(AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season

(Audio: You can listen to the conference call with Subban by clicking here)

Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced on Saturday afternoon that the club has agreed to terms with defenceman P.K. Subban on a new eight-year contract that will run through the 2021-22 season. The deal is worth $72 million for an average of $9 million per season. It is the biggest contract in franchise history.

“We are very pleased to have reached a long-term agreement with P.K. Subban,”  Bergevin said in a statement. “This agreement helps consolidate the future of our team. A key element of our group of young veterans, P.K. plays with a high level of intensity every time he steps onto the ice. Despite his young age, he carries a great deal of experience and brings contagious energy to the team. Defencemen of his level are a rare commodity in the NHL.”

Subban will earn $7 million in 2014-15 and 2015-16, $11 million in 2016-17 and 2017-18, $10 million in $2018-19 and 2019-20, and $8 million in 2020-21 and 2021-22. You can see the capgeek.com breakdown of the deal by clicking here.

Tweeted Subban after the Canadiens announced the new contract: “Thank you to @canadiensmtl for making a commitment to myself and my family. Im Excited about the future! #letsgetit”

Tweeted Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre: “Congrats PK! very happy and proud that you stay home. Kudos for Marc Bergevin too!”

The deal makes Subban the highest-paid defenceman in the NHL in terms of average salary per season. The Nashville Predators Shea Weber averages $7.8 million on his 14-year, $110 million deal that will pay him $14 million next season.

“Obviously, my family and myself are extremely happy to know that my future is going to continue with the Montreal Canadiens,” Subban said during a 27-minute conference call with reporters on Saturday that started at 6 p.m. “That’s all I’ve ever wanted and that’s exactly what has happened today.”

Subban and the Canadiens went to salary arbitration on Friday in Toronto after the team submitted an offer of $5.25 million for one year and Subban asked for $8.5 million. Arbitrator Elizabeth Neumeier had 48 hours to make her decision, but the Canadiens and Subban were allowed to continue negotiating during that period. They obviously did despite the fact Subban’s agent, Don Meehan, told Sportsnet after the hearing Friday that there were no plans to continue negotiating a long-term deal and Subban said he expected the arbitrator to decide what he would be paid next season.

Subban said Saturday that there were no bitter feelings following the arbitration hearing, saying it was “part of the process” and adding he has a great relationship with team owner Geoff Molson and GM Bergevin. Subban said he found some of the comments he heard and read about Bergevin, Molson and the Canadiens organization during the negotiations were “unsettling for me”.

“A lot of people that know Marc Bergevin know the type of guy he is … he cares about his players … he cares a lot about his players … and I know he cares a lot about me,” Subban said.

Subban added that the contract negotiations were “a healthy, respectful process.”

“It’s been nothing about other than getting a deal that’s comfortable for myself and comfortable for the Montreal Canadiens and we accomplished that today,” he said.

The 25-year-old Subban, who won the Norris Trophy two seasons ago as the NHL’s top defenceman, earned $3.75 million last season when he posted 10-43-53 totals in 82 regular-season games and had 5-9-14 totals in 17 playoff games.

Subban said the new long-term commitment from the Canadiens sent a strong message to him and to others.

“It sends a strong message to me that they want me here and they appreciate everything that I’ve done to this point and they believe in me as a player,” Subban said. “I think I’ve always believed that, but obviously in this process coming out with this result now everybody else understands it and can see it as well and doesn’t have to speculate about how the Montreal Canadiens feel about me.”

He added: “I’m just happy to know that I’m going to be playing under Marc Bergevin and under Geoff Molson for the next eight years. It’s truly flattering, thrilling and it’s an exciting time for me moving forward.”

Subban said the deal wasn’t about “the dollar signs” adding he would have signed a 20-year contract with Montreal if he could.

“I think I’ve been adamant throughout my career … I’ve been consistent in saying Montreal is where I want to play and where I want to be,” Subban said. “Obviously I always wanted to play here and have a long-term contract … I wanted a long-term contract probably before I deserved one. I love everything about Montreal and the city.”

When asked about the possibility of being the Canadiens’ captain or an assistant captain in the future, Subban said: “It would be extremely flattering to be considered for a C or an A, but I think that we have a lot of potential leaders in that dressing room, a lot of guys that can potentially step up into those roles.”

He added: “I’ve always been the type of guy that wants to lead by example on the ice. I feel that any player can talk in the dressing room and try to hold guys accountable that way, not very many can do it on the ice and perform and command their teammates’ respect. Whether I have a letter – a C or an A on my jersey – that’s how I plan to go about my business over the next eight years, by performing on the ice and hopefully pulling my teammates in that sort of direction.”

(Photo by Allen McInnis/The Gazette)

Habs’ Molson saw the light with Subban, by Jack Todd for The Gazette

Subban’s deal richest in Habs history, by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey

Subban, Habs do it the hard way, NHL.com

Suban right at home, canadiens.com

Subban will average $109,756 per game for next 8 years, Stu on Sports blog

Subban deal could end up a bargain, Sportsnet.ca

Subban’s contract a win-lose situation for GM Bergevin, The Hockey News

Subban deal sets a precedent, SI.com

Canadiens’ salary-cap chart, capgeek.com

Habs fans touched by boy’s battle with meningitis, by The Gazette’s Stu Cowan

Hockey is a family affair for Subbans, by The Gazette’s Brenda Branswell

1,365 Comments

1. haloracer18 says:

If the top 19 players by salary saved their money next season, they could buy the blue jackets at $175M in just one year. The top 50 could buy the Jackets and the Lightning in only one year, with a combined salary of $392M (excluding endorsements which is no insignificant amount). My estimate is, if they re-invest the ownership portion of revenues, they would own the league in less than 10 years with zero debt. As owners of the league they would have possibly $20M per year each for life and a monopoly on hockey in North America. Of course they would have to become freeman first by fornally rejecting their citizenship, since freemen are not required by law to pay taxes.

2. UKRAINIANhab says:

I prefered the cube over Tinordi last year, yes unpopular i know.

But enough is enough! Time for Tinordi, Beaulieu, Nygren, and Pateryn to have a chance

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Well put, Uke.

Always loved Frankie — fearless, how he plays bigger than his size, the depth of his commitment — and loved a lot of what he did last spring. I’m not hockey-smart enough to know if it would have been better to give Tinordi all that TOI in the interests of gaining playoff experience. Perhaps it would have been.

However, given the direction in which the team is now heading, given the club’s renewed commitment to Markov as the veteran leadership on D, I think even us die-hard Frankie fans would have to admit that it would be a mistake for him to take a roster spot again this coming year.

He clearly wants to continue playing, and there are plenty of teams in transition who are not yet knocking on the door of the playoffs who would benefit greatly from what he brings. Teams that I would like more if he were on them.

3. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Boullion possibly signing again??? This is like the complete opposite of the Subban signing. Enough already. I’d rather carry an extra forward than Boullion. They have young LH D-men that can play: Beaulieu, Tinordi and Drewiskie. If Boullion takes a second of playing time from them, it is a joke. Move on please…

4. Mike D says:

@ HiS

I was hoping to be #2000, but I’ll settle for #1997 I guess.

– Honestly yours
    Twitter: @de_benny

• Habitant in Surrey says:

Holding-out on Me were You ??? :)

Actually, You are number 2003 !

Mr. Alexander Raymond is NUMBER 2000 !!!

YEAH !!!

What a relief it is ! :)

I raised the bar/objective to 5000 for sometime in October. I don’t know how realistic that is, but we”ll find-out :)

5. scamorza says:

Hello @ hab in Burlington . I am up in Markham, poured like crazy – just saw some videos of the 407 in your neck of the woods – hope you are ok ?

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

6. franco says:

So I says, “they got the door closed, all secret like, where do I gets the scoop”

He says, “make somethin up, like ya know and stuff and all that”

I sez ” isn’t like lie’n and stuff”

He says, “says get the damn story, or ya will be buyen your own pens from now on”

So I gets to work, makin up stuff, I say’s nobody is goin believe this crap, they might want proof and stuff……ha ha he says, ‘ do you know gulible is not in the word thing….I sez you mean the dictionary, gullible is not in there, and then I gets it, Like the old saying throw enough crap against the wall, some is bounda stick.

Learn somethin new every day, if your going to tell a fib, make sure its a big fib, and look sincere like.

7. Hobie says:

At the moment the NHL sells violence and fights. The more fights that happen the more money the NHL believes they will earn. In an attempt to appear as though they are actually concerned about fights they impose rules like the instigator, the visor rule and several other minor deterrents.

I don’t think general managers believe that if you have a guy like Colton Orr on your team that it’s going to stop somebody like Maximme Lapierre from nailing your star player head first into the boards.

Having a goon isn’t going to help you win more games or really do much to alter anything involving the score or the safety of your players.

What having a goon does is shows your organization that you care. If a goon from another team slaps Andre Markov in the face a few times, sends him to the ground and stands over him and laughs, are you going to do nothing? LOL.

Oh sure, hopefully the goon gets two minutes and we score on the PP. We’ll show them! That happens all the time, NOT!

That same goon will antagonize Markov again, maybe a few Habs players try and jump in, they get knocked to the ice, and everyone is laughing at the Habs. All the players in the dressing room get annoyed and wonder why the GM doesn’t have a tough guy in the lineup.

It’s plain and simple. There are 82 games in the regular season. It’s a long season. Guys like to fight and impose their will. Things get ugly. People also say there are no fights in the playoffs, I’ve seen many fights, not sure what they’re watching?

If you don’t have guys who take a regular shift who can take on the big boys of the league you better find a goon. Or you have to result to watching your stars knocked down, slapped in the face and laughed at with no retaliation. If you allow that to happen the entire moral of the team stinks.

• punkster says:

Wish we could have a reasoned discussion about this subject by avoiding the use of hyperbole.

But since that seems impossible I’ll counter by pointing out the flaw in your comment.

Remove from the league that ” goon from another team” who ” slaps Andre Markov in the face a few times, sends him to the ground and stands over him and laughs”,,,and you remove the problem.

No goons, no problems.

Release the Subbang!!!

• habcertain says:

Just the thought of enduring endless banter about fighting in hockey, is enough to start my own fight. Fighting will cease to exist when the players themselves decide it is time, and they are far from that point regardless of any evidence detractors may offer. Hockey is built on a tradition of physical intimidation to deter optimal performance of highly skilled players, until that changes, which is highly unlikely, a response is required, hence the “mauler”.

I’m with Font, Rosehill it is, get him now.

• longbow says:

I’m as tired of the discussion as I am of the fighting.

” Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm ” – Winston Churchill

• Loop_Garoo says:

Exactly, I made the same point earlier. Don’t act like a goon you won’t need goon.

Again I have to go back to acting like an adult. If the other team laughs at you? Who cares.

• Paz says:

I think the goon looks like a fool if he tries to push and shove and challenge Markov. The goon can only exist if he finds someone who actually fights.

I think we could use a guy like Ryan White in our lineup and he would take several punches to the face to earn his 850,000 guaranteed.

But we do not need a goon.

• 2mins4lookinsooogood says:

Hobie, the biggest problem I have with that concept is how it perpetuates the idea that “our” team is noble and the other team are savages.

So we get Rosehill and he slaps Seidenburg and knocks him to the ground etc … Why would that be okay?

It would be naive to think that “our” team would bench Rosehill, call him out publicly etc.

You play in the mud, you get dirty.

“Don’t crush that dwarf Alex Henry, hand me the pliers”

8. habstrinifan says:

Best reaction to the news of possibly resigning Bouillion:
    Habcertain:
    Frankie is like a pacifier for Therrien, unless you throw it away, he will keep going back and use it.

We are all calling for players to up their game, reach a higher level of intensity and performance, evolve from last years ‘personal best’ to next years ‘championship’ plateau. In today’s NHL, coaches have to do that also.

Native warriors feared the unpredictability of taking a newly captured wild horse into battle. But if they never dared replacing a true ride with a bold ride, they risked being listeners rather than reciters at the after battle story telling. Also rans.

Therrien needs to find the coaching vigour to harness the fire and energy of his youth. Bouillion cannot be a safety gap to avoid risks. Tinordi and Beaulieu must have full time spots and schooled through the risks.. so that when the playoffs come around they can find the overtaking gaps.

“Protest Rogers blackout of Habs game…sign at:

• Habitant in Surrey says:

If I was Tinordi, Beaulieu, or Nygren, I would not be very amused hearing We have re-signed Bouillion.

• habcertain says:

We can thrown in Pateryn, all four of these guys need a legit shot, and would be ecstatic if 2 or 3 stick. With Drewski and Weaver in the wings there is no need to sign Frankie and give MT his toy, we will use it at the first opportunity.

• franco says:

Boulion is just spare part. He can play 10 games in a row after sitting in the press box for 2 months. He works hard and stays ready, injuries happen and rookies need time to learn.

He is almost a coach out there, helping the young guys adapt. If the young guys come to camp and displace Boulion so be it, if they can’t do it, they need more time to develop.

• UKRAINIANhab says:

^what HiS said

• Marc10 says:

I really like Cube. He was full value with Weaver in the playoffs. Scored some big goals for us. But it’s time we played the kids. Pateryn and Tiny should fight it out for the 7th spot. The fact that the Habs are even contemplating resigning Cube is a worry as it says very clearly that Pateryn and Tinordi are not ready for the show.

Beaulieu has nothing to fear from this announcement. He took his spot in the playoffs. If he comes in at camp and plays like that, he’ll easily get his 12 to 14 minutes and the odd PP. The kid has great vision, good wheels, good shot and a nice first pass. He’s a keeper.

9. Habitant in Surrey says:

Rogers Petition Update:

The problem with summer is that Habs Fans, at least the ‘well-adjusted Habs Fans’ are sky-diving, deep-sea diving for ship-wrecks, trekking the Andes, ogling monokinis on the beaches of St. Tropez, mowing their lawn, painting their house, cycling with their children.

The rest of Us are sitting in front of Our computers close to a breakdown unless we can smell a puck or dream of an impossible and unrealistic trade.

PETITION !?!, …Peetwishin’ !!! :(

But, for those crazy enough to flog a Petition in the middle of summer, there is no respite.

“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

Almost 2,000 supports for The Rogers Petition. 1,996 to be exact.

4 more and I can print this sucker and mail it off to a load of miscreants on behalf of You Guyz. (Well, MOST of ‘You Guyz’ :) )

Latest 10 to sign The Rogers Petition:

18 hours ago

Jen Davidge
    18 hours ago

Rory DeVries
    20 hours ago

____________________________________________________

Listen to my CBC Radio ‘AirPlay’ interview, hosted by Dave White: https://soundcloud.com/yukonradiodave/habs-fans-shut-out-by-rogers?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

Follow Me on Twitter: @HabInSurrey

Petition To Protest Roger’s Blacking Out Of Habs’ Games On RDS West Of Quebec

Read and sign at; http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-habs-blackout-rds

10. habsfan0 says:

So, what will it take to land Evander Kane from the Jets?
    Plekanecs,Tokarski,and Greg Pateryn?

Subban to assume the Captaincy.

• The Jackal says:

I’d do that deal.
      Would the Jets? No.

Pleks, a top prospect ready for the show, and Tokarski.
      By top prospect – De La Rose, Beau, Tinner

Maybe Pleks, Bourque, and Toker?

______________________
      Hockey sine stercore tauri.

• UKRAINIANhab says:

Imo I would pass on kane, bergevin preaches character. Not happening

• Marc10 says:

Would you make that deal if you’re the Jets? I’m going to bet you’d say no.

Let’s put our Peg Hat on and see what would be a good return.

Gallagher, Beaulieu and a first is what I’d be asking.

A proven NHLer with character, a top 2-4 potential D and a pick. I’d negotiate on the pick depending what other teams are offering. I bet MB would say no to that trade proposal, but that’s what I’d ask for if I was the Jets. :-)

11. 2mins4lookinsooogood says:

“The Visceral Reaction”

I hope we are coming to a consensus that having an “enforcer” in the lineup doesn’t stop cheap shots from happening. All it really means is that we get to imagine and witness our white Knight delivering justice… But do we accept that other teams think the same way about us?

Imagine you are a fan of any team that was the victim of a PK slewfoot – wouldn’t you have wanted one of your tough players to deliver some frontier justice?

Once you look at it objectively you can see that there is no end point, no stopping the “bad guys”, just an endless cycle punctuated by the occaisional concussion and an acceptance for business as usual that re-opened the door for Carlton Orr and his ilk.

Let’s be honest that we are really talking about escapism – when Carkner jumped the smug Boyle and pounded the bejeasus out of him, we all cheered but it didn’t mean that it would stop the next incident in the league. We got our circus then went to the kitchen for our bread.

“Don’t crush that dwarf Alex Henry, hand me the pliers”

• Rugger says:

My thought is that 75% at least of the BS would be gone by November if the NHL did two things – Call penalties as the rule book is written, no leeway, no taking the situation into consideration and two go back to full two minute penalties, if your PP is good enought to pop two in two minutes you won’t have much BS happening to your team.

Here’s an interesting fact. Guess who ranks 10th in the NHL in terms of yearly salary?

Gary Bettman who comes in at a cool 8.8M for 2013.

24 Cups

• The Professor says:

And look at what other league commissioners make.. the man has grown revenue for the owners, and he should be compensated as such. Pro athletes and investment bankers aren’t the only ones who get remunerated extremely well.. Hate him as I may Bettman has definitely been extremely successful in growing league revenues

13. scamorza says:

Was just looking at espn site where they have twitter photos of the kings players celebrating at their home and elsewhere with the cup. Really neat stuff – of course has me dreaming of another habs parade. Anyway, if you can bear to watch other non habs celebrating in their home town check it out – was really impressed with the number of people who turned out in trencin Slovakia to celebrate with Gaborik- really shows this is not just a North American thing

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

14. Dunboyne Mike says:

From January: controversy over PK’s goal celebration vs Leafs.

TORONTO – Even PK Subban said he might have gone too far with his goal celebration tonight after his Montreal Canadiens downed the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-2.
    Subban played it low-key after his first two goals but when he notched his third for the hat trick the Norris Trophy-winning defenceman let it all hang out.
    He pulled a Leaf towel from underneath his jersey, blew his nose on it, tossed it into the air and ‘shot’ it down with his hockey stick-turned-rifle. He then picked it up with his hockey stick-turned-spear and pretended to light it before whipping the towel into the Leafs bench, causing players to scatter.
    Subban told reporters after the game he “may have gone overboard” showing how “delighted” he was to have scored from his own blue line.
    “Sure, it was neat to get a goal with a backhander from that far out, and seeing it go in off Phaneuf’s head really struck me as funny, but I should have showed more restraint,” he said. “In hindsight, autographing the puck (with a yellow magic marker) and handing it to (Leaf goaltender Jonathan) Bernier probably stepped over the line.”
    Subban said he deserved the two-minute unsportsmanlike penalty but not the extra two minutes for being black or the 10-minute misconduct for breathing.
    Montreal’s other goals were scored by Travis Moen, who rode his stick back to centre ice while saluting the crowd, and Rene Bourque, whose arms had to be raised by his teammates.

[Originally filed by JB-ful]

15. JF says:

I liked Jack Todd’s piece. What he says about how the deal finally went down is obviously pure speculation, but he paints a very good picture of P.K.’s importance to the team. It’s not just about numbers, it’s about leadership, it’s about charisma, its about “demonic energy.” I especially like Todd’s description of Subban during the Boston series as a force of nature. P.K. is a player who can carry the team, who can make the difference in any game, who can be a key part of a Cup-winning team. Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevin had no choice.

• scamorza says:

Philippe Cantin of La Presse writes that a “disaster was avoided” with the signing- says that it was a good deal for both sides. Thinks the Canadiens didn’t give away the store ( although a nice contract for PK!) as the cap hit won’t look so bad as it rises over time

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

• 24 Cups says:

Jane – For the most part, Jack Todd is a breath of fresh air. I love his articles and HI/O panel comments.

24 Cups

• New says:

I didn’t like his article. The article is based on his imagination. Todd knows full well that didn’t happen but since no one bothered to let him in on the negotiations he feels it is appropriate to write his own version of events as he imagines it. That is a huge problem in a world where people do not have the time, inclination, or knowledge to form an opinion so they take the first one thrust in their face. You just make up the story, it enters the collective consciousness, and a bit later someone repeats it back to you as paragraph 76 from the Big Book of Canadiens Facts.

• habcertain says:

It is just an opinion, what he imagines how it went down in the background, that’s what these folks are paid to do, and I for one agree that Molson was involved in the final determination, makes complete sense and not unlike most professional sports orgs.

• New says:

You know what? You’re right. I thought Todd was a sports writer but the Gazette hired him as a columnist. A reporter reports facts in readable format. Now while a columnist is expected to give accurate information they are permitted to base the thing on their opinion. Todd isn’t paid to report what happened but to entertain.

Strange universe it is becoming. We get our facts from twitter and speculation from the press.

16. Bugs says:

So anyway, may as well tell y’all how it went down.
    Marky calls me all catastrophic-like on Saturday goin “Where the heck were you?!”
    And I’m like “Swimmin. It’s hot.”
    He goes “But I got this thing with Prunelle Carlo, you know that; man, you weren’t pickin up the phone, this is goin in front of an arbitrator now, man! This is a disaster!”
    So you know, you pick up the phone; folk start hollerin at you? How does that usually go? Especially when it’s 48 degrees outside, 55 with the windchill.
    I lose it, right? I say “Hey, bub, I ain’t the flippin gm; you’re the flippin gm; I’m just a mildly pot-bellied yet nonetheless spectacular specimen of Spanish manhood dunkin himself in shallow ends so as to avoid meltin in the heat! Don’t get paid no billion’n’half dollars for it either, or whatever the heck it is you makin…”
    He starts stammerin mm-mm-mm–you helped Bob Gainey, mm-mm
    I say “Yeah, he was respectful.”
    So long story short, credit to the guy, he calms down, apologizes, and kindly, and here’s the important part, RESPECTFULLY, asks me what to do.
    I say “Easy. Sign your name at the bottom of a blank piece of paper and tell Prunelle Carlo to fill out the rest.”
    He goes “What?”
    I go “Yeah.”
    He goes “Huh?”
    I say “Thass right.”
    Needless to say, he was all peaches’n’cream callin me up for thanks yesterday.
    Me, I reckon Prunelle got snowed.
    I woulda given him 10.
    Right, back to the pool.
    Cheahs.

Left turn-missin’ L. B. Potter.

17. Bugs says:

So anyway, may as well tell y’all how it went down.
    And I’m like “Swimmin. It’s hot.”
    He goes “But I got this thing with Prunelle Carlo, you know that; man, you weren’t pickin up the phone, this is goin in front of an arbitrator now, man! This is a friggin disaster!”
    He starts stammerin mm-mm-mm–you helped Bob Gainey, mm-mm
    I say “Yeah, he was respectful.”
    He goes “What?”
    I go “Yeah.”
    He goes “Huh?”
    I say “Thass right.”
    Needless to say, he was all peaches’n’cream callin me up for thanks yesterday.
    Me, I reckon Prunelle got snowed.
    I woulda given him 10.
    Right, back to the pool.
    Cheahs.

Left turn-missin’ L. B. Potter.

18. Bugs says:

So anyway, may as well tell y’all how it went down.
    Marky calls me all catastrophic-like on Saturday goin “Where the he** were you?!”
    And I’m like “Swimmin. It’s hot.”
    He starts stammerin mm-mm-mm–you helped Bob Gainey, mm-mm
    I say “Yeah, he was respectful.”
    He goes “What?”
    I go “Yeah.”
    He goes “Huh?”
    I say “Thass right.”
    Needless to say, he was all peaches’n’cream callin me up for thanks yesterday.
    Me, I reckon Prunelle snowed his own self.
    I woulda given him 10.
    Right, back to the pool.
    Cheahs.

Left turn-missin’ L. B. Potter.

19. CJ says:

So, RDS reporting that Frankie is in negotiation to return for another season. Tell me I’m dreaming….

I honestly can’t believe this could be even remotely true. He’s a warrior, but it’s time to move on.

• Bob_Sacamano says:

This summer has been very good so far. Maybe too good? MB certainly likes signing bad veteran defensemen during the offseason. Hope it´s not true. There´s no need for him at all.

• Bugs says:

I dare you to tell him that.

Left turn-missin’ L. B. Potter.

• habcertain says:

• JUST ME says:

Nooooooo….I am the cube`s biggest fan, a real warrior ,100 % every game and so on…But at one point one has to understand when to turn the page. I would see him as a coach because he had to overcome so much duriing his long carreer but now is the time for the Habs to give the kids a chance to graduate.

20. habcertain says:

Has anyone figured out why, when after you post it goes back to the previous page?