Subban joins Hockey Central at Noon panel; Allaire joins Avalanche

During the NHL lockout that delayed the start of this season, P.K. Subban did some media work with Sportsnet on radio and television. On Tuesday, the Canadiens defenceman was back on the airwaves, joining Darren Millard, Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean on Sportsnet’s Hockey Central at Noon show.

Meanwhile, RDS and Radio-Canada reported Tuesday that Francois Allaire has agreed to a three-year contract to become the new goaltending coach for the Colorado Avalanche under head coach Patrick Roy. Allaire was the Canadiens’ goaltending coach when Roy played for the Habs. Allaire’s name had been mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Pierre Groulx, who was let go as goaltending coach by the Canadiens on Monday.

On the Hockey Central at Noon show, MacLean told Subban that he was “thrilled” the defenceman was a finalist for the Norris Trophy, but wondered how the Boston Bruins’ Zdeno Chara could have been left off the list.

“Explain that to me?” MacLean asked.

“I agree … he’s a dominant player,” said Subban, who is a Norris Trophy finalist along with Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang and Minnesota’s Ryan Suter. “But like I said, there’s also a bunch of other guys that could get nominated, too, who didn’t get nominated. I mean, Chara’s the guy … he’s always going to be in the conversation every year. He’s won it before and he’ll probably win it again.”

Subban added that he wasn’t thinking about the Norris Trophy when he got a late start to the season following the lockout and a contract dispute.

“My mindset going in was just like I’m just going to take it one game at a time and just try to help the team,” he said. “I remember the meeting I had with Marc Bergevin and Michel Therrien in Ottawa when I got there. The first thing I said is, ‘Listen, I just want to help the team and you guys have gotten off to a great start’ – which they did … I think they were 4-1 at that time. That night we didn’t do too well. I was sitting in the press box and I think we lost 5-1 or something to Ottawa. So I don’t know if I kind of jinxed the whole great start. But things started to come together after that.”

Subban added that he thinks the Canadiens surprised a lot of people by winning the Northeast Division title and finishing second in the Eastern Conference during the regular season.

“You got to look at the bright spots: (Brendan) Gallagher, (Alex) Galchenyuk, (Brandon) Prust, (Lars) Eller,” Subban said. “But Gallagher and Galchenyuk, I mean who would have thought that they would be as good as they were? Especially Gallagher … he didn’t even play in the opening game.”

Subban also spoke about the loss of defenceman Alexei Emelin with a knee injury.

“He’s really good because he brings a lot of things to the table, right?” Subban said of Emelin, who required reconstructive surgery. “First of all, he’s like 26, 27, so he’s not particularly a young guy. He’s got some experience, he’s physical.

“He’s a first-unit penalty killer, he can play on your first, second D pairing … he can play anywhere. We lost that … he was a big loss. The biggest thing that I think we lost is his physicality. Because we’re obviously not the biggest team and he brings that physical edge, so that helped a lot.”

Subban told the Hockey Central panel that he is on Day 9 of a 21-day no-carb diet that he is doing for the fourth straight offseason. The diet consists mostly of steak, salmon and chicken.

“Whatever runs, swims or flies,” Subban said.

You can watch the video of Subban’s interview on Hockey Central by clicking here.

(Photo by Ryan Remiorz/The Canadian Press)

1. Maritime Ron says:

It appears one of HIO’s favourite UFAs Patrick Bordeleau has been ‘offered’ a 3 year/$1M per year contract to resign in Colorado. He has not signed anything as of this moment. It will be interesting to see if he declines and waits until July 5th, or take ‘the bird in the hand.’ That’s still a lot of guaranteed money for a young man that earned $50K 2 years ago and a pro rated NHL minimum of $ 525K this past year.
    —————————–
    My $2 bet for next goalie coach is Sherbrooke Quebec born Stephane Waite currently the goalie coach with the Chicago Black Hawks.
    Waite has been in Chicago since 2004, and Bergevin knows him well from his 2005-2012 time there. Dudley was also with the Hawks from 2004-09

Word out is that Waite did a good job with Niemi, and had a lot to do with a great rebound season by Corey Crawford.
    After the 2012 season, Waite made the following comments about Crawford:
    ” The important thing is that we know why he had some problems and we will make sure it does not happen again.”
    There was no elaboration of what those ‘problems’ may have been, yet Crawford is playing outstanding.

His playoff .938 SP and 1.70 GAA is basically tied for the best with Jonathan Quick. For the season, he was 6th in SP and 2nd in GAA in the entire NHL.

Waite sounds like the type of guy we could use in Montreal.
    Only 2 factors in the way.
    Does his contract terminate this year, and would he actually want to leave Chicago?

2. Q: Has MB & CO. have meetings on who they are looking at to draft on 30 June? With all the scouting staff present and everyone having their say at the table on who should be the first player drafted and so on. Has this taken place yet?

3. Stevie.Ray says:

What would you pay for Bickell?
    What do you think he will get?
    I bet he wants long term, and I could see MB giving it to him, and then everyone getting cheesed about it, but it turns out good in the end like the Prust deal.

3mx5years

• JayK-47 says:

Even though his shooting pct. is 25% right now, homeboys stats look like he’s a big body, 20 goal scorer. I’d not be upset if MB gave him your deal or even a bit more.

He’d fit in nicely on the 2nd line after Patches and either create room for Ga11y and Chucky or be a power winger with Pleks and Bourque.

I’d be cool with 7 years, $21M or so.

• The Jackal says:

God I really hope we sign Bickell. Even Timo would be happy about that.

______________________
        Hockey sine stercore tauri.

• habstrinifan says:

I agree with ‘overpaying’ some. I dont think he will take $3mill. I will go as high as 4.5 over 3 years if he takes it and it gets hime here. More money is what will do it I think.

4. Sportfan says:

Crap hit the fan in the MLB 20+ players to be suspended

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Clay says:

I hope he doesn’t get one. Say what you want about that high stick, but that was an a** hole move by Carter slashing at Keith’s hand as he was picking up the glove. He had it coming.

__________________________
      ☞ “The deepest sin of the human mind is to believe things without evidence” ~ Aldous Huxley ☜

• Cal says:

Actually, Carter deserves a suspension for what he did, slashing at Keith’s non-protected hand while he was trying to pick up his glove.

I am not sure I have had a more definitive post than my . At 2:53pm. I just wish I knew what point was. Good night folks.

6. JayK-47 says:

Looking at the draft order and it’s kinda too bad the Habs did so well this year, it woulda been nice to draft once in top 10 and 3 more times in the 30′s.

7. habaholic68NJ says:

Bickell would look good in a Habs jersey and is an UFA.

*Listen to my instrumental tribute entitled “Habs at War” at http://petertoliasmusic.site11.com/Music_Site/OtherOriginalMusic.html

8. issie74 says:

wjc re:Subban it hasn’t always been like this. Travelling around Ontario.playing hockey,getting back to his home away from home …
    doing homework and going to school. No time for frivolity. Not the life of an ordinary teenager.

24 Cups Beliveau’s,Richards and Lafleur’s aren’t available but we still need a team and if someone is hurt we need to be able to call up from the Bulldogs,so don’t get all over Frank,it is called depth.

I get it I really do,but there are 30 teams now and they reward the losers with all the best talent.

I am old too.

NorthTOHab

9. slapshot777 says:

Question for you guys. With Allaire signing with Colorado, who do you see as a possible canidate(s) for the goaltending coach position for the Habs?

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

10. C-Sword says:

Habs’ favorite King player, Justin Williams scores

1-0

11. frankcasting says:

Hockey Central butchered that interview with their manic self-obsession. PK held up well, gotta hand it to him.

Loving the Habs since 1965

• Rad says:

Yes he did. Relaxed, confident, personable … even humble. Good kid.

• otter649 says:

Watching Doug McLean on Hockey Central it is hard to believe that he was actually a NHL GM/coach & Team President ? and how the 29 other teams could take him seriously as a collegue even though some of it is an act & for entertainment it is no wonder he has not found another NHL job after the old man died at Columbus with his kid knowing how competent/incompetent McLean truly was and was quickly fired after the change in ownership father to son….

- Stanley come home…..

12. Un Canadien errant says:

Ron Reusch says the reason the Canadiens didn’t sign Daniel Prybil is that his skating was considered deficient.

13. frontenac1 says:

@slovakhab. Red Meat fortifies the body amigo. Bourbon and Beef diet is for strength.

14. jimmy shaker says:

Would anyone on here like the idea if somehow the 2nd miracle of all trades was pulled off and Bergeron picked up Crosby and Fleury for Price, first round pick and plekanec? Sid is a habs fan!

Shaker

• D Mex says:

Who wouldn’t ?
      Can’t think of a reason Shero would part with Crosby, tho …

ALWAYS Habs -
      D Mex

• jimmy shaker says:

Me either, but the only way I think it does happen is two fold……MB brings an unbelievable offer to shero that he cannot turn down (also cap issues) or Sid gets a nudge from his dad and ask’s shero for a trade……..I know, I know, very wishful thinking!

Shaker

• habs_54321 says:

so plekanec and a 1st for crosby? sounds great to me, would never happen even if you put a gun to sheros head though.

• ont fan says:

If Fleury doesn’t start the next game he will be bought out. How can they keep him. They have committed to him and can’t start him in the playoffs.

• ABHabsfan says:

I think he has to start and Win the next game or he is out. If he is bought out the Pens really have no goalie. They have Vokoun he can’t really be considered The Guy going forward

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
        Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

15. Habfan10912 says:

Off topic but ESPN is reporting up to 100 MLB players could be suspended for PED use including ARod and Ryan Braun.

16. SlovakHab says:

So is PK eating any vegetables with all that dead flesh?
    I know he wants to be strong and bulk up, but man, all that meat will create a purely acidic environment in his body. He better have lots of fresh organic salad and supergreens powder drink with all that meat…

• Un Canadien errant says:

It’s a carb free diet, so no potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, etc. Just meat and greens. So fish and broccoli, beef with beans and lettuce. Corn is probably off limits. Maybe fruits too, they’re sugar, so off limits I guess.

• Strummer says:

Heard PK on the radio today- his diet is “anything that swims, walks or flies” plus veggies- no fries or pizza

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

17. wjc says:

Look at Subban. I mean really look at that ‘rich’ little rascal. Covering up is depression, about being out of the playoffs. Such a ‘brave’ front.

When you look around the HIO boards and the sniffing and boo hooing that goes on as we approach July, you got to wonder how ‘Subban’ manages to keep smiling.

He is glib, he is happy go lucky, he is rich, well travelled, secure, confident and a great player.

How does he carry on knowing that the Montreal hockey community is still in mourning and predicting disaster for the next few years.

That ‘chick’ eyeing him…..hey he gets that anywhere he goes. Poor guy, rich, popular and a chick magnet, driving an $100,000.00 car, while the average HIO’er does their boring 40 hour job with a few weeks vacation. Here’s Subban roaming around a free rich man with plenty of time to do as he wishes.

wjc

18. frontenac1 says:

Go Hawks! Go Crawford! Hear that Bripro?

19. frontenac1 says:

@wjc. Dance by yourself? What about those girls in the picture? Scam!

20. HabFab says:

Archambault and Prybil off the Habs website as prospects for the poster questioning that on the weekend;

Note; Walsh is still listed but his time runs out August 15th.

• 24 Cups says:

Frank, please take this the right way, but who cares about these fringe prospects?

I appreciate the info you pass on but really get worn out by the notion that any player who is remotely connected to the Habs is going to be a NHL player. Same goes for every UFA that is on the market.

I’ll be happy if one in four Hab prospects eventually makes the NHL.

My biggest concern right now (in Hab land) is Leblanc. This guy has gone from a slam dunk to a long shot project in just two short years.

• B says:

A lot of folks like to follow the Hab’s prospects and are interested in knowing about them (even the many fringe ones who we actually do realize are unlikely to make the NHL). Different stokes I guess.

–Go Habs Go!–

• 24 Cups says:

B – Sorry for venting. And I mean that. It’s just that I go back to the days of Richard and Beliveau. I’ve had it with all this frackin’ shooting fish in a barrel. I’m embarrassed that this team hasn’t been near the Cup in 20 years.

• B says:

No worries. I go back a long way rooting for the Habs as well. I have stuck with them through great years and many not so great years.

Remember back in 70 when Montreal drafted Ray Martyniuk with their 1st pick (5th overall)? He never played a game in the NHL. :)

–Go Habs Go!–

• Un Canadien errant says:

B, my first-worst draft disappointment was 1983 and Alfie Turcotte. Didn’t understand why they took a short guy with an uninspiring name like that, he seemed like a bit of a jerk when interviewed too, as I could glean from the papers. He showed up to his first camp doughy and out of shape, and claimed he’d done it on purpose, to get bigger and survive in the NHL. We missed out on Sylvain Turgeon and Pat Lafontaine and ended up with him instead?

I had my heart set on Normand Lacombe, he was thought to be a dark horse, but Scotty Bowman’s Sabres grabbed him. No harm done, he never really amounted to much.

I was really stoked that we got both Sergio Momesso and Claude Lemieux in the second round, though, that was awesome, I’d seen both play in Junior, and was convinced they’d both be stars. They were big and tough, and wouldn’t have to fight each other any more, as they did so often in Junior.

• wjc says:

They changed system back in the 60′s. Canadiens lived off of players already in their system for 15 years or so with trades etc. Had the french language in their favor back then and everybodies idol Richard.

When the 13 and 14 year players signed the form they were Montreal Canadien’s until they retired or got traded. Extra players were used for trade bait.

Now Montreal has to go in order of draft with 29 other teams. And you wonder why they can’t bang off Stanley cups every year. Other teams have the same issues and some have never won.

wjc

• HabFab says:

Steve, don’t worry as I’m as sensitive as I’m subtle.
        The posting was on account of one of the regulars (GrimJim?) questioning why they were still listed on the Hab Web site over the weekend. While I was checking out UCe’s link below, took a look see.
        As for prospects my personal opinion maybe even tougher then yours. I just share the information that I locate as I cruise looking for myself. I’m not big on the sharing of opinions or debating as most here. Started off reading Boone’s Game Report and Morning After when this site started. It was Bryan’s links and my quest for information that brought me into the blogging side.
        And agree Leblanc is a worry, hopefully he turns it around over the summer. We are weak on forward prospects.
        “Prospects are suspect until they prove themselves in the NHL.”

• Un Canadien errant says:

I understand what 24 Cups is saying, but a lot of us were wondering if he would get signed, and why he wouldn’t. Thanks for the confirmation.

Sure Mr. Prybil was a longshot, but a 6’4″ centre with skills is someone who is going to pique our interest. At 20 years old, he still had a lot of time to develop, but dem’s the rules, the Canadiens had to make a decision by June 1, and decided to not clog up a contract spot.

Would still like a post-mortem, from a scout or coach who could provide more insight.

• Rad says:

Look at the defencemen on that list. The only guy over 200 lbs is Didier at 202. Not good.

21. NL Hab says:

I wish it was draft day. I’m so sick of looking through Mock Drafts every day. Every person has a completely different 1st round from the next guy. Craig Button is completely off the reservation. He had Filip Forsberg as the #2 Pick all last year and he dropped to # 12. I would take his Draft with a huge grain of salt.

Et Le But

• Un Canadien errant says:

With the way the Pens-Bruins series is going, we can ratchet up all big forwards and defencemen another half-round or so, and drop the Nic Petans and Anthony Duclairs a full round.

Thanks again Gary. Keep working on that outdoor game in LA, that should be your focus. A drudgey 2-1 sludgefest with lots of dump-ins and “gritty players finishing their checks” in Chavez Ravine is the surefire way to sell the game.

22. Un Canadien errant says:

The Canadiens have two articles worth reading on their website. The first is a profile of Jarred Tinordi and how he contributed at the end of the season. He says he thinks he can put on up to 30 lbs. in the next few years.

Another defenceman’s season is recapped with this article on Andrei Markov, who thinks the future is bright.

23. Mattyleg says:

Once again, about 43 seconds put into that poll question.

a) I think Carey Price will be a better goalie with a new goalie coach.
    Oh, wait, the new coach is Mario Tremblay?
    Can I change my vote?

b) I don’t think Carey Price will be a better goalie with a new goalie coach.
    What does that mean?
    He can’t improve? No goalie coach can teach him squat? He is unteachable? He is perfection already?

Great poll HI/O.

Kisses!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

24. Un Canadien errant says:

About visors, the talking heads are being a little lazy and imprecise by saying visors will be ‘grandfathered’. That’s not accurate or descriptive, they’re using a hockey term that fans know, but by overusing it they’re fuzzing up the definition.

What is accurate to say is that visors might become mandatory next season, with an out clause for current players who don’t want to wear one grandfathered in. So visors aren’t grandfathered, they’re being made mandatory.

from Wikipedia:

A grandfather clause is a provision in which an old rule continues to apply to some existing situations, while a new rule will apply to all future cases.

• 24 Cups says:

My patience is running thin. Note to all NHL players – visors are mandatory starting the first game of the season. And that goes for everyone.

Hybrid icing is a crock. International icing starts the first game into the exhibition season.

Head shot suspensions will work as follows. It doesn’t matter if the other player is injured. It doesn’t matter if you’re Torres or Stamkos. First offense – 10 games with no cap relief and no player replacement on the roster. Second offense – 20 games. Third offense – a year. Fourth – you’re gone forever.

Now we have an NHL that 24 Cups can get excited about.

25. HabFab says:

Tomorrow the Habs host their Draft Combine at Brossard. Still have not seen a list of invitees but have seen figures of 35 and 57 players.

• Sportfan says:

Is the draft Combine players they might want to draft or players they already drafted?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Rad says:

I imagine the usual suspects with be there, same guys you see on most Top 100 lists. Some of the really elite players probably will not attend.

• HabFab says:

Most will be from the Q. Read an interesting article the other day on how Timmins drafts. He makes a list of 75 players he would like to have and takes those still available (in that order) as his turn to draft occurs.

• Rad says:

You are right about more Q players being invited. I doubt Timmins is the one making decisions at the Draft table. Bergevin clearly has a team approach to management, and that would certainly apply to the Draft. With the addition of so many more scouts since he took over the team, Bergevin has signalled the importance of scouting in building the team. Rick Dudley is one of the most highly respected evaluators of talent in the NHL.

• Un Canadien errant says:

That’s quite common, in hockey and football, for example. In football, some teams will make up their draft board, and take a player off entirely if he has character or discipline issues. So even if he might be a ‘first-rounder’, they’ll ignore him as he falls to the second, third, fourth round, etc.

The list is hotly debated at the top, and is pretty set, but when it gets down to third and fourth-rounders, quite a lot of players are grouped relatively equally. At that point need takes over, if you need more defencemen, you’ll take the d-man graded the highest in that cluster.

For the Canadiens, the last couple of years, there has been a concerted effort to draft defencemen that shoot right, for what reason I don’t know, but it definitely didn’t happen because most times when it was our turn to draft a rightie D was ranked at the top of the list. So they were picking the highest-graded R D-man on their list.

26. HabFab says:

Re Bickell salary demands. Scuttlebutt is that he making $600,000 now. Hawks are offering $1.5- 2 ml while he wants $2.5-3 ml. He would probably get $4 ml on this weak UFA market and at 27 years old wants term.

27. habstrinifan says:

Visors mandatory now! NHLPA grandafthered it today.

28. ClutchNGrab says:

Mark Streit will apparently test the free market, I wouldn’t mind seeing him back with the habs.

However after reading the article, 35 years old and more than 5.5 mil per season for at least 3 years, I would say he can go somewhere else, like Toronto.

29. habstrinifan says:

Now that P.K is back in the ‘limelight’, you can expect the ractionary commentary about its effect on the room from Aaron Ward and P.J Stock and Darren Pang(?).

30. habstrinifan says:

HIO is one awesome place. If you want to know ‘what’s gonna happen’ in HABSLAND come here….. period!

Just today couple posters(sorry I dont recall the names.. maybe HabinBurlington was one) were joking about those outdated “you might also like” especially the one with “Subban back in the spotlight”. One poster said dont worry .. P.K will soon be back in the spotlight. :)

HIO had done it again. Always ahead of the curve. Kaberle better watch out cause rumour, according to HIO, is that he may be in for a windfall … and lots of time to spend it.

Just saying!

• wjc says:

Predictions on HIO….90% wrong
      10% right

If you throw enough crap against the wall some is bound to stick.

Windfalls are nice….spending it is nice…….investing it is nice.

Where is the downside again?

Multi-milllion dollar windfall…NICE….just sayin!

wjc

• SmartDog says:

Agreed!

I called the goal tending coach change. :) When HIO wants something – it happens baby!

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

31. HabFab says:

The Competition Committee has wrapped up its meetings in TO. Recommendations are;
    - Visors are going to be grandfathered in (26 NHL games played prior gives you an out)
    - 4 minute high sticking penalties will be video reviewed
    - hybrid icing will be tested in preseason
    - Shallower nets to allow more room behind net

Final approval lays with BoG.

Still more review of goaltender equipment sizes and having to remove helmets to fight under consideration.

32. Psycho29 says:

Tonight’s game is TSN’s last broadcast of this season.

After tonight it’s CBC the rest of the way. :-(

33. SmartDog says:

5 QUESTIONS:

1. Who’s more likely to make a comeback in their series: Pens or Kings?
    2. If it happens, who wins between the Hawks and Bruins – why?
    3. Now that Gomer and Kaberle (almost) are gone. who wears the albatross for the Habs?
    4. Will a new coach improve Price for next year (as SmartDog has been saying for months)?
    5. Bickell – what’s he worth to the Habs?

SD

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• GrosBill says:

1. Kings, they are going back home where they have been great and have been down two nothing already in these playoffs. Though I am still in shock with the Bruins-Pens series I must say.

2. Going to say Bruins, and that is not easy. They will make getting to the net as difficult as they have for the Pens. Goaltending advantage.

3. Well I do not think we will have a Gomez or Kabber (as bad), but seems HIO experts have already reserved this for DD.
      Edit-Sportfan is right, if Price is anything less than stellar next year fans will run him out of town.

4. I hope! But really have no idea.

5. I have to think he stays in Chi at a discount. If he leaves he will likely get overpaid. I will throw 2.75-3.25 million out there. Though like I said, if he leaves, someone will offer him more, perhaps much more. His value seems to continue to rise as these playoffs go on.

• Sportfan says:

1) Penguins, I find it to hard to believe that this team can’t comeback against the bruins, so in my mind they must comeback>

2) Hawks, they are toying with the Kings right now and Bruins play that big pushy game and the Hawks are the team that doesn’t stray away from their game.

3) I suppose Price does if he starts to have a bad game, but DD and Meon although they aren’t hueg contracts will and do bring a lot of complaints

4) Yes, I was never a fan of our last goaltending coach at all, thought it was a farce that they hired him. Luckily for us MB hires smart hockey people.

50 2.5-3.5 million a season up to 4 years.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• habstrinifan says:

#1 Kings.
      #2 Hawks… They have found their mojo… but 7 games.
      #3 I don’t think you can pay me enough to risk and answer. The
      price just isnt worth it. What?
      #4 Who knows really?
      #5 $ around 4.5 to 5 mill for 3 years. We are paying others far more for what they bring.

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

#1 Pens.
        #2 Hawks – nicer jerseys, and a better team in them.
        #3 I think Desharnais will bounce back, but that won’t matter here for a couple of weeks. After that, it’ll be whichever player has the courage to play secretly hurt. Whoever he is, he’ll be hated.
        #4 Price will have a solid early to mid-regular season no matter who coaches him. The issue will be his fades and inconsistency as the playoffs approach. I hope a new goalie coach helps him there. If he does, he should have free beer for life.
        “5 Give him a statue on the new Champlain Bridge, name a street after him and have us use Bickell as the first name for all children born in Montreal in 2014? He’s not coming here.

• The Dude says:

1) Pens
      2)Bruins—LUCIC
      3) PRICE
      4)no
      5) $2.5 for 5

• Cal says:

1. Pens- Kings are too exhausted.
      2. Hawks- more scoring and better overall D.
      3. Price.
      4. No. Too laid back. Too chillax to be a clutch goalie.
      5. 3 to 3.25mil for 4 seasons. Will re-sign with Chicago-plays often with Toews.

• wjc says:

1. Multi layered question, I say both, neither or one of them.

2.The one that wins will consistently score more goals and allow less.

3. Who wears the albatros for the Habs, whipping boys are hard to predict because ‘fans’ are so fickle. It could take one bad game or one bad period, it could be many until one is chosen as the official scape goat.

4 Listen to ‘Smart dog’ blow his own horn. Now list your mistakes…ya didn’t think so. Contracts run out, some renewed some not. New Coach not hired yet, so question is pre mature. But, you knew that.

5. Bickell is the latest ‘fad’, if he is smart he will not come near Montreal. Pick a warm climate, take a U.S. market where you can live your life away from crazies, where people speak one language.
      Pick a market that people live in the ‘now’ and not the past. He would not live up to the hype, media scrutiny, social network that goes non stop….even when it is 100 degrees outside.

Just sayin is all.

Smart dog knows his ‘poop’ but that is about all.

wjc

• Cal says:

“take a U.S. market where you can live your life away from crazies, where people speak one language.”
        And there you are in all your bigoted glory. My toilet paper is a higher form of life than you.

• wjc says:

English speakin people included ‘in the crazies’. Two languages is not a bigoted statement it is a fact.

You my friend need to ‘chill’. Taking offense where there was none.

Hey don’t sign in Toronto either….happy…..both markets are crazy. Toilet paper is one of the most popular sought after commodities in the world. The world needs toilet paper. To compare me is an honor and makes me feel wanted.

wjc

34. HabFab says:

A couple of people interested in the goal-tending coaches position;

LouisJean_TVA – Add @DavidMarcoux to the list of candidates for the goalie coach job w/ #Habs. Confirms he is interested. Interviewed for position in ’09.
    All you need to know about Eli Wilson’s interest for #Habs goalie coach job is on his avatar. @EliWilsonG.

• SmartDog says:

That’s AWESOME!

Prices’ Habs helmet is Wilson’s avatar

He was on 690 today and showed huge interest. He sounds like he’s a successful dude, has helped a lot of guys including Reimer last year.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• Bill J says:

I think Eli Wilson was Price’s personal coach in his early years. IE back when he was a stud winning WJC gold and Calder cup championships in the AHL.

Here’s hoping he’s the next goalie coach. :)

35. frontenac1 says:

Anybody know what Interpretive Dance is? Got a flyer in the mail for a free tryout. There’s lots of Lassies in the picture.

• twilighthours says:

Give it a whirl. What can possibly go wrong?

• Habfan10912 says:

Gotta agree with Twi. I also hear its a great way to get in great shape and hang out with gorgeous women.

• bwoar says:

They dance, you interpret their innermost desires based on the gyrations and gesticulations. Best taken with scotch, like everything else. Loud comments inspired by said dancing are encouraged. Dancers love your feedback!

“thoroughbred”

• habstrinifan says:

WOW! How come I dont get those flyers in my neighbourhood. All I get is flyers from Canadian Tire suggesting I replace my tool.

• HardHabits says:

Considering that dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire, I would imagine that front’s going to have more than one idea where to replace his tool.

I couldn’t have said that at EOTP because it would have been denigrating to handy men everywhere.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Make sure to have a few Jagerbombs before you hit the dancefloor.

• wjc says:

You ‘dance’ by yourself, and an example would be you ‘pretend to be a bear, or a monkey, or a bouncy ball etc.

You will feel like an ass, as people snicker at your clumsey moves. Should be right up your alley.

wjc

36. HabFab says:

So Burlie has been first so many times lately he has run out of comments :)

37. jyeager11 says:

If you guys haven’t seen this yet – LOL
    http:// http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=189242767900954

38. twilighthours says:

Luke, you around? Are you saying that whomever signs Bickell will be getting Travis Moen v2? I must heartily disagree, sir. Moen has never been anywhere close to as effective as Bickell is right now, even during his Duck heyday. Bickell looks like the real deal.

That blondie behind PK is clearly keeping her eye on him.

40. Luke says:

So, PK is on the Anti-Pierre Gauthier diet.

Heard half the interview. It was funny hearing him refer to ‘young guys’.
    They asked him about the MaxPac arguement which he basically brushed off. Saying Playoffs are emotional and it happens. He cited Toews losing his cool as an example as well.
    The clique of merry makers (‘beauties’) is PK, Armstrong, Prust and (surprisingly to me) Bourque.
    Now before you think it is a bad thing, Prust and Armstrong are the ring leaders, not PK, so I’m sure it’s not an issue…

But perhaps the highlight of the interview was how he referred to checking or watching ‘tsn’ several times.

41. habs001 says:

A lot of posters have stated that they should try DD at wing..Not sure it would work but how about trying him on wing with Eller and Maxpac…

42. commandant says:

Damn, I was hoping PK would join the panel with the Yale reporter from yesterday.

Your 2013 NHL Draft Headquarters, Now Open.