody’s happy.”

He added: “I’m happy to move on from this and now try to win a Stanley Cup.”

You can listen to a podcast of Subban’s entire interview with McCown by clicking here.

(Photo by Allen McInnis/The Gazette)

Subban flirts with Eugenie Bouchard on social media, Stu on Sports blog

Habs logo ranked No. 13 in NHL, The Hockey News

Former Hab Souray getting married to former WWE Diva, Stu on Sports blog

Who’s better: Leafs’ Van Riemsdyk or Habs’ Pacioretty? Sportsnet.ca

TVA Sports releases its Habs schedule for next season

1. CJ says:

Life is all about perspective. As a younger man, my mother would often tell me, “son, one day you will have children, and when you do, you will find perspective.” Of course, at 16 years of age, the heartbreak of a failed high school romance, or the embarrassment of striking out in a big game can consume your entire existence. At that particular moment, I could not have found perspective if it laid in the ocean, and I was standing on the beach.

So, how might we apply this learning? Well, in the case of PK’s contract, it’s fitting to apply perceptive. Fortunately, we don’t have to look very far, or wide. By simply widening our scope, we can easily uncover the following;

Kevin Durant (for those who don’t follow the NBA – Durant is the reigning MVP) is poised to sign a new shoe deal reportedly worth $30 million dollars ANNUALLY. No, that is not a typo. His existing deal, set to expire, paid him $60 million over 7 years.

So, looking through a new lens, I suppose right years and $72 million is not so bad after all. Perspective……perspective.

Cheers, CJ

• CH Marshall says:

Man… 30 mil annually. They better be good shoes!

• slyCH says:

I remember your first post after first signing on not long ago. You have a way about you. Always a pleasant read. Soothing. Even. Like a father. You seem like good folk.

Lately I’ve gone bonkers at times. Posting simply for the game of it. Left field for the sake of it.
      You make me strive to conform on the site. So kudos to you.

So enjoy this Pulp Fiction clip, it mirrors my demons.

Jules= CJ
      Ringo= Sly
      Vincent= HIO regulars
      Yolanda= take your pick among the trolls.
      Wallet= Common sense
      Case= HIO

Keep on keeping on!

• Maritime Ronn says:

hi CJ

Here are some other dandies for you

1) Michael Jordan-NIKE
      Michael Jordon has retired a since 2003 but still he gets a check from Nike every year which ranges from anywhere around $50 to $60 million a year.

2 Tiger Woods – NIKE
      $20 Million per year on a 5 year deal

2. Dunboyne Mike says:

Both Canada and Ireland are undefeated in the Women’s Rugby World Cup in Paris. This includes Ireland handing New Zealand — who have never lost a WC match since the tournament was officially recognised in 1998 — a shock defeat this week. Canada, meanwhile, has annihilated the opposition in two matches so far.

Both countries play Friday, with Canada having its work cut out for it against perennial runners-up England who are also undefeated at this stage (kick-off 9.45am EDT). You won’t be bored!

3-5 minute highlights:

Canada destroys Spain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-gRSBZUn5s

Canada seriously destroys Samoa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBtunHIbZro

(Ireland beats New Zealand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQUDf-Mza9E)

• Loop_Garoo says:

We don’t see much of that around here, I’ve played it and it is amazingly fun. Probably would be great to see, but I probably won’t have the chance to watch.

3. John Q Public says:

I would have liked to say on many occasions that this forum had jumped the shark. I have not stated that to my knowledge(limited on a good day). That day has arrived.

Now as I digest the the debate as to whether jvr or Max Pacioretty is the better player some among us here say jvr is the better choice.

The site used to be Habs Inside/Out and for some odd reason was changed to Hockey Inside/Out. I thought perhaps wrongly so that the faithful were Habs fans through and through. The name was changed but the colors speak to what it truly stands for.

Irregardless of the statistic that matters, goals, they still heap praise on such a bitter foe. Josh Gorges while departing the Hab organization still had the courage of his convictions and showed us who he truly is.
    Those that proclaim a maple leaf(spits on floor) a better player than a Montréal Canadian have sinned and are traitorous.

What is the punishment for such a crime ?
    A. Exile to the island of Elba with don cherry to ponder their comments.
    B. Publicly stoned (not always a bad thing).
    C. Locked away in the maple leafs dressing room.
    D. Allowed to plead insanity and be forgiven.
    E. excommunicated
    You be the judge.

Habs forever!!!

4. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On ® says:
  5. Habitant in Surrey says:

‘Montreal Canadiens: The Top Sports Brand In Canada’; http://insightrix.com/montreal-canadiens-top-sports-brand-canada/#sthash.AAj2Ycoo.dpbs

Saskatoon, Sask. (Aug. 6, 2014) –

“Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL) have the strongest brand among professional sports teams in the country, concludes an opinion survey with Canadian sports fans released today by Insightrix Research Inc..

Toronto Maple Leafs, also of the NHL, ranked second, Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL) was third and Toronto Blue Jays, Canada’s lone team in Major League Baseball (MLB) was fourth.

Insightrix, an internationally-recognized research firm based in Saskatoon, conducted the survey in collaboration with the Phoenix Group, a Regina-based advertising and branding agency.’

6. Habitant in Surrey says:

hmmm, I tweeted some results of the Insightrix Research Inc. poll results that Frank (HabFab) had earlier linked.

For the specific one below, Riddick Bowe (former Heavyweight Champion Of The World !!!) ‘Favourite’s My tweet.

41m: Perception of Popularity
    1) @CanadiensMTL – 20.8%
    2)Saskatchewan Roughriders – 16.5%
    3)Toronto Maple Leafs – 15.0%
    4) Mtl Alouettes – 7.2%
    Riddick Bowe

I hear he is a MuppleWeed fan :(

____________________________________________________

Listen to my CBC Radio ‘AirPlay’ interview, hosted by Dave White: https://soundcloud.com/yukonradiodave/habs-fans-shut-out-by-rogers?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

Follow Me on Twitter: @HabInSurrey

Petition To Protest Roger’s Blacking Out Of Habs’ Games On RDS West Of Quebec

Read and sign at; http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-habs-blackout-rds

7. Bash says:

Played a round at Orange County National this morning with my son. The truth is upon me…I can’t play him from the tips any more :(

But more importantly we both wore our Habs golf shirts (blue)! Got a few comments for sure!!!

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

8. UKRAINIANhab says:

OK, so whats up with Ryan white, I haven’t heard his name in a while.

He didn’t get signed to a team in the NHL did he?

9. jols says:

JVR vs Patches ???

JVR but only because he doesn’t come with a 5’5 boat anchor.

10. PK says:

Strictly answering the poll question, as worded?
    I prefer Subban on our team:

1. He is a Hab.
    2. He gets us fans out of our seats with his exciting play, perhaps more so than Doughty (who we see play often, being in this time zone).

I was surprised to see Doughty make at least a couple of flagrant defensive errors in the SCF. The type of mistake that would see MT pressing the “bench Subban” button. Even the best D make mistakes when under pressure.

Doughty has accomplished more with the Kings but Subban has eight years to catch up in terms of Stanley Cup rings … we’ll see.

>>>> Les Canadiens sont là
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

“Une équipe de hockey sur glace de l’île de Mont-Royal va gagner la Coupe de Lord Stanley à 24 reprises dans le 20e siècle et trois fois au cours du 21e siècle.”

– Nostradamus, 1552

• scamorza says:

Both great players, think you are right Subban has a shorter leash. doughty gave up a goal in the finals and then came right back and scored a beauty. Hopefully with new contract and allusions to “our young leaders” needing to take on a bigger role means Subban has a bit more of a green light this upcoming season
      come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

• Ozmodiar says:

Considering your handle and avatar, forgive me if I don’t spit out my drink in shock! ;)

I agree, though. PK would be my choice, as a fan. More entertaining, and almost as good as Doughty.

• scamorza says:

Oh my god what will Leaf nation say ? Will this make TSN news . will it be on the front page of the Toronna Star tomorrow- will there be a need for a national inquiry??? les Canadiens Les. Canadiens sont-la!

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

11. Maritime Ronn says:

Doughty or Subban?

First, Doughty is actually only 24 years old, and 7 months younger than Subban.

As for a comparison, not even close to date.
    Doughty has 2 Gold Medals where he played, hugely contributed, and was an important factor.

Doughty also has 2 Cup rings – the most recent where he played almost 29 minutes per game…and was called upon to play 1st Unit PP and PK minutes against competition that any Eastern Conference team would have never had a chance in a 7 games series – San Jose, Anaheim, and then Chicago.

For now and the near future, the Western Conference rules.
    The Top 6 Olympic Gold Medal Dmen were all from the Western Conference and deservedly so because of the superior teams and overall talent..

For the moment, Doughty, Duncan Keith, and Shea Weber are easily the best 3 Dmen in the NHL and a cut above the rest.

Can Subban ever get to that complete level?
    We’ll see, but there is a large gap to close.

• CJ says:

I hope my original comment below wasn’t condescending (essentially saying that some are voting without watching). I do agree though MR; IMO, it’s not that close. Look at Doughty’s game this postseason. He was without peer.

Sure, this might change, but as the younger player, there’s every reason to believe that Doughty also grows his game.

Anyway, I do appreciate everyone’s opinion, like, unlike or indifferent.

• habcertain says:

Don’t think many experts would debate it at this point, but this whole Cup rings, is a hallow argument. Does anyone doubt Bourque’s talent when he tired endlessly with the Bruins and not winning a Cup? NO one single player can bring a Cup to a team, possibly a hot goalie in the playoffs will assist the cause but no positional player can, imo

• Maritime Ronn says:

Perhaps another way to look at it.
        The table has to be set from top to bottom for a team to win the Cup.
        Without Doughty and his top quality minutes, the Kings don’t win.
        Same goes with Bourque and his Avs Cup.

• punkster says:

Interesting, yet impossible, way to test your choice…would PK and DD produce the same or better basic stats if they switched teams?

Similar sized players, similar basic stats, though PK did have a better recent season. I wonder how each would do playing with the other’s compliment of partners and the advantages or disadvantages of the forwards in front of them or the coaches behind their respective benches.

For me there’s no question, even accounting for all the stats and trophies…PK all the way based entirely on the one element I can see with my eyes and hear with my ears…his sparkling and dynamic personality.

Release the Subbang!!!

• Maritime Ronn says:

Your last paragraph reminded me about this CBC article…

———————
            Subban Q&A

Q: Who on the Habs has the best nickname?

A: I like Carey (Cash) Price. Nobody calls him that but me. Carey (Cash Money) Price, CP, CPizzle…..

Most of the guys call me Sizzle.
            I’d like them to call me Subbanator, but they don’t. The only person that calls me Subbanator or Subbatron is Colby Armstrong, but he’s not on our team anymore. But most of the guys on our team call me Sizzle.
            ————-
            When I first read that, it reminded me about a saying with the words Sizzle and Steak

• Ozmodiar says:

Swap out Doughty, insert PK. Do the Kings still win the cup??

/ answer: maybe

• DAVE. N says:

Nice to see a comparison that is in perspective. I voted that Subban was NOT the top 3 defenseman in the NHL. In my opinion, the Habs paid for the personae and not for the talent. I’m old school (played defense all my time playing)and I have a hard time putting his defensive skills top 10. Put him on the wing, ok got it. But still not a 9 million average player. I just don’t see it. I’d love to have me proven wrong.

Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.

• Old Bald Bird says:

I won’t disagree on the whole, but when people say “easily” the best or “not even close” (not you), I kind go “hmm, can we think about this modifier?” Anyway, he’s ours, he’s great, he’s a game changer, and he’s colourful, so I must prefer PK.

• AndyF says:

C’mon, forget all the team awards. Ray Bourque would have been nothing if the league hadn’t generously brokered moving him to the strongest team on a perfect year.

Look, on a Habs team that everyone admits was far inferior to Los Angeles’, Subban put up 53 pts to Doughty’s 37.

If that doesn’t tell a compelling story, then I don’t know what you need for convincing.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Subban’s power play time was 382 minutes
        Doughty power play time was 303 minutes.
        Subban had 79 more minutes of PP time…

Doughty was a little busy on the penalty kill playing 202 tough minutes while Subban played 55 PK minutes.

…Victor Hedman had more points than Subban if that is your measuring stick and Keith Yandle had as many.

As for “Bourque would have been nothing” remark, you are hopefully kidding.
        When Subban wins 5 Norris Trophies in full 82 games seasons and not a 58% season with no Inter conference play against superior overall teams, then maybe the comparisons can start.

12. habstrinifan says:

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! You don’t have to read a word of the story… just the headlines and watch the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

“Protest Rogers blackout of Habs game…sign at:

13. UKRAINIANhab says:

Pacioretty > JvR!

14. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

It is incredible some of the crap being spewed on poster boards by so-called “Canadians” about Eugenie Bouchard. So she lost in the first round of a tier two tournament that happens to be in her hometown…who cares. After what she has done in the three majors, maybe people should cut her some slack. Unbelievable…

15. Habitant in Surrey says:

Now, the Ryan Dixon, Sportsnet question of who’s better, Max Pacioretti or James van Rymsduik ?, is a more timely question to ask :)

But, surprised Max came out on the short-end of the straw: van Riemsdyk 58.57%; Pacioretty 41.43%

The result likely greatly influenced by not very many Habs Fans follow ROGERS’ SportsNet ???, relative to Weeds’ fans ? :)

16. Habitant in Surrey says:

@Stu Cowan

Stu, I am an admirer of You being the head ringmaster of the HIO Circus …but I must complain about the cheap current question of the day that You just posted ‘ If you had to pick between the two, which defenceman would you want on your team, P.K. or LA’s Doughty ?’

Just My opinion, maybe others think it ok, but P.K. is Ours. Drew Doughty, whether I think He is a better defenceman than P.K. or not, I feel posting the question was of the lowest common denominator-type for the sake of hits.

I think it’s a time for embracing P.K., rather than a time to potentially demean Him.

I know that’s not Your intent, but I just think this is not thoughtful timing to ask such a crass question.

17. CJ says:

Good evening.

I don’t often (see ever) pay much attention to the polls on this forum. That is not meant so much as a slant on the polls, but I truthfully enjoy investing my time in the comments, in hopes of picking up new information. That said, I couldn’t help but notice that the poll was spoken to a little further down the page.

Perhaps the poll requires a disclaimer – similar to buying a lottery product or a pack of cigarettes, you are required to be a certain age to consume. How about, you can not answer the question unless you have watched Doughty play more than 25 games in the last two years. Look, I like PK. Correction, I really like PK, but Doughty is just a bit better. Further, I can not think of a defenceman, in the game today, who elevates their play in big games more then Drew Doughty. PK really upped his game this postseason, but Doughty went to a whole other level, same with the Olympics.

Yes, I can support the new PK contract. Yes, I am pumped that he is on our team and signed long term. But honestly, would I rather have PK over Doughty, no. I know we are talking about two of the very best, but if that is the question, than this is my answer.

So, in the spirit of trying to understand both sides of the coin, why have the overwhelming majority chosen PK? I invite your feedback.

Cheers, CJ

• HabFab says:

Don’t vote but suspect it is because PK’s ours and DD ain’t.

• Hobie says:

I agree Doughty is slightly better. His game is a bit tighter than Subban’s. Subban probably has a better shot and hits harder though. Subban could eventually be as good or better.

Anyhow, Doughty is a bit more smooth and reliable. That said, I chose Subban in the poll because he loves being a Montreal Canadiens player.

• habcertain says:

Some vote from the heart, some vote from the head, I think the question would be better worded if it read something like ” who do you think will end up a better D man, career wise. At this stage it is Doughty, but things could change, PK is still learning, Drew has graduated.

• JUST ME says:

I agree about your caution about the polls (any poll in my book ).
      On Hio they too often should have another option like for instance another player,a none of the above option or whatever.

It does show though that as with the political polls it just reflects the feeling of the moment and can be so totally different the day after. It also shows that depending where you hold that poll you can almost predict the results.

For instance today`s poll is crooked. Of course P.K. was to come up on top. He is our favourite player and is the flavor of the moment with the new deal saga. I voted for Doughty but still i would not give away P.K. against anyone. Who knows what is up for P.K. in the coming years but for now, one must be honest and admit that Doughty is the man between those two. O.k. maybe we do not see him play very often but it seems that everytime we do, he amazes me.

• piper says:

I picked PK because he shoots harder and hits harder and we certainly haven’t seen the best of him yet. Doughty will get better too but PK is the man.

• Habilis says:

As I posted below, I don’t really see how one could argue that P.K. is the better player. You can absolutely argue that the gap is small (and shrinking) but you can’t honestly argue that it exists.

As Da Hema pointed out below though, the question is who voters prefer to have on their team.

So if I step back and look at it objectively, there are definite advantages to taking P.K. over Doughty. One is you unquestionably get the more exciting hockey player, someone who is just worth the price of admission every night. Further to that, P.K.’s a one man marketing machine with the personality and on-ice skill to be the face of any franchise (and maybe the league) for the next decade.

Looking at it in that light, I think you can make the case that P.K. would actually be more valuable to a good chunk of the teams in the NHL.

• sheds88 says:

that’s what I’ve been trying to explain to my friends saying he’s overpaid/overated. P.K. is worth $9million ( and maybe more ) to the Montreal Canadiens. Only Habs fans will get this. Which makes it more believable that Molson got involved in the deal IMO.

• Jocko says:

I answered PK, but there is a valid reason. I think Doughty is probably a better thinking defenseman, but PK is a better doing defenseman, particularly the physical aspect. Guess I would use the same argument with a Brian Leetch vs Chris Chelios question.

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

• CJ says:

I think PK is the better offensive defenceman – at least during the regular season. What’s so amazing about Doughty though is his increased point production during the playoffs. Further, he’s also backed up these big game performances at the Olympics. In this regard, he’s at least Doughty’s equal.

In nearly every other category, I see Doughty as the better player. I’ve read comments regarding PK’s physical dominance. Is this fact or fiction? Sure, he has a few bee sting hits with his backside, but Doughty is more physical than PK, competing in a more physically robust division and conference. PK is very strong on his feat, but Doughty is as rock solid as they come. To the comments about PK getting better, yes I agree. But Doughty is younger. Could he not get better too? I won’t bore the commentariat by going on and on…..

I’ll close with this; if PK and Doughty both hit the open market, PK would likely command X, while the younger Doughty would command X and than some. If PK got $9, Doughty would get $10.

• habbytent says:

I voted for PK because i find everything about him from the controversies to the attitude to the public relations to the flashy skating to be more entertaining than any other hockey player I’ve followed. And lets face it I come here and watch the games for entertainment

18. Hobie says:

Big game for the boys of summer, Canada’s team, the Toronto Blue Jays!

Toronto “was” within striking distance for 1st place in the American League East. If the Jays don’t start by winning tonight they’ll have problems ever catching Baltimore for 1st.

The good news is that they’re still in the 2nd Wildcard spot. They’ll have lost that spot within 24hrs if they don’t start winning.

I know baseball isn’t overly popular in all areas of the country. I grew up between Toronto and Montreal as a kid. So I got to witness the Jays have some playoff success in the mid 80s with my pops at Old Exhibition Stadium.

The Rogers Center is pretty terrible but the old stadium had some serious charm. It got downright rowdy there. The fans drank a ton of beer, screamed at the umpires and the place erupted when there was a home run. I was is in awe growing up as a kid at night games at that old place.

Oh, I of course was in even more awe at the Montreal Fourm growing up. That’s another story though. :-).

So ya, the Jays. It would be pretty damn sweet if after 21 years of no post-season the Jays were able to get into the playoffs. It would be just plain awesome seeing them plastered all over the American networks. Watching the Jays broadcasted by some of the great US baseball broadcasters. Pat tabler and Buck Martinez are two of the best in the business broadcasting their games on Sportsnet now though too.

Anyways, Go Jays Go! Big game tonight!

• CJ says:

Sorry Hobie, just can’t get behind the Jays. I tried to. I really did, but I just can’t. I was an Expos and Yankees guy growing up. Expos because of the close proximity and the Yankees because of the history…and maybe the pinstripes.

You are right though, the Jays built that stadium just as the league changed operations. I believe the Skydome opened in 1989. We went as kids and marvelled at the expansive facility. Then, Camden Yards opened in Balitimore and redefined the blueprint. Now, everyone wants an outdoor, open stadium. Imagine an outdoor stadium on the waterfront in Toronto. It would be a gold mind. As it stands, only Tampa draws fewer visitors than the Jays in the AL East. That really is tragic.

In any event, the Yankees blew a golden opportunity last night to gain ground. Toronto really needs to right the ship tonight. Someday I will show you pictures on my buddies facebook of Greg Zaun (Sportsnet Studio Host). The guy is an absolute animal…..

• Hobie says:

I agree about the stadium thing and how the Jays unfortunately built the Skydome right before everyone realized how good old fashioned ballparks really are. The Rogers Center can be good if you catch a game when the weather is good and the roof is open.

In regards to the attendance. The team has been mediocre to bad for 20 years. If they made the playoffs and had a few seasons were they were in contention the crowds would be constantly large.

Over the years the crowds have gotten much bigger when the Jays are at least in the conversation.

• habcertain says:

Montreal and Toronto are alike in that respect, outside of hockey, it is tough to attract hefty crowds unless you are in the thick of things. I remember the Expo glory years, but when the Big O was empty it looked like a cement coffin.

• frontenac1 says:

Oakland A”s all the way amigo!

19. Habitant in Surrey says:

So, …is Oz/Franco or wjc here ??? :)

____________________________________________________

Follow Me on Twitter: @HabInSurrey

Petition To Protest Roger’s Blacking Out Of Habs’ Games On RDS/TVA West Of Quebec

Read and sign at; http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-habs-blackout-rds

Boston Bruins Marchand did not make it on his second attempt!!!
    Another wing suit skydiver dies. Its unbelievable what these guys will try.

21. Rudy says:

Thanks for the info on US Center Ice. I have had it for ten years without blackouts but didn’t know if this would change this season with all the changes in Canada.

22. can_of_vegetables says:

Hi all. Silly questions regarding NHL Centre Ice. Can you purchase it without a cable or satellite service (i.e. to stream online)? Or does it require a subscription to “basic” cable/satellite. I live outside of the RDS regional broadcast area. Don’t see much of a point in keeping Bell satellite.

I know about hockeystreams.com and I am considering it as well.

Thanks!

“It’s just one of those things,” said Metropolit. “I couldn’t believe I was on the power play, so I’m like, `Where do I go?’ So I said, `Why not go to the front of the net?”‘

• habcertain says:

You need a cable or satellite provider, any basic package would be ok, then you order the center ice

• Kooch7800 says:

You can also go out an get an Android MX box from Ebay and put the Hockey streams or Centre Ice app on it. Or watch the games on XBMC for free…

XBMC for hockey though I don’t find the games are that great of picture quality. I will most likely be doing the Hockey Streams app

• bwoar says:

I just put OpenElec / XBMC on an old laptop – do you think paying for Hockeystreams would improve the quality from the ‘free’ links out there?

I’m happy to paying for the hockey if I get nice HD feeds & no blackouts.

• Kooch7800 says:

Apparently the streams are pretty good. I haven’t tried it yet but will be this year. I tried using XBMC last year to watch some of the West Coast teams and even a few of the Bulldogs games and the feeds where pretty terrible, I was using them through SportsDevil.

I will try it out in the pre-season for a game and will post how well it works.

If you have suggestions for links in XBMC please let me know.

• The Gumper says:

You don’t need either cable or satellite tv. It’s a streamed service, you just need a high speed internet connection.

23. bwoar says:

@bleedhabs81

Saw your comment below. I used to pay $2 a month for RDS, and it was a steal, even though we only got it in SD. Got a few of my friends into it too, non-French speakers, just because they had so much sports on. I’d have no problem whatsoever paying more, especially for HD. But I won’t tolerate blackouts at all. For sure I’ll steal a feed before I pay for a blacked out service. It’s an insult.

As for the ‘shows with merit’, I think the web and online buzz in general is enough to get the word out on them, and a few who get cancelled from cable networks get brought back (like a Futurama) or picked up on other services (Arrested Development). Word of mouth is still huge. I have never watched Sons of Anarchy or Walking Dead or Breaking Bad or etc, etc. but all of my friends keep bugging me to watch them. I don’t think a truly good show can simply go unnoticed – more people have cable than Netflix, say, but I know what House of Cards is (and I don’t have Netflix either). There’s more room these days for the lesser known but really good shows to survive with new content players challenging the cable industry.

24. B says:

Pittsburgh signs their #3 center for 2 years at $3.3M per. They still have 2 roster spots open but only have $930,833 in cap space. I don’t believe that is enough for 2 more salaries even if both are at the NHL minimum ($.55M for next season?).

–Go Habs Go!–

25. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On ® says:

Now that the TVA schedule has been released we have further proof that all Rogers is interested in is shoving their Loser Leafs up the collective butts of fans of the ‘other’ teams in Canada.

The TVA games add 10 games to the Leafs’ broadcast schedule, for a total of 50 games. In contrast, the 22 Hab games on TVA will all be broadcast on nights when other networks are already carrying their games. That’s right… the TVA Hab games will be completely redundant. We only get 33 Hab games.

On top of that, TVA, the Habs ‘french language national broadcaster’, will actually be carrying MORE Leaf games than Hab games… 26.

And Flame, Jet and Oiler fans? They get hosed with only 25 games each. This Rogers/NHL deal is only about choice if you’re a Leaf fan.

Hab fans want choice! Sign the petition to give us back our games!

26. Habilis says:

I am not a fan of the current poll question. If I pick Doughty, I’m betraying the Habs. If I pick P.K., I’m betraying logic.

P.K. is incredible and is probably the most exciting player in the league but I just don’t see how anyone could make the case that he’s a better hockey player than Doughty right now. Doughty is on top of the D pile, IMHO.

Logic shmogic. Of course I’m voting for P.K. :D

27. DipsyDoodler says:

The head scout for the Ducks from the noughties was on l’antichambre.

As you might know, they picked Getzlaf (19) and Perry (28) in the first round in 2003, both of whom were important in their cup win a few years later.

So they asked the head scout how he knew to pick these two guys. He said something like, “to be honest we hadn’t seen either player more than a couple of times. We kinda got lucky.”

—–
    Moving. Forward.

I generally like the columns which former player/referee Paul Stewart writes. Not sure I quite agree/believe him on this one, there certainly are nights where it seems make up calls do occur, and perhaps what I hate most is when a team has taken 3 – 4 penalties in a row, you know the other team will get a penalty next, even if beyond ticky tacky.

Interesting topic though, as refs like players are human and indeed make mistakes.

• Luke says:

And then, b/c they just called the lame phantom make-up call that they’ve let go for the entire game, to ‘even it up’ the team, now on the PK commits a blatant infraction (High Stick/delay of game) they have to call to put them down by 2…and we go looking for the next make up call.

For the record, when I was a kid, we called this cheating.

• on2ndthought says:

Man, it is a tough job. Reffed a recreational league a couple of times, my best line was, “I didn’t see it. If I see it, I’ll call it”. After a while the players started to believe it, but man, a lot is happening out there.

“a cannonading drive”

2014 Montreal Canadiens Children Foundation Raffle.

When you receive your game tickets in your self addressed envelope, you will also receive a double admission ticket. Do not break it apart.

This white and green ticket and your charity raffle gift donation, admits you to the Baton Rouge charity raffle and dinner, at 3pm sharp.

Make sure you bring this undivided ticket with you to the pre-game dinner, along with a charity raffle gift for each ticket please!

Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

30. Luke says:

@ bwoar
    Luke, you aren’t counting the guys taken 11-30 who are better than those who were taken 10th.

Of course not. I’m not looking at anyone who hasn’t been drafted at 10th. Why would I?
    I’m also not looking at the ones after #10 that were worse (Hugh Jessiman sure fit the Habs needs at the time)…

It’d be like saying that Everyone messed up the 1989 draft because Lidstrom was a 3rd rounder…(Bobby Holik @ #10 for the record… decent but no Lidstrom… Sundin was #1 overall… very good but no Lidstrom, so it’s a miss).

Reality is Luke, if we had an online voting system here at HI/O, we could actually provide the Habs with a superior scouting/drafting system. We cover all bases here, we have analytics, we have MOAR, we have “those who have never played the game”, we have “those who have played the game”, we got it all Luke, we just gotta find a way to help MB/Timmins do their job MOAR better!

• bwoar says:

Strictly speaking, I think missing out on guys in the top 10 who go 11-30, and have more success, means another GM picked better in round 1 than you. That’s where I’m coming from with that. Maybe it’s simplistic to say the top 10 are gimmies but if you want to give a guy a pass for AK47, it’s your right to an opinion. I can’t agree.

And of course you can’t count the Lidstroms and Markovs and Gallaghers of the world, that’d be silly. But I think a round-for-round comparison is helpful.

• Luke says:

I don’t really ‘give a pass’ per se, more so, I realize that conditions that led to, say Jeff Carter’s, development and success would not have been exactly the same in the Montreal Organization as they were in the Philly org, and he (probably) wouldn’t have developed to the same degree.

Could he have been better? Perhaps. Worse? Perhaps (Probably, looking at the Habs organization at the time).

• bwoar says:

Heh, that my friend is a royal tap dance around the issue :)

No problem, seriously, I’ve often wondered the same: would Andrei Markov have become the General in another org? Hard to say. Once we get past the unsure nature of the draft, we have the unsure nature of development… in the end if these guys (scouts/GMs) get 2 serviceable players a year they’ve probably done their jobs well enough to be there.

31. Rudy says:

Does anyone know if in the states that center ice package will blackout Habs games?

• Landof10000lakesHab says:

Been on Directv since moving into States from Canada back in 1993. Never miss a Habs game.

• HabsFanInTampa says:

No Habs games were ever blacked out or any future games will ever be blacked out. But the CSR at the cable company said that 1 to 3 games a season usually don’t have an English feed and they opt to show the game in French from RDS.

• habcertain says:

I’ve had it for 2 years without a blackout, I think the blackouts occur when other carriers are showing the game in the market, should not apply in the US

• The Gumper says:

It only blacks out games when it is being shown by another carrier ie NBC, NBCSN or the NHL Network (with the exception of the playoffs, maybe three or four games per year, at least here in Denver). It’s $150 for the year so ostensibly two bucks a game (I spill more than that). You can watch the games on virtually any platform and generally, but not always, choose your feed (home,away, or francais)! You can pause, ff, review goals, fights, penalties etc with ease. I stream almost all games through a Roku device ($100 for the top of the line Roku3) and watch it on my HDTV and it’s indistinguishable from a cable or satellite HD feed. I really don’t understand why many have such an aversion to it. I think it’s a great deal!

32. bwoar says:

Luke – re stats geeks / terrible GMs, mostly an easy parting shot on Mike Smith. Here’s a guy who drafted a Russian he could’ve just signed as a free agent. People were literally laughing at him during the draft.

I’m not an anti-stats guy, but, cheese ‘n’ rice, the guy was bloosy horrible as a GM.

• Luke says:

Gotcha, thought it might have been just a shot at Smith, not stats.

He was a just a horrible GM who liked stats.
      There have been horrible GMs who go by gut feel as well.

I think Burkie actually modelled his tie look after Mike Smith, he was a true original, messed hair, loosened tie and a complete idiot to boot. I still can’t believe he became the GM of the Jets, oh yah thats right Barry Shenkarow owned the team, the Jeffrey Loria of the NHL.

• bwoar says:

“the Jeffrey Loria of the NHL”

Oh it makes my stomach turn just contemplating that. Those two killed pro sports for me. And Winnipeg Enterprises Corp burned the corpse. It took a long time to like anything outside of hockey and the CH.

33. UKRAINIANhab says:

I am not currently in Canada at the moment, but I gather through the grapevine (twitter, HIO) that PK is on TV an awful lot, by himself. Showing himself off? (What I heard, don’t shoot the messenger the only channels I get here are soccer 1, soccer 2, soccer 3, soccer 4, and новини)

Anyways, I personally don’t think this should affect the PK for captain movement however, I do wonder what the Habs Organization thinks… I mean maybe PK should tone it down a bit, I would take PK over any d man in the league. However, you don’t see Weber, Doughty, or any other star for that matter broadcasting themselves.

I would prefer Subban to relax a little, although even with these shows everywhere, PK is still my choice for the C… I think MT and MB are thinking otherwise though.

34. on2ndthought says:

I think a fair analysis of TT’s work:

“a cannonading drive”

35. Paz says:

Bwoar, I have heard that most GM’s make the 1st round pick, not the head scout.

I can almost guarantee you that McCarron was Bergevin’s pick, for example.

• on2ndthought says:

Perhaps, but I’m guessing it was a conversation where Timmins said “well, if you insist on aiming for a Bertuzzi, Gaustad type, there is this US development squad guy we’ve been watching. If Rychel and Mantah and Poirier and Gauthier are gone, we might as well take a flyer on him”

“a cannonading drive”

• Paz says:

Yes. But Bergevin likely made that final call. When they move out of the first round, most GM’s let their head scout make the final call.

• on2ndthought says:

Probably, and DLR was Timmins choice for the role, and he grabbed him next round. In two or three years we might have DLR on the third line and McC on the 4th.

“a cannonading drive”

• bwoar says:

I wonder if that holds true for AK47, Leblanc, Fischer, etc.

I’m not throwing in the towel at all on McCarron, by the way. I hope that came through in my posts yesterday. It’s way too soon.

It’s be great fun if we could blame all the GMs for the head scouts’ mistakes in round one. Ultimately they’re the GM’s fault cause he’s the boss, so, I’m a bit hard on the scouts. I know it.

• Paz says:

Leblanc was most definitely Gainey’s pick. That one was obvious.

• bwoar says:

It goes without saying. But I think TT had him up there too.

• DipsyDoodler says:

In this particular case, he was also the consensus pick at that position.

—–
            Moving. Forward.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I never saw it, but I read that RDS had a camera shot of the Canadiens’ first-round list at that draft, and it showed Louis Leblanc at #12 or so, and that every player ranked higher than him was already gone by the time the Canadiens made their selection.

I don’t really know what makes it so certain that Louis Leblanc was a Bob Gainey pick, but if the GM had input on that pick, it does seem that it was limited to ranking him at a reasonable slot on the list, and that when their pick came up, all they had to do was follow the list. If Louis Leblanc had been ranked #5 or so by the Canadiens, then we could infer some skulduggery, but he was ranked roughly in accordance to most other rankings.

• DipsyDoodler says:

Paz – I was going to ask about that. I’d guess that GMs probably leave rounds 2-7 to the scout, but are much more involved in 1st round picks.

What bugs me about the McCarron pick isn’t that they picked a guy ranked ~50th in 26th spot. It’s the justification they gave.

Bergevin didn’t say “Trevor really likes this guy”, or “We think he’s underrated”, but “He’s big.”

And yes he might make it but the 5 forwards picked after him all scored twice as many points in Canadian Juniors last year. They’re more likely to make it.

—–
      Moving. Forward.

36. on2ndthought says:

Another aspect of the Rogers-Telus situation. Corporate mission statements are a great place to start when trying to use moral suasion with for-profit organisations.

For instance, a rabid sports fan, commentator etc. may need all of center ice.

My guess is most Habs fans (who, of course are always passionate, never rabid) would not mind shelling out 2 or 3 dollars a month on a “Habs TV” that either only carries their games, or their games and 24CH type shows (I know Bell vs. Rogers).

I’m guessing it’s paying $20 (taxes) for a whole lot of content you don’t want that is the real problem.

Sportsnet should be conscious of this, and in good faith, and as a way to preserve or convert customers, and avoid online streaming; offer these types of channels to clients.

I haven’t read the mission statement but I guarantee it is full of high-minded phraseology. Ask Rogers to live up to it’s ‘ideals’.

“a cannonading drive”

• Cal says:

TVA Sports releasing their “national” broadcast schedule yesterday told me all I needed to know. The only reason they made the deal was to prevent RDS from being a “national” broadcaster and make them “regional”. They are subject to those blackouts.
      It was like last night. I was watching RDS a bit to watch Bouchard and I wanted to switch to Sports Net for some tennis in Toronto, which was on the schedule. A Blue Jays game was on instead.

Rogers is basically going to black out the Habs excepting those 23 national games. From what I can gather, Center Ice won’t get you any more games- they will be blacked out, too.
      A Habs channel might get created. It will cost a lot more than the $7 monthly folks were paying for RDS out west.

• jimmy shaker says:

Thought centre ice would give you every game just with the opposing habs team commentators…..ex….habs vs cubs with edwards instead of the lovely pierre houde. Am I wrong?

Shaker out!

• bwoar says:

It’s a joke.

Happy to pay for these games legally if they get into the 21st century. I got no problem paying $1 a game for all CH games. Heck, they can make it $2 for every playoff game. All good.

There’s no excuse for not streaming the games and offering a comprehensive service BY TEAM. The consumer cable TV market is not for me, I don’t watch any TV shows and I don’t want to pay for TV I’m not going to watch. So until they get it right I’ll be breaking the law in some way.

Frankly I can’t seem to find any info on official NHL streaming for the upcoming season yet, which is worrying in itself.

• jimmy shaker says:

I’m with you for paying for each game. The telly should be a “pay as you go” system. That would be great!

Shaker out!

• bleedhabs81 says:

I have probably jumped in this too late (the conversation is way further up the page now)

but

the problem with unbundling cable packages and only paying for shows you like, a number of shows just wouldn’t survive…. and I know what you are thinking

“so? if a show can’t survive on it’s own merits it shouldn’t exist”.

I bet there is a large number of “good” shows, or shows that you may be interested in that would shrivel up and die if it wasn’t for the revenue generated from the cable bundling.

I would also like to just pay for the shows I watch, but I also wonder what the implications of that would really be.

and for the record, I used to pay 5.99 for the french package just for RDS… and it was worth it… I might be willing to be pay a bit more

• on2ndthought says:

Yeah, it really should be for what you actually watch. I’ve got HBO for ‘Game of Thrones and ended up loving ‘True Detective’ but really, just charge me for those.

“a cannonading drive”

So last night in the Canada Jr. Development Camp game, Ekblad suffers what most would concede is a concussion. What gets me is a comment like this tweeted by Ryan Rishaug of TSN.

TSNRyanRishaug: Ekblad done for the week as both the Panters and Hockey Canada will play it safe.

To me the wording of “play it safe” is almost like the Panthers and Hockey Canada are being generous in their handling. I don’t think this should be playing it safe, but rather playing it right, or smart.

Concussions are serious, and yet the term playing it safe, makes it sound like, well he could play if we really needed him to, but we are going to take some precautions this time…..

If Ekblad suffered a torn MCL, it wouldn’t be playing it safe, it would be quite simply, he is hurt and can’t play and needs to get better.

Don’t understand the stupid macho image that Hockey seems to need to uphold regarding concussions.

38. bwoar says:

Is PK Captain yet? Or are we still giving him despicable treatment?

39. shiram says:

Who’s to say that the Arbitration process was actually horrible for Subban?
    It was said the Predators were kind with Weber when he got to arbitration, as they did not want to sour their relationship, and it could be the same with Subban.

Bottom line is we don’t know and won’t know, it will be kept under covers.
    Wild negative speculation does no good to anyone.

40. Mavid ® says:

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

41. on2ndthought says:

In reply to Franco:
    Franco you said you gave ‘facts’.
    Well your metaphor is a little skewed so I’ll try to tweak it a bit.

If my neighbours sell their house to a consortium that wants to convert it to a boarding house to make more money; I will visit my city Councillor and ask if that is within the zoning regulations.

If it is I will speak about changing the zoning laws. Guess what he/she will say? “Get a petition from your neighbours, if enough of you sign (that I’m worried about being re-elected) I will bring it up in city hall.”

That is what I would do. Around here a mom got a speed bump on our street, and my backyard neighbour prevented a street long curb (at the cost of $1,500 per house) from being built.

Perhaps this petition should be aimed at the Heritage Minister, or some such. There are examples of bars having to turn down (or off) their music at a given time because of petitions. The bar could make more money by playing music, but the public good is something wise politicians pay lip-service to.

You are being asked to sign a petition for certain reasons. You don’t have to sign or to agree with the reason, but please don’t think your ‘facts’ are the beginning and end of this debate.

“a cannonading drive”

42. DipsyDoodler says:

Bwoar mentioned Timmins’ lacklustre first round choices. Not sure I agree, but no one will deny that David Fischer (pick #20, 2006) was an epic mistake, especially considering the guy taken two spots later 3rd highest scorer in the league last year (not to mention Francophone and a Habs fan).

So to pass the time I decided to revisit the 2006 draft.

Fischer was not ranked in the top 30 pre-draft:

But who would they have picked if they had gone purely on consensus ranking?

The Rangers picked #21 and chose Bob Sanguinetti (a bust too). He was actually ranked 13th by McKenzie. Not sure why but he was 6’3″ (same height as Fischer).

The highest (consensus) ranked players still available when we picked were, in order, with their TSN ranking, who picked them, and total number of NHL games played (in parentheses):

17 Leland Irving, G Calgary Flames (13 games)
    18 Chris Summers, D Phoenix Coyotes (47)
    20 Simeon Varlamov, G Washington Capitals (210)
    22 Claude Giroux, RW Philadelphia Flyers (415)

Assuming we were not picking a keeper, our likely choices if we had passed on Fischer were Sanguinetti and Summers, two defencemen who never made it in the NHL.

If anyone has the time it would be interesting to find the characteristics of first round busts.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• on2ndthought says:

So if Giroux were 6’3″ we’d have him? Oh well, he’s only 5’11″, probably too small to make our team.

“a cannonading drive”

• Luke says:

That was an awful draft. Especially for defensemen. I believe that only 4 have gone on to NHL careers exceeding 200 games played…

• bwoar says:

Nice research DD. For once, the whacked-out “draft Quebec First” crowd would’ve hit a home run in that draft.

I know I’m a bit harsh on Timmins but probably more because watching the team suck, and then suck in the first round, really put me off. He may have righted the ship but only time will tell. It certainly didn’t start with him.

I find that each year we manage to find ways to pat the guy on the back before his picks have even sniffed the NHL and it’s really cloying. Collberg, etc. etc. I can only hope guys like Fucale and Dalton Thrower live up to their advance billing. I am still not over Andrei fricken Kostitsyn, what a stupid pick. I will curse him forever for it. I suffered under Comrade Mike Smith’s reign of incompetence as GM of the Winnipeg Mondetta Jets, drafting anyone but North Americans, and I don’t appreciate the mentality of aiming for the fences with the Avtsyns of the world.

Those picks of Mike Smith were gems indeed, thankfully his doctorate in Political Science and Russian studies didn’t influence his drafting ability.

Granted he was the lead consultant of what would become Coleman Analytics, so you can’t argue with his hockey acumen.

• bwoar says:

From that article:

“There is one player, who shall remain nameless, who has never been above the bottom third in scoring when the game is on the line and his scoring rate decreases as the game situations become tougher – and he has never made less than $5 million. No, it’s not Alex Ovechkin, nor Teemu Selanne nor Sidney Crosby.”

Vanek! Vanek! Vanek!

Oh Mike Smith, what ever you do, I hope you do it far away from me. A good example of how stats geeks would make terrible GMs.

• Luke says:

Can you further explain why you feel that way?

The ‘clutch’ time and ‘garbage’ time scoring trends are used fairly widely in NFL analytics, and by the ‘Pfffft… I just watch the games, nerd’ set.

I’d think a GM who noticed the trend that ‘Player A” pads stats when his team is leading by 3 goals, or vanishes (Vanekes?) when the game is tight would be on the opposite path of ‘terrible GM.’

• on2ndthought says:

To be fair Timmins has had a top ten 3 times: Price, Chuck and AK47 with a #10. After McDonagh at #12, the next highest picks were 17, 18, 20 and beyond.

“a cannonading drive”

• bwoar says:

That means he had 3 gimmes and had to do his job properly for the rest.

• Luke says:

Top ten isn’t a ‘gimmie.’

The number of top 10s that have marginal careers or flat out don’t make the NHL is startlingly high.
            In fact, AK46 isn’t too shabby for a #10.

(yuck, aside from Teemu & Holik not exactly impact players).

• on2ndthought says:

Right, Luke. Most drafts have 3 or 4 sure bets, then a whole lot of “we were so surprised and happy he fell to us at 28th, we feel he was a top ten talent”. This year was a perfect example. Draisaitl is going to be a decent NHLer, and Ekblad will be at least usable. The rest of the first round will have to learn to play against men, some will, some won’t.

“a cannonading drive”

• Paz says:

Ekblad will be “at least useable”?

That is way understated. He will dominate.

• bwoar says:

• Un Canadien errant says:

From: http://relentlessineptitude.blogspot.ca/2012/04/issue-i-have-when-we-look-at-past.html

Another draft that is often dissected by Canadiens fans is the 2006 draft. The Canadiens skillfully manoeuvered and traded down from 16 to 20 in the first round, picking up an extra second-rounder in doing so, and still got their man in David Fischer. While he was evaluated as a late first-rounder at best by prognosticators, the Canadiens had been following him since his early teenage years and were convinced he was a pillar of their future.

We go over the 2006 draft often on HIO, it’s the scab we can’t help picking. Or at least, one of them, along with the Gomez trade, the Wickenheiser-Savard pick, the Bossy-Napier draft, the John LeClair trade, …

A really, really good read on this subject is the book “Future Greats and Heartbreaks” by Gare Joyce. The author is allowed to be in the Blue Jackets’ draft room for the 2006 draft, and it’s an awesome perspective, to get another take on that draft, how players who we’re very familiar with now were viewed at the time.

43. veryhabby says:

Rad…I’m not sold that they plan to play PA on the top line. I just hope thy learn from their mistake last year with Briere. The plan was for him too play that top line, but they didn’t give them enough time together at camp. Then the season started and they didn’t know there was no chemistry and they forced it for a few weeks so that all 3 started horribly. At then end, Briere fit nowhere on this team.

I can see habs go with Gallagher on top line again. Put Galchenyuk, pleks, PA together. Bourque/Eller/ Bournival (Bournival brings speed, he has offense if they give him that role). Prust/Manny/Weise with Moen rotating in.

As much as I like Gally, he isn’t a top line winger. We r still missing one on this team.

44. Luke says:

Morning Folks!

How’s tricks?

45. Paz says:

So I was at the Junior Development camp game between Canada and Czech, anyone else there last night?

Sat next to Gilles Lupien. When I told him Sam Morin looked like him on the left point he had a big smile then he said, “ya, but he’s better!”.

The Lupe is right of course. Morin is a gem. Sorry to say folks, but he skates very well, and he will be a stud NHL dman in the not too distant future.

Since I saw Flyers and their defencemen discussed below I figured I would throw Morin’s name out there.

Canada best forward was….Anthony Duclair, a young man who I scouted for HIO. Rangers grabbed him in the 3rd round. A steal. He won’t be 19 until later this month, scored 50 goals in 59 games last season in Quebec City and added another 49 assists. He played next to Reinhart and they were great together. I will throw my hat in the ring and predict that Duclair makes this team and shines!

Haydn Fleury was the dominant dman, although I was mesmerized by Ekblad of course. In the last 5 minutes, however, Ekblad was hit real hard by Marek Baranek. Concussed, for sure, he wobbled and almost went down gliding to the bench.
    Dale Tallon might be struggling to enjoy his day today.

Fucale was solid and confident, if not spectacular, and he got a nice ovation when he handed the goaltending to Tristan Jarry. Fucale has a lot of fan support in Quebec already!

Gregoire was not dressed.

• gmur says:

It’s good to hear Duclair is doing well… too bad the Habs didn’t take a chance on him.

He came to the Remparts highly touted and it took Patrick Roy a lot of work to convince Duclair and his parents to play junior hockey in Quebec. That said, he hasn’t seemed to develop at the rate people in Quebec expected. I’ve watched many junior games in Quebec and he shows flashes of pure talent, but then is a no-show the next game. Maybe it’s youth, but he has to get more consistent to take his play to the next level. Sounds like he is playing more consistently at this camp.

Thanks for the info.

• Paz says:

He scored 50 goals in 59 games and he was inconsistent? Imagine his talent if he matures well at 22, 23 yrs of age!

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate the feedback.

• gmur says:

Compare to Mike Ribeiro:
          40-85-125 in 67 games season 1 junior
          67-100-167 in 69 games season 2
          18-31-49 in 23 games…

That’s consistent at the junior level. Duclair’s stats compare to Grigorenko’s (his linemate quite often the last few seasons Junior), and Grigorenko is having trouble making the Sabres. Duclair has not dominated the way a blue-chip player should and he has been inconsistent. Multi-point games followed by a few games where he’s held pointless is called inconsistent. The concern has been his lack of drive at key parts of the season.

46. veryhabby says:

Hey I hope they won’t have to blackout those “games in one hour” that they then show the next day. Lol. Guess that’s a tad better then watching 30 second game highlights on the news

Fair to say our three most pivotal players over the next couple seasons are Max, Carey and PK?

We have them all signed long term, and the average caphit for the three of them is 6.66 (evil omen), perhaps MB has made a deal with the bad guy and now these three will bring us a Cup!

• on2ndthought says:

If it brings us a cup, he can’t be ALL bad.

“a cannonading drive”

• Luke says:

Burly, did you see this?

I suspect it’ll be a touring thing eventually, like RibFest.

That is pretty cool, especially like the Trews thus would make Sat. night pretty good. My problem is driving to St. Catherines for a beer festival doesn’t really allow me to drive home!

Would love to see that become a moving production like Ribfest.

You going to head down to it?

• Luke says:

Yah, I Agree.

Too bad they can’t sort out reasonable public transit between the cities in the region! (Or within the cities in the region, for that matter).

I’ve been thinking about it. Talk of a crew from the pub going for the trews, but one of the crew is actually playing at the Pub that night… so discussions are ongoing!

48. veryhabby says:

Do you think that maybe from the start part of SN plan was to one day have TVASPORT carry all Habs games nationally? Basically do what RDS was doing, causr obviously there is $ to make there.

But RDS outsmarted them and Mr Molson resigned with RDS now for what another 10 yrs? I’m sure Mr Molson feels RDS was the way to go. (I guess money and friendship there), but at the end fans suffer cause SN will never allow RDS to be national while they possibly would have let TVA do so.

Oh well, we outside of Quebec will have to go thru withdrawals. Yes it’s hard to watch all 82 games, but with kids in school, weeknights we r home as kids go to sleep early. Most games I missed were Sat nights, which now is basically all we get. Yes I signed the petition long ago.

49. CJ says:

Good morning friends.

Winding my way down – or perhaps, more appropriately, winding my way up – in preparation for our vacation to the east coast. Looking forward to fresh seafood, exploring new places and teeing it up at four different golf courses. The drive may not be the highlight, but my wife has found a road trip bingo for our oldest, so it should add interest and keep idle hands occupied.

So, I was at the golf course (go figure) Monday and bump into a current member of the Ottawa Senators who I have gotten to know. Up until this point, we have never discussed hockey. So, he sees my youngest with a Canadiens golf shirt and slyly says that I need to get something new for him to wear. My only reply, old habits die-hard….. And therein lies the truth of the matter. This is beyond fanaticism; This is a life’s devotion to a single entity. An obsession with a franchise, beyond the usual attraction to professional sports. I am not sure how to best explain it, but it really does have a hold of me. Sure, there are life events and people in my life who come first, but hockey is woven into the fabric of my very being. I suppose it can be said of any of us who visit a community message board in the throws of summer. We may not agree with each other. Heck, at times we might want to hit one another (well, maybe not those guys who oppose fighting – I kid), but we are united in one common way – the Montreal Canadiens.

In closing, as this post contains almost zero content, I just want to wish you all the very best. I see some internal strife below, which I won’t weigh into, but let’s be kind to each other. Sure, we are in the dog days of summer, but sooner than later we will be aruguing over impressions from training camp and line combinations. You know, those things that diehards do!

Sincerely, CJ

It may be the dog days of August but EOTP has started their series on the top 25 Hab prospects. These are players 25 and under in terms of age which is why a regular like Brendan Gallagher will eventually be on the list.

Right now they are listing the Hab cannon fodder, players who have little hope of ever making the NHL. However, the top dozen will give you an indication of who just might eventually make the big team.

Of course the best news in all of this is the fact that Subban, MaxPac and Price are all a year too old to make the list and are signed long term at reasonable cap hits.

24 Cups

• Ozmodiar says:

Isn’t 25 a tad old for a prospects list?

• Habfan10912 says:

I’m getting a bit old in the tooth but I never expected a time when $9 million was a reasonable cap hit. Not complaining mind you but just sayin. :)

• DipsyDoodler says:

Remember the Canadiens generate revenues of $2-3M per game off tickets and concessions alone.

—–
        Moving. Forward.

You saw that too eh! End of day 24Cups is right though, we have our three core players locked up. We all know Max is a bargain, Price is fair and Subban has a big cap hit. But if we take those three players add all their cap hits together and divide by 3, we are in pretty good shape for our 3 best players.

Hopefully soon Galchenyuk can start to challenge for one of the top players on the Habs list.

• 24 Cups says:

Gerald – That was basically my point. We signed MaxPac on the cheap and then had to pay market value for Subban. It all even outs.

I’m not going to get into it but the MB bridge contract ‘line in the sand’ will eventually prove itself to be the right call. Montreal has Subban locked up for his prime years.

24 Cups

Agree Steve. I am very happy with how it is all working out. I am just anxious to see some of our young dmen get a bit longer leash at the NHL level. I am excited at the depth which MB/MT have to choose from.

Soon we will have some forwards also making the jump. The future is much brighter today than 3 years ago!

• 24 Cups says:

Jim – I think we can best judge the Subban contract in another four years. I suspect it will be acceptable at that point in time.

The Hab salary picture is now basically set for the next three years. Not many teams can say that. This year is a done deal. Next year there are three or four RFAs with no arbitration rights. They will all sign bridge contracts. In year three, the only player of consequence who needs to be re-signed is Pleks.

The only major downside to the entire operation is that the team didn’t replace Vanek (or what he brings to the team). I’m not sure there was anything MB could have done but it’s still a big hole in the line-up. I’m not sure I can see any possible solution during the next few years outside of overpaying for an UFA.

24 Cups

• Paz says:

Eotp has some very good content, I agree.

I have a feeling not too many have seen Mac Bennett because he is rarely mentioned there as a serious prospect.

I really enjoy watching him play. He skates so smoothly and with excellent acceleration and top end speed. He is terrific with the puck, making great decisions, precise passes, and shots that hit the net from the point. He is poised, mature, a battler, an extremely hard worker.

Bennett will play in the NHL even if he is traded to another team.

And speaking of being traded, Greg Patteryn has to be shaking his head these days. He’s now 24, not a kid, and he proved last year he could produce offensively, handle his defensive responsibilities, all in a big body.

So all the roster is in place with contracts. Now to put all these guys together on lines and defensive pairings. This years great additions of Parenteau #15, Gilbert #77, and Malhotra #20 should fit into our line up very nicely. I just wonder who they best fit with in the line up.
    They are going to improve our team on paper for sure, but with whom do they play with.?

Our 8th annual 2014 HIO Fan Summit is, Nov.29th weekend.

Looks like about 150 of us this year will attend!

ITINERARY & LOCATIONS
    We are staying at the Novotel hotel, discount rates at 866-861-6112 Tell them you are with HIO to get your discount.

We will all meet and greet 2nd floor at Hurley’s pub Friday eve. on Crescent St. Some of us will be having supper there. Big screen for Hab’s at Buffalo game for us on the 2nd floor, and name tags will be given out.

Saturday morning, breakfast is at Chez Cora’s at 8:30am. 1240 Drummond St. You can order a la cart and everyone gets 15% discount off your bill.

After breakfast we walk over to the Bell Center and Hall of Fame Tours.

At 3pm the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation charity raffle at the Baton Rouge restaurant 1050 Mountain St.
    Each person is asked to bring one gift item to donate for the charity raffle, so everyone gets a gift to go home with.

Then our Baton Rouge restaurant pre game dinner. With special guests.

After dinner we walk across the street to see the Hab’s take on Gionta, Gorges and the Buffalo Sabers.

After the game the 2nd floor of Hurley’s pub is reserved for us again, to celebrate the win. Just identify yourself as a HIO member.

Please be generous with your charity raffle gifts and your purchase of raffle tickets. It is a way for the HIO community to give back to less fortunate kids.

Enjoy talking hockey and meeting your wonderful HIO community at this years Summit.
    Ian

Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

• Rad says:

Parenteau will likely start off with Desharnais and Pacioretty, and then get moved on a line with Pleks the moment he fails to score. We know Therrien will juggle his lines throughout the season. Gilbert will probably play the bulk of his minutes with Emelin on the other side. I see Subban and Markov as a regular duo to start the season. Malhotra will see duty with Wiese, Prust, Bournival, and/or Travis “The Forgotten Man Hands of Stone” Moen.

52. Ozmodiar says:

Is franco’s comment really that bad?!? I don’t think so.

Sure, there’s a dash of condescension and a pinch of contempt, but really, this place could use a bit of spice this time of year.

• Cal says:

It’s not just the one comment, Oz. franco or wjc or whatever he calls himself this week has been spewing his “wisdom” for months.
      This site needs an ignore feature. I’m certain many don’t like my comments, as well, but I don’t try to tell everyone about Life, the Universe, and Everything.

• Ozmodiar says:

Oh, I’m aware of the history. Perhaps this history is why folks find *this* particular comment so offensive. :)

I don’t mind franco’s take on Life, the Universe and Everything. It’s different and often humorous (intentional or not). I can read it and move on without being offended.

I realize I’m the minority, though.

Same boat Oz, only it took me many more words to express myself, brain is not so efficient this morning.

• Ozmodiar says:

I prefer your comment, actually, but I’m multitasking here. If my comment gets too long, I’ll end up contradicting myself.

I prefer my comment.

• frontenac1 says:

I like Life and the Universe! It’s good stuff amigo. So what if the guy sounds like that Evil Bartender that was fired last year at The Saloon? I still go back there and the shots are still overpriced. Saludos!

• Loop_Garoo says:

I have no problem listening and appreciating all comments, it was the fact that he accused some people of people of being whiners and complainers. I have a hard time when well meaning and good hearted people are berated for standing up for something they believe in. That, and the whole big corporations are right to tell us what to do kind of attitude. To be honest, had he said it about me, I would not have cared at all, just can’t let it be said about someone else without saying something.

• Loop_Garoo says:

Last comment on this. I have met exactly none of you, only know a couple of your names, but come on here as I live near Toronto, and everyone is a leafs fan. I live a pretty intense life in some ways, as I very involved in the community and politics, and am in competitive job for a financial company This site to me, is an escape where I can just talk habs with my buddies, argue, disagree etc. Franco was rude to my buddy, and I called him on it, that’s all.

franco is entitled to his opinion as much as the next. We all have our “personalities” which show through, and that provides much colour to our forum.

I often disagree with franco, but always read his comments and over the past few weeks agreed with much of what he said.

When it comes to the Rogers TV deal, I get what he is saying, he may in fact be 100% correct. However, many of us really dislike the new TV contract, I would have preferred a model similar to the NFL’s TV contract where it is jointly done through various networks.

I especially loved having my RDS feed give me all 82 games.

Nothing wrong with a petition, nothing wrong with disagreeing with a petition, we all have our feelings one way or the other.

Sometimes it is hard to remain open minded reading certain peoples comments as we all (or at least I do) create prejudices of certain posters. I am sure many have no use for my posts, especially when I am in my sarcastic moods. But if one doesn’t remain open minded you can miss some excellent posts. Even if they are written by a person whom you may not usually agree with or like to read.

• Garbo says:

Some people are just extremely sensitive and believe if you don’t say something that they agree with, you should not be allowed to say it. Welcome to the politically correct universe.

53. Steeltown Hab says:

PK Subban the first black captain to raise the Stanley Cup.

Let that sink in, we have a future hall of famer, getting ahead of myself or not I’d put money he’ll be there.

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Emelin, Bournival, De La Rose – @J_Perez22

• Cal says:

On opening night, I’d like to see PK skate onto the ice wearing the “c”. Raising the Stanley Cup can wait until spring.

If that is how it turns out, great! I just want to see a Hab raise the Stanley Cup again and I hope it is sooner than later. Don’t care about the ethnicity, the country they come from, as long as they are Habs I love them! (Ribeiro aside….)

54. John Q Public says:

His head is HUGE. He should have that looked at.
    Oh yeah 72 million more reasons why he’s not fazed.

55. jimmy shaker says:

How is Windsor (Southern Ontario) shaping up for habs viewing this year? I can get TVA sports through cogeco I believe, but will RDS black me out for the rest of the games that aren’t on sports net, TSN, City or CBC?

Shaker out!

56. franco says:

Just me again:

If you sell the car, you have no more say, how it is maintained.

If they (NHL) sell the broadcast rights, they have no say.

Does that make sense? A logical person would say ‘yes’.

If you spend a lot of money to buy a house, you can do what you want with the house. You just have to follow zoning laws.

So if you change a 4 bedroom house into a rooming house because you can realize more rent, you will do it.

Does that make sense? If you are logical the answer is yes.

If I decide it should be a duplex, or a single family house, because it always has been and I want to live there for whatever reason.

And they say no, it is staying a rooming house because we can get more money. Do you think I can make up a petition to get them to change their mind. What does your logical/sane mind tell you is the correct answer.

If I go to the previous owner and tell them that I am unhappy, he may say……I have no say, I sold it.

Is this logical? Subtract off emotion and realize that Rogers want to maximize profits after spending billions. When they spent this money they had a plan (surprise)….the bean counters, will win the day.

You want hockey pay for it, it is all available, to bad you do not like the homer guy. Whats more important seeing the game or being annoyed by a home team shrill.

You/they/most will pay, that is the nature of the beast. You will watch and complain and watch some more.

Suffering and complaining are part of who some are.

If I have stepped on some toes……tough, get over yourself (Just kidding or am I?)

• Loop_Garoo says:

Your point is valid, would have been much better if you were not so rude and wrong in the last two lines, or being so deeply condescending in the rest of the post. It is not nearly as simple as you say, many things have been changed due to community reactions like this, and your “I’m just going to do whatever big corporations tell me to do” attitude makes me a bit embarrassed for you.

• Cal says:

He has his bait on the line and is awaiting replies. Why give him the satisfaction?

• Loop_Garoo says:

I know I know, usually I know better, but I like Chris, helped him figure out twitter a bit when he started this, and couldn’t let those last 2 lines slide by.

• franco says:

Cal, say what you might, but that is a poor excuse, for not explaining where I am wrong.

I give you the facts and you come back with saying I am baiting you.

Listen to yourself, this is supposed to be a non biased forum to express opinions. The minute someone does not stay in line, they are ostisized about being condescending.

What ever happened to debate, you want everyone to agree, or be politically correct.

How about for once realizing, that people/fans are just puppets.

You do what you accuse me of. Do you not notice that I do not solicite support on here, I stand by what I say, and welcome the challenge. I do not say beware do not listen to Cal or whoever. You speak/write, I speak/write back…. I do not need support from anyone.

Stop ducking and weaving and hiding behind proper protical.

• franco says:

Loop Garoo, you see me as rude. Sorry you feel that way.

‘Suffering and complaining is part of who some are’, this is true in a lot of cases. The do not seem to get much enjoyment from any of this.

The team goes to the top 4 and they complain about the coach.

Every player that gets signed, they second guess, and then complain all season endlessly.

If the manager signs nobody, they complain.

Seems like compaining is like suffering…..why can’t the team do it the way I tell them to.

They suffer through the off season, only to get to the season and start complaining.

Finish in the playoffs…yeah…win round one, great except for whatever, win round two…great, yeah….lose round 3…refs hate us, players quit….get rid of this, get rid of that, fire the coach on and on.

Then you say, ‘you are a big meany, saying the fans enjoy complaining and suffering, I think that is their ‘JOY’ in life.

• Slackman says:

This is a hockey blog where hockey fans discuss hockey things. What’s the problem? Why do you have to be such a condescending and unpleasant individual?

—————————————————
          No Substitutions Please.

• franco says:

What does pleasantness have to do with it. Make your point, I make my point, people read it, agree, disagree, not know for sure.

Why does everyone have to be a pal to everyone, then it becomes ‘tip toeing through the tulips, being careful not to offend.

When you say something face to face, it might come across softer, when you can express yourself verbally. When you write it may seem harsher.

I think a lot of people do not post on here because there opinion may run counter to people on here, that want to be popular.

If you say 2+2=5 and I say “perhaps, but have ever considered the possibllity of it being 4. And your buddy, jumps in and says don’t listen to him he is baiting you.

If I say 2+2=4 and you say, do not speak to him he is baiting you we ALL know the answer is 5 and answering him his wrong or defending our 5 answer is not necessary, because he is condescending.

He was not polite when he said it was 4, so the crowd goes on believing a lie, because it is easier then arguing with people that seem so sure.

The sign should say, We are sensitive….big meanies are not welcome, Dave and bob and fred agree.

• Loop_Garoo says:

It is not “tip toe through tulips” or whatever. If you have a good, valid, or even in-valid but passionate point of view, put it out there, lets argue and discuss. It is a character issue, if you have a good point and a little bit of self-respect, you wouldn’t have to resort to name calling. It’s not the argument, the point of view or whatever, it’s the lack of class.

• Habitue says:

I follow your argument and you give some good examples to illustrate your point.
      But unless I’m mistaken, I, living in Southern Ontario, no longer have the option to get what I want; which is all Hab games televised in French.
      I became a Habs fan partly to celebrate the unique French Canadian culture. If I have to pay for it no problem.
      We have the technology, we have the demand, I just need someone sell it to me.

57. DipsyDoodler says:

According to the article I linked to yesterday, Florida Panthers entire cable viewership is roughly equal to the number of signatories of HiS’s petition.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

Morning Jim, Flyers were pretty fortunate to have Del Zotto available still and willing to take much less than he earlier was demanding. He isn’t as good as Timonen but will help fill the gap.

Looks like the Flyers will be placing both Timonen and Pronger on LTIR this season.

• Cal says:

They have all the luck, those Flyers do…not!
        I just hope Timonen recovers.
        The league is leaving quite the number of veterans behind these days. Not bad for such a “watered down” league.

• franco says:

If you watch a ‘watered’ down league, what does that say about you.

If something becomes inferior, you stop supporting it, buying it. You move on.

Timonen’s will recover, and be better then ever, this is a potentially serious condition, if you unaware. However, if you are aware, clot busting drugs will take care of the problem.

A pill a day for a while or for ever. I am sure many on this site are already taken warfrin etc. thinning the blood, preventing clots. He will have to keep an eye on it, what better place then a professional sports team.

58. Donkey Hoat says:

Damn reporters, stirring up shite for no good reason.

59. D Mex says:

Quite an opening paragraph in the Stu Cowan article leading this thread ~
    To paraphrase : some fans are worried about the impact of the arbitration process
    on Subban. Worried. Wow.

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

• synthpro says:

It should read that fans are RELIEVED that the arbitration process is over with the result of him signing.

I Could care less now how Subban feels about the arbitration. We have him signed now for 8 years!

60. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On ® says:

By the way, HiS, considering the inequality of the broadcast schedule, perhaps the Rogers Petition should also be aimed at Canuck, Flame, Oiler and Jet fans, too. If you think that the Habs are being underserved, imagine being an Oiler fan that will have 50 Leaf games available to watch at home… but only 25 Oiler games!

• Habitant in Surrey says:

I have had a few Followers from the Canucks, Jets, Oilers, and Flames contacting Me. Even several from Weeds’,err I mean Leafs fans :)

You never know. I’m not going to fight their battles too, but if they want to take up similar, I would cooperate.

61. Say Ash says:

Habitant, looking forward to your streaming guide!

62. PK says:

I think Subban will become the Captain of the Montreal Canadiens at some point … soon.
    Good for PK and also good for the Habs organization.

>>>> Les Canadiens sont là
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

– Nostradamus, 1552

• Habitant in Surrey says:

The Rogers Petition is not looking short-term PK. It’s impossible to get these guys turned-around from plans they’ve been installing for months.

The Rogers Petition is about medium longer-term.

The Rogers Petition is a statement, not only to Rogers, but as well the NHL, Geoff Molson, Bell and TVA that Habs Fans west of Quebec are unhappy/angry about the coming lack of access and excessive cost to watch Their Team.

The objective of the Petition is at some point (2015-16 ?, ‘hopefully’ earlier) they will begin to realize there must be another option to consider. I propose a nation-wide ‘Habs Channel’, or re-establish either RDS or TVA to broadcast in French nationally.

I believe if not resolved, the Habs will lose a good proportion of Their fan-base west of Quebec as they will eventually follow a team locally that has not the convoluted access and is more affordable.

Let’s hope Geoff sees that light if He wants the Habs to remain the most followed in Canada.

Although it’s called The Rogers Petition, it will be Geoff having to change tact and convince the NHL, it will be Rogers to initiate any cooperation between Bell and TVA.

It’s complex, but bottom-line Habs fans are angry. What will they, (Geoff, the NHL, Rogers, Bell and TVA) do about it ?

• Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On ® says:

That’s exactly what Rogers is hoping for: by not allowing Hab games to be broadcast west of Ottawa, they’re hoping that we’ll instead watch other teams that they’re providing, and boost the ratings (and advertising revenues) on their own and partner networks.

Most Hab fans will have a tough time adjusting to 33 games instead of 82, but the Oilers, Flames and Jets only have 25 games on the broadcast schedule, while Toronto gets 50 games! Tell me that’s not fair! And on top of that, TVA broadcasts of Leaf games augment those games already announced for other channels; there’s not one TVA Hab game that won’t already be available on another channel.

This whole Rogers deal isn’t about choice (as they say it is), but rather about ramming their own Leaf-love down the rest of the country’s throats.

Hab fans want choice! Sign the petition to give us back our games!

• Loop_Garoo says:

Re: adjusting to 33 games instead of 82, The number of people, even dedicated die hard fans, that have the time to watch 82 games is minuscule. I cannot imagine having the time, playoffs being a clear exception, to watch 25 games a year. I think Rogers is just betting that because of this, people will adjust their schedules to watch the games they can, instead of having to show more games. That said, full respect and admiration for Chris and what he is trying to get done.

• PK says:

As I have said before, thanks for plugging away Chris.
        Good approach to this issue … getting out the word.

>>>> Les Canadiens sont là
        _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

– Nostradamus, 1552

• synthpro says:

I’m not sure he will be or should be.

I truly think Gallagher is right for the job and should be co captain with Markov this year.

63. Dudeskiman says:

C’mon Stu! What exactly did you think he was going to say. The art of journalism seems to have permanently gone bye-bye.

64. UKRAINIANhab says:

pee Kay. Sew ban.

captain.

65. CH Marshall says:

Late night dinner, doing some line combos in my head. Seems to me that one if our centres will be traded next season. The question is who… (my guess is Pleks)

• Bob_Sacamano says:

MB might trade him before the deadline should we be missing the playoffs. Not going to happen in my point of view. There´s a good chance it will be Desharnais next summer and this would make by far the most sense.

66. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On ® says:

So the TVA Sports Hab schedule has been released… an a fat lot of good it does for Hab fans west of Ottawa. There’s not one game on their schedule that isn’t already being broadcast by another network. WTF?!

The good news is that I get to save another $7/month by dropping them, as well as RDS!

Hab fans want choice! Sign the petition to give us back our games!

Good nite everyone!